Trove:
https://rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons%20%26%20Dragons/D%26D%205th%20Edition/

5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

Resources Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previous Thread
/tg/thread/55824679#p55824679

Tomorrow I'm starting my new campaign. Are you happy for me, /5eg/? Do you actually play, or do you just shitpost here?

All urls found in this thread:
https://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA_FiendishOptions.pdf
https://rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons%20%26%20Dragons/D%26D%205th%20Edition/
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?538519-Viking-campaign-pitch-feedback-and-advice-needed
http://donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/random/#type=ship
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuZYqwz_-2M
http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/BkTkbMc3W
https://www.behindthename.com/names/meaning/bright,light,shining,radiant,white
http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Eygon+of+Carim
http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Sir+Vilhelm
http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/B1d7UaU5W
Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@CodeBuns
why would we be happy for you all Veeky Forums feels is unending rage

King_Martha
King_Martha

@CodeBuns
I play once a month with my childhood friends

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

KOBOLD DRAGON FIGHTING PARTY

Methnerd
Methnerd

@CodeBuns
What's the most fun class to play in your opinion?
I'm about to join a Viking themed campaign. We've got a warlock, a ranger, and 3 undecideds

Emberburn
Emberburn

@CodeBuns
Do you actually play, or do you just shitpost here?
I WOULD PLAY IF MY GROUP WOULD STOP FUCKING CANCELLING ALL THE FUCKING TIME!

WebTool
WebTool

@CodeBuns
I'm in two weekly games currently. Hope you have a lot of fun OP. I know I am.

RumChicken
RumChicken

@Methnerd
That's funny, because I'm about to run a viking campaign. What's the premise of yours?

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

So the ring of mind shielding can house your soul if you die while wielding it. It then lets you to telepathically communicate with anyone who puts it on afterwards.
Mystics can use their most dangerous control abilities if they can telepathically communicate with their target. RAW you don't need to be "alive" to use your abilities, most of them just require a body.

whereismyname
whereismyname

How do you feel about text-only games?

Nojokur
Nojokur

@RumChicken
No clue, definitely mythologically inspired. Probably ragnarok. Our DM is super into Norse mythology from the myths and legends podcast.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@CodeBuns
Tomorrow I'm starting my new campaign.
Have fun
Are you happy for me, /5eg/?
Sure senpai
I fell down the permaDM hole, and hot damn I'm happy I have good players

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

@Methnerd
What's the most fun class to play in your opinion?
Tempest Cleric is great fun and fits the viking theme

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@CodeBuns

I am happy for you, user. What's the campaign about?

I also got invited to join a game just recently, which is nice. I haven't had a group in a while.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@Boy_vs_Girl
That's not true, at least not all of it. Don't forget misery, self-loathing, misogyny, schadenfreude and plethora of other emotions in similar vein.

@Methnerd
I like rogues most, but that's probably not exactly fit for viking campaign. Go Tempest cleric!

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

I'm considering allowing the musket and pistol from the DMG into my next setting. Should any classes have proficiency by default?

What should a fire arm expert feat have besides proficiency? I was thinking the ability to craft ammo for cheaper, an expanded crit range or extra crit damage and the ability to switch between pistols quickly so if you have multiple loaded pistols you can get a large volley off once per encounter.

thoughts?

hairygrape
hairygrape

@Boy_vs_Girl
I've posted a detailed premise here once.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?538519-Viking-campaign-pitch-feedback-and-advice-needed

Emberburn
Emberburn

Folks, I want to do a 5e version of the Monkey Goblin race from PF; how overpowered does this first draft look?
Monkey Goblin
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Dexterity, +1 Constitution
Size: Small
Speed: 25 feet, Climb 30 feet
Vision: Darkvision 60 feet
Treetop Dweller: You have a Climb speed of 30 feet, and Advantage on Athletics checks related to climbing.
Fearless: You have Advantage on saving throws against the Frightened condition.
Prehensile Tail: You have a tail which grants you Proficiency in Acrobatics. It can also hold items like a third hand, but it isn't strong or dexterous enough to wield a weapon.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

@BinaryMan
Possess unwary adventurers, make them bring you back from the grave. Keep reusing Psychic Inquisition's Phantom Idea to make them think they NEED to help you.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

what your thoughts on female tiefling tail going down their butt and wrapping around their thigh.
Tail thigh ring.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Are there any suggestions on mechanical differences to the different weapon types that affect how or why a player might go with that weapon? IE slashing allows for this, or bludgeoning weapons might let a player do that.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@New_Cliche
Sounds hot

takes2long
takes2long

@kizzmybutt
I'd figure rangers and fighters would ha e proficiency in them at least

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

Long story, anons, but I have a campaign setting I'm putting together where unusual halfbreed races are going to be pretty involved. Can I get some feedback on my crunch-brewing efforts, please?

...Except I'm not sure if it's more polite to post them here or to post the g-doc where they're at.

Emberfire
Emberfire

@Emberburn
Same. Half my group is busy tonight.
Maybe I'll try and reschedule for tomorrow. The session is going to feature a crazy knife-murderer hunting the party cleric down, so I guess it would make sense to run it on Friday the 13th...

Flameblow
Flameblow

@CodeBuns
I have two games running, dming one of them and playing a stone Sorcerer with some newbies for the 2nd. Other dm and I alternate every week so we both have more time to prepare.

SniperGod
SniperGod

Anyone have the One Grung Above pdf?
I really want to play a reincarnated/polymorphed Grung Paladin.

TechHater
TechHater

@Emberburn
Sounds totally fine to me.

@Stark_Naked
Not really, but some monsters are resistant or weak to certain damage types. For example, skeletons are weak to bludgeoning damage and few oozes are immune to slashing.

eGremlin
eGremlin

What's so cool about stone sorcs? If you want 13+abilitymod AC just play a lizardman.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@Emberburn
This is basically how i'm doing it.

@takes2long
I was thinking the same thing, or perhaps giving it as a dwarf racial ability, because they're the race that invented guns in the setting.

Illusionz
Illusionz

I'm in curse of strahd and I know it's not very strong but I would like to take Servo crafting with my kobold artificer just for the flavor. What do you think? That's from plain shift kaladesh and it gives you a Servo familiar from the find familiar spell.

MPmaster
MPmaster

@SniperGod
Or a Grung Tempest Cleric.

King_Martha
King_Martha

@PurpleCharger
Well if they invented them I'd figure they would be given proficiency

takes2long
takes2long

@eGremlin
It's the closest to a "true" gish most gishfags will get in 5e without multiclassing.

Inmate
Inmate

@eGremlin
They're fun

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@Methnerd
I mean, you need a barbarian, don't you? Berserkers are a big meme in Norse mythos.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@SniperGod
@MPmaster
I'd rather play as a bullywug.

Methnerd
Methnerd

@kizzmybutt
If muskets and pistols are commonplace, i'd let them be Martial weapons.

If they are rare and exotic, paying feat for proficiency is in order.

WebTool
WebTool

@eGremlin
They are actually a really solid Sorc subclass. And since sorc doesn't really get much from it's base class worth talking about, it really relies on its subclasses.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

@Methnerd
So far I've enjoyed playing classes that are the tanky backbone of the party that everyone else can build around, your fighter and paladin types. Currently im trying barb for the first time and am loving how much damage you can take and shit out without even trying.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

@Sharpcharm
Heck with it, I'll just try posting.

Tel-Amhothlan - Half-Orc/Half-Elf
Ability Score Modifiers: +1 Dexterity, +1 Strength
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet
Relentless Endurance: When you are reduced to 0 hit points, but not killed outright, you can instead choose to be reduced to 1 hit point instead. After using this trait, you cannot use it again until you complete a long rest.
Fey Ancestry: You have Advantage on saving throws against being Charmed and are Immune to Magical Sleep effects.
Keen Senses: You have Proficiency in the Perception skill.
Muddied Heritage: Tel-Amhothlans are chaotic breed and can favor either orcish or elvish aspects of their lineage. Choose the Orcish Brutality, Elvish Grace or Fae Magic subrace options.

Orcish Brutality:
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Constitution
Savage Attacks: When you score a critical hit with a melee weapon attack, you increase the damage inflicted by +1 dice.
Powerful Build: You are treated as being one size category larger to determine your capacity to Push, Pull, Drag, Lift and Carry.

Elvish Grace:
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Dexterity
Fleet-Footed: Your base walking speed increases to 35 feet.
Natural Athlete: You have Proficiency in the Athletics skill.

Fae Magic:
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Charisma
Mystic Talent: You can cast one Wizard cantrip of your choice. Charisma is your casting ability score when casting the cantrips provided by this trait. At the DM's permission, at character creation, you can trade this racial feature for Drow Magic (PHB pg24); this choice cannot be undone later.

