Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

lewd battlebots edition

>Death Guard preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/22/codex-death-guard-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos finally got ONE
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine and Codex Grey Knights FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/20/chaos-space-marines-and-grey-knights-updates-now-availablegw-homepage-post-4/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

You bastard! You stole my thread... my dream... my lewd OP images

Second for help me refine my formation

There's nothing more sexy than the omnissiah's glory

and robots

Check out those bots... that is some lewwwwwwd shit right there.

More Immortals. Most game stores aren't WIZYWIG anymore. Put your 20 man directly behind the immortals, @2" from base. Put your leaders in the 20 immortals. Stalker can technically be placed inside the formation due to it not having a base (I love that tactic) as long as its tiny little legs aren't resting on any bases.

Huddle together! Templates are gone!

The user in this image made a Chaos Lord conversion and invoked the sacred Veeky Forums naming ritual

This user then proceeded to pick some dumb boring name instead of the one the gods of Veeky Forums assigned him, blessing the chosen name with holy trips.

This user is going to face severe consequences for his sacrilege.

Don't be like this user.

So I've wondered this, sisters of battle's armour has breast cups on them, but that's hardended ceramite, and probably is such thick armour it doesn't actually curve around the chest, so that leaves a lot of questions
>is all sororitas amour the same cup size?
>are sisters given armour to match their real cup size?
>are sisters asked what size cups they what their armour to have?
>are there flat chested sisters who have armour with DD cups as a way to overcompensate?
>do they receive random sizes?
>is it like a sorority white dress type thing where all the girls are wondering what size they'll be selected for?
This is important background lore!

The problem with moving the leaders back is that I like to use them in melee. I beatstick the shit out of people with my HQ's. But I do approve of more immortals AND using warriors. I just need to get more immortals because I only have 5, and I generally dont use them over more warriors.

Sell me on either Khorne or Slaanesh. Trying to figure out who my warband should dedicate themselves too.

What a fucked up thing to do.

So what releases are you waiting for?

>Chaos finally wins one
>Xenos not acknowledged

lel

Even the guardfag accepted his name when he got "King nigger jew". This user is a disgrace to his god and to Veeky Forums.

necron codex

The sweat release of death, duh.

necron codex

Guard, my balls are pretty blue after that whole necromunda fiasco

Codex Adeptus Astartes: Primaris Marines.

Multipart intercessors

give nurgles pls

Robotman codex, very surprised we're getting it so early. Other than that, Necromunda.

Switch your cryptek with Illuminor Szeras, change your Trazyn to Anrakyr, and make sure your Overlord has a Staff of Light for adaptability. Change your Lychguard to BnP Praetorians. When I say burry your leaders in the blob, put them 1-base-length behind your front line of warriors so they can charge out from the blob. Your Lychguard/Praetorians will eat a charge or charge in for Anrakyr to charge into their butt and do some melee. His +1 attack aura does affect the Praetorians (no tag)

Mah niggas.

New berzerker sculpts and Angron.

SoB get their armour onces they turn into a militant Sister.
Assuming the church does not go full retard it should be around 25 years old so they are sure the SoB is no longer growing up.

Humans in power armour go full humanity fuck yeah resulting in over the top physical characteristics.
Hence why Coteaz has a triangle shape it is made manly as fuck. Same goes for SoB tits and hips are girly as fuck those and echanct.

There is a smaller bit of lore (the fuck if i remember, dark heresy rulebook maybe) where SoB rub sacred oils before putting on their armour.

TL:DR tits are for show regardless if they can fill them

What power mauls do I use for my human characters?

Specifically Scions.

Power Maul models seem to basically not exist, and what few do seem to be for Marines or Terminators.

If I round up a bunch of people and kill them all to summon some bloodletters, is that sorcery and will Khorne forsake me for it?

>SoB rub sacred oils before putting on their armour

L-lewd

I'm bored, so I'm reposting my short battle report from my game this week. Apologies if you've seen it already, just tune me out if that's the case.

