Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Slow and Purposeful edition

Previous >Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5LdafkwUGLo?t=31s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's the verdict on the Typhus sculpt?

Be'lakor is the best.

I like it since I saw I could leave the fly shit off.

At jobbing.

Pose is bad, optional smoke n'shit is a good touch.

tourney fags are cancer

I don't know about you guys but I'm quite more hyped for the idea of Angron Demon Prince in some future than for Mortarion right now

Ad Mech codex when?
Also, are there any alternative paint jobs to ad mech available somewhere?

and whether its acceptable to play these guys as dark ad mech

Spartan with tarantulas deployed around it as a "fuck off" sign seem ok?

Why?
You already have the Bloodthirster, Angron is just more of the same shit.

It's too similar to the other Deathshroud.
If I didn't knew, I would have mistaken him for a Champion or something.

Was moving the story forward and introducing the primarchs a mistake?

Isn't Angron supposed to be a giant bloodthirster, like titan size?

What?
Do Tarantulas have a rule that prevent me from shooting the Spartan

Do you ever build a army for aesthetic purposes?

Been working on a DG list that centers heavily on sacred numbers and shapes.

About 1750 point ATM, including 3 blight haulers not on the deployment chart, intended to act as the Arrows of the symbol.

Jesus dude was 11 million not enough?

Moving the story forward not necessarily

But Primarchs yes, they are a mistake.

ADB described him as big as a warhound, but he's ADB and GW wouldn't make him that big.

Reposting from the dying thread for some more feedback. So I just read through the AdMech codex leak and I'm hella excited to actually start building my army, finally. I had put it off since 8th was releasing not soon after my initial interest. As far as buying stuff, I only have the start collecting box, an extra box of Skitarii, and an extra Onager.

So I'm looking through the Forgeworlds and I kinda can't decide which I like better. I'm torn between Lucius and Stygies VIII.

Lucius
Dogma: -1AP weapons become 0AP weapons
Trait: +1 Invuln
Stratagem: 1CP: Hold back a unit. At the end of any of your movement phases, deep strike them within 9" of the enemy.
Relic: One use 30" teleport shunt, staying 9" from the enemy.

Stygies VII
Dogma: -1 to hit if further than 12" from the enemy
Trait: +1 to hit vs. non-imperial and non-chaos armies
Stratagem: 1CP: Infiltrate a unit 9" from the enemy in deployment.
Relic: Roll a d6 at the end of each fight phase for each unit within 1". On a 4+ that unit takes a mortal wound.

I honestly can't decide, and it's not for like paint scheme. I'm doing my own thing anyway with cool volcanic bases.

I think that Stygies' dogma is insanely useful, but the rest of the kit is pretty lackluster. Yeah you can Infiltrate some heavy hitters into cover and pop people around, but I'm not convinced that's better than outright deepstriking where I want, when I want. Not to mention my Dominus can literally clear the board in a single move if he needs to go repair a fallen crawler or something.

Lucius' dogma is...okay? It definitely shows off the 'We have the best armor in any forge world'. But stygies can outright make your opponents retarded. At the same time, there's no 'within 12' for Lucius either.

It's like, wacky teleport aesthetics vs Stealth aesthetics basically. Both Forge worlds are probably the only two runners up to Mars and their Cawl gunline. They're both good, really.

>dumb action pose for nurgle model

HOLY FUCK YUCK!

Playing a 250 PP game with my buddy so he can test out all of his new DG toys. Should be fun but it'll definitely be the biggest game I've played in 8th. Looking forward to the inevitable Dante/Sang Guard vs Typhus/Deathshroud duel.

Yes, 40k is no longer about the Imperium. It's about Roboute Guileman.

That's fucking retarded holy shit I hate ADB so much

It's not that bad. We were stuck for years, it's hard to move, but im glad it's moving.

Better off getting LoC off eBay for like 10 bucks.

youtu.be/5LdafkwUGLo?t=31s

wasn't he also described as having like 5 bloodthirsters as his bodyguard?

Has there been any even semi-official word on if DG Daemon Princes can take wings or not?

Asked as last thread died.

Two land raiders or a spartan?

Or do I get some FW flyers and be that guy

It's ok if The Beast, Silent King, and other super units are added and separated into an "all-star mode" so normal games aren't a SHOOT IT WITH EVERYTHING WE GOT affair.

fucking horrible, I'll be using the old Typhus

2 land raiders, an excelsior and a crusader

A setting isn't a story, and it's stupid of them to be treating it as one.

There was no problem with the idea of setting stories further down the timeline, but "advancing the story" leads to idiocy.

>FW models

You are retarded.THERE IS FLUFF IN THE DAEMON CODEX ABOUT A DAEMON PRINCE SO BIG HE TAKES OVER THE SPACE OF A TOMB WORLD'S CORE.

But Angron being a little huge is too much and for no other reason but because ADB supposedly wrote it. That fucking racist mentality man.

It's right in their unit entry, they can take wings.

Denying the holocaust isn't cool dude

This is cool. Have you considered making a movement tray to fit them all on?

>A setting isn't a story, and it's stupid of them to be treating it as one.

They're not though.
They advanced the setting, but there's no universal story.

