>Trove:
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previous Thread
Question
>If everyone race could only play as one class, what pairings would you use?

Other urls found in this thread:

drivethrurpg.com/product/223738/One-Grung-Above-5e?src=DTRPGTwitter
astranauta.github.io/races.html#dwarf (duergar)
drive.google.com/file/d/0B3J5qdNzFt-LZHo3RUpabE9GT3M/view
docs.google.com/document/d/1zHLtUBIOpuzbhov9Jk6GsCgftm1TIb2_Q8oHBWo26Jk/mobilebasic
docs.google.com/document/d/1zHLtUBIOpuzbhov9Jk6GsCgftm1TIb2_Q8oHBWo26Jk/edit
reddit.com/r/UnearthedArcana/comments/6omb6g/the_compendium_of_sacred_mysteries_17_new_cleric/
thegeniusinc.com/dd-monster-maker-download/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Obligatory skeleton post

>Already a 5eg thread with only 150-200 replies
So which is it, too retarded to use the catalogue or just blind?

>If every race had only one class, what pairings would you use?

I'd say

>Human Paladin
>Elf Druid
>Halfling Rogue
>Dwarf Fighter
>Gnome Wizard
>Dragonborn Sorcerer
>Tiefling Warlock
>Half-Orc Barbarian
>Half-Elf Ranger

It does leave out Cleric and Monk, although if you toss in Aasimar that covers Cleric easily.

Does anyone have "One Grung Above" yet? Looking for the Grung stats.

drivethrurpg.com/product/223738/One-Grung-Above-5e?src=DTRPGTwitter

So I was working on an idea to try and give martial classes more options by making Superiority die a more universal thing.

The way I had it currently set up was that each class would get a number of d4 superiority die at certain levels depending on the following factors
>One dice at level 1 if they don't have any spell slots
>One dice at level 2 if they don't have any spell slots
>One dice at levels 5, 11, and 16 if they have the Extra attack feature or are a Rogue, and also knowledge of two maneuvers from the list

I'd also planned on making some default maneuvers to go with these, namely letting a character spend a dice to add that d4 to a skill check, saving throw, or regain that many hitpoints, though I also feel like I'd need to include more maneuvers for the various classes on top of that. Essentially give each martial class their own Maneuver list to fit with the base ones.

Any thoughts on the progression or what sorts of maneuvers would fit what classes? Any problems or issues you can see right off the bat?

Damn that's a good idea, bro! Thanks heaps, and also makes for a really cinematic fight.

Damn, 5e encounters aren't that difficult to overcome are they?

I like the playtest mechanic where you had a dice that refreshes every turn.

What are your thoughts about retconning whole sessions, I have never been in this situation before

>Player pissed off about a judgement I made last week (as a Dwarf Rogue he could NOT in fact stop a rolling boulder with his bare hands unless he rolled a nat20), he claimed his 11 strength was enough.
>This week they go into the big main city to do RP and get the next portion of the quest
>He decided to go rogue and goes in for the kill on the Prince of the City while the rest of the party talked to him
>Absolutely insisted on making this action, I have to make a boss fight on the spot
>Ends with most of the party escaping, two die
>Completely cucks the narrative and essentially if I wanted to ANYTHING I would have to ship them to a different continent cause they are enemies of the state.

We ended up uninviting him to play because afterwards he was a cunt and we almost came to blows.

Best way to retcon is to just start over at the session before right?

Please give feedback on my phase wasp. I'm converting 3.5 monsters to 5e, and keeping a blog running (thirdtofifth.tumblr.com). Since there are tons of 3.5 monsters (I own all the monster manuals and loved them well as a teenager), I am taking requests on what people want me to convert from 3.5. I have access to pretty much all the splats, and I can find PDFs for the ones I don't have. Drop me a request and I'll try to have it done within a week, just check the blog and it should be there. I'm working on converting the monsters from Elder Evils, as well as the mind flayers of Thoon, Spawn of Tiamat, and some other creatures, as well as turning some particular favorite magic cards of mine into 5e monsters.

TLDR:
>feedback on my phase wasp pls, nothing is too nitpicky, it all helps
>3.5 monsters not already in 5e that you would like to see converted to 5e.

Embrace the bullshit, let them be enemy of the state and just continue from there.

>not Half-Elf Bard

CR 3 means a party of 4 level 3 adventurers can take it out with some loss of resources (HP, spells, etc)

Also, action economy is everything.

It's a matter of action economy. Thugs in particular are scary in that regard, since they have Pack Tactics and are more dangerous in groups as a whole.

You could potentially replace some of them with standard bandits to help make things more manageable. The other advantage to having the encounter come in waves is that you can toss in a few extra bandits if things are looking too easy, or take out one of the reinforcements if things are looking too dangerous.