+++BATTLE REPORT INCOMING+++

Short game this week. Two horde-ish armies bring played by newish players, so we barely got through 2 turns before the store started closing. This was probably more my fault given how many characters were packed into the list I was using. The game was 2000 points, my Armageddon 27th vs Tyranids of an unspecified hive fleet.

The paint scheme on those storm troopers is bad ass, totally steals the scene from the blah nurgle shit next to it.

Damn dude, What time-zone is two weeks behind?

I use the Skittles Arc Mauls, they're decent enough.

Power maul are easy as fuck to make.
Random bits or cogs on a stick and bam! Maul.

+++Armageddon 27th Iron Horses+++

Pictured is my list. After last week’s game, which illustrated to me how stupidly powerful IG can be this edition, I decided to retire that list and try something more like the exact opposite of the usual conscipts/scion combo with russ support.

Instead, I went with:

>6x infantry teams
>3x Salamander scout vehicles
>1x Ogryn unit of 4
>9x mortar teams, 1x lascannon team
>Yarrick, priest, Straken, Nork, commissar, 2x captains
>1 of each assassin and an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor
>A chimera for just about everything

My goal here was a melee-centric list that uses Yarrick’s reroll 1s ability, Straken’s +1 attack, the priest’s +1 attack, and the Fix Bayonets! order to get 5 attacks in melee per turn per guardsmen. Instead of sitting back and shooting, I would run right into the enemy’s face and pummel him with a hurricane of tiny fists.

+++Tyranid Hive Fleet+++

Here is the Tyranid list. I don’t know much about their codex, but I know he took:

>a big unit of Carnifex including Old One Eye
>another sizable units of Zoanthropes
>some biovores
>a big clump of genestealers and cultists
>2 swarms of shooty gaunts
>shooty warriors
>some huge warlord that conferred FNP and respawned gaunts

Those Carnifex in particular would turn out to be a huge problem.

Any stick, staff, cane, club, or non sword/axe/spear looking weapon.

Tempestor prime has a pretty neat skull staff maul.

>Sisters of oil
>lewd sisters canon

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GET REKT ANIMEFAG

I never even considered this, I had not even looked at the their models since the army launched. Thanks!

+++Mission+++

The rolled mission was relic, the rolled deployment was Dawn of War (I think – the 12” from table edge one). Tyranids finished deployment first and got +1, which gave them the first turn.

I threw quite a bit of terrain on the table for this one since Veeky Forums feedback last game was not enough terrain. My army was definitely shootier than his, so if anything I thought it would give the bugs a marginal advantage. I did not randomly scatter the terrain and kept it balanced instead.

+++Deployment+++

As before, I put the Salamanders on the flanks with the intent to get deployment zone points and maybe harass biovores. The nucleus of my army was the bunch of characters and the 60 infantry + Ogryns, which I intended to just throw right at him and see what happened. They all went packed into the center ready to swarm the relic. Mortars and lascannons went in the backfield with the vindicare, the Culexus tailed a vehicle in the center and the Callidus and Eversor went into reserve.

I forgot to roll to seize initiative. Because I am retarded.

Orks.

W-waaagh...

I kind of want to post batreps, but I don't want to take photos of my games because I feel like it'd be awkward.
Would it be weird if I posted batreps without taking pics?

SoB also do naked vigils on stone floors.
Vest made out of hair for???
Write with a barbe wire pen
(3rd edition rule book)

+++Turn 1+++

The bugs advanced in the center with almost everything, getting to within 3” of the relic. Biovores, warriors, and Zoanthropes all nuked the lascannon team right off the bat and killed all of them. A few shots were fired at the mortars, too, but only resulted in a spore mine drifting menacingly close to them.

On my turn, the Salamanders zoomed up the flanks while every single chimera emptied its passengers,then drove up behind them for support. 60 guardsmen and 4 Ogryns, stirred to righteous frenzy by the Ministorum priest, Yarrick’s speech over the internal vox, and Straken’s gung ho battlecry all moved right up to the insectoid menace. My lines ended up about 6-8 inches away, so I decided to direct all my shooting at the carnifexes, his warlord, and the zoanthropes lest he pick off lots of gaunt casualties to prevent the charge I wanted to get. The Vindicare landed 3 wounds on the warlord, the Eversor popped up behind the warriors, and the Zoanthropes were surprised to learn that one of them had been a Callidus all along.

