Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

Heresy grows from idleness edition

Last >Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

1st for Slaanesh, tell me about your mother.

First for the Greater Good

50 cons Yarrick and 6 tanks.
Fluff or no?

I wanna commit a heresy

5th for Slaaneshi OP

6th for the Siege Master

Whateverth for Digga Nops

>ywn be trampled by their huge metal boots

Only fluff if they are done in Steele Legione colours and the conscripts are made up of hive ganger models. -100 to fluff if the conscripts are in Cadian uniforms.

>yfw conscripts are left out of the codex

Fall is nearly upon us.

s-soon... ish

Dont you prefer real life waifus?

Whats a good cheap way to make/buy librarian pauldrons? Making a conversion.

This.

Shit they could actually get away with this. Conscripts don't have a unique model. GW might decide balancing them is too hard and just delete them.

I doubt it though.

Thanks a lot anons

I am slowly expanding my guard.

>own 60 penal legionnaires made up of victoria miniature models/cadians
>lost rules for the unit after 5th
>gonna lose secondary rules with loss of conscripts in 8th

Help.

As far as i know, If they are not mentioned in the Codex, you can still use the index rules for them.

Regular Guardsmen?

loling @ the brainlets that dont know the deeper meaning of 40k

>Vostroyan-themed Scions

Have any Space Marine Chapters ever defected to the Tau Empire? If so/if not, how would their Chapter culture change upon accepting the Greater Good? I know the new kind of official sort of line from the Tau on Space Marines is that they're a 'weapon' and not a person, but I seriously doubt they wouldn't accept the defection of an entire Chapter.

>accepting the Greater Good?

No

Not even Chaos Marines would join Xenos.

op of that post user, don't be a fag

>Have any Space Marine Chapters ever defected to the Tau Empire?
Yep

Anything more cringe than SM players who want their chapters to be fighting for the Tau Empire?

>Fan art

If they're doing it for balance purposes they wouldn't allow that, they might errata them out of the index.

But again I really doubt they'll do that.

They're probably just going to up the points costs of all IG infantry.

see

Every time I see Steven Ogg I miss Johnny.

No, xenophobia runs so deep in the genes of the Astartes that even Chaos marines despise them.

Why do the lasers have parabolic arcs?

>Vostroyan-themed Scions

I dont think you understand the indoctrination process of the space marines

chaos corrupts because its stupid warp magic but space marines hate xenos

nope

What do Thousand Sons even use for anti-armour?

Predators? Maulerfiends?

>replying to that fucking bait
Guys.

Does this mean that not even Slaanesh Space Marines rape Eldar?

Bolters?

Ap-2 bolters are pretty good against most things.

muscular space men hitting green fungus gorillas with chainsaws so deep am i right?

Space Marines are literally space racists

Mind-bullets.

So why in the hell is a unit of 10 custodes $120? Like, what the fuck?

Smite spam and Magnus.

After I read some GW FAQ I'm never sure if that kind of posts are baits or really questions.

>Space Marines are literally space racists

They are the less racists of the Imperium,try to talk with an ecclesiarch

Also,fuck niggers

So are mass Rubrics any good? Or are they too expensive?

What model is this? I like it. I've always liked the look of the Iron Warriors but their rules are so bad.

I assume it's 30k only?

That guy who doesn't get 40k? He's just that dense

GW is trying to be more expensive than FW.

Because you touch yourself.

>Recast

Really bro...

Not even baiting tho, but I'm not surprised impfags are getting triggered over it

Yes, but Space Marines also go renegade over non-chaos reasons, like the majority of the Badab War which was fought over resource concerns and how fucked Imperial bureaucracy is. I'm not saying it's likely, but hypno-conditioning is hardly infallible.

I mean, in a galaxy wherein magic worms can mind control you and space whales exist, this isn't really that far fetched. Unlikely, but I could potentially see a chapter as fucked as the Astral Claws by Imperial bureaucracy and being offered a much better deal by the Tau as they annex their Chapter World possibly turning rather than self destructively detonating their entire population.

Yep 30k only. Perty was unsatisfied with protection he gets from his sons and made his own bodyguard robots.

free valkyrie rides for all tau envoys!

gotta say id shill out the extra, those FW ones look like shit

how many alternate head and chest pieces do the FW models have?

>like the majority of the Badab War which was fought over resource concerns
yeah except the leaders were chaos corrupted

>he doesn't think critically about something that consumes a massive portion of his time

You can summon after digesting

No, they only became chaos corrupting during the war and after. To my knowledge, Lugft Huron wasn't Chaos until the war had actually commenced, and even if the high leadership was corrupted, the various other non-corrupt Space Marine chapters who rebelled for loyalty and resource reasons still prove my point.

But only if you deny the Holocaust with your Forge World models first.

I-I dont get the meme

>GW ones look better (except for the paint scheme), larger and with significantly more detail
>made out of plastic instead of shitty, grainy, brittle, warped resin

do you also scuba dive in kiddie pools in your spare time?