Large groups are a big threat in 5e though, especially when it's already a pretty on-level fight like that.

>(as a Dwarf Rogue he could NOT in fact stop a rolling boulder with his bare hands unless he rolled a nat20), he claimed his 11 strength was enough.

ahaha what? He thinks 11 STR should mean superhuman level shit comes easily?

As of now the vote to retcon went 4-0 but I told them to give me a few days to see what I can come up with story wise before we set it in motion.

I think I have something but I need some time to develop it. We are just gonna do a One-Shot this week

Either way fuckface isn't coming back cause he is a grade A piece of shit

I could have sworn I used Bard elsewhere. I'll stand by it though, as humans and elves are both well known for having rangers, so giving it to the cross between them makes sense.

Guys I hate rolling for stats, how do I convince my buddies that standard array/point buy is better?

>he thinks a Rogue couldn't use his bonus action to Dash every round and run in front of the boulder while continuously making sneak attacks against it chip pieces off and make it less roll-able

He should be able to use intellect to solve shit if they had decent intellect and work out how to set it off-course or something.

I suppose I could make it more like the playtest Fighter's mechanic of getting a constantly refreshing dicepool, although the tricky part with that is it might scale out of control with the current system math of 5e unless I heavily limit the effects.

I'd rather make use of an existing subsystem and expand upon it, personally, though I'm not opposed to the idea of bringing the old martial dice back.

Get better friends, or insist on selecting Race and Class first and accepting rolled stats IN ORDER with no swaps.
When the entire party is a bunch of worthless retards, they will see the light.

Go ahead and retcon it, but as a word of general advice your settings should be more resilient to the players doing dumbfuck stuff. This is an excellent opportunity to introduce the players to the criminal underworld for instance.

Hill Dwarf: Cleric
Mointain Dwarf: Fighter
High Elf: Wizard
Wood Elf: Ranger
Drow: Warlock
Lightfoot Halfling: Rogue
Stout Halfling: Druid
Human: Sorcerer
Dragonborn: Paladin
Gnome: Wizard
Half-Elf: Bard
Half-Orc: Barbarian
Tiefling: Warlock

He tried to haggle that as a Dwarf he is more attuned to nature (???) and with his finesse he would have a reasonable chance of stopping it.

I made it clear it was 3x his size, but he wanted to stop it (which would in turn stop it from plowing into a room they hadn't been in)

If he presented it like that I would have allowed him to try with a fairly reasonable skill challenge

Depends on how fast the boulder is moving.

Maybe, but the guy I quoted said "with his bare hands"

Also we don't know what his INT was, and INT overall isn't as good for rogues as it used to be since it isn't tied to skills.

I'm playing a Tabaxi Paladin in a game soon. Should I be STR or DEX focused? Obviously DEX would work better with my race but being able to Find Steed and use Lances whenever not in dungeons and stuff seems powerful.

Get swole, nerd

>Dragonborn
>not Dragon sorcerers
Are you donkeybrained?

Alright, I think I got it, a way to make the Duskblade's Arcane Channel/Magus' Spellstrike feature work for the Stone Sorcerer without completely messing over the others. What do you guys think?

Id like a "Drone" or something too, that can MM at will, and has a nastier sting (so it has incentice to get in melee range)

Then weve got ourselves an encounter! Especially if their nests look strikingly similar to those of mundane honeybees

But I like that phase wasp as is, great 'extras' on a low level encounter. Also great to use if you make a load of them with 1hp each to add minions to a low level forest or grassland encounter

>Dragonborn have +Str and +Cha, plus a short range AoE ability and damage resistance
Why would you NOT want Dragonborn to be locked into Paladin?

flavor

Rogues have skill monkeying capabilities and thus int on a rogue allows them to surpass wizards on those skills.
Also, arcane trickster does have some use for int, even if not much.

I'm just saying that if they weren't an idiot they could have tried something else.

Has anyone ever used that brew? It looks fun.

This I figured the goal would be to match up the races to classes that fit thematically, rather than simple optimization.

Mountain Dwarf: Fighter
Hill Dwarf: Cleric
High Elf: Wizard
Wood Elf: Ranger
Drow: Male Sorcerer/Female Cleric
Lightfoot Halfling: Rogue
Stout Halfling: Monk
Human: Paladin
Dragonborn: Sorcerer (Dragon)
Rock Gnome: Artificer
Forest Gnome: Wizard (Illusionist)
Half-Elf: Bard
Half-Orc: Barbarian
Tiefling: Warlock

Extra ones
Duergar: Rogue
Ghostwise Halfling: Druid
Svirfneblen: Wizard

I really like this idea, and want to see it fleshed out more. Thematic maneuvers for each class maybe? A separate pool of maneuvers? Different die sizes?

