Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Operator Tau Pathfinders edition

Previous:
>Catachan Focus: Catachan stronk
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/25/regimental-focus-catachan-sep25gw-homepage-post-2/

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sALiuWg_I1k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for memes

FIRST FOR THE OMNISSIAH

Whats a fun army

world eaters

[childish shooting noises]

Harlequins, its an army of Usain Bolt dashing across the board

Not everyone can spam mortals wounds easily

dubs chooses my color scheme

Does that one tank just have a big fucking spotlight?

Do favor hordes or lords? Boyz or toys? Conscripts or big shits?

[childish wizard noises]

Are those primaris Psykers behind the tank line?

>double stacked treads

>double treads
I see you are down with the fikness

Oh, hey. I play tau, too.

+1 to hit whatever it points at, pretty good

>those mats
>the edge guards
>the fucking TV trays

I see you, Stomping Grounds

Neon pink and blue with a yellow trim

nth for necron codex when

who is the big boy with the shield?

>homebrew
RUH ROH

Posting again
Is the Perturabo Audiobook in the Mega? I can't find it anywhere and I wanna listen to it while painting.

>double tracks

silver with green trim and eye lenses

How are Death Korps in 8th edition lads?

send me the text and I'll read it to you live while you paint

Just Hitler, actually

My converted DP
Kairos is being a screaming fuck in the background

From time to time I watch #paintingwarhammer on instagram

Am I the only one who is getting sick and tired of the monopose primaris, like the sergeant or lieutenant?
At first they were nice, but now they are everywhere and with the same fucking pose

Tau got rail and missiles for mortal wounds
Not easily spammed but can pop them out.

Are there any factions that can barely produce any mortals at all?

LOLorks

Necrons have a hard time with only deathmarks and c'tan having any real access to them.

Enginseers and an inquisitorial henchman model standing in as an enginseer since I forgot one that week.

naw you're right, I felt the same way. Only so many times you can look at the same model, even if its painted by pros.

So its a Deathleaper combined with some AoS Undead torso and a Weaver of Fate head?

Heavy firepower distributed over a number of squads and tanks with a healthy dose of bubble wrap.

Orks have psykers don't they? With access to smite

ooh yeah, necrons, forgot them
ya, they'd definitely struggle with invulns then

Yes, I get sick of it, monopose is annoying.
But apparently if you complain about it you're being whiny and entitled.

Not my fault I enjoy putting effort into making my mini my own and that includes posing it.

with the Weirdboys ability to increase the number on their psychic tests they can shit out D6 mortal wound smites decently well, but I believe that is basically it

Tankhammers too but that is an expensive 1 shot

>the screaming anus behind kairos

just one unit with access to mortal wounds, unless shokk attack gun does?

Daily remind that this is also $35

Why do you people give the monopose autists the attention they so desperately crave?

Helbrute abs, Necrosphinx Torso, Tyrant legs, LoC head, Verminlord staff, Exalted disc, Treelord Tabard

stomping grounds

You coming in on Wednesday?

wait...there are people who DON'T make shooting and explosion noises during their turn?

Question: Certain units have abilities that allow them to be setup outside 9" of enemy units, however, do they all count as moving?

I know some units, like Tele Strike/Gate, count as moving - but do units like Scouts/Assassins/Raven Guard Strat where they reveal their position count as moving?

I recall a FAQ question on it, but can't find it.

Anons, have you ever bought and painted a model because you liked the design, or not bought a really good model because you knew you'd butcher it when painting? Tell me about those models to assuage my shame.

Nah. I don't get down that way much, and my work hours prevent anything fun from happening during the week. There are some, erm, interesting characters there. Mostly not unpleasent, though.

>tfw own 30 unpainted kingdom death models because you will just ruin them trying to paint them

>140 points remaining in DG list
>blight-hauler is 142

If it happens before the game begins I don't believe they count as moving.

i'm actually kind of scared fucking shitless of painting any sort of vehicle due to the level of paiting/assembly required

I'm holding off on painting my Gravis guy because I feel like I really want to practice my stuff with the other troops before

This is essentially what I've done so far, there's one Intercessor that I've completed that's not on the pic since then

Yeah, we call those people "nofun faggots".

