Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1763: We Still Have SOME Standards Edition

Techpill
Techpill

Google Drive
http://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

Jumpchain IRC Chat
https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
http://kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

How to Jumpchain
http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

Last Thread
/tg/thread/55549183#p55549183

All urls found in this thread:
http://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0
https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
http://kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn
http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDeG83djNleEEtZXc?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fILUAGw2mE
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-M9W94JArKEYu9Sx9vjni89-nAI_taBj9yLgCP0kUF4/edit?usp=sharing
https://media.oglaf.com/comic/labyrinth.jpg
http://www.realmshelps.net/monsters/templates/spellwarped.shtml
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzmFEDNWTO8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzK8kIauGaI&feature=youtu.be&t=3m3s
DeathDog
DeathDog

@Techpill
We Still Have SOME Standards Edition
what are those supposed to be?

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

@DeathDog
Not being on /qst/, mostly.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

@DeathDog
I was gonna say not being on /r9k/ or /b/ but @haveahappyday
is technically right.

/tg/thread/55549183#p55554499
was she 'heroic' enough to be in Throne of Heroes

The Chaldea system doesn't give a flaming fuck about the Throne of Heroes at this point. A cup of noodles qualified. Caster Giles' yearning for an ideal waifu qualified. Thomas "literally lion headed" Edison qualifies because the Presidents of the USA apparently have their own private Throne of Heroes.

And if you mash a human and a Divine Spirit together hard enough, it'll basically shrug and give that a pass too. It doesn't even have to be full-on identity death; Quetz waltzed in as a full Divine Spirit by being summoned in a human woman as a host, and Artemis literally piggybacked on Orion when you summoned him.

WebTool
WebTool

Can i punch Obito from Naruto with my armament Haki?

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Jump #417: Alterworld D. Rus
Six of Pentacles (Success), reversed: Overconfidence, bad investments, and imprudent handing of acquired wealth.
Background: Perma Mode
Class: Magus
Race: Human
Don't Need No Map (Free, Perma)
So in addition to having perks that act as automap systems, I can add maps that I SEE to my internal mapping. How handy.
Divine Fire (800, Perma)
Note to self: give every single NPC life, they kind of deserve free will.
Godslayer (500, Perma)
Being able to refuse divine quests and alterations by said deities is probably pretty crucial in this world.
Patent (300)
It's nice to be able to automagically collect commissions on anything built with or from my designs.
Astral Mana Dispersal (0)
It is a good thing that I have a truly, truly hilarious amount of mana, or else draining magic from things would worry me a bit. And having it happen in five second increments, so I have time to cut myself off, is useful.

So.

Uh.

I kind of accidentally started a virtual war in a virtual world.

It turns out you actually should NOT suddenly bestow self-awareness upon every NPC in the game, because ennui is dangerous and greed moreso.

Seriously, things went so wrong here that I just don't want to talk about it.

@WebTool
Why would you want to do that? Tobi is a good boy.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@WebTool
No, Obito's body isn't actually there when he does his phasing trick. Armament Haki is for hitting people (or at least Devil Fruit users) even if their body has weird properties.

iluvmen
iluvmen

@PackManBrainlure
You wouldn't want to summon Justeaze to learn about the Third Magic anyway, considering the entire reason the Heaven's Feel Ritual is a thing in the first place was because she doesn't actually know jack shit about it.

Inmate
Inmate

@Nude_Bikergirl
that makes sense, thanks
So i could punch Kitty Pride but not him

.@Raving_Cute
Tobi is a good boy
just because you had a bad past doesn't give you excuses to be a cunt

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

No F/GO scenario today

Sad

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

@Nude_Bikergirl
if he isn't actually there, not even imagine breaker would work since you wouldn't be able to actually hit him...

Is Obitos Kamui the best phasing power in the chain?

SniperWish
SniperWish

@PackManBrainlure
It's not actually phasing, is it? Isn't it actually teleportation with an illusory component?

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@PackManBrainlure
No, that would be the one in Generic Creepypasta, presumably.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

Just in case Val shows up, would Summoning EX let me create Phantoms or equivalent spirits from urban legends and stuff for the purpose of the Phantom of the Order perk?

JunkTop
JunkTop

@iluvmen
Then just summon an OC of the original True Magic user. It actually makes way more sense to summon them anyway rather then a disembodied soul trapped in a fucking wish granting cup.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

@lostmypassword
Still 5 hours left on my side user. I will start slowing down from tomorrow, since I'm starting to get into ideas that take more time and heavier schoolwork but you'll still get one today.

@AwesomeTucker
Phantoms themselves? nah. Similar things? Probably.

5mileys
5mileys

@CodeBuns
Phantoms themselves? nah. Similar things? Probably.
Hey Val, the wikia says that Shakespeare and Anderson are capable of fabricating Phantoms.
Is there any way to represent this using Servant Supplement purchases?

TreeEater
TreeEater

@5mileys
Maybe a rehash of Assassin (Zero) Skill + Noble Phantasm set?

Bidwell
Bidwell

@5mileys
Are they? Well, probably have to be a Noble Phantasm of some kind if it's not one of their Skills.

idontknow
idontknow

@Bidwell
Hey Val, would the original user of Heaven's Feel be valid as a Servant for F/SN, and if so, what rank would you give True Magic as an NP?

Skullbone
Skullbone

@idontknow
Pretty sure Justeaze is already one and I wouldn't have it be buyable at all. Maybe for Grands but not for a normal Servant.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@Skullbone
Justeaze isn't a Servant actually, at least officially she isn't, though that doesn't mean she couldn't be. Though I wasn't talking about her so much as the unnamed original holder from over a thousand years ago back before the Third Magic was lost, since Justeaze wouldn't know anything about the Third Magic, that doesn't change the ruling though.

TreeEater
TreeEater

@CouchChiller
i can't find the generic creepypasta jump on the drive

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@PackManBrainlure
not even Imagine Break
i'd argue that point actually. We have seen it interfere with teleportation, and it would be in contact with something supernatural, which it would negate. if Tobi is fully gone, the illusion would vanish, if he is only partially gone, i'd say the 'line' where he teleports would vanish, leaving him with a hole in his body

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@TreeEater
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDeG83djNleEEtZXc?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc

massdebater
massdebater

@Boy_vs_Girl
thanks

RavySnake
RavySnake

@lostmypassword
Can you summon a Servant with no myth? I think the closest things are the Hassans, but they're incomplete Servants or something.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

Just a short one this time.

The Hashshashin scenario is ready. Covering every Hassan, from the newbie to the Old Man himself.

I likely won't post one tomorrow, since I'll be away most of the day at school and tired when I get back, but I'll still try to get one out.

farquit
farquit

@RavySnake
There's ((Sasaki)) (((Kojiro))), who's a wraith based on another potential Servant. And of course EMIYA, whose myth happens long after the Grail War he was summoned to.

happy_sad
happy_sad

Jumpers!

Have you ever changed a setting's genre or tone?

Methshot
Methshot

@happy_sad
all the time
i make everything light-hearted comedy

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

@happy_sad
Every setting can be a lewd setting, if you just believe.

Supergrass
Supergrass

@Garbage Can Lid
Thanks for the scenarios

Also, good luck with your stuff!

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

How dangerous is the Overlord (the series) jump?
Is it a relatively save jump for an early chain?

I can guess from the Powerdescriptions that there are some high powered mages/heroes, but in how much trouble am i in if i jump there overall (is there a war or will i be hunted down)?

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

@Garbage Can Lid
Fate Grand Order Scenarios.pdf
How many Events are left for the Part 1 of your FGO jump?

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

@Harmless_Venom
However many I can think of or are suggested to me.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

@Lord_Tryzalot
What are you working on right now?

5mileys
5mileys

@Stark_Naked
If you're a level 100, only Players/gods would be able to beat you. You'll only have to worry about upsetting Ainz or any of the NPCs he directs. There's also a Dragon Lord you probably want to avoid if you're a non-native

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

@happy_sad
I made Mount and blade into a sci-fi setting via out of context technology and properties that travel with you.

Methnerd
Methnerd

@SomethingNew
Update for Seven Deadly Sins at the current moment, but a bunch of other things too.

RumChicken
RumChicken

@Stark_Naked
Assuming you are going to purchase Level 100 or you are already on that level, not much of a threat.

Locals
There are a few super-powers that could pose a threat to you. Mainly Dragons Lords (who are only hostile to Players and the only surviving ones from the last war are either hiding in either the sky or some deep cavern and won't interfere with you unless you mess with them), and Nazarick.

You can get on Nazarick's good side by paying 100 CP if you are so worried. They are not exactly nice guys (some of them are demons and human eating monsters), but they are not so far from what this world has to offer, and Ainz is trying to build an empire where those things stop being so common.

Player
You have the enemity of the Dragons, the Slane Theocracy (a nation founded by now deceased players, still has some pretty good equipment, some player-descendants with high levels and at least a WCI with the power of mind-control), and Nazarick's interest.

The 100 CP option to become an ally of Nazarick seems much more needed here, since Ainz was pretty eager to test how the respawn thing would work and he isn't willing to do that on himself. Showing yourself as a player will also gain the enemity of the NPCs on some way.

Player and Supreme Being
Not really much of a threat level here. Both Dragons and the ST are still a thing, but considering the number of assets that you have and that you live in an impenetrable fortress of the size of multiple cities, it's not that much of a problem.

@Garbage Can Lid
Training the Hassans
Finally I get to use those teacher perks from Dragon Ball and Generic Xianxia

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

@Garbage Can Lid
Will King Hassan use his insta-kill abilities during the duel?

@Methnerd
Has the work on Anime Nazis already begun?

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

@CodeBuns
No, he's there to test you, not kill you. That said, he's badass enough to shut down a perma Noon mode Gawain when he wasn't a Grand and he's in full Grand glory here, so you're going to be in for a big fight.

Long since begun, it's just not to fluffing stage yet. Am almost ready for that though.

King_Martha
King_Martha

@Deadlyinx
which properties?

massdebater
massdebater

@RumChicken
@5mileys
thanks. Sounds good. I was going to take heroes realm and level 100 anyway. With some other of the really great perks in there i'm sure to survive then

my build

background
local: non heteromorphic races: angel -300
Magic caster –free

perks:
Innate talent: Physical powerhouse, magical powerhouse, use any magic item -300
Realm of heroes -free
Level 100 -600
Arcane caster –free

items:
(+200 cp for items; discount on any one item)
The ring of elru -400

drawbacks:
Embroiled in politics +200
Foreigner +100
Bandit woes +100

Playboyize
Playboyize

@King_Martha
an ancient song tower I've been growing for a long time that maintains its height by being part of my animal Crossing town, some space-based manufacturing facilities, the library of Alexandria University of Illinois combo from civilization

Emberfire
Emberfire

@Methnerd
Just to confirm, if I buy a Servant with CP in Fate/GO and upgrade them to a Grand in the Scenario, I'd have to repurchase their Skills and Noble Phantasms before I could upgrade them, right?

Like, say, they got Mana Burst B from being a normal Servant, I'd still have to pay up to B rank before I could upgrade to A, right? With the same going for upgrading a NP from B to A?

@Garbage Can Lid
Also, could we, uh, refuse certain of the Zabaniyas with the last option of the scenario? I'd rather not get Cursed Arm-senpai's arm or Hundred Faces' MPD. Serenity's poison body is... negotiable.

DeathDog
DeathDog

@Emberfire
Yes. That said, even buying on the same rank for NPs would likely net you something far, far stronger. But yeah, you need to buy separately.

Yeah, you can choose to not get some of them if you like. Heck, if you want, you can have it be that you just have the knowledge to create those techniques within yourself and can choose which to go through with.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

@DeathDog
Yes. That said, even buying on the same rank for NPs would likely net you something far, far stronger. But yeah, you need to buy separately.
Fair enough, I suppose.

Yeah, you can choose to not get some of them if you like. Heck, if you want, you can have it be that you just have the knowledge to create those techniques within yourself and can choose which to go through with.
Alright, thanks. Some of these I found on the wiki are pretty interesting, but the Hassans we see don't seem to like them very much themselves.

RumChicken
RumChicken

If He_Who_Writes is here, I have a Digimon Adventure question. What does Unquenchable Animus do, specifically? It reads like something I would want, but I'm not quite grokking it.

Illusionz
Illusionz

Hey YJ_Anon, what sort of ranges do the super sight and super hearing have from single purchases in Young Justice?

massdebater
massdebater

@RumChicken
Is boobmon over there actually in that jump or would that have to be a different jump?

Asking for a friend

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

How many o you jumpers can singlehandedly take down both the Justice League and Avengers in this picture?

If you can then what methods will you use to do so?

@Lord_Tryzalot
However many I can think of or are suggested to me.
Thanks Val, you and Bee need a beeg hug

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@kizzmybutt
I probably could with magical social-fu, bewitching and mind-control. I'd have to work from the inside as a heroine though, it probably wouldn't work if they considered me an enemy from the start.

Which hero is the most resistant to Charm? Martian Manhunter? I might have to trap that one in a crystal casing or something.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

@CouchChiller
Why is that the best one? What's special about it?

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@CouchChiller

magical social-fu
What kind will you use, must have plenty of options to be considering this one

Which hero is the most resistant to Charm?

Hal also has good defences considering he is a GL, Zatanna might if she has time to prepare, Batman at times (depends on writer)

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@Skullbone
Maybe for Grands but not for a normal Servant.
Does that mean you could buy True Magic as a skill/NP if you take the scenario to become a Grand Servant?

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

@Illusionz
I asked about that when I made my build for it and YJ_Anon was updating it for his ruling, have his quotes on it:

For hearing, I'd say around 5 miles, with each additional purchase adding around another 5 miles of "coverage". Whispers you would stop being able to hear at around the 3~4 mile range, so at around that level for each purchase would be where you stop hearing whispers, (8~9 for the second purchase, 13~14 for the third, etc.) with you being able to hear pretty much everything above a whisper in the miles before that.

Sight is a bit harder to quantify, but at the first level you would be able to see things at a microscopic level when you're holding it directly in front of your face, and still be able to make out fine details (like writing) at around 100 miles. Things increase from there, and because of how eyes work you're going to be able to see things much better at any distance- while you might not be able to make out celestial objects from outside of our solar system, for example, you could probably spot, say, Neptune in the night sky, and see much more than other people can with the naked eye.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@kizzmybutt
Well-

DC's The Trinity

-okay no, throwing this one. One does not simply get the Superman Thought Robot's attention.

