...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
Last Viewed Files: /tg/thread/55791794#p55791794
running_in_london.thread
car_collision_croydon.trid
driving_on_european_roads.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 111 (78% Happy)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Chemical Spills and You’
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running ATimeWhenThereWereNoElves.BTL...

Docwagon is your friend (for money)
Specialize
be professional
murderhoboing is an unsustainable business model

Classic Runs Edition

What was a particularly memorable run you’ve had? What made it that way?

All urls found in this thread:
https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
https://pastebin.com/H1Tj2qZG
https://geek-related.com/2010/04/17/catalyst-games-defiant-criminals/
http://www.tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=50989
http://shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/181431/#Comment_181431
MPmaster
MPmaster

@Snarelure
What was a particularly memorable run you’ve had?
I grabbed Frosty's tits while she was unconscious in Africa. That was memorable.

farquit
farquit

@Snarelure
@Snarelure
Broadly speaking, the runs we did out of passion are almost always more fun and memorable than those we did for the money.

Methnerd
Methnerd

@MPmaster
Frosty
Living the live i see.

JunkTop
JunkTop

/tg/thread/55791794#p55832270
Also the 6th world is such a strange place for marketing stunts to happen.

Of course this depends also on the location.
A small urban corp or the public is a different story than a high-sec sector.

w8t4u
w8t4u

@Methnerd
Living
Not if she ever finds out.

askme
askme

@Snarelure
It's almost always the first run we do as a new group. No one knows what to expect from the other 'runners, and they have almost no possibility of gelling together to create an effective team. The first runs almost always descend into a farce at some point as we establish a pecking order, until we either get our shit together or the 'run falls apart and we need to work together to come up with a good excuse for our Fixer.

This is largely intentional. We blow off steam with pink mohawk comedic shenannigans, and then ease into becoming a team of professional mercenaries. Repeat after the next TPK.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@w8t4u
Would not be worth it if it were easy ?

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@w8t4u
Oh she did. Our GM was a tool and I we were kinda sick and tired of the mission, but I figured that if I grab her tits she'll wake up because that's the kinda GM he was. I guess it was a battle of metagaming. I won it because we needed her awake to make our progression easier.

King_Martha
King_Martha

@VisualMaster
I don't know, groping unconscious people isn't really my thing, even in RPGs.

likme
likme

@Dreamworx
Oh, that makes more sense.

Playboyize
Playboyize

@King_Martha
Immortal elves aren't people, they're a bad self-insert.

DeathDog
DeathDog

@Playboyize
She's an elf. An Immortal elf. And a Jackpointer. Oh yes, and she's friends with Harlequin.

How deep does the rabbit hole go?

MPmaster
MPmaster

@DeathDog
Daughter of Ehran, and born in the current age unlike the other IEs.

King_Martha
King_Martha

@King_Martha
Hey doesn't matter if it's your thing as long as it's your characters thing.

My players got into a bit of a struggle with a smuggler team in Genoa last run. Our Troll Mage/former infantry grunt was having a scufffle with their scurvy old captain and thought "Hey this guy is pretty cool I'd wanna fight him fair and square", but he figured his character wouldn't be arsed with it so he rolled a willpower and ended up spraying a full burst into the old mans chest with his HVAR.

likme
likme

@DeathDog
Wasn't she raised by Harlequin after he stole her from Ehran?

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

@Dreamworx
Why didn't you put a bullet in her head?

It should be proper policy for every Shadowrunner to kill every Jackpointer on sight.
except Clockwork, he dindunuffinwrong

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

@Need_TLC
Kane isn't that bad either. He's the kinda guy I feel like would have some good stories and would let you crash on his couch (if he had one).

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@Need_TLC
Suprising how the worst example for a human being is also the most liked character that feels the most like an actual human being.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@Nude_Bikergirl
I feel like Clockwork would fit in on /pol/

SniperGod
SniperGod

@ZeroReborn
The only thing that raping lolicon deserves is a pair of cement slippers and beign sunk together with his ship.

Nojokur
Nojokur

@SniperGod
I think I missed something. I ignore the jackpoint stuff for the list part, I was just going based on what I saw.

Give me a quick rundown of why I should hate him

farquit
farquit

@ZeroReborn
Kane is just a pretentious Edgemaster and all he does is derping about how badass he is.

Highly annoying.

@Nude_Bikergirl
Well, Clockwork is about the only Fucker on there with a halfway believable Agenda and something of a personality that doesn't boil down on being a huge gary/Mary sue self insert like most of the others.

I heavily miss the way the old books presented their shadowtalk, with normal People and not some fuckers who fly around in multimillion Dollar aircrafts or command platoons and shit.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@Nojokur
Just from the top of my head
Fucking underage elf girl.
Starting a (super cheap) war with atzlan because of a woman.
literally dehumanizing anybody he doesn't like, bragging with being one of the most wanted criminals and talking like some egocentric asshole in general.

Would almost prefer harlequin over kane to crash at my place, almost.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Man, I mention molesting a mage that I didn't even know who she was at the time and suddenly we're on Jackpointer witch hunts again.

Not that I mind them, but I didn't see it going this direction.

Inmate
Inmate

@Boy_vs_Girl
New to Shadowrun, did some brief reading on Jackpoint just now.
Do we hate them because they're stuck-up mary-sue cunts? That seems to be the gist of it.

Methnerd
Methnerd

@Inmate
Yes, you just hit the bullseye.

Emberburn
Emberburn

@Boy_vs_Girl
We hate Jackpointers because they give us easily recognizable personalities we can direct our loathing of CGL towards.

Also, they're badly characterized.

Evilember
Evilember

@Fried_Sushi
Ok yeah I'm converted.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@Nude_Bikergirl
And the best part is that he's a Hobgoblin, so that hamhanded attempt to make him look racist against trogs just made him look like someone fed up with his brethren's collective victim complex.

FastChef
FastChef

@Inmate
Stuck-up-mary-sue sums it up well. Pretty elitist and usually badly written. Some of them are extreme cases of self inserts by writers.

My problem with the whole jackpoint thing that isn't touched as much upon is just how I don't find it believable that there's 20 or so elite shadowrunners that all hang on this same private network, that is better than all the other private networks.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

@FastChef
I think it's established that every region has it's own version of Jackpoint (often multiple versions in the same region). The Germans have at least one that I know of. The UK had three.

Jackpoint is simply the window that the developers have allowed us into the world. It would make thematic sense for us to instead use the other message boards relative to the region they cover, however that would get confusing for people new to the setting. So we are stuck with Jackpoint.

Dunkelzahn preserve us.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@Boy_vs_Girl
Considering that magic molestation is literally the MO for at least one Jackpointer...

DeathDog
DeathDog

I'm building up a back log of runs for an upcoming campaign. Anyone have some good ones to share?

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

@FastChef
To be fair, I think the implication is that JackPoint is kind of the archetypical shadow network. Denver Nexus exists, as does Shadowhelix.

Soft_member
Soft_member

@DeathDog
Need some info on your group. Pink Mohawk or Black Trenchcoat? Mundanes or magic-heavy? Blackhat or Carebears? Pro or anti-Jackpoint?

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

@Fried_Sushi
fucking underage elf Girl

Nothing wrong with that, she was 16 or so anyways.

girlDog
girlDog

@TurtleCat
That's like a newborn in elf years
You sick fuck

w8t4u
w8t4u

@TurtleCat
Then there is organ legging, slavery, uncontrolled murder if he is running against Atzlan people, Slave trading, warmongering.....

idontknow
idontknow

@TurtleCat
Literally not even illegal in most of the world, including most of the US. I very much doubt that the Sixth World has a universal 18 year age of consent.

TreeEater
TreeEater

@w8t4u
uncontrolled murder if he is running against Atzlan people
which is bad for what reason again?

DeathDog
DeathDog

@TreeEater
Yeah, confused on this point. Azzies are scum of the earth. Even worse than Jackpointers and pixies.

On that note, is there a pixie jackpointer?

FastChef
FastChef

@Deadlyinx
the german Jackpoint isn't full with elite hardcore fuckers though. Besides Red Anja and Aufheben, most people there are "normal" Runners who simply give their opinions on items and shit, instead of blabbering about how great and special they are.

And why i see your mechanical Point on what Jackpoint is intended to be, its not working this way nowadays. You could very well without having the same old fuckers blabbering about EVERYTHING.
Older Editions did this a lot better (no, 4e not included).

Lunatick
Lunatick

@TreeEater
You know, i'm just as gun ho as the next guy if armed spec ops try to duke it out.
But going out of your way to kill brainwashed, out of shape rent-a-cop Juan? That shit's pretty low.
Also his hard on for profit make him basically a part of the man.

King_Martha
King_Martha

@Booteefool
I have all the stock runs, but I figured that you guys have more entertaining/original stuff up your sleeves. Thanks for the pdf anyways!

@Soft_member
Unequivocally Pink Mohawk. I might provide some Black Trenchcoat action later on if their play style changes (they're all used to murderhoboing in D&D but are fleeing the system like rats from a sunken ship).

