Field Kit Inspection: Background Extras Edition

Form up, you bunch of dogs! We've got work to do!

Listen up, lads! Because I've got some bad news for you all.

It seems that, due in part to a clerical error, as well as someone screwing around with the Regiment's paychecks. I'm looking at you, Perkins! As such, no one is getting paid for this month, and most of you are broke.

But, there is a light in this dark abyss of missing paychecks. From what I've heard, a propaganda film crew cane along for the ride, and are looking for extras for their work.

As such, I've had you all signed up, to play extras in this glorious film!

DISMISSED!

>Welcome to ''Field Kit Inspection", home of the 'Unknown Regiment". Feel free to join in! Remember though, we tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, while greentexts are typically used for describing a character's actions. D20s are for combat checks, while d100s are for other things you wish to roll, with higher being better.

whats the work?

INDEED MAJOR, ON A SIDE NOTE WHERE ON TERRA IS THE COMMISSAR?

>Steve jogs over, carrying flowers and other trinkets in his arms
I AM HERE

Film? I hope I'm not starring in the leading role, I call dibs on the waiter one

Extras, more than likely, Gelt.

She's...

>Cutaway to the Commissar siting on her bed in her room. The floor around her is surrounded with several dozen empty wine bottles.

...busy....

>Silently, stands about. Looking rather grim.

AH STEVE, GOOD!
>presents a boot
I GIVE YOU THIS AND YOU DONT BREAK MY LEGS, AGREED?

Oh great, I bet it's Viktors fault, like ordering a bunch of whiskey instead of actual food last month

And don't forget to ask about the courtroom

Right... major we need to talk. In private.
It's unrelated to the commissar.

>Matthias would nod his head at the bullgryn. Confused by the massive amount of crap he was carrying, but not willing to speak up about it.

Very good, Steve....

I'm not sure exactly what type of propaganda film it is. I only know that the director is looking for background extras. Probably to play dead bodies.

>Steve throws Michael out of his way to get to belasya, he runs up to her and presents the "gifts", flowers, gold, shiny bits
Hello belasya, these are for you my friend

should I get my "by the god emperor this man is stylish and rich" robes or my "by the god emperor this man is covered in sacred oils and clearly is a hard work" robes

Truly? Well I can't say that guard isn't qualified for such job

Uhhh, thank you Steve, umm here, I got another pair of boots instead of a helmet, you can have them

Hey there big guy, you having a good day?

>glares angrily as the priest
No...
That was resolved.
Don't ask don't tell

Oi! Wotz diz t'ing called "pro'pah'gan'da"? Iz we bein' kunnin'ly sneak'eh? Whoz we gun'nah Krump?

It is probably going to be one of those movies about the evils of cowardice and how glorious are heroic deaths. I wouldn't bother...
Do you happen to have a spare lascutter, by the way? Mine got, uhm... broken.

Do you like them, tech priest said to give girls flowers, so I got flowers
Im not sure!

>Looking about, wonders where the Film Crew is.

Nice of you to finally show up for once, Sergeant.

As for what kind of movie it is. As I've stated, I only heard it was some kind of propaganda film, that they're filming out in the grass field a few miles east of our base.

Malone! It's good to see that someone is keeping their plasma gun in tip, top shape! Good work!

I'm serious Matthias. We need to talk in private.

Sure here
I think I'll get the styling robes might take me a bit

It appears someone is filming a movie around here, my friend...

Filmin'? Oh! You mean dat stuff, wot I did when oi wanted ta earn da teef for a fancy new shoota when oi was a nob?

Captain, can I avoid being scripted in? First thing first, if they asked for someone who broke a long time ago i would be sent away for being too much of a stereotype. And also, I am busy with a... side project.
Thanks magos. I am almost done, just need to finish the face and then I will return it.

One of these days your gonna tell me about how you met him and I'm talk about the year I spent as a slave in the dark city

Well they are quite n-nice(?)

>Matthias would turn to the priest and frown.

Very well. If you're acting like this, then it must be a rather serious matter.

I'd ask what your gonna Do with them but I don't really care

You sound confused, why is pretty belasya confused

>Resting his Chainsword on his shoulder, asks the Major when the film Crew is to arrive.

Kind of... I don't think it was the same kind of movies however...

It's a funny story actually. Once we get a minute we should chat.

>Michael would lead the man to his quarters before locking the door behind them.
Matthias, tell me.
Have you ever heard of the 9th grand prophecy?

I'm not confused, just...suprised, yeah

I have to change robes but yes
( be back in a hour)

Oh you will see. Everyone will.