In all seriousness though, the Justice League is miles more terrifying on an individual basis than the Avengers. Because the Avengers cap out at planetbusting before superscience, and I don't see Strange or Quicksilver there so that leaves Thor pulling double duty as magic expert and speedster.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

@massdebater
Lilithmon got added in later generations, but unless Adventure excludes Digimon outside from the first few generations, you can probably get her. She's a mega level Digimon, so you can probably do a line like-

Salamon -> BlackGatomon -> LadyDevimon -> Lilithmon.

5mileys
5mileys

@massdebater
I don't think Lilithmon was in Adventure, but you could probably get her by just going up the right Digivolution tree.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

@DeathDog
Hey Val, you said you were redoing Fate/Extra right? Any chance of us getting a shot at Ea? I know we could get it using out of jump powers but, the idea of getting it legitimately would feel nice. Maybe we best Gil or befriend him and he hands it over to us as a sign of the only friend besides Enkidu he will ever have in life, or something I dunno.

Supergrass
Supergrass

@Fried_Sushi
As an EX NP, probably.

@Carnalpleasure
Yeah, that's probably not going to happen in Extra of all things. I don't mind taking suggestions, even when it's clear it's just for one thing, but they do need to make sense.

In Legends maybe but Extra's not really going to focus on Gil in terms of scenarios.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@Supergrass
As an EX NP, probably.
Neat. Would anything by getting it from that jump instead of Fate/Stay Night, or are both options the same?

King_Martha
King_Martha

@kizzmybutt
How many o you jumpers can singlehandedly take down both the Justice League and Avengers in this picture?

All of them figthing together at the same time? Are they prepared for my attack? Do they know who i am? With the intent to kill them or just stun.

To survive i need some good anti-plot armor; anti fate perks
then i'll clone myself and let several clones do several things like

I'd attack Zatanna and scarlet witch first (knock both out with physical force/telekinesis immediately before anyone has time to react or otherwise make it unable for them to speak/use hand signs)
then vision and martian manhunter (FIRE lots of fire)
then Green lantern and flash (use my own speed to take green lanterns ring and then break the flashes legs with telekinesis or a well placed kick)
Take away all their weapons with super speed (including Mjölnir, yes)

i can phase through the rest of their attacks and take them one by one

Won't be easy, but i think i can do it

Soft_member
Soft_member

@Stark_Naked
Thanks.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

@Boy_vs_Girl
Assuming you're asking if it'd be any better or worse then the FSN option, it'd be better in that you'd likely have a few years of training in it but that's pretty much all.

takes2long
takes2long

@King_Martha
It's more efficient to redirect Mjolnir with really, really, really powerful or at least unique Asgardian magic (Hela is the only one who seems to be able to do it on a regular basis) unless you have a perk like Use Any Magic Item.

likme
likme

@takes2long
unless you have a perk like Use Any Magic Item.
i do and i've wielded (my version) of Mjölnir before

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

@kizzmybutt
Most Jumpers? I mean, once you are on planet/continent destroying levels, most versions of those groups would get blasted away.

So, anyone with
Dragon Ball Z/AF/GT/Multiverse
God of High School
Dragon Maid
Saint Seiya
High School DxD
Ultraman
Gurren Lagann (with unlocked Spiral Energy scenarios)

Should be able to do it. Then we can add lots of hax from multiple jumps that are nigh-impossible to defend without in-jump means.

Skullbone
Skullbone

@happy_sad
I briefly turned Pokemon into a Survival Horror.

Team Snagem took my partner. There is no longer a Team Snagem.

Emberburn
Emberburn

@King_Martha
If you can phase through attacks, why do you care about Flash?

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

@Emberburn
because speedforce bullshit was repeatedly shown to negate even the weirdes phasing powers (sometimes when it's convenient and other times not when it's inconvenient)

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@kizzmybutt
Would all of them falling asleep to a giant sleep or coma if I need to spell count? Sometimes you don't even need to fight.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@kizzmybutt
I'm basically a god in both of their universes with both marvel magic and DC occult

i could take them, yes

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

@lostmypassword
Both teams have beaten gods.

Firespawn
Firespawn

@PurpleCharger
would be possible that the magic inclined heroes have some sort of automated response or general resistance to that

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@Carnalpleasure
i know
and i know that i need some perks that let me beat plot-armor protected MCs, but i'm rather powerful with those two jumps alone, without even mentioning my other jumps (well i should mention Master of Magic for the "i am the fortress" combo with "dimension lord", "tower of fate" and "Hell lord")

girlDog
girlDog

@Firespawn
I thought about that. Also wondered about the robots/androids/whatever they are. But heroes rarely seem to take precautions against that sort of thing. Might take more power for the magicians if they have passive defenses, but not even Superman, who knows it is a vulnerability of his, actually does anything about resisting magic except in very rare cases.

If it doesn't work then I'd have to try something else but I like the idea of everyone getting ready for a climactic fight and then they all fall asleep.

likme
likme

@kizzmybutt
What if you just blow up the planet, DBZ style?

I mean, it's more like you flipped over the game board than anything, but they still lose even if you don't win.

Evilember
Evilember

@girlDog
don't use magic
Just sing them a nice song with your Jigglypuff alt-form and draw penises on their faces once they sleep

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@likme
you'd still have to fight 4-8 (depending on their versions/reaction time) of them in space

JunkTop
JunkTop

@Nude_Bikergirl
i should mention Master of Magic for the "i am the fortress" combo with "dimension lord", "tower of fate" and "Hell lord"

what combo is that?

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

@JunkTop
I am the Fortress lets you draw on places of power as if you're there, and you can merge the Dimension Lord dimension with the hell dimension from Hell Lord, and put the Tower of Fate inside that, then align yourself with the tower in the merged dimensions and be just as powerful everywhere else as you would be if you where there.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

@Sir_Gallonhead
How much of a boost even is that?

Emberfire
Emberfire

@JunkTop
see @Sir_Gallonhead

it gives you the combined power of classic Dr. Fate, Princess Amethyst (some magical loli who defended her realm against the spectre) and Mephisto in his own realm, ready to use anywhere you want

It's one of the most OP combos in the chain.

You should also take "Elder God Hybrid" from marvel magic and take 1/16th sayjan from dragonball GT. The result is yet another near-omnipotent background

5mileys
5mileys

@Emberfire
I'm not sure the Dimension Lord / Princess Amethyst part of the combo is going to work out. That perk doesn't make you powerful while you're in the dimension, it just gives you control over the magical energy of the dimension. Keeping this boost outside of the dimension isn't really a big deal because the energy is still locked away inside.

Inmate
Inmate

@Carnalpleasure
like @Emberfire
said, you're like classic Dr. Fate being in his tower, Amethyst being in Gemworld and Mephisto being in Hell all together somehow.
With all the magic boosting/enhancing/hax stuff the average jumper gets throughout the cain (like the "Eye of Set" from sword an sorcery "magic must defeat magic" from Jackie Chan or "warrying walock" from JY...

SniperWish
SniperWish

@5mileys
I think the idea is you could draw on the magic of the dimension as if you were still in it, even though you're not.

Don't know if it would work, probably up to personal interpretation.

w8t4u
w8t4u

@5mileys
Sure, but your dimension, especially combined with the Hell lord dimension is filled to the brim with magic
Expand your realm even further, by combining it with the generic creepypasta dimension or SCP2400 and you have an infinite dimension of magic (if your magic is still not enough you should build some factories that create mana or something)

Emberfire
Emberfire

@kizzmybutt
say get real (Jonny Test)
shoot them all

JunkTop
JunkTop

@w8t4u
I think it's importantl to note the difference between "lots of magic and magic production" and "infinite magic". Arbitrarily large =/= endless. (Not that a determined Jumper couldn't set up infinite magic, it's just not as easy a task as you're painting).

@SniperWish
That's fair. If people want to fanwank themselves as all powerful through convenient interpretations of perks, then power to them.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

/tg/thread/55549183#p55553603
Will be back later with the skill and np write-ups.
Alrighty, back and ready to write out the most terrifying Scáth I've ever mulled over to date.

Servant Name
Scáthatch
Class
Berserker
Template
Bride
Parameters
Str - A
End - A+
Agi - A
Man - C
Lck - E-
NP - EX
Class Skills
Madness Enhancement - EX
It all started with a single thought, "This place...it is lonely."

With that thought came a single realization, "Today...I remember, it was Uathatch's anniversary with her husband..."

With that thought in mind, a change came over the stoic Queen of Castle Dun Scáith, and though it was impossible to see it on her face and in her demeanour, the air around her changed from the impossible existence to one of a desperate huntress. Though her pride and training did not allow her to show it, the Teacher of Ireland's heroes realized that she was in a crisis.

SHE HAD NEVER BEEN MARRIED!

Was she "Used Goods"? Did men really like the older experienced types?! What of those women that flocked around each one of her students!?! How did they gain their attention!!!?

SHE NEEDED TO KNOW!

Once again though, her Pride and Training centred her.

She could not just lay with any man, there were far too many weaklings that could end up hurting her Reputation after all. She needed to know how strong a man was, but none could reach her Castle anymore, no, she needed to find the perfect man, one she could mold into her strong and powerful husband.

Yes.

Leaving Castle Dun Scáith behind in the vestments of the Bride, Scáthatch had one goal in mind and only one.

Her husband was waiting somewhere for her and she will find him.
[01 / 02]

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

@PackManBrainlure
Personal Skills
Thighs of Warrior Queen - A+ [She has never really placed much, if any Pride in her appearance. As she learned what meant to be a Bride, her self-awareness had come out in full force. Not a mark will be left on her body. Neither will she quit until she has found her Husband] (think Battle Continuation meets Regeneration)
Wedding Vows - C [Robbed of her higher reasoning, she believes the Runes she weaves are nothing more than Wedding Vows, in truth, they have a variety of binding and sealing effects, chief of which is the Ath nGabla she lays on her target to prevent his escape]
Wisdom of the Celebration Hall - B [The battle prowess she had gained over the years were twisted by her single-minded wish into what she believes to be a dance between newly-wedded, to be considered her true new husband, a man must survive this fatal dance]
Noble Phantasms
Gates of the Threshold - EX
Once Scáthatch has confirmed the male she battled with is a proper husband candidate, she summons the Gates of Dun Scáith and carries him within, to be hers until the day he truly perishes. This Noble Phantasm is only ever used in conjunction with another.
Soaring Bouquet - B+
Berserker carries with her a bouquet of odd flowers, and though they seem to be nothing more than freshly plucked specimens of an unknown species of flower, she unknowningly utilizes the bouquet as a weapon in her 'dance' with her new husband. However, it is only truly invoked when she summons the Gates. As is tradition, the newly wed bride must toss the bouquet to those present so that her good fortune could be passed on. However, throwing this undoes the transformation that Berserker unknowningly placed on it.

The Soaring Bouquet explodes into a storm of the legendary Gae Bolga and as she walks into the Gates with her beloved, the cries of pain and anguish are akin to the cheers for the newly wed couple.
[02 / 02]

whereismyname
whereismyname

@JunkTop
"lots of magic and magic production" and "infinite magic". Arbitrarily large =/= endless.

sure, but here's the basic combo:
-"Aeon Paragon" and "dark star generator" from supreme commander generator. One produces resources, output scaling with demand; the other is a well for infinite energy.
-"universal adapter" from storm hawks. Transforms any form of energy into another one you want, no matter how strange and esotheric, but with lower efficiency rates the weirder it gets (aka turn heat to electricity at 90% efficiency. Turn electricity to Mana at 2% efficiency)
-"hydra blueprints" from MCU. Combine all your technologies together

you now have a generator that produces as much energy you want (no matter what energy) and delivers it in an instant.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@Nude_Bikergirl

One does not simply get the Superman Thought Robot's attention.

Gotta remove ultraman superhattan and the monitor so it wont happen then

@King_Martha
All of them figthing together at the same time?
Yes

Are they prepared for my attack?
Up to you

Do they know who i am?
Up to you

With the intent to kill them or just stun.
Either is fine

@TurtleCat
speedforce bullshit was repeatedly shown to negate even the weirdes phasing powers

I recall in jldark n52 he managed to touch spirits

@Deadlyinx
Dragon Maid

What perk?

@PurpleCharger
falling asleep to a giant sleep or coma if I need to spell count?

Sure, be dr destiny

@Evilember
Just sing them a nice song with your Jigglypuff alt-form and draw penises on their faces once they sleep

Best way to win

@likme
What if you just blow up the planet, DBZ style?
If they survive things will get nasty

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

@Raving_Cute
Gotta remove ultraman superhattan and the monitor so it wont happen then

I'm pretty sure the damn thing exists outside of causality, which makes sneak existence wipes really hard.

TreeEater
TreeEater

@whereismyname
for optimum efficiency you should have one of those generators in your realm and use miniaturization perks and cyborg/upgrade perks to integrate one of those generators into your body.

be careful not to explode

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

@TreeEater
@whereismyname
right, i forgot:

"the laws are mine" from Van Helsing might be necessary to circumvent the law of conservation of energy.
Otherwise you migth produce an infinite amount of heat any time you draw upon an infinite amount of energy and the conversion rate isn't 100%

If you don't use that, it's the perfect universe-collapsing bomb though

Booteefool
Booteefool

@SomethingNew
the damn thing exists outside of causality, which makes sneak existence wipes really hard.

Iirc from final crisis thats true but you can remove the pilots who are not outside of time

You might also need 3d goggles

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

@New_Cliche
it's the perfect universe-collapsing bomb though
Never know when that might come in handy.

Inmate
Inmate

So I'm really tempted to switch to souls to power my shit. Any other alternatives?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fILUAGw2mE

TLDR: a soul is worth about 654 terrajoules of energy.

Playboyize
Playboyize

@Inmate
Film theory a shit

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

@Inmate
a soul is worth about 654 terrajoules of energy.
believing Film Theory over FMAs God

a soul has immeasurable energy

WebTool
WebTool

@New_Cliche
Universal collapsing bomb

Hi Owlman.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@Burnblaze
Immeasurable is just shorthand for 654 terajoules.
Like a crapton is short for a lot.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@CouchChiller
crapton is short for a lot
when crapton is the longer word
Your analogy's a bit off the mark, user.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

@Inmate
Magic? It's really, really easy to set up perpetual motion machines.

Also, his calculations are shit. There's no reason to think each of the Homunculi has 1/14th of Father because of Virtue/Sin stuff, and Lust would've been expending loads of energy before ever meeting Mustang.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@WebTool
eh, more like "Hi Professor Farnsworth"
Owlmans bomb was multi-dimensional. This one would be just universal i guess

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

@Inmate
magic and the power cosmic

everything else is irrelevant

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

@BinaryMan
'Off the mark' is just short for 'On the button'. True it's only short by 1 letter, but some people are lazy.

iluvmen
iluvmen

Classic Sonic question. Other than moving another 120mph faster, is there a benefit to buying Super Speed if you already have Fastest Thing Alive with The Blessing of the Little Planet's boost?