JunkTop
JunkTop

@lostmypassword
I'm going tempest cleric, I love the idea of basically being a human thunder grenade

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@ZeroReborn
Generic fluff, for those who give a damn:

The union of elf and orc is an oddity indeed, but when it happens, the resultant hybrids are weirdly graceful and well-formed, compared to their more common half-human kin. The mixing of elven and orcish blood is somewhat unstable, leading to great diversity in what traits are manifested by each individual hybrid. Surprisingly, the most common of tel-amhothlan origins stems from the Underdark, where drow men have been known to mingle with orc slave women, rather than risk their lives in the beds of their own females.

happy_sad
happy_sad

@Sharpcharm
Dworg - Half-Orc/Half-Dwarf
Hated and reviled by all but the most open-minded of dwarven clans, on most worlds, dworgs come into existence in only two ways; when a dwarf woman is assaulted by an orc and survives, or when a dwarf falls so far into evil that he -or she- will willingly consort with orcs. Though some accounts also exist of duergar deliberately breeding halfbreed offspring with orc slaves to use as superior, though still expendable, warrior-slaves.

Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Constitution, +2 Strength
Relentless Endurance: When you are reduced to 0 hit points, but not killed outright, you can instead choose to be reduced to 1 hit point instead. After using this trait, you cannot use it again until you complete a long rest.
Martial Heritage: You have Proficiency with the Handaxe, Batleaxe and Greataxe.
Sturdy Frame: Your movement speed is not reduced by wearing heavy armor.
Savage Attacks: When you score a critical hit with a melee weapon attack, you increase the damage inflicted by +1 dice.

w8t4u
w8t4u

Asking again from the last thread. I'm about to hit level 3 on my bard and I'm considering going valor, what spells should I have to be the most efficient to the party? Also, Should I take Resilience Wis or Con, or war caster?

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@Methnerd
Reintroducing "exotic weapons" seems like a bad idea. What they should be is martial weapons, but if you are unfamiliar then you need to take time to train in them.

The logic here is that being proficient in martial weapons represents a general level of competence, rather than one on one training with every weapon on the list.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

@w8t4u
Resilience (con) is better than Warcaster in my opinion.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@Sharpcharm
Dwelf
Dwelves, also known as Alfar, are the fruit of rare unions between elves and dwarves. Resembling elves with the stature and something of the proportions of dwarves, these deceptively frail-looking creatures possess far greater strength than is apparent, alongside keen minds, driven attitudes and some of the strengths of both their ancestors.

Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Strength
Blood of the Elder Races: You have Resistance to Poison and Advantage on saving throws against the Charmed and Poisoned effects. For special effects keying off of race, you are treated as both an elf and a dwarf.
Gifts of Creation and Destruction: You have Proficiency in your choice of two of the following: a martial weapon, a set of Artisan's Tools, a musical instrument, the Arcana skill, the Nature skill, or the Medicine skill.
Right of Blood: You belong to a subrace which determines the remainder of your abilities. Choose the Born to Stone, Born to the Wild, Born to Magic or Born to Darkness subrace.

Bidwell
Bidwell

@eGremlin
@WebTool
@Inmate
What race tho? Clearly you need a shield or you're still sorta squishy, so choose STR or DEX. You want CON of course, and a little bit of CHA, but not necessary 16. I think ideal would be 16 in attack stat and 14 in CON and CHA.

No point going for a dwarf, since you can't wear armor and already get weapon proficiencies. Maybe go mountain dwarf for the stats if you want to use a STR weapon. Half-orc and goliath aren't terrible either. Dragonborn perhaps, but they're kinda gay. Scourge aasimar might actually be awesome.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

@Garbage Can Lid
Born to Stone - These dwelves are particularly dominated by their dwarven ancestry, making them hardier and more adept at surviving in the underground environments of their kin.
Ability Score Increase: +1 Constitution
Heed the Earth: You may add double your Proficiency bonus to History checks relating to the origin of stonework, and can cast the Mold Earth cantrip.

Born to the Wild - These dwelves possess wild elf ancestry, which grants heightened grace and awareness when it is the dominant aspect of their blood.
Ability Score Increase: +1 Constitution
Keen Senses: You have Proficiency in Perception.

Born to Magic - When a dwelf possesses high elf ancestry that comes to dominate its racial mixture, it is possessed of an even sharper mind and inherent mystical abilities.
Ability Score Increase: +1 Intelligence
Arcane Birthright: You know 1 cantrip of your choice from the Wizard spell list, which uses Intelligence as its spellcasting ability score.

Born to Darkness - Only born of the union of drow and duergar, these "dark dwelves" possess magical talents unlike either of their progenitors.
Ability Score Increase: + 1 Charisma
Superior Darkvision: Your darkvision increases to 120 feet.
Sunlight Sensitivity: You suffer Disadvantage on attack rolls and on sight-based Perception checks made whilst you or the object of your attention is in direct sunlight.
Gloaming Hexes: You can cast the Eldritch Blast cantrip. At 3rd level, you can cast Unseen Servant once per long rest. At 5th level, you can cast Spider Climb on yourself once per long rest. Spells cast with this trait use Charisma as their spellcasting ability score. However, you cannot use spells granted by this trait if you are in direct sunlight.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@kizzmybutt
Ranger is obvious choice
if dwarves made them then give them bonus for fighters too

also id suggest trying to make them not just bows with a different ammo type

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

@Sharpcharm
Mul
Though many dwarven clans are uncertain of the prospect of intermarrying with humans, such unions can bear fruit. Sadly, most of the mulzhennedar are born into slavery, the result of long-lived tyrants forcing humans and dwarves together to breed a heartier, more valuable slave-stock.
Ability Score Modifier: +2 Constitution, +1 Strength
Vision: Normal
Tireless: A mul ignores the first level of Exhaustion it suffers, and regains two levels of Exhaustion when it completes a long rest.
Limitless Endurance: A mul increases its hit point maximum by 1 point and further increases it by +1 point each time it gains a level.
Dwarven Vitality: A mul has Advantage on saving throws against Poison and Resistance to Poison damage.

FastChef
FastChef

What's the best IP conversion to 5e, or best 5e based spinoff you've seen (similar to pathfinder vs 3.5)?

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@Sharpcharm
Half-Gnome
With their inquisitive and friendly natures, it should be no surprise that trysts between humans and gnomes aren't unheard of. When such unions bear fruit, it's often quite a surprise to the gnomish parent, but most gnomes will welcome their halfbreed offspring, giving half-gnomes a surprisingly hospitable upbringing. Gnomish ingenuity and human adaptability proves quite the effective combination, as it turns out.

Ability Score Modifiers: +1 Intelligence, +1 Dexterity, +1 to one ability score of your choice
Size: Small
Movement: 30 feet
Humanoid Build: You are treated as being a Medium creature to determine your capacity to lift, push, pull, drag and carry loads.
Works the Angles: You can use an Intelligence check to determine your Initiative, instead of using a Dexterity check.
Jack of All Trades: When you are called upon to make a skill check you do not have Proficiency in, you can grant yourself Advantage on that check. After you use this trait, you must complete a long rest before you use it again.

StonedTime
StonedTime

What kind of properties would an adamantine golem have?
Immunity to critical hits is a given but what else?

JunkTop
JunkTop

@CouchChiller
Yeah, I think Rangers are going to have to have it, but how would you suggest making them not just crossbows?

Supergrass
Supergrass

@eGremlin
It's all of the 4e Swordmage archetypes rolled into one. You can literally hang back and teleport strike everywhere like Noctis. Even if you never use any of the melee capabilities it has one of the easiest and strongest spell damage mods.

Booteefool
Booteefool

@StonedTime
but what else?
mundane weapons

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

@FastChef
Adventures in Middle-earth

farquit
farquit

I want to include a villain similar to The Beast from Over the Garden Wall. Some sort of creature that stalks the woods or swamps that feeds off of wayward souls and tries to strike bargains that will lead to his nefarious ends. Is there any creature that's super appropriate? I was thinking Oni but I'm not sure it's a good fit.

askme
askme

@kizzmybutt
Should any classes have proficiency by default?
I'd call them simple weapons. A musket isn't any harder to operate than a crossbow.

I was thinking the ability to craft ammo for cheaper
That should be a tool proficiency.

an expanded crit range or extra crit damage
I wouldn't, they already have sharpshooter.

the ability to switch between pistols quickly so if you have multiple loaded pistols you can get a large volley off once per encounter.
That doesn't really seem like a feat, more like a class feature.

Remember, going by RAW there is no way to remove the loading property for such weapons, so they are not going to be useful for characters with the extra attack class feature. You could give them a !xbow xpert but then you've just made crossbows and bows obsolete. By injecting them as they are they are useful to weapon-using classes like rogues who do not have extra attacks without forcing fighters to use them as well.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@farquit
a hag (male)

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

@Sir_Gallonhead
@lostmypassword
Goin tempest cleric, thanks for the input!

