Player gripes thread

We had some DM ones, let's do it from the other side of the screen.

>One particular GM with homebrew setting.
>Actually kind of neat when you get into it, but he plays with the usual fantasy tropes of heavenly beings.
>Angels serve gods. Good gods have good angels, neutral gods have neutralish angels, evil gods have evil angels.
>Angels are a kind of immortal spirit doing immortal spirit things most of the time.
>They can, however "fall". Falling has nothing to do with morals or ethics, they LoTR like incarnate into a body, trading away their immortality for a greater ability to act in the material world. The process is one way and irreversible. But a good fallen angel is still good, and an evil fallen angel is still evil.
>This is separate from demons, who nobody, not even the gods know much about, and seem to be spirits of chaos and destruction that were around since day 1.

I don't have a problem with any of the above. But he never actually explains any of it, and just gets irritated with people who don't keep up with his personal definitions; I only got what I greentexted by months of sessions with him and puzzling it out.

>Haha I didn't even plan that session AT ALL, did you even notice?
Yes. Yes I did notice. It was very obvious.

>DM asks for a wishlist of items from the party
>never gives anyone an item from their wishlist

Honestly I love my group and my DM. No gripes here

>DMPCs
>magical realm

Every fucking game

>be DM
>ask players for wishlist of items just so I know what to never let them have

Sometimes you get both at once. In a memorable mess of a game way back, we had a DMPC introduce himself as
> the one who fellates the giver.

>three week hiatus
>"I don't have anything prepared for this session"

>near the end of an adventure
>have been fucking up badly
>low on health and spells
>suddenly enemies all start whiffing constantly
>completely tactically incompetent as well
>confront DM about it after the session
>"I didn't want you guys to lose"

This is my current GM. He's really good until we start stumbling or are just low on resources.
We've told him that danger is fine, and even fun!

>Actual magical realm

Storytime. I've always wanted to believe it's just a meme that never actually happens so please crush my hopes.

>"what does the room smell like"
>"I dunno"

>"what kind of street vendor food is there in this town"
>"I dunno"

>"what kind of stone is the wall made of"
>"I dunno"

It baffles me how that's the GM's default answer. Please tell me this isn't common.

I'm not even a super good GM and I know to just make stuff up. Hell, even "Uhh, let me check" as you flip through your notes (actually just making something up) is fine.

Paraphrased from the middle of last session:
>"I visited my parents place last week and got to meet a cousin of mine. It turns out he's really cool, he plays [video game I can't recall] and we talked about that for a while. I wish I brought my PS4 there when I went so we could have played, but I didn't think of it when I was packing. Have you guys watched the newest episode of Little Witch Academia? I thought it was..." etc.

>Guys complaining about wife nagging
>What about you user? Any tales of terror from the old ball and chain?
>"I love my wife very much actually"

A long time ago, with a guy I no longer play with.
>being hit, especially by fire, would damage clothes and equipment.
>fire slinging enemies all over the place.
>out characters are all half naked, but triumphant
>heading back to town
>suddenly everyone, from town guard to local lords to the guy we left our horses with try to rape the huntress, because she's a filthy slut asking for it by walking around half naked.

My players when I GM.

>Join a campaign in the middle of it
>everyone is lvl 5 almost lvl 6
>they have 3 magic items (for the 3 of them, one player A uses 2, player B uses 1 and player C 0)
>They decided to do it this way because they like to optimize the party and don't care about fairness, they also put all the gold in a common treasury and buy items for the person who needs it the most
>wtf is this communism? no personal ambition?
>I challenge the DM and other players on this, I call on their shitty metagame munchkin
>A player tells me that they are good alignment characters trying to save the continent, of course that they will share like that when their "whole existance is at stake"
>okay whatever, I ask the DM if I start with a magic item because they have 3
>DM says no
>mfw I'm lvl 5 and I don't have magic items but the rest of the party does

I'm thinking of leaving the game, this lack of ambition seems like lack of roleplay and metagamey to me and the fact that everyone has magic items but is such shitty favouritism

>after the session
>GM: "I'm surprised you made your way out of that one. The Persuasion check was DC 18. You missed an enchanted item in an invisible chest though; that would've been fun to play with."
>Player A: "Was how we got out of the room the way we were supposed to?"
>GM: "That's what it said in the book, but I didn't expect you to spend so long fighting the enemies before finding it."
>etc.

