Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Void wounds can't melt mortal shields edition.

Previous >Warhammer Community news(Forge World Preview: The First Ever Primaris Super-heavy)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/12/forge-world-preview-the-first-ever-primaris-super-heavy/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=tS51VhDSeQM&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Imperial Guard codex (thanks anons)
>epub
mega.nz/#!lfR2RL4Q!Hgfv6ah0Q_lo90V4VMpZ79fVhu3erKCTR8SQ-5lGJVc
>pdf
mega.nz/#!30pVCIzI!weouWfwAWkijYm0EhBaLe2_aVc0FErVOcszvwmMCc7o

Which cat are you?

2nd for genestealers are a meme that only succeed in casual games

New to 40k, reading through the pdfs. I know the blue line crossing out rules means they've been errata'd, but how do i find out what the errata is?

Tzeentch cat is just a normal cat

>Slaanesh is a Cornish Rex
>Not a Turkish Angora

Tzeentch all day everyday. Birds and moons for life.

Nurgle.

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP

Perfect.

That should tell you something.

So it's that time to start a new army. This idea has been floating around in my head for awhile. Freebooterz Orks with looted Raiders for Trukks

Have you seen cats they are basically minor tzeentch daemons.

That's what he wants you to believe.

Probably not that strong, but sounds fun.

YES

>tfw nids were never good in 8th
>they just seemed good since all we're used to is being shit
>mfw the codex is actually the weakest of them all but the nid playtesters think its OP as fuck because they've never played nids at any level that wasnt shit

Made that mistake once already, thanks. Legs+base is a seperate part on all of those save the Arquebus team, and while I'm not exactly looking forward to painting those batch painting the rest should be possible. Leadbelcher spray + Nuln/Agrax combo takes care of most of the crevices around the backpacks and under the gun arms, it's just the robes there that might be a problem.

I'll see how it goes. If it doesn't work I'll go to 4 pieces per model and do the arms seperate as well.

>Not fat enough
>Not sultry, pierced, tattooed or degenerate enough
>Not large or ragged enough
>Not weird enough. Should at least have been a tall, egyptian-looking cat.

This is from the official GW website for Trukks.

Tzeentch is the God of change, change is the essence of chaos, the world is chaos, tzeentch is effectively the God of normality.

How does SftS and seize the intiative interact?

I would think that during deployment you dedicate units to use SftS, then after seize but before the turn begins you get to place your dudes.

This means you get to place your SftS units with absolute knowledge of who is going to take the first turn.

Slaanesh should be a incredible sweet looking obese cat, everyone pets him and feeds him and loves him.

Why don't we see Canon examples of orks using eldar and tau tech?

To be fair hive guard lists backed up by exocrines and malanthrope are in the middle-slightly lower echelon of 40k armies. They're not as bad as tau, necrons or mono GK/Deathwatch

The best way to have your ork freebooter ride into combate.

>Check the Trukk page
>Half the user submitted images are just looted transports from other factions
You Ork players are alright

You gotta give them credit they take looting very seriously.

When will Cawl's heretical hand be stayed?

This user here. So, is it a good idea? I see that there are very different views on that. I thought that GS spam of 3x 10-men units or 2x 20 buffed by broodlords would be a playable option. Also having a big ugly Trygon on the table won't hurt me I guess.

Yep. In ahriman's trilogy, there is a demon cat guide.

I only own two actual trukk models despite having eight trukks

It will probably never EVER happen but I dream of the day GW actual makes rules for looting other factions vehicles again.

So, what can Reivers do that Assault marines can't?

Basically. Also, do not listen to anyone saying that genestealers should not be taken or that CQC nids are dead - those would be trolls.

So could someone answer me on what color the thousand sons are. I heard that the ones allied with Magnus still use pre heresy colors while the ones that went with Ahriman are the ones who painted themselves blue. Is this true or are they all just blue?

>Tfw play nids
>tfw also play mono-GKs
JUST KILL ME NOW
Why are my armies always the shit ones...

Theoretically they can make big elite dudes run away I think is the idea behind them.

I don't know about Assault Marines, but Reivers do that -1 Ld debuff and can throw anti-overwatch grenades.

They aren't manlets.
Also 2 wounds and 3 attacks per model

Yup, with what we know right now that should work fine.

So I have a huge army from my youth (I was 16) that I am entirely repainting to be thousand sons. Normal marines will be headcannon warband hangers on, I also got like 30 rubric marines for a nice rubric core.

Wish me good luck painting lads. I am not an expert but I try.

On an unrelated note, do we have any idea when the thousand sons codex is coming out?

GK is meh, but Nids are fine. Just bring them Hordes and Genestealers.

Genestealers backed up by a Broodlord casting Catalyst on them with a Trygon Prime bringing in even more are amazing, and will eat anything but a Guard army. Tyranids are actually really good with melee Nids right now, don't listen to the shitposters who are saying otherwise.

actually be decent in combat. milk codkids for money

be ugly

>Nids are mid-to-low-tier
Why do you feel the need to lie to people?