Is Digger even around to answer this?

Methshot
Methshot

@iluvmen
>Is Digger even around to answer this?
So long as you believe in him, he shall always be with you in spirit, user.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

@WebTool
it doesn't matter
that line made no fucking sense at all. I get he's a nihilistic emo, but he said himself, that destroying the multiverse would be the only act that would matter/had purpose. If there's even the slimest chance of survival (if he's also Batmans equivalent in bad-guy plot armour he'd somehow get off the planet), then it does matter if he gives up or not. He won't live to see the day where he gets to do something that does matter

or maybe he meant "it doesn't matter. Some other version of me will succeed"

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

Tell me about your alien romance bullshit.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

@VisualMaster
alien romance
i'm in love with purging xenos, does that count?

hairygrape
hairygrape

On a scale of 0 to 10, how bad is Circe as a waifu?

Evilember
Evilember

@VisualMaster

Thanks to Angel Notes+Wadanohara i am currently trying to marry Gallifrey, shes not quite like earth but shes warm and good for headpats

StonedTime
StonedTime

@Stupidasole
Purging

happy_sad
happy_sad

@Carnalpleasure
it doesn't matter. Some other version of me will succeed

This is what he probably meant. He realized that his actions were pointless because another version of himself would've saved themself. He was also a super edgy nihilistic asshole. In the end nothing matters, according to him.

Bidwell
Bidwell

@Carnalpleasure
What @Inmate
said, but also each of the boosts stack. For example, the Tower of Fate make your Dr. Fate level if you are a regular human. If you are already Dr. Fate level's, the boost is even greater.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@hairygrape
1/10

She MIGHT not murder you in your sleep, but will definitely turn you into an animal.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@StonedTime
Humans and quarians being so similar was a weird way to go.

Then again quarian ass is nice.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@hairygrape
pig transformation/10

StonedTime
StonedTime

Anyone know some more companions like Four Elements from Weakness of Beatrice or that perk for two personalities in Majikoi? I like the idea of some companions living inside of me.

No chestbursters do not count.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

looking forward to seeing you all on /qst/ when you get purged with the rest of the non-general threads.

WebTool
WebTool

@VisualMaster
I got into a relationship with the Mother Goddess from Harvest Moon once. Not sure if that counts.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@Stupidasole
the rest of the non-general threads.

Jumpchain general soon

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@StonedTime
Let's see... There's the spirit from Avatar: LoK, the Symbiote from Symbiote, Demi-Servant in any of the Fate jumps that have the option, the Coadjutor in Exalted: Infernals?

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

@Evil_kitten
This outfit is a magical one in that it is able to form itself out of any el-
ement you can control or the four basic elements of fire, water, wind or earth
Do you pick it once and it stays that forever or can you reform it out of other elements if you want?

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@StonedTime
Inside Out maybe? Can't remember if we have a thing for that in there though.

Soft_member
Soft_member

@CodeBuns
You can change the element it's made of, I asked Val some time ago. Assuming you're talking about Frozen's Power Clothes?

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

@Soft_member
Yeah. Thanks.

RavySnake
RavySnake

Anyone manage to do writefagging for the Forgotten Realms jump?

Bare bones as it is I'm having trouble coming up with anything.

massdebater
massdebater

@RavySnake
Let your drawbacks inspire you.

happy_sad
happy_sad

Is anyone working on a SpaceTrawler jump?

Techpill
Techpill

/tg/thread/55549183#p55550797
The spear isn't more practical than the sword. Rather, they both serve different purposes and are better at different things.

There's a reason the sword lasted such a long time, even long into the era of guns. For cavalry fighting, ship boarding, anti-pike tactics, and armor-piercing (though swords as armor piercing are a compromise) you wanted a sword over a spear.

Why? Thrusting weapons on horseback are unwieldly and dangerous, tearing you from horseback if you get stuck. Once cavalry fighting became more about skirmish than charging, you wanted a sword. For ships, fighting was close quarters and you needed to be maneuverable, so big thrust weapons are a liability. As an anti-pike, spears aren't long enough to beat a pike, so you want a huge sword to cleave through the wooden handles. And for armor piercing, while blunt weapons and picks are superior, the sword can be maneuvered to pierce between joints more easily than spears, can be used to bash, and still has its cutting ability for use against unarmed opponents. So as armor improved, spears saw less use for knights.

That's not to say the sword replaced the spear in everything, though. That was the polearms and pikes, who did what spears do but better. Rather, the sword evolved from being a mere sidearm to being the main weapon in several niches as tactics and combat became more advanced and specialized.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

HHG2G Jump when?

SniperGod
SniperGod

@RavySnake
Not really... I ditched Orcus in the Abyss, and then spend 70 years playing invisible dragon guardian for Drizzt.

So, basically the Drizzt story, except at some points his opposition is simply cooked by superheated steam from nowhere or a variety of random magic helps him out.

WebTool
WebTool

@Sharpcharm
IDKWTI

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@WebTool
HHG2G
google says hitch hikers guide to the galaxy

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

@RavySnake
I did a little bit for my Restarted!Chain, but I was never really happy with it. I never managed to nail down the tone I wanted for the Jump because, honestly, the Jump feels like a power grab. I regretted adding it into my chain later. If you want to take a look, I've included a link.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-M9W94JArKEYu9Sx9vjni89-nAI_taBj9yLgCP0kUF4/edit?usp=sharing

All I can suggest is explore the lore of the world and see if something strikes you to latch onto. Then run with it from there.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

@Crazy_Nice
I was as much commenting on the obnoxious abbreviation as asking about it

TechHater
TechHater

@Sharpcharm
great comment bro

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

@TechHater
Thanks, I've been up all night working on it.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

Do we have any perks that let you live without a soul?

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@Dreamworx
perks that let you live without a soul?
Robot altforms since they generally dont have em?

Spamalot
Spamalot

@Dreamworx
live without a soul

Be a robot.

5mileys
5mileys

@Dreamworx
maybe the one from Ghost Rider? Doesn't it mean your soul essentially becomes a non entity?

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@Dreamworx
Be a ginger?

Firespawn
Firespawn

@kizzmybutt
To high a price for any sane user to pay.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@Firespawn
Sanity is for the weak and ginger!

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

So I jumped all three Star wars jumps but I didn't get a single Lightsaber, I'm not quite sure but I should be able to make my own right? As a Jedi I should be able to forge my own crystals right?

Illusionz
Illusionz

@Nude_Bikergirl
@Spamalot
I mean, more along the line of being able to have your soul destroyed, or sold, or given away, and live on just fine.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@Ignoramus
You start with a lightsaber in KOTOR.

takes2long
takes2long

@Ignoramus
So I jumped all three Star wars jumps but I didn't get a single Lightsaber
laughingspacejesuitbudhists.force

As a Jedi I should be able to forge my own crystals right?
continuedlaughter.lhx

TechHater
TechHater

@Ignoramus
This is covered in the Star Wars supplement.
In other words, RTFM.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

@Ignoramus
He went to Star Wars and Didn't get even one single Lightsaber.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

@TechHater
RTFM
Raunchy Turtles Fuck Mascarpone?

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@Boy_vs_Girl
It's not written anywhere except in the drop-in option
@TechHater
Thanks, I skipped that for some reason.

King_Martha
King_Martha

@Firespawn
where do you find these mythical "sane" anons?

takes2long
takes2long

@Garbage Can Lid
Notes says you start with one lightsaber.

You Can Only Start With One Lightsaber

askme
askme

@Ignoramus
KOTOR grants a free lightsaber
Clone Wars grants a free lightsaber for Force Sensitives
not picking up the Solari, Quixoni and Mantle of the Force crystals in KOTOR
Are you SURE you're really a jedi?
And how did you go 30 years in Star Wars without picking one up or making one as a jedi ffs?

@Garbage Can Lid
It's not written anywhere except in the drop-in option
It's in the notes on page 1.

Firespawn
Firespawn

@Stark_Naked
Read the Fucking Manual.

My boss at my last job to use that one on the dumbasses all the time. It's never not hilarious to see a Technician berating an Engineer for not bothering to read the papers on their desk.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

@askme
@takes2long
You can only start With 1 single bladed Lightsaber
that's an example of very bad wording, was:
You start with a single bladed light saber
that hard to write?

Spamalot
Spamalot

Damn, CCDT just got BTFO on SB.

girlDog
girlDog

@VisualMaster
That depends on what you mean by that, doesn't it?

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

@Ignoramus
Go to bane triology

SniperWish
SniperWish

@Illusionz
Coiling dragon pt1 has a good one

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

@Spamalot
Look at me.
Am I a man who looks like he gives a shit?

Playboyize
Playboyize

@Garbage Can Lid
Siding with Dantes in the France scenario still doesn't actually give anything.

SniperWish
SniperWish

@SniperWish
What perk?

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

What was your most epic battle jumpers?

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

@SniperWish
Technically yes.

@PackManBrainlure
Best way to beat Obito's Kamui is to trick him into teleporting something...unpleasant into his Kamui dimension. Like an angry Asura or something.

@Garbage Can Lid
Grab Gramps
Grab Serenity
Grab a Hassan who represents Rashid ad-Din Sinan
I can jam to this

@happy_sad
Yes. Changing 40k from Grimdark is my end-goal for the chain.
I really aiming to make it Noblebright, but I doubt I can make that much of a shift

@massdebater
If I remember correctly the first of the digimon called the "Seven Demon Lords" was introduced in Adventure 02, Daemon. Also all of the Digimon stuff is canon to each other, because the Digital world reaches across universes. So Lilithmon TECHNICALLY exists, just in a 'distant' part of the Digital world.

@kizzmybutt
Why would I? I try to be a hero.
You know, besides punching Tony in the face.

@Skullbone
Maybe for Grands but not for a normal Servant.
But Zelretch as Grand Caster trying to game the system
Suffer for all eternity as he decides to troll you forever, and now he has access to even more universes and powers with which to do so.

@Inmate
Believing ANYTHING from Film/Game theory
Why? At least half their shit(In any given video) is built up on facts that are outright wrong in-universe, or pure speculation that doesn't make any sense in the setting.

@hairygrape
Which version?
Nevermind, not important. All Circes are shit.

@RavySnake
I mostly went around trying to bring down the Gods system. Because I absolutely LOATH the gods in FR. I just woke up, and have ranted about this enough in previous threads, so I'm not gonna get into why.

@Ignoramus
Forged crystals are considered a Dark Side thing. But tons of planets have them. Hell you can find one in the stomach of a giant beast native to Tattooine called a Krayt Dragon

@kizzmybutt
Define 'epic'
Biggest fight? Hardest? One with the most emotional importance? Something else?

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@Spamalot
You lied to me.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

@Burnblaze
have you jumped any Warhammer setting yet?

Supergrass
Supergrass

@kizzmybutt
The battle to get the last Twix. Hundreds of thousands perished. Super-weapons were invented and made obsolete over the course of that war. *sheds tear in memory*

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

@Ignoramus
You believed a shitposters, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Inmate
Inmate

@Stupidasole
I do my builds out of order so yes.
I've been to Eldar, Dark Eldar, SoB, LoT, and the Warhammer jump that can be an End jump. Which is where Justice ends his journey.

Emberfire
Emberfire

@Inmate
so how do you even begin to clean up that universe?

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@Emberfire
How did I begin? Well I went to Commoragh first and burned it to the fucking ground, killing every Dark Eldar, and freeing every slave.

One of my major goals is the death of the Chaos Gods, and using the time it takes them to reform to try and 'cleanse' the Warp, and return it to being the Realm of Souls.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@Raving_Cute
Note to self: give every single NPC life, they kind of deserve free will.

Be careful. In the books the guy that figured out how to do this nearly killed himself from granting too much life. Apparently in the books it takes a fraction of your soul which heals over time.

happy_sad
happy_sad

@Emberfire
You kill everything and start over with people who aren't brain damaged.

Inmate
Inmate

@happy_sad
Perfect time for this.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@Nude_Bikergirl
Fortunately I've got perks that actively regenerate my soul, but... yeah, I fucked up.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

@VisualMaster
fun

Flameblow
Flameblow

So, on a scale of 1-10, how hard would it be to accomplish any of your grand-scale goals armed only with freebie perks(0 CP stuff, stuff you get from Backgrounds, alt forms, etc)?

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

@TreeEater

@Flameblow
Completely impossible

Though Shaping from Geneforge, which is free for all origins, would help a LOT in a lot of things

Bidwell
Bidwell

@Flameblow
A lot of work but not impossible. I'd have to fake a lot of things but it would still be somewhat doable.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@iluvmen

Not raelly. Super Speed exists as a low-cost alternative for people who want to be able to keep up without completely investing in Fastest Thing Alive.
I like to support hybrid builds, what can I say?

@Methshot
This man is correct

Flameblow
Flameblow

@Flameblow

Motherfucker I'm already running at 0 CP constantly. The only thing you're telling me is I can't take perks with drawback points.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@Flameblow
Then you will die as you live.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Anons. Have you ever taken something bad from one setting and intentionally put it into other settings?

Canisters from Geneforge for example, magical power and all of those horrible Side Effects. You ever intentionally seed them throughout settings for the purpose of causing chaos?

DeathDog
DeathDog

@Harmless_Venom
The only things I introduce to settings are magical longevity and Nekomimis. I refuse to believe either are anything but purely good.

Supergrass
Supergrass

@DeathDog
purely good
This is true.

viagrandad
viagrandad

@DeathDog
magical longevity
I'd argue it could be bad, or at least have consequences. Especially if it doesn't allow the old people to move as they did when young

Nekomimis
Pure good, also justice.

w8t4u
w8t4u

@DeathDog

CAT EARS ARE JUSTICE!

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

@DeathDog
You know not what you do.

RavySnake
RavySnake

@DeathDog
I am hard pressed to think of any world in the entire multiverse that is not immediately improved by animal ears and tails. God speed you glorious fuzzy Jumper.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

@viagrandad
magical longevity
It only applies to the beings I create and to the Nekomimis' mates so it shouldn't be too disruptive but idk.

whereismyname
whereismyname

@Ignoramus
As a avatar of the force you can both make synthetic crystals and grow natural ones in places of mystical or spiritual significance.

But fuck man, you should have a lightsaber.

Booteefool
Booteefool

@PackManBrainlure
Presidents of the USA apparently have their own private Throne of Heroes.
[FREEDOM NOISES]
USA scenario for GO when?

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Digimon Adventure
Always Prepared [100 CP]
You’re used to being dropped into all sorts of unusual situations, which has led to you carrying a collection of items on your person for all circumstances. So long as the item is inexpensive and regularly stocked in local markets, you can have it be in your possession, bought on a whim when you thought it might be useful.