This happens immediately at the end of every session. I've brought it up but nobody else minds so I just have to go into the other room while they banter.

Ohh and don't let me start how much he restricted me at character creation because of "muh homebrew world"

>no homebrew races
>no monstrous races
>no drow
>no unearthed arcana at all (except for ranger)

I tried to convince me to let me play a Bard Yuan-ti but he sperged and said no.

GMs who love their own world are the worst. I mean fucking grow up, it is just a place where a group have fun once a week and roll some dice not some artistic masterpiece, you are not fucking Tolkien.

>player insists on being the upright moral character, tries to act as the face
>plays as if he has the IQ and temperament of a rabid piranha

We're trying to recruit a bunch of powerful people and he just cannot shut up. He insulted the Storm King to his face and - for some reason - tried to induce a transformation into the embodiment of death (a state in which he can't control himself) in the middle of the Dragonriders' seat of power while we were on our way to meet with them. Most of the other players have done things equally as retarded but never under the guise of playing an Arthurian knight.

I'm the Chaotic Stupid, lolsrandumb explosives expert/alchemist meme character and I somehow manage to tie for most sensible member of the party.

>everyone who isn't a Sorcerer, Warlock, or Paladin has 8 Cha
5e is a tabletop war game after all

I know this is bait, but please throw yourself off the nearest balcony.

>some asshole shows up
>says we should all be dickbags and not share loot and that free handouts are for commies
>get mad when he doesn't get a free hand out
>Also wanted to be either a monster or a yuan-ti because of course he did
>gets mad when told the meaning of the word verisimilitude and whines that people put effort into their social activities

For your sake child, I hope this is b8 and you aren't actually this horrible a 'that guy'

>>player insists on being the upright moral character, tries to act as the face
>>plays as if he has the IQ and temperament of a rabid piranha
Don't forget that their moral standards will either be Catholic moral standards or Californian moral standards with zero regard for the cultural norms of the setting.

Is not about being dicks and not sharing but I am into roleplaying not into roll playing. Characters should have motivations and ambitions. Sharing everything for the sake of achieving a quest (giving the benefit of the doubt here, if I have to guess it is pure munchkin behaviour) it is lame.

Also I didn't even want to be evil, I was going for chaotic neutral because I know that evil aligned PCs in a good party is dickish.

And lastly no I didn't want a free handout but I hate being less powerful than the rest of the party because I started late.

They're not perfect but you really do sound like a piece of shit. "Chaotic neutral", right.

>I am into roleplaying not into roll playing.
>I mean fucking grow up, it is just a place where a group have fun once a week and roll some dice not some artistic masterpiece

>Characters should have motivations and ambitions.
>A player tells me that they are good alignment characters trying to save the continent, of course that they will share like that when their "whole existance is at stake"

>chaotic neutral

So either you have no self-awareness and are entirely immune to cognitive dissonance, or you're just b8ing by throwing down as many that guy red flags and buzzwords as you possibly can with no regard for internal consistency

either way, be a better person

>GM demands your character have an established backstory
>a description and general demeanour are insufficient
>backstory is never once used or referred to by the GM in play

I mean, I'd struggle to come up with answers too unless it's something I'd thought you'd ask. But I'd like to think I'd do better than "dunno". Let's try.

>"what does the room smell like"
>"Uh, well...it's a farmer's hut so the dominant smells would probably be dirt, mud and pig shit."

>"what kind of street vendor food is there in this town"
>"Uh, I'm gonna be honest user, I don't know much about traditional Scandinavian street vendor fare in the middle ages. I can look it up right now if it's important, otherwise let's say some assortment of salted meats and fish and maybe some burnt-tasting stews."