Mostly mundanes, with one mage (4 players total). They don't know much else about the lore, so they'll have to make their own opinions based on experiences.

I already have a few fun runs set up, namely a smash-and-grab on a ganger drug lab, an extraction from a busy nightclub, and some corporate sabotage.

5mileys
5mileys

@TreeEater
Not Jose Smith's fault if he was born south of the Rio Grande and took a job mopping floors at night. Killing people because they're not!Mexicans, or at least not treating them as you treat other metahumans, is racism.

Dude had one bad run-in with Azzie higher-ups (which, hey, is to be expected if you're a literal pirate hanging out off their coast and looting their shipping) and writes off everyone with a tan.

Bidwell
Bidwell

@w8t4u
I don't say that he isn't an obnoxious Amoral fucker.
Him fucking a well developed young woman with tits and shit is just something i don't see as being among the problematic things there.

@idontknow
Probably not and probably no one actually cares, its fucking Cyberpunk anyways.
Age of consent is 14 here btw. and this is fucking western Europe.

Evilember
Evilember

@DeathDog
People literally feeding most of the world
scum

Kill yourself

hating jackpointers and pixies

Okay you are sorta pardoned, but please rethink your negative stereotypes on Atzlaner People.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@Bidwell
Shit man, you can buther your cat and roast it on a grill, that's your choice and right.
But if a 35 years old dude fucks a 16 years old neet chick, just because it's easy, i can judge the hell out of it if i want to.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

@Evilember
Feeding the world
No one should have that much power.

Paranoid
Wait, there are non-paranoid runners?

MPmaster
MPmaster

@idontknow
Would be silly. 18 is almost half the average orcish lifespan.

Bidwell
Bidwell

@Spazyfool
No one should have that much power.
It's capitalism, one can always try to enter the market :^)

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

@Spazyfool
pardoned, m8.

And they wouldn't have gotten so much power if the world didn't need it.

@StrangeWizard
judge it
Sure, as long as you don't cockblock :*

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@AwesomeTucker
See, I'm so paranoid that I thought you were accusing me of being paranoid.

One step ahead.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@FastChef
I agree entirely. I'm merely pointing out why things are as they are, not as they should be.

CGL could have looked backwards to previous editions for a lot of good ideas. Sadly, they seemed to have brought forward only the bad ones.

RumChicken
RumChicken

@SniperGod
Wait, what's wrong with being lolicon?

FastChef
FastChef

@Fried_Sushi
Yeah and its getting worse and worse.

Bull was already very high on the "i don't think a self-insert can get any worse" scale, but then Red came along.
I wonder what that tranny would have written as a self-insert if the bookd hadn't been axe'd

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Tell SRG can make a drone do the negotiations? As in I use a drone that looks like a human so I can avoid ambushes killing me.

massdebater
massdebater

@Fried_Sushi
CGL could have looked backwards to previous editions for a lot of good ideas. Sadly, they seemed to have brought forward only the bad ones.
That's mostly because of the Coleman embezzlement.
All those people that introduced or popularized such things? they left the company, either because they were pissed about what happened with their stuff or because they were pissed due to not being paid. +
And all the new ones they introduced? they either don't know that such things exist, or don't care.

The wireless boni were initially written by someone who didn't understand the matrix. Who defended them with such a fervor on the forums until the other members finally pointed out that what he was talking about was wrong. Upon which his reaction was basically "Wait, what? Oh. Didn't know that"
These are the people writing for CGL

They don't look backwards because they don't even know that there is something back there.

Spamalot
Spamalot

@FastChef
I can't hate 'lil Mac. Her writing is flawed and she tends to screw up mechanics, but what do you expect? The pay is shit, job security is shit, you need to get other shitty jobs to pay the bills, stuff you work on for ages can be (and frequently IS) cancelled with no warning, and your bosses are known crooks who try to shit all over the IP you love. If I was employed under those conditions I would half-arse my work as well.

takes2long
takes2long

@massdebater
Lets be fair though, some things were better left behind. Like the Xavier Institute and Spike Babies.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@takes2long
Xavier Institute
maybe

Spike Babies.
In what way were they left behind?

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

@LuckyDusty
In what way were they left behind?
In my dreams.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@massdebater
Agreed.
Shadowrun was never perfect, but somehow the new developers have taken a crowbar to all the existing flaws, pried them open, and poured shit into them.

CGL need to work more closely with the community to fix all the glaring flaws in the setting that they have introduced. Unfortunately they purged the official communites of every dissenting voice, leaving only bitter fucks on places like Veeky Forums or Dumpshock.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

@Spamalot
I can empathize with the points you made on a personal level.
I still find it inacceptable as a paying customer (of german books)
And while yes, this is horribly sexist, but Trannies tend to be incredible big sources of drama. Combine this with some waifu&husbandoism and BAM another shitty selfinsert is born to annoy everybody till kingdom come.

Current Jackpoint needs a reset anchored in the Metaplot. Basically kill/scatter everybody in there and make a new board that consists more off an open community with less strict rules, thus enabling more down to earth runners to voice there experience there.

Playboyize
Playboyize

@Gigastrength
Unfortunately they purged the official communites of every dissenting voice

Thats actually not true.
Among the current provisional errata team are people who have been quite vocal about their hate for current CGLs way of handling things.

Imho, they at least try to improve their mechanics, but its quite often hit or miss if this succeeds. Eg forbidden Arcana has quite a few interesting things in it, eg Buffs for Alchemy and Blood Magic, but it also contains a lot of ridiculous bullshit that is absolutely busted.

They really need somebody in there who puts a resemblance of ORDNUNG in the chaos.
This alone would probably eliminate a lot of shit.

Fixing the fluff is a different thing.
This would require a proper purge among the writers and some guidelines on what is acceptable and what not.
Selfinserting ones (former) PCs as world changing people should not be allowed.

SniperWish
SniperWish

@Fuzzy_Logic
To be honest, at this point I want a complete setting reboot. The metaplot has gotten so convoluted and filled with petty drama, not to mention important plot points being discarded whenever the dev who started them left, that it feels like a corpse being manipulated by strings like a macabre marionette.

Just start over. 20 years have passed since the Awakening, a whole generation has reached adulthood who have never known a world without magic. No we can have wacky cyberpunk hijinks without wondering why the worldwide Tempo epidemic ended overnight. Or why Ghouls suddenly have internationally-recognized citizenship, when they fraggin' hunt and kill other citizens for nourishment. Or coming up with pretzel plots for why Bug Spirits are no longer a serious threat.

When I suggested something similar on the official forums I got shouted down because that meant ret-conning all their favorite Jackpointers.

JunkTop
JunkTop

@Fuzzy_Logic
Matrix crash while all jackpointers are logged in.

It's the only way.

Lunatick
Lunatick

How often do dragons appear in your games? Any interesting interactions with them?
I've personally never run into any in the short time I've played (at least not that I'm aware of). It's hard to imagine they'd take an interest in lowly Shadowrunners.

FastChef
FastChef

@SniperWish
Hm, reboot isn|t even needed.
Just a jump in time like you mentioned, to cut off all the open strings while keeping the basic frame of the world.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@SniperWish
Or why Ghouls suddenly have internationally-recognized citizenship, when they fraggin' hunt and kill other citizens for nourishment. Or coming up with pretzel plots for why Bug Spirits are no longer a serious threat.
Nani !?
Since when id the vanguard of the enemy no longer a threat ?

JunkTop
JunkTop

I just wish that the IP would die and sold to the Germans

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

@Lunatick
Only once has a dragon appeared, and he was an annoying bastard.

The boss of an up-and-coming organized crime syndicate revealed itself to be a (lesser) dragon at the culmination of a campaign. All the shit our team had to fix was the result of one adolescent wyrm finally getting it's first taste of freedom and power and deciding to set up it's own little domain. Unknown to us we were it's pawns, sabotaging rival gangs and scooping up property rights just so this lizard could have a laugh at our expense.

After our final mission we learned that the Dragon was going to get rid of loose ties that would ruin his organizations squeaky-clean image. We let the Street Sam (with an unremoveable cranial bomb) distract the dragon with a long philosophical discussion about the nature of honor in criminal enterprises while our stealth specialist det-packed the place up to the rafters.

When we were ready the samuari conceeded the verbal battle, but not the war. He then triggered his head-explosive, setting off every other explosive we packed into the place, while the rigger sat outside in the armored mini-van firing volley-after-volley of Panther Assault cannon shells into the inferno.

Great fun. Although we had to retire our surviving characters anyway, because there was no in-character way the rest of dragonkind would allow lowly metahumans to get the better of a dragon.

Bidwell
Bidwell

@SniperWish
I mean I pretty much play my setting as a full on reboot. Forever GM gives you free hands for anything.

askme
askme

For the typical arm of god decker build, what other ware should I be looking at?

MPmaster
MPmaster

@askme
Basic versions include cybereyes with a smartlink, biomonitor, drug injector (for healing/reaction), sleep regulator, and an attention co-processor or reception enhancer. You won't have the money for much else.