And this was the story of how jumper gained the power to spontaneously create molotov cocktails.

farquit
farquit

@TurtleCat
The biggest problem with longevity is the food issue, which is somewhat abated if the long-lived people can still produce more food. But without technology for advanced good production it will still end....badly given enough time.

I suggest using Geneforge and other magic to make a type of fast growing, extremely nutritious food that can be introduced along with the other two, which will help with the food issue.

Methnerd
Methnerd

@farquit
Oh the beings I create don't eat human food. As for the others, I usually leave behind zones of increased fertility and lushness where food is abundant.

The Geneforge idea is a good one though. I do have Shaping but I never thought to use it for plants.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Whats the best way to get projected noble phantasms to stick around?

eGremlin
eGremlin

@Booteefool
Merican template in the servant supplement when?

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

@Methnerd
Using it for plants and such is actually very common in universe, but also very carefully handled. As if you fuck up you can accidentally make an invasive species that chokes out most other plant life.

Also Ornks are a good source of meat, and very hardy.

Illusionz
Illusionz

@TalkBomber
First True Magic or Infinity

Spamalot
Spamalot

@PackManBrainlure
A cup of noodles qualified.
To be fair though, there was like 50 Grand Order Grails involved with those cup of noodles, and it ended up being adorable.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@Ignoramus
Jesus, I was the least Jedi...Jedi ever, and I still got ONE. You didn't even just pick one up as a trophy or something?

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@Poker_Star
Plus its not like laser swords are in short supply. Micronize a Gundam's beam saber or some sword in Super Robot Wars, we have 2 megaman jumps in which "Main character with a laser sword" is a definite thing, fucking Nanoha has magic laserswords

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@Harmless_Venom
Cultivation because I'm secretly a big ole' dick.
In all seriousness for all that Cultivation helps individuals attain potentially massive self-actualisation and personal power when you consider only a fraction of a fraction of the total population do or even can meaningfully cultivate due to limited resources of one sort or another and the societal norms that tend to go hand-in-hand with Cultivation settings... yeah, for most people/societies Cultivation isn't the best thing.
Which is why I spread it, lean back and eat popcorn.

5mileys
5mileys

@Fried_Sushi
Oh right how could i forget Phantasy Star Online, there's fucking millions of fuckin laser swords there

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@Harmless_Venom
I wouldn't call it necessarily bad, but i usually introduce healing magic and portals to parallel earths.
That certainly causes some chaos, but not all change is bad, is it?

Also a religion with me as the head deity, because worshipping me is obviously the superior choice and comes with actual benefits instead of pedophile priests or suicide bombers.
That also causes chaos with the established big religions, but it's not like i care. My temples are warded against violence, as are my worshippers.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

@Flameblow
Solar/Lunar/Sideral/Infernal exaltations
Spiral Energy
D&D magic
Symbiote technology
Some will power boosts
Immortality
Dragon Ball ki star busting levels at minimum and saiyan race
Saint Seiya stuff
Sburb classaspect
Anima's magic
Servant and Grand Servant stats and skills
The Force
Green Lantern ring
Dimension Lord from DC Occult
MtG magic
FMA Alchemy
Be a Digimon with some broken powers
Marvel Superscience
Umineko's magic
A parahuman power
Be a Lumen Sage/Umbra Witch
Generic Isekai free cheat
A free ACU
Sekai Oni materialisation
Elder Scrolls magic
Fairy Tail magic
World Seed internal universe bullshit
Tons of magic systems and superscience out there

All of these you can get for 0cp. Some of them require scenarios, but it's nothing that one can't handle if given enough time and can choose the order of your adventures.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

@StonedTime
Jinchuriki. Denarian.

whereismyname
whereismyname

@Poker_Star
Tenchi has laser swords. Hell, if you get a 1st gen tree, the tree is going to give you one out of lurv for you.

Booteefool
Booteefool

@Poker_Star
My bad.

@5mileys
See @whereismyname

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

@whereismyname
out of lurv for you.
wat

Inmate
Inmate

@BlogWobbles
1st Gen Jurai Trees pick their owners, and do what they can to protect them. This includes providing them with equipment and abilities that are fairly significant in terms of power. There's also the bond between a Tree, a Tree Ship and it's captain. So, there are a couple of ways to interpret that, but however you slice it the Tree is personally invested in whoever its bonded with.

Lunatick
Lunatick

@Inmate
Huh, cool. Do the Trees have avatars that they can let out and interact with things or are they stuck as a tree?

viagrandad
viagrandad

@whereismyname
@Inmate
Tree ships are awesome. Also, getting a 1st Generation one makes you a royal and allows you to create your own 2nd and third generation ships, which are also cool and impressive.

happy_sad
happy_sad

What should I give Daedalus for an NP?

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@happy_sad
That depends. Is this Greek Myth Daedalus or Heaven's Lost Property Daedalus?

hairygrape
hairygrape

@happy_sad
Maybe a somewhat sentient robot guardsman/crafting assistant?

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

@Lunatick
First off, its important to note this is only 1st Gen Jurai Trees. The 2nd and 3rd Gen aren't sapient, and don't have the direct line to Tsunami, one of the three capital G Goddesses that made and run the Tenchi universe.

As for avatars? It's complicated. The quick answer is not necessarily. The Tree, and Tree Ship if you go that route, you need a Tree for a Tree Ship, but just because you have a Tree doesn't mean you have the Tree Ship, is a tree. It's sapient and communicates with its pairbond, but it doesn't necessarily have an avatar. However, one of the characters in the show is inhabited by the spirit of a 1st Gen Tree. So it's not impossible for a Tree to function in a body, if you've got some way to embody one.

Does that make sense?

@viagrandad
Tree ships are awesome
They really are. My Tree Ship is a huge part of my chain, not just for munchkin reasons, though those exist, but because of how neat they are. Divine organic wooden sapient spaceship that has my back and, when constructed, can look like whatever I want? Yes fucking please.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

@kizzmybutt
Greek Myth Daedalus, though technically it's a demi-servant I'm importing a companion into.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@happy_sad
An NP that twists and warps space, symbolically making a labyrinth out of anything. Paths bend in ways so that attacks avoid him, his attacks have homing, the enemy's movement can be controlled, and no one can enter or leave without his permission.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

@GoogleCat
That sounds more like a Reality Marble.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@happy_sad
https://media.oglaf.com/comic/labyrinth.jpg

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

@Stupidasole
Marble Phantasms DO exist.

Spamalot
Spamalot

@CodeBuns
Does that make sense?
It does, I never knew much about Trees and Tree ships as I stopped watching Tenchi around episode 2.

Well here is to trying to find an avatar for my partner...who is a Tree, thank you fellow user.

girlDog
girlDog

@GoogleCat
@Stupidasole
@Sir_Gallonhead
Its also Asterios' NP, the labyrinth I mean, even down to the reality marble bit

NP: Chaos Labyrinth
Rank: EX, Type: Labyrinth Noble Phantasm, Range: 0, Targets: 14 persons
The materialization of the labyrinth that secluded Asterios.
A great thaumaturgy almost equal to a Reality Marble, it is built in the underside of the world.
Asterios only needs to remember "the place where he used to live", and once it is manifested it takes form with a difficulty according to the degree of fame of the concept of "labyrinth".
Once manifested, if will not disappear until either Asterios is defeated or Asterios eliminates all his opponents.
Even if it disappears, it is possible to built it again after some time.
However, if it doesn't take a different form from the anterior one, one would most likely be able to just walk out of it. A labyrinth that has been already solved is not something where one can get lost.

happy_sad
happy_sad

@Stupidasole
Well, Noble Phantasms can be Reality Marbles. But I was thinking of it being different from one in that it doesn't impose a pocket reality on the world, it's just warping and twisting what's already there.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

@CodeBuns
They really are. My Tree Ship is a huge part of my chain, not just for munchkin reasons, though those exist, but because of how neat they are. Divine organic wooden sapient spaceship that has my back and, when constructed, can look like whatever I want? Yes fucking please.
I want to make a my Tree ship into a ship girl
But doing so would mean for it to start occupying a companion slot and not being a ship anymore
But then I could have her use the Light Hawk Wings
But I would lose the spaceship...

What to do

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Bastard
Archmage
you are able to form a contract with any monster or beast that you defeat or
kill, turning them into a willing and loyal servant that will come when you call for its aid.

Do we have anything similar to this perk?

King_Martha
King_Martha

@New_Cliche
Import her as a ship in Arpeggio of Blue Steel.

She MIGHT (read: I'm not sure 100%) be able to recreate the tree-ship via the nanomaterials.

massdebater
massdebater

@Need_TLC
MtG summoning? Any of the SMT jumps?

iluvmen
iluvmen

@New_Cliche
Get Treeship as shipgirl
Import her in DBGT and give her 1/16th Saiyan
Now you have a full-powered Chousin as a companion

Pic unrelated

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@girlDog
But that's stupid. Why would Asterius have that Noble Phantasm? It was Minos that had the labyrinth built. They've got the wrong king of Crete. Unless...did they make the other Asterius a Servant? The fucking Minotaur is a Servant? Wow, that's dumb. And let me guess, he doesn't even have a bull's head, does he? He's just got horns, or some dumb shit like that. Ugh.

Playboyize
Playboyize

@New_Cliche
Personally I houserule that the ship girl is an alternate form for the ship, so the ship can be in ship or shipgirl form.

@King_Martha
She MIGHT (read: I'm not sure 100%) be able to recreate the tree-ship via the nanomaterials.
Eh, even if you could recreate the ship itself, would it still have the same spiritual connection to Tsunami? That's what makes the 1st Gen Trees what they are. Personally, I think that a nano-reconstructed ship wouldn't have the connection, but that's me.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@Garbage Can Lid
No Zealot/No Name
...I guess it makes sense for Old Man Hassan not even acknowledge her being a thing. Sad, but fitting.

Flameblow
Flameblow

@Need_TLC
Rip in peace Invoked archetype

RavySnake
RavySnake

@lostmypassword
Behold

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

@lostmypassword
And let me guess, he doesn't even have a bull's head, does he? He's just got horns, or some dumb shit like that. Ugh.
Yup. It's terrible.

At least he has a metal bull mask.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@New_Cliche
Import her as an Avatar of the Green in DC Occult. Now she can regrow her treeship body. As many times over as she wants, in fact, she can be an entire fleet of ships.

@iluvmen
I think she'd have the power of treeship Tsunami, not Choushin Tsunami, though. Still insanely strong either way, I'm just being pedantic.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

What is Magia Erebea and why isn't it explained anywhere in the jump?

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@iluvmen
That's. . . that's a plan and a half, user. Holy shit, that'd be insane.

@VisualMaster
Agreed on the Treeship Tsunami bit. How many LHW would that be?

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@lostmypassword
He's absurdly fluffy

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@iluvmen
Watch this:
Get treeship
Import as ACU (Supreme Commander)
Import ACU-Treeship as Idosyncratic Structure (Gargantia), turning it into an alt-form
Get 1/16th Saiyan
You are now a Chousin

@Need_TLC
Summoning from NGNL. It doesn't require to defeat anyone. For the loyal servant clause, you can add the Summoning perk from Overlord

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@Need_TLC
The Summoning perk from MtG Kamigawa lets you do that.

Fang and Claw (Dungeon Siege 2) also works but only on animals. On the upside you can summon any animal you've ever encountered and it scales the summons to your strength.

girlDog
girlDog

@ZeroReborn
Because the jump is ooold.

Also, it's something about absorbing a spell to power up, like a lightning spell to become lightning. Has a bunch of sideeffects though, your standard potentially fatal upgrade.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

@Dreamworx
Agreed on the Treeship Tsunami bit. How many LHW would that be?
She has 10 in her ship form.

@VisualMaster
Isn't the Generation 0 Tree Tsunami herself?

w8t4u
w8t4u

@girlDog
So how come the jump isn't being updated?

Bidwell
Bidwell

@Garbage Can Lid
Get treeship
Import as ACU (Supreme Commander)
From a strict power point of view that makes complete sense. However, I feel like that combination would dilute what makes the Treeship special.

idontknow
idontknow

@lostmypassword
@RavySnake
@BlogWobbles
So only Edison gets to be a furry?
Shame on you, Nasuman.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@w8t4u
Pretty sure the maker's gone?

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@ZeroReborn
How do you know enough to ask about it, but not enough to be able to Google details? That's weird, user.

Anyways, Magia Erebea is a forbidden technique in the Negima setting. It fuses your soul to a spell, granting you a superform based on that spell. Like, Negi uses it with lightning magic, and gains intangibility and hyper-speed. The downside is that it corrupts you and can turn you into a horrible immortal monster if you're not careful. The reason it's not in the jump is that the Mahou Sensei Negima jump doesn't list any of the spells in it. Magia Erebea is no exception.

Techpill
Techpill

@girlDog
But I'm pretty sure it was made way after the manga ended

Skullbone
Skullbone

@lostmypassword
She is.

@SomethingNew
Which means that the Jumper would have access to 10 LHW. That is in-fucking-sane.

Emberburn
Emberburn

@iluvmen
1/16th Saiyan is great for a lot of things, such as the Percy Jackson jump.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

@girlDog

Make a Love Hina jump, user. I know you want to do it.

SniperWish
SniperWish

@idontknow
Well I mean we have a Dog as a servant so does that work for you?

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

@Need_TLC
Samurai jack has one, so does weakness of Beatrice.

FastChef
FastChef

@SniperWish
A dog beat the shit out of Sauron, Dogs are acceptable servants.

Also a Dog was a servant in F/SN

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

@Fried_Sushi
Can.... can I pet him? Does he mind petting?

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@Sharpcharm
Don't forget the full array of Nanoha style magic as an A ranked Mage.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@SomethingNew
Isn't the Generation 0 Tree Tsunami herself?
Yes, but it's Tsunami as a treeship, not Tsunami as a Choushin. She's a goddess, she can exist in multiple places and forms at once. Tsunami-fune, her treeship form, is incredibly powerful, but it's an incredibly powerful warship and not an incredibly powerful goddess. Same level of power, but specialized for its role.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@TalkBomber
Man, I'd be tempted. A jump for Love Hina would be great.

But I've pretty much quit writing jumps for now. Maybe I'll get my inspiration back later.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

My back finally isn't giving me sass. Expect Kingdom Come to materialize today, tomorrow, or the day after.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@Bidwell
That's like saying that importing a weapon into another would make lose the former's powers. If that where the case, imports would be totally worthless.

Also, the ACU import just gives it a mecha form and lets it use Sup Comn technology. The tree is still there. It says so in the import itself. Pic related because copying broke the text.

