Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Taking care of business edition

Previous >Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW[Open]

>Top 5 Squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Fuck off with this stupid "Katanas are weak" shit. I have owned 7 katanas since my last trip to Japan in Heisei 25. I can confirm that they are able to cut through a full block of concrete or a standard western sword.

Do you take off your fedora when you are using them?

News about guard doctrines when?

Nth for Sisters a QT !

>responding to bait this obvious

Probably all this week or next week.

Starting either Monday or the following Monday after that.

When codex is leaked.

>What happens if you make a katana starting from Damascus steel?
Damascus Steel isn't actually a specific type of metal. It's what you get when you subject normal steel (not the shitty Nippon variant) to the repetitive folding process used for Damascan swords and katanas.

Tl:dr - Damascus Steel is what you get from giving good quality steel the "katana" treatment. Making a katana from Damascus steel would just be repeating the folding to not much extra effect.

>Implying I would wear western headgear.
I only wear the Hachimaki, gaijin-baka

I hope they will buff veterans and lemans.

Or at least give vets something along the lines of their doctrines back.

>HONORABLE MENTION: Hair Squig

>When anOrk wants to impress his mates, and doesn’t have a skull or ten to hand, he simply grabs a Hair Squig – these beasts are exceptionally hirsute, and, when biting onto an Ork’s head, give the impression of a beautiful flowing mane of hair.

Wait I thought the thufts of hair on orks were, like, i don't know, hair they cut from normie heads and then glued or just stuck into their scalps somehow

they're actually just squigs?

Hardsteel fag here, as a common trial of worthiness, a prospective samurai would have to cut through a section of sheet metal (about 1-2 or so inches thick and a few feet in length)
The entire thing is based around angle, force and flow. Katanas are actually bloody impressive at cutting through armour, if used properly. You can't just swing them around like a meathead.

Knowing orks, probably both.

Of course user. Can't you tell by how the squig looks?

I assumed some Orks just had hair

>Storm of Metal

>All across the Imperium, primary holdings – from mining colonies to Knight worlds to forge worlds – find themselves under attack from Necrons. The influx of Chaos energies has triggered anti-warp protocols in every Necron tomb world, and things that have lain dormant for aeons stir once more. The infamous Technomandrites, struck down by the Silent King, return. Panic rises amongst the Tech-Priests, for they are already besieged from without, and the Necron threat is coming from within.

>Bane of the Forge Worlds

>Although there are many theories, none understands the reason for the Necron attacks upon forge world territories as well as Archmagos Belisarius Cawl. Both sides are seeking deposits of the strange material from which the Cadian pylons were fashioned, and many Adeptus Mechanicus strongholds have been erected upon sites containing this precious resource. Cawl sends his own agents – armies of Mars and House Taranis – across the stars in an effort to combat the growing danger, and hundreds of battles are fought as more and more forge worlds are drawn into the conflict to aid their beleaguered brethren. Even those Tech-Priests that begin to understand the reality of the dire situation are loath to call upon their Imperial allies for fear of being branded hereteks.

According to the text from the new Admech codex, the Necrons are mobilizing to deal with the rising tide of Chaos. Mass awakenings are happening and the stakes have never been higher since the War in Heaven. The blackstone substance used in the creation of the pylons are highly sought after by the Necrons in order to fashion new technologies to push back the incursions of the Warp. However, this galaxy saving resource exists on Forgeworlds and other admech strongholds. The Admech won't share that resource with those who can use it to the fullest to save the galaxy. Does this make the Admech the bad guys? They are literally standing between the galaxy and its salvation.

>They are literally standing between the galaxy and its salvation.
BASED.

>Implying the Necrons wouldn't just wipe out the Forge Worlds anyway.
Neither side is in the right until Daddy Cawl and Trollzyn come to an agreement.

The AdMech has literally no reason to trust the Necrons. Also I really doubt that the Necrons are just asking nicely for the materials.

Considering Cawl's interactions with the pylons in FoC it wouldn't surprise me if he's seeking to make his own pylons.

It was too delicious

So I got one of these for free from my LGS owner. This fucking shit right here is $35. What the fuck is GW smoking?

What are your guys opinion of making the Necrons the rivals of the Admech? I think it might have been done because the Tyranids vs Necron angle wasn't that engaging.

Anyways, the new 8th ED keeps mentioned the Technomandrites several times. The Technomandrites are suppose to be like an independent organisation of super Crypteks. It appears that if new Necron content is coming it will be in the form vehicles and cenoptek constructs with the new cryptek models being the center pieces of the release.

Necrons want to save the galaxy for themselves, and genocide anyone not them. So does the Imperium. No real good or bad guys, just your guys.

>Considering Cawl's interactions with the pylons in FoC it wouldn't surprise me if he's seeking to make his own pylons.

The "Dark Imperium" has him combining the technologies of the Old Ones, Eldar, and Necrons to create the Imperial Pylons. That can end in nothing but disaster. Better let the experts do it.

the cost of a 1 off steel mould. they need to make the money back.

