Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: →
>Escaped_Bio_weapon_Bellevue_General.news
>Missing_Seattle_starlett.trid
>Nerdfight_at_local_tgs.trid
>Houserules_for_Dummies_101.thread

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: -65536 (999% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Not letting sleeping hellhounds lie'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Solispsm.BTL...

>Stay in School
>Don't do drugs
>Support your favorite publishers
>And always, forever deal a cut to the dragon.

Technomancers & Deckers Edition

>To PCs
How do you build your special degenerate snowflakes?

>To GMS
How do you build a run based solely in the Matrix?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/13I1RzNa_rw?t=1m8s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Aaaaaaaannnndddd I completely forget to put /srg/ Shadowrun General.

>FML

>Last Viewed Files:
So much fuck ups.

>How do you build your special degenerate snowflakes?

Make there be tons of complications due to snowflakeyness. That way everyone else in the session can laugh at my edgelord getting fucked over by his shitty attitude.

Thanks, omae.

How hard do I need to smack a player for wanting to mount LMGs on a liminal centaur cybertorso?

>How do you build a run based solely in the Matrix?
Well the obvious answer is hackers only, or hacker solo run.
But if you want to involve a full, regular team, I like the idea of a data-steal where all pieces of data have to be stolen at the same time. Otherwise some sort of panic code will data-bomb all the remaining servers. So the decker has to stay in one place while the rest of the team has to go attach commlinks to all the other servers.

Hard enough that his teeth spills out and makes a new character.

gonna be starting my first shadowrun camapign as a GM soon. how do you guys plan runs? how much detail do you put into it or do you just make things up on the spot?

For a first timer, use existing missions and tweak them to your liking with the serial# filed off. That way you can familiarize yourself on how a typical run goes and what your players actually react to.

Still waiting on that 25 die Technomancer.

>implying that user wasnt just lying out of his ass

No way, Everyone knows you can only put something on the internet if it's true.

My group's technomancer rolls 16 dice to hack as of character creation, and we're only playing Street Scum level.

Does this look like decent stats for a street-scum level Rigger and secondary face?

Don't worry about the low money, we're all poor and unlike the rest of the party I actually have an income.

So he's absolutely useless when a firefight breaks out then.

Swap Reaction with Intuition. You get more oomph from Intuition which boosts your knowledge and utility skills over your reaction which does nothing except rolling for initiative.

8 cha, 6 skill in your drug of choice, Berwick Suit, Sprite with Diagnostic on suit, we'll say 4. There's 18 dice before specialization, 19 wireless. Submerge once, Virtual Machine echo, run Empathysoft Rating 6 threaded and sustained, additional 4. Sprite Diagnostic on brain, average 4, 27 dice.

29 if specialized.
32 with Pheromones.

Poke holes in it, I'm going off memory.

Driving/pilot skills are based on reaction though, aren't those important skills for riggers to have?, and I already have a ton of knowledge skills. 18 pts worth, and roll seven dice with just a single point put into something.

you have absolutely no idea how cryptography or computer security works right?

See

>take a intressting negative quality
>build around that
Done.

>How do you build a run based solely in the Matrix?

You hit your head on the nearest wall until you forget that utterly retarded idea.

Ah. Carry on then.
> (OP)
Just know that humans are the weakest link in any IT security.

So Gremlins R4 and Oblivious R2 makes a clueless wageslave who somehow breaks everything around him without him knowing about it?

My momentary Charakter has Dependent (Little Sister) and Code of Honor : Avenging Angel.
Basicly after his sister found out what he's doin' for a Job he started describing it as being a Superhero who hunts Bad Guys. So Fun times.

>a character rigging it uses gunnery.
Even if the weapon in question is melee?

Run & Gun lists Gyrojet, Gyrojet Plus, Gyrojet Taser, and Gyrojet Tracker as ammo types in the Called Shot section (page 118, for example), but for the life of me I can't find any of those ammo types anywhere in the book.

The entry for the Gyrojet Pistol also says:
> FN makes a full array of alternate munitions that match up well with their standard counterparts. Jelly rockets are awesome.
> Sticks

So, where do I find rules for literally any Gyrojet ammunition? Because it's definitely not in the weapon entry, nor is it in the book's ammo section.

Blame CGL.

RTF Errata.

I don't understand the question. That sounds fucking rad.

>Gyrojet ammo: DV –2S(e), AP -5 Avail 14R, Cost 160¥
That raises more questions than it answers, honestly.

The PDF errata pretends that GJ Taser rounds are regular GJ rounds, are the other three on the forums?

Totally thought this was the new EDHG due to the OP image being from Magic: The Gathering.

Which makes for a totally kickass cybertroll.

Since our group doesnt have a rigger I'm the designated driver due to the fact I'm a reaction whore. So, GMC Armadillo or Toyota Talon for a transport/getaway vehicle? I need something that seats 4+1 Troll as well as anything we might need to grab so its guaranteed to have increased seating but other than that mods will be barebones to start with.