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

@JunkTop
higher armor penetration maybe?
maybe apply some sort of crowd control on enemy?
or have them have higher range
or higher accurracy

id pick one or two of these

Soft_member
Soft_member

@farquit
a corrupted ent maybe?

like a large walking swamp tree

you could tie its origins to some other storyline that way

Inmate
Inmate

/tg/thread/55824679#p55832895
I'm packing a longsword (+shield), whip, and heavy crossbow. Is that enough?

@CodeBuns
Good luck in your adventures OP, may riveting tales and heroic deeds come from them!

Flameblow
Flameblow

What's the best Barbarian archetype?

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@Flameblow
Totem Warrior. Bear totem gives resistance to everything but psychic damage while raging.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@Flameblow
bear. beserker seems real redundant since your gonna gun for gwm usually anyway.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@Inmate
If your Dex isn't great, go with handaxes or javelins instead of the crossbow. Maybe pick up a bludgeoning option, warhammer or flail or something.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@Flameblow
Totem warrior, take bear totem, grab a shield, take shield master feat become fucking invincible.

Illusionz
Illusionz

Why does everyone hate on homebrew stuff when a large portion of Official content and lore is just canonised homebrew from older generations?

farquit
farquit

@Illusionz
For the same reason many UAs get hate: redundancy and shitty balance.

massdebater
massdebater

@Illusionz
because most homebrewers have no fucking idea what they are doing, there was one a day or two ago where they had a homebrew class that, at level ONE, could do 5d10 damage.

iluvmen
iluvmen

@Illusionz
@farquit
Also magical realms

SniperWish
SniperWish

@Illusionz
Because most hombrew is trash and the creators of the homebrew either don't try to balance it vs existing options or don't actually want to.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

@Poker_Star
The heavy crossbow has some sentimental value as a trophy of battle from very early on, but the dex is only 12. I'll have to mull this over.

Flails are cooler than warhammers, gonna roll with that if I get a chance to go shopping soon.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@SniperWish
don't actually want to.
ESPECIALLY this. Anytime you try to tell them something needs to be toned down they get all fucking defensive and make excuse after excuse on why it's "fine"

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

For a dex character, where the hell is the incentive NOT to dual wield shortswords? Why would anyobe forfeit an extra attack per turn to keep their hand free when they could easily just drop a weapon if they needed to?

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

I'm going to be playing dnd for the first time this weekend and, together with my dm, i've picked a half elf red dragon sorcerer. While filling up my sheet i noticed that my starting equipment offers the choice of an arcane focus or a component pouch, which basically do the same thing. Can i just have the focus be a pair of bracers so i can still shoot fire while making pretend pistols with my hands? I'm assuming the focus has to be on my arms so a necklace with a crystal won't work.
I'm also worried that if i try to secretly cast something in a social setting to help us it'll look really obvious if i'm waving a wand around. Instead if i was using bracers i could just distract a potential enemy with a minor illusion by wiggling my fingers behind my back, giving us an opening for a surprise attack.

5mileys
5mileys

How do you feel about custom backgrounds for PCs?

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

@5mileys
It's mostly what my players do, then again they also aren't trying to min max and only get all the best options so there's that.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@Harmless_Venom
rapier and shield? You have better things to do with your bonus action?

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@5mileys
As long as it is clear that there is no severe mechanical fuckery beyond knowing a few skills/proficiencies. Keep it to the levels of the options in the book is it's fine.

In general I find that players have stories in mind that they don't exactly fit neatly into one particular story.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

@Evil_kitten
You can find Arcane Focus on page 151 of your Player's Handbook.

@5mileys
Go ham.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

@5mileys
you might as well allow them, as you wont be stopping anything by not allowing them. You can always just take a standard background that grants proficiency in what you already have so you can grab two skills of your choice.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

@TechHater
@PurpleCharger
So, you guys don't think it's overpowered? Awesome; I was kind of worried with the two Advantages and the Proficiency and the Prehensile Tail thing.

@ZeroReborn
@happy_sad
@Garbage Can Lid
@PackManBrainlure
@Dreamworx
Anybody got any comment on these? I really want to make sure they're balanced enough I can't just have somebody rock up at the first level and basically go "I win the game".

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@Fried_Sushi
@Boy_vs_Girl
What are the thoughts on the Storm Herald or Zealot Barbarian?

@Gigastrength
Why Shield master over GWM?

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@iluvmen
Some peoples favorite settings are literally sold old ass dudes magical realm.

happy_sad
happy_sad

Hey /5eg/.

My friend is starting a new campaign, and he's went for a sorta weird choice. We're starting at level 7, because he said his last 2 campaigns ended at 6 and he never got to use any fun high level shit.

Give me some fun ideas. Obviously starting at such a level opens up a ton of weird builds that would usually take too long to come online in a regular game.

cum2soon
cum2soon

@Methnerd
Unironically, Pact of the Chain warlock. There are a lot of roleplaying opportunities, and the nature of the class is built around having a lot of abilities that you can always use.

While the fighter will struggle to stay relevant once you're out of combat, and the wizard will struggle to stay relevant once he's out of spell slots, you can always find something relevant for your little imp buddy to do.

Bidwell
Bidwell

@Nude_Bikergirl
not those anons but Storm Herald is my favorite Barb thus far, I like that it grants you something thats atypical for barb: Area damage

massdebater
massdebater

Can you effectively transition from SKT to RoT?

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

@Nude_Bikergirl
Why Shield master over GWM?
Barbarians don't tend to use their bonus actions a ton outside of turning rage on/off. so having the option to throw a dude into the dirt before wailing on him is pretty nice.

Supergrass
Supergrass

@Nude_Bikergirl
Because I'm not worried about how big of numbers I put out in damage, use bonus action to shove for free advantage without having to go reckless (then if it fails go reckless if I want that advantage), also warhammers.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

@Stupidasole
heavy crossbow has some sentimental value
far be it from me to tell somebody to disregard mechanics for the sake of fluff, but if nothing else, it's gonna frustrate you at higher levels when you have to take another feat to make ranged use of your Extra Attacks, as opposed to volleying javelins at your victims.

Flails are cooler than warhammers
Fuck yeah they are.

5mileys
5mileys

@happy_sad
Oath of ancients paladin. Deny your dm of having any fun tossing high level spells at you or your friends.

hairygrape
hairygrape

@Nude_Bikergirl
@Supergrass
Also forgot when passing a Dex save can choose to take no damage, which I have advantage on.

Techpill
Techpill

@AwesomeTucker
So it's strictly one of those 5, i guess a rod wouldn't be so bad. Can i do sneaky stuff like holding the tip while the rest is hidden up my sleeve and still cast spells?

Evilember
Evilember

After a drunken night in the tavern, the barmaid accuses your paladin of sexual assault and rape. The paladin admits he drank a little, but recalls nothing. It's her word against nobody elses.

How does your party handle this, and how does the setting handle this?

eGremlin
eGremlin

@Harmless_Venom
Every Dex character, except Rogues and Bladesingers, can use a shield and gets extra attacks. 2-3 attacks with a Rapier are comparable to 2-3 and a half attacks with Short Swords and then it's a wash when +2 AC is a factor. You MIGHT make a case for an extra 1d6 from Hunter's Mark.

For Bladesinger, dual short swords necessitate Warcaster and they occasionally use their bonus action to activate Bladesong and Misty Step.

For Rogues, they can't use offhand attacks when using SCAG cantrips, and they need their bonus action to disengage unless they are Swashbucklers. Most Rogues are better off at range than trying to risk melee, and that makes Xbow Mastery far superior to dual wielding.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@Techpill
strictly one of those 5
or some similar item

If you want to be super extra sneaky you're going to have to use your subtle spell metamagic.
Can i do sneaky stuff like holding the tip while the rest is hidden up my sleeve and still cast spells?
Your character can certainly try.

Nojokur
Nojokur

@Evilember
checked

Zone of Truth, bud. If the barmaid can dodge/negate that, you've got bigger problems than alleged sexual assault.

Illusionz
Illusionz

@Evilember
Zone of Truth

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@Nojokur
@Illusionz
Now the problem is how do you prove that your zone of truth is legitimate?

Techpill
Techpill

@eGremlin
Don't shoves key off of your athletics skill? I mean nothing's stopping you from taking pot shots all day but wouldn't a strength build be all the better for it?

Snarelure
Snarelure

@Nojokur
@Illusionz
The town's sexual assault tribunal allows you to use a zone of truth, but insists that only they be allowed to ask questions, to protect the victim. Through their questioning they determine that the paladin and the barmaid both had sexual relations with each other last night while the barmaid was inebriated, preventing her from consenting. Since she regrets it now, they determine that it was rape, and request the paladin report before them for sentencing at dawn.

