What are your favourite flavourful multi classes and why?

What are your favourite flavourful multi classes and why?

My favourite is probably paladin Oath of Ancients/Archfey pact warlock for maximum green knight shenanigans

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_FdnA4SyYzE
youtu.be/ocW3fBqPQkU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think that might actually be less of a green knight than a character that's just a single class ancients paladin. I like rogue/barbarian since it feels like it really suits a scummy bandit/pirate type of character, while also being solid mechanically

What about circle of the ancients Druid?
Part of it was flavour, the other was lack of MAD by being both pally and lock
Also I thought the green knight received his immortal curse things from a fae?

Shit, circle of the moon. Kinda running a show right now

Well an oath of the ancients paladin could just be a guy who swore himself to some fey thing as a part of his pact in the first place, and you get the immortality shit with the subclass itself. Being blessed or cursed or whatever by something doesn't really mean you need to take a class in that something. It's not like the warlock part hurts the concept much, but when it comes down to it I always considered oath of the ancients to essentially be "Green Knight: The class".

I mostly see it as a natural progression from one into the other

Start as archfey lock, eventually learn to love the wilds to a point of developing a personal code and then getting all Knightly

Or, start as a paladin, protecting sacred forest, find archfae that's been sneaking around in there for a while whose appreciative of your good work, offers you power to keep you on the job

I suppose green knight is the wrong terminology, but the visual remains

Great Old One warlock actually synergizes surprisingly well with Lore College Bard. Vast array of magical tricks. Utility, healing, blasting, and crowd control all in one package.

I would think almost any charisma user can benefit a lot from a couple warlock levels, but is there something about the GOO that really contributes here?

Yeah but how many have fun story potential while also being strongk

Pally/lock can be flavoured in the nature aspect

Sor/lock works in a seek deal with higher power to better control innate abilities

What others resonate well while not being MAD

Not really flavorful but my fiend bladelock got some levels in paladin of vengeance to try to fuck over his patron and redeem himself.

Rogue/barbarian or ninja/barbarian is my favorite, because of the stealth rage shenanigans I can get up to with it.

>Great Old One Warlock
>Lore Bard

So, cultist of Hermeas Mora from TES?

An old one from 3.5 actually was the idea of a Monk/druid.

Basically a martial artist who took to mimicking nature to such a degree, they could ACTUALLY BECOME the animals their styles mimicked.

I actually used it for a Freeform RP character in an Urban fantasy setting.

I'm playing a bard who later in life became a paladin after some problems arose in her home kingdom.

I liked it because a lot of what bards do is based on personality and force of character and presence, and then later on a lot of what paladins do comes from the same things. So it felt themeatic.

Did they do anything to keep you from going Kung-fu panda in 5e?

Once played a Druid/Monk and played it like a Sun Wukong taoist martial artist.

I'm now imagining a guy simmering with rage and sneaking around really angrily :D

>Paladin/Bard

youtube.com/watch?v=_FdnA4SyYzE

My favourite interpretation of barbarian was less conan and more sword of truth

Rather than getting unarmored defence from sheer testosterone, it came instead from magical power, and the raging was less losing your mind and more getting so caught up in the sword dance that all you can think about is murder

qt animation

>4e because fuck you hybrids were great

Battlemind|iron soul monk - mind over matter to the max

Barbarian|cleric - rage priest who reaches divinity through transcendent fury

Ardent|bard mc warlord - war drummer that uses every tool in the book to rouse armies to battle

Revenant vampire|paladin of pelor - redeemed but masochistic hero, both flavorwise and mechanically. Extra layer of undeath for extra unkillability.

Werewolf warlord|druid(sentinel) - war veteran turned werewolf that leads his new pack like a military unit

Barb/lock - Playing around I noticed STR hexblades have little actual need for CHA and can get by on a bare minimum, taking only buffing or defensive spells. Barb's reckless attack synergizes well with the hexblade curse's 19-20 crit range, and since the curse and other features like eldritch smite aren't spells, using rage won't hamper you much either. Also spells like armor of agathys, mirror image etc not being concentration provides further synergy.

Flavorwise I made it a barb who's ancestral weapon turned out to be a sentient artifact housing the souls of it's former wielders, meshing the hexblade and ancestral guardian fluffs into one. I played her like pic related tho

More like
>youtu.be/ocW3fBqPQkU

"Music of the spheres". Learning extra knowledge 'man was not meant to know'. GOO'lock's telepathy power can be paired with Bardic Inspiration to grant bardic buffs to thieves trying to sneak or steal without actually making any noise. Also: Bards get easy access to Bestow Curse, Warlocks do not. Seems like an oversight.

I just happen to see that you posted a gif of my wife and I have to save it.
Sorry If I don't contribute to your thread, but thanks for the pic.

currently playing a duergar paladin of redemption/ Celestial Warlock
it is basically about a Pact with a celestial being the last chance to save a repentant sinners soul which is a blast to roleplay.
having an angel on your shoulder that is more like your probation officer is pretty fun

mechanics wise its pretty decent i guess by absorbing damage for your teammates and quickly healing it using your dwarf resilience feat. having healing dice from the warlock helps i guess

my dm is fine with mixing all the unearthed arcana's before we open that can of worms

Paladin/Rogue has held a special place in my heart even back in 3.5. I always played it as a former criminal or sinner deciding to seek either redemption through deeds, or through a noble death.

So, a Ranger?

Non-LG paladins were such a fucking mistake. It's a 3.5ism too. I don't mind oathbreakers, LN paladin of balance is understandable within very specific setting contexts... and then we fell right down the slippery slope of everybody and their mom being Paladins of Dickass Thievery dishing out Smite Roleplay left and right.

I really like mixing Sorcerer with martial classes where thematically appropriate. Dragon-blooded barbarians. Rogues with Shadow powers. A swashbuckling fighter with storm magic.

Helps give a bit of flair without a lot of the baggage other casters come with.

Earth sorc/fighter for the same reason, focus on fire/earth spells add the feat with extra hp and you've got yourself a pretty cool magma warrior

>no one will EVER look at you like that
>NEVER EVER NEVER EVER
aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
bump

I don't know, ranger/artificer? Exploration! Discovery! Innovation!

Not to my knowledge, though I think the number of Wild Shapes per-day is a lot more limited now, but hey, Monastic Traditions means you can now do a Dolphin kick with actual water and dolphining.

>Rangers don't get magic for a long-ass fucking time
>Rangers are also more likely to run around in medium armors and focus on skirmishing
>Not recognizing there is line between the powers of Nature and Powers of the Ancient Fey.

The last one's understandable since, you know, it's kind of a thin and blurry line. But I do feel there's a decent thematic difference.

Druids and rangers deal with nature nature. The fields, the streams, the mountains, and woods as they are.

They Fey and order of Ancients deal more in the concepts and metaphors within nature.

Actually, best way to think of it is that Druids and Rangers are 'realist' landscape painters and Fey magic is Abstract landscape painting.

The subject is the same, but it's how the power is rendered that comes out different.