Critical Role Episode 113: "The Looming Discord"

Its probably a planning episode edition....

Where: geekandsundry.com/twitch/

>Marisha was the straight MVP last week
>Ashley is apparently back in LA (According to her bf on Talks)
>Special Guest tonight
>Maybe the penultimate/final episode of the campaign (Unlikely)
>At the very least we get some Grog/Kos bants or more choking fetish from Matt

Other urls found in this thread:

geekandsundry.com/use-critical-roles-resurrection-rules-in-your-own-campaign/
imdb.com/name/nm0542133/
youtube.com/watch?v=4IeEjfbpkt8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ashley on sight, possible finale inc?

They're literally moments away from Planeshifting back to Vecna's lair, this is definitely the final battle episode or at least part 1

Hoping it's the last episode since Ashley is there.

Last episode until Keyleth fights the Raven Queen for Vax's life

My thinking is we'll get like a half hour to an hour of them roleplaying how they spend their potential last hours alive before Plane Shifting back to Vecna's place and get into the final fight.

My guess? Perkins shows up to help Matt co-DM the final fight because it's the first high-level final boss battle occurring in 5th edition on a live Twitch stream.

I think that this episode will be them planning, going back, and finding a way to lower the barrier around Thar Amphala.

Probably fights Lord/Lady Briarwood and some Skyscreamers

>first high-level final boss battle
Are ancient dragons not high-level?

There's fighting ancient dragons, and then there's fighting Vecna. Kind of a big difference, even in high tier D&D.

Please no. That would lend an air of legitimacy to Critical Role and would be seen as an endorsement. They already have a winning, less devicive horse with P.A.

They are but nothing compared to Vecna

That will depend heavily on how exactly Matt plays him. Vecna can be far less impactful than an ancient dragon if played like a retard, like Thordak was.

I agree. The reason why that I think Perkins shows up to help is more so because Matt's got back problems right now and can't do a ton of standing and bending over, when he'll need to move minis around on a map.

Vecna is a real mutherfucker, and may be flanked by 3-4 high level mobs.

He has all sorts of fucking dangerous shit, needs to be sealed using a complex ritual, and is rocking Power Word: Kill.

And even worse is that Matt rocks some really brutal resurrection rules.
geekandsundry.com/use-critical-roles-resurrection-rules-in-your-own-campaign/

>If a spell with a casting time of 1 action is used to attempt to restore life (via the Revivify spell or similar effects), no contribution skill checks are allowed. The character casting the spell makes a Rapid Resurrection check, rolling a d20 and adding their spellcasting ability modifier. The DC is 10, increasing by 1 for each previous successful resurrection the character has undergone. On a failure, the character’s soul is not lost, but the resurrection fails and increases any future Resurrection checks’ DC by 1. No further attempts can be made to restore this character to life until a resurrection spell with a casting time higher than 1 action is attempted.

Apparently he has been feeling much better. Sucks for the poor guy cause he is getting married in < a month

ashley is adorable, best at the table

Ashley best girl

Critical Role, and finding out she voiced Ellie is the only reason I played The Last of Us

Speaking of voices, I recently discovered Laura voiced Rayne in Bloodrayne. Brought back teenage memories, if you guys know what I mean.

>Reading this reminded me of low-key masturbating to the box cover art in Blockbuster.
Why

"A young ancient dragon" -Vax
???

>more choking fetish

Do it Matt, I know you've got some kinky ideas floating around.

For a group that has fought Vecna before they are woefully unprepared for this

This show is stupid shit, it's for normalfucks who think RPGs are all about "le ebin natural 20" and laughing hysterically. Holy fucking shit, the amount of retarded sperg laughter makes me want to drive my fist through the wall whenever I listen to it. If I was in a Liam Neeson situation where there were armed men coming to take me and I needed to get psyched up to kill, I would just watch about 30 minutes of Critical Role and their stupid fucking laughter would be enough to whip me into a blood frenzy. The cunts are the worst, they are airheaded, stupid pieces of shit, lack self-awareness, they are everything that is wrong with women, they are why I gave up on dating because every cunt I met for coffee was so goddamn fucking boring I wanted to kill myself. Left one of them with the check once and just went to my car and drove home and deleted her number and facebook. Also Matt Mercer is hardly a good DM, given the amount of work he has to put into this. For fuck's sake I barely prep sometimes and I DM as well as him, description and everything. The only thing he has is a good voice. He looks like a greasy skater fuck, too. His hair is trash. Marisha whatever-her-name-is is so fucking stupid she's a prime example of why eugenics should make a comeback. And thanks to Critical Roll, I now have to DM for hordes of normoniggers and roasties who come into the store. I wanted to run fucking Curse of Strahd and figured I'd help out the FLGS at the same time and now I'm fucking trapped in hell. These pieces of shit come in two groups: video game autists who treat it all like a video game, and normos who don't even understand what's going on, but they liked a bunch of critical role nat20 pages on Tumblr and upvotes nat20 stories on Reddit so now they're nerds and shit. Fucking hell, this crap has started creeping into my other games, too. I am so sick of players saying "lol I just rolled a CRIT on my spot check" well it's a 23 but it doesn't matter cause I rolled a CRIT.

