Infinity General - Table appreciation edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where I ask that you post cool tables.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Catalog of fluff, dossiers, and unit models
human-sphere.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Rules wiki (now updated with HSN3 content):
infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup:
mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO-Uv_G4cY91ZfMy3rWOKDQL1cl7YyYzf
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf5JWn6xciCkYcBaTLGs6_FmFiZtCk2zm
youtube.com/playlist?list=gL0RY70TH3C0mb1n3DaRmyToH44sUck

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ
pastebin.com/PJaETXMV

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8

>The RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>RPG Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

>RPG previews (+ a couple scans)
mega.nz/#F!8pRURayK!Kj16fd7nQhEcaId8hKD4oA

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

beastsofwar.com/sci-fi-wargaming/step-step-painting-guide-angel-giraldez/
instagram.com/p/BYjDTj2FgeW/?taken-by=tabletop_shogun
theminiaturespage.com/ref/scales.html
ebay.com/itm/NEWRAY-1-43-KENWORTH-W900-KISS-ROCK-BAND-TRUCK-TRAILER-SS-15473-/192291429327
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Could've posted more distinct pic for OP.

Here's probably the most interesting one from Route 66 tournament. Not sure how would one play on it.

I'm only an Objective Room away from having a full table and I've already ordered one from ReyCast. Now I only need a mat and a surface. I was thinking how one would make the board that isn't a big 4'x4' piece of wood. Hinges in the middle?

2 2x4's or 4 2x2's

>there will never be crossfaction rules
>you will never begin a long, complicated, dangerous and possibly haraam bet among you, the Aridanan Marines who've read too much Yu Jing comics, the Imperial Agent and the pink-haired Zianshi with him, the NT Bolt, and the weird creepy Aleph bit on who is going to suddenly and forcibly pet[/spoilee] the Winter Vixen's ears
>you will never be disappointed when the fucking Aleph killbot somehow outsmarts you all and charms the pants off the Vixen
>you will never drink your sorrows away because you thought you had a good connection with the WV alongside the Zianshi who really crushed on her and wind up teaching her the finer points between Malaysian Chinese and Mainland Chinese dialects

Is Taiwan ever discussed in fluff? Kinda surprised there isn't a JSA-style Taiwan/Macau resistance, because I imaging the PRC descendants would not be happy about reintegrating traitors to the cause. Hell, Chinese diaspora in places like Malaysia who've been there for centuries despise Mainlanders.

Tfw no Vietnamese guerilla units.

Beasts of War has a Blackjack video up. I think it looks way better painted, can't wait to use it.

Am I the only one who legit thought the WV painted on the sight was topless?

Fucking Spaniards

I think it's because a core element of Yu Jing is that most of the nations are united. While at home (or maybe in uniform) you'll have some cultural expression, in the military things are more homogenous. So having more units that are resistance fighters or specifically representing cultural groups goes against that image.

But (and I know this is because they're sectorial) fluff indicates Japanese and anyone not Chinese is frowned upon, but the Nips still get unique models and their own Sectorial, with way more of an obvious Samurai and 90s influence than regular Yu Jing. I mean, it IS justified with a shadow war and rift between the Chinese and Japanese, along with a distinct lack of Koreans or other East/SE Asians (where fluff implies they're also dragged about by the Chinese)

I haven't seen the Tibetan sectorial units, so I don't know how different those look.

>anyone not Chinese is frowned upon

Source?

how do you choose which faction to collect when they all have cool models?

The truest question. I wound up being Haqqislam because of Operation Red Veil so maybe goin halfsies with a buddy is the best bet?

Don't play Haqq or Yu jing only faggots play them.

I figured out I liked YuJing, Aleph, Nomads and Haqqislam. Then I learned the game a bit with the help of locals. Then saw that the Nomad Intruder Sniper Profile gets MSV2 and X-Visor and was sold on the faction. Shit's good.

So, in essence, learn the game, fall in love with a model and go by that. I will probably go into Military Orders as second because 5 dudes running amok on the table bearing swords seems so badass to me.

Simple: I check which one has catgirls.

Say that to my face, Pan O.

I don't know if I will ever have the opportunity to play. Nobody nearby plays, local stores don't really do wargaming at all. I'd just be in it for the models and lore.

Which one has the most/best pinups? Use that one.

>implying the best faction has anything to fear

>best faction
>can't even be stylish

Post based TAGS

Look up guides and pick the one you think would complement your play style best.

I like the Gecko and Maggie the best, not a big fan of most of the other mech designs. Needs more Shirow.

I just realized that this mech design allows for some sick JoJo stand poses.

I'd argue that quite a few Infinity models need more personality, I find the majority of them bland, unfortunately.

>That building

Be still my boner...

I just don't care for a lot of the mech designs but overall I really like the models. Maybe just because it panders to my love for 80's anime designs.

