Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1757: Jumping With Namefags Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Did Jojoanon ever come back to the thread or the IRC? I want to ask him something

Yes, but a certain namefag drove them off.

She did, once, about a year ago.

Then Bancho chased her off again.

No he's fucking dead. Like, years and years dead.

Hey, since the Battleship from Stellaris is supposed to be enough to worry the fallen empires does that mean it of end game quality? Wouldn't that also mean it has one of those cool ass jump drives?

Also why are we limited to three traits for our race in Stellaris? You can have a max of six in game and we are paying CP for them.

I will return to my slumber then

This .

Red hired bancho to drive her off once she showed up. There is no Stand Supplement.

No, they were and were basically done with JC. They popped in at one point to say goodbye I think.

How many times does someone have to post with a name to be designated a Namefag?

If I recall correctly, the Battleship is based off of the Automated Dreadnought. So looking that up might get you your answer.

HENSHIN!
POTATO MODE!

*were and are

and I deeply regret it to this day, I am not good with social interaction I was overwhelmed and on very different medications at that time if ever anyone could ever get a message toJojoanon please let her know I'm sorry!

The Automated Dreadnought's FTL drive is based on the technology you've researched, so that won't help.

He's best with just going with what he wants.

are you just naturally this much of a shithead, or do you make special effort throughout the day?

I'm pretty sure it does, yeah. It's a endgame battleship you get to start off with. I talked to Bramastra some time ago, mentioning reverse-engineering a Jump Drive from it and he had no complaints.

As for the traits, you start off a game of Stellaris with only 2 trait points. At best, that gets you two minor traits without going into negative traits, instead of being able to pick 3 of any value. So... if you want more, start genetic engineering projects.

Would be nice if we could take negative traits for additional positive traits though...

>If I recall correctly, the Battleship is based off of the Automated Dreadnought. So looking that up might get you your answer.
Is it? I was pretty sure it was a battleship and not a dreadnought class.

You can only post with a name if you've made at least one Jump for the community.

Thanks!

Also it does make sense for it to be the Dreadnought, after all it does fit as being the only ship that might make a Fallen Empire nervous about attacking you. Also I think the Dreadnought is treated as a battleship in game, just a really big one.

But are you automatically declared a Namefag?
It's just that we have had a few Namefags who have only shown up for there jumps and nothing more, making their posts very few.

>How many times does someone have to post with a name to be designated a Namefag?
I dunno, a few days maybe. It's really just you keep posting and eventually people remember you. But you should only post with a name if you're
1) Making jumps, or
B) Posting builds,
because the idea is that you are doing something that necessitates having a continuous identity so that people can follow along.

And a really cool one.

Soooo, I somehow only just discovered that we have a Haruhi jump, since the notes are kinda sparse and I kinda doubt the maker is around at this time, I figured I'd just ask if there was anyone on who would know if he made a ruling in the thread on whether the rusty sword can sync with more than one weapon. Because the item description itself wasn't very clear on that and, truth be told, that one detail is the determining factor on whether it's thee greatest item ever, or completely pointless.

>Jumping With Namefags
Dangit, why do I miss the fun stuff?

Who did you roll? Have you rolled?

Eh, the Automated Dreadnaught is only 3000-ish fleet power when you get your hands on it. Which is somewhere around endgame battleship anyway.

I guess if it's the full ai-controlled version, it'd be scarier, but still not really something that could stand against a Fallen Empire fleet on it's own. Might make them think a bit though?

Val got Worm as a companion.

What is the scale of stellaris ships anyway?

Rolled 52 (1d66)

Oh, not yet, I'll do that now.

Thanks user.

Yeah, I think they rolled each other huh? I'm pretty okay with my friends getting each other. Better than people they'd hate to be around but a bummer nonetheless since I don't have her around, probably.

Don't think we have a canon answer, so go with the scale that makes sense to you.

Bramastra felt battleships being around the size of Super Star Destroyers made sense to him.

You need something user!? That's okay I'm still here. It can sync with many weapons.

Not really definitive.
Some people think the battleships are just 300m long.
Then there is which would make them 19,000m.

I don't believe I've ever spoke to this person. I guess I'll chalk that up to a neutral result.

What's the question tho?

Fuckin sweet, so is it like a mental switch or whatever that decides which one comes out?

For the record, when I said " around at this time" I meant more along the lines of being awake or online at this particular point in time, rather than saying you left the community like it probably sounded. I probably could have been clearer about that

No clue. Colony ships can function as an entire city though, so at least that big.

I want her permission to do individual jumps for individual parts

Just a reminder that RoboAnon allows Tomb Spyder ACUs so long as you give them hugs.

Also, how do you treat your non/low Sapient followers?
Are they pets? Equals? Or disposable?