Soft_member
Soft_member

@askme
cyberears with Antennae
If a trog, tusk antenna

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

@SniperWish

I agree entirely.

Shadowrun needs to be acquired by a video game company w/ a lot of love and money. Or maybe ze Germans.

It needs to be removed from the hands of soulless embezzlers, people who don't give a shit, rules guys who don't get basic math, and grognards who write themselves into the setting.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@Soft_member
And multiple datajacks. Because their noise reduction stacks, somehow.

eGremlin
eGremlin

@MPmaster
Sleep regulator?

Bidwell
Bidwell

@Gigastrength
user is talking out his ass. Ghoul citizenship isn't really recognized; few nations grant it, and fewer still are strong enough to defend ghoul citizens abroad and at home from mobs. And bug spirits are literally infiltrating Ares and taking out high-profile people to do so, it's huge in the plot.

massdebater
massdebater

@eGremlin
Cultured bioware. There's not a single character that isn't massively improved by only having to sleep 3 hours per day. Seriously, it's worth burning a point of magic just to get it on a mage.

Unless your GM doesn't do downtime. Then you find a better GM.

Emberfire
Emberfire

@massdebater
From an RP quality of life standpoint, yeah. But you don't need those extra hours for the sake of downtime, you can still enjoy that with the standard 16 awake 8 asleep. For a lot of people, better to save that 12k and buy a car or get a nicer house or similar, instead of trying to be productivity robots.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

@Bidwell
And soon we'll have Damien Knight gaining access to jackpoint asking our heroes to rescue his company from the evil infestation.

whereismyname
whereismyname

@Emberfire
It also means more time you can keep watch or post a sentry. Or keep spells up if they require concentration. Or keep running if something is hunting you. Etc.
Sleep Regulators give you an edge, and isn't that what 'ware is for?

askme
askme

@Emberfire
also pretty useful when binding spirits/registering Sprites

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

@AwesomeTucker
The resulting shitshow kills every single current Jackpointer and the New Generation™ takes over

Emberburn
Emberburn

/tg/thread/55791794#p55832164
Supposedly there will be big news regarding errata next week.
@FastChef
Mac's waifu is Respec, to my knowledge she's avoided self-inserts other than that.

WebTool
WebTool

@Emberfire
he doesn't want to be a productivity Robot

WTF you probably also have >0,5 Essence, you wierd fleshbag.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

/tg/thread/55791794#p55831982
If that's the case, then it was two new anons.

I'm just amused there are still people who don't understand "base stat" and "use the limb’s Agility, rather than the drone’s Pilot Rating".

/tg/thread/55791794#p55830449
The Automated Army is both called out as strictly optional, and the player's choice on whether to bother with it. Since it's absolute fucking garbage, nobody does.
There's one exception to this - anthro drones explicitly call out drone limbs.

For starters, they come with a full set of two drone arms and two drone legs, which are usually Obvious but may be Synthetic instead.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

For a 4e game, what else am I missing that I should include on every run. I have availability up to 16F or 14R, about 100k in liquid assets, and 700k in investments and drones. Character is an adept face/decker and backup infiltrator/combat.

Pic related (is her)

Link is loadout:

https://pastebin.com/H1Tj2qZG

Emberfire
Emberfire

@Crazy_Nice
Thats because you are wrong desu, but thats a moot point, since i don't care enough to bother.

That there are actually (at least) two other people fighting our fight by proxy however, is indeed quite amusing.

happy_sad
happy_sad

/tg/thread/55836956#p55836956
pls comment

SniperWish
SniperWish

@FastChef
The problem with jumping forwards is that you either need to fuck up tech progress (who wants another CFD?), or advance it.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

@Emberfire
Drone idiocy should be kept in the last thread. The same argument every thread gets boring.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

@SniperWish
If you look at older sourcebooks, the Jump in Tech isn't really that big.
Heck, even shit like the Savior medkit with Nanotech was in older books.

Just make Hightech shit a bit better available and you are more or less set.
Maybe have some political conflicts or some other shit happen in the meantime, to justify it only advancing a Little bit.
Also Keep im mind that there are always times where Technology advances slower.

Eg 1955-70 compared to 1995-2010.

Playboyize
Playboyize

@Stark_Naked
But you are the one who brought it up, desu.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

@happy_sad
Easy. Human sacrifices to cast spells.

whereismyname
whereismyname

@happy_sad
I would actually just discourage Magic users for a Change.
Makes for a whole new experience if you never had it before and frankly, its way more enjoyable.
I'd take a group with no spellcasters / summoners every day over the alternative.

takes2long
takes2long

@Playboyize
Nope. I'm behind 7000 anons.

Supergrass
Supergrass

@whereismyname
I've been making nothing but mundanes since 2nd ed. It's my turn to abuse badly edited magicrun rules.

DeathDog
DeathDog

@SomethingNew
If you look at older sourcebooks
I have. I've also noticed that some tech in the 70s is explicitly called out as being 60s era, with the corps having moved forward before newer tech reaches black markets.

the Jump in Tech isn't really that big.
Yeah. They had Crash 1, Crash 2, and CFD to fuck up tech progress.

Better to reboot, cut out 3e/4e/5e, bring intelligently thought out wireless to the 2050s,

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

@Supergrass
But you are the GM, why bother?
Let them go through what you did.

Also i sorta know your feelings.
Rolling RPG dice for about 20 years now and never played a full magician in any system.
Adept-like stuff at most.
Don't think i wanna change this though, I prefer chrome.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

I wanna worldbuild with my players a better Shadowrun. Or maybe at least one they're invested in. 30 or maybe 50 years in the future. Like say the year is 2080.

Deckers as people who can hack things on the fly are out. The Matrix as Tron bullshit is out. Simsense is in; bio-lethal feedback is up to the players. Computer bullshit is mostly simplified extended tests, no complete separate sub-system for the most part. Or we'll design some shit as the game goes on because literally designing something on the spot would make more sense than most Matrix rulesets.

Magic is a constraint. The primary tradition is most likely Psionics.

Technomancers maybe exist, considered basically tech-magicians/psions who do weird shit.

Cyberware and shit is in.

Races/metatypes are open-ended. Maybe there's only human. Or maybe we discuss as a group and want replicants cos we all just saw Blade Runner. Or weird shit.

Authoritiarian grand-reaching corporate or maybe just government control is a constraint. Each player designs a megacorp stating (1) a few big modern names that were absorbed and what industries they're in (2) the slogan of the corp (3) recent rumors about the corp

Premise is open-ended. Knowing my players, they'd wanna be street scum running a roach motel or some Warriors type shit.

I think Lone Star cops or shadowrunner-type PIs would be a good premise, too. Good for Blade Runner vibes and good for wildly differing arcs. Maybe big time-skips between each arc and more world-building in between.

Pls throw me world-building ideas for me to throw at group. I was thinking stuff like the Psi Corps from Babylon 5. Obsolete people w/ no/underpaid jobs being a huge problem. A Korean / China / Japan clusterfuck territorial reorgnization. Massive Islamic Caliphate. Mebbe some ideological cults like Neo-Luddites afraid of the singularity.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

@SomethingNew
75% of what you're describing is Eclipse Phase.

askme
askme

@SomethingNew
If you want a solid cooperative worldbuild, check out Microscope.

TreeEater
TreeEater

@Need_TLC
Should've gone with it and have an ongoing plot for you to be captured by one of the greats.

whereismyname
whereismyname

@TreeEater
Is there any advantages to being a human street sam instead of an Ork or Troll?

Methshot
Methshot

@whereismyname
Edge

RumChicken
RumChicken

@whereismyname
Literally White Privilege.

No, I'm not joking. People in-setting are afraid of trolls and treat orcs like gangbangers, being a human probably nets you work from passively racist folks and the outright Humanis motherfuckers.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@Methshot
Is the extra edge worth it? I mean sure you can play with the meta-types to get better skills or attributes.

Also for SS, attributes OR Skills?

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@Snarelure
Your Current Rep Score: 111 (78% Happy)
damn you didn't get the joke...

viagrandad
viagrandad

@RumChicken
I doubt a cyber'd up murder-hobo inspires confidence whether they be human or more 'undesirable' metatypes

Methnerd
Methnerd

@whereismyname
Sure, way lower priority cost, allowing you to go Double A on Attributes and Money while still having a nice Edge Attribute.
Orks are a valid alternative, Trolls are overpriced in comparisson to Orks, imho.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

@viagrandad
Yeah, but a human walking down the street in a nice hotel in a hoodie and jeans is invisible. A troll doing the same gets two looks from everyone, especially security.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@New_Cliche
*into a nice hotel

idontknow
idontknow

@New_Cliche
It seems plain clothes stealth would benefit a human SS, either using unarmed, implant or small weapons such as handguns or compact SMGs

askme
askme

Are there any organic initiative drugs? I know they didn't properly break down what is 'naturally occurring' for Chemical Glands, but I'd like to see if there is any that are described in the fluff as coming from natural sources that could be used with that bioware.

hairygrape
hairygrape

@whereismyname
@askme
Long Haul can do the same thing. A Sleep Regulator makes sense if you have lots of extra money you want to convert into lots of extra time, and while everyone needs the latter not everyone has the former. If you just need some sleepless nights now and again, go visit your local candyman.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@askme
You could always shop for artisanal coca leaves.

takes2long
takes2long

@New_Cliche
Even if he's eating Skittles?