Nope. They backslid on the existence of other types of ammo. Even removed them from the attack actions. If it weren't for that last bit, I'd assume they are waiting to get into other books, but the other ammo types might have been nixed.

So Gyrojet Pistols fire exclusively taser rounds now, not even normal rounds, if you listen to the errata.

Well, that's fucking stupid.

What's your budget for said vehicle? Because you're going to need a driver's license on top of that. I'd recommend you guys grabbing a GMC Universe / Ares Roadmaster if money is relatively not an issue.

they should fire high explosive incendiary ammunition exclusively.

Just suck it up and get an Ares Roadmaster. You can mod it for increased Handling/Speed if you need a higher Limit, and it's one of the only vehicles in the game that's truly resistant to light-caliber gunfire.

>they should fire high explosive incendiary ammunition exclusively.
And yet...
>Gyrojet ammo: DV –2S(e), AP -5 Avail 14R, Cost 160¥

They fire exclusively taser rounds that can't even be purchased at chargen.

I guess I'll just get a harpoon gun for my marine.

Its kind of an issue but I think I solved my own problem. I ran both through chummer and an armadillo with increased seating comes out cheaper and can hold 9 people, 2 more than a talon. I have no fucking idea how, it must be a giant damn truck even with the tray acting as personnel transport but 9 seats is perfect.

I just need some art of the thing now.

>52k nuyen for a roadmaster
>22k nuyen for an armadillo
I'm not made of money user. Maybe down the road I'll upgrade, but not at chargen.

>Maybe down the road I'll upgrade, but not at chargen.
You're not going to earn enough money to upgrade down the road. It's at chargen or never.

Enjoy getting your Armadillo blown up and then having nothing.

Fuck you user I dont know what I can cut to get an extra 30k without cutting into my primary role as gunbunny.

Choose. Gunbunny or Rigger. Can't do both, omae.

>I just need some art of the thing now.

It's a pickup, omae.

Then you better ask all those other faggots to chip in, since they're making you do this anyway.

Alternatively, say, "I'll drive the thing, but the mage has to be the one who actually buys it."

If you can't afford an Ares Roadmaster, the next best thing is a Bulldog Stepvan. I mean, it has 6 less fucking armor, but you can mod that up high enough that people won't be blowing it up with pistols, at least.

I'll talk to the group about it. 10k buy in shouldnt make anyone lose their shit. I'll even pay to mod it up just as long as they can get me the fragging thing.

What does a roadmaster look like anyway? I'm imaging a sci fi MRAP.

Well, it's street legal, so it fits into a single traffic lane, and previous editions included art where it had six wheels rather than four.

So yeah, pretty much.

Socially speaking, a Roadmaster is to Shadowrun about what, say, a humvee is to real life. Clearly based on a military vehicle, but you more expect it to be owned by an uncomfortably conservative, over-protective soccer mom, rather than some kind of domestic mercenary/terrorist team.

>but you more expect it to be owned by an uncomfortably conservative, over-protective soccer mom
Keep in mind the future you're talking about is one in which putting on body armour to go outside is the norm outside rich neighbourhoods, paracritters and pollution have pushed humanity into heavily crowded cities (even there devil rats, etc make heading into darker alleys a risk), pistols and knives are standard carry, and so on. There' a broad swathe of regulars in military-themed civilian vehicles between soccer parents and mercenaries.

Is it worth taking antennae just for the Radar Sensor Cyberware? What other ways of reducing noise exist?

Commlink with a Receiver dongle and a Vectored Signal Filter module hardwired is 4 noise red.

My friend was trying to explain this to me and I just didn't get it. If a corp security officer has a better gun, why wouldn't I use it? Are they traceable? Wouldn't I be able to remove the trace and use the gun just fine?

Temporarily? sure if it doesnt have the mods that mean only authorized users can use it (cant remember the name, its safety something or other). But long term? fuck no, transferring ownership is way too difficult. Buying a better gun with your hard earned nuyen would take less time and effort than going through that bullshit.

>Are they traceable
Yes.
>Wouldn't I be able to remove the trace and use the gun just fine?
Yes, in a workshop. Not in a firefight. Ownership transfers apply to all but retrotech guns.

Even corper mags have fucking tags in them, so be careful.

Is there anyone that'd stand up for technomancers in 4e?

Sorry, didn't mean to quote you, chummer!

>Vectored Signal Filter module
But that's a cyberdeck module.

Also, 99.99% of the time corps security guns have an Advanced Safety System installed inside so that only their biometrics or RFID tags can use the guns. Unauthorized access? It either doesn't work, brick itself via internal explosions, shock the unauthorized user, or blow itself up alongside its user. To see a corps sec gun's safety in action, see this trid where KE stormed a Redmond Block.

youtu.be/13I1RzNa_rw?t=1m8s

Nevermind, just reread the rules.

Any art of Snohomish?

How good is airport security, both in the US and Japan? My players are going overseas for the first time and I need to get a feel for how deep the cavity search is going to be.

