/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/gencon50exclamation-mark-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
When will you people just give in to Mage Supremacy?
>5th editons cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da

Yet another lovely day to be a Mage, lads.

tfw too intelligent to play non-Mages

You can't affect subatomic particles until rank 5

First for Burka supremacy.

So if you could create an 11th sphere of magic, what would it be?

If you were going to cut a sphere, which one?

So obviously if I use supernatural power to alter someone's mind and get them to fuck me, that's rape.

But if I use my powers to just make myself more charismatic or beautiful, and convince a person to fuck me using my newly improved abilities, that's not rape right?

Subatomic particles are matter, same as stone

Your powers are determined by rank, but the arcana don't differentiate between different types of the thing you're affecting

No. As long as they're making the choice, that's fine. They probably won't want to know you after the powers expire though.

It's all rape. Doesn't matter what you do.

It's even worse. That is catfishing

Sphere? We use arcana in these threads homeslice

Says who?
They're just another part of the universe.

Next thing you'll be saying you can't multiply the cosmological speed at which we are travelling through the universe (2,100,000 km/hr) with Forces 3, instantly atomising them with but one Potency in excess of Withstand.

I remember that argument.

Fortunately the Exarchs prevent such foolishness

All hail the Exarchs, the benevolent martyrs who gave their mortal lives to save use from silly buggers like you

No that's you making yourself more privileged and that's worse

The Prophet a pure girl, every other Exarch a shit. Gatefags need not apply, it's just an abyssal intruder you morons.

Even the other Exarchs say she's one of them. The prettiest one.

Mages might be the most powerful

But they do look a bit silly

Not rape, but still pretty sleazy. I mean, come on guy. Sleepers are innocent little dopes. Are you really going to use your phenomenal cosmic power to flirt them right into your bed?

I hate to bring kids into a sex metaphor, but it's like an adult manipulating a young child.

UNICYCLE.
TRUMPETS.

I wasn't specifically talking about Mages.

And since you mention kids:
>Mother May I
>It is a sickening thing, the succubus, a demon driven by Lust, yes, but often for a very damning purpose: to have a child. By stealing the semen of sleeping men, the succubus could impregnate herself with a child born of true sin. Here, the Possessed with this Vestment gains +3 Social rolls when dealing with children. They find the character very…parental. A dark irony, indeed.

>it's like an adult manipulating a young child who murders magic with its ignorant gaze
I don't see the problem

I hate practically every piece of Mage art I've ever seen, with only the mildly inoffensive ones and the rare good ones as exceptions.

A book for a game about "Modern Sorcery" shouldn't have a Jafar looking motherfucker sending somebody to the Phantom Zone with poorly done Nimbus details.

Sorry, I was put in the mind of a Mage argument about this very subject that happened almost a year ago.

>A book for a game about "Modern Sorcery" shouldn't have a Jafar looking motherfucker sending somebody to the Phantom Zone with poorly done Nimbus details.
Why do you hate fun user?

If mage is so good, why does it have shit art?

Possessed were nasty. A pride/wrath one could absolutely piss willpower while treating his attack rolls as rote actions. Hilarious. And I'm pretty sure the attack rolls were for agg-damage.

That book was really great, though. A nice take on the whole demon thing. Don't get me wrong, I like Demon: The Fallen, but Inferno really stepped up to the plate for CofD.

You can eliminate Downs syndrome from Iceland but not from Mage the Awakening

>A book for a game about "Modern Sorcery" shouldn't have a Jafar looking motherfucker sending somebody to the Phantom Zone with poorly done Nimbus details.

It's like you don't even want yantra bonuses

So were they intending for that to come across as the luring kids into your van power or were they just being stupid

Agreed. His time would be better spent trying to kill the batman.

I meant to say "on the cover".

Don't know why I left that out.

Well, it's from Inferno, so not deliberately. It's just a bonus. This is the same book that let you shoot ketamene from your cock.

It's a Lust power, so I assume so

>Cruel Ambrosia:
The character exudes a sweet,
fragrant milk from one of her orifces: usually the
mouth, though other more… unusual exits are possible. This milk is a drug that, when consumed, simulates the effects of a potent hallucinogen. In addition,
it’s addictive (see the Addiction Flaw, p. 218, World
of Darkness Rulebook).

What are Possessed?

It's a game about wizards, user. Modern or not, wizardly attire is going to be a given.

>lactation
>potentially even from breasts

Minor template. Possessed by a demon. Could gain 'investments' depending on their 'vices', which ran up to 3 dots. Some were pretty nasty. Like, a pride demon could give you 1/2 points of willpower every time you succeeded on a roll in your 'dominant sphere' - physical, mental or social skills. You'd lose it if you fucked the roll, sure, but another power let you turn that roll into a rote action for a specific skill. Or you could be invulnerable to harm as long as you were touched by the blood of an enemy from a Wrath demon. That sort of thing.

Characters who are possessed by a Demon, either by being taken over or from striking a pact with it for power.

They're in Inferno, an nWoD splat. These Demons are essentially spirits representing one of the 7 deadly sins, and Possessed get powers based on a 1-3 dot rating in each of those sins

Best cover art for Awakening coming through.

Same thing, but I prefer this one

They're like Sin-eaters but with demons instead of ghosts. Much like Sin-eaters they're absurdly broken if you build them right.