Flameblow
Flameblow

@Fried_Sushi
Fucking underage elf girl.
A true hero.

Emberburn
Emberburn

So what counts as common/specific for prejudiced? what would you GM's rule 'gangers' as? I figured they'd be common since theres dozens of named gangs in Seattle.

massdebater
massdebater

@Emberburn
As a GM, I wouldn't rule 'gangers' as a valid target for Prejudice at all. It's not prejudice if you dislike the gangs of violent criminals that roam the city, engaging in bloody turf wars, terrorizing local citizenry, and selling drugs and illegal flesh. It's common sense.

The only exception I might make was in a street scum/local game, where a character had a specific bad relationship with one specific gang.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@Emberburn
I'd rule gangers as common yeah. A specific gang for the specific quality but I'd make them large enough to be able to be encountered in the game.

Picking "The five gangbangers on the side of 4th and Eagle Street" doesnt' cut it, too small and precise.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@massdebater
You're playing literal mercenary criminals who will be in contact with the criminal elements of whatever city you're playing in constantly, both in conflict and in business. That includes the gangs. I think prejudiced in that situation would represent the inability to stomach even tolerating them for the length of time needed to play nice.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

@PurpleCharger
I'm playing a former ganger right now, and while I didn't take prejudice, he definitely feels like it was beneath him. Knocking over Stuffershacks and slinging chips is small time but these guys act like they're hot shit

Soft_member
Soft_member

@askme
All the best stims are grown in labs, chummer.

happy_sad
happy_sad

@massdebater
Thrud rocks
Hell yeah he does.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@takes2long
"Breathing while trog" is acceptable as a listed offence when taking down an ork or troll. Security is corrupt, police are private corps focused on numbers and profit, beat cops almost have to be on the take to survive. This means opportunity for runners, but also that you can't trust a cop further than you can punch one.

Lone Star exemplifies this, but despite their casual racism they're not actually the least professional or most trigger happy of security corps. That goes to corps like Wolverine Security, and others who take those who fail training / are fired from LS / KE.

Knight Errant has a better professional public image, but even they don't prioritise civilian safety and have firearms marketed to them for firing on 'low threat targets' - aka, unarmed protesters, offended parents, fleeing perps, etc.

Snarelure
Snarelure

@lostmypassword
Generalizing is all well and good but there are still a few good cops around. BJ from Lockdown for example. Or the down on his luck Chicago cop was a contact for one of the missions seasons.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

@Snarelure

A session my players liked.

MPmaster
MPmaster

@Carnalpleasure
Fucking gold

Illusionz
Illusionz

@Snarelure
almost
aggghhh, there are still good cops like these two exceptions that prove the rule!
First, calm your tits.

1:9, roughly, according to Run & Gun.

Lunatick
Lunatick

What's the sexiest metatype and why is it ork?

w8t4u
w8t4u

@Lunatick
built for breeding

massdebater
massdebater

@Lunatick
Ork tits.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

@Lunatick
Ork
Not Troll
Step up your Snu-Snu game user

FastChef
FastChef

@Lunatick
because

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Is there a quality that lets you substitute Charisma for another stat with the Intimidation skill?

Firespawn
Firespawn

Am I not reading Friends in High Places right? I thought your bonus contacts needed to have Connection of 8 or more, but the regular contacts from your standard contact Karma allotment followed the regular rules.

However, Chummer is throwing up this error in the validity check. My mistake or Yekka's?

eGremlin
eGremlin

Anyone got any games that're looking for a player?

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

@Firespawn
Likely mine, I'll look into it.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

@Firespawn
That's because you're fucking stupid and spent way too many points.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

@GoogleCat
Don't the rules say your GM can let you do that for nothing, or am I thinking of something else?

Spamalot
Spamalot

watching SR: Corporate Sins

i didn't think it would be possible to fall in love with a GM

hold me, Veeky Forums...

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@Spamalot
I tried to watch it, but there was something grating about them so I stopped after 10 or so minutes. Is it worth trying again?

happy_sad
happy_sad

@Need_TLC
Not so. Charisma 7. CHAx4 for FihP gives me 28 points for the first two contacts, CHAx3 for the regular ones at 21 points.

Methnerd
Methnerd

@Ignoramus
imo yeah, and I know what you mean. I got accustomed to their style. Pretty much the entire cast is improv actors and a couple are doing weird accents for their characters. It can certainly be grating in the first few eps without context, but as the character building continues, you learn to appreciate the characters for who they are and the players' accents for decent RP.

and an attractive, intelligent, redheaded female GM? holy smokes lads

Supergrass
Supergrass

@Spamalot

Just saw the first ep.

The troll guy is definitely da best. Piggy piggy piggys

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@SomethingNew
I did this with my players at our session zero and we ended up with a much, much better play experience for it. Had the players each spin up setting elements they were interested in, corps, NGOs, events, fleshed them out, cut the elements no one liked.
Magic is a constraint. The primary tradition is most likely Psionics.
Thanks for this. Our setting leans Gibson fucking GitS while Cyber City Oedo watches through binoculars, and psionics gives me a way to explain adepts and incorporate other magical effects without going full on fantasy.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

@Supergrass
you're in for a treat m8, as the doors will continue to get knocked down. he is pretty based

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

@askme
This is 100% 'ask your GM' territory.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@Lunatick
I prefer dwarves, but orks are a close second.

Then trolls, then humans.

Never elves. Not even once.

TechHater
TechHater

@Gigastrength

Aye, I figure 'magic' will make it through my players; I believe only 1 doesn't like it. I'm a big fan of the Shadowrun magic rules. They're one of the few parts that remained consistent throughout most editions.

We'll mash it out but I can see us just calling it Psionics. Or rather, that's just what most governments call it (as opposed to the Unified Magic Theory or w/e in Shadowrun). Maybe the 'spells' most associated w/ Psionics will get buffs (telekinesis and the like)

I've always viewed SR magic as brain/soul-powered anyway, if you don't tie it too much to the astral portion. Kinda Lantern Corps willpower type stuff without the stupid rings

Thanks for the supporting words! I am increasingly convinced that tying the players to the world is better than the Shadowrun setting. Cos if I used the Shadowrun setting I just have to sum it up as "Hey all this really cool shit happened in 1, 2, 3e and uh nothing much happened in 4, 5e and uh... well there are AIs and shit... uh but they haven't taken over the world and er... actually I'm just go home fuck it." It truly does feel like all this cool shit happened and Shadowrun didn't know where to take it and continue along the 'post-cyberpunk' dystopian transhuman themes because of Bathroomgate, grognards, and overall shitty behind the scenes reasons

Snarelure
Snarelure

@TechHater
Bathroomgate
Wait what

TechHater
TechHater

Is there a good way to conceal a Longarm? You can remove the stock and saw it off, but that's still leaving you at a +3 if the GM is generous. Cameleon Coating only takes that down another point.

Is it only Easy Breakdown and carrying suspiciously large briefcases, or is there something I'm missing?

WebTool
WebTool

@TechHater
Stow it in a vent or compartment. Rigger buddy of mine put it in his "cleaning drone" when he posed as a janitor.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

@TechHater
Shadowrun magic rules
consistent throughout most editions
Out of your fucking mind.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

@Snarelure

The story goes that one of the bigwigs (or *the* bigwig?) of Catalyst Game Labs embezzled money and marked the construction workers on his bathroom as freelance writers.

So about a million dollars meant for actual writers and rules people went to his bathroom. Bathroomgate. The owners or managers of Shadowrun thus became the very corporate greed bullshit they rail against.

there are better links out there but here's one: https://geek-related.com/2010/04/17/catalyst-games-defiant-criminals/

This marks the time of the 2nd half of the life cycle of Shadowrun 4e. The exact moment that everything went to fucking shit.

And 5e was basically a cashgrab to stay afloat.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

@Snarelure
CEO's accounts were linked to CGL's business account, because reasons. CEO used business funds to spend ~$800,000 of company money on renovations to his home, which was money that was earmarked for printing books and paying freelancers. Words Were Had.

http://www.tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=50989

askme
askme

@Lord_Tryzalot
5e was basically a cashgrab to stay afloat
Oh man, does it show.

@TalkBomber
If I read one more comment about Shadowrun ending up in WotC's hands I'm going to punch someone in the throat.
kek, that would've been quite the timeline to live in

Snarelure
Snarelure

@New_Cliche

Great b8. You must have the magic rules confused w/ da Matrix rules.

2e thru 5e:
Cast a spell. Choose a force. Roll casting. Roll drain; willpower is main drain stat. Line of sight spellcasting. If you go over your Magic Attrib or cast too high force, take physical instead of stun damage.