Very good for aircraft.

Almost impossible to sneak things through on a suborbital unless you have a really useful contact and a shit-ton of nuyen for a bribe.

Can a decker double down as a rigger easily? We dont have a dedicated rigger (we have an adept that doubles as a wheelman for when we need to fuck off in a hurry) and some drones operating as eyes in the sky would be very nice.
How expensive is it? is it too skill heavy to do properly?

It's not the Skills that fuck you it's the nuyen cost. Are you already in career mode?

Regardless, you don't need to become a Rigger to buy a few Flying Eyes, Crawlers, and Autosofts for them to run recon. You can do that through your commlink or deck.

It's incredibly expensive to have a stable of drones, incredibly expensive to get a good RCC and all the programs, and expensive to be a decker. Bad cross.

However, it is entirely possible and very useful if everyone frees up a couple thousand nuyen and gets their own drone. Mini-Zeps, Flying Eyes, and Fly-Spys are cheap and easy to slave to a commlink.

Oh well thats all I want. And now we havent started yet we're just trying to cover as many bases as we can for the team. Overwatch drones are something I have a feeling we'll really need.

Is there a book for 5e that has a bunch of NPC profiles like the black book for 3e? I need a quick pilot.

I'm looking for security ideas to spice up my heists. Systems, gear, layouts, tasks and activities of the people inside, anything to make a good and lively adventure.
Physical stuff rather than matrix or arcane, and it's ok if it's from another system.
Any idea where I could find this?

Contacts section from Core and Run Faster, nothing else, I'm afraid.

4e had a contacts book. maybe try that one and port it yourself

>And always, forever deal a cut to the dragon.

I wonder who could be behind this post.

>Any idea where I could find this?
There used to be a book about corp security a few editions ago. Might have some useful info for you.

How would you make a social decker, as in a Decker/Face combo? Someone that uses both Computer Hacking and Social Hacking to his advantage?

For security: IR lasers, ultrasound detectors, turrets, K9s, RFID scanners, electric stun tiles, sleep gas mines, barbed (mono)wire fences, transparent concrete windows, transponder embedded keylocks, pressure pads, cameras, drones, and other stuff that you might think of.

Technically yes. No it doesn't make sense.

Why are SR's firearm mechanics so stupid, and how could they be fixed?

>fire 10 rounds
>only one can hit
>full auto is somehow miraculously easier to hit with than controlled semi-auto
>can't aim and do a double-tap

Spraying and praying is so 80's, these days it's all about efficiency.

Have your guys infiltrate a factory full of skillwired workers and with seemingly understaffed security, then have the spider download some corpsec skills into the workers. Bam, instant security.

>>fire 10 rounds
>>only one can hit
4e had rules for that. Instead of a dodge roll penalty it increased the DV
>>full auto is somehow miraculously easier to hit with than controlled semi-auto
I guess their reasoning was "the more space is covered in bullets, the harder it is to not get hit"
>>can't aim and do a double-tap
just allow two attacks per IP again

Also:
>complains about all that
>does not complain that in SR you can be a trickshot at rifles (Automatics) but fail at Sniper Rifles (Longarms) and Pistols (Pistols) completely

>does not complain that in SR you can be a trickshot at rifles (Automatics) but fail at Sniper Rifles (Longarms) and Pistols (Pistols) completely
Oh I didn't take that into account because everyone with at least half a brain already houserules all firearms into a general category.

But you can chummer

aim is an action, its great for +2 dice and resetting your recoil.

double tap is also an action - its in Run and Gun

>everyone with at least half a brain already houserules all firearms into a general category.
you'd be suprised

>you'd be suprised
That most people have less than half a brain? No. I really wouldn't.

But it's a complex action, so you can't aim and double tap.

Does anyone houserule archery rules so using a bow doesn't take a million years?

You can aim over consecutive phases.

Yes. Fire bow - simple action. Reload bow - free action.

Quick Draw.

Don't be pedantic, that also applies to 10rd full auto.

>Don't be pedantic
Where do you think we are?

/mlp/.

Is there no ability or martial art in SR5E that turns "ready weapon" into a free action?
In 4E you could take Krav Maga and Perfect Time to fire a bow two times in one initiative pass, iirc.

sorry bud, wrong thread
both like to fuck magical animals, but in our case they have scales

How does a decker spend C skills?

What's the Seattle weather like? Has years of megacorp control and damage caused the weather to be FUBAR or is it still manageable?

It still rains all the time, but now the rain is corrosive.

6 +Spec in Hacking
6 +Spec in Computer
1 +Databombs in Software
1 +Cyberdeck in Hardware
1 +Spec in E. War
I usually put my skill group points into Athletics and Stealth. Then put 1 into Automatics, 1 into Con, 1 into Etiquette, 1 into Perception. That puts you with 2 skill points to put into... Something? You could maybe drop the con point and bring one of your 1s up to 4 or 3+spec, like E War or Perception.

I'm also doing this by hand so I might be a little off.