>"what kind of stone is the wall made of"
>"What kind of stone are walls normally made of? Why, what are you thinking? You want to knock it down? Let's say sandstone then, that's a common building material right?"

You mean you wouldn't make a backstory anyway? Do your characters come from adventurer eggs or something?

A backstory may or may not come up during the play, but there's literally no excuse to having no backstory at all.

There is no cognitive dissonance at all

Role playing is about playing a character, making an accent, playing to some follow some logical motivation and laugh, not about trying to autistically keep 100% verisimilitude of a shitty clone of the Forgotten realms. Just watch Critical Role or something, they are the best (streaming) roleplayers in the world.

Their excuse to their munchkin is probably bullshit though but I'll give you that one

>chaotic neutral

I am a true chaotic neutral not your average horror story "chaotic neutral", I have playing TTRPGS for 10 years, I know what I'm doing kid.

>I know what I'm doing, kid

>Just watch Critical Role or something, they are the worst (streaming) roleplayers in the world.
FTFY

Jesus, kid. I hope once you've finished puberty you look back on this day and cringe.

>GM: "no custom races"
...except for his, and his, and his, and her's, and her's. *trollface*
>GM: "no custom classes"
...except for his, and his, and his, and her's, and her's. *trollface II: trolling harder*
>GM: "The looted enemy equipment in your hands dissolve into rust"
...except for his, and his, and his, and her's, and her's. *trollface III: maximum overtroll*

GM escalated shit at breakneck speed, in ways that were clearly power-fantasy feeding. Which is to say, in ways that didn't make sense. He didn't know how to not escalate.

> You surprise the necromancer by sneaking up on him, and he botches his summoning spell. The necromancer disappears in a mist of gore and a greater balor towers where he was.

Also repeatedly bailed us out of situations with sudden deus ex machinas with no foreshadowing. If the weapon we had all along had been hinted in any way, shape, or form to be able to kill this thing, then that would make sense and would be mildly satisfying, but it was just sudden and jarring.

> As you hurl your weapon toward the balor, it lights up with devil power from your pact, and hits it square in the chest. He bursts into flame and is gone from this world.

This all happened very quickly, such that more than half of us hadn't had a chance to act at all during the encounter.

He also had a tendency to put us in puzzle situations with lethal consequences and no clear hints to the solution, which requires inevitably prodding him with questions for five minutes while the impatient that-guys want to attack something.

Also, railroading by using bigger threats, even if they didn't make sense for the region of the world or the lore.

>...as you step into the light, you see before you a gargantuan behemoth, with horns on its head and scaly skin.
It was a motherfucking tarrasque, in the middle of motherfucking nowhere, to get us to go back into the cave.

At least his NPCs were entertaining.

>actually complaining you can't be a homebrew race, drow, or monstrous race
>honest guys I am the good guy here

Too true. It makes total sense to share loot. And not allowing homebrew/UA is totally up the GM, it's not for you to bitch about.

Everyone's jumping on this guy for this post, and while I agree that he's being a bit childish I DO think that some GMs get a bit too married to their worldbuilding.

Recently had a GM veto playing a half-orc because he "had no room for orcs in his world," and that just seems pretty counter intuitive to me - if you're running D&D, shouldn't you be building the setting around the game's rules? There are certain races and classes that are part of each edition's core kit, but I've had experiene with GMs restricting access to half-orcs, gnomes, divine casters, and warlocks in the past not for "balancing" reasons, but purely "worldbuilding" reasons.

That's kinda dumb, desu

The rules provide things that can be but don't have to.
The GM is in total control, he is the final arbiter, standing above the rules.
If he says that something does not exist then it does not exist.
So if he wants to make a setting in which there are no half-orcs he is fully within his rights to do so and ignore rules pertaining half-orcs.

Really, ask yourself:
Are the rules centered about this?
Will they break down if I remove this?