SniperGod
SniperGod

@Crazy_Nice
It's fucking zone of truth, get a local clergy man to vouch that it is in fact the spell you're casting or have them cast it if possible to remove any doubt. It takes verbal and I forget what the S is supposed to be off the top of my head but it'd be consistent to cast the spell.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@Crazy_Nice
Ask the barmaid "are you under the effect of any magic that prevents you from lying?" as the first question. Unless they somehow resisted, their answer would be yes, and that verifies it.

Nojokur
Nojokur

@Snarelure
File a claim of rape since I was inebriated as well and now regret it.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Thoughts on this.... House rule?

At the beginning of your turn in combat, you declare an offensive or defensive stance.
While offensive, you add your proficiency bonus to your attack rolls.
While defensive, you can add your proficiency bonus to your AC instead of your DEX mod.

Not really sure if I want to make it a Base rule, an available option for martials or those proficient with martial weapons and up, or what. Just an idea I had while shitting.

farquit
farquit

@Raving_Cute
What is the purpose of the rule?

My first thought was that it seemed like extra upkeep for no obvious gain.

iluvmen
iluvmen

@Raving_Cute
Yu-Gi-Oh please go

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@eGremlin
@Techpill
Oh wait I thought you said using a shield gets you extra attacks. Nevermind I'm dumb.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

@Raving_Cute
The Dodge action is already in the system, and for most martials switching out proficiency for Dex mod will do nothing; either they have low dex, so they'll be in heavy armour, or they have higher dex than their proficiency mod for most the game.

SniperGod
SniperGod

@Raving_Cute
Dex characters would never go to defensive stance, and defensive stance is useless for heavy armor characters as they don't add dex to AC

This would be simply be a buff for casters

DeathDog
DeathDog

@Nojokur
The town's sexual assault tribunal takes your claim under advisement, and holds a similar proceeding for the barmaid, where you are subject to the same questions. They determine the barmaid was a rapist as well.

At dawn, they sentence both of you to exile from the town. The barmaid now requests that she be allowed to join your party.

Illusionz
Illusionz

@DeathDog
what class are barmaids?

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@CodeBuns
DM for the first time
good phone is busted so i don't have access to the PDFs
forgot some basic rules

level 1 20 cha bard uses vicious mockery
ask him what it does
you gotta do a save of uh... 17? it does my charisma + 1d4
mfw
roll with it because all the encounters are just low cr mooks that don't even give experience since we're just gonna level up at the end of the session anyways
only point out that he was wrong once i came back and checked out the bard, the spell, and the basic fucking spellcasting rules
oh shit my bad

goddamn i expected to do badly but not stopping a guaranteed 6 damage per turn at level 1 is not something i thought capable of fucking up

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@Evilember
Trial by ordeal. If it doesn't go in the paladin's favor, rescue him and fight your way out or, if the party is unusually pious, let the villagers punish him as they see fit.

King_Martha
King_Martha

@Illusionz
level 0 commoner. She's willing to train in any class that your party can teach her.

StonedTime
StonedTime

@DeathDog
asking to spend more time with the man who raped her

Also, /qst/

DeathDog
DeathDog

@DeathDog
The barmaid now requests that she be allowed to join your party.
Why would she want to travel with the dude she just accused of rape?

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@Evilember
Zone of truth.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

@DeathDog
@StonedTime
When asked, she says that she was only trying to protect her virtue after a mistake. She doesn't actually dislike the paladin, and she hates being alone more.

And I'll shut up, you're right, this is getting /qst/ like for what was supposed to just be a couple shitposts about the state of sexual assault accusations in america's colleges

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@DeathDog
Despite my annoyance at the situation I can not leave a defense less person to wander alone. Accept and offer one of two options, to get them to the next town or to take them under my wing to train them as a paladin.

Evilember
Evilember

Hey /5eg/, how do you guys feel about players blatantly ripping off pop culture characters for their own characters?

JunkTop
JunkTop

@Evilember
Meh if none of my other players care I let it ride

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

@Evilember
Who cares? As long as it doesn't detract from fun.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

@Evilember
If they lack creativity, any result is going to be as shit as another

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

@Evilember
Depends on the player, character and setting.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@Evilember
This game was founded on ripping off pop culture. Most classes are made to enable certain pop culture archetypes.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

@SomethingNew
Welcome to DnD where magic solves a lot of shit if applied correctly

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@Evilember
as long as they're good characters, why get mad?

Pic unrelated.

viagrandad
viagrandad

@DeathDog
Internalized Misogyny

askme
askme

@Evilember
Almost every single PC I've been with has been a pop culture reference to some extent

Also @Fried_Sushi

Flameblow
Flameblow

@Inmate
no bludgeoning weapon
only piercing source is ranged
ostensibly Str-based but no throwing option
The good news is that fixing yourself will be pretty cheap.
Get a hunting trap and chain while you're at it.

Nojokur
Nojokur

What's a reasonable way to dial back casters or give tools to martials to close the divide?

Bring back arcane failure chance? Casting time?
Minions? Heroic actions?

King_Martha
King_Martha

@Nojokur
Play at lower levels, no really. Casters only really get dumb when you give them ten trillion spells.

askme
askme

@Nojokur
Take away a school from specialist wizards, give non-casters an extra tool proficiency.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@Evilember
The townsfolk immediately assume the forthright and heroic Paladin is telling the truth while the loose floozy is yet again trying to besmirch the good name of righteous travellers.

Methnerd
Methnerd

@Boy_vs_Girl
Rose McGowan
K I K E D

Flameblow
Flameblow

@SomethingNew
Execute her for the crimes of lying, heresy, blasphemy, disrespecting a man of God, and making me upset.

RumChicken
RumChicken

@lostmypassword
Well, I suppose if she makes a habit of it...

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@Nojokur
Make having high stats/skills allow more powerful feats. Let a 20 Strength character pluck up a tree from out of the ground. Let a 20 Athletics character jump 10 feet for every point in Athletics.

Give every martial class tools that can do lots of things.

FastChef
FastChef

I saw that you guys have mentioned that the PHB and other manuals bought of of Amazon are crappy; where's a good place to buy these resources inexpensive without worrying about quality?

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@Nojokur
In an ideal system, casting magic would come at the cost of your ability to interact mundanely. An example from another system that gets caster/martial balance right: Learning the Force makes it so you can't learn how to hack a computer, or repair a droid, because both take time.

With that in mind, you can let martials gain extra skill proficiencies.

happy_sad
happy_sad

@Evilember
It's her word against nobody elses.
No, it's her word against mine, and I am a well respected godly man, while she's some waitress slut whose probably fucked half the town. The town stones her to death and she dies in shame, because this is medieval europe and women have no rights.

Techpill
Techpill

@happy_sad
town mayor notices you're a Conquest Paladin
they instantly know that you did it and lock you in the stocks
your butthole is conquered nightly

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@Raving_Cute
Shadowrun makes it so mages can't get cyberware without hindering their magic ability, and casting spells physically damages them, but mages are still broken as shit there.

StonedTime
StonedTime

@FastChef
Amazon is fine. Only problems are that the first printings of the core books had shitty bindings, and sometimes shipping can wreck books (especially warping from humidity and covers being bent during shipping somehow, ime).

Lunatick
Lunatick

@happy_sad
I am a well respected godly man
Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all. I have seen their peoples garland them with flowers, and shed the blood of goats and bulls and children in their names. And I have heard the prayers, in half a hundred tongues. Cure my withered leg, make the maiden love me, grant me a healthy son. Save me, succor me, make me wealthy... protect me! Protect me from mine enemies, protect me from the darkness, protect me from the crabs inside my belly, from the horselords, from the slavers, from the sellswords at my door. Protect me from the Silence. Godless? Why, I am the godliest man ever to raise sail! You serve one god, but I have served ten thousand. From Ib to Asshai, when men see my sails, they pray.
They pray to trees and golden idols and goat-headed abominations. False gods. And for that sin I kill them all. I spill their blood upon the sea and sow their screaming women with my seed. Their little gods cannot stop me, so plainly they are false gods. I am more devout than even you!
Perhaps it should be you who kneels to me for blessing.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@FastChef
I bought my PHP on Amazon and it's totally fine

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

@Crazy_Nice
Player's Handpook

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

Party collects a random female NPC after rescuing her from some goblins
They don't give a shit about her
DM replaces her generic commoner icon with an anime girl
They all swoon over her now
Is this a bad sign

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@haveahappyday
Can we talk about how much of a failure of esoteric fantasy marketing it is that it's not called the Player's Enchiridion?

Methnerd
Methnerd

@haveahappyday
No, Player's Handpuss. It's an onahole.