>non/low Sapient followers?
>Equals
Not even as a regular human.

No, they're pets, unless they're just children anyway.

Ah.

Alright then.

Ah, so you're that Discord-fag. Why didn't you just ask about her in your hugbox?

So I have a question for those who have lots of chains and try and writefag for them. How do you take the same jumps over and make them interesting. Especially if it's supposed to be you jumping in the stories?

Don't browse discord, but I do have posted my interest in doing it before

I go with different themes. Current chain is themed around a native Jumper from Duel Monsters: Heroes. Different perspectives lead to different stories.

Depending on chain placement, companions and build focus it could end up completely different. I've taken Pokemon almost every time as Jumps start and something as simple as starting region or start pokemon radically defines how things progress from there. Context matters a lot, basically.

>A mental switch
Yeah that sounds right.

No problem.

I'm kinda new to jumping and want to ask a few questions

How does the return perk of the warehouse work? Can I use it whenever I want to or does it trigger whenever another jump has just ended? Do I have to use up all ten years at once? Can I cut that return short?

I'd like to go back to my first jump to take some stuff from there into my warehouse, but spending another whole 10 years just to get some equip into my warehouse sounds kinda meh.

Get to the jump through a different series of build-up jumps. The different experiences I'd have had and the different powers I'd have access to would shape my approach. If I'm dropped into Worm with enough power to 1v1 an Entity, that's different from if I've been cruising around slice-of-life areas, which is different from if I'm about as strong as the average parahuman, and if I've mostly been to dark and pessimistic worlds, then I'm going to be more serious, since I've gotten used to "If you fuck up, you'll probably die", while if I've been to light and fluffy ones, I'm going to be a cheerful jokester, since I'm pretty sheltered.

Can't you make it without permission? I mean he/she is gone, or would there be a shitstorm?

>Can I use it whenever I want
Yes, but you can only use it once.
>Do I have to use up all ten years at once?
Yes.

The final draft I have planned for the Uploads folder.

Permission for jumps of the same setting isn't strictly needed but is heavily desired.
However, I think him making jumps for individual parts of Jojo would count as replacement jumps which definitively needs permission or he will get a massive shitstorm.

Given the reason for JoJo's quitting, there's a bit of a complex regarding the JoJo jump.

It would be hella shitstorm fuel unless JoJo was to sign off on it.

>or would there be a shitstorm?

Yes yes there Would , we will use any excuse for a shitstorm.

Jorge already exists.

You seriously need to shut the fuck up when you're the cause of the current problem Bancho.

Jorge isn't really canon to the main JoJo storyline though and covers material that the main Jump doesn't.

Love how Skuld/Urd try to fight the system in the Drop-In Scenario. Just that suddenly notice and then going "That's wrong!" makes them better then Belldandy's acceptance. I mean I get how she works I just don't agree with being a welcoming mat even to your own father.

>However, I think him making jumps for individual parts of Jojo would count as replacement jumps
Please read user, Jorge is literal fanfiction that only somewhat shares the name and the settings

Didn't we ask OAA to try and get JoJo back last time anything like this was brought up?

Couldn't we ask him to ask her for permission, if we're going the long way around this?

What is an angel, and how much self-awareness do they have?

Is there any point to buying an Access Node if you complete the Retaking Vanahiem scenario?

So Gods are vulnerable to 3d/4d stuff despite being 10d? That info pdf you dumped earlier said differently.

Pretty sure that would only result in Jojo bitching him out. Bancho pretty much destroyed any possible reconciliation, which was really bad because she was actually considering coming back and updating stuff at the time.

Then he had to open his mouth and blame her for his stand being so OP.

Every time you guys bring up early /jc/ it seems like it was a bigger mess than it was today.

> though such an act would be hugely draining upon the you, on the level of spiritually and magically draining yourself completely in one go to be exact.
Is this "hugely draining" based on your reserves as a peer to Second Class Goddesses, or is it always so draining? Can a non-Earth Spirit who purchases the perk still grant permission for others to use it? Can other methods of tapping into leylines surpass the limit of "diminished Third-Class Earth Spirit"?

I'm honestly surprised we've lasted this long, truth be told.

It was. For the most part early Jumpchain was a lot more chaotic and vitriolic than it is now.

Do you have an archive link?

The evidence just keeps piling up that the amount of non-Valeria jumpmakers we have is inversely proportional to thread quality.

Different user, but I've been wondering for some time whether (Not that) Great Will is implied to be on the same scale as Haruhi's thing fiat-enforced subconscious -ness aside. . That's the impression I get from all the descriptions, and the only indication of it being an lesser of a power is the name.