And with most things you will get "No" and "No"

I agree with you on races, but he also mentioned DMs who have restricted access to certain types of casters, which the rules of a system like D&D very much centered around.

At the point where your worldbuilding has you saying "no clerics or paladins" you should probably consider if you want to be playing a different system than D&D.

Sure, stuff like Half-Orcs get two "No"s, while stuff like martials or casters or magic get at least one "Yes"

Usually you will pick your system that stuff you don't want rarely gets "Yes" and stuff that you like often gets "Yes"

>Player sees thing
>Makes assumption with little to no evidence
>Tells everyone over voice chat and gets mad if you assume something different
>If it's something out of combat, works his assumption into the setting because "he totally heard it somewhere"

If you were mainly into the story then why do you care so much about loot and getting 3 magic items and being on par with everyone?

Were you at least allowed to refluff your halforc into a bigger and stronger then average human?

The only grown man there.

Because level 5 starting gold is 9000 gp. More than enough for several magic items and fighting any appropriate challenge for that level in mundane great is no different than shooting yourself in the head.

>Do your characters come from adventurer eggs or something?
This is the new backstory for all dragonborn, lizardfolk, kobold and jewish PC's.

No arguments.

>plot aand lore so deep Megatron was imprisoned there
>npcs treat us like morons for not making immediate revelations

Also
>every npc treats you like shit due to mandatory assigned group backstory

Two points of to-hit, damage, and AC are not nearly as big of a deal as you're making them out to be.
Will you be worse? Yes. Will you be some sort of spastic cripple a la Truenamer? Fuck no, stop bitching and fucking play.

Seems like the whole party had 9k gold to share in total, instead of 36k. Sucks to be you guys.

Let's take it a step further. What would a setting look like where fully formed level 1 adventurers with starting gear hatch from eggs? No backstories, no personal connections.
If eggs are laid in clutches, adventurers would probably imprint on the others who hatched with them, but single eggs are also an option. If only single adventurer eggs are laid/spontaneously appear, I think it would be appropriate for adventurers to naturally gravitate towards taverns where they can form small groups for mutual protection before setting out on quests.
But this poses some interesting questions.
Firstly, where do these eggs come from? Are they offshoots of god(s)? Are they merely byproducts of some strange creature, dropped in passing and not even noticed by their mother? Are they generated by some underlying process of the world, like rust will form on iron? Or are adventurers like the Phoenix, and a new egg will form where/when an old adventurer dies? Is the number of adventurers fixed? What happens if an egg is destroyed before it can hatch? Does that mean there will be one adventurer less in the world forevermore? Are adventurers a slowly dying breed?

Secondly, how does this odd way in which adventurers are formed influence how the rest of the world treats them? Everyone else has parents, family, friends, a childhood, unique learning experiences. But adventurers just pop up as young adults, able to speak one or even several languages, and with a complete set of skills and equipment. Are they shunned except in times of great need? Is this why adventurers so often turn to looting old ruins and tombs? Because they simply have no other option for gainful employment. Or has society grown accustomed to them over time, treating their unusual genesis as simply an oddity or eccentricity?

Guys, we might have to think about this and get shit done.

>complains about munchkins
>complains when not allowed to blatantly munchkin
>goes on other threads to complain about people calling him out

Grow up m8

I stand by the fact GMPC should never be in a game that has 3 players or more
Peoples have lifes dude. You so fuckin free you run somthing
Its a hard thing to get right. I tend to go, low damage on their hits.

Could you not throw some stuff out there.
>What kinda stone is this wall made out of?
>I dunno
> Well is it standstone, mud. covered in vines.
Help him, its not like its a co-op game or anything. Anything you can do will make him a better GM

Stupid GM. We are not your friends!