Double Land Raiders. It looks cooler.

>All other TT companies expand and advance their setting
>40Ktards : It's a setting not a story!

Only in 40K fandom do you spot this retardation.

Bullshit, the entire gathering storm and dark imperium arc treated the setting like one big story where Gulliman is the protagonist.

t. poorfag

I have, I miss having a wood shop to work in, a level router and a bandsaw would have me set up quick.

Anyone else toss close combat weapons on their sergeants that aren't in your actual list just for appearance?

>That fucking racist mentality man.
Hello Carnac, please give us another lesson how faith in anything is supposed to be a denial of logic.

No, a story was told that changed the setting, but the setting is not a story, it's a place that stories happen.

Any taufags mind giving me some advise? I want my cadre to be recon/fast assault and I have a bunch of pathfinders/breachers/stealthsuits so far, are ghostkeel good enough anti tank on their own? what kinds of HQs play to this style? Why arent Firesights HQs damn it

I advise you to learn proper english, then throw your models in the trash and get a better army.

It cut the Galaxy in half and restructured the imperium into Gulliman's pet project. If it was just individual stories in the setting we wouldn't have such retardation.

Yes. I do my models by rule of cool and sergeants need to stand out in the squad anyways.

Chaos or loyalist?

Is this a new tasty meme?
That looks like decent english to me

I won't throw my pearls to Xitan swine.

>mind giving me some advise

>ADB described him as big as a warhound

Where?

Stories can effect settings, but that doesn't mean the setting is a story.

Good because I just gave my Melta and combi-Melta tac squad sarge a power sword and there's no way that isn't just a waste of four points.

Not particularly. Making all the primarchs giant action figures was a bit of a mistake, though. Save that for the daemonic ones.

>phoneposting
fine, advice. No matter how hard you cry tau will always be here, get over it already

On the fucking dot everytime lmao
Honest question, why are you incapable of writing the compressed form of a word properly? Do you have dyslexia or a related disorder? Do you read "Chrisitan" everytime you see the word Christian or something? Is this connected to your rampant autistic schizophrenia?

The Emperor's Gift.

Typhus looks a lot nicer when you desaturate him, don't look at him from head on and de-emphasize the nurgling.

It's a fucking Galaxy with a ten thousand year period to set stories in. Treating it as something that needs a broad Galaxy wide change is a problem.

>he says while crying about the mean Veeky Forums man talking shit about his weeaboo army
top kek

He IS adorable standing on tippy toes trying to look commanding.

You can remove the nurgling completely fairly easily, going by the sprue pics.

I like it and will be using it. Will be leaving the flies and smoke off it, though.

>It's a fucking Galaxy with a ten thousand year period to set stories in.

And they can still do that, they can also advance it as they wish.

>Treating it as something that needs a broad Galaxy wide change is a problem.

Why? Because it hurts your butt?

And if a Xitan get a attitude. Pop it like it's hot, pop it like it's hot, pop it like it's hot

Any user's got CADIA STANDS PDF?

>conveniently ignores the question while deciding to strawman me as a christcuck instead
Typical Carnac. I consider my job here done.

No, I got the mobi.

Three contenders left, cast yer vote

Good conversion!

It looks like you'd just have to fill in the hole he'll leave on Typhus' leg and then cover up the hand that is left over on his armour, should be easy enough to make it look like some random fleshy bits.

Why are HHfags such manlets?

>tippy toes

His feet are planted though.

>he says while still memeing about a faction he was told to hate in order to fit in
LMAOing@urlife

I converted a Xitan to the light. Holy shit!

>str/t 4 vs str/t 5

>Primaris

My votes Russ Grey.

You didn't convert anyone lmao, I never was a christcuck. Not a shabbos goy atheist nigger like you and your idol though. Eat shit.

Because HH hasn't been Sigmarized yet

Chaos is a hell of a drug.

Aren't tentacles more a Tzeentch thing? Maybe Slaanesh overlap if it's a hentai thing.

>implying people hate taufags because they're trying to fit in and not because they genuinely are a shitty faction that attracts shitty players
Taufags, just as naive as their faction is in the lore.

You can just scrape the arm off.

Ans that puts him a head lower than his subordinate

It seems very popular on Veeky Forums at least 4 other have done it, as an added bonus, it gives me a awesome Icon of Nugle for my PM squad.

>Remove the Nurgling
Removing one one Nurgle's little pretties....
The fuck is wrong with you?

The blue

No need for thanks, my enlightened friend. Seeing the chains of the true Corpse God fall from mind of a fellow human bean is reward enough.

Fuck yeah, Angron has the potential to be the coolest primarch yet.

He can walk.

>Aren't tentacles more a Tzeentch thing?

No, they're a general Chaos thing.

Is there still any possibility to the rumor of a new Great Unclean One in the near future?

What are the parts used though?

>this is what carnac ACTUALLY BELIEVES
Holy shit I didn't come here to have my sides obliterated hahhahahhahahaha

>moving the story forward
No
>introducing the primarchs
Yes. They're a black hole that sucks in all creativity and warps the setting around them, devaluing almost every other character by dint of existing.

And yet they don't really fit Nurgle or Khorne very well.