Skullbone
Skullbone

If I want to play an EK, but also want to use a shield, would it be possible for me to integrate an arcane focus into my shield or use my weapon as an arcane focus, and potentially dodge the somatic components?

Flameblow
Flameblow

Is there any reason to pick a beast aspect other than bear if you're playing totem warrior? That near-full on resistance is definitely nice, but I'm wondering if any of the other animal's effects have worth.

SniperGod
SniperGod

@lostmypassword
Is she hotter now than before?

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

@lostmypassword

It's a terrible sign, user, but you should see where it goes anyway.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@CouchChiller
I really like this approach. Trying to think of a reasonable way to implement it. I guess making like an "Epic" roll once a long rest for Strength, Constitution, or Dexterity checks or something.

@Raving_Cute
I can work with this. Maybe instead of spells fizzling like arcane spell failure, maybe they lose an HD worth of life, or just an HD until next long rest.

StonedTime
StonedTime

Give me the most F U N build possible

DeathDog
DeathDog

thoughts on glamour bard? need something for an upcoming campaign. that shit looks strong AF but hard to not just play a stereotypical bard with.

JunkTop
JunkTop

@Skullbone
No by RAW, but most DMs couldn't give less of a fuck.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

@StonedTime
any kind of martial
Tavern Brawler
Enjoy.

massdebater
massdebater

@StonedTime
Tiefling Monk

iluvmen
iluvmen

@StonedTime
pact of the chain warlock of the Raven Queen, with one eye.

Methshot
Methshot

@LuckyDusty
I'm not sure, because I haven't played shadowrun outside of vidya, but i would suspect that's because cyberware doesn't offer as much utility as magic, and damage is irrelevant.

Methnerd
Methnerd

@StonedTime
Multiclass into a new class every level.

TechHater
TechHater

@DeathDog
Play a David Bowie or Freddie Mercury inspired one instead

Supergrass
Supergrass

@JunkTop
that's what I figured, on both counts.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@Flameblow
Get a hunting trap and chain while you're at it.
I don't understand, please elaborate.

King_Martha
King_Martha

@Flameblow
Eagle helps with battlefield mobility, plus it buffs your darkvision if you have it. Being able to see a mile is a neat ribbon, though one of my PCs actually utilised it last session. Wolf buffs your team and adds a little extra versatility at level 14.
Bear is probably the best at level 3, but at 6 it's kinda ass unless you actually utilize encumbrance rules.

SniperWish
SniperWish

Whats are some good encounters to challenge the following 8th level party:

artificer gunsmith
spell less ranger / rogue assassinwith a longbow
lore bard/ assassin
Samurai with a greataxe
sword board vengeance pally
moon druid

General tactic is to tank and spank things, or knock prone and bone. Druids main thing is elk or tiger for charge / pounce.

Methshot
Methshot

@SniperWish
A beholder. Fly speed messes with martials, it's immune to prone and its rays can fuck moon druids just as hard as anyone else.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

@Techpill
It is only right that my weakness be punished. I shall accept any man's hard dick in my ass with the utmost pleasure.

I'm not gay though.

SniperGod
SniperGod

@Garbage Can Lid
Lemme tell you all about one of the greatest maneuvers in the martial's arsenal, Glyph of Fuck You.
attach chain to bear trap
coil chain in a circle on the ground and secure it with posts
place bear trap in center of chain circle and deploy
douse with lantern oil
attach flint and tinder strikers at hinges of trap, to be struck when trap slams partially
cover with flammable debris
lure enemy to your Glyph
shove them in
enemy is now rooted to the spot and roasting in their own personal bonfire
can't even bend over to try and pry the trap open without scorching their face and arms

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

@Lunatick
Is Euron the true Edgelord of GoT?

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@TurtleCat
“That which is dead cannot die,” said Aeron fiercely. “For he who has tasted death once need never fear again. He was drowned, but he came forth stronger than before, with steel and fire.”

“Will you do the same, brother?” Euron asked. “I think not. I think if I drowned you, you’ll stay drowned. All gods are lies, but yours is laughable. A pale white thing in the likeness of a man, his limbs broken and swollen and his hair flipping in the water while fish nibble at his face. What fool would worship that?”

“He’s your god as well,” insisted the Damphair. “And when you die, he will judge you harshly, Crow’s Eye. You will spend eternity as a sea slug, crawling on your belly eating shit. If you do not fear to kill your own blood, slit my throat and be done with me. I’m weary of your mad boastings.”
It's so satisfying when Aeron puts him in his place.

Bidwell
Bidwell

@SniperGod
misty step.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@SniperGod
now that is a fine meme

But the chain seems superfluous when the hunting trap already comes with one

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

@SniperGod
Yes

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

Well, shit, Veeky Forums.
I just had someone spring an invite to DM on me. Normally I'd be ecstatic, but then they said it would be 5 players (literally double the player I usually play with) AND run on a Discord server. I've only ever dm'ed with pen, paper, and people before, so what are some tools and resources I can use to not get overwhelmed here?

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@haveahappyday
Player's Handpad

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

14 13 15 10 15 8

How's this stat line look for Barb 1, Moon Druid X? Wild shape is the primary means of attacking, but I feel like he should be able to mix it up as a human when necessary. My only concern is dex might be a bit low

farquit
farquit

/wsr/ is not in the mood today, can somebody paint this token's hair black? Many thanks.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

@BlogWobbles
Tools and resources
All you need a mic and the decency to not talk over one another. Protip use Push-to-talk instead of sound detection.

askme
askme

@SniperGod
*misty steps behind you*
Nothing personnel, martial.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@farquit
check your thread, someone already did it

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

@askme
right into another Glyph of Fuck You
predictable

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@King_Martha
You choose separately for the level 3 and 6 totems.

idontknow
idontknow

Best multi-class for a Monk? I want to be either A) Neo B) Iron Fist C) Jackie Chan.

But thoughts on how to make a versatile monk multiclass would be appreciated.

Methnerd
Methnerd

@GoogleCat
More like "I don't know", because random barmaid doesn't have any idea what the spell does beyond what you tell her. For all she knows, the caster was just bulshitting with all that hand waving and nonsense mumbling, she can't tell if the spell works unless she deliberately tries to lie.

Skullbone
Skullbone

@CouchChiller
Oh wow.

Flameblow
Flameblow

@CodeBuns
I haven't played since my friend group in High School decided to stop playing due to some drama ( I wouldn't let one dumbass use his super edgy CN necromancer that was 5 levels above everyone else so he cried to the guy who's house we were playing at). I'm just here because it's fun to read about this stuff and build character concepts for if the opportunity ever comes up - maybe pick up some tips for if I decide to properly learn how to DM

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@BinaryMan
What race will you be?

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

@Flameblow
CN
I meant CE. God that guy was a faggot

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@Emberburn
That seems totally normal to me. I would also suggest adding some sort of fluffy cultural boon. If you're worried about it being too strong just slap a 1/per long rest on it.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@iluvmen
Sauce on gif related? I'm laughing really hard at this

5mileys
5mileys

@Boy_vs_Girl
It's fucking Bleach, I hate Bleach and even I recognize it what rock do you live under?

massdebater
massdebater

@Boy_vs_Girl
Bleach. Like Dragon Ball but with swords

idontknow
idontknow

@BinaryMan
Half-Orc

Evilember
Evilember

@idontknow
Those are all achievable by just going straight Monk. It's the class with the least potential for multiclassing, so you're encouraged to just keep leveling within it. If you want a particularly Jackie thing going on, taking Tavern Brawler for proficiency in Improvised Weapons is what I'd say, but then you're sacrificing a stat up that you direly need for half a feat as the 1d4 unarmed strike is redundant.

All those things you want to be seem to come down to how you roleplay, not the mechanics you have available.

RavySnake
RavySnake

Would you play a character that got reincarnated/polymorphed into another humanoid race after every long rest?

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@RavySnake
Nope

Supergrass
Supergrass

Genasis suck. How did WotC fuck them so hard?

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@Supergrass
They were made before power creep set in.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@RavySnake
It depends on how many long rests there would be each session

iluvmen
iluvmen

Do you think there will be broken or imbalanced things on XGE? Will optimization ruin the game?

likme
likme

@BinaryMan
What about without any stat changes

Flameblow
Flameblow

@iluvmen
Depends on who all is playing, if one guy is going full optimizing and tries to outshine the party at every turn then yes. Of they're doing it as a fall back to help cover the parties ass meh, if everyone is optimizing then no.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

@iluvmen
I'm expecting a lot more underpowered content than the reverse. Their not-revised ranger speaks to this.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@RumChicken
Just checking on the nature of the complaint, my friend

Spamalot
Spamalot

@haveahappyday
Alright, thanks man.

