/swg/ - Most Important Edition

Previous Thread: Post about FFG, d6, Saga/d20, X-wing, Lego, Armada and anything else Star Wars Related

Legion announcement
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/18/star-wars-legion/

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega:#F!blI01Jga!6uL6fLHF2rJFKDN57E14WQ!69Z3HZzT

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T
Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/a-new-star-wars-the-last-jedi-toy-sneakily-revealed-su-1798701899?IR=T
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v4!s!263:220,243,215:54:26:M.25,M.32;115:-1,111:-1:-1:;115:-1,111:-1:-1:;271:27,193,-1,180,215:57:6:&sn=The Hounds&obs=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw still nothing about the Raddus cruiser

It'll be added to Armada a year after Episode 9 comes out.
I was really hoping for more Veeky Forums stuff to come out today. At least Legion is coming.
That being said, though, they'd better announce some expansions coming out soon after the core game or it'll probably be DOA.

I don't even play Armada. I just want to know what it is and how it looks like.

I'm sure they will; Alex said it would have an "aggressive" release schedule

The game's not even out until next year (January? March?)

It'll be fuckteen kilometers long and horrendously out of scale for armada like every other retarded oversized blight they've revealed for TLJ

Oh shit, wait, it's here

>Sequel-era writers keep trying to push the WW2 in space angle to the fore
>USA stand-in names a cruiser hull after famous person
>Not a DD-equivalent hull instead
I know it's a really, really minor nitpick, but it still sets off my autism just a little bit.

So it's a scaled down (I think) nucannon Viscount?

yes, but the Viscount itself looks retardedly upscaled, even moreso than the pizza-class

no way that shit was more massive than the Executor

forgot pic

Damn, those hangars have to be frigate sized if the pic is accurate.

Legion just confuses the hell out of me, I mean I haven't played Imperial Assault but is it so inadequate at that kind of skirmish gameplay that they feel there's room for an entirely new line of incompatible products? Same for Destiny and their other card game, it just seems like there's so much overlap and anyone who got seriously into one doesn't seem likely to just hop into another..

I understand where your coming from, but in the end I think Legion will wind up geared towards larger engagements than IA. It's also possible that Legion may be replacing IA but it's not very likely considering your own point regarding FFGs weird overlap.

The prototype Viscount was also 3km long.

looks like a poop

Any good sites/dumps for maps? Running a saga edition campaign on roll20 and I have some stuff, but want to know if I missed anywhere obvious/good.

Legion will definitely be larger battles than Imperial Assault skirmish. The most figures possible in an Imperial Assault army is 20. The designers have said a normal Legion army will have around 10 groups, and I believe you have to take at least three "corps" units, which seem to have five figures each. Those facts combined would indicate that all or nearly all Legion armies will have more figures that the biggest Imperial Assault armies. It also will be on a substantially larger battlefield (even when accounting for the somewhat larger scale than Imperial Assault).

Also, Legion will have more of a hobbyist wargame aspect, with 3D terrain a possibility. (And I think I heard a designer said they might add figures that can be built differently later on, although the core set is all monopose, other than the weapon options on the AT-RT.)

This isn't to say it will be good. I want to see the finished product before I make that decision. But if it is good, there is room for both it and Imperial Assault. (I love the Imperial Assault campaign mode, and the quick skirmish matches make it good for tournament play without taking all day.)

The more I stare the more fucked up Han Andrew Chewie's faces look

Forgot pic

>Han Andrew Chewie
>forgot pic

Why do I even phonepost

Could be worse.

Death Star III confirmed for TLJ

How did TLJ end up on an even worse track than TFA

It's toy packaging fuck head

I thought a new death star was confirmed.

Star wars has been creatively bankrupt since the 1980s. They're obviously going to just rehash stuff until people stop caring.

>tfw people genuine enjoyed the other 2 abortions.
Or not, at this point I'm convinced people will buy anything.

>I thought a new death star was confirmed.
When you assume, you show your intelligence.

The only thing keeping my interest in this movie is that Super Squint.

And instead of somebody interesting, it'll be flown by Darth Chemical Romance.

so, i like X-wing, but i like Dogfighting and nave no love of dragging big ships down to my scale

am i wrong?

Also the barrels all seem capped/undrilled. Pft

Maybe he'll have more interesting wingmen.

I'm not really sure what you're saying, but if you're saying you like the maneuvering between smaller, nimbler ships over shit like ghosts and jumpmasters and other large ships that just tank and spank then I 100% agree with you.

I'll bet you money on it.

