/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/gencon50exclamation-mark-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
How accurate is this?
>5th editions cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da

First for changeling supremacy

You can tell by the OP this thread is gonna be nothing but shitflinging.

First for Changeling Supremacy

Welcome to Veeky Forums

Mages are the most powerful supernatural and there's nothing you can do about it.

>being one of the splats not even on the list
yuck

Also crossover game where all the players are different splats in a mage's harem, best idea or bestest idea?

Reminds me I need to work on my dumb dating sim scripts.

What brought on this rise of changeling Supremacy?

>What brought on this rise of changeling Supremacy?

Envy.

Traumatic Brain Injury.

No matter how fast you type, you will never be able to type as fast as someone speak, user.
That's basic knowledge you know.

I can only imagine how bad the splat dick measuring contests will be here once Contagion Chronicles is released (in 2052).

The Spring Court used their magic to seduce the local consilium. It wasn't that hard since mage women are frigid bitches

Caine is the best anyways

It'll certainly change everything. And I doubt for the better.

I had dim hopes for it when it was crossover chronicle, but now that its supposedly this weird non canon thing I doubt its going to do just about anything.

Thyrsus are total sluts, and have the Life needed to fuck whoever and be fucked by whoever. Can you really call yourself a bro if you won't change yourself into a woman to help your cabalmate get laid?

He was until the archmages realized they could turn him into a loli without any negative drawbacks

Baba Yaga

Mask: Monster
Dirge: Guru

Clan: Nosferatu
Covenant: Circle Of The Crone

Mental Attributes: Intelligence 5, Wits 7, Resolve 9
Physical Attributes: Strength 6(11), Dexterity 4, Stamina 8(13)
Social Attributes: Presence 6, Manipulation 5, Composure 6

Mental Skills: Academics (History, Folklore) 4, Crafts (Cooking, Potions) 5, Computer 0, Medicine (Traditional Methods) 4, Occult (Cruac, Sanguine Crafting) 6, Politics 0, Investigation (Riddles) 4, Science 2

Physical Skills: Athletics (Flight) 4, Brawl (Claws And Fangs) 5, Drive 0, Firearms 0, Larceny (Sleight Of Hand) 3, Stealth (Darkness) 5, Survival (Forests And Woodlands) 6, Weaponry (Dagger) 4

Social Skills: Animal Ken 4, Empathy (Wickedness) 3, Expression (Evil Laugh) 3, Intimidation (Terrible Punishments) 6, Persuasion (Bargaining) 4, Socialize 0, Streetwise 2, Subterfuge (Hide Motivations) 6

Merits: Area Of Expertise 1 (Wickedness), Common Sense 3, Eye For The Strange 2, Indomitable 2 (Advanced 3, Epic 4), Interdisciplinary Specialty 1 (Wickedness), Professional Training 5 (Witch: Medicine, Crafts, Occult), Trained Observer 3, Double Jointed 2, Greyhound 1, Iron Stamina 3, Seizing The Edge 2, Sleight Of Hand 2, Air Of Menace 2, Closed Book 5, Iron Will 2, Resources 3, Retainer (Day, Dawn And Night 5, Ghoul Animals 4), Status (Circle Of The Crone 5), Striking Looks (Frightening) 2, Table Turner 1, Killer Instinct 3 (Advanced 3), Acute Senses 1,Altar 3, Atrocious 1, Bloodhound 2, Claws Of The Unholy 1, Feeding Grounds (Iron Forest 5), Haven (Chicken Legged Hut 5), Riding The Wave 5, Swarm Form 2, Unsettling Gaze 1

Health: 18
Willpower: 10
Defense: 11
Initiative: 10
Speed: 20 (80 With Celerity)
Humanity: 3
Blood Potency: 9

Disciplines: Animalism 5, Auspex 5, Celerity 3, Nightmare 5, Obfuscate 5, Protean 5, Resilience 5, Vigor 5

Devotions: ST Fiat

Blood Sorcery: Cruac 5 (ST Fiat)

Elder Transmutations: ST Fiat

No one wants to listen to your unfiltered stream of conscience thoughts transcribed with a bad Euro accent.

Are you a professional voice actor? No? Then you're not as funny or clever or talented as you think you are. Text provides a much better sense of immersion. It's one if the major reasons why people keep saying books are better than film or TV adaptions. They're allowed to figure out a voice in their head for that character rather than listening to someone else's voice try to be an interpretation of it.

Caine is already a loli user

>help your cabalmate get laid?

What, he doesn't have Mind, Prime, Fate or Life?

>If you use magic, it's not "rape rape."

Baba Yaga should never have been a Vampire.

Fuck, Masquerade was terrible with its characters.

>Archmages=oWoD/cWoD
>Archmasters=CofD/nWoD
You faggots better not get this wrong again

Are you implying a bunch of traumatized crippled survivors of supernatural kidnapping are better than a bunch of supernatural-lottery-winning megalomaniac sociopaths?