The Eversor rolled well on his charge, but the warriors did better with 2 6s on overwatch that inflicted 9 wounds on the assassin. He went down like a bitch before doing anything at all. The Callidus had a bit more luck and inflicted 2 wounds on a Zoanthrope with her phase blade, conveniently ignoring their 3+ invul saves. The Culexus fared best of all and, charged by so many psykers around him, drilled 5 wounds onto Old One Eye with his animus speculum.

All the infantry made it into charge, eating about 10 casualties from 30+ overwatch shots per gaunt unit but shrugging off the losses and ramming in with 3 attack a piece. By the end of the bayonet charge I had killed maybe 20 gaunts, and the Ogryn had put 3 wounds on a carnifex.

I dislike BnP Praetorians. They have the extra attack it seems now, but I just prefer the AP -3 shooting. Especially with the people that I frequently play with. I do need to get Szeras and Anrakyr still. Anrakyr is such a good character. I have yet to complete my Named HQ collection. And I still prefer Orikan over Szeras anyway because of his better beatstick ability, Szeras upgrades are a little too random for my tastes without a chance to use it a few times as test. And the Cryptek's 5+ invuln against shooting has saved me more times than I want to have had to happen.

How would you guys design some new crusader units?

+++Turn 2+++

The nids reeled from the unexpected charge of human fleshbags, withdrawing with the gaunts and Zoanthropes. Purestrain genestealers outflanked with cultists in tow and charged in on a mortar team, while the warlord bug advanced to tie up the guard infantry and cover the diminished gaunt swarms (really the casualties ended up about 50/50 at this point for the gaunt/guard melee). Nid shooting was light since most units were falling back or in combat, but the zoanthropes nearly smote the Callidus to death, her life spared by 4 simultaneous 4+ invul saves. The infantry took more losses, but even with morale losses kept the bugs tied up across the entire front. Old One Eye kills 3 Ogryn in a single round of combat.

(It has since been pointed out to me you can't take invul saves against smite. This was an error on our parts)

1/2

I did that a few times, but nobody seems to pay any attention to them, and people already barely seem to care about battle reports with pictures.

You could take a shot of your army before the game starts as like a header for it or something. I was wondering this too actually. I doubt anyone I play with would give a shit about me taking pictures but at the same time it would be awkward and I don't want to slow down an already slow enough game by taking pictures every damn turn.

IG is up. Those infantry squads locked in combat pull out, and those out line up into orderly ranks. Get Back in the Fight! And First Rank Fire, Second Rank Fire! Orders cover the field and lasgun volleys chew up the already-depleted bug ranks and tack a few wounds on the monsters. The Culexus again takes 3 wounds on the enemy warlord, though his psykout grenade completely fails to wound. The Vindicare knock a few wounds off, too, and the Ordo Xenos Inquisitor dominates Old One Eye and tries to force him to use crushing claws on the carnifex next to him. All four attack miss. Finally, all the chimeras hear the mortar team getting torn apart behind them, turn around, and light up that terrain piece with heavy flamers, multilasers, and heavy stubbers, dropping all the genestealers but 1 and the broodlord.

The entire Imperial line charges back into melee. Straken compeltely fails to wound the warlord, and Yarrick fails to wound Old One Eye. Nork does headbutt the warlord for 3 wounds, though, yet it is not enough to fell the beast. As an afterthought I throw the attacks of my last 12 guardsmen at the thing and they take the last wound down, killing it with monoknife bayonets. victory is fleeting, though, as old One Eye gets his vengeance and lands 9 wounds on Yarrick, whose refractor field stops all but 2 of them. He fails one of his 3+ get back up rolls, which I spend a command point to reroll and he still fails it. Fuck.

2/2

Was the Primaris LT not released? I can't find the model.

Battlebot a cute!

Give them Eviserator options.

+++Aftermath+++

At this point the store is about to close, so we call it a draw. While it’s clear the battle will swing my way when one of my many character picks up the relic and just runs away with it, all my infantry and vehicles blocking for him, at this stage of the game both warlords are dead and both deployment zones are violated. We shake hands and promise to start the next game earlier should we ever play again (2 turns took almost 3 hours).