...i am trying to wink but i don't think my augmentic eye can do it. Do you think it is broken?

That would be "Major", Sergeant Rook. Please correct yourself next time.

As for being scripted: it's entirely up to you. We're simply on guard duty for the next few days, here on planet.

Why are you suprised, priest men said if you like a girl you give her gifts, that is true right?

The old girl's high maintenance, but it's worth it, sir.

Yes major. I will be off finishing the Commissar's memorial then.

Real'eh? Huh.... You surez it ain't gunn'ah be? Oi was pretty gud act'tah back den! Was in ATLEAST-
>The or- greenskinned Servitor, would attempt to count on his fingers, how many films he had been in.

Uhhhh.... Four, carr'eh da seven.... Toimes dat by da waaagh.... Decided by explosions..... Uhhh..

Wot comes aftah six?

Seven my weirdly sentient, servitor friend

>Crossing his arms across his chest. He would shake his head.

I can't say that I have, Micheal. Then again, I'm not exactly privy to the vast libraries of the Adpetus Ministorum.

Why? What does it pertain to?

...I think yes, for humans at least...wait if you like a girl?

Seven indeed.

Yes, that's right

OI! IZ YOU'Z CALLIN' ME A GIT? ILL KRUMP YA 'EAD IN, YA FLAMING BASTARD, AN' UZE YA SKULL FER A HAT!

Is he supposed to do that?

Sometimes... It's on his nature.

>It would be at this moment, that a group of interns and Servitors, would begin to set up a hand full of tables at the center of the outpost's airfield.
>Each table would then have a sign entitled "Extras sign-up" taped to it's front.

Oh okaaay...oh,ooooh noooo

No, I wouldn't expect you to...
>long, exasperated sigh
There is a theory, that the very emperors soul was... fractured...
And soon after, it drifted... quite far apart from it's source.

Therein the prophecy begins.
It was foretold that these fragments may be able to inhabit new bodies, symptoms of this may include mass depression, the avoidance of said depression by turning to addictive substances, a grim look upon our grand imperium, and constant hallucinations followed by strange lucid occurences of primarchs.
It was said that an anomaly of this sort could cause a... lapse in the judgement of many people, them seeing many strange things as completely ordinary.

I am asking you to keep a lookout for anyone that might be showing these symptoms.
The prophecy looks upon the occurences of these symptoms as the first stage towards the entire galaxy being in dreaded peril.

Whats wrong belasya, did you not like the gifts, I can get you better ones, what do you want

Huh, I hope he doesn't get too aggressive
Oh there it is
>An old sniper comes to the table
Umm hello, I'm Barrington Von Gladstone and I would like to sign up as an extra

DON'T YOU'Z BE QUESTIONIN' ME, YA LOUSY GIT! I'LL BASH YER' FACE IN, AN' CALL YA PASTE!

Boss! Dey'z bein' a bunch of gitz! Lemme smash 'em good! Showz you oiz a good ork- out mean! Sir'v'tour! Showz you oiz a good Sir'v'tour!

No,nono I like them, they are nice, I'm just wondering why you brought them to me

This is priest Michael of the adeptus ministorum.
I am signing up for the extras.
And while I'm here, sign up one "Belasya" for the closest thing to a dancing position you can find

>The major would remain silent, for the longest time, before finally letting it a sigh, and speaking up.

So what you're asking me to do, is to keep an eye on every bloody member of the regiment...

Because you a great and nice and I like you a lot
Oh, what's my job

>Shrugging, Wolfe walks up and waits to sign.

Relax. You're a good servitor. Albeit you would need to loose some steem...

Hmm...

Perhaps the movie they're doing can help. Try to make yourself useful on the base, we're trying to build a trustworthy reputation here. Perhaps you could help the troopers enlisting for the movie with your acting skills

>One if the interns would hand Michela over a stack of about 900 papers.
>At the bottom of each page, there would be a section he would need to sign his name on.

Oh, that's nice...
You what?
>She runs up and pushes Michael out of the way
Don't listen to this old idiot, sign me up for aaaaa a body, a dead body, yes

Just keep a look out for anyone with an inexplicable resistance to pain or death, an odd fear of medical personnel, and someone who can't stand three seconds without consuming an addictive substance.

VIKTOR, WHERE ARE YOU?
VIKKKKTTOOOOOORRRR!

Yay! They said give her gifts, then win her over, so...
> he takes a long thought
I think im supposed to take you on a date

>Receiving his papers for the role as an extra, sits down and begins meretriciously filling each of them out.