Can a posessed still prince out?

If so, does the riding daemon still stay bound? Would be pretty shitty to be a Bloodletter joyriding some berzerker douche then suddenly he's the size of an elephant and outranks you.

Why would he? The Necrons want to genocide everyone else. Why let the "experts" do it when it brings no benefit to anyone, except necrons.

This triggers me

They seem to have been putting out a lot more stuff that would require one-off molds in the last year or two, has it got cheaper for them to make the things or something?

we are nearing

Actually, the Necrons want to enslave the races of the galaxy, not wipe them out.

And the benefit is possibly closing the Great Rift which is steadily growing and threatening to consume everything and everyone in the galaxy.

Why?

Why?

why?

Why?

Why?

But why?

MUH 6 MILLION BOYZ

Why though?

.. so slavery to the necrons instead of slavery to chaos? wew lad you totally convinced me why the ad mech should submit to the necrons.

That happened during the 2nd armageddon war, not the third one
And the legion was destroyed because of stupid imperium HQ, not because he wanted to sacrifice himself

Answer the boys

Hoomie, never forget, six million of the chosen ork boyz were killed by titanic monsters such as yourself

Oh, they retconned it for the better, then.

meant for

test

>Would be pretty shitty to be a Bloodletter joyriding some berzerker douche then suddenly he's the size of an elephant and outranks you.
Thems the breaks.
Chaos only gives a shit about humanity in the first place because humans have the potential to out buff their own. And If you're not tuff enough to be the king instead of the horse thats on you.

>Desperate, the Overlord commanded the Legio Metalica to perform the impossible task of stemming the massive greenskinned tide of Orks from overrunning the planet. Holding temporary command of the Legion after the death (suspected to be an assassination) of its Grand Master, Princeps Senioris Kurtiz Mannheim reluctantly obeyed the Overlord. By Imperial law he was required to perform his duties, and so Mannheim put on his best dress uniform, told his family goodbye and prepared to sell his life dearly. Unable to betray his oath of loyalty to the Emperor, Mannheim climbed aboard his Titan Steel Hammer and led his battle group to their inevitable destruction. The Legion fought long and hard, and Steel Hammer accounted for the destruction of three Ork Gargants before it was severely damaged. Not going down without a fight, Mannheim ordered his war machine to be taken into the centre of the Ork forces before his Titan’s reactor melted down. When the reactor detonated, a half dozen Gargants were taken out, delivering a powerful message to Ghazghkull that the Collegia Titanica would never rest whilst a single Ork lived to taint Armageddon’s soil.
Was the old version according to warhammer40k.wikia, I think I prefer it, the self-sacrifice is dutiful rather than sort out and 9 Ork gargants seems like a better tally for an Emperor-class titan.

You don't really understand the way Chaos works, do you :(

I'm basically just asking what happens to the 'letter. Does he get absorbed? Kicked out? Trapped there? Still attached but can leave? Seperate, but the prince's butt slave?

Or hell, still driving and the daemon gets a promotion whilst the host becomes a small voice at the back of his own daemon prince head?

That I'm stating it would suck doesn't mean I think it would be unusual.

I also prefer the old version, but what's really bothering me is that they changed the war this event taked place in, which is rather dumb

I don't really like this version to be quite honest.

Would you say two dedicated anti-tank units (plus a little help from plasma/smite etc.) is enough at 1500 points, or would a third probably be necessary?

Octs for Khorne!

I missed out by 3 :(

(Me)

Oh well, I tried.

Let's see where Khorne's favour truly lies:

>55555555

That is two fails.

depends, what ant tank unit are we talking about ?
Not all anti tank units are equaly useful

Necron players, how much of the army is warrior dependent?

I'm looking to play 1000 point games to start off with and I'm trying to fit things around but warriors are so expensive.

How efficient is Warrior spamming? I was thinking of using 2 groups of 20 warriors, but that's 480 points right there. Almost exactly half the points devoted to troops alone.

A twin lascannon helbrute, and a predator with 2-4 lascannons. While that feels like a decent number of lascannons, am partially worried that that would be all my anti-tank eggs in two baskets.

Thousand sons, if you're wondering, so you can probably guess what the rest of the army mostly looks like. Can't just post a list as still messing with things though, hence trying to work out how much anti-tank to include.