Inmate
Inmate

@idontknow
I'd say drop the STR to 13 and focus on DEX as your Humanoid damage stat. It'll scale better than STR as you won't be able to max either. You're delaying your ASI with the dip in barb, so you want to avoid too many odd stats. I'm assuming you're starting 1 level in barb first.

13 14 15 9 15 8 will let you get CON and WIS to 16 at 5, and you'll be able to max WIS then bring up DEX or grab a feat as you level. You basically don't use STR unless you're wildshaped, where you would still benefit from Athletics proficiency.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Can a DEX Knight work okay? I was planning to be Sword and Board anyway so the only penalty I see is -1AC from Plate.

TreeEater
TreeEater

How would you do an all Human Fighter party?

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@TreeEater
With lots of potions

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

@TreeEater
Each one is a different (non-champion) archetype with a varied weapon loadout and a decent selection of proficiencies and feats distributed between them.

I would expect the EK to try and pack what little utility spells he can to aid in non combat roles.

Also @GoogleCat

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

@Inmate
Makes sense. If I have no intention of improving strength or int past +1 I might drop str to 12 and bump int to 10.
I really don't see this campaign running so long that I'll ever pick them for ASI

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@Boy_vs_Girl
It’s from a post episode joke/Omake segment from a shone battle anime about grim reapers and hungry ghosts called Bleach.

Inmate
Inmate

What's the least optimal build possible without intentionally setting your stats low?

Methshot
Methshot

@Inmate
Beastmaster ranger.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

@Methnerd
An affected creature is aware of the spell and can thus avoid answering questions to which it would normally respond with a lie.

DeathDog
DeathDog

@Inmate
4 Elements Monk probably? Even though I played one and even though they're weak, they're fun.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

@Inmate
In addition to those mentioned, I would say Frenzy Barbarian.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@Sharpcharm
They're aware the spell is on them. They don't necessarily have to know what it does.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

WHERE
IS
THE
VIDEO

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

What's a good name for a magical ship in a bottle?

5mileys
5mileys

@Sharpcharm
inb4 fanfiction
We've had multiple sightings of krakens mentioned in the same breath as dragons, and bothed are dismissed. Euron is also a sorcerer, and the summoning will be consistent with the "only death can pay for life" thing and will nicely mirror the birth of Dany's dragons (she even burnt a witch to do it).

takes2long
takes2long

@Spazyfool
W R O N G

Berserkers are definitely not the best, but they're still miles ahead of Beastmasters and Elemental Monks. I'd say that they're better then Champions and a few other options.

Methnerd
Methnerd

@5mileys
Wait, shit, I've had the wrong tab opened.

StonedTime
StonedTime

@haveahappyday
http://donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/random/#type=ship

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

@Inmate
Wot4E
Beastmaster
Champion
Hunter

w8t4u
w8t4u

Is Fabricate actually useful in any way?

Firespawn
Firespawn

@Need_TLC
do you mean this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuZYqwz_-2M

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

@Firespawn
no college of blades
no hexblade
no stone sorcerer
gishfags btfo again

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@w8t4u
Have Blacksmith's Tools proficiency, and turn raw metal (which is dirt cheap) into plate armors (worth 1500gp ea), thus making huge amounts of money, even if you undercut the competition by hundreds of gp.

Just make sure you've got the necessary guild memberships/royal permits first.

And also probably talk to your DM before you do this so he doesn't shit himself.

Lunatick
Lunatick

@w8t4u
Yes. In fact, I'm very hyped for getting it, since I'm a forge cleric with proficiency in blacksmithing.
My DM is very anal about crafting rules - ESPECIALLY when it comes to fullplate, because muh years of work and muh realism, so I just want to see his face when I conjure up a suit of plate in a single round.

Now Creation, this is straight up garbage.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@Stupidasole
I've got a feeling they'll release College of Blades, which is actually cool unlike the edgy gishfag classes.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

@Stark_Naked
There is the Barb multiclass requirement you have to keep in mind, which is STR 13.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@Nojokur
Enforce spellcasting rules and actually make them have the items needed to cast the spells they have.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@Need_TLC
you must meet the ability score prerequisites for BOTH your current class and your new one

well damn, you learn something new everyday. Actually I probably just forgot because multi classing OUT of your class is never really the issue

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@lostmypassword
This just adds busywork. It doesn't actually fix anything.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

@lostmypassword
Forcing casters to have all the necessary components and actually using the time requirements would go far in curbing caster supremacy.

SniperWish
SniperWish

@BinaryMan
Yeah, i only really realized how much of a pain the requirement was until I wanted to multi a DEX paladin into Bard.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@Fried_Sushi
and can thus avoid answering questions to which it would normally respond with a lie.
They clearly know enough about the spell to know it's stopping them lying without experimentation.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@Lord_Tryzalot
Time requirements would be key, but unless the components are expended or have a cost, then their focus takes care of the components.

But yes, some people don't even enforce the components that you would need even with a focus.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

@Sharpcharm

because 'pleading the fifth' = legal immunity, rite guyz?

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@Fried_Sushi
What are market forces

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

@Lord_Tryzalot
@Garbage Can Lid
I still feel like more key is to restrain a bit of the versatility that some full casters can get. Bard and Wizard are particularly strong due to the sheer variety of spells they can get. Limit Wizards by school or tone them both down in some other way would go a long way.

I don't think casters are really so strong that they need a massive change though to bring things properly in line.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@SniperWish
Could be worse, could be paladin/ranger multiclass

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

Should I take a 2 level dip in fighter for my Bladesinger? Or should I just go straight bladesinger?

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

I love roleplaying but i hate combat, what to do?

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

How would you implement alchemists and large non-magic explosions while avoiding the whole "lol gunpowder"-issue?

takes2long
takes2long

@Crazy_Nice
Play another game

w8t4u
w8t4u

@Crazy_Nice
Play World of Darkness

TreeEater
TreeEater

@Crazy_Nice
Join your local community theater.

cum2soon
cum2soon

@w8t4u
I really want to, but it's even harder to find good players.

RavySnake
RavySnake

I'm half considering playing a female Halfling just because there's no good art of male ones. Anyone got good Halfling Fighter art?

viagrandad
viagrandad

Does anyone have that shipped image of Gordon Ramsay as DM saying "it's fucking RAW" ?
It's for an emergency

happy_sad
happy_sad

@StonedTime
Thanks heaps, bro!

cum2soon
cum2soon

@RavySnake
Halfling Fighter art
google this phrase
all male halfing meleers
Is there something more specific you're having trouble finding? I don't see your problem.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

@cum2soon

I think user is just trying to justify playing Mazzy Fentan to the thread.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

@cum2soon
Heavy armour, somthing that doesn't look bad and just something cool in general. I dunno, I'm mega picky about character art and normally spend days finidng the right one but I'm having no luck.

Illusionz
Illusionz

@Sharpcharm
'ere ya go wee one

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@PackManBrainlure
I'd let her mount me for great justice.

viagrandad
viagrandad

@PackManBrainlure
Mazzy Fentan
Who?

@Illusionz
I absolutely love that for my Token art, now I just need to find a decent looking face for my chat art.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

Hey 5eg, I'm making a Troll race inspired by trolls from WoW, what kinds of features would you give them?

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/BkTkbMc3W

For that user that wanted to see this once it had tenets. Made a bunch of changes, dropped the elemental summoning idea. As always, I love some feedback.

Yes, I got rid of the feat at level 3.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

@Carnalpleasure
WoW Trolls
Honestly I only know a little about them but wouldn't the Bugbear statblock be reasonably close? Or if they're more the regenerating sort of troll then maybe use a Half-Orc Revenant but replace the come back from the dead ability with a 35ft. move speed.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

@Carnalpleasure

Tusk based gore attack
Dex/Wis bonuses
Fast healing for X time a day
Mini Rage

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

@viagrandad
Just clip from @cum2soon
, I doubt you'll find a tougher looking halfling.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

@Illusionz
this is Shredder.

askme
askme

Help me name this weapon please!

Sentient, 11 int 13 wis 13 cha, +1 Shortsword, 120 feet vision, communication by transmiting emotion, purpose is to fight evil

Continually sheds bright light 15ft, dim for 15. No turning off!

LG can attune in 1 min.

Can cast Crusader's Mantle spell.

StonedTime
StonedTime

@askme
Shining Finger

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

@CodeBuns
Ways to make the game more deadly? U was thinking that if you go below half max go you take a wound. Each would =1 level of exhaustion.

Idk how getting rid of wounds should work. Ideas?

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

@askme
"Protego Homine", The Protector of the Innocent.

cum2soon
cum2soon

@Stark_Naked
Get rid of death saves.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@askme
I know you're looking for thing names and not people names, but maybe something from here will inspire you, or just put it into a phrase name.
https://www.behindthename.com/names/meaning/bright,light,shining,radiant,white

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

@CodeBuns
Fifth Edition Genera

Firespawn
Firespawn

@Stark_Naked
Meat Grinder rules, DC:15 for Death Saves.