@Emberburn
Percy gods aren't that powerful, and the imported ones scale down to that.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

@SniperWish
What's their name?

askme
askme

@SomethingNew
Hessian Lobo

Methshot
Methshot

@Boy_vs_Girl
That's like saying that importing a weapon into another would make lose the former's powers. If that where the case, imports would be totally worthless.
I didn't say anything about lost power. In fact I said that it makes sense from a power, ie building power, point of view. The point of the comment was that a generic giant mech is less interesting than a treeship.

SniperWish
SniperWish

@Crazy_Nice
I believe in you, heavensanon.

StonedTime
StonedTime

How do companions work in Tenchi Muyo?

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@Methshot
Not really, though. A treeship is just a spaceship powered by a Jurai tree. Your treeACU would be a robot powered by a Juri tree. Which exists in the Tenchi universe, its name is Zinv.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

@Boy_vs_Girl
Not sure if it actually gives a mech form if you import a non-mech vehicle. It just scales it up to be a larger vehicle if it was too small.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@Methshot
Well, the whole point of the combo was becoming an absurdly powerful entity yourself. It might be more boring than tricking your enemies into thinking that you have poisoned their air conducts with hallucinogen drugs when they see your fractal ship designs, but to each their own.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

@Deadlyinx
It looks all right to me. I like the part where everyone has to adapt to their new bodies.
Wish I could follow the link for the Spellwarped Template.

Illusionz
Illusionz

@Crazy_Nice

C'mon Heavens, just this one. For the old times~

Supergrass
Supergrass

@StonedTime
They don't.

There are no imports.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

@ZeroReborn
Yeah, you have to buy the option that would normally allow the ACU to turn from a robot to a spaceship. It works the other way around, this way.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

@SniperWish
@Illusionz
I'm afraid both of you have got the wrong namefag in disguise.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

@StonedTime
You get a bunch of free ones from buying certain perks, and some drawbacks can give you ones, too. There are no imports, though.

hairygrape
hairygrape

@Sir_Gallonhead

That means you will do it?

Emberfire
Emberfire

@Sir_Gallonhead
I've never read/watched that. Is it good?

I only ever played the flash game.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

>>55555555

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

@StonedTime
Well, it’s likely that you collected more than a handful of lovely companions... May as well take them all with you, if they’re willing!
Divine characters or similarly empowered beings may join you, but they selfimpose certain limits on their powers they’re into you, not godmodding across the multiverse.

It seems like you can grab people for free if they are willing.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

>>55555555

Lunatick
Lunatick

@hairygrape
Why are alters so pale? Sure someone who has suffered more should have more tan.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

@Spazyfool
Deleted

takes2long
takes2long

@Lunatick
Angra Manyu likes pale chicks?

Playboyize
Playboyize

@hairygrape
Prooobably not? Maybe if I get some inspiration. Already got some other stuff lined up in case I get my inspiration back though.

@Emberfire
I found it a fun read? But it's been a while.

Firespawn
Firespawn

@Fuzzy_Logic
I thought the link in the document would still work, but maybe if I post it here?
http://www.realmshelps.net/monsters/templates/spellwarped.shtml

I don't know what I was thinking. A Spellwarped Drider would look fucking terrifying.

Anyways, I'm glad you like it. I'm just more critical of it because I've done a lot of writing since then. Whenever I look back at my older stuff I'm never very happy with it.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

@takes2long
Brown guy
Likes only completely pale European white chicks

WebTool
WebTool

@Lunatick
Well... EMIYA Alter seems to have more tan?

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@TalkBomber
Can't fault his taste.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

Speaking of Avengers, have any one you got that class for yourselves?

JunkTop
JunkTop

@WebTool
Turns Black
Gains Guns.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@TalkBomber
To Be Fair, he's Persian. Ethnic Persians are notably paler than other arabic peoples.

@WebTool
Because EMIYA Alter is like EMIYA himself. Overuse of Reinforcement on himself darkened his skin over time.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

@AwesomeTucker
I love F/Go comics.

I will post the rest, since I don't have anything better to do

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@Illusionz
That's not me nor do I even know Love Hina but I'll be taking that pic anyways. Yoink.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

@TalkBomber

He got good taste.

@AwesomeTucker

Fucker

@WebTool

Nigga with guns. It's like going back to jail

viagrandad
viagrandad

@PurpleCharger
To Be Fair, he's Persian. Ethnic Persians are notably paler than other arabic peoples.
That's because they're not Arabs. Persians are Caucasian. Like, literally, they come from the Caucasus Mountains. They're mostly not related to the other ethnicities of the area, there's been a little intermixing but not an extensive one.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@viagrandad
I'm aware, I was just pointing it out

Also pale women being considered more attractive has been a thing for ages in cultures all over the world.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

@Firespawn
I tried, but it said “Options to download, print, and copy have been disabled on this file.”

Whenever I look back at my older stuff I'm never very happy with it.
Don’t let it bother you. Just because you can see flaws, don’t let them be the only thing you see.

SniperGod
SniperGod

@AwesomeTucker
Avenger Gorgon.

Also, I got Jalter together with Jeanne from the Scenarios. As well as Black Grail Irisviel, if she counts as Avenger.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@kizzmybutt
Well, before being a chubby and pale girl meant that you were rich, so there is that. Except for the Chinese, since they always had enough food so the chubby part wasn't necessary.

whereismyname
whereismyname

@AwesomeTucker
I really want to be one.

But their Class Skills are so fucking bad.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@BinaryMan
Except for the Chinese, since they always had enough food so the chubby part wasn't necessary.
The Great Leap Forward says, no.

Booteefool
Booteefool

@BinaryMan
Define 'chubby'. There are people who, incorrectly, think fat women were attractive back then. Which, as shown by endless greek statues as an example, is untrue.

farquit
farquit

@PackManBrainlure
Oh, how weird. I didn't realize linking a google doc with only the option for viewers to comment would turn off the ability to click links. Huh. Learn something new every day.

I try, but it's hard. Usually I'm focused on learning from the mistakes I made in past writing more than I am the good bits. But I appreciate the encouragement. I really do.

happy_sad
happy_sad

@Booteefool
There are people who, incorrectly, think fat women were attractive back then. Which, as shown by endless greek statues as an example, is untrue.
You can thank Gender Studies retards and their ilk for that.

Methnerd
Methnerd

@happy_sad
Also that one Victorian artist who had a fatty fetish, so people look at his paintings and think everyone liked that back then.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

@Emberfire
shoot them all

saint of killers style?

SniperWish
SniperWish

Take Hindu Pantheon for Percy Jackson
How screwed would I be? I'm not really familiar with how friendly that cosmology is to demigods.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@SniperWish
Atman is Brahman

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

@Garbage Can Lid
The Great Leap Forward
That's what they get for messing with birds

@SniperWish
Hindu gods had large courts and many demigods. So, it might be fun? You won't too much more power, though.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@Spazyfool
That's what they get for messing with birds
Well, that and having all the farmers try to make steel, resulting in a surplus of shitty steel and a shortage of food.

King_Martha
King_Martha

What Pantheon do I go for to get the best chance at a divine harem?

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

@King_Martha
Forgotten Realms, be a child of Sune

iluvmen
iluvmen

@farquit
Apparently it’s some advanced option fun.

No problem. Just remember, no one ever improved in a vacuum.

idontknow
idontknow

Speaking of birds, aside from Harry Potter, what jumps offer bird/animal pets/familiars?

likme
likme

@CodeBuns
First off, its important to note this is only 1st Gen Jurai Trees. The 2nd and 3rd Gen aren't sapient
1-3rd Gen are sapient. All three generations are someone's tree waifu and pick their owner. It's 4th gens that don't have any intelligence or will.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@SomethingNew
FR gods
Disgust.jpg

Evilember
Evilember

@SniperWish
Not screwed at all. That cosmology is very friendly to demigods. Hindu gods treat their half-mortal children pretty well, things really only go bad for demigods if they get into fights with each other. But most of your extended family is going to be decent folks you can get along well with. The one problem you may face is that you might be your own dad? It's kind of like the relationship between Christ and God, in Christian theology. You're a separate being, but you're also an avatar of your divine parent. And they may themself be an avatar of their divine parent. Like, more or less everyone is Vishnu, statistically speaking. If you follow the chains of descent far enough back, you're probably just a bit of Vishnu that he split off and granted independence.

@King_Martha
Hinduism, actually. Krishna has over sixteen thousand wives.

WebTool
WebTool

@idontknow
Neverwinter Nights. I grabbed a pseudo-dragon.

TechHater
TechHater

@SniperWish
How screwed would I be?

Could get crazier since it also allows for Fictional Pantheons, you could always try Lovecraft Deities or Celestials (super-space gods count?) and take the lineage of Arishem

Daddy issues are not nice :(

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

post your Generik Isekai builds!

and more importantly: do you like relativeley open jumps like this where you can make up the whole story or do you like the restriction of a plot you know?

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

@TechHater
pic
Is..is that legit?

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Speculative Evolution Gauntlet. I'm cautiously calling this done. If nobody has any complaints or thinks more things should be added, I'm going to put it in the drive.

happy_sad
happy_sad

@Fuzzy_Logic
Yes, that's canon (in fact, given that it comes from Nextwave, it's one of the few definitively canon things in Marvel). Machine Man went to space to join the Celestials, then they sent him back because they thought he was a loser.

massdebater
massdebater

@Stark_Naked
Alright, time to make friends with weird arboreal squid-monkeys.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

@idontknow
Traveler's Gate, as an Avernus traveler.

Methshot
Methshot

I remember a perk that has you do anything you attempt to the best of your ability, like rolling a natural 20 on every action without the auto succeed. Does anyone know where that perk is from?

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

@Sharpcharm
yes

RumChicken
RumChicken

@happy_sad
Wow, that sucks for that guy.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

@PurpleCharger
Both have their good bits and their bad bits. Although in this instance, i do kinda feel like it does come to the jump's detriment slightly? It's TOO open, like a slate fresh out the damn quarry.

Generic Isekai - 845
Origin: Gamer
Drawbacks: Stranded (+100)
Final Point Count: 1,100 CP
Race: Mystic Beast
Perks:
-User Interface (Free)
-Unique Skill - Gacha (Free Roll)
-Unique Skill - Absorptive Stomach
-The Grind
Items & Equipment:
-Robe of Disguise (Free)
-Vassal Tribe
-Cave of Beginnings
-Companions x8 (100 CP)

Pic related is Beast form.

girlDog
girlDog

@Methshot
Anima Beyond Fantasy, Elan of Barakiel.

massdebater
massdebater

@RumChicken
Most of Nextwave sucked for everybody involved. Except the readers.

Playboyize
Playboyize

@girlDog
I meant a perk from a jump but that is pretty similar.

Methshot
Methshot

@happy_sad
Which is funny considering he's probably the single most powerful being outside the One Above All.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

How do I survive Mortal Heroes Gauntlet with all those drawbacks?

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@Harmless_Venom
so you went around and ate other beasts of the land and people?

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

@Methshot
If it's for combat, there is a perk in Arcanum for that.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@BlogWobbles
Import some ridiculous piece of gear, or don't take the suicidal drawbacks.

Illusionz
Illusionz

Idolmaster jumpmaker, had a few drawback or scenario suggestions for you. One where a rival idol group called Band of the Hawk lead by producer and idol Griffith compete against your group. Another drawback where he puts his former group out of a career to advance his own to new heights under another group called Eclipse in a unit called God Hand, meanwhile the idol Guts decides to rise up again to make amends. Maybe one where you are the producer of said group and made to deal with or prevent the issues? On the boat idol tour which gets derailed for one reason or another further raising the difficulty.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

@BlogWobbles
Get Green Lanter Power Ring
Get Monkey King armor (God of High School)
Import those two into the gauntlet
Win

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@RumChicken
Yeah, there's a reason that before he went to join the Celestials, Aaron was a pretty friendly robot that just wanted to learn about the universe, and afterwards he's a borderline-suicidal misanthrope. He's getting better, though. It's also implied that not all the Celestials hated him, and he's just got scrambled memories of an internal conflict between them. At least one of them thought he was cool, we know that.

@massdebater
Elsa had a pretty good time, from what I remember. All she wanted out of life was to kill weird monsters, and she got exactly that. Aside from an unpleasant hallucination Frobush Man gave her, her experience with Nextwave was very pleasant.

@Methshot
Depends on where and when. Not in mainline Earth-616, but in Earth X? Yeah, he's definitely up there.

Booteefool
Booteefool

@BlogWobbles
Hide behind daughterus, import jumper grade weapon, import jumper grade armor, or take minimal drawbacks.

happy_sad
happy_sad

@Playboyize
It is a perk. 400 CP, Drop in.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

@Illusionz
Not companioning Guts and taking him to Idolmaster to produce his own band (of the hawk)

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

@Illusionz
This is an evil thing you are doing. I am behind it 100%.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@Booteefool
Hide behind daughterus
Neither of them are combat specialists. And even if they were, Exalts as new as them are regularly murdered by the Wyld Hunt (even aside them being children). Best they might be able to provide against anything but bog-standard mortals is some support.

So, pretty much just either imports to carry the day, or minimal drawbacks.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@Booteefool
jumper grade weapon
Define 'Jumper Grade'. Like, what, would a regular Noble Phantasm count? Does it need to be Excalibur level? Above?

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@StrangeWizard
Not him, but you wouldn't be able to use a Noble Phantasm anyway, since those need prana to fuel them.

viagrandad
viagrandad

@StrangeWizard
Indestructible, Semi-shapechanging, 5 other enchantments that could remove a city if needed.

cum2soon
cum2soon

@SniperWish
I can't decide between picking the Japanese gods for fluffy tail or the Yozi

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

@StrangeWizard
I more meant the horrifying abominations resulting from importing a thing at every opportunity but anything comperable to thor's hammer should do the trick.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

@happy_sad
Oh wow, that is very nice. Thanks user.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

Would Jaden's anime be an interesting jump?

Lunatick
Lunatick

@StrangeWizard
How Can Anime Be Real If Our Eyes Arent Real

Techpill
Techpill

@StrangeWizard
user, you won't be able to use a NP without mana.

You probably want a Sacred Treasure from SDS, a magical weapon from Marvel Magic or a Lantern Ring, since those are soul bound to you and wouldn't do bad in Exalted.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

@TurtleCat
As the jumpmaker, I feel compelled to point out that Elaning with Barakiel gives a few more abilities as well, like giving you a huge bonus to your science skills, letting you detect mental instability, letting you detect order, perfecting your physical stats to the human max, perfecting your appearance, making you look super-stylish, protecting you from bad luck, reducing the frequency of unnatural events and disorder, slowly removing curses, weaknesses, and disadvantages, and stopping your aging.