Spirits kick ass, do weird shit, have temporary or permanent services, and are generally hard to kill using mundane methods.

Adepts do cool shit using Power Points.

'ware costs you essence which reduces Magic.

you're out of your element, donny

Lunatick
Lunatick

@Snarelure
Please explain 2nd ed counterspelling

viagrandad
viagrandad

@Snarelure

to put it another way, you could take a mage or shaman from 2e, slot him into 5e, and he'd only need to review specifics and dice mechanics (dice pool hits instead of Target Numbers), not learn a completely new mindset

Methshot
Methshot

@Lunatick

It's cool if you wanna be a semantics cuntbucket, but the fact remains that most of the mechanics, fluff, and mindset are the same across editions.

What's next? You gonna bring up Edge not being in 2e or some dumb shit?

cum2soon
cum2soon

@askme
novacoke

Firespawn
Firespawn

If the chummer guy is in the thread, The enchanting skill group is grayed out when using sum-to-ten generation

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@Lunatick
I'm about to be running a campaign in Denver set right after Ghostwalker kicked all the governments out, and a while before he started his little inquisition.

JunkTop
JunkTop

@Firespawn
That's because you took your free skill for being magical in part of the Enchanting group.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@JunkTop
last I checked neither assenssing nor arcana are part of the enchanting group

RumChicken
RumChicken

@Firespawn
Link the .chum5 file?

Lunatick
Lunatick

@RumChicken
false alarm. didn't properly restart chummer after the update

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

About to play SR5 for the first time since it released. Back then it was all about how OP mystic adepts are. I saw some user mention a "hand of god decker" build earlier in the thread, any central location for common character builds like that?

Nojokur
Nojokur

@TalkBomber
"Hand of God" just means a cyberarm with maxed STR and AGI. On a human it comes out to 9 and 9.

JunkTop
JunkTop

@Nojokur
Non-maxed is now equal to maxed
Why would you lie

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

@Nojokur
Ah thanks for clearing that up for me. That's the kind of info I'm looking for, some sort of quick startup guide for tools and things that everyone uses versus trap choices to stay away from, if such things currently exist.

SniperGod
SniperGod

This is a shitty place to ask but for some reason it's not letting me start a new thread so; are there any solid cyberpunk games out there that aren't the grossly outdated CP2020 and aren't the vomitus rules bloat of Shadowrun?

I don't even have anything against the Magic and stuff, the system is just an awful fucking mess and even folks on here seem to agree as much.

Supergrass
Supergrass

@SniperGod
Vomitus rules bloat
user, I'm legitimately asking this here and not trying to shitpost, but do you have reading problems?

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@JunkTop
That's the maximum a single cyberlimb can obtain. to get it up to actual maximum you need a second limb and the redliner quality. And if you're not a sammy that ain't happening.

cum2soon
cum2soon

@Supergrass
Firstly, you ARE trying to shitpost and Veeky Forums is already pretty awful so there's no reason to even bother pretending otherwise.
Secondly, I have read SR5 cover to cover several times, GMed two groups, played in one, and have basically ended up with the unfortunate truth that I have to move onto a different cyberpunk system. Game setups take far, FAR too long when I have multiple other obligations, and to plan a proper game for a group of five I need to so consistently break the "never spend more then half the time prepping as you do GMing" rule that I'm not really able to justify it.

And you know what?
I see next to nothing BUT complaining about the poor rules and shitty sourcebooks for things as important as the fucking Matrix and the increasingly shitty rules over and over and over on these threads every goddamn night, so let's not all pretend to be "okay" with where Shadowrun 5th Edition has gone.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@SniperGod
user, ignore @Supergrass
this fuckface.
Try out Interface-Zero. It's got no magic or anything but it's a solid enough system that uses the Savage Worlds rules I think. I've heard good things about it.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

@DeathDog
Is just that CGL writers have no sense for what their level of technology implies.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@cum2soon
that's why I'm trying to get into 3e

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

@Stupidasole
Do they have sense of ANY kind at ALL?
Because there's a solid argument to be made that they don't.

takes2long
takes2long

@SniperGod

I haven't checked any of these out myself just yet altho I glanced at 2:
Technoir
The Sprawl (PbtA)
Karma in the Dark
FATE Shadowrun
Savage World Interface Zero 1.0 & 2.0
The Veil
Headspace

Also there's a Matrix hack for Shadowrun 4e called The Ends by FrankTrollman. Its purpose is a balanced Matrix & to give hackers things to do in combat. Its main weird schtick is that brain hacking is a thing via wireless Because Reasons.

Bidwell
Bidwell

@GoogleCat
I'm not sure, but I got around this for my Trid Fu Adept with Called Shot: Trick Shot. It adds hits to next intimidation check. Sharpshooter + Gun Kata Martial Arts brings it down to a -1 on the called shot.

girlDog
girlDog

@Evil_kitten
Well the mass accelerator in Africa is useless because spirits are a thing.
The nano machines used to build skyscrapers could also easily be used to build orbital habitats That could get the world with real food.
Lol you can feel what it's like to be a Car/drone/animal but a pastor of extra arms ? No can do.
Considering the state of drone and agents the whole labor management becomes questionable.

What is your argument ?

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@girlDog
Well the mass accelerator in Africa is useless because spirits are a thing.
Apparently the corp (S&K I think it is) made a deal with the spirits and the accelerator is working now.

hairygrape
hairygrape

Are there any character archetypes you would say get the shaft if you're playing in a core-rulebook-only game?

Snarelure
Snarelure

@Ignoramus
My point wasn't that it isn't working.
What I wanted to get at its the fact that an accelerator becomes mostly useless if you can just get a bunch of half assed mages and a real one to Simon a spirit powerful enough to use movement on the rocket. Because the hard part for rockets is the phase in atmosphere, where spirits can exist.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@Snarelure
* to SUMMON a spirited

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@Snarelure
@BinaryMan
OSHA placard in mage labs
Follow Safety Protocols! Don't Be A Simon!

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

@Stupidasole
Whatever sense they do have, they've been actively attempting to pull back from breaching transhumanity a la Eclipse Phase / Nova Praxis in 5e.

Whatever you're trying to say with that post, still hard pass on a time jump in favour of a reset.

Inmate
Inmate

@girlDog
extra arms
This is literally people who aren't writing the rules making their own decisions on how it works. Which is pretty much the best way to play SR anyway.

DeathDog
DeathDog

@hairygrape
Alchemist or a bow user. I'd even argue adepts somewhat, since a lot of their cooler powers are in street grim, alongside adept counterspelling, the best thing to come out for them in a long time.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

@SomethingNew
don't misunderstand me, I'm for a reset all the way because all the tech in the setting feels like "cool gimmick of the book"

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@DeathDog
Technomancers?

Booteefool
Booteefool

@DeathDog
Adepts get to flex off spells ?

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

@GoogleCat
Substituting charisma with strength for physical intimidation and logic for mental intimidation. It would probably only work in specific circumstances though.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

@DeathDog
@Nude_Bikergirl
Are technomancers in trouble out of Core? I was thinking about going that route but I don't want to hinder my team.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

@Carnalpleasure
Where's that user with his handy forum thread link when you need him?

Techpill
Techpill

@Carnalpleasure
The issue with Technomancers is they're hyped up as the wizards of decking, but they require too many stats and skill investments only for you to fall well short of an out-of-box Decker. You'd need an A Priority in Attributes, Skills and Resonance to not either be godawful at some super vital part of hacking or so horrifically fragile that you'll be trying to borrow the rigger's cocoon. Also, you need a Submersion just to be able to directly connect to something unless you install a Datajack at which point why are you not a Decker?

There are all of three things a Technomancer can do that a Decker cannot: Hide on a host for literal days without being found thanks to Static Veil, summon Sprites to do shit for you like Spirits, and steal an encrypted file without alerting someone, since Crack File alerts the host but Editor does not.

Emberburn
Emberburn

@SomethingNew
eh don't think it fits in this case, but whatever

@Carnalpleasure
technomancers
http://shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/181431/#Comment_181431
Every Time Until You Like It

SniperWish
SniperWish

@Snarelure
A super memorable run was the time my team stole a bunch of vat equipment from a wimp factory.

My character proceeded to grow dinosaurs they coded in the matrix using an ultraviolet node, the collected sequence of several hundred thousand strands of different types of DNA, and about six weeks realtime.

Three months later, they sold their first dinosaur to a collector, and started cloning Utahraptors for fun.

They no longer shadowrun, now they just sell dinosaurs to Zoos.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

What is a good way to determine level of electrical warfare in a job with a group that has no deckers or anything like that?
I want to know when to turn wireless off basically, which means somehow sniffing out if nerds are guarding the building.

WebTool
WebTool

@Emberburn
Technomancers play nothing like Deckers.
And this is the major issue. The writing gives so little indication of how to use all the features in the game, it's like CGL doesn't even play their own shit.

RumChicken
RumChicken

@WebTool
And that's why they always get shit for "just being bad deckers"
To be a good TM you need to be on the same page about the matrix as your GM (Good luck with that) and a little touched in the head.
Also the semi-offical fade errata.