Booteefool
Booteefool

@TalkBomber
Ayy it's me, the guy from the other day that helped you with this
I got rid of the feat at level 3
Sentinel lite is there
???
You're already adding a lot to an oath at level 3. Look at all the other paladin oaths, all they get at level 3 is channel divinity and their oath spells. I think that's more fair here since this oath is very niche in what it works on, but three additional features is too much. You should really get rid of that ability and not replace it. Other than that I really like what you've done with it

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

@Stupidasole
You got sources on any of that?

MPmaster
MPmaster

@cum2soon
@Firespawn
Interesting, have you ran this? How does it go?

girlDog
girlDog

@BlogWobbles
I really like the idea of restricting wizards to certain schools of magic, or limit them to learning / preparing a limited amount of spells not of their chosen school.

For bards I would want to experiment with the older style of spell prep where you have to itemise your spells for the day. (3 magic missiles, one shield, one counterspell etc)

likme
likme

@Stark_Naked
My DM had us get wounds after going to 0 in order to prevent 1 hp healing abuse. I would say to go with the same, perhaps with Exhaustion under half health.

You could also look at the Gritty rest rules in the DMG if you want to help prevent spells from solving up all those wounds, and make different wounds require a certain number of days or weeks to recover from.

I would say to save actual wounds for when somebody drops to 0 though. Going for half-max gets tricky.

hairygrape
hairygrape

Good places to hunt for character art?

Playboyize
Playboyize

@Carnalpleasure

Racial spells: Longstrider 1/long rest, can only cast on self, no components. Haste, 1/long rest starting at level 5, only castable on self, no components

+2 DEX/+1 WIS

Something that allows them to spend hit dice as an action without resting, totalling 1/3 of level, rounded up, only usable once per long rest?

Skullbone
Skullbone

@girlDog
My house rule is that focus only functions up to a spell level of 5, beyond that the magic requires the use of the rare components. Then again I feature rare materials to help encourage player creativity when they play spellcasters.

RavySnake
RavySnake

@hairygrape
The character art threads on this board

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@hairygrape
The character art threads are normally up, just search for them in the catalogue.

Google images obviously

If you want something specific feel free to just ask here, I've got a reasonable collection of assorted shit.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@Booteefool
I was going off the oath of redemption, I could just drop it I guess. Redemption gets 2 level 3 abilities, channel divinity, and oath spells. I'll admit, I completely forgot about sentinal being a thing.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@Raving_Cute
An example from another system that gets caster/martial balance right: Learning the Force makes it so you can't learn how to hack a computer, or repair a droid, because both take time.

pretty retarded since this directly contradicts the movies

Booteefool
Booteefool

@Stupidasole
I think College of the Sword should be renamed to College of Blades and we are more likely than not going to be getting this.

I want Stone Sorcerer and Hexblade in pretty bad honestly. They hit the spots for a better Gish, plus with the new spells, they might feel even better.

viagrandad
viagrandad

@girlDog
I would say to require a specialist Wizard to know a certain number of spells from their school, and limit the spell level from their opposed schools to being half of their max.

So an Illusionist would have to know 1 illusion spell per level, and wouldn't be able to get basic Evocation, Necromancy, or Abjuration spells until level 3 when they're at second level for everything else.

That might be a bit drastic, but at the same time I think Wizards would survive.

Making bards go back to specifically allocated casting is an interesting idea, though I'm not sure how well it fits them. It would go well with the idea that they're mixing various types of magic together, so their 'divine' and 'arcane' spells needing to be prepared separately rather than done on the fly might work.

likme
likme

@MPmaster
I never ran this, but it would probably ramp up the difficulty really quickly as dropping to 0 is basically a death wish at that point. Also, I would recommend adding these resurrection rules in as well.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

martials are lame, casters are great
solution: make casters lame too

What's with all the riot employees browsing the thread right now? You know nerfing isn't the only form of balance right?

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@viagrandad
How does that work out for Lore Wizards?

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

@kizzmybutt
Shhhh we can't have martials doing cool things because reasons :^)

Emberburn
Emberburn

Does anyone here run a non magic setting? I hate that magic solves all problems, how can you go about balancing that, I was thinking that no casting classes, or maybe only 3 levels of caster per character

SniperWish
SniperWish

@kizzmybutt
You do know that Wizards have gotten almost nothing but buffs over the various editions to make their lives easier? Undoing buffs is not a nerf

StonedTime
StonedTime

@Garbage Can Lid
The only contradictions I can see would be Luke, Annakin, and Rey, all three of whom were basically chosen ones from the desert who gain force powers as the plot demands.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@Gigastrength
How does that work out for Lore Wizards?
Fuck Lore Wizards.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@Emberburn
Play a different game buddy. Honestly 4e would be pretty easy to play with no magic classes.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

@SniperWish
Undoing buffs is not a nerf

y-yes it is. They already got nerfed pretty hard with everything in 5e taking concentration, by the way

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@Booteefool
Updated and just dropped lockdown

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@Emberburn
Like @PurpleCharger
says, 4e does this a lot better since you can actually make a non-magical party pretty well.

If you really want to try and make it work in 5e, I would just say to ban the full casters and leave things more low-magic. That would still give you enough to work with and leave magic as an occasional tool rather than a constant problem solver.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

@Emberburn
Hell no. 5e combat is boring enough with spells. Taking them out would make things terrible.

viagrandad
viagrandad

People still think Wizards are the always OP class
Niggers, sure Wizards are always powerful but they have certainly never been the most OP thing in ANY edition.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@Stark_Naked
just include damage that causes instant kills

hairygrape
hairygrape

@CodeBuns
They already got nerfed pretty hard with everything in 5e taking concentration, by the way

From where they were in 3.5 maybe. Do you want to go back to them being able to lose any spell when attacked, not just concentration ones? Or having the DM select all of your spells for you? Or not being able to cast opposition school spells at all? Or not being able to cast while in armor at all? Because that's the baseline.

Methshot
Methshot

@askme
Still looking for ideas!

Emberburn
Emberburn

How to make 5e perfect: remove all class features, magic,and skills so the only option left is to attack

TechHater
TechHater

@Emberburn
How to make /5eg/ perfect: remove all posters who complain whenever somebody suggests altering the Wizard in any way that isn't more buffs.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

@Garbage Can Lid
Very nice. I'm gonna post it in my personal discord and see if any of my friends are interested in playing it

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

How to make 5e perfect: Don't play with assholes and don't be an asshole.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@TechHater
How to make /5eg/ perfect: remove all posters who suggest altering the Wizard in any

I nerfed your post for you :^)

askme
askme

I can do the voices for these two perfectly and consistently.
http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Eygon+of+Carim
http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Sir+Vilhelm

Any ideas on how to make a character based on one or both of them? Class, backstory, anything. I can RP wonderfully and would love to take advantage.

Techpill
Techpill

@hairygrape
Do you want...

I'm pretty sure I made it clear I want the game to be fun. Here's an idea, instead of being so sour grapes over all the things wizard can do, why not come up with new things to add to fighter and barbarian?

5e is already so basic, more complexity can only help.

Flameblow
Flameblow

@PurpleCharger
@Evil_kitten
The thing I hate is "I wonder if she is lying, just cast zone of truth!" Like fucking hell way to make a brain dead game

I don't evocation or transmutation it's just some spells bother me

WebTool
WebTool

@hairygrape
magic the gathering

RumChicken
RumChicken

@BunnyJinx
Great, have fun with it. Hope it plays well.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

@Garbage Can Lid
@StonedTime
Even those three start off knowing mechanical/piloting skills and acquire their force training down the road, which is what the system is meant to represent

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@askme
I can do the voices for these two perfectly
Post a vocaroo

MPmaster
MPmaster

@Flameblow

if your entire campaign is unraveled by a lie detector, seek help. Also there are ways of getting around Zone of Truth, the first of which is making the save.

girlDog
girlDog

@hairygrape
Pinterest and art station. On artstation just do filter fantasy or whatever you want

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

@viagrandad
This.

In 2e the entire balance of things were off, with the two biggest offenders imo being Gladiator and Bladesinger. In 3e it was CoDzilla. In 4e no one gives a shit. In 5e it's Lore Bard.

Wizard has consistently been in the top 5 of every edition however and people seem to get the most anal about it.

Bidwell
Bidwell

@Flameblow
Zone of Truth is a dumb spell, I agree. You've got to play information access games if you have a caster who knows that spell. Like the bbeg never does his dirty work, he uses uninformed mooks.

@BunnyJinx
Yeah, but those three also have a 5x exp modifier or something. Rey might have a 1000x XP modifier with the rate that she picks up force powers.