I was disappointed with the Callidus and Eversor assassins, and the Ogryn definitely didn’t do well against the carnifexes, especially Old One Eye. It seems like I should have used FRFSRF on the bugs during turn 1 instead of charging with all my infantry, which did almost as much damage to me as to him. Then again, it did invalidate many of his units, which all fell back or were locked the following turn. Altogether it was a fun gimmick to try, but I’m not convinced it’s better than just shooting those lasrifles instead.

Straken’s buff was good, but he himself didn’t do anything at all, even with his anti-monster ability. Yarrick likewise did nothing at all – really the only characters that pulled their weight were the vindicare, culexus, and Nork, who did more damage than all the officers combined just by slamming his face into the biggest bug on the table.

Fun game, but I’m hoping to actually get a full 6 turns in sometime in the future.

Soon

Tyranids for new Lictor models, IG because new infantry might be cool and chapter approved to see if theres anything cool.

Death Guard is going to be cool, if there arent any other Primaris stuff this year then Im definitely making a 1000pt DG terminator force and then wait for EC to get their codex to add another 1000pts.

But sometimes cool shit happens in my game that I want to share, like a daemon prince tearing a storm raven out of the air, or a terminator sorcerer going toe to toe with a captain and a lieutenant at the same time, or Lucius the Eternal and a squad of lightning claw chosen bringing down a horde of genestealers well over double their own number.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's awkward.

not standalone. currently only available in the dark imperium box.

BnP beats out the RoC in pure numbers (6.30 Wounds vs 5.56 Wounds on manlets, not including Anrakyr leadership and aura). And I am talking about raw tournament list, not kitchen table.

Szeras is a reliable lascannon, something our army is in short supply with and on a mobile platform (at 3+, can advance and shoot, can be given a +1 to-hit with Anrakyr leadership). Melee is nice, but you will have melee elsewhere (Wraiths, Praetorians, etc.) Don't lose sight that we are a shooty first army with a melee vanguard and leadership. Orikan is good only because of his powered up form is permanent. You get more from cover than a 5+ invuln, anyways.

Szeras' +1 strength is a joke, but 20 S5 warrior charging in on manlets after double tapping is disgusting. +1 toughness and +1 BS are the ones we really care about. So he is cocaine 66% of the time and icing at 33% of the time.

AdMech new models and codex

> Best looking model in the entire franchise
> No rules to use it in 40K

Why are we here? To suffer?

Do harlequins drink the Ynnari cool-aid or are they still dicking around doing their own thing?

>Best looking

Life must be suffering when you have shit taste.

>tfw you play Admech, and even you didnt expect to be the first non-marine codex to be released.

I am a happy beep boop. Although, I still can't believe we beat out the Space Woofs, the Dork Gayngels, the Asstra Miliretardumb and the Blood Angles.

Aren't the Quins like essentially NAP with everyone? Like even get a pass to visit Imperium worlds. They do their own thing always

Thousand Sons, daemons, and/or Necron codex.

>Not liking giant golden knights with flaming swords

Go back to your NPCs please

It is a good feeling, I wonder what our Strategems are gonna be, or what the differing Forge World rules are. Hopefully not just copy and pasted marine ones.

how many lascannon would you say is optimal for a multipurpose chaos army that will run into IG, orks, tau, and eldar on the regular?

That tech-priest looks likes he is getting a little too excited watching that world go up in flames

Hard to blame him though

Szeras' +1 strength would be extremely good for Praetorians in general and Lychguard with shield. It would make them wound on 2's against most IG and Eldar units.

My heavy melee focus, which I say is a melee 'focus' but I still have the extreme amount of shooty we have in general, really lends to strong beatstick HQ's like Obyron and Trazyn. Especially Trazyn bonking characters and spitting mortal wounds at people. Since his attacks do D3 damage, the Lychguard can split attacks to whittle down any sargent or other leader to 2 wounds then let Trazyn mulch it to get the mortal wounds on everything else around it.