Nonsense. Changelings are just victims.

Nobody gives a fuck

It was sort of YHWH's thing.

She works as a Vampire in Requiem because the Circle Of The Crone is a thing.

All that shit and still can't save himself from becoming a lawnchair by a bored mage adept

Makes more sense for Requiem, I will admit. Not that crones are Vampire exclusive.

>Are you a professional voice actor? No? Then you're not as funny or clever or talented as you think you are.
user, would like to show me the part of my post where I say or even implied any of that? I just said that I wanted to master less popular/know lines, and that I don't know what to do because every option is bad. Calm down.

>being so eager to be a know it all you say things that are fucking wrong

No I am not wrong fuckwad

I dare you fucking try, magefag, your mage adept against that user's Baba Yaga. Let's see who will win.

Archmages are called Archmages in Awakening 2e.

Cringed so hard my neck cricked.

It'd be actually extremely hard for an Adept to try that. She has a Stamina of 13. Assuming a lawnchair spell starts with a Potency of 4, the stupid Mage would need to apply a -18 dice penalty to overcome her epic Withstand. And if the ST wants, she can have a Devotion, Cruac Ritual or Elder Transmutation that ignores the whole "bypass Withstand with Exceptional Success" bullshit, even if a Praxis is used.

Sorry, but it's true.

How does it feel Changeling faggots, to know that Mage got to Merlin first and made him into an Archmage?

>yfw merlin will never be a wizened

No balls

Why is it always assumed that mages will turn other splats into furniture or worse.

Can't mages and other supes just be friends?

Look at this little faggot wanting character development and positive nonviolent conflict resolution!

First frenzy in my W:tA game. Our Shadow Lord Theurge was talking shit to the rest of the pack when we were planning our next move, Ahroun frenzied and one-shot him with a single claw attack for 11 levels of aggravated damage. Theurge soaked 3, tried to roll Rage to heal up but didn't get any successes. Dead.

Lost our Theurge and kinda our Ahroun as well, as he is on the run. Will be interesting to see how we can put it back together.

Sure.
Until you realise you can earn some Arcane beats by tearing them apart and finding out what makes them tick.

Are you friends with ants user?

Say what you will, fairies made more sense than fucking wizards for dark eras brittain

Nobody cares about oWod here user least of all furry the apocalypse

I can tell your group is inexperienced because you would know better to shit talk at your own pack especially the Ahroun. Or at least don't be in the same room as them when you do it.

Sounds like the dumb kind of Shadow Lord player as well. A good one knows how to hide their barbs.

Camelot is going to be a mix of Mage and Changeling, according to Dave.

I can picture it easily, really.
>Merlin - Archmage
>The Lady of the Lake - True Fae
>Morgana le Fay - Mage or Changeling

Best/worst ban/bane you've ever seen?

In my Hunter game, we ran into a fae creature of some kind who couldn't harm anyone who spoke in rhyme. One failed rhyme and the ban was off though. And if they stayed silent for much longer than 15 seconds, he could attack them. We discovered this weakness by happenstance off of a joke we made that rhymed.

Imagine if you will, a bunch of Hunters shooting a bigass half toad half goblin looking fuck out in the middle of the woods while speaking entirely in rhyme.

And then chasing the creature through the woods shooting at it when it realized that we weren't running out of rhymes.

>Your Mage tries to cast his spell to disable the Vampire, sadly, the Vampire already sensed your presence and used Celerity to disable you quickly and making you pass out.
>As you wake up, much to your horror, you discover that you don't have any limbs, and your mouth have been sewed shout, you hear the crazy laughter of the loathsome beast echoing through the room and your mind, making you insane
>After a while you start laugh and cry as well, as you watch the witch preparing a cauldron with some weird ingredients inside, the monster is starting to look at your with crescent appetite and you know that soon enough, you'll become the main ingredient of her dish, strangely the though of that feels your heart with joy.
>You are thrown inside the cauldron, while you are boiling alive you only have one thing in your mind: "If only..."

Morgan le fay would be Acanthus

One campaign we had to fight a rank 5 spirit of a gay bar and the only way to harm it is that someone had to suck it's dick for 1min and get pounded in the ass for 30 secs. Fortunately for us we payed the local prostitute 100 bucks and a bag of cocaine to dress up as a man and perform the vile deed for us.

>my fanfiction character can beat up your canon character

So you need to make up bullshit to win against Mages? HILARIOUS

>What is kinetic shield
>What is time stop
>What is create sunlight
Just stop you are embarrassing yourself cringelord

Ugh, delusional Celerityfag is back...

That's a completely legit character/npc user got in there, it's written according to the rules and its canon as any other piece of a chronicle, especially because we are talking about CofD in here, so everyone can do whatever the fuck it wants.

So deal with it.