Fucking magical relmers
>She turns into an angel
>People looking in the windows hands appear to be moving up and down. You can hear them moaning as they stare
AND
>gives out magical items from the blue magic DnD3.5 book
[TRUE STORY]
And the Angel and the blue magic where given to his bestbuddy. Two different games years apart.
AHhhaaa... never played in a group whos PC's want to be together have you. Like why would people travel together if they just dick eachother over all the time

Prewrittens sux so much. Even more if the GM dont change it to fit the groups play style

Sounds like you need a new group buddy

Downfall of the system. Though I loved my STR/CHA barbarian in pathfinder

(added)
THIS. I hate doing backstories till I understand how the GM runs his world. I can do it before I start from GMS I ran with before, but I tend to not like writing them till session 3 or so

This is so meta i can't help but love it.

I'd say they hatch with a half formed tangle of memorys that seem to have little bearing on future actions, as they aren't sure if they are even real.

They hatch fully formed, armed and armored. Some fresh faced and young others weathered and grissled, bearing scars of battles only dimly remembered.

It can sometimes be hard to tell someone is an adventurer. But like in blade runner there are tells. A lack of emotional maturity for their aparent age. Strange customs and beliefs that clash with socital norms. Frequently they seem to disregard others as unimportant or forget the names and faces of people everyone in the lands can't help but know. They nearly always seem willing to throw around lots of money, even on simple things. Conversely some hoard every penny and become enraged beyond reason when even a single one goes missing. They are never seen pooping or peing unless it seems involintary or as mearly a means to and end rather than a nesessity. They seeming to go for days or weeks without food or drink and suffer no I'll effects. Sometimes months seem to pass with them in a daze, proforming complex tasks as if sleepwalking.

Something like this hapened in a game of Fading Suns I was in. I was the Senior !NotAdMech on the planet, because the Nobles that ran the rock I was on were in tight with the inqusitorial sect of the church so there were only six of us on the whole planet.

My guy, after lifepathing, ended up just stacking the shit out of social penalty drawbacks, so I bought an alien slave to serve as a customer interface kiosk while I puttered around in the back and tried to reacreate the glass from Glass Fleet to earn a promotion off this hell hole.

THe other party members were a Charioteer (the merchents guild that can fly ships] who was part of a heretical cult addicted to FTL travel, and a mobster. The mob in Fading Suns maintains a front as a legit merchent guild, but yeah, it was the mob.

Somehow they decided I was the best person to be the party's face.

They sometimes have a strange and creepy tendency to discuss things with the thin air as if someone is answering them, but there's nothing there detectable to even the greatest wizards or clerics of any alignment.

What makes it extra spooky though is how sometimes, they utter nearly the exact same phrase, even if they have no way of knowing the other adventurers who have said it. "I'm rolling a spot check."

If this mysterious "Rolling" is "Successful" (it's unclear what factors apply to it's success) they somehow obtain information they have no business knowing, like discovering a perfectly hidden room.

The beings that hatch from adventurer eggs are the only ones in the world with levels of PC classes. Everyone else, the 'NPCs' cannot gain these levels, making for a huge power disparity.

PCs are thus powerful and dangerous resources, whom NPCs search out and raise to believe that their purpose in life is to kill monsters and perform tasks for gold. A few NPCs form a special group - 'gygaxes' - who are trained to exploit weaknesses in each character class to kill unstable adventurers, usually through the use of custom-built dungeons which their agents lure adventures into to die.

BBEGs are what you get when an adventurer is raised by criminals.

When adventurers are unclaimed and left to raise themselves, you get chaotic neutrals.

Sometimes, I heard they talk to themselves or sometimes their buddies while bleeding out, cool as a cucumber.

The DM gave me 600 GP for starting gold.

I...Want to play in this setting.
Shoot IM GONNA RUN THIS!

So this reminded me a bit of a book I read in High School called Heroes Die.

It's about near future world that finds a way to send people into an alternate world full of fantasy shit. So they implant chips into people called Actors and send them out to LARP D&D, then livestream it with thier VR sets (of course they also get the full sensory feedback, If the Actor you're observing from fucks an elf, you get to feel that, If they get shanked in the back, you get to feel that.)