Simple, efficient design is a sign of a developed culture. It's only the spacepoor who add all the excess parts.

Does any one know if the oznats have different heads? I asked CAB for a replacement one for the one from my morat starter because it did not fit. They sent me a replacement but it also did not fit. But after buying the solo oznat I found out it was the same head. Did they just give me the wrong one 2 times?

Nah, most have plenty of personality. Even those w/o much dynamics match the tone perfectly fine.

I do hope they find more outlets for their artists to get some really crazy shit going. Looking at some models makes me think that they want to do stuff with more expression than the game's overall tone.

Sounds about right. Why not ask the customer service for some replacement bodies, and hope they fit the heads you've already got?

Take pictures and send it to them.

0/5
See me after class.

I'm really starting to fall in love with the new gen nomad models over my old PanO...

>Style = having everyone dress exactly the same

I understand that Pan O has corporations that want to save money on different armor patterns but you'd think they would do better for the soldiers of god.

They look good, unlike the majority of models (at least to me! Yeah I'm THAT guy!).

The majority of them no matter which faction, just do not appeal to me. I would have thought they would have done, given it's Anime inspired style for the setting, but nope=/

Well, you posted some scum criminal on Starcraft armor, so...

Goddamn those are sexy

Yeah, personal taste is a real thing.

Like, I cannot understand how people stand the majority of Warmachine models.

I would think you were referring to Pan O's Order Sergeant "soldiers" but they don't have the same style as the Ahl Fassed regiment.

Is there a name for the painting style that the Infinity studio uses? It looks very... I dunno, unique.

Hey bro, Tampa Bay here, I evacuated with my red veil and uariadna box. But apparently I took the booklets out of the boxes. Any one have a scan so I can play?

He's not based, he's a cunt.

What are some minis you do like?

t. butthurt EI Avatar

t. person who didn't read any of the fluff

Pick up a two player starter and try to get a friend interested

You could try the rpg, get people interested in the setting that way.

All the rules are free to download on the website. There is also a rules wiki

I always love dem manga Guges, and the Geckos are the only one who remotely close in term of size and shapes, since Guijia-D is ded.

Modern TAGs are too Ex Machina for me.

pfft, who needs TAGS

T-100 is coming eventually.

As far as I know, Angel Giraldez paints most of their stuff and has a painting guide book you can buy. Don't know if he's part of or has his own named style, but maybe its the smooth airbrush look your picking up?

beastsofwar.com/sci-fi-wargaming/step-step-painting-guide-angel-giraldez/

How good are the starter sets? I might be interested in picking this up.
Also, if I liked Trollbloods in Warmahordes, would there be any faction with a similar playstyle? (Durable, strong, bit on the slow side)

>Become walking shit after 1st hit

Yeah, who need a 3 STR soldiers with 20mm full auto...

Most durable faction is Tohaa, I'll say that. Close runners-up would be Military Orders and the soon-to-be-released Invincible Army (subsets of PanOceania and Yu Jing, respectively).

Thematically, Ariadna would probably be the closest to Trollkin. I suppose you could always play a Wulver-heavy Caledonian army if you wanted to do the "badasses with kilts thing" that Trolls did.

Who else wants to see less-lethal warfare in the Infinity ruleset and universe? I'd love to see a mission about YJ thought police ve. Jap insurgents that played a little like the Swat 4 vidya.

Firstly, nice quints. Secondly, good luck with the weather. I've sat through cat 5s before and it's fucking brutal. You'll be fine, but make sure you keep your pets close.

Where's that crossdressing Estonian to complain about the werewolf units and how he refuses to use them and then complains about how he can't win games?

Morat

They aren't slow but heck, dislodging one of them is quite a job.

And they have Sorgarat, who basically a Sternguard Vets. equivalent.

Check out Hunting Party in the new ITS rules, it's basically that.

Morats are less durable than PanO unless you're using comms/hacking attacks. PanO wins FtF rolls more.

>36 points for 2 wound BS13 ARM5 guy armed with AP HMG.
>shit
The Blackjack isn't high end statwise, but 36 points is damned cheap given the firepower. Also remember, it's Ariadna. The Vet Kazak already kicks his ass, but 2 wound T2 Sniper for 1 SWC is very good as a bunker.

Yup, parking that thing prone on a rooftop with the T2 Sniper is a pain in the ass.

'Durable' is actually a bit of a fuzzy concept in Infinity, since nobody can tank high-caliber bullets.
PanOceania is actually the most brute force faction, since your shooting ability directly equals your 'durability' as it influences who's likely to win an exchange of fire.
Tohaa and Aleph have the most 'wounds', as pseudo 2-wound units are all over. Aleph also gets a lot of visual modifiers to improve their chances of being missed.
Nobody's slow in the game either. Everyone has differing kinds of speed. Ability to advance quickly in open ground, or under enemy fire are both very different.

