EDH/Commander General /edhg/

"No, he can't be your commander" Edition

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question: Let's talk about price spikes and buyouts: What have you dodged, profited from, or been shafted by?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/riddle-me-this-budget-sphinx-tribal/
tappedoutnet/mtg-decks/26-09-17-daxos-enchants/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

profited from chalice of the voids shafted from everything else

>one or more creatures you control to a player

Garbage

>Thread Question: Let's talk about price spikes and buyouts: What have you dodged, profited from, or been shafted by?
literally had one of these 3 days ago
BORING
YOU SUCK
STOP MAKING BAD THREADS

Yeah his + is very mediocre, his -2 is quite good, but it's hard to be a good planeswalker if you have neither a good + ability nor a good 0 ability

>Order a Scourge of the Throne and Captain Sisay for my Samut deck some months ago
>Their prices now
I mean, I'm glad I have an extra 40$ laying around with Captain Sisay, but why are they so fucking expensive now?

I've had a Wheel in my basket for ages and I get paid on Thursday and now it's way too expensive.

Is it bad I like him?

Planeswalkers were changed to Legendary so Captain Sisay can tutor them

Yes.

Scourge I'm guessing because of Ur Dragon but I'm not sure

Is that really worth an 30$ increase?

Why release this and this in the same set when one is so much better than the other?

>There are still people that don't know what Planeswalker Deck exclusive cards means

One is from the shitty planeswalker deck and the other isn't

They've been doing that for a few years after they made planeswalker decks their starter decks

The second one is not in the boosters, it's in the planeswalker decks, which is the new intro decks.

Yes and no. Scarcity factors in.

Shafted: Paid too much for the Breed Lethality C16 deck. I wanted to get back into mtg, and had been looking at artifacts, tokens, and charge tribal for my first deck. Atraxa was exactly what I wanted at the time. (hurr I'm an atraxhole, I deserve it)

On the profit side, sold an unlimited Black Lotus for $200 cash.

Some user was complaining about the price of Scourge of the Throne spiking to +40 dollars and Wheel going to 50 a few weeks ago. I checked tcgplayer out of disbelief to find it was true, but for some reason foreign cards weren't affected. I bought a jap one the second I saw that 9 dollar price tag.

I'll probably never have a wheel of fortune though. 30 dollars is a lot for me and normally when I start to question myself and the hobby and I didn't think it'd just out of nowhere skyrocket. Not it's, what, 110 dollars?

Just seems like a worse unraveler of secrets

thats reaaaaaally bad though if you had an untap centric deck im sure you could justify it

with O-Kagachi I can finally make my Kamigawa spirit tribal deck. Any advice or spicy tech with kamigawa spirits, or spirits in general?

Mind Sculptor was the best version.

jace is getting more and more twinky each set, bishi boislut memory adept was pretty cute but then he had that greasy autist phase on ravnica

vryns prodigy was still the cutest

There are a ton of little evasive creatures in Ixalan.

So the more autistic Jace is the better the set is for MtG?

I guess that's why Lorewyn, Zendikar, and RtR were good then and why Origins, SOI, and Ixalan suck dick

And the most cards you can ever draw is one from that effect no matter how many creatures or players you hit unless if you get lucky and your opponent keeps up your planeswalker long enough

Should I use Kheru Mind-Eater in "Steal shit" Scarab God or Edgar?

yep, also sets without a jace at all seem pretty good

>What have you dodged, profited from, or been shafted by?
I bought a Judge Gaea's Cradle for $470. The following week, it was $900. Very pleased with that purchase.

>"No, he can't be your commander" Edition
Yet. That shit is coming, you heard it here.

>Theros

Wheel is spiking over the past week. 1 week ago you could easily buy a decent revised one for 50$ but now you have to pay 75$ for an HP one.

>Yet. That shit is coming, you heard it here.

So the format will be ruined and die? Gotcha.

Do any Planeswalkers have biological children?

Run arcane spells and bounce.