You can only Szeras Warriors and Immortals

Trazyn is just an aufl HQ, and I love the guy. He has a worse Warscythe and it only does a mediocre thing if he kills a Character... in an edition where killing a regular HQ is something that happens round 3 or 4. And his stand up with 1d3 wounds on a full health Overlord or Lord with 5 or 4 wounds, is just terrible. Wait til they fix him or put him on the shelf.

How many Heavy Destroyers are you fielding? I hope you say 3 or you have a very specialized army, and not in the good way.

I have no fucking idea why GW hates money so much. I'd blow my hot load all over their wallets if they opened up even half of the FW Custodes units to 40k.

Different user, but I cannot imagine how trash the rest of your opinions are on anything if you don't think the Custodes Contemptors are fucking sick looking.

>new lictor models
Muh nigga, plastic lictors would be great.

I will continue to use Trazyn exclusively on the his performance in my games until he finally stops doing well for me. He was also my very first named HQ. Once I get started at my new job im going to put out some money on the rest of the named HQ's and some destroyers and more immortals and at least one more group of Lychguard.

And I dont have any destroyers, someone stole them while I was at a shop in Dallas-Ft.Worth a couple months ago. I only had the 1 heavy destroyer too.

Trying to pick an army, I like Orks, but they seem sort of limiting compared to going with chaos or the imperium, since you have the potential for more room to grow, or am I just being a faggot about it?

Goddamn. Guess I could convert.

So I'm working on a Deathwatch Fire Raptor. Is using the Raptors shoulder pad for the pilot too subtle a pun?

Just so you know sergeants aren't characters and don't count for trazyns weapon ability.

>Dallas-Ft. worth
Where brah?

What would happen if you were a relic dreadnought serving alongside some Mechanicus forces and the magi kept fondling your servos?

Should you report it to your chaplain?

Well, I feel for you son. And as long as you are having fun, more power to you. But if you go into any tourneys, don't expect to place too high.

Boxnaught is the only walking death machine I need in my life. All the others are just trying too hard in a vain attempt to compensate for knowing the fact they will never even come close to the perfection of the castaferrum pattern dreadnought.

Pick whichever army looks coolest to you.

You're gonna be spending a shitload of time assembling, modeling, and painting your models, so they have to be models that you think are fuckin' rad.

Unless you have a very specific playstyle that you really like (ranged vs assault vs defensive vs whatever) because some armies do better with certain playstyles.

I dunno, Ork Cylinder Dredds are pretty cool.

Old boxnaughts are tiny and ugly on a modern table.

It's like someone playing with RT models.

Ha, it's literally a can of whoop-ass.
Less can be said for actual killa-kans though; you need quite a few for them do get much done.

My ideal set of releases for Tyranids would just be two kits:

A Bio/Pyrovore dual kit that redesigns Biovores.

And a Lictor kit paired with a new elite infantry unit, possibly something like mini-Dimachaerons.

>shit taste; the post.

The size difference between old and new Dreadnoughts is borderline imperceptible. The only real size difference is one or two of the weapon arms.

I live in San Marcos, but I was in DFW and visited Cosmic Asylum for just a pick up game and when I went to the bathroom someone swiped my destroyers and left. They never found them or the guy so I never got them back. :(

I dont play tournaments, I tried it once and had absolutely 0 fun despite placing 3rd with my unoptimal list and pissing off like 20 other people who realized I wasnt playing optimal. Monolith make Girlyman go kill with Eternity gate. Finally lost to riptides but not before I took down 4 of his 6.

Its nice to get to talk Necrons with someone else who understands them a bit. I only know one other necron player and he just started the hobby last month so he isnt exactly a wellspring of theorycrafting.

Anywhere from 0 to as many has you can possibly take.

No seriously. If orks guy is horde and IG or eldar goes mech you're screwed if you don't go all in on either crushing horde or killing tanks.

>Robby G has three lore confirmed scars that aren't healed fully
>sucked out of an airlock at calth
>head smashed in by lorgar
>Throat slit by fulgrim
Does his 40k model reflect any of this or do modelers not care about lore and wanted him to have a perfect face?