5mileys
5mileys

@Nude_Bikergirl
@viagrandad
@Sharpcharm
@Techpill
Their weapons don't even have their own source of mana

askme
askme

@FastChef
To be fair, that was a talking dog who was literally the best dog ever who was prophesied to only be beaten by the best wolf ever.

WebTool
WebTool

@Fuzzy_Logic
It’s one of those perks that is full of fun.
Does the perk version give permanent max elan score?

StonedTime
StonedTime

@askme
And? Heros aren't exactly normal people, they are exceptional and preform amazing deeds. Dogs can do the same, and thus deserve to be in the Throne of Heros and thus to be Servants in some cases.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@WebTool
It starts you at max, but I believe I had in my notes that you can still lose Elan by breaking her rules. You won't ever get completely cut off though, so you can just rebuild your Elan score over time.

Normally, I'd get rid of that sort of limit when it's a perk, but a number of Elan abilities are built with a sort of assumption that you can "burn" Elan, so getting rid of it would be... problematic.

Booteefool
Booteefool

@Fuzzy_Logic
letting you detect mental instability
Must go off like crazy if you're posting on here eh?

iluvmen
iluvmen

@idontknow
Wadanohara has bird familiars that can turn into gijinkas of themselves. You could get a familiar of anything. They don't have to be marine animals. The main character herself has a seagull familiar.

likme
likme

@Methshot
There was an Aspect that did something like that in Practical Guide to Evil, but I remember user Heart mentioning a lot of the Aspects would be changed sometime in the future.

Emberfire
Emberfire

@Booteefool
Probably, yeah.

@likme
Perfect.

That never actually made it in in that form, unfortunately- it was in my WIP for the update, but has been adjusted since then.

WebTool
WebTool

@Raving_Cute
I thought I remembered you saying it was maximum forever, but I don’t really remember.
I take it you still have to choose which abilities you get?

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@BlogWobbles
Just fucking cheese everything with a powerful weapons/armor and get some companions. Win forever. Don't do stupid and take drawbacks you can't do.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

@Emberfire
FFFF forgot pic.

@WebTool
Hm, Maybe? I dunno. It's been a while, I'll have to double-check. You do still have to choose though, yeah.

Lunatick
Lunatick

@Nude_Bikergirl
@viagrandad
@Sharpcharm
@Techpill
Would something like the Jewel Sword Zelretch be powerful enough? I'm just trying to determine the scale we're at.

Spamalot
Spamalot

@StrangeWizard
More powerful is better. You're relying on it to make up for the fact that, worst case, you're a mortal going up against primordial-killing demigods.

The Worthy Weapon from Marvel Magic is a good base since it grants you a ton of abilities on top of also being a really powerful weapon.
The more (and more powerful) other weapons you have combined it with by importing the better.

Same applies to armor. If you're stacking up on drawbacks keep in mind that even mid-level exalts can do shit like cleave mountains in half.
Some defense against mind-affecting stuff would also be good, because that's also a thing that is very common in Exalted.

Bidwell
Bidwell

@PurpleCharger
huh, was just doing that

Generic isekai
1000p
Human- free
gamer –free
Skill book crafting –free
Limit break -400
the system -200
the grind -300
upgrade -400
Companion import: 4 for free (each with 700 cp)
i have yet to write out their powers, but i know one will have the eyes of permanence, one the absorbtive stomach, one the empty frame and one the skill sharing.
Monstrous monsters +300

i gathered those perks together are the fastest way to git gud in jump and outside of it.
The skill book crafting + the system combo is well known know; letting me get powers in a jump as long as my EXP is high enough to "learn them". I will copy the skills of my companions and have basically all the "skills except one". And each one of those skills in itself is incredibly powerful.
the eyes of permanence for example cost 400 or are free and have the same effect as a perk in seven deadly sins that costs 1200 points..

massdebater
massdebater

@BunnyJinx
Maybe it would be best to just cast it into the realm of Fanwank.

likme
likme

@PurpleCharger
@viagrandad
@kizzmybutt
Persians aren't just Caucasian in a literal sense, they're objectively Caucasian in the common usage as well. Persians are Indo-European, meaning their closest relatives are other Indo-European peoples, which includes Europeans. You ever actually see Khomemi or whatever? Dude is pale as any European grandpa.

Other people from this lineage are usually more mixed, sadly. All Central Asians use to be (this was actually where Indo-Europeans first came to be,) but then the Mongols invaded and they mixed. So they vary from 40% in the east to 90% in the west. Same with Indo-Aryans and the Pakistani/Afghanistan peoples. Mixed with the natives, so they vary from like 50% to 80% Caucasian. Turkey used to be Indo-European too, but then the Arabs kicked them all out and later got mixed with some Turkic peoples (who are an East Asian people.) But yeah, all of them except the last are related to Europeans more than any are to anyone else.

Hell I can get autistic about the Arabs too. Before the spread of Islam, there were a ton of Semitic peoples who were related but not actually the same thing. Arabs originated in the southern part of the Arabian Peninsula, then you have the Mesopotamian peoples in the North and Northeast,, Levantine in the Northwest, and most of North African peoples get lumped together as Berbers nowadays. The invasions ruined a lot of the genetic diversity here, but none of the above peoples were fully eradicated. Lots of people that identify as Arab aren't even, ethnically. It got tied to the whole Islamic culture to the point where even some Southeast Asian people like Malaysians have tried to call themselves Arabic because they assume it's part of their religion.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@PurpleCharger
Because EMIYA Alter is like EMIYA himself. Overuse of Reinforcement on himself darkened his skin over time
Look at his face and hair, it's more than that. Does Reinforcement really eventually change you into being African like this? Or was this Shirou just always black?

DeathDog
DeathDog

@massdebater
... I'm sorry, I'm too busy being distracted by that pic. Did someone edit Green Heart into being dark sinned? Are there any more of those?

eGremlin
eGremlin

@Spamalot
keep in mind that even mid-level exalts can do shit like cleave mountains in half.
Uh, no? That's seriously high-tier Solar bullshit, the kind they'd need centuries-old elders for at the very least.

Illusionz
Illusionz

@CouchChiller
I have no explanation for the rest of it. I just know why EMIYA is brown.

Booteefool
Booteefool

@DeathDog
Are there any more of those?
I don’t think so, no.
I’m sad too.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

@Lunatick
It's powerful, but I don't really feel the biggatons it brings make up for it not giving you any kind of utility or enhancements.

This is assuming you can use it at all, seeing as you won't have any kind of Nasuverse magic or access to the Kaleidoscope, and the Sword itself may or may not even have a multiverse to tap into for power. Although I'm pretty sure Exalted has parallel worlds so shooting an Essence Cannon in lieu of an Ether Cannon would be pretty fun.

King_Martha
King_Martha

@Illusionz
same deal with Assassin Kiritsugu, is it related to being a counter-guardian perhaps?

Spamalot
Spamalot

@Fuzzy_Logic
Wouldn't that particular Elan get rid of your ability to get an open roll or critical success, making it impossible for you to achive the moments of Awesome other people can have?

askme
askme

@eGremlin
Honestly, Solar power levels are all over the place. Like, rolling up an entire army Katamari-style and tossing them into the sky is something you can do at Essence 5. But blocking an area attack takes until Essence 7? Weird.

hairygrape
hairygrape

@King_Martha
EMIYA had given reasons for his given looks, every character based on him that came afterwards has no explanation or reasoning for it beyond "they look like EMIYA"

Playboyize
Playboyize

@Stark_Naked
So this is finished, huh? Did you ever do anything with All Tomorrows?

Techpill
Techpill

Given Overlord is a cp vampire, where else can you pick up perks that make stamina a non issue?

Methnerd
Methnerd

@likme
even some Southeast Asian people like Malaysians have tried to call themselves Arabic because they assume it's part of their religion.

they aren't the smartest, aren't they. To be fair though, arab muslims deem other muslims inferior which is also represented in the insistence upon the arabic language in islam (not necessary for you to know before becoming muslim; but it's the only "correct" way to read the q'uran)

Flameblow
Flameblow

@eGremlin
World Scarring Solar Glory is Essence 6.
With Divine Transcendence of Melee you can lower that to Essence 5.

SniperWish
SniperWish

@Methnerd
To Be Fair, for a very long time Latin was the only "correct" way to read the bible.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@SniperWish
it still is
no jk, it's actually ancient hebrew, aramaeic and ancient greek together

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

@StonedTime
Not sure you're getting my intent. I'm just giving everyone more details. This wasn't your average dog.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@Booteefool
Damn. It's actually a pretty good one- they kept the shadows and everything.

@Spamalot
Yup! Sudden moments of absolute awesome are disorderly for Barakiel to be fond of. Though on the other hand, the protection from fumbles can be worth it if you're something like a summoner, where a single sufficiently bad fumble can utterly wreck you.

happy_sad
happy_sad

@Ignoramus
Truly the bible is a book fit only for cunning linguists.

askme
askme

@Fried_Sushi
You are now realizing you can use Senran Kagura’s Perfect Dressing Room + Color Edit + Universal Use to give Vert dark skin

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@Methnerd
One of their royals, some sultan I believe, came right out and said all of them were retarded for trying to act like Arabs instead of Malays, but all the imams and shit got together and said "No, YOU'RE stupid!" basically.

Methshot
Methshot

@askme
Senran Kagura’s Perfect Dressing Room
I don't actually know what that is? Is that a perk, or an IRL image editing program, or...?

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

@CouchChiller
It's just pandering to the black crowd, user. There's no actual black person of historical note in the relevant time period* worth making into an heroic spirit without reallly reaching, so instead they've decided to reach in another direction for some insane reason.
*I'd like a Martin Luthur King heroic spirit. I Have A Dream sounds like an amazing NP

Snarelure
Snarelure

@askme
You can block area attacks just fine before Essence 7, it just doesn't allow you to protect everyone else from it too.

@Flameblow
But it only allows you to cleave hills at Essence 7. And these hills have to be the size of or smaller than a palace.

Which would require at least a century-old Solar, even if got Divine Transcendence and they went full Shirou Emiya on swording. Definitely nowhere /near/ mid-level. More likely, it's going to take centuries before someone gets there.

And even then, that's only against inanimate objects. They need Essence 9 to do the same to people they're actually fighting.

Skullbone
Skullbone

@Fried_Sushi
Though the bit on Characteristic rolls actually sucks super hard given that it wasn't changed with the Core Exxet errata. They swapped Characteristic rolls to a roll over system instead of roll under, but didn't change the text of Absolute Perfection. Whoops! Is it okay if we houserule that to say we get a 10 on all our Characteristic rolls instead of a 1?

Emberfire
Emberfire

@Fried_Sushi
Honestly for a jumper that might just be a big enough drawback to make the perk actively harmful. Think of how that would affect you in Solars or DMC!

Flameblow
Flameblow

@Ignoramus
As a Jedi I should be able to forge my own crystals right?
No it's the Sith who do that. Jedi go rock hounding for them.

WebTool
WebTool

@Flameblow
Sith get all the best toys.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

@Methshot
Perk.
Go look at the Senran Kagura jump.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@PackManBrainlure
What's the relevant time period? The future? Because Emiya's from the future. What happened to black people in Fate/Grand Order's vision of the future, user?

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

@Harmless_Venom
I'm literally just trying to get a gauge on whats necessary to import, not actually thinking of bring in the Jewel Sword. It's a good metric to measure what I need and what I can produce because by that point I'll have access to and training with the First, Second, and Fourth Magics, as well as a Servant with EX Item Construction.

I could pretty easily make something leagues better then the Jewel Sword and then use Void to purge it of flaws and weaknesses, and go over it again with the First and the Second to improve it some more, then purge flaws and weaknesses, ad infinitum.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

@Skullbone
Yes, that is definitely okay.

@Emberfire
Huh. That's a good point. Better pick up toggle, I guess? Or just have enough dice to throw at the problem that the chances of anyone matching you is super-low. I mean, I imagine that being Zen would let you buy above the standard attribute/ability level dots in White Wolf.

@TurtleCat
Will do!

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@Techpill
lots of cardio
running, swimming, cycling, battle ropes, skipping rope, boxing....

be sure to have rest days though

5mileys
5mileys

@Emberfire
I don't think it would affect you in Solars, after all stunting is separate from critical successes. Translating the mechanics across, it would be more like an automatic Excellency, and you can still stunt rolls augmented by Excellencies.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

@GoogleCat
You can't get heroic servants past a certain point in history, with EMIYA being an aberration due to his being a Counter Guardian that made a deal with Alaya. I think the most recent heroic servants were before the World Wars.
The supplement mentions this, but also mentions something i wasn't aware of until I looked it up;
In the Moon Cell Grail Wars, which include Fate/Extra, any Heroic Spirit up until 2030 may be taken, though they must be dead by then and have actually qualified as being notable enough for the honour. This can include canonical characters from the Type Moon series as long as there is no doubt at all that they are dead by then and that they have made a great enough mark
So I guess you can get MLK after all, just in that setting.

SniperGod
SniperGod

@5mileys
From what little I know of Exalted, it would prevent crit-successes, but not Stunting or Excellencies, and it would make every die rolled be a success.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

@5mileys
To me, it sounds more like every dice you'd roll would be a success in Exalted terms, instead of a free excellency. Which is really damn good, but precludes you from those rare, rare moments you roll more successes than you have dice thanks to double 10s.

But yeah, stunting's probably unaffected.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@King_Martha
@hairygrape
@Illusionz
Well, for other characters (and probably the original reason why EMIYA was brown) it's probably simply the fact that in Japanese mythology, darker skin implies that you are base and uncouth (from working classes being out in the sun) or later that you were evil or corrupted. So EMIYA was probably concepted as "Evil/Corrupted Shirou" so he has darker skin. It fits for the others too, like how Chloe has brown skin because she's basically, in her behavior, Corrupted Illya. That is, she's brown because she's a slut.

TechHater
TechHater

@Playboyize

No - All Tomorrows didn't really fit into the generic concept I was working with. To be honest, I kind of think All Tomorrows is the kind of work that needs a jump of its own.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@VisualMaster
I always thought Archer was brown for the same reason he had white hair. It's just a generic "I've seen some shit" look.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@Carnalpleasure
Same's true for Fate/GO too, according to the supplement update for that.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

@PurpleCharger
Related question: the 600Cp Gamer perk (The Grind) mentions your attributes being at or enar cap, but what happens if you have softcap perks or equivalent? I'd assume it would put you at you theoretical maimum before the softcap perks come into play, but I'm not sure...