Mind you, I don't know shit about the setting, I just like the jump. So I don't know whether I'm asking something needlessly mundane or completely unthinkable.

Yeah Belldandy is an odd duck.

Think a mirror of your inner soul backed by an AI, they are around as intelligent as a human it seems.

I'm not saying that they're vulnerable I'm saying that their 4-D form is actually important to them. Damage matters still, for reasons I'm not quite certain of.

>Is this "hugely draining" based on your reserves as a peer to Second Class Goddesses, or is it always so draining?
Always.
>Can a non-Earth Spirit who purchases the perk still grant permission for others to use it?
Sure!
>Can other methods of tapping into leylines surpass the limit of "diminished Third-Class Earth Spirit"?
Well that's how much power that one of them grants so no idea, I can't really rule on Out of Jump Context stuff like that really.

But we have more Jumpmakers than ever?

If Valeria's around, if I use Knight's Armoury from Angel Notes to externalize an energy, do I still have any of the energy inside of me?
Also, can I use any abilities that consume that energy?

Hypothetically speaking, if I were to write a Jumpchain of a lewd series, would I be allowed to post it here?

Only if its good

Full power is Post-Spark but said to equal Haruhi's dude. Check the archives sometimes.

Define lewd series.

>OAA to try and get JoJo back
That happened?

It was actually.

The very beginning was okay, excluding the fact that the Jump threads were started out of CYOA kicking us out of their thread. But like a new born nation, the honey moon period of freedom died out and the people became rowdy thanks to few rules or standards.

It's on the same level as Haruhi's but until Post-Spark it'll be just what the Perk grants.

The Last Sovereign

What is this and what exactly happened last thread? I'm confused.

You can regenerate the energy as normal. So you'd empty your pool of it, get the Knight Arm, and then be able to replenish your pool as normal even with the Knight Arm out.

A note on this. I didn't take return for the same reason you're me about it. I figure while you're there just download a whole database on how to build shit. Then magpie the unique items. It'll be a bit rough getting everything in the beginning, but grab an AI early on and have them do it. They'll be better (or at least faster) at it. Just my two cents.

Yeah and it ended about as well as people figured it would, to the point I question what the fucking point of it was.

>Damage matters still, for reasons I'm not quite certain of.
Probably because it's hard to feature believable hyperdimensional beings, so they're mostly just 10-D in name only.

Uh...probably not a good idea to post it here. Try over on Questionable Questing, they're okay with lewd jumps there. If you do so here, you're going to get a fair bit of yelling directed your way. Not by many people, but the people who do are very loud.

As a general rule of thumb, as long as the lewdness isn't the only thing of interest in the setting, and it would stand just fine without that stuff, than It'll probably be fine.

However, if it doesn't fall into that criteria, your free to post it, but you won't have much luck getting it on the drive. The old drive had a folder for lewd jumps Even if only like 5 guys ever got jumps put in there. But we don't even have that now, so you'll pretty much be banking on the first option.

What's it's about?

A person brought up the question of if you would be willing to go on Jumpchan's wild ride but you would also be paired up with one random person.
So, a list of Namefags was made for people to roll from.

>Always
So... would investing that increasingly greater amount of energy lead to buffer leylines, or does it actually matter how much you add?

>that's how much power one of them grants
What's the line about it working at a diminished capacity for non-Earth Spirits, then? Do they just go further on the same tank of gas, so to speak?

I wouldn't count on it getting on the drive, 'cause we have a "no lewd settings" policy, but an off-site link would probably be okay.

You might get bitched at a bit depending on who's on at the time, however.

Hard question for me to answer right this second, user. It's been a bit since I played. I liked the game, and figured the setting would be nice to have a jump in.

Give me a bit, and I'll see if I can't come up with a decent summary.

Fair enough.

This is the most likely answer, agreed.

>So... would investing that increasingly greater amount of energy lead to buffer leylines, or does it actually matter how much you add?
Yeah more energy would mean better leylines.
>Do they just go further on the same tank of gas, so to speak?
Yep it seems so.

What's your jumper's favorite/signature gem?

Is it possible to invest less energy for weaker leylines, then?

Aight, thanks for clearing that up.

Black star sapphire, less for any symbolism and more just because my colors are black and gold.

Bloodstone.

Harem jumpers, or just waifu jumpers in general, do you ever feel bad about breaking up a canon ship? Even if it's before they have a chance to get together at all?

Personally, I feel bad about going after Android 18 in DB Multiverse. I went for the Universe 8 version of her, but I generally made sure she and Krillin hooked up in every other Dragon Ball jump.

So as I was browsing the archives for that thread, I have to ask, what happened to Brows or Reploid? Also Manyfist, you were (and probably still are) a creepy motherfucker