>Duergar: +3 str
>rogue

Aside from one sorcerous origin being related to dragons, how are dragonborn thematically appropriate for the class?

Whats are some good encounters to challenge the following 8th level party:

> artificer gunsmith
> spell less ranger / rogue assassinwith a longbow
> lore bard/ assassin
> Samurai with a greataxe
> sword board vengeance pally
> moon druid

General tactic is to tank and spank things, or knock prone and bone. Druids main thing is elk or tiger for charge / pounce.

Last thread someone suggested Beholder. Any other good monsters OR entire encounters?

Those are the sorts of things I was thinking of. I like the idea of some classes going for a larger volume of small dice, while others might only have a few, but have them be larger as they're more focused on damage.

Thematically, the only real maneuvers I can see restricting or dividing up from the basic battlemaster list would be Commander's Strike and Rally from Monks and Rogues, since they don't seem like the sort to lead in that regard, but a lot of that and the others depend on the character. I do like the idea of having separate lists though, especially since it means that certain maneuvers can tie into specific class features and augment them further.

Right now though, I mostly want to focus on giving each martial class a proper number of basic dice to work with. I also really do want to keep the skill check and saving throw options as more basic maneuvers, since I feel like they'd give a nice edge in a lot of cases, and offer something that would be a bit more focused on utility.

You don't need to go with draconic sorcerer. Blue Dragonborn? Storm. Mixed Heritage? Wild Mage. Bahamut's Chosen? Divine Soul

>+3 str
You're retarded.

Also from a themeatic point of view Duergar were often Rogues. All of their abilities aside from stat increases make fantastic Rogues. I'm pretty sure their favored class used to be Rogue as well.

I used it til level 9 then the cleric died. lots of fun, especially the flavor in RP from that thaumaturgy effect

>Talking to evil mage
>Ground starts to rumble
>All torches in the room pulse and go green yellow red like a VU for my voice
>Voice is also a metal-as-fuck growl

>Evil mage wants to run away instead of fight now.

They aren't very thematic for Paladins either except as Bahamut. I'd sooner peg them as Fighters.

Besides, you stuck Tieflings as Warlocks despite only one of their subclasses having to do with Fiends.

How is human more thematically appropriate?

What!? I think the Dborn is perfect for proud noble dogooder

They get +3 str in this edition.

Humans can fuck and get fucked by most D&D's creatures

astranauta.github.io/races.html#dwarf (duergar)
>Dwarf (Duergar)
>Ability Scores: Str +1; Con +2
No race has +3 to anything aside from a Dwarven Revenant getting +3 CON dumbass.

Sweet, I just noticed the creator of that brew updated it. Thank you.

Here's some other people's attempt to do the same regarding Tome of Battle ideas to 5e

drive.google.com/file/d/0B3J5qdNzFt-LZHo3RUpabE9GT3M/view

docs.google.com/document/d/1zHLtUBIOpuzbhov9Jk6GsCgftm1TIb2_Q8oHBWo26Jk/mobilebasic

docs.google.com/document/d/1zHLtUBIOpuzbhov9Jk6GsCgftm1TIb2_Q8oHBWo26Jk/edit

That's a huge sack of shit.

That only applies for dragon, and if you stretch enough for it to apply to other subclasses, it should work for dragonborns.

>Ability Score Increase
>Your Strength increases by 1
What the fuck are you smoking mate?

>spellless ranger
It's called a fighter you fucking scrub
>artificer gunsmith
Do they ENJOY sucking cock?
>Lore bard /assassin
Why the fuck are they multiclassing on a fucking lore bard? If you have to do that, you should be a fucking valor bard unless you want proficiency in EVERY SINGLE SKILL as well as jack of all trades
>Samurai with greataxe
What a scrub, not using a maul or a greatsword
>Bengeance paladin
Fuck off vengeance fags
>Moon druid
This guy is probably just trying to be as obnoxious as usual
Because fuck moon druids

I suggest three pit fiends, all at once.

You retarded?

Dwarf gets +2 Con
A Mountain Dwarf gets a +2 STR, you can't be a Mountain Dwarf and a Duergar

Dwarves get a +2 to Constitution, not Strength

Aww shit forgot base dwarf got a plus two to con, my bad.

It's okay, as long as you understand you were being retarded then everything worked it's self out.

And a balor.

>That only applies for dragon
And demons, devils, fey creatures, vampires, angels...

where's the update? I only have the image. THANKS

What's everyone looking forward to playing out of Xanatar's?

Which (aside from fey and devil) don't have sorcerer subclasses.

I hope Storm Herald gets some improvements, since I'm already playing one.

Speaking of Duergar, why do I never see them played? They seem pretty fucking powerful and they definitely get better abilities then other sunlight sensetive races. The resistance to nearly all mental conditions is amazing.