I fail to see how that is bullshit. I was just stating facts. Elders are scary, yo.

Don't forget gravity control.

It's fun for mages of all ages.

After that talk about Werewolf gifts in the last thread, I made this reference chart. Makes figuring out who's got what sort of facets faster than thumbing through the full descriptions in the book. Can also see what Gift dice pools a character will want at a glance.

wikisend com/download/560932/wtf_gift_chart.pdf

How friggin' big is that sword?

You're right can't forget about sending vamps to the moon!

It's a fanmade character based on a Masquerade Antediluvian. He's not wrong. It's house-ruling. Nothing wrong with that, in itself.

Especially when one house-rules them.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time
He who smelt it dealt it

The points is that he tried to lawnchair and got owned, you can just make her just cast Nightmare on him, but having Celerity can just do the job and caugh him of guard.
Don't make it ridicolous user.

Good like doing that after you failed your transformation spell and after being disabled in 3 different ways
God surely magefags are annoying.

user who posted the sheet for Baba Yaga here.

I expected tips on how to make the sheet more fiathful to the folklore or more interesting in general, and I get Mage Supremacy arguments? That's not how you should use Baba Yaga. She is a trickster, not a face-to-face fighter.

I ain't even mad, just slightly disappointed.

Bless your heart user. Elodoths are still shit. Cahalith master race

Did I say Antediluvian? I meant Methuselah. Pretty damn close though, Thaumaturgy 9 and all.

They're now trying to argue that she's a legit character. Funny little vampfags. It's like trying to canonize Genius.

First Baba Yaga isn't an Antediluvian in Masquerade, but a 4ourth gen, so she's even weaker than one.
Second, with her being a character inspired by another one in masquerade doesn't make it any less "canon", as long as it follows the creation rules it's just a vampire elder with a particular name and theme, it's not less "houseruling" as one player creating a character, really.

>ST fiat

Her sheet doesn't deem her worthy of that.

???

Those two things are nothing alike.

Yo, if you can't handle critiques, why are you even here?

>Good like doing that after you failed your transformation spell and after being disabled in 3 different ways
Well if time is stopped I don't see how Celerity would do anything to you.

Why not? He didn't say "You Lose" a la Caine, he just said "pick whatever options you want".

He means both Genius and your 'ST fiat' character are practically fanfiction.

The latter being a bit ridiculous in application.

>Cahalith

>A cross between a poodle and Justin Beiber

>Real scary...

Some actual ones we used: Hark! It appears I've hit my mark!
Upon this loamy road we've stumbled upon an ugly toad!
Bye and bye, we should aim high!
I don't have a rhyme, but fortunately this freak is out of time!

It was stupid as shit, but the whole cell was laughing all the way back to the car.

>pick whatever options you want

Still a bit much. Would be more interesting to giver her a new unique Devotion. Something actually based around her legend, for instance.

Don't Prometheans get bonuses against mages? Or have mages explicitly been given tools to cuck and bitch Prometheans, too?
nWoD used to act like Prometheans were the natural counter to mages.

>Was expecting meme
>Got content
Nice

Her witchcraft is well represented by Cruac in general, I'd say. Everything else is a bonus.

>creating a powerful npc that's not a mage
>NOT CANON!!!!
>yeah because PC are canon
>yeah because CofD strenght wasn't all about the flexible thematics and character you could create instead of sticking to one metaplot

I don't even...
What are you even talking about?
Yeah because a mage can cast another spell in a split second after failing another one, while the scary elder vampire just stands there and watch instead of using Nightmare/Celerity/Blood Sorcery/anything really

magefags these days...

>Can't mages and other supes just be friends?

>crazy talk

At best, other splats are lab specimens, at worst, unpredictable nuisances that should be eradicated on sight.

>vampire homebrewer makes intentionally op char
>can't handle criticism

The only thing I can think of that would make sense is a bonus against mind control when in Torment, like the Death Rage of Werewolves.

That's not really much of an excuse.

Forget it user, it's /wodg/

>implying they are even the same person
>dumb frogposter being dumb as usual

Cahalith are literally the second best auspice for combat not to mention they have team buffing capability. Also three words END OF STORY nuff said.

You're giving a non-6+ entity Storytelling Fiat? What are you a fucking nard?

> Magefags whining about things being OP

The irony is palpable.

Are you new here? Mages have better initiative than Vampires, generally speaking.

She has Blood Potency 9, I guess she isn't weak either.

Can a Mage beat a Genius?

>Cahalith are literally the second best auspice for combat

Did all the Irraka suddenly go on an extended vacation in the deep Shadow?

>whining about actual OP chars
>whining about homebrewed OP chars

pick one

Only if they can use Augment Mind and spend all the Potency on Composure.

>Irraka are so shit they have to pretend to be cats.
Plus Cahalith has END OF STORY the single best level 5 moon gift bar non.