Methshot
Methshot

@Techpill
I've posted ideas for maneuvers and things to add to martial classes across the board to make them better, but I always get ignored

I get a slight bit of discussion when I suggest ways to change the top tier full casters to be less versatile all the time, but that just gets drowned out by 5 guys all coming out of the woodwork to try and lecture me about how Wizards are totally balanced and how dare I try and fix them at all.

Unless 5e is a perfect game already, then I don't see what's wrong with taking the easier path here.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

@StrangeWizard
im using a laptop at camp (for work)
ill post vilhelms speech when i get back home in a few weeks
some of my stuff should be floating around /dsg/, at least, it was for a while

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

@BunnyJinx
Oh, obvious shilling, but if you want to playtest something else for me I did this too

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/B1d7UaU5W

Lunatick
Lunatick

@Bidwell
Zone of Truth is a dumb spell, I agree.
You just need to have a setting that takes it's presence into account without being stupid. It'd see regular and expected use in larger city courts.

Techpill
Techpill

@Methshot
Wizards are totally balanced

I'm not saying this, I'm saying when you have one class that is boring "I attack" over and over, and one class that has tons of options and gets to do unique shit, the goal should be to make everyone more like tons-of-options-guy. If your baseline for balance is the nofun class and you nerf everyone to his level, all you've done is create a nofun game.

and how dare I try and fix them at all.

See above, I don't see how dragging fun classes down is a fix.

Unless 5e is a perfect game already, then I don't see what's wrong with taking the easier path here

Or unless you realize the Riot Games "nerf anything good" approach just turns everything into a snoozefest

Methshot
Methshot

@Boy_vs_Girl
To give a bit of context, those two characters pride themselves in their speed/teleporting ability. In the episode, they have an exchange where the two of them pull this trick on each other a few time, including the moving so fast you leave behind a double trick. In the after episode bit, they parody that bit to it's extreme. Say what you will about Bleach, and what you say is likely true, but they had at least some idea of how stupid things were getting in that story and made fun of themselves pretty well.

Firespawn
Firespawn

Playing a Dwarven Fighter, should I go dual-wielding Mountain for the 20 STR and CON at level 8? Or sword and board Hill for a more tanky build?

Booteefool
Booteefool

@Techpill
Thanks for proving my point so succinctly. The portion of my post that lamented discussion of martials getting ignored gets ignored. The portion of my post complaining about Wizards gets dissected and picked apart in an attempt to lecture.

iluvmen
iluvmen

@askme
If you can play Eygon, play a paladin who rarely uses the helpful spells. Be a rude cock who ignores or scoffs at things like fate or higher purpose, but who has had his heart stolen by a woman who won't love him, but irrecoverably needs his protection. He should be oath of the Crown (to symbolize his devotion to Carim) or oath of Devotion (symbolic of his love and desire to protect his charge at all costs). If he is devoted to Carim, it is only to pursue his true interests, as Eygon in the game mocks the Ashen One's purpose and desires most to protect Irina.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@Firespawn
Go hill dwarf and instead of going melee use crossbows because fighters are best at ranged combat.

Flameblow
Flameblow

@Techpill
Listen man I want Wizards to just hire the Tome of Battle dudes too but I doubt we'll see it in this lifetime.

whereismyname
whereismyname

@Gigastrength
I'm playing a Knight though so that's a no for ranged combat.

cum2soon
cum2soon

Is a ship battle encounter with 7 thugs and a swashbuckler too deadly for 5 level 3 pcs?

iluvmen
iluvmen

Tome of Battle 5e When?

Firespawn
Firespawn

@cum2soon
Might be a bit on the dangerous side, as that's 3 1/2 CR of thugs alone, plus they have numbers on their side.

I think it would work if you break it up a bit though. Have the players fight 4 thugs, then midway through that have the Swashbuckler show up with 3 more

SniperGod
SniperGod

@iluvmen
I hope never

RumChicken
RumChicken

@Booteefool
Thanks for proving my point so succinctly. The portion of my post that lamented discussion of martials getting ignored gets ignored.

I can't rightly comment on some point you made 5 threads ago that I can't see, can I?

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

@cum2soon
Yep. Stays dead all the way down to 2 thugs+swashbuckler

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@iluvmen
I like this quite a bit, thank you
I was toying with the idea of having Irina be dead, slain and I was unable to protect her. Now Im an adventurer, seeking another lady to swear alligance to. What alignment would best fit what you described? Neutral Good?

A similar story could be worked for Vilhelm, in an alternate world where Friede was killed but he lived.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@Techpill
But buffing the only attacks guy to having options for everything, so that everyone has options for everything makes it boring as well.

I'd rather have a number of classes that each excel at something different, then have one or two classes (see bards and wizards) get to do everything. It doesn't have to be all buff or all nerf; some guys who fantasy have many options could gain some, and some who have too many options (to the point it makes others obsolete) might need to lose some.

Snarelure
Snarelure

Best Tales From The Yawning Portal adventure?

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

@RumChicken
That user means what he just said. Follow the post chain dumby

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@iluvmen
How would something like that even work with 5e? New feats and subclasses for martials only? I just want more actions both in and out of combat.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@TurtleCat

The post chain goes back to @kizzmybutt
and there are no actual suggestions in between there for improving martials

King_Martha
King_Martha

@SniperGod
But why? it was cool.

askme
askme

@Raving_Cute
Eygon was not one to save others, he helped out those he thought were good enough to help him protect Irina. So anywhere from Lawful Neutral (obeying his personal code) to Neutral (staying out of conflict) or Neutral Good ( Protecting another with his life, whether she reciprocated or not). If Irina is dead, it makes more sense he would be an adventurer but in that case he would have sworn vengeance if she was murdered or broken his oaths if it was disease or fate. In that regard he'd probably be a pretty unhinged personality, swinging from outright aggression to depression. I'd say he has a lot of ways to start the character but him changing over time by interacting with people is a good way to seek new paths or ideas that could give him perspective. If Irina is alive he needs a reason to be away from her, whether that be she has sent him on a mission for her, the order of clerics/priests shes a part of has sent him on a mission, etc. Whatever it is she should interact with him as often as it is possible. Sort of like a Warlock's Patron, Irina is Eygon's muse, his purpose. (I still think its shit he just dies alone in her cell after the Dragonslayer, not even any last words nani the fuck)

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

@Dreamworx
By actions do you mean Action, Bonus, Move, Reaction type, or just stuff to do in general?

Also, I assume they would come as subclasses for each school for the classes they fit best on. Maybe feats that improve based on your proficiency bonus?

Emberfire
Emberfire

@Dreamworx
Honestly I was toying with taking the idea of the battlemaster and just making spell pages with the traditions listed and their moves that the "battlemaster" learns. I think though the best way to do it would be to create a Martial Artist "class" and then have Warlord, Stalker and Warden be archetypes.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

/tg/thread/55834173#p55834173
Might as well use this thread now since it hasn't died yet.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@Snarelure
Hidden shrine is lowish level, but lots of fun. Make sure to read before so you dont forget to make pcs save against the poison fog and everything

girlDog
girlDog

@Firespawn
There are lots of ways to negate the numbers advantage. I think the game's way of ranking the power of a bunch of weak enemies is a little off.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

@BinaryMan
You'll run out of power points eventually.

w8t4u
w8t4u

@Nojokur
Our DM is super into Norse mythology from the myths and legends podcast.
Get ready to cross-dress if you want your legendary weapon back. Compete in a beauty pageant with !Freya, !Thor, and !Loki.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

@Stark_Naked
I thought the trove has beyond damage dice from Kobold. Might like some of the stuff there. But nothing official.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@Garbage Can Lid
I don't believe anyone's favorite setting is the Fucking Realms.

girlDog
girlDog

@Need_TLC
as opposed to volleying javelins at your victims.
But you can only draw one javelin a turn too. :^)

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

@Nojokur
@Illusionz
@Snarelure
@SniperGod
@DeathDog
@BinaryMan
Zone of Truth proves the barmaid was assaulted in her room. Though the paladin has no memory of it, witnesses confirm that they spied the barmaid "on top of" the paladin in the paladin's room. Doing "it". They were both raped. By doppleganger(s). Enjoy your alien pregnancies. I'm sure one of you fuckers will.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@BlogWobbles
People need to try running spells and ability checks straight as the book suggests before trying to make any radical changes.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

@Raving_Cute
Oath of Redemption is UA, pays for using those features with restrictions that make them MAD and use weaker weapons, and is shit. I haven't read your homebrew, but for Redemption they are not supposed to be benefits but trades.

Inmate
Inmate

@Bidwell
Zone of Truth means your party just has to torture the right mook for info instead of torturing every mook then performing advanced data analysis.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@Sir_Gallonhead
Fair enough. Take a look at it now, without the UA held in place. I thijkg it sounds flavorful and fun

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page