EDH/Commander General /edhg/

"Reserved List" Edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Horrible place with primers, access at your own risk.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question: What card would you run the heck out of if only it were cheaper?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/UE9Vqzu
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cancel-everything-baral-chief-of-compliance/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Thread Question: What card would you run the heck out of if only it were cheaper?
Nether Void

Gaea's cradle

which C17 deck are you guys getting? ordered the wizards

What card would I run if it were cheaper? The list goes on. There also lots of cards I own only one copy of but would go in multiple decks if I had more. Also there are some cards that are within a price range I would occasionally get, but I have to choose between them and other cards in the same price range

Cards id play out of my range:
Dual lands, lion's Eye Diamond, ravages of war, candelabra of tawnos

Cards in my range but can't afford all of them:
Mox Opal, Force of Will, enemy fetchlands, metalworker

Cards i own but can't afford multiples:
Wheel of fortune, snapcaster mage, Demonic Tutor

>question

doubling fucking season

If I end up getting one it's probably going to be vampires but porobably none

Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.

Cats

This post makes me want to talk on that discord

-said no one ever

Where do I find this chinaman?

How much does the card cost? I would try to get TCGP to un-refund the card rather than mail it back, personally.

>doubling fucking season

This. Also I really need to just give in and buy all the Praetors.

I wish I'd picked up more when Ravnica came out.

search on aliexpress or look for the reddit about bootleg magic

>thread question
M O A T

I want to play it so badly. Such a classic and flavorful effect and it fits in any deck that uses mostly fliers (Like dragon tribal or Kaalia) or just wins without land creatures.

>which C17 deck are you guys getting? ordered the wizards

All of them. I'm one of those preorder morons. Got them for less than MSRP, about $29 each.

Jank Brothers, what is the status on Quicksilver rulings? Forge seems to have already kneecapped the interaction though I'm playing on snapshot releases most of the time.

>Thread Question
Gaea's Cradle and Crucible of Worlds.

I'm getting some of the new cards from the Wizard deck, but nothing much else.

just getting a few singles from the overall set t b h

Probably Tabernacle or Nethervoid. The only reason I haven't built Mishra artifacts is that Nether Void is one of the cards that really makes the deck tick.

just getting this

I'd get teferi's protection if any of my decks had white in it

>What card would you run the heck out of if only it were cheaper?
cradle
though someone mentioned theres a gold border version out there so i might just pick that up instead

oh this is a good answer

>thread question

Magus just is not the same.

Thanks. I'll check out what the prices are like and mighy use them for some specific cards like Candelabra.

If it had about $100 shaved off I'd buy one for each of my EDH decks with green.

I think it's just going to be more cost effective for me to get the wizard deck then it is to be to buy singles from it.

Other than that teferis bathroom break and the new indestructible equipment I'm grabbing as singles

I have a cradle and it's overrated. Obviously it is good and broken in some combos or with Mana Reflection but it's often win-more. Just to give some solace to those who won't ever buy one. Legacy Elves is what's made the price so high.

Hmm I disagree, I think it should be banned actually. Single card in my green decks that has the greatest effect on whether I win or not

Wizards and Dragons here.

got them from Rudy?

It's broken. You don't need to convince anyone otherwise. It's busted and it regularly creates enough mana to rival sol ring in terms of value.

I agree. I play Cradle in Titania and while it shoots me ahead, it's only really good when I'm already winning. Don't get me wrong, the card secures your win, but it doesn't help you much when you're down.
I wouldn't be opposed to it being banned honestly, but not before Mana Crypt and Sol Ring. Gaea's Cradle rarely gives you an explosive start unless you're playing elves.

I'd call it stupid the moment you hit two dudes on the board, 4+ dudes and it enters absurd value mode.

I am really happy about cats archetype but i fucking hate the cat people. wish they all were just cats. balanced together cat vs wolf kitchen table decks to play with my wife so i get to play all the otherwise unplayable felines

also order black core cards, they have much nicer printing

I definitely think Sol ring and Mana Crypt should be banned, almost goes without saying, at this point those are only legal for the sake of tradition

Gaea's cradle is debatable I just land on the side of banning it

I have a problem- every time I think of a deck idea to try out, it ends up containing red / back / both of them. Every single time. How do I stop this.

Try mono green or mono blue, it's easier to justify adding a color when you're working with multiple already, mono color means you've got a strict limitation to work within

is caged sun required for a mono colored deck?