...*internal screaming*
Oh boy...look Steve I like, but as a friend, so I have to refuse your invintation to a date

Oi! Datz be a great oidea! Iz no wonda'h you'z da boss! Oi'maah go an' sign up fer' it!

>With that, the Brutish Ork/Servitor, would waddle his way towards one of the tables. Bashing through everyone in the neatly ordered line. Sending the m flying away, or squashing them beneath his armoured feet.

>When he reached the front of the line. Having successfully thrown the last person in line, a good two dozen feet away. He would slam his powahklaw into the table. Scarring the young intern running the table.

OI! OI'M SIGNIN' UP FER DIS HER' PRO'PAH'GAN'DA FILM! AND YOUZ IZ GUNNA LET ME! UNDAHDTAND!

>The intern looks, as well as smells, as if he just shit himself, as he shakily hands the massive brute before him, a stack of papers.

>B'Ork, unable to read even the letter "A", in high gothic, simply signs the sheets, by attaching an active frag grenade to the stack of papers, and handing it back.

All dun! 'ere you go!
>Waddles away.
>The poor intern would look on with horror at the grenade, for the two seconds he had left. Before being blown to hell, and pelted by burning hot shrapnel.

>He waddles back over to Depherion. A joyous orkish smile in his face.

Out t'ink out got da part!

>Golf Applause.

Now try doing it without killing the staff.

>Matthias would let out a sigh, while rubbing the bridge of his nose.

That's still a tenth if this entire regiment. You realise that, right?

Rolled 35 (1d100)

*rolling to woo her*
Are you sure about that belasya?

>The Ork looks confused by his best friend's words.

Wotz you mean, boss? Oi didn't kill anyone. At least... Oi didn't kill anyone im'poor'tant.

Rolled 6 (1d20)

Wrong dice

Umm yes, sorry. But we can still be friends right?

I do Matthias, I do...
But it is of utmost importance that word of this prophecy does not spread, and that if this person truly exists, they are found quickly.

This is a grim matter of life and death.

And by the way, the trial got resolved surprisingly enough, I was let off with no warning. Aparrently it was something about an "outstanding donation"

> Steve is visible enraged as he marches back to camp, sounds of him destorying things and screaming at himself can be heard

It doesn't matter if important or not, they won't get you into the movie if they are dead.

*Sigh*Let's hope my meatshield gets over it it...

> an entire wall is seen flying out of camp as Steve yells at himself for failing

Oh, oi t'ink dey will, if dey know wotz gud fer' 'em! Hehehehe..

Besides! Diz is 'ow I got all me uthah roles in da past!

>Captain Smith would be sitting down eating a sandwich and drinking tea, while reading the weeky Praetorian Times

>Matthias would let out a sigh, before unlocking the door and beginning to take his leave.

Understood...

>Michael will have finished off the last few pages of his paperwork before finally handing it in with a thinly veiled threat on the back to not bother him with any more

>A door flush past him and fire rises from the camp

Good luck then.

(I'm going to have to call it quits for the day guys I have to go to party in 30 min and I have to drive there. I'll see you tomorrow at the court.)

>Finishing his daunting amount of paperwork, hands it back to the film Crew, before wandering off.

WHAT ON TERRA IS GOING ON HERE?

Rolled 7 (1d100)

>Matthias would be quick to react at this point. Voxing for MP's to assist with dealing with fire.
Dammit! What in the the Emperor's name is going on!?
>Rolling to see if the fire can't be put out.

>Barrington finishes his papers and hands them over to the interns

Rolled 37 (1d100)

>I'd get up quickly, and attempt to put the fire out

>Steve roars louder as he begins to destory the tech priest's quarters

Rolled 5 (1d100)

>Sighing, attempts to help put out the flames.

I will let you get on with that BUT AS SOON AS YOU ARE DONE I WANT A WORD WITH YOU!

Rolled 28 (1d100)

>Smith would look to everyone
GET DOOOOWN!
>The ammo dump would explode, primarily near smith
>Rolling for damage on myself

Rolled 32 (1d100)

>Unfortunately, the fire has already spread out to far. Having consumed mess tent's grease tanks that we're being emptied.
>This has the unfortunate side effect of spreading the fire towards the base's ammunition dump.

TAKE COVER!!!
>Matthias would be quick to hit the deck, as the fireworks begin
>Rolling for how bad it is

> the priests quarters are in ruins as he marches to his ditch, he slumps down and tries to hide, even though he just destoryed the camp