>being scared of 1 point stat drops

Cool. What are the Not-Americans like?

Durable and dirty. They got some of the strongest guns in the game but not a lot high tech gadgets. They do have some really nasty units for dirt cheap and will naturally put a lot of models on the board.

Holy fucking shit I never saw Blackjack was 36 points. That's fucking insane firepower and durability for that price.

Not!Americans are brute force lack of subtlety.
They have 3 brands of reasonably durable grunt trooper squad, that basically pick from: Low price (US Grunts), toughness+forward deployment (Marauders), or piles of weapons operators (Minutemen).
Backing them up are OK Infiltrators (Foxtrot Rangers), and some super aggressive forward attackers (Airborne and Infiltrating Grunts).
DevilDog Wolfman unit is a good hunter-killer for camo troops, and Mavericks/Desperados are fast bikers that flank well.

They have almost no deception ability, but have some very nasty 'hit first turn' abilities.

Alright, two more questions:
Is that starter box pictured a good starting point?
And what material are the minis made out of? Metal? Resin?

>Implying amerifats doesn't constantly shit themselves, even at the smallest thing

There's reasons why the always hide themselves behind those ARM 3s ms. monkeyface (male)

All Infinity Minis are metal without exception. The starter box is OK, but unfortunately USAriadna's also one of the 'lower points per model' factions around. It's better to start with their 'Army Pack' or to add a Marauder or Minutemen box on top to fill out a 200ish point list.

Minis are metal.

USAriadna has an expanded set you might want to track down. Its that set, plus a werewolf and a motorcycle trooper.

This is what I'd get if I wanted to start out playing USAriadna. They're very brute force, but tend to be kinda swarmy with lots of units. I play Onyx First Contact Force and USAriadna so I'm decently familiar. Scots are an option too, like I said. They're similar to USAriadna but more CC oriented.

Look on ebay or amazon and see if you can find a USAriadna starter set with the limited edition mini for cheap, that's what I did when I was starting out.

Nah, dislodging PanO is pretty easy. They'll run away after hearing some CLANK.

instagram.com/p/BYjDTj2FgeW/?taken-by=tabletop_shogun

Somewhat of a board we played around on last week. Not too fancy but there was enough to make it interesting.

Except a Swiss Guard on SF mode will just beat you on FtF rolls during your own turn.

Scots for reference.

There's nothing not- about them, they're the 51st (and now only) state of the union.

Anyway USAriadna has high ARM, big guns and cheap bodies. Very few tricks but dirt cheap infiltrators

>Scots are an option too, like I said. They're similar to USAriadna but more CC oriented.
I think I want to try and go a bit more shooty. I play Orks and Trollbloods so I am more than set on face smash armies in games.

USAriadna will do it then. Lots of armor-piercing, high-volume fire.

If you're looking to start USAriadna, this is what you want to get. Look for the yellow sticker when you buy the box, comes with an extra mini that was only in the first run of them.

www.ebay.com/itm/USAriadna-Army-Pack-10-BOX-with-FREE-Dismounted-Maverick-Girl-CVB-280007-/121698834449?hash=item1c55d0d811:g:iBMAAOSwT6pVnQpC

I liked two of the minis from the Operation Red Veil box, The Ninja with the bow and the TAG.

There isn't a TAG in Operation Red Veil.

If you like Ninjas, try JSA. They're all about that tho.

The thing I despise about his books is, although he explains how he paints models, it's phrased in such a way it doesn't explain how you can do it.
They're just artbooks pretending to be textbooks, with a lot of useful information carefully omitted.

What is the correct scale for vehicles in infinity? Thinking about using some as terrain pieces and leaning towards 1/43.

I dunno about the scale fraction but Infinity is 32mm now, used to be 28.

According to theminiaturespage.com/ref/scales.html 28 mm comes in at 1/58.

And 32 is about 1/50. So 1/43 vehicles would be on the large size.

I just need an excuse to put a doof wagon on the table, basically.
ebay.com/itm/NEWRAY-1-43-KENWORTH-W900-KISS-ROCK-BAND-TRUCK-TRAILER-SS-15473-/192291429327

>ebay.com/itm/NEWRAY-1-43-KENWORTH-W900-KISS-ROCK-BAND-TRUCK-TRAILER-SS-15473-/192291429327

That's amazing. The scale is close enough I'd still do it. Unless you can find one that's closer.

It's a specific style of airbrushing base colors and tints, using liquid mask to cover up areas you don't want to color. then detailing in by handbrush after using very traditional methods.
Personally I just like to use washes over a basecoat.

Ahl Fassed is the greatest TAG

*blocks your path*

I just learned the design philosophy behind Metro.

They are an army so shitty that you get the cheesiest shitbags and field a fuckton of them.

While your opponent bangs his head against the table you make French Noises and snag objectives on your opponent's side at the last second.

Ahl Fassed pops smoke and gtfo