All right, I have an issue. I've wanted to do a deck with Jhoira for a long time because I love Suspend and her card is great, but when I go about optimizing the deck, it feels like every other Jhoira deck I've seen. Yeah, I get it, special snowflake and all that, but most Jhoira decks look like some kinda of pubstomp shit that folds whenever Jhoira can't stick, even the more tuned builds I've seen on tappedout.

I want to build her as a time themed (not necessarily extra turns) that I can pull out when I don't feel like playing my pure combo decks. I'll obviously have a few fatties in there like Blightsteel and Inkweel Leviathan, but what are some fun spells and creatures I can run with that wouldn't depend on me suspending them to be good?

Not required but I wouldn't want to play mono colored without one, fairly cheap too compared to the other mana doubling cards

I think the problem with jhoira is that suspending shit is just really bad unless it has a game ending effect, so your choices are pretty limited on how to build her, anything that's not mass destruction and game ending permanents like Omni of eldrazi is just gonna be too little too late, the other issue is that extra turns are even better than normal when you have suspended shit counting down so it's hard to justify not running extra turn cards

Honestly if you want to be a special snowflake with jhoira I would just not worry at all about what you play, play literally any cool blue and red cards you like because no matter what you do the deck is going to be trash

Got em' all. Going to take apart Wizards to build Mr. Jank's cage, then lightly upgrade the rest to let friends play.

What's the cheapest way to make a useable 5 color manabase? I have a couple of cards like Mana Confluence, Exotic Orchard, Spire of Industry, etc. I will eventually get a set of Shocklands (and maybe even get accompanying fetches as well) but for now I want something usable but cheap.

That's what I was afraid of. Every time I put in cards that looked fun to play and then started to optimize, the fun stuff was the first to get cut and it was usually something big and splashy going in its place. I love the idea of the Suspend mechanic and I wish there were more good cards with Suspend and cards that mess with Time counters that I could play, but Suspend doesn't and likely won't get much more love. I think I'll go ahead and use some extra turns and then fill it in with a control/spellslinger suite that isn't dependent on Jhoira. With that in mind, any cool spells I could throw around in the deck? If I'm going jank, I might as well go full jank.

If there's one thing I'd like to see in Dominaria, it's Suspend returning, but I doubt it would because the Time Rifts have already been fixed and they don't have any reason for Suspend to show up again. The recent return of Phasing (a 9 on the Storm Scale) gave me some hope, but I just don't see anywhere where it could happen.

Honestly, some color fixing artifacts and basics would be better than what they put in the box. The deck will probably be heavy on Red, so skew your basic land count toward that. Use Signets and Talismans along with Green's basic land ramp cards. Kodama's Reach, Cultivate, Skyshroud Claim, etc. will help you shore up the lack of flexibility that comes with basics until you get your shocks and fetches.

Enemy painlands and the BFZ duals are extremely cheap. They won't give you a perfect mana base by any means, but they'll be a huge improvement over the precon.

Painlands and checklands I guess. Checklands also get better once you get shocks.

Anyone got any spicy tech for this cunt? Is she fun to play?

Painlands, checklands, signets, Rampant Growth/Farseek/Kodama's Reach/Cultivate/Explosive Vegetation.

would running final fortune on isochron with sundial be hard to set up in grixis? of course theirs black tutors but what about artifact tutors other than like fabricate.

Maybe go with an upkeep theme? Skip the mass destruction and eldrazi but go all the extra turns, and then just fill your deck with cool upkeep triggers and stuf like paradox haze

I've got Paradox Haze in there for Suspend already, so that might actually work out pretty well. It's certainly something different and it sounds fun to brew. Looks like I've to start sorting through all of the cards on gatherer that have upkeep effects. Thanks for the idea, user.

I own a wheel of fortune but i have like 5 red edh decks.
I wouldn't mind a full set of eldrazi titans for my ulamog deck but i cant be fucked shelling out for em.

Whirl of invention, tezzeret the seeker, reshape kind of, madcap experiment if you're a real madman.

None. From what I can tell they barely contain any staples of the respective tribes.

user, I...

How the fuck do you summon this?

Mostly lands. They really need to stop printing taplands. And for the lands that are too strong, a FTV:Lands 2 would come in handy.

Plat Angel, Topor Orb, and Command Beacon are three ways I can think of to cheat/put Phage in without losing.