If they arrived mid-turn, they count as having moved.

If they set up before the game begins, like the Raven Guard strat, they do not, and can move in the movement phase on their turn.

I make those noises in my head, to not annoy my opponents. I later write those down in my battle reports and enjoy the dramatic story that results.

Keep points aside and summon a daemons?

not bad. just needs a name now

Post list.

[childish robot noises]

Necrons

For things like chapter tactics/Forgeworlds /Regiments

Can you use multiple Tactics if you have multiple detachments that are all mono? (Obviously only effecting their own detachment)

like a Detachment of just Cadians, and a detachment of just Scions?
Or a Detachment of just Mars, and a detachment of just Lucius?

The Scaevola. Cool kids will get it, nerds won't plus naming captains mucius or Cincinnatus and stuff is neat. Bonus points if all right hands are a different color

Dear god.

Play this everytime you use the Punisher
youtu.be/sALiuWg_I1k

Man, those look great! Way better than my shitty old Death Guard.

Hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahah lol

Yes

You heard the man.

I really like that Lieutenant, though.

No idea what army I want to start next. First post that ends on 0 decides?

There's always such interesting life at game shops. I feel like I'm on safari every time I go into mine.

Most folks are all right, but some...well, the owner put up a small sign that says "Please bathe before coming to event nights."

Space Marine Chapter
wutang where ya at

Yeah, just don't be a dick and make it easy to tell who's who. Mixing buffs is really annoying to play against, as someone who's played against "but THESE marines are sons of salamanders, because rer- they're expert marksmen!"

Great work on the Banner
two tips though

1. I'm not entirely sure perhaps its the light, on your knee decals. try making some relief cuts in them to so that they lie flat on the surface of the knee pad

2. On white crests use ulthuan grey, or 50/50 ulthuan and white scar followed by white scar highlights

Other than that nice work mate, very clean and crisp

FW only army of Krieg

Thank you.

Thanks
I'm just getting my scions into their own detachment so i can actually use the rest of my guard.

Grot Rebellion.

Rate my stupidity.

Five AL DPs of Tz with the Changeling among them all

-2 to hit while they get across the board and have 1200 pts of termis deepstrike

checked

thanks man, spent my sweet time doing these, honestly coming back into the hobby was so worth it, in terms of finding all these skills I had and that I could practice (the duncan vids are a fucking godsend)

HAHAHAHA

Be nice to the chaos mousey.

What the fug. I'll look into it. I do like Krieg I dont like FW prices.

Actually, I made mine a giant Screamer

>try making some relief cuts in them to so that they lie flat on the surface of the knee pad

relief cut, why didn't I think of that. Thanks man it's not the lighting they actually clump up a bit, it's been frustrating but I figured the less I fidget around with them the less I might end up even more frustrated

>white crests

you mean the knee pads? yeah I learned from my mistake of doing straight white, at least it's such a small region that it doesn't look too THICC

I managed to find the points by swapping two baleswords for bubotic axes. I'll just have to convert them because the kit only comes with three. Also it's not exact until there's an FAQ about the prince's wings.

Neat.

Vehicles are easy with drybrushing. Especially Marine vehicles.

I love that lieutenant because he's like $5 on eBay and has a dynamic, yet generic pose that makes converting a dream

Prince with Wings is definitely 170

Axes are better than Swords anyways

>kit only comes with three

GWWWWWWWWWW!!~!!

it just takes a little bit of creativity with the primaris models

How silly does the name "war elephants" sound for a space marine chapter anons?

fucking cool.

Eh

if you're going to imply elephants (or elephant imagery), why not use something like "Swords of Hannibal" (I know, I know, but still)

monopose is easier to design and allows them to make convoluted sprues, which fuck with recasters.

LIEUTENANT DAN! YOU AIN'T GOT NO TREADS!

Pretty silly desu

Only if you use the goofy terminator heads that have the two tusks and give them a gas-mask trunk made of greenstuff.
Even the ones who aren't terminators.

that's the part I'm thinking will save me, i feel like drybrushing works best for very large areas like vehicle plating to catch all those rivets