>not making people drink your addictive demonic ass milk

Art style on that one reminds me of werewolf.

Seers of the Throne has a very appropriate cover. Fucking creepy.

I think it's the same artist who did all those great Lodge illustrations.

>the exarchs are so bored they are pupeetering seers to pupeeter tiny people

No one is having fun in this pic and it's hilarious

"I'm watching my Sim watch TV"

I think only the Space Exarch does that.

The only other cover art that really caught my eye. Also quite appropriate.

In general I agree with you, but it is the Silver Ladder book, they're the most orthodox of the lot. If anyone's going to be Jafar, it's a ladder.

Over the top goofy outfits still bother me less than everyone dressed like a punk or goth or what have you. What's wrong with a nice suit and tie?

cute

It was my understanding such silly get-ups were only for Convocations and the like, and maybe if you have a particularly flamboyant Persona Yantra.

But come on, in my art I want to see Seers as beautiful high society people, wearing suits and dresses, some insanely beautiful because Life and no shame. Politicians who are infiltrating Fallen power structures with crazy rigged campaigns, etc. Not a bunch of creeps at a masquerade. Silver Ladder Mages should be likewise shown in positions of authority. They wrote the Lex Magica. Awakened law. One in a imposing (not ridiculous) wizardly get-up presiding over an official gathering or a trial would be great.

Barring the one from the Free Council book (not the one from the 2e core), I don't think a single piece of Mage art has come close to actually capturing what's outlined in the text.

Wasn't that the book that gave you the chance to swap your eyes for salt and become like a 4th degree master?

>What's wrong with a nice suit and tie?
Nothing

But the Supernal being all about symbolism, sorcerous clothing is mandatory at times.

Exactly what is goofy about this refined gentleman?

Pure Sovereigns artwork is great for a 'casual' Silver Ladder person.

Is that one of those ipod knockoffs in his pocket? The one that had a clip-in HDD?

I'm trying to learn how to dm vtm, any advice? first time playing wod, using the pdf now, just bought the 20th anniversary for $100 on drivethru rpg, did i dun goofed? I have so many questions about this game its all so confusing

Sinister-chan is a classy lady.

>vtm
>20th anniversary for $100 on drivethru rpg

I have some bad news user

Best art.

First you'll need blood. Stab your players for blood. They will understand the need for atmosphere and props

God help us all, they re-used that picture in Left-Hand Path too.

Like what, question wise?
It's not CofD. Play feeding scenes, sure, but let the players feel like the big tough men they'll no doubt be playing. They shouldn't deal with 'just' a neighbourhood gang problem, they're dealing with a gang problem all over the city, because the apparatus which secretly controls them all is all over the city. And is probably another vampire.

>left-hand path
>right hand is glowing

That's her left hand user

Do not question the exarchs

>colored hair skank
Don't talk to me or my wife's son's waifu ever again

Mage is a sophisticated game for sophisticated minds

So she must be distracting you from the evil talismans in her left hand dummy. You're never going to make it in this man's pylon at this rate!

She switched her left and right hands, it's an Abyssal Investment.

Do Sin eaters just naturally gravitate to each other or something?

All hair is colored.

I am running a forsaken game but my player complain that target number 8 is to high. They barely ever do damage in combat even agaisnt humans, except the rahu. Should i drop it to tn 7?

No socks, obviously.

They have ghost internet.

You aren't supposed to wear socks with flip-flops, it would be a faux pas.

They throw a lot of parties, so the community forms around them

No, just re-read the rules, and tell them to get gud.

>this kills the German

I like hard covers ok? (I dun goofed upon further inspection)

Yeah, you get taken over by a dethroned Exarch or something.

DaveB's Broken Diamond actual play was a campaign run with that book. Cool stuff, worth a read.

Yeah, but if you stopped halfway through you kept the shiny arcana and were basically a vampire mage, just replace "Beast" with "Angry partial exarch".

Don't you also become incredibly obsessed with finishing the transformation though? Like you get a Destiny, and you feel like it's your destiny to become the host of the angry Exarch.

I think so, it's been a while. I guess if you finish the campaign but keep the bits.

Where the fuck is this from? Is all of 1ed just shitty archie comics?

Hahaha, it's from one of the Legacy books.
On the Thredonists, if I remember correctly.

Crazy Mages who think demons cause string theory.

>Is all of 1ed just shitty archie comics?
Basically, yes.

There's one fucking artist who's especially bad. Some of the art is okay but even the average is low.

I'm guessing he got so much mage work because, hey, the line developer had a sack of money he spent on drugs and this guy would work for a bottle of coke and tendies. Vampires and Werewolf got the good art. Bloodlines: The Hidden (And some of the later 1e books) were amazing.

What the rules gonna do? Everyone but the rahu are massively unlucky. After a string of constant failures 14 sesions in the elodoth charged in gauru against a group of ghouls with down and dirty combat (12 dice vs 5 from the ghouls) and he got no success vs 1 from the ghouls and now he is dead

If they're just that unlucky then start fudging for your players.

I think the workflow on these books means once they get their commissioned art delivered, it's too late to reject or substitute it. I still can't explain reusing Mr. ipod though.

They can't help luck. You can, however, fudge in their favor.
Or get them to burn their dice and get new ones.
Hope their bad luck goes with the old bunch.

Luck is a key aspect of the game, get used to it.