Dark Greetings. If you were an imp warlord after Endor with a fully equipped ISD I, which planet (remember their defenses!) would you seize?

Lianna, Fondor or Eriadu, ideally.

All those places could probably fuck an ISDI sideways with local defenses? But they'd be great power bases.

Where do I see these at?

Places with medium to large populations with decent to good economies, so...
>Reytha (likely the easiest to claim)
>Aargau
>Muunilist
>Mygeeto
If we're looking for hardline pro imperial sentiments after palps death that can be taken advantage of, probably Corulag or Carida.

Sarapin, planet was essentially a power plant for the core.

you got it right.
sorry, i am more of an intuition speaker than a real communicator.

and i'm excited for Hired Guns: i like Black Sun and i wanna see scum go to more Dogfighters.

Mandalore
for raw 'kek look what i got' factor.

From the sphero droid app. If you buy BB-8. Some of the images are now on the wook. And here's some more from gizmodo.

io9.gizmodo.com/a-new-star-wars-the-last-jedi-toy-sneakily-revealed-su-1798701899?IR=T

For Snoke and the MEGA though

Ahhctchually Mandalore's sector had like 13-25 Star Destroyers in the hands of... I think a grand admiral? Shortly after the Mandalorians drove the Nagai out I guess they moved in. (Not sure HOW the Nagai got a force allll the way over there. Mesed up a jump when coming from Firefist and entered the galaxy at the wrong spot?)

Source:Jedi Prince. (No really, they briefly do allude to other warlords in that book and mention one it's later confirmed to be the same area of space as Mandalore)

I think that Grand Admiral, Takel?, lost his fleet to Grunger and pissed off to Esseles quick smart though?

Gas the Warlords

Imperial Remnant Now

Grunger stuck around Mandalore for a while though didn't he? ...Well, at least a year before fucking it all up in Corellia

Imperial Remnant is gay, some yokel Moffs. Empire of the Hand where it's at.

You right, looks like Grunger stayed long enough to kick out Takel's people, beat Takel when he tried to get Gargon back. And is said to have controlled the Sector. But he was also running a "Join Me" tour of the Outer Rim pulling ships together for his stab at Corellia. The gonads on that guy.

Is it possible to use cybernetics and power armor to reach Brawn 8?

I kinda want to see a 4-LOM with a head cannon.

this is just ridiculous

It doesn't look too bad. But I wish ST capital ships used more paint.

>large ships that just tank and spank

This is 100% the reason why I quit playing Xwing. The designers refuse to get rid of this meta and add more red dice and turrets to completely destroy the entire purpose of the game, mother fucking dogfights.

Movement is the most unique and interesting thing in the whole system and people need to be rewarded more for flying well.

I'd go so far as to say that all small bases ships with less than 4 hull replace their evade action with reinforce and we start seeing the game going back to it's actual purpose.

I like it. Reminds me of Fractalsponge's sillier cannon wankers.

I think SW officially jumped the ship with TFA.

Well wave 12 looks like maybe they're thinking maneuvering should be important again with the Alpha heavily encouraging SLAMs and the Kimogila having the first narrower arc as opposed to the ever increasing instances of widening them, but then the sheathipede might result in an even more egregious version of the chunky monkey Ghost so it'll probably be a net change of zero. At least I can say I'm thankful none of them have turrets that we know of.

I'm starting to like the EU more, it had a lot less ridiculous stuff.

>all small bases ships with less than 4 hull replace their evade action with reinforce

This could actually work. It fucking destroys shit that messes with defense tokens but that kinda needs to happen anyway.

Shame they decided to go with his walkers instead of ships.

I honestly can't think of anything more damning to say about the new canon.

Legion is actually very good, they did a good job with the rulers. I would still prefer my inchmeter but you can allways convert the values so it is fine. It looks more complex than Warhammer 40K 8th, alltho the game was made to be quick and easy to learn. Well would you look at that, nice job GW.

This is so edgy it hurts. Synthetic crystals were better.

>Legion is actually very good, they did a good job with the rulers. I would still prefer my inchmeter but you can allways convert the values so it is fine.

Why?

The movement tool is less universal but it's way faster to use than a tape measure and more precise for those "every millimeter counts" moments and vehicles with arcs

>It looks more complex than Warhammer 40K 8th,

How the fuck did you arrive at this conclusion

I feel like there's a kernel of a good idea buried somewhere in "Vader is in a constant state of so much pain that it overwhelms other lifeforms forced to share it", but it leaves the big gaping hole of "what about Sheev and everybody else"

The moment I saw that I just started laughing. Really, after the last Vader series did so well bridging the gap between Anakin the Edgelord and Vader they pulled this crawling-in-my-skin tier bullshit?