>How do you interact with people who miss the entire point of the setting? I am consistently surprised by the amount of people I see who think the Imperium is unironically in the right as 'good guys'.
>he says, while posting a pic that shows someone completely misunderstanding the point of the setting.
First and foremost, the imperium is not facist, not even close. I don't know why we have to keep going through this, but it's feudal at a galactic level, with some elements of capitalism thrown in with stuff like rouge traders.
Secondly, theocracy is one of the few things in 40k that's shown as good, though with flawed individuals. The imperial cult is one of the few reasons mankind is still around in 40k, even guillman says as much. It gives hope to the hopeless, unites mankind in it's darkest hours, and is shown to actually give you super special powers.
War consumes is sort of a fair point, but the point made is not that it doesn't, but that sometimes it must. War is the only thing that can keep you alive in a galaxy that gives no shits about you, it is a nessercary evil to defend against such things like chaos, orks or nids. You'd have to be a braindead retard to look at pic related and say "you see hordes of vile xenos, I see a doctor, lawyer and scientist"
I suppose that if the fanaticism referenced here is that of the word bearers depicted, then sure, that's true, but that's because it's fanaticism for demons. In general, just like war, fanatcism is one of the tools which keeps man alive in the dark days of 40k
And imperialism is unsustainable? Bitch, shut the fuck up. The imperialism of the Imperium is anything but, it's lasted 10,000 years, longer than all modern history, against horrors the likes of which we have never known. That's the exact opposite of unsustainable.

And yes, the point of 40k is wow, cool empire, I want to give GW money to read about it and make models from that empire.

No one really does.

Someone posted a huge /pol/ holocaust denial write up a few generals back in the midst of defending/trolling people Forgeworld and once again shit up our board.

How do I win with Tyranids in 8th? I bought to Exocrines and a box of Hive Guard. If I don't wanna pay out for a Malanthrope what do I use to babysit these big gunner idiot bugs?

Can I summon after corruption?

Your only real options are a Malanthrope, Warrior Brood or Prime.

t. unironic brainlet.

Well, you can at least position the arms, torsos and heads to your liking.

Danke user

In a Narrative game sure.

>55483748
>t.ADB

It happened,but only 1 million died

A warrior prime would be good, he can't get shoot then

>brand new GW sculpts
>old FW sculpts
If only the FW ones were larger. Hate the cartoonish deathguard designs.

I remember it, I was OP in that general.
Never thought that little joke about WAAC Forgeworld doors can shitpost entire thread.

Yeah but he's expensive for a babysitter that won't be contributing anything except synapse.

Honestly a Malanthrope is the only really good option.

FW Models look realistic and grimdark,GW ones look like they were designed by a kid

Don't fucking start this shit again.

The cartoonishness is all a result of the way they paint them.

Get gud at painting and the new Death Guard stuff is god tier.

At some point if GW updates Guard I hope they use this style for it. The grittier style and asymmetrical look are just perfect.

Yes.
Also FW painting crude and dirty. They look like soldiers not toys.

The only thing "grimdark" about the FW ones is the paintjob. The GW ones are more grimdark by far.

More realism I'll grant you, except honestly neither of them are really realistic and when it comes to Chaos you don't really want realistic or you miss the point.

A friend of mine plays (GW's) Blood Angels, but has converted a Samurai-themed army using Space Wolves rules to represent one of the two "Lost Legions."

He intends to run them as Tau auxiliary in a co-operative match if I ever actually get my Tau army built, and painted, and running. He even bought some fire warriors and painted them up, "for me".

I've expressed my amount of eyerolls, but he got my girlfriend to start collecting an ork army, and now my QT is painting up blue orks to ALSO run alongside my tau in cooperation.

I guess now that 8th is more balanced, I can actually finish my Tau without worrying about having to tone down my list to avoid tabling his BA.

Anyway, 40k is a bit like Rick and Morty. They give you a big enough universe and enough intentionally excluded details that just about any set of circumstances is possible to occur.

Is it possible for an SM chapter to defect to the Greater Good? Sure. What happens then is based on who's writing the Tau. Are they the silently-snuffing-civilians purists that they have been portrayed as recently or the open-arms-backed-by-guns federation that simply absorbs, redistributes, and grows?

People bitch about their indoctrination, but Space Marines have teamed up with xenos plenty of times in the official fluff, most recently to revive a primarch.

But FW models are not chaos one, they are Great Crusade and Heresy.

That's true, they're well designed for what they are, but the 40k ones are meant to be Chaos corrupted, and clearly do that job much better for their purposes.

Most of the people posting this comparison saying the FW ones are "better" are retarded if for no other reason than missing that. No one running 40k DG should want something that doesn't look Chaosified.

>this is what 14 year olds on Veeky Forums actually believe

Facism is "a form of authoritarian nationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and control of industry and commerce", which is exactly how the Imperium works via a system of Planetary Governors. Now, Imperium planets can also be whatever the fuck they want to be because the galaxy is so wide and spanning, but the rule of thumb is this. It's a totalitarian hellstate with only very few and privileged individuals getting to experience anything other than war, labor and death.

Theocracy is fucking terrible in the Imperium, the Emperor hated it, and Lorgar who is the father of the current Theocracy is the reason the Horus Heresy happened to begin with. It can be a useful force, but theology is at the root of the fall of the Imperium and kills thousands of innocent souls for no reason everyday, usually in horrific agony and pain. It is funded by a constant currency of ignorance and hate and the only reason Guilliman hasn't removed it is because it is so vital to Imperial unity at the moment and disestablishing it would lead to massive scisms that would fuck up his attempts to reform and fix the Imperium.

The point isn't that war isn't cool or necessary in the galaxy, but war is often waged for pointless, terrible reasons, more commonly against people you shouldn't be fighting than not. Think of Dark Crusade with Thule vs the Guard, or the amount of times Sisters of Battle set entire nationstates on fire because of minor theological disputes. Most problems in the setting have been completely exasperated by war, like the Warp, or humanity's blind hatred towards Xenos killing and dooming trillions of lives that were of absolutely no threat to them because of the fear of the actually scary ones lying around coloring their horrible facist theology.

Fanaticism is the complete inability to accept any of the above and continue to perpetuate the cycles noted above.

god dammit gw

Glad Ahriman's new model didn't turn into such a disgrace.

I'm curious which one will cost more.