I would say that this two units plus some plasma and smite should be enough

Looking for feedback on an AdMech List. 2000 points

Spearhead Detatchment(Mars FW)
Belisarious Cawl

Cybernetica Datasmith
2x Kastelan Robots
W/ All Phosphor

3x Onager Dunecrawlers
W/ Neutron Laser + 2 stubbers

5x Skitarii Rangers
W/ 2x Transuranic + omnispex

Battalion Detatchment(Graia FW)

Tech-Priest Dominus(Warlord)
W/ Phosphor serpenta, volkite blaster + cerebral Techno-Mitre

Tech-Priest Dominus
W/ Phosphor serpenta, volkite blaster

Skitarii Vanguard ×10
W/ plasma caliver + omnispex
Skitarii Vanguard ×10
Skitarii Vanguard ×10
3× Kataphron Destroyers
W/ Heavy Grav Cannon + Cognis Flamer

The plan is to leave the Mars detatchment at the back and play aggresive with the Graia detatchment, making the most of the 8 command points ive got to try the new stratagems

Are any of the pic related product worth to buy?

Cool, thanks.

you could use the data tether on your skitarii to buff them even more, two strategems give more boni to units equipped with them. Equipping one dunecrawler with an icarus array would also be usefull, after all there are many units with the "fly" keyword by now

Fuck off SJWs.

I hope GW doesn't cave to pressure and release new Sisters.

Should have squatted them at the start of 8th.

Had an awesome game at the weekend.

Meat grinder narrative mission. Imperial guard infantry gunline against a horde of 120 zombies with 20 plaguebearer buddies , typhus, papa nurgle, and a smattering of helbrutes and drones. Easily 200+ models on the table.

Guard narrowly won thanks to a commander who managed 5 5+ invuns against a helbrute over two rounds of combat and a lone bullgryn surrounded by 50+ poxwalkers who managed to hold out as the last of his squad.

What did you guys get up to?

They are a premium product in a luxury hobby. Only you can define "worth" here.

There's no reason to put the data tether on skitarii for the +2 to hit unless you plan on firing after advancing a bunch or are fighting people using RG/AL tactics.

>i am a bitter faggot, the post

>All the "sub generals" are gone
Did everybody make nice or did mods step in?

Can someone clarify for me, the following.
In the rules, it states that when a unit is successfully wounded, the wounds go first onto any wounded model and then onto any remaining non-wounded models. I get this. It then states, that any wounds caused from a single attack that go beyond the remaining wounds of the targeted model are lost. Basically a single shot can't kill multiple models. I get this, too.
However, in the example in the picture, the Smite ability looks to spread its wounds over multiple models in a unit, even though it's a single attack.
Is this a characteristic of psychic abilities in general or is it a characteristic of mortal wounds - allowing a single attack to kill a model, then transfer the remaining mortal wounds caused to another model? If a shooting-phase weapon causes mortal wounds, rather than just 'damage', can those mortal wounds also be spread over multiple models within the unit (obviously choosing any already-damaged models first)?
New to all this, thanks for the help in clarifying.

Genestealer purestrains in a GSC army are amazing.
Especially with cult ambush.
I am loving this army, they look great and they hit hard :)

The dice are cool if you're into that. But a bit hard to read and make people go reee.

Morts Mort. Get him if you want Mort and have opponents happy to play against Mort.

The 3 dudes seem pointless. The snapfit 3 man box is much cheaper and you get a blight launcher and a plasma dude.

Books and materials are up to you. I don't tend to buy into limited edition as I don't see the point but lots of people love that shit.

regular wounds dont spread, but mortal wounds do

Russ at the end of the year.
Angron at the start of the year.

Mortal wounds are the exception in this instance and do spill over.

Mortal Wounds carry over

America here just waking up
What have I missed?

Thanks!

it's a d3 mortal wounds, not a hit causing a d3 wounds, which is confusing but different in this edition.

Thanks for sharing user :)

see

I plan to keep 2 tech-priests with the skitarii so they will reroll 1s anyway and my LGS is full of cover camping space marine players so i like the omnispex, tried the Icarus Array and it was decent versus flyers but i dont play against enough of them to justify it

Today at 16:00 we should have the first one

Cadia: Unyielding. Add 1 to the Leadership characteristic of Cadian models with this doctrine. In addition, Cadian units with this doctrine can still shoot in a turn in which they fell back, but if they do so you must subtract 1 from their hit rolls in the Shooting phase.

Anyone got the DG White Dwarf leaks?

Apparently it's £30 for 7 plague marines, £15 for banner plague marine and £15 for plague marine champion with the cute nurgling

And by 16:00 I mean 15:00 London Time

>, Cadian units with this doctrine can still shoot in a turn in which they fell back, but if they do so you must subtract 1 from their hit rolls in the Shooting phase.

they can do that better already thanks to orders

Any guessing on what the first one will be?
I can't wait to hear how cadia's fire discipline and hard training gives them +1 LD and the ability to advance and shoot their lasguns

Cadia will probably get Sharpshooters back

no worries, friendo

Also included:

Plague marine champion: £15
Plague marine icon bearer: £15
Plagueburst Crawler: £40
Bloat drone: £30
All the recent named models that appeared on the WC post are also priced at £15

Now you can do it and frsf

While +1LD is probably a given, I assume the second ability will be something more defensive, like transforming their RapidFire in Pistol or some stuff like that.

Want to bet that the Plague Marines will be monoposed?