They send the Actors in without thier chips for a few years to build a credible backstory in D n D world, then start the offical shit.

The Actors go through some seriously insane counter interogation training. Because they have to be able to resist all sorts of torture and magical interogation, just in case the DnD people ever find out what's going on.

Of course, the DnD world has found out..But actors are like a boogey man. Because of the insane conditioning the only way you can know if someone is an Actor is if you kill them and open up their skull to find their brain chip. So there are occasionally pogroms and shit hunting for "Actiri" since no one knows who they are, why they're in the world, or what the hell they want...again, if they even believe in Actiri at all.

>write 2 pages on new character explaining he's a highly cautious criminal
>no old bold pilots sort of thing
>make sure DM has a good understanding of the character
>game begins
>DM puts the party at the mouth of a cave that looks like a bunch of bloodthirsters had a battle royale in
>character naturally explains that it is an insanely bad idea to go inside without some kind of intel
>party and DM strongly insist on going inside blind
>finally agree because I didn't want to cause trouble with the new group
>we run into some monster and no one can effectively damage
>bail on group after natural 1 to not shit pants

I don't hold any ill will towards the DM or the other players, but damn that situation was fucked.

accurate

>GM: "The looted enemy equipment in your hands dissolve into rust"
I had one GM that was a really annoying case of this and really dumb homebrewing.

Basically, he used an armor as DR houserule/optional rule he read somewhere. SO armor didn't give any AC (we just have base+DEX), but it gave DR, I forget if it was equal to the armor bonus we would have gotten, or based on some formula that sued the armor bonus, but eh.

Anyways, both us and all enemies are using this, so normally this wouldn't be an issue. However, every enemy we fought had houseruled weapons. He called the "Ravager" weapons. They could be swords, arrows, axes, etc. What did they do? Why, they bypassed all types of DR of course.

And I'm not exaggerating, literally EVERY enemy had these fucking things. Our first fight was against some random bandits in the middle of fuckoff nowhere and our Fighter died in the surprise round when 12 of them hit him(very easily because again, no AC from armor). We ended up having to flee from nearly every fight until we ambushed some other bandits.

But at least, we killed these guys who explicitly had Ravager weapons. Now we can grab them and use them ourselves.

>Me: Ok, I loot their weapons. it'll be nice to use this shit ourselves for a change.
>GM: No you don't
>Me: Why? Are they locked, they disintigrate..magic?
>GM: No, you just don't loot it.
>Other Player: Why?
>GM: You don't. Anyways the scuffle alerts the other 5 guys who were nearby....

So yeah, we weren't allowed to take these weapons because.....the GM just said we couldn't.

For some reason he was genuinely confused when we told him we're not playing with those houserules anymore.

I ended up having one game where that happened. All human party, but you cna play whatever as long as you fluff it to be human.

So I took a Minotaur and made him a big beefy bald guy. Bouncer for a local club, and his favorite method of fighting was grabbing people and headbutting them

>You mean you wouldn't make a backstory anyway? Do your characters come from adventurer eggs or something?

No user, my characters are fictional cut-outs that exist in a fictional world to enable me to play a game with dice and numbers which in turn enables me to do something other than wallow in the self-pity of a pointless existence.

I may have a firm idea of who a character is and what motivates them but I seldom have more than a rough idea of where a character came from at the start of a new campaign. And I certainly don't commit effort to pointless trivia like the name of his hometown, how many siblings he had, his parents' profession, etc unless I'm forced to because none of that has any bearing on who that character is today.

>Roll not to shit/piss/scream
I HATE this sooooooo much. Im a fucking hero dammit, I deal with this stuff all the time. I like armor as DR, but not in DnD

I think MRQ2 did this very well. Basically you had from 0 to 6 DR depending on your armor. 1 was basic shit like a leather jacket and 6 was full on plate armor. Loved that.