>not liking the best set for flavorfags

the only people who dont like theros are standardcucks

Go full flavourtown, with all the myojins and hondas, that which was taken, that thing which makes divinity counters, the spirit dragons, and mana filtering things to get the colours you need.

I didn't know Guy Fieri played MtG

Tamiyo IIRC

You can't play O-kagachi and not go full flavourtown. 5C kamigawa spirits, arcane, misc other flavourtown stuff.

>best set for flavorfags
Nice try.

Speaking of Tamiyo why did she help the Eldrazi?

bought mirror gallery for Inalla edh

Promised kannushi, nikko onna, yuki-onna, nine ring bo, some of tje ghost-lit cycle, genju of the realms, myojins, hondens, spirit dragons, sekki. Just went through the kamigawa block searching spirit. Combine with tech from innistrad bant spirits or something. Devouring greed is still greedy as fuck wincon

Emmy brainraped her. Shit was hot.

>ral will never have kiddos with the moon babe

shit taste honestly

What connects these two together?

Any cheap suggestions to add to my shitty Unesh deck? Looking at spending less than £20 over the current cost, so only suggestions that total less than that will be appreciated but I'll definitely note some more expensive additions

Some of the cards aren't great but I've already got some of them.

I have a mirror gallery from long ago, havent found a use in inalla with it. Not much impact in copying legendary wizards

same cost
its comparing power I assume

dur
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/riddle-me-this-budget-sphinx-tribal/

I actually just meant to post Baron Sengir, forgot I had the edit. It was meant as a dramatic representation of how even though Homelands is considered the worst set ever its flavor text is on par or better than any other set out there.

yeah I bought it on a lark thinking it might be good and might spike
im selling it to a friend for 35
bought it at 12 so alls good

I don't know how to build commander decks I took the 2015 enchant deck and added my own collection to I can I ether get a guide or some help on this deck
1x Ajani's Chosen
1x Aura of Silence
1x Banishing Light
1x Barren Moor
1x Bastion Protector
1x Black Market
1x Blessed Spirits
1x Cage of Hands
1x Celestial Ancient
1x Celestial Archon
1x Command Tower
1x Consecrated by Blood
1x Crystal Chimes
1x Curse of Disturbance
1x Dawn to Dusk
1x Daxos the Returned *CMDR* (C15)
1x Daxos's Torment
1x Dictate of Heliod
1x Doomwake Giant
1x Dreadbringer Lampads
1x Evolving Wilds
1x Fate Unraveler
1x Felidar Umbra
1x Ghost Quarter
1x Ghostblade Eidolon
1x Grasp of Fate
1x Grave Peril
1x Herald of the Host
1x Holy Mantle
1x Hyena Umbra
1x Karmic Justice
1x Knight of the White Orchid
1x Knightly Valor
1x Kor Sanctifiers
1x Lightning Greaves
1x Mammoth Umbra
1x Mark of the Vampire
1x Marshal's Anthem
1x Mesa Enchantress
1x Monk Idealist
1x Necromancer's Covenant
1x Nighthowler
1x Oblivion Ring
1x Open the Vaults
1x Oreskos Explorer
1x Orzhov Basilica
1x Orzhov Cluestone
1x Orzhov Guildgate
1x Orzhov Signet
1x Phyrexian Arena
1x Phyrexian Reclamation
11x Plains
1x Predator's Gambit
1x Rogue's Passage
1x Seal of Cleansing
1x Seal of Doom
1x Secluded Steppe
1x Shielded by Faith
1x Sigil of the Empty Throne
1x Silent Sentinel
1x Sol Ring
1x Stab Wound
12x Swamp
1x Tainted Field
1x Temple of the False God
1x Terramorphic Expanse
1x Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts
1x Thought Vessel
1x Tormented Soul
1x Treasury Thrull
1x Underworld Coinsmith
1x Underworld Connections
1x Vampire Nighthawk
1x Vivid Marsh
1x Vivid Meadow
1x Vow of Duty
1x Vow of Malice
1x Wayfarer's Bauble
1x Yoke of the Damned

Tip 1: link the page next time

>literally in tappedout format
>copy pasted instead of linking
You sure do need some help friendo.

said it was spam
tappedoutnet/mtg-decks/26-09-17-daxos-enchants/

how terrible of an idea would making a Grixis Waifus deck

I'm thinking Marchesa or Inalla for Wizard Waifus

>Theros
>good flavor

Ah, the sweet smell of underage. I bet you think Elspeth is a good character too.