I'm not sure, but I think there might be some legal reason why they can't make Han and Leia look TOO much like their actors likenesses?

There's actual photos of the actors in the book, though?

Synthetic crystals and crystals in general really didn't have a lot going for them. They were just kind of there.

And even in Legends, for a Sith to make a synthetic red crystal, they had to do basically exactly what Sheev is telling Vader he must do there, to focus his anger and pain on the creation of the crystal.

According to the Lords of the Sith novel, once Vader's suit is all on and the helmet plugged in, it links in to his nervous system and blocks any existing pain.

This isn't anywhere near the edginess you think it is. And it's nothing new, either. This idea that they've got to corrupt and bend a lightsaber crystal to their will has been a thing for over a year at this point. It was introduced in the Ahsoka novel.

>Nothing new
>A year old
It's as precisely as edgy as I think it is.

i love pretty chewie

mah chiss brother from another mother. you have the best taste. clones and insecticides are best.

>According to the Lords of the Sith novel, once Vader's suit is all on and the helmet plugged in, it links in to his nervous system and blocks any existing pain.

Yeah but that's lame

I prefer anime Vader whose in so much physical pain anyone else would collapse, but he's still walking around and hitting people with his laser stick and being a badass who doesn't give a fuck

Come on, most of it's written by grubby old baby boomers- war is bad, crystals talk to you, smoke enough weed to blow out Raith Sienar etc

Heck, Yoda's the most stoned motherfucker in the whole franchise and Palps is just someone on too much meth

So my LGS is running a casual escalation tournament tomorrow and I've decided to use Imperials, who I've almost never flown before (but they look fun).

For the first 60 point round I'm looking at Omega Leader because it's fucking awesome, and then either Vessery or Countess Ryad. Which list looks better /swg/:
OPTION 1
Vessery (35)
VI (1)
Tractor Beam (1)
TIE/D (0)

Omega Leader (21)
Juke (2)

OPTION 2
Countess Ryad (34)
VI (1)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Omega Leader (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Basically my decision is between having a fully kitted out Omega Leader round one, or with Vessery who I would consider a better partner for OL, as well as with Bombers etc., who I intend to add later.

this

The irony is that the more Disney produces it's own Canon the more people start liking Legends.
>It had a lot less ridiculous stuff
As a heads up avoid Legacy of the Force...

Star Wars universe needs Battletech-style mech combat.

You need to stop.

mechs are stupid

The thing is, in "Legends", the shittiest portions were simply ignored. Now, though, they've taken a very strict stance on canon, and it's shitting all over the parts that were actually good about the expanded universe, while also making just as shitty stuff as the shitty stuff in the previous expanded universe.

Some kind of AT-ST game could be interesting, but X-Wing vs TIE Fighter and Rogue Squadron deserve revivals more. Hell, even Starfighter/Jedi Starfighter

Battletech's cool and all, but Star Wars isn't really big on walkers as focal points.

The Forums were talking about The Captain in Guns For Hire, and it got me thinking about merging him with the S&V Podcast's joke list consisting of Nym and 4 Deadman Binayre Pirates.
Then I thought "This is hilarious, but I still need a closer of some kind for 39 points." and this is what I came up with.

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v4!s!263:220,243,215:54:26:M.25,M.32;115:-1,111:-1:-1:;115:-1,111:-1:-1:;271:27,193,-1,180,215:57:6:&sn=The Hounds&obs=

Captain Jostero — Kihraxz Fighter 24
Expertise 4
Harpoon Missiles 4
Scavenger Crane 2
Vectored Thrusters 2
Guidance Chips 0
Pulsed Ray Shield 2
Vaksai 0
Ship Total: 33

Binayre Pirate — Z-95 Headhunter 12
Dead Man's Switch 2
Ship Total: 14

Binayre Pirate — Z-95 Headhunter 12
Dead Man's Switch 2
Ship Total: 14

Torani Kulda — M12-L Kimogila Fighter 27
Veteran Instincts 1
Seismic Torpedo 2
R5-P8 3
Scavenger Crane 2
Hull Upgrade 3
Enforcer 1
Ship Total: 39

So, Jostero and Kulda are like the buddy cops in the sequel to a buddy cop movie. Jost can work of several of Kulda's upgrades, and Jost's suicide dogs can block off movement and generally get in the way of the enemy to force them into Kulda's bullseye arcs (theoretically anyway. We need to see the dial for sure.)