>Also loved my +1d6 spell that set my axe on fire
>Magic damage goes through DR unless magic DR
>Nobody had magic DR, like ever

>every npc is a cunt
>gets pissy when we will not talk to them

>her's

It wasn't a literal shit pants roll. The enemy had a crippling debuff that fucked with you every round.

In your case ok. But Shit Pants rolls are real.
Lets add to that.
> Roll 1. Bow Breaks, Fall over, Sword is stuck in ground, punch rather then kiss, Jack off instead of grapple, Set fire to forest instead of campfire

I think last time this idea got discussed everyone agreed they're unfertilized dragon eggs. That's why adventurers are so greedy - it's the dragon in them. And why they can all become sorcerers.

Sounds like a fun little co-op game they're playing and you want to stumble on in being a chaotic-something fuckwit.

They're all playing Dark Souls in jolly co-op and you're the invader.
>g-guys isn't it more FUN if you have challenge c'mon fight me!
>no we just want to wail on AI and beat the boss together

The campfire roll isn't that bad, though. I mean, as long as you actually get an attempt or two at extinguishing it. Might be that the smoke signal attracted indians on the prowl or something, fuck do I know. Maybe damage a tent. Anger druids/dryads. Add some interesting turn, basically.

Because fuck that, I almost never make a backstory unless I have a very specific character I want to play. I usually just start out with a few small details and let the character build naturally from there. All my best characters grew from that.

I also much prefer to define and set a backstory in stone once I have something of a feel for the setting.

Helps make the character far more immersive by not being displaced from their reality by some mistake born of ignorance before play.

>my backstories are always real wishy-washy
>for eg. [character] was part of guild-y thing and sent on mission to retrieve artifact but was cut off and left for dead when an opposing guild was discovered to have sent their own kill-team to retrieve it. [character] survived with [gimmick that's part of the character's build] and is now a member of the party due to [session 0 shenanigans]
>don't even write this stuff down, it's just there in my head
>flesh out details when they become important
>my general IRL group is fine with this

>try to join online games
>they seem to always expect at least a solid page of backstory

They often speak of a being named "Dee Em," usually as if he has a say in what actions take place in the world. Who this being is, what influence he has on the world is forever a mystery.

Dee Em may be related to a separate being known as Dee Twentee, but it's not clear. It is known, however, that any mentions of Dee Twentee followed by mentioning a Nat Twentee or Nat Wun(siblings or children of Dee Twentee perhaps?) is a sign of ill omen.

See, I am pretty sure they're greater and lesser gods in their weird mythology. The hint is in the names. "Dee" is obviously a revered title, while "Nat" is usually some sort of lesser effect of the "Dee" doing something.

We already did this, guys.

>*trollface*
>*trollface II: trolling harder*
>*trollface III: maximum overtroll*

What is this, 2009 Reddit? Jesus christ you type like pure cancer.

Honestly, the discussion in there is far more interesting.

GMs going out of their ways to hit NPCs the players care about tend to induce a general apathy to a big part of a rolepalying game.

Not that said NPCs shouldn't ever be endangered, or even perish, but actively targeting them is bad GMing, as opposed to, for instance, rolling for events every so often, in which they could HAPPEN to be endangered, potentially creating more engaging narrative situations.

What GM is /making/ you roll for kissing?
Not calling them shit /because/ of this, but I feel like it's a sign that GM has pulled other questionable shit.

My DM is even worse than that. He sets up encounters that are way above our party level, and then after the stealth platemail archer squads are done being unhittable and shredding our party to pieces, they suddenly lose all ability to properly aim and start making terrible stealth rolls. It's the least subtle fudging of rolls I've ever seen.

Rolled 11 (1d20)

"Roll to kiss your girlfriend."
*1*
"You shit your pants."

Rolling to kiss my DM's ass

>Sounds like you need a new group buddy
Nah, they're all right. They suck at even pretending to be serious, but they're still a blast to hang out with. I have a second group for when I want to play more serious stuff, it's just mildly annoying when the guy with assburgers wants to play a paladin.

>a Bard Yuan-ti b
youre a faggot