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

So I'ev figured out how to fix Fate/zero and beyond. All I have to do is take the long war drawback, befriend the main three families, and become the god father for each house! It's foolproof.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@PackManBrainlure
There is no black crowd in Japan. Remember that this game was made two years ago without an expectation of a translation.

No, he's just black because the devs thought it'd fit a gun-using Servant and didn't really give any fucks. There's nothing stopping them from making an actual black person a servant outside of the fact that there are very, very few interesting figures to make into one.

Meanwhile Xerxes is black because hurrrrr.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

@WebTool
That's because Jedi are trying not to get consumed by their own power and corruption of the force, or at least they're trying to do it in a way that lets them maintain normal interaction. They're skimming across the surface in order to limit its influence.
Sith on the other hand are all about saying "Fuck it! I wants me some lightning hands!"

Of course you're going to get cooler stuff when you throw caution to the wind and dip down into crazytown. That's where all the chunky good stuff is.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@Fried_Sushi
It seems to me that you wouldn’t get sudden moments of absolute awesome because you’d always be doing the best you possibly could, and sudden moment implies you’re not doing the best you possibly could all the time.

MPmaster
MPmaster

@VisualMaster
That's the OOC reason, we're talking about the IC reason

idontknow
idontknow

@GoogleCat
Nah, in that case he'd be even paler.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@VisualMaster
And yet a lot of the other alters are very very pale skinned. I don't think your theory carries water user.

@Garbage Can Lid
he's just black because the devs thought it'd fit a gun-using Servant
Do... do you thikn they realise how racist they were being or just didn't care?

@Lord_Tryzalot
Jedi are filthy casuals. Sith deserve their nice toys because they committ to it, dammit!!!

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@New_Cliche
I'd interpret it the same way.
Like, when some jump says: you start with mach 4 and it softcaps at mach 10, you start at Mach 10.
Plus your proficiency at handling your abilities is top notch and you can improve faster with grinding/training

Techpill
Techpill

@lostmypassword
They're Japanese, so they don't care. An attitude to be applauded in this day and age.

TreeEater
TreeEater

@Boy_vs_Girl
Excellencies are magic/charms, aren't they? Absolute Gift doesn't stop you from adding bonuses with spells or Ki or whatever, it just means that instead of rolling, you just treat the result as the best rollable number without exploding. (1 for characteristic checks, 100 for other checks pre-Exxet)

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

@GoogleCat
It's just a generic "I've seen some shit" look.
"I've seen some shit, now my skin shares its color."
Still doesn't make sense to me, unless they were trying to be comically racist.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

@lostmypassword
It's Japan. They didn't give a shit.

Firespawn
Firespawn

@lostmypassword
Emiya Alter is officially nicknamed "Demiya" in FGO

As in: Detroit Emiya

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

leave the jedi because of their stupid no love rule
join sith because they encourage you to embrace your passions
sith sperg out on me for having a waifu because apparently only the edgelord passions count
fuck this galaxy

SniperWish
SniperWish

@lostmypassword
And yet a lot of the other alters are very very pale skinned
Nasu likes the look, and he's a bit of a Westophile anyway, at least for the UK. So him using the European conception of evil, where being unnatural pale can indicate it, is expected.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

Should I bother going to Fate Extra or just replace it in my chain with FGO?

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@TalkBomber
Being sith yet caring what the sheep of the galaxy think about your waifu
Not killing all who get in your way
Shit-tier Sith
If you were going to be this casual, you should have stayed with those Jedi-hippies.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@lostmypassword
Japan is pretty damn racist to everyone who isn't purebred japanese. So no, they don't give a shit.

whereismyname
whereismyname

@lostmypassword
You have NO idea how racist other people are do you?

Hint:Casual racism is acceptable in most countries in the world, it's only whites who whinge about it and get offended.

Illusionz
Illusionz

@VisualMaster
Depends if you would rather participate in Cyber EVO or fighting demons

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

@VisualMaster
Save the jump for until it gets updated.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@TalkBomber
Not throwing force lightning at them with the power of love.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@TreeEater
For Exalted, that would probably mean every die comes up 10.

Lunatick
Lunatick

@Techpill
@PackManBrainlure
@Carnalpleasure
@Firespawn
@Ignoramus
@whereismyname
I don't know how to feel about this. Amused? Disappointed? Aroused? Doubly amused?

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

@TalkBomber
sith encourage you to embrace your passions
apparently have a zero tolerance for anime

girlDog
girlDog

@Lunatick
Proud and amused. Let people be creative without obsessed with political correctness and not offending anyone in any possible way.

viagrandad
viagrandad

@Raving_Cute
Bonus points if it's pink.

@Lord_Tryzalot
I can imagine Vader with a animesque Padme body pillow.

5mileys
5mileys

@TalkBomber
That's why Luke's Jedi are the best. They try to maintain a healthy balance of control and emotion. Old Jedi are strict, arrogant, and hypocritical, while Sith are usually either edgy as fuck or complete monsters who gleefully embrace being evil, sometimes both. There are some exceptions, but even those guys are kind of dicks.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@5mileys
Old Jedi are strict, arrogant, and hypocritical
The Ruusan Reformation did not help them there at all.

Techpill
Techpill

@TalkBomber
This is why Grey Jedi are even a thing. Once Luke fixes shit up people barely bother rebelling against the Order because there's no reason to unless you want to be an outright monster.

Snarelure
Snarelure

@lostmypassword
Well they were always a bit needlessly autistic about sticking to certain applications of the Force after the Je'dai Civil War, which was instigated by extremists getting triggered at passion in the first place, even if they didn't get everything they wanted at first.

SniperGod
SniperGod

@Nude_Bikergirl
Don't 10s count for 2 successes? I feel like that's the equivalent of exploding in Anima- you roll in the top 10%, and then get an extra boost. Which Absolute Perfection doesn't allow, because you'd be doing better than perfect, and Barakiel does not approve of such shennanigans.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@lostmypassword
The Reformation was actually worse, since all the guys who WEREN'T like that made up the Army of Light, who got the 'Oh, they were brave but misguided heroes whose beliefs and practices we will totally ignore but whose actions we will totally take credit for' treatment by the council. And like this user @Snarelure
said, the Jedi have been twitchy about it for a while now, since some assholes decided to use the Dark Side to commit atrocities and then the puritan faction pounced on that. All the moderates keep getting either killed off or kept from any real influence.

girlDog
girlDog

@Lunatick
I'd go with doubly amused. On the one hand it's fun to see people who just don't give a fuck. On the other hand, that lack of fucks mean they don't pay attention and sometimes they go way, WAY over the line. Which is even more fun.

Bidwell
Bidwell

Are there any perks that would let you get criticals even with berakiel's gift?

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

@girlDog
... Wait, how did you do that? With the pic?

Nojokur
Nojokur

@SniperGod
Yeah they do. I don’t know if it could be considered exploding, or just doing the best you can.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@Burnblaze
Do what, user?

Soft_member
Soft_member

@Raving_Cute
Really, the Jedi have never been good. Almost all the Jedi people like have been outcasts, outsiders, an reformers. Even someone as whitebread as Obi Wan was an outcast because his interpretation of the Force wasn't the one the Council had, his master was almost exiled for it.

Your mileage will vary on Yoda. Either all the prequel material was character assassination, or he saw the error of his ways after the Order was wiped out.

w8t4u
w8t4u

@Raving_Cute
the wise jedi die like heroes leaving behind the pricks to seize power and reduce the Jedi Order to a bureaucratic mess
like pottery

askme
askme

@Crazy_Nice
no Berserker Shaka
no Caster Mansa Musa with Golden Rule A++
no Archer Menelik II
no Samori Ture

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

@Soft_member
Yoda was a prick who did fuck-all about the Empire and nearly refused to train Luke if it wasn't for Obi-Wan yelling at him. The only thing the prequels did was make him fight like Miss Piggy

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Drawback: One of your nails is slightly cracked. This gives you One Billion CP.

TechHater
TechHater

@Nojokur
Hm. Fair enough. I guess fanwank/ask one of the Exalted jumpmakers? It's still at least your dice pool worth of successes without any further charms though, so it's a minimum of useful.

@Nude_Bikergirl
Are... you abusing the pixelation or something?

So one pic's hidden in the pixels of the bigger one or something?

... user help. I don't know what to put into google, and I'm really interested!

Nojokur
Nojokur

@TalkBomber
Hah, joke's on you. I don't have nails anymore.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

@PackManBrainlure
Well, like I said, it's up to you. His Prequel self is unambiguously a dick, though.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@TalkBomber
Nope, Jumper would rather deal with loss of a hand then that.

Spamalot
Spamalot

How could we have a Caster Mwindo? His NP would be the magic fly swatter he was born with, but beyond that I have no idea. He can bring people back to life but that won't fly in Nasu Metaphysics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzmFEDNWTO8

Methshot
Methshot

@TechHater
Fanwank is always the best way to handle the fine details.

Emberburn
Emberburn

@askme
Yeah, you COULD make those guys Servants, but then over here you have cute waifus, mythic Kings, random Japanese figures because, and European mythological heroes.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@Nojokur
Pretty sure it'd be the equivalent of exploding myself.

Still, an always-active version of the Sidereal's ability to force every single die they would've rolled to be a success is ridiculously powerful. The chance you could get higher than that is very, very small.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Do we have any perks that would let you turn people who do not even have an ounce of good in them into heroes?

inb4 charisma

askme
askme

@Boy_vs_Girl
Disney Magic in Zootopia. It's a great perk for exactly that.

massdebater
massdebater

@Spamalot
It's kind of weird how many African legendary characters are born already fully conscious and carrying magic items.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

take the Grand Day Out scenario
roll 10d20 to see what percentage of humanity is destroyed
70% of humans are dead
not sure whether I should celebrate or be horrified

Jumpers, how would you react to 5000000000 dead people that you were trying to save?

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

@TechHater
Also, found it.

RumChicken
RumChicken

@Burnblaze
Probably a depression spiral coupled with copious drug and alcohol use, culminating in the massive and ill-advised use of necromancy magic.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@Boy_vs_Girl
Hero creation EX

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@Spamalot
You could change it to the magic fly-whisk just healing people, and the legend being distorted over the years (because hey, oral tradition) from him healing people who were near death to reviving the genuinely dead.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@Burnblaze
About the same as I would to 500000000 dead people, I imagine.

Nojokur
Nojokur

@Boy_vs_Girl
Zenith exalt
you will be a hero!
but I'm a serial rapist
Hits rapist with stick & solar charisma
now you a hero!
I'm gonna go fight that demon to save the village!

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@askme
speaking of Zootopia:
what would happen if i were to introduce animorphs technology (letting all of them get morph powers) into the setting?
Race issue solved or worsened?

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@BlogWobbles
Much thanks user!

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@Burnblaze
The percentage of humanity is over the entirety of history, not just the modern day. Time travel, woo.

So, it's going to be more dead than that.

Playboyize
Playboyize

@Dreamworx
I would imagine "the same, but more complicated".

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

@lostmypassword
Jedi are filthy casuals.
The Jedi Virgin vs The Sith Chad

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

@Burnblaze
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzK8kIauGaI&feature=youtu.be&t=3m3s

WebTool
WebTool

@Crazy_Nice
So abject horror is a good go to for this.

Looks like I'm headed to CATastrophe.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

@Burnblaze
Humanity was kinda in need of a good culling anyway, so i guess it's fine.

If i knew and liked any of them i'd resurrect them i guess.
Otherwise you should be more positive - you just solved the problem of overpopulation!

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@Boy_vs_Girl
Kim Possible has an item that inverts good and evil. Use it and they will have not even an ounce of evil in them. Problem solved.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@massdebater
The myths probably share a common root, same way you notice a lot of similarities in Indo-European religions like Hinduism, Greek, Zoroastrianism, and Norse.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

@Dreamworx
That... sound like something that would go pretty poorly. If technology like that existed, there would be no reason for predator species to exist at all. Especially if it was easy and painless to make the transformation.

You could pretty easily end up with all the pred species being convinced or even forced into undergoing transformation into prey species. If nothing else, a number of them would likely make the swap on their own in the aftermath of Bellweather's actions. Just because there's a cure for the Night Howlers doesn't put the genie back in the bottle. There will be other attempts to turn predators into horrifying monsters to reach the same goals.

But hey, it's also a Disney universe. You could just as easily get no one caring one bit.

viagrandad
viagrandad

@TechHater
Did you see this last thread?
/tg/thread/55549183#p55550421

Methshot
Methshot

@Need_TLC
Every thing I learn about Zootopia just convinces me more and more that it's a good idea to lead a Predator uprising and enslave the Herbivores as food.

RavySnake
RavySnake

@Dreamworx
Oh, sure. I know that, culture spreads and permutes and of course you're going to see similarities among the myths of people who live on the same continent. I just think it's kind of weird that this detail persisted, that it became something that was just natural and normal for mythological heroes to have. There's probably some fascinating ethnographic study you could do about why and how odd mythological details like this become codified as distinct tropes. I mean, I'm not going to do that study, I'm a STEM major, but it's still neat.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

mystic eyes of permanence from generic isekai
makes magic spells permanent, spell may be broken though (something like eternally burnin fuelless flames)
+
thunderbolts from Xena/Hercules
lighting that hits target and circumvents all defenses/immunities against electricity. Can't be redirected. All of the bolts energy has to be spent on target first.
=
zap enemies for infinity

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

@Burnblaze
kept Yo Girl and Body Count after Heathers

This was a mISTAKE

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@Methshot
Most of the Prey animals have done nothing wrong.
A few 'bad' ones are just wound up so tight by their own fear instincts that they're convinced the Predators simply have to be removed.
They need Valium, not enslaving. Sell them drugs.

cum2soon
cum2soon

@viagrandad
I had not, but overall, my response is basically that Nastika might not get as many freebies in terms of perks, but their raw power, as a race, is significantly higher. So they get more out of their racial stat bonuses. Gods are weaker, but in return, they get a large number of perks for free and a lot of their perks are boosted. Like, in the newest chapter, we get Agni going, "If he was as strong as he was even 7 years ago (notably still AFTER the Nastika debuff) you (Chandra, 5th Zen God of Darkness) would be twiddling your thumbs down in hell right now." Even debuffed, Chandra vs Gandharva apparently would have ended with Chandra getting frustrated and flipping the table.

hairygrape
hairygrape

@SniperWish
Not really? Your godly parents are usually bros and give you cool stuff.

Evilember
Evilember

@CodeBuns
There is literally no way that could not be a mistake. Why?

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@Methshot
It's just what happens when you have 90% of a population made up of prey species and only 10% as pred. Honestly I really prefer TGWeaver's interpretation of Zootopia, which deals with the issue a little more convincingly Between all the porn. The numbers are a little more equalized and most people realize a few criminals don't represent a threat from the entire pred population as a whole.