The Knight/Cavalier is what I'm looking forward to. Would also like to see the Theurge show up.

Thanks. I'll spend some time looking these over. I'm not quite out to make a bunch of brand new classes or anything, since I'd rather improve existing ones, though it might help give me some ideas for fair maneuvers.

That has already given me something of an idea, which would be spending a superiority die to enter a particular Stance, which could range from something combat-related to something more focused on utility, like a Watchman's stance that lets you see a short distance away in total darkness and giving you advantage on checks to detect creatures that might be sneaking or invisible.

reddit.com/r/UnearthedArcana/comments/6omb6g/the_compendium_of_sacred_mysteries_17_new_cleric/

A dragonborn sorcerer with a useful breath weapon and a slightly less shitty spell list.

From what I've seen I'm really liking the idea of glamour bard, samurai fighter, and cavalier fighter. Glamour bard fits my current bard character so much better than Lore or Valor. It's fucking crazy how pumped I am to remake my current bard as he should have always been. I've also always wanted to make a Halfling Fighter that rides on medium sized creatures and I think Cavalier might lend itself to that quite nicely. Finally I've always been a fan of samurais and I'd like to experiment maybe with a half orc or dragonborn base.

Please /5eg/, give me something fun to play.

It doesn't even need to be optimal, just something that does something other than I cast cantrip/I cast attack for 90% of combats.

Well, I'm currently playing a Forge Cleric, so I'm interested in what they've changed, if anything.

An Arcane Archer also seems like fun, depending on what they've done with it. May actually get me to play a High Elf for a change.

Arcane archer. Yes I am that boring.

Thank You!

How do I make stat blocks like this?
Is there a .psd or a template or anything? Trying to make a few stat blocks

a better DM is what

I have an Inquisitive/Hexblade waiting to be played. I have a Stone Sorcerer/Hexblade that I'm itching to try out. I probably won't be doing either because forever DM.

In my current group, I have a Horizon Walker and Knight who are excited about the upcoming changes, and everyone is excited for the updated class features + spells + feats... so yeah pretty much everything!

I want to run a dark carnival one-shot for Halloween.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas for making it appropriately spooky?

I didn't pick those, my players did. Why do you sound so mad?

>How do I make stat blocks like this?
thegeniusinc.com/dd-monster-maker-download/
This is what I use.
Be sure to manually save because it won't prompt you if you exit the program. Also make sure you click on what you want to save as. There are some glitches but it is good overall.

Because your players are shitters.

Illusionist Wizard X/GOO Warlock 2. Take Misty Visions and Mask of Many Faces.

low levels, skelies, spiders, wolves, zambonis, and a ringleader vampire lord

That's on you homeboy. Imagination is the one thing DnD requires the most that isn't provided for you. Imagine the fight in your head, imagine the players, where are they standing? How would you, as your character, approach and handle the various enemies? Sure, the end result is as a simple as saying, I attack (19) and deal (1d6+3) damage, but that's not the fun part. I force my players to describe how they attack, what their character is doing, and how they respond to things happening to them. I force them to say I, instead of my character. It's weird and they hate it at first, but after a while it really breeds this immersion and sense of connection that simply announcing attacks doesn't do.

Literally anything other than champion or warlock

>I want to do things at will besides at will things

>sunlight sensitivity
>evil race
That's why

Wizard. Possibly take a dip into warlock so you make sure you have short rest spell slots. Focus a bunch on a versatile spell school like Illusions. Don't even take any attack cantrips for extra challenge.

Gold to ticket conversion rates that are INSANE! A house of mirrors, but some of them make you look taller or shorter! A freak show with some rather unpleasant characters that give quite the fright! A ferris wheel that is uncomfortably large and slow! PLAYERS BEWARE YOU'RE IN FOR A SCARE!

Homebrew them so they aren't the mortal enemies of all dwarves and surface dwellers, or have a difficult rp challenge.

Villagers dresses as zombies who startle you, but aren't allowed to touch you.

You know that doesn't actually get rid of the core problem of just attacking every turn, right?

A haunted house, when they enter the doors SLAM SHUT.

They aren't locked, in fact they open right away, but the house is in a different place

Dwarves in general are hard to play. If you're minmaxing, the stat spread is only good for one or two classes, while if you're RPing, people don't run underdark campaigns nearly enough to justify a Duergar.

>thegeniusinc.com/dd-monster-maker-download/
Thanks user

here's the Spiritlord Druid circle that's on DMsguild and is supposed to be a companion to ToA, just because I believe in this board

Woops!
HERE IT IS

Pact of the Chain warlock.

You will eldritch blast every turn, but while you're doing that, your imp is tying bootlaces together, setting traps, etc.