Booteefool
Booteefool

@RumChicken
To be fair, most mages don't know how to play summoners either.
Or straight mages.
Or even street sams.
The rules are so damn arcane and badly edited most people don't know half of them, or how they interact.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@Booteefool
desu, if i want to prepare my alchemy spells for any situation i just hand my GM a list of stuff i want to make and he greenlights it or ask questions till i get green light.
Then i just roll my rolls and hand him the results, if i use edge i tell him for what and how and hand him the results at the end.
I'm not even sure if he knows what those numbers mean.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@Lunatick
We watched two dragons fuck once.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

@Need_TLC
user is it a non greater dragon or young dragon? Because young dragons are feral monsters for nearly a hundred years before adulthood

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@Fried_Sushi
...Go on.

whereismyname
whereismyname

@GoogleCat
Dannynjon.gif

RumChicken
RumChicken

@whereismyname
booo

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

@Booteefool
To be fair, most mages don't know how to play
Uh...wait what part of being a summoner or straight mage do most players not understand?

iluvmen
iluvmen

@Burnblaze
What does and what doesn't block astral perception ?
How do you cast spells ?
How many dice do i need for drain again ?
What is drain ?

Trust me it's eas to over estimate people when you are so long into the game.

iluvmen
iluvmen

@iluvmen
Also how to use reagents, how to cast rituals, best way to use spells, how to counter spells, and all that's before we get to initiation.

Skullbone
Skullbone

I want to make a face mage, but most of the charisma traditions just seem me to me. I like chaos magic though. Would taking 6 INT, 5 CHA and the empathetic listener quality that lets you use INT on etiquette tests make up for the shortfall, or should I take exceptional attribute and just have 6 and 6.

Flameblow
Flameblow

@Skullbone
meh to me*

WebTool
WebTool

@iluvmen
Yeah reagents, the overlooked middle child of magic.
But a helpfull fuse for alchemist (at least for the german rules) and more bang for less work for other mages, also binding.

JunkTop
JunkTop

@Skullbone
Have you looked into all three books and didn't find anything ?
Otherwise talk with your GM and make shit up.
That's what i did with my neo-shaman

Illusionz
Illusionz

@JunkTop
Well Shinto was kind of interesting but I know exactly jack and shit about Shinto. Black Magic also looked neat but it seems like all black magic users are cunts and I dont want to play a cunt.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

@Skullbone
A 1 die penalty is not too bad, and you need high INT anyway.

Of course you could always make your own tradition. Just make it thematic.

Bidwell
Bidwell

@Illusionz
like all black magic users are cunts
right-o

Maybe a christian mage? They basically split up in two camps "hellfire and Brimmstone, homo-sex is bad" and "Jesus died for our sins and teached us to love even our enemies."
Can be good ground for interesting interactions.

Also the 6th world catholich church has some beed with atzlan and is big time into artefact smuggling.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@Bidwell
Make an Anglican mage. Doesn't really care much about the bible and spends all his time knitting and making quiche.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

@PurpleCharger
"Thanks for hiring Church of England, cake or death?"

girlDog
girlDog

@Stark_Naked
These days it's all just cake and jumble sales.
Anglicanism: The world's first atheist church.

happy_sad
happy_sad

@girlDog
Cyberfaith, go go go!

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

@girlDog

It's an OLD running joke over here. I mean hell, Yes Prime Minister was doing jokes about it back in the 80s.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@PurpleCharger
But where does the magic come from ?

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@cum2soon
novacoke
initiative drug

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@VisualMaster
You never thought about the magic of comfyness before? It's the tradition of cups of tea and gentle bookreading clubs on a lazy sunday morning.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

Where would rats hit on the phobia chart, common or uncommon?

Supergrass
Supergrass

@BlogWobbles
common, chummer. Devil rats are SUPER common

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

@Supergrass
Well looks like the big bad Ork is going to be screaming like a little girl an awful lot.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

@BlogWobbles
Pretty fookin' common, mate. In most large cities you're never more than 15 feet from a rat, and out in the country you find them in verges and waterways.

In Shadowrun lore you even have plagues of rats swarming over the barrens, consuming everything and everyone they find. If you're lucky they're just common rats. If you're unlucky they're VITAS infected Devilrats.

In fact it's tempting to say you can't take rats as a phobia, since everyone with an ounce of sense is terrified of them anyway.

Emberburn
Emberburn

@Snarelure
They changed literally the entire fluff of Magicians and Shamans, how Totems work, and a lot of what they mechanically had access to when they merged them together in 4e.

4e was as big of a dramatic change to how magic worked as 4e and 5e have had in the Matrix.

If you think they've been kept consistent, you're out of your fucking mind.

RumChicken
RumChicken

@Evil_kitten
Well its either going to be rats or some kind of bug. I'll ask the GM next time I see him.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@Fuzzy_Logic
That's the kind of info I'm looking for, some sort of quick startup guide for tools and things that everyone uses versus trap choices to stay away from, if such things currently exist.
It doesn't. You're just going to have to lurk more and ask questions.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@iluvmen
Trust me it's eas to over estimate people when you are so long into the game.
Feels more like I must've underestimated my players because I just have to explain things once and they pretty much get it. And that's with very quick explaining.

"You roll dice equal to your attribute + skill to do the things you want to do. Count your 5s and 6s, they tell you how well you succeed. Force 4 is stronger than Force 3. You need the equivalent program to do something in the matrix." basically the tl:dr of it.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@SniperGod
My advice would be Technoir. Very streamline.

Soft_member
Soft_member

What are sume run ideas that really test your PCs morals ?

I'm collecting ideas for such runs and to really test out my players murder hobones.

So far i got one idea.
Get hired by Mr. Johnson to board a transport ship of "corp of your choice" to steal research data and sabotage theirs.
Pretty straight forward, enter ship, locat lab, steal data, destroy data, kill researchers and destroy running projects.
So far so godd, entered ship, located lab, got research data and decker says it's mostly gibberish but says something about "Transhumansism", "Natural Bioware" and "Physical enchantments" Sammy gets pumped.
Destroy hard drives and kill the nerds, not pretty but you gotta do what you gotta do to get paid.
Get to one of the romms where they keep the experiments behind some really snazzy security door.
Get into the room... where's the lab equipment? Why are tha walls decorated with pink flowers? ... is that a rocking horse?
sammy de-pumped.
The experiments are literally just little kids between 2-4 years old, and there are more rooms after this one.
Payment is only for a job 100% done.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@Garbage Can Lid
Your gear/ware is literally never going to get hacked. It's simply too time-consuming for enemies to attempt, especially once you slave everything to a good commlink. The only time you're going to turn off its wireless is if you don't want it to get noticed as something conspicuously out of place by someone with Matrix Perception. As a general rule, that means you're only ever going to turn it off when going into high-security facilities, since literally nobody cares if you're in low-security or public areas.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@RumChicken
How the fuck do you even run the Matrix [vr sense, not AR cos its just additional shit tagged onto the enviroment] anyway?
It seems poorly defined in the core rulebook and I want to know how hosts are used, as well as designing layout/security of said virtual environment that you'd encounter on a run

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

@Illusionz
Black Magic also looked neat but it seems like all black magic users are cunts and I dont want to play a cunt.
You're playing as a person who commits crimes and kills people in exchange for money. All shadowrunners are cunts. Black Magic is the actual best-fit of Tradition to profession in the game.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@Soft_member
Always give your team other options, even if they need to be smart to realize them.

Railroading players into being monsters will quickly antagonize your players if they are trying to play good-guys.

That said, ,it's always a great twist when the Johnson they've been working for over multiple missions turns out to be a bug spirit in disguise, and you've been helping them grow their nest.

SniperWish
SniperWish

@GoogleCat
Force 4 is stronger than Force 3.
not necessarily. Sometimes a bigger force helps (if it sets the Damage or a threshold the victim must make). But also there are spells where a higher force is not better, and where a higher force is just increasing your drain.
Direct damage spells, directional Detection spells, most illusion spells and most manipulation spells don't benefit from a higher force. In those cases you are better off
taking Force equal to Dice pool/3
taking Force as the lowest you have to use (such as with Increase Attribute)
taking Force 1 and using reagents

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@Lord_Tryzalot
user, there's a difference between kicking a puppy and shooting it's owner in the face for money. Get with the program.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

@Soft_member
Payment is only for a job 100% done.
Adopt the kids, steal everything that's not nailed down, sink the ship to ruin the Johnson's ability to check, and then signal him 'job well done.' Either he pays you and it's all good, or you fence everything you stole, let the word get out that this Johnson is a child-murderer (a no-no even in the Shadows) and it's still all good.

That's the problem with sending people on Hell Runs. Or Johnsons who intentionally leave out details. Or Johnsons who try to doublecross runners. Johnsons have reps too, and if a Johnson gets pissy about how you did a job, it's not too hard to torpedo their rep in response. They'll never get a decent fixer to take one of their jobs ever again after that shit.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

@Poker_Star
Chummer you did misunderstand me,
I never said they do not have other options but rather want them to look for those instead of being job accepting-murdering-automatons.