@Boy_vs_Girl
Also, this. You'd think the pharmaceutical industry would be making a killing in Zootopia shelling out drugs that suppress the fear instinct still prevalent in so much of the population.

StonedTime
StonedTime

@Nojokur
So is there an actual stick that would do that or...?

@VisualMaster
@askme
These could work, but they seem to take a while to take effect.

@StrangeWizard
That seems a bit too out there considering my jumpers morals.

Thanks everyone for all the help.

takes2long
takes2long

@askme
no Lancer Sundiata with a NP that takes him from angry manjew level stats to murdermode

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@LuckyDusty
>Between all the porn
You actually read and rub your hands to that?

Emberfire
Emberfire

@Boy_vs_Girl
@LuckyDusty
Prescription drug addiction is wrong.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

I will never understand the people who seem to think Predators were oppressed or biased against before the movie.
Most of the cops are Preds, the Mayor is a Pred, they actively treat Prey like they can't accomplish anything without a Pred helping them.
The only Pred we see who was treated like crap before the movie begins was Nick, and that's because he was a Fox and they in particular have a reputation for being thieves.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

@Raving_Cute
I really love that pic. Question about Neptunia: CPUs are powered by faith and devotion, right? Does that mean they can hear and answer prayers? How does that mechanic work for them?

DeathDog
DeathDog

@Poker_Star
I find the story of the carnivorous sheep oddly fascinating.
Tiger Oil was one of the hottest comics I've read in months. I apologize for nothing.

eGremlin
eGremlin

@Emberfire
Better living through modern chemistry, motherfucker.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@StonedTime
So is there an actual stick that would do that or...?
No, that is just the Solar's distaste for the guy they're trying to reform showing through.

whereismyname
whereismyname

@Emberfire
Pretty sure it's better than DARTING PREDATORS ALL OVER TOWN AND MAKING THEM TURN SAVAGE AND LITERALLY KILL PEOPLE BECAUSE YOU DISLIKE THEM BELLWETHER!

Spamalot
Spamalot

@BlogWobbles
I don't think they can, actually, since they tend to head over the Request Board and do quests for their citizens in order to generate more faith. I think they mostly get by on the fact that praying to them generates Shares which help power the country + "worship" is mostly playing video games + they're goddesses who were literally born to run their nations.

Inmate
Inmate

@whereismyname
It's not just that she dislikes them. The mayor kind of treats her like a child dude. Like she only exists to get him the Prey vote, and should be put into a closet when not needed.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

@Spamalot
Huh. So, post jump, if you went CPU, will worship still be playing vidya or could we assign it as something else?

Emberburn
Emberburn

@TalkBomber
It seemed like there was some solid evidence of size discrimination more than anything.
People didn't take Judy Hopps seriously not just because she was a rabbit, but also because she was small.
Most of the police are large, physically powerful animals. The police chief himself was a goddamn Cape Buffalo voiced by the absolute legend Idris Elba
People didn't take Nick or his tiny desert cat partner seriously either, despite them both being Predators.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

@Emberburn
True, but there was bias towards Nick for being a Fox. Everyone who saw him immediately assumed he was a thief or a con artist, which he was, due to him being a fox.

The species-specific bias gets enough focus that I'm constantly surprised everyone only focuses on the "Preds vs Prey" thing.

farquit
farquit

@Raving_Cute
@Soft_member
That's why I hate Star Wars. If you're not super "good" you have to be a baby eating monster.

@Boy_vs_Girl
They need Valium, not enslaving.
But what if I take the 70% Less Fur drawback? Are you saying I shouldn't enslave cute catgirls, foxgirls, beargirls, etc. ?

idontknow
idontknow

@Fuzzy_Logic
Species-specific bias is a pre-existing condition of Zootopia for sure. Most people focus on the Pred vs Prey issue because it really only exists as a widespread thing after the movie, doesn't as a ton of concrete examples to point out, makes for a fun conversation, and feeds off the original concept the movie was originally going to go with.

I agree that the Pred vs Prey issue doesn't seem like a huge deal before the events of the film though. Everyone seems like they got along pretty well before Bellwether kicked things up.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@Inmate
That's what most of a politician's cabinet is. She's not being treated cruelly, she's being treated normally for her position. On top of that, she still gets the proper salary for her position.

SniperWish
SniperWish

@cum2soon
but their raw power
That they don't get to use.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@farquit
That's why I hate Star Wars. If you're not super "good" you have to be a baby eating monster.
Hardly. That's what the jedi council thinks and teaches, but it's objectively untrue and even has its doubters in the order.

And since when did jumpers give a shit about local authorities anyway?
Not only in general, but especially if they're morons.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@PurpleCharger
Pretty much just eating beasts and training my Vassal Tribe.

Which... now I'm unsure what kind of critter THESE should be.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

@kizzmybutt
Most of a politician's cabinet do not have their office in a janitor's closet.

Illusionz
Illusionz

Digimon world 2*
shut up! +100 annoying but it's 100 points
item embargo +200 I just need my gun and my sword.
attention magnet +200 it tends to happen anyway with me
chose kernel space -50
in a hurry
Digimon:Dobermon-200 have you seen the next four links in his evolution chain?
in a hurry -100 this will come in handy later even if it doesn't negate the drawback
access denied -600 need this
Pixie powerhouse free for Digimon hey it's free!
shout it out free for Digimon parlay!
unbreakable -200 discounted for Digimon I stack this like crazy
all for one -300 discounted for Digimon morally obligated to take this
tamer's license -50 I usually don't bother with this but there are certain occasions when it might come in handy.
Tower of chaos -200 discounted for Digimon taken from stipend now this is a training ground!
Call in the J Team: Monique free
Monique
mysterious stranger
have we met? Free for mysterious stranger
in a hurry free for mysterious stranger
access denied -300
the backup plan -300
Digibeetle Free
DB-browser free
unlimited power -50
all-terrain buggyX2 -100 taken from stipend.
gigahand -50
chrome finish:Gold Digizoid-200 100 taken from stipend.
*Note siding in directly before Arc: survival evolved
the plan: grinding through the tower with my wife in my alternian troll form,accepting Gaia's offer of fusion and then erasing its mind with the new all for one perk, free the children, open the barrier between the worlds and generally enact the good end of the game early. Afterward assume Dobermon form and start leveling up in Teradomain.

Supergrass
Supergrass

@CodeBuns
Who cares? It's a fucking office dude.

happy_sad
happy_sad

@kizzmybutt
Nah, "Smellweather" is getting treated pretty cruelly. While most cabinet picks are chosen just to compliment their vote potential, there's still a minimum amount of politeness that BW just doesn't receive. Public officials don't generally treat their SIC like a black sheep.

cum2soon
cum2soon

@idontknow
, and feeds off the original concept the movie was originally going to go with.
Personally I like the many different kinds of racism going on in the movie. It makes more sense.
People aren't just going to be split on a Pred vs Prey line, they are gonna be all over the place

Like the movie having Rabbits being treated as morons who live in the boonies.

Bidwell
Bidwell

@farquit
Are you saying I shouldn't enslave cute catgirls, foxgirls, beargirls, etc. ?
Those would all be Preds, so you wouldn't be enslaving them anyway.

Bunnygirls though. Bunnygirls are good. At multiplying.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@Supergrass
There is a level of respect someone who works for you deserves. Putting them in a janitor's closet shows a complete lack of respect.

Methshot
Methshot

@kizzmybutt
Giving a fuck about respect
Do people really tie their self worth in what their boss thinks of them? Seriously. The only thing that matters is the money and how hard your work is.

Emberfire
Emberfire

@Methshot
Numerous people like not being openly insulted, yes.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@Emberfire
That's pretty childish, frankly. Tying your self worth to your boss.

RumChicken
RumChicken

@Methshot
A lot of people tie their self worth to how they are treated by other people, yes.

JunkTop
JunkTop

@Methshot
and how hard your work is.
We are shown that the mayor foists all of his work on BW, all of it, that doesn't involve public appearances.

You sound like someone who does not understand how actual people think, and react to situations. There is a reason why, for example, in fiction that Antagonistic bosses usually act in the manor we see the Mayor act.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@SniperWish
Tbf they can if they choose a time before the cataclysm.

Soft_member
Soft_member

@cum2soon
Yeah, that's one of the nice things about the movie. There's all different ways to interpret and talk about what's going on in the background of it.

girlDog
girlDog

@Methshot
Some people actually have enough dignity not to take it when someone is consistently unpleasant to them.

massdebater
massdebater

@LuckyDusty
Childish or not, it's how the species works. We're social animals and we're status-conscious animals. If you're not like that, I'm happy for you. Honestly. You got out, that's great for you. But sadly, the majority of the species does not operate that way. And before you go "but Bellwether isn't part of our species", I'd like to remind you that sheep also have these drives, and in fact a "Bellwether" is leader of a herd of sheep. So "this character will not tolerate being treated as a social inferior" is literally in her name.

Techpill
Techpill

@girlDog
Then quit instead of going on a genocidal rampage.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@JunkTop
The mayor didn't foist all his work on Bellweather. He still ran that secret prison.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@LuckyDusty
Hardly. That's what the jedi council thinks and teaches, but it's objectively untrue and even has its doubters in the order.
Maybe that's how its portrayed half the time in the EU. Jedi Master gets mad? Instant fall to the dark side half the time.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@PurpleCharger
given you're a burning storm-wolf-god-thing, I would suggest some variant of mountain-dwelling tribe or even mega-fleas.

RavySnake
RavySnake

@lostmypassword
Maybe that's how its portrayed half the time in the EU. Jedi Master gets mad? Instant fall to the dark side half the time.
The Prequel trilogy acts the same. Only the Original Trilogy gives us anything that'd indicate otherwise, and that's just from Yoda (who we learn was a dick back then) and Obiwan (who was a heretic back then.)

TechHater
TechHater

@Ignoramus
Yeah but time periods without the plot are boring.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@Techpill
But then we wouldn't have a movie.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

@Ignoramus
That pic
Exactly what I used the 70% less furry drawback for.

girlDog
girlDog

@lostmypassword
That might have something to do with the fact that they're all emotionally stunted manchildren who have no idea how to handle negative emotions, so they lack the self control to avoid falling.
At least that's my interpretation.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

Starwars discussion
Has someone brought "muh grey" Jedi yet?

Methshot
Methshot

@Lord_Tryzalot
That character is still 60% furry, a 30% character would have a human face and fingers.

Snarelure
Snarelure

@Deadlyinx
No. Stop asking.

Skullbone
Skullbone

@Deadlyinx
Master baiter.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

@Methshot
Did you even read the drawback?

SniperWish
SniperWish

Zootopia was retarded in how it depicted some of the animals as prey. Like pigs, those things are omnivores and would rip any of the small animals to shreds and eat them at a whim.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@Deadlyinx
I fried some jedi with lightning, then incinerated their remains into ashes. Those are grey, does that work for you?

DeathDog
DeathDog

@BlogWobbles
This is a legitimately accurate picture of the deep sea.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@SniperWish
It was a Disney movie directed mainly towards kids. Of course a few things are going to be glossed over and simplified. They don't really go into detail on pigs in any case.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@Deadlyinx
Grey Jedi are a trap apparently set by the Sith/Dark Jedi to sabotage wavering Jedi; except when it isn't.

Lunatick
Lunatick

Negi Springfield got happily married to someone in a potential timeline.
Check for signs of the Apocalypse while jumping in Negima.

King_Martha
King_Martha

@StrangeWizard
Grey Jedi is just a term for Jedi who left the Jedi Order for any of various reasons, usually because of the prohibition against love, being banned from taking decisive action on something they felt important, or even over petty doctrinal disagreements. Seriously the Jedi act like medieval Catholics over that shit.

Emberburn
Emberburn

@King_Martha
So Obi Wan is a grey? Works for me.

Flameblow
Flameblow

@King_Martha
I thought it was for force users who tried to find a middle path between the light side and the dark side, or even has philosophies that ignored the distinction. Like Vergere in the EU.

Nojokur
Nojokur

@Emberburn
Obi Wan was unorthodox. He wasn't even close to getting kicked out or leaving though.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@Emberburn
We can't all keep our natural hair colour as we age, user. Don't trigger the prematurely old people.

askme
askme

@Emberburn
Not really, he technically isn't because he was never kicked out.

@Nojokur
Oh, he was pretty close. He held the same beliefs as his Master, who was on the brink of being exiled for them. Obiwan was probably spared because of his age, the tragedy of his master, and the fact that he wasn't quite as outspoken.

@Flameblow
It's sometimes used to mean that, but it's technically not a proper usage. Grey Jedis often do that, but many people hold a similar philosophy or follow a force doctrine without a light/dark dichotomy who were never Jedi.

DeathDog
DeathDog

@askme
Oh, he was pretty close.
Really depends on what material you follow I guess. The Clone Wars show had any differences Obi Wan had with the Jedi Council set aside because he was really good at the whole Clone Wars thing. Before that it might have been shakier but they seemed to dismiss most problems because Obi Wan was really good at being a Jedi.

w8t4u
w8t4u

@DeathDog
I never saw the cartoon, myself. I'm not surprised, though. The Jedi Council has a long history of putting that shit aside during an actual conflict for the sake of their own self interests. Wouldn't want to get another Revan, I imagine.

Evilember
Evilember

@DeathDog
I actually suspect that the Council kept Obi Wan around simply so that they'd have a nominally loyal eye on Anakin, whom they had greater concerns about. The Council has a history of not really giving a damn about conflicts that aren't directly Jedi related - Revan's involvement with the Mandalorian War was in defiance of the Council, for example.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@King_Martha
Didn't the Order hunt them down?

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

@Evilember
I think using some of the stuff from fucking Revan's time against the Jedi Order is a bit unfair. I mean they basically got wiped out to a man like six times since then. The Jedi of the New Republic were clearly more inclined to give a damn seeing as they didn't get all that pissy about Qui Gonn and Obi Wan playing lightsaber diplomacy with the Trade Federation.

King_Martha
King_Martha

@LuckyDusty
Yes, they often would. Not always, depends on the reason and who it was. Hell, some members were allowed to just retire if they were in good standing.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@Spazyfool
The Jedi of that Era were still just as autistic about doctrine and being anti-emotion and humanity in general, the only real difference is that they were more okay with using their power as a political entity.

Firespawn
Firespawn

any jumps that involve time loops, or perks that let you create them? kind of like the idea for training and just general fun.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@kizzmybutt
That sounds like EU writers not getting what George Lucas was trying to say which was that Jedi shouldn't be ruled solely by their emotions and should instead have clarity and self awareness of their actions.

Not that I can blame them, Lucas was really bad at getting that message across.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page