I could just swap him out for jost and 4 headhunters but this seems more fun.
What does everyone else think?

A friendly reminder that the CGI film is now formally Canon...it's like they don't even care about quality control

Toss Hullupgrade, Seismic and r5p8.

Add Chips, Harpoon, and r4 agromech.

Maybe swap Scav Crane on kimogila to dampeners since he has reload.

>it's like they don't even care about quality control
Nothing's changed, then.

P8 is for Jostero to use off, same with Seismics. Plus I could just lose the Hull, ditch the Scavenger crane and put Harpoons on as well as Seismics. It's not like you can't use both in a single turn (TL's depending) is it?

Good call on reminding me about Reload though.

>avoid legacy of the force
other than jacen's evil swing making less sense than anakin's shitty reasons, i like most of that time period. the whole postwar "we have to be united against vong-2-electric-boogaloo/next big threat" attitude vs the corellian's "2nd ammendment muh guns muh starships muh militia of the people for the people" attitude, is a neat concept. in a galaxy that was almost destroyed by a species who gave less of a shit about life than sheev, it is a neat discussion on how you move forward from there.

i like the political games as much as the war games on both sides. and asside from the named characters, i like the numerous perspectives of good guys on the badguy side, which we never get from the imperials, except from jag fel.

My biggest problem tho is how ooc Han and Leia are until the end. I liked how some of what happened had genuine gravity to it but I still can't get past
>Hurr Durr let's join our perpetually douchey and Peace Brigade prick family member and his Corellia.
At least Luke notices how odd it is but still.

i can agree, but i saw that as more the wrong person on the right side. both sides had merit, both sides had douchey leaders.

what gets me is leia essentially being a freelance jedi. she doesnt follow the order or commit, and throws around weight she doesnt have. she honestly makes me mad with how much she sways events.

Does anyone have anything that has interesting tidbits you can do with skills in the FFG system? From both a GM and player standpoint.

A fully tricked out omega leader is really hard to beat at 60 points, so I'd start there. 34 can still get Vessery w/ x7 and crack shot or VI. Quickdraw is also an option. With FCS and Frame she runs 33 and you can add stuff on later.

Imagine if the Mega Star Destroyer was a Star Forge rip-off discovered deep in the Unknown Regions, rather than just another even biggererest ship the first order built for no apparent purpose

Dear Star Wars players,

There is no point in Star Wars miniatures gaming, especially wargaming. Here are some reasons:

-Ultra limited faction choices.
-Mandatory canon colour schemes, no your dudes.
-Heavy focus on canon 'hero' characters and scenarios, no your dudes.
-Limited opportunities for fiction, all must be vetted by Disney brass.
-Lore will always drag behind the films, tabletop games will not be able to advance the story independently in any meaningful way.
-Stormtroopers: white spray; gloss varnish. Done. Real great display of skill there.
-All vehicles: grey spray. Basic wash. Done. What a hobby!
-No established player base to support the game and continue its momentum.

In three decades, no game has challenged 40K's position at the top, and you aren't going to now.

Is this copypasta?

surely nobody could be this wrong, edgy, and smug, all at the same time, on purpose

>Star Forge rip-off
As interesting as that sounds, it would probably need to be heavily modified to pose a threat to even the NR navy.
>Produce only paper-thin starfighters that go down to a couple of laser bolts
>Be rendered completely useless because someone parked a Raider, Lancer, or Tartan in front of your swarm of ancient, outdated starfighters

My thinking for Vessery was that he could use the Tractor Beam/VI to shoot first and then everything shooting the same target would get -1 agility. But you think x7 is the way to go?

Nobody actually thinks Legion will unseat 40K, retard. That doesn't mean it's pointless to Star Wars fans. And there are several orders of magnitude more Star Wars fans than there are 40K fans.

Now go back to your Age of Ultramar containment thread to talk about your exciting new Chad Marines.

Yeah, imagine that as an explanation for where the First Order manages to get all their hardware from. A giant, ancient, evil thing they found in the Unknown Regions, that spits out Star Destroyers and TIE fighters.

>Nobody actually thinks Legion will unseat 40K

Then just play 40K.
And stop fucking complaining.

>A giant, ancient, evil thing they found in the Unknown Regions, that spits out Star Destroyers and TIE fighters.
Raith Sienar's Outer Rim doomsday bunker?

You mean the TIE-Recomboulator?

>Then just play 40K.
I'm sorry, but this isn't some kind of contest. You don't "win" by playing the game with the most players.
>And stop fucking complaining.
You're the one who shitposted our thread, 40kid.