And while the bug spirit johnson is a A+ for fuckiness, it doesn't really chalange a PCs morals.
"Well guess we have been tricked, time to squish some bugs."

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

@GoogleCat
Black Magic isn't the 'be a sadist for no reason' Tradition, it's the 'ultimately strictly self-interested' tradition. You know, the Tradition for mercenaries, grifters, and thieves.

cum2soon
cum2soon

@Spazyfool
chalange

Flameblow
Flameblow

@Sir_Gallonhead

More like for megas.

RumChicken
RumChicken

@New_Cliche
that is definitely a way to solve the mission without child murder.
So you would agree that this idea would get some murderhobos thinking ?

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@cum2soon
challenge, I'm kinda sorry but not since i'm here with a headache and too much ree time.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

@Flameblow
Nah, megas value organizational teamwork and community too much to have a bunch of self-interested fucks screwing things up for everyone else. That kind of focus on individuality is the exact opposite of the wageslave/wagemage mentality.

It's pure shadowrunner. Individuality, self-interest, and a healthy disregard and disrespect for anyone else's authority.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

@StrangeWizard
ree time

Methnerd
Methnerd

@Firespawn
Your mistake, all of your contacts are over 7 (total, not just connection) points, not just your Friends in High Places.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

@Spazyfool
Yeah, sorry. Read too quickly.

One option comes once they've already been paid. Hand over fat stacks of nuyen, but find ways to inform the characters about the consequences of their runs. How much collateral damage was there? Innocents killed? Damage to the neighborhood? And then give hints/opportunities for the 'Runners to blow their payday on fixing the damage they caused.

Frankly, most 'Runners won't even try to help. They'll take their cash and laugh. But maybe you can surprise them by handing out karma if they actually try to help.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@Raving_Cute
Technoir's hacking sucks ass, though. They took a rules-light system and added about 3 moves too many.

TreeEater
TreeEater

@BlogWobbles
Frankly, most 'Runners won't even try to help.
Yeah that's the thing, already tried that. and my players wash their hands in ignorance.

Either beign confronted mid-run works or i'll give them runs from Bug/Enemy/Blood magic Johnsons and work towards the endtimes.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

@Garbage Can Lid
It seems poorly defined in the core rulebook and I want to know how hosts are used, as well as designing layout/security of said virtual environment that you'd encounter on a run

#1: Layout doesn't matter at all. Doesn't matter if you're in a bunch of clouds and the paydata is paper airplanes flying by, doesn't matter if you're in a quaint English village and ICE is the local bobby, doesn't matter if you're underwater and everyone's personas are in scuba gear. If it's not in the archives, you can find it via Matrix Perception and interact with it via your other Matrix skills. Everything descriptive is just fluff, distance doesn't matter in the slightest, you are wherever you need to be to do the thing.

#2: Hosts are everything that is part of day to day computing. A host is almost certainly physically linked to a facility; you're in an 'environment' that mirrors the regular world in function if not in form. This doesn't interfere with legitimate users in different facilities, because they're all on the same grid and can go from host to host as necessary. The only thing that's not always available on the host is old files and top-secret files, which are placed into the archive for safekeeping. However, they need to pull them out of the archive to work with them, so paydata is accessible if you know when they're going to have it ready to work on.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@Dreamworx
Every system's hacking sucks ass. Literally every single hacking system is terrible, unless it's simplified all the way down to 'roll a single check to make a digital device do a thing.'

Techpill
Techpill

@Lord_Tryzalot
You're playing as a person who commits crimes and kills people in exchange for money. All shadowrunners are cunts.
If you can only see black or white then Shadowrun is not the game for you. People are complex and nuanced, criminals can be ethical even if their ethics look different. If you think of someone as without morals, it is going to confuse you when they throw away their chance of riches to help people.

TreeEater
TreeEater

@Sir_Gallonhead
Black Magic is not just about fulflling a desire; it’s about the satisfaction of having people line up to give you what you want, of bending them to your will so that they forsake everything they thought was important to them in order please you. If you cannot conceive of the satisfaction that can come from that, you have no place in Black Magic. Black Magic understands that evil is not about random, uncontrolled destruction—it is about the systematic breaking down of others to facilitate your own pleasure and enjoyment.
Nope. There are more than enough runners that don't subscribe to this.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

@kizzmybutt
Wants to play in a modernish game where I can play a hacker.
will describe how to gain access to a system via privilege escalation through finding a vulnerability in their java or some shit to exfill some data
"Sorry user, you rolled a 1, you fail"

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@TalkBomber
Shove your meta-knowledge up your own ass and accept that your character failed even if you might have succeed in his place.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@New_Cliche
Megas might, but the CEOs and other execs only care about making themselves rich and other people doing what they say. It's a much better fit for them than the average Shadowrunner. I've never played with anyone who did the job just for the money.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

@PurpleCharger
its one of those 'knowing my luck' scenarios, every. time.

massdebater
massdebater

@TreeEater
Sounds like you have a team that simply don't care (regardless of the players feelings). If they are that committed to be heartless bastards in-character, roll with it. Those orphanages won't burn themselves down.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@Dreamworx
The executives, sure. But it fits absolutely great with shadowrunners. They don't have to be doing it 'just for the money,' they're just ultimately self-interested.

And if you've never seen a shadowrunner that's ultimately self-interested, I find that absolutely shocking. I'm not talking about motherfuckers so mercenary that they'd strangle a 2-year-old for a paycheck. Just someone who, when the cards are down, cares about himself and then other people, in that order.

Spellcasters can use magic to dominate the minds of others, conjurers can call forth spirits to do their bidding (predictably, Black Magic practitioners tend to be haughty toward their spirits), and adepts can use their social skills to talk people into giving what they want.
Any idiot can score some novacoke or drop a few nuyen on a prostitute, but that’s bush-league stuff. Black Magic is not just about fulfilling a desire; it’s about the satisfaction of having people line up to give you what you want

They're the standard Street Face Tradition, manipulating, controlling, and grifting their way through society - getting everyone to give them whatever they want though a mixture of subtlety and force. It's not about putting everyone else last - it's about putting yourself first.

Methshot
Methshot

@kizzmybutt
Just someone who, when the cards are down, cares about himself and then other people, in that order.
That's not Black Magic.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@kizzmybutt
It's not about putting everyone else last - it's about putting yourself first.

Are you not comprehending what you are quoting?
Black Magic is not just about fulfilling a desire; it’s about the satisfaction of having people line up to give you what you want

You're not making just sure you get first dibs on this. Black Magic is literally about taking from others, about breaking them and making them do what you want. It's not you're first and they come after - It's you as their king and god, with others deliberately targeted and broken until they serve you not because you want a thing, but because you want them to be so shattered they give the thing you want to you, no matter the cost to themselves.

farquit
farquit

@kizzmybutt
A black mage doesn't just put their desires above others, he manipulates and controls others until they put his desires above their own as well.

Black mages are parasites. They're like a home-grown form of bug spirit, but with less chitin.

hairygrape
hairygrape

@farquit
What you're describing is one that's gone full Toxic. They are not a Toxic tradition normally.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@hairygrape
No, I described the bog-standard version of Black Mage. I don't want to even think about what a Toxic version would be.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

@VisualMaster
I don't want to even think about what a Toxic version would be.
Did you play Dragonfall?

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@hairygrape
I'd argue that toxic is destruction for the sake of destruction, as an battle crazy adept would also be toxic.
Black mages aren't inherently destructive, just narcissistic assholes

Also any tradtition can go blood/tox

Inmate
Inmate

@Sir_Gallonhead
Yes. Harrow was toxic, and it showed. He not just brainwashed kids, he brainwashed them to be cannibals. Cannibal whore children only to satisfy his twisted whims and those of the Adversary.

Most black mages DON'T create cults of cannibal whore children, but they still manipulate and use those they can.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@Emberburn

So you're equating the streamlining of hermetic mages w/ shamans, something affecting their concepts 10% as a whole, w/ an entirely new Matrix rules subsystem in pretty much every edition of the game. Cool story. Sounds like someone was butthurt their Randall the Rat Shaman now uses the same rules as Bob the Wagemage from Magickal Accounting.

I'll just repeat this: to put it another way, you could take a mage or shaman from 2e, slot him into 5e, and he'd only need to review specifics and dice mechanics (dice pool hits instead of Target Numbers), not learn a completely new mindset. He could get caught up in a few hours while the 2e->5e decker needs a PhD in shitty rules systems to know what the fuck is going on.

Trust me, standardized rules are usually a good thing. Look no further to the clusterfuck of pretty much any cyberpunk system's Matrix rules to see why.

Playboyize
Playboyize

Toxic Magic is it's own tradition.