Oh man, Scanlan's gonna blow Simulcrum. It only has the spells it's caster has at the time of casting.

WISH BABY

Thanks, I was feeling hungry.

KEKED

I think Scanlan still has most of his spells, actually. Other than a 9th and 7th level, I don't know what else he has left in the tank.

He was purposely holding his shit so probably.

>Tfw I am kinda getting the feels for this bullshit

They're doomed

>And to spooning the second version of yourself
The first time in months this show made me laugh out loud.

It would be a miracle if they weren't

Alright, here we fuckin go

Matt is really giving me the feels. Ive been watching these retards for over two years of my life. For all the bullshit I still enjoyed the story

matt was wrong about wish, but whatever

Probably but I highly doubt he was going to cuck them them here

All they had to do was use Wish to produce a dragon steed for Grog, but he made a weaker, second Scanlan and spent more time to make it. The pillar idea is stupid, Grog will never get to Vecna.

I think the best result of Scanlan's cloning is the fact that they'll have two sources of Bardic inspiration.

Twitch chat LUL

OH FUCK, THE CHAD REVOLUTION CONTINUES.

JOE

Oh, it's Joe Manganiello. My guess is Dragonborn Paladin of Vengance.

>A Second fucking tank
>A PALADIN at that

>JOCKS MACHINA

Holy fuck, Chad levels rising. That's awesome.

WE IN IT NOW BOIS

who is this guy?

Between Travis, Joe, Vin Diesel, and that other celebrity DnD player I really feel like going to gym with my group before sessions

I dropped off at episode 90ish? (Water tribe shit).

Someone catch me up to where stream is at right now?

A Hollywood actor who plays DnD

They literally began the final fights leading up to the final boss fight.

has he been in anything famous?

This is very likely to be the last episode with Vox Machina

imdb.com/name/nm0542133/

lol me and several others in chat thought it was orion for a second

See here

If you remember the Sam Rami Spidemran films, he was Flash Thompson.

He was supposed to play Deathstroke in the next DC movies, but I heard the whole role got axed.

Sofia Vergara

Lol

TL:DR

Vecna as returned and they are trying to stop him from becoming a God. Vecna is about to drop Thar Amphala on top of Vasselheim to complete his miracle and become a true God

literally the only thing i recognized is Flash Thompson

Noice

Can someone tl;dr what's going on with Vax dead/alive status right now? I've missed the past 2~3 months.

He's a revanent

.... Wait, is this Paladin the fucking original character that Talesin played for like one session before switching over to Percy?

revenant, with the purpose of killing vecna
once vecna dies, so will vax for good

From what I can tell, he cut a deal with the psychopomp, and took some paladin levels.

Did we catch a name for Joe's character?

He's a revenant as per a deal with the Raven Queen, if Vecna dies he dies.

He's a revanent now. After they beat Vecna he's ded permanently unless they pull some miracle.

holy shit if that's true

apparently he's been in the force grey group, but i hate that show so i never knew

He's a Revenant.

Nah, he's Joe's character from one of the one shots Matt ran similar to the Vin Diesel one shot.

Arkhan.

just to be clear with myself, Arkhan is not Larkin right?

I think Joe's been in the Tomb of Annihilation-related episodes of Force Grey.

He's a revenant, using some bastard-child of the UA revenant and the MM one.

I think its a guy who played with Talesin/Marisha before the rest of the group was in on it

youtube.com/watch?v=4IeEjfbpkt8

Wrong. This one shot has Percy and Keyleth, and also Joe playing Arkhan

wat
you know Larkin was a shapeshifted Raishan, right?

WHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAATTT!?

ya i know

>Marisha remembered a book-keeping snafu that benefits the party

This really is the end of times.

>playing an evil character out for revenge against a third party

One of the few times that it actually sort-of works.

>Guest has beef with Briarwoods.
So this isn't the last episode.

>Only heals for 2HP
The Lord works in mysterious ways

my favorite kind of team-ups

and villain vs villain is my favorite kind of match-up

What are you talking about, Briarwoods will literally be fighting beside Vecna.

joe looks perpetually annoyed, is it just resting jerk face?

It's gonna be real good.

The way they keep dragging things out though, it might turn into a "leave me to fight the Briarwoods" sacrifice by Arkhan at the end of the episode for a VM vs. Vecna final fight.

I'm pretty sure tonight is the Briarwoods fight, and then next week is the final Vecna fight as a solo battle.

i dunno, i'm seeing a mini boss before vecna
if they have to fight vecna AND the briarwoods, they're pretty boned

He's staying in character

It's the equivalent of 'hands in face / large sigh' Tailiesin, and 'ditzy go lucky' Marisha and 'I'm conflicted' Liam....

> it's ACTING

i sincerely doubt it, VM vs vecna and vecna would get stomped. he needs his goons just like the first time they fought

resting chad face

If they don't it's entirely because matt wants them to win without effort.

They're always better when Ashley is here.