Innistrad had the best flavor

She was better than the main 3 girls. Nissa, Liliana, and Chandra are a trio of retard lesbians now.

>Liliana
>lesbian
Has shown no leaning that way.

pre-eldrazi yes it did

>not enjoying the classics
please dont vape in here, I know you like rick and morty but just keep your autism out of these threads

try it in Mairsil with Pack Rat and Myr Propogator

How bad you want triceps Jace to untap your shit?

Made some money off my patron wizards & Co

Naw, she takes all that monoBBC Dick instead

Since we are talking lore wtf is Vraska doing?

Don't ever put Shadows over Shittistrad in the same sentence as Innistrad, it's missing everything that made Innistrad fun.

I laughed when Zendikar fans got assblasted over BFZ but when the same thing happened to my favorite setting I saw why they were mad.

Even mid Eldrazi it did. The Gitrog Monster's story was pretty sweet.
>Solve the Mystery!
>The Mystery was Eldrazi, betcha never saw that coming!

I rather have Tammy-Os untap my dik

Her best.

start by playing the better commander

Well yeah. All nuWalkers are shit, that goes without saying.

>theros
>classic

This is some next level bait, well done.

>Taiga is only $60
>tempted to make a deck and buy one
>GR is the shittiest color combo
>mfw

>Inalla for Wizard Waifus
It's a very pretty deck but there are surprisingly few great choices.

do you really need a ABUR dual for a two color deck?

Enjoy your wrong opinion.

Id say her story could have been done better, but i liked that they had her story as a tragedy to fit in with greek myth theme

>GR is the shittiest color combo
>Angry Omnath
>Ruric
>Xenagod
>Wort
>Angry Borb

>theros
>greek mythos
>no kratos
What the fuck wizards? Get your history books in order

Only if you really, really want to do Valakut shenanigans.

Not really but I at least want to buy one that's cheap like Taiga, Savannah, or Scrublands (not Plateau because R/W is actually not playable) before they jump up prices like crazy seeing what happened to a few cards this week.

Maybe I'll go B/W and get Scrublands

If it doesn't lead to a turn 4 combo win or lockout it's not good. Xenagod is fucking silly from experience, one shotting people with Malignus is fun.

That's the reserved list for you!

I wish Nissa would just become elf hitler again.

Can't, that would taint her image for marketing purposes.

Can't have any nuwalker risk being interesting, now.

Not that most of them were in the first place. It's pretty much just Ajani at this point, and his range of emotions is just a shallow "I'M MAD SO I'M RED NOW" joke.

I traded in four Protean Hulks as bulk rare before the unbanning. Feels bad

Elf hitler was so much better than her current character.

Shadows was fine. Eldritch Moon jumped the shark and gave it tentacles.

Ajani is a tired old man at this point.

>Can't have any nuwalker risk being interesting, now.
Garruk can into interesting, I'm sure. Too bad WotC is too afraid to into Garruk anymore.

That's a thousand times better than "edgy hip teen" or "edgy ancient retcon" though.

How the fuck did he get so old when the other four introductory walkers haven't aged a day, anyway?

Cat years

Dealing with the Jacetice league takes a lot of effort.

I thought Angel Horrors/Brisela was kind of cool. also that walking town was kind of neat, a shame meld sucks and bruna and gisela can't be used as partners.

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

>Garruk can into interesting

Maybe he could have. He certainly didn't, though. "Hurr survival of the strong" is the most boring interpretation of Green possible (tied with le generic hippy shaman that Nissa covers, of course), and even that was entirely overwritten by "MUH CURSE MUH LILIANA" for 90% of his existence.

And then she raped him out of canon for being problematic so we'll never know if he could have improved.