Dauthi Embrace is a fun one.

Nether Void for sure. I cant stand Storm combos or Green ramp bullshit.

I should buy marit lage while its dropped to $25 for some reason

Also sundial.
I actually made this deck. Just shit to get her out without losing, black ramp like coffers and crypt ghast, and haste/evasion granters, plus obligatory wipes. It plays like a shitty combo deck, but it's really satisfying when you pull it off

ixalian:

5RGW
Legendary Creature - Dinosaur Avatar
Trample, vigilance, haste

When Gishark, Sun's Avatar deals combat damage to a player, reveal that many cards from the top of your library. Put any number of Dinosaur creature cards from among them onto the battlefield and the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.

this was spoiled like 4 months ago

His viability entirely depends on how many good Dinos there are, if there arent enough he drops in viability hard

Kitties. Gonna play it stock once and then immediately gut it for Mirri Hatebears

ok

this then?

I'm quite concerned about buying cards for my decks, then playing them a couple of times and disassembling them. Incidentally, most 20+$ cards I've bought this year are not in decks atm. I don't think I'd be able to sell them any time soon, but I guess I still wouldn't. So there is just a load of money sunken into cards I don't even touch. It gets worse

Apparently they're going to issue an errata for a bunch of older cards that will (re)make them Dinosaurs

This was spoiled earlier this week. Along with a mini Suntitan, a pseudo Victim of the Night and a couple tohers.

:^ )

Vampires and Wizards

How the fuck does Pox only cost 1 more {B} than Smallpox? That card is fucking brutal

Tabernacle at pendrell vale

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cancel-everything-baral-chief-of-compliance/

new to EDH, how's this look guys, already have Jace and Thing in the ice, as well as a couple other cheap cards, what else would you guys rec? Nothing that costs too much.

Talking about the gold border thing;

People get real salty about it because they lost to what is essentially an extemely expensive card, but the person didn't even pay it's price.

i don't follow this reasoning

>get beaten with a normal border card
>"huh he paid 300 dollars for that card so i guess he deserved to win with it"

>get beaten with a gold border card the exact same way
>"WHAT THE FUCK SO UNFAIR YOU DIDN'T EVEN BUY YOUR WAY INTO VICTORY"

>thread questions
OG dual lands, fetch lands, and various other mana fixing lands.

I just can't buy a ton of these lands for my slivers deck right now.

>playing edh
>get beat by a nonfoil cyclonic rift which only costs 5 fucking bucks
>get mad because it wasnt a foil cyclonic rift which costs 20, a much more realistic price for so much power
This is why my playgroup doesnt allow non foil cards anymore. It keeps people from paying overpowered nonsense and when they do they invested into that stretegy so its much fairer.

I am heavily invested in the answer to this question. It is my assumption this makes our boy Mairsil go infinite.

my group runs typically just temples, painlands and trilands. in the end, no one has a clear advantage over anyone else because no one gives a shit about manabases enough to spend real money on them

if all those cards were cheaper, then me and everyone in my group would buy then, and in the end we would all have the same speed decks anyway so it wouldn't really matter

as for op's question, i'd buy a bunch of the praetors if they were just cheaper

I refuse to lose to peasants.

then maybe you should fuck off back to legacy or vintage

That logic is about as sound as /pol/s hated for jews.

"No."

Maybe you should fuck off back to pauper. I'm not being serious man.

>you pay 300 dollars
>some scrub doesn't
>still has all the benefits
Hmmm, why would somebody even get mad... I completely forgot that people buy the cards just to own some good artwork and not to gain an edge in game

Then it's perfectly justified

what a provoking and interesting post

It's an automatic inclusion in every monocolored deck I've built. You only get a few advantages by going with one color and mana doublers like Caged Sun are one of them.

not really, it's a 6-mana removal magnet. i honestly consider it only being really good in something like daretti where it can be cheated out

Shiffrin et aliquis have been silent lately as far as I know. If it's not in the C17 rules update I will play it as going infinite.

Will this become a staple in xG_land.dec?

>no legendary wurm
>no legendary crab

What are you talking about? My playgroup carefully curates which cards from a printing are ok or are not ok based on the cardboard not whats written on the card.

Angry Omnath for sure. I don't think it's reliable enough to be a staple however.

I think it was a joke, user.

>a spell only resolves if it's in mint condition