When a magician becomes toxic, they abandon their previous view of magic and the world for a completely new one; in this way they take on a completely new tradition...
SG 87

You aren't a Toxic Black Magician, you are a former follow of the Black Magic Tradition and a current follower of the Toxic Tradition. Toxic is not just 'tradition of dickheads', nor does it have anything to do with whether or not you're destructive; Beserk is a standard adept power, as are mentors like Shark and Tohu Wa-Bohu. You become a follower of the Toxic Tradition when you embrace using corrupted mana that flows from polluted areas.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

@kizzmybutt
Nothing wrong with Bloodmagic

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@Inmate
@kizzmybutt
@farquit
@kizzmybutt
@kizzmybutt

tl;dr : Black mages are cunts

JunkTop
JunkTop

@Deadlyinx
ORO pls go!

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

@JunkTop
No

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@Techpill

So...would it make sense to make a Decker who was a little bit Technomancer?

Lunatick
Lunatick

@GoogleCat
Male dragon was running a nightclub of debauchery, and invited the party to rub his scales. The two elves in the party rubbed more than just his scales. Female dragon arrives shortly after and the main event of the club is watching them both fuck each other silly.

Playboyize
Playboyize

Can drugs exceed a person's natural maximum? Im trying to look through the crb but I can't find anything that says so or not.

JunkTop
JunkTop

@Playboyize
Drugs is considered a (temporary) augmentation, so yes.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@JunkTop
Not that guy but speaking of drugs and maximums, are there any limits related to tests against addiction ? Do you use your inherit physical and mental limits when doing those tests ?

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@Crazy_Nice
Limits are only used in Stat + Skill tests. Since addiction tests are Stat + Stat they're ignored. This is also why the Agile Defender quality is so much better than Acrobatic Defender; the latter enforces the character's physical limit on their defense test.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

@Garbage Can Lid
As somebody who played a Decker for multiple months.
Nobody really knows/there isn't a real unified way except some light limitations on icon looks, which can be ignored in certain cases and the fact that The distance between two objects in the Matrix doesn't really matter. More so in hosts.

hairygrape
hairygrape

@Carnalpleasure
Young dragons are just drakes?!

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@StrangeWizard
Not really. Deckers need a load of cash while TMs need at their least enough special attribute points and skill points to be able to reliably compile and register powerful sprites.

King_Martha
King_Martha

How do I make a Halloweener necro-mage even more festive?

likme
likme

@King_Martha
He puts drugs in candy

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

@King_Martha

Floating white pumpkins in his van/home or just by him w/ ghetto-rigged commlinks projecting persona-mimic programs of his victims. They occasionally ask him why he killed them

In his spare time he gives charitable contributions to the local ghoul nests, namely body parts and Christmas-themed clothing

Booteefool
Booteefool

@King_Martha
Give him a t-shirt cannon

hairygrape
hairygrape

Hey /srg/, can I get some easy to make prop suggestions ? I'm trying to make my sessions more immersive and up to this point I:

use a big screen to display information during briefing, various AR motives etc
send copies of the briefing files to the players' phones
I asked them to bring some ASG guns to the session, especially if they match what their characters are using

I'm also trying to decide between flour and powdered sugar for cocaine - I will fill up some small plastic bags and cross tape them with some black tape.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

First time playing 5e
Idk if my GM reads these threads, but first time here. Playing a technomancer in a 600 karma street-scum game and I'm looking for a bit of advice on chargen. I'm not necessarily trying to min max, but with what feels like so little karma, where is it best spent?

For instance, are skills or attributes harder than one or the other to raise after char gen? What about resonance?

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

@Ignoramus
Attributes need karma to raise post-chargen, skills need karma and in-game time. You can submerge (TM equivalent of magic initiation), and each grade of submersion raises your max Resonance by 1. You'll still need to have karma to buy the attribute increase though.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@hairygrape
What kinda Drake are you talking about?

RumChicken
RumChicken

@Poker_Star
I believe he is talking DnD drakes as opposed to SR drakes.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@RumChicken
I sure hope so, otherwise he's gonna feel might confused trying to piece two and two together.

Lunatick
Lunatick

Any tips on picking up a nerdy elf girl that I like ? An no, I'm not an elf myself.

takes2long
takes2long

@Lunatick
Forgot her pic.

Supergrass
Supergrass

@takes2long
Ask if her freaky deformed ears pick up UHF frequencies, you might be able to bond over ham radio.

Techpill
Techpill

@Lunatick
So in a recent run two of my players ended up outside a paramilitary compound in the GeMiTo wilderness, and had nothing to do for several hours other than scouting. They start talking about chicks and it doesn't take long for the troll to ask the elf if it's true that their ears are an extremely erogenous zone.

I'd say that's a good conversation starter.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

@Lunatick
@takes2long
Romancing an Elf

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@TurtleCat
might as well not romance anyone, it's very possible for even a troll to look human.

Lunatick
Lunatick

@Lunatick
@takes2long
What the fuck, that's my daughter! Who do you think you are putting pictures of my daughter onto an unsecured Peruvian hatknitter forum?! Thats it, we are moving to the Tir.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

@Lunatick
Just because he hasn't romanced her yet doesn't mean he hasn't put his goblinoid baby batter in her.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@Burnblaze
I wonder just how many trogs have died for putting their tusks in the wrong meat.

Soft_member
Soft_member

@Boy_vs_Girl
too many to count

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@Burnblaze
That seems like it would come after the initial romancing

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@TurtleCat
Jackpoint now run by Fasterjack Fastjacks' AI ghost.

also I like the jackpointers. They did kill my favorite hit man for higher though. RIP Riser you were t-too good for this world

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@Boy_vs_Girl
not enough

Lunatick
Lunatick

@Gigastrength
You seem to be under the assumption that a Tinder equivalent doesn't exist in the 2070s. Pork first ask questions later.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@Soft_member
What is that from . obviously tg but who are those 2?

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

@kizzmybutt
Bastion and Morrigan. Some chummer who played one of the two characters (I think, or he was the GM) in third edition and made some art of them. He was posting a few weeks ago after someone put up one of his old pics.

Methnerd
Methnerd

@Lunatick
nah, that obviously exists, I was under the impression his character was pining after the elf from afar and hadn't done anything yet

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

what magician tradition would you guys think best fits a psychotic pagan death cult? Obviously not all of the members would be awakened

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@Raving_Cute
also something like a mentor spirit, if a group can have one.

5mileys
5mileys

@hairygrape
Keycards, AROs (made from painted shapes cut from thin clear plastic), ID badges. QR codes that the player scans to read things you post online irl.

idontknow
idontknow

@Raving_Cute
Create one

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@idontknow
thought that would be the best path, thought I'd get your input first

SniperWish
SniperWish

@LuckyDusty
black magic works too that dabbles with blood magic

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

oh no, I just realized that with the guy playing the face becoming the GM we no longer have a negotiator. This is going to become even more interesting (Chaos Drake guy)

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

@StrangeWizard
we no longer have a negotiator
party with a meme member has become a meme party

I-I'm n-not ready.

Emberfire
Emberfire

Wired 1 or Cram?

Methnerd
Methnerd

@Deadlyinx
No one ever is...

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

post char concepts you want to play

halloweener drone rigger <technomancer>
uses modified roto drones that look like Jacko lanterns that blast the screams of of his previous victims through loud speakers and over the sound of grenades and LMG. If possible they are piloted by sprites.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

@Sir_Gallonhead
Loli face who uses body/face sculpt to appear a dwarf. Possibly mystic adept so that she can summon spirits to be useful in combat.

RumChicken
RumChicken

@Evil_kitten
reminds me slightly of a character I made the other day, character concept was a sadistic psychic girl that manipulates people into fighting for her pleasure. So I made an elf with neoteny and made her a black magic tradition manipulation mage who had (either level) solid rep with the black lodge. iirc I named her The Anti-christ, don't quite remember why though

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

@RumChicken
I wouldn't make her evil. I played a loli infiltrator once, and she had body sculpting. However since she had lacking social skills despite a reasonably high cha, she couldn't ever take full advantage of sculpting powers. Well, she was paranoid as fuck and had the faceless and erased qualities so they weren't completely useless. Still, I really liked the concept so building a character completely around it should be fun.

Firespawn
Firespawn

the johnson buzzes suspiciously, and the job he gives you is to steal a shipment of maple syrup
The pay is good, though

How would you feel about this job?

Spamalot
Spamalot

@Firespawn
I have nothing against working for Canadians as long as they pay well.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

@Firespawn
Real Maple syrup? That'd be pretty high profile, I'd have second thoughts about being able to pull it off.

I mean, they harvest that from trees that grow wild. Not orchards omae. You know how few maple trees are left alive and aren't being watched over by Awakened critters?

Flameblow
Flameblow

@Evil_kitten
Look, he'zz dezzzperate for that zzzyrup. He'll probably be eazy to make pay out a load.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

@Sir_Gallonhead
I just wanna play..... ;_;

Lunatick
Lunatick

Trying to write a plot hook about cracking a black box. What would be the most interesting corp for it to belong to/what should it contain?

Setting is Hong Kong if that helps. I don't really wanna do Wuxing since they're more magic and shipping centered.

Spamalot
Spamalot

@Lunatick
Fuck, forgot a line. *Even though they're super prominent in HK.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page