Completely wrong. All post-heresy thousand sons are blue, inlcuding magnus.

There was a warband led by a former TS sorcerer in the ahriman novels who wanted to "repent" and destroy the legion and he used the pre-heresy red.

They were called the brotherhood of dust.

how much would a normal sized tau army cost?

Stun grenades

Holy shit what are people not getting?
10 man units die before combat.
20 man units get halved before combat due to overwatch or otherwise then proceed to die after overkilling whatever useless chaff is thrown at them.

They are all blue. Maybe handful of sorcs from back in the day keep their red color for nostalgia's sake.

You see, is a prime example of what you should be ignoring.

Everyone is mid-to-low tier when you're playing guard

Ok I figured as such I just wanted to be sure.

WE RAPE WE DANCE WE KILL WE PRANCE

Okay, that's sadly true.

First for DARK ANGELS ARE GAY ! DO YOU HEAR ME ? GAAAAY !

How many armies is too much in your opinion? In the year I have been playing, I made a fully fleshed out SM and DG army, but my Necrons and TS are lacking 800 and 1200ish respectively. I'm now debating between making an IG or AdMech army, but my Necrons are making me guilty because they were my first army and they are in a horrible state in terms of being unpainted and mostly warriors. What should I do?

Oh my bad, nids are good when you're playing at GW against 11 year olds with primaris marine armies.

Get a fucking clue.. I need to stop giving the people of 40k gens so much credit as to make intelligent decisions on point allocation. The good tyranid units stay on your own board edge, dedicating close to 500 points to fuck off and die on your opponents edge is a waste. Trust me, I used to think trygon or swarmlord with genes was a good idea when 8th came out too but I saw how poorly they perform against competent opponents.

they're just Catholic, like me

fuck you

The grenades and extra attacks are nice but not having the option to take flamers or special melee weapons on the sargent is stupid. Plus they get expensive and the jump pack of the assault marines does the same as the grapnel launcher and grav chutes and gives them more mobility, which these guy lack

Man I want a looted vehicle from an entirely different mini game.

Their primarch is named after a gay poet.

At least they are all very loyal and always have been.

Slaanesh? Khorne when nobody is around?

underrated
also I actually quite enjoyed that movie

Maybe if your shit at the game. GS can move an average of 17.5" per turn. if you deploy them all the way up, then statistically you should be able to charge something turn one. Use swarmies move again power if you're opponent placed everything really far away or something

>catholic

Anyone know a good place to get silly pirate hats for my Orks?
I'm sorry what? How much money have you dropped on this game? I've been playing for two~ years and only have one fucking army just barely above 2000k points.

2x15 is the best use of 30. With MSU you basically have to go all out, but you can semi-blob with 15 passably. They will be somewhat vulnerable to being taken below 10 compared to 20 man units, but honestly they're no less risky than any other footsloggers, considering how fast they are.

But they're the second best chapter at capturing the angry space monk aesthetic.

But how can Lion be gay if he's so loyal? Checkmate, athiests.

What movie is it?

~t. heretic

By being loyal out of geyness

I'm a Loyalist dog.

I currently own only two armies (GKs and Nids), and am working towards a third atm (Mantis Warrior SMs).
I plan my army list to 2000 points. Once I have 2k, I rate the army as "finished". With the point changes to both my GKs and Nids, I'm still playing around with the final build of my list, but honestly will probably sell the models I dont use/want anymore.
I personally probably wont get any more armies after this, since I'd also have the problem of never getting around to playing with all of them.
I think 3 armies is a nice solid build. You have enough room for different playstyles, painschemes and models, while at the same time, if you only go to 2kish points, you wont bog yourself down with a huge backlog either.

Pentagon wars, it's about the development of the Bradley

also me

worse C of E (not by choice)

This is an oxymoron of the highest caliber. Lion is definitely not the gay and is second best Primarch only below Sanguinius.

Loyal to the DICK

>They're not as bad as mono GK

But I've still only lost one game with my GK since the launch of 8th, and that is with playing one game every week.
If that is "shit tier codex" in 40k at the moment then that is good enough for me.

Not for a good while yet, I think.

*blocks your path*

I got another wombo combo off yesterday boys

>fighting a guardfag that has some Admech Knight that's pretty scary
>go around contesting him with objectives
>big fourth turn, I'm mopping his dudes up nicely but that Knight is a menace and I've completely ignored it
>it bears down on the primary objective with all my vehicles and anti armor dead, it's up to the lads now

>zap a squad of the lads with the +1 atk power from my weird boy, he kills himself with that waaagh energy, but sacrifices gotta be made
>Full Squad of slugga boys make a running charge and bubble rap the thing (only 27 made it in after OW)
>Waaagh Banner makes his charge from the back
>Ghazzy close enough to the lads to give them the buff

Lets do some math

Slugga boys have 3 attacks base

Ghazzy give them +1 on the charge

Waaaghlad power gives them another +1

Having 20+ lads in the unit gives them ANOTHER +1

Banner makes them hit on a 2+

With the lads completely wrapping this thing they got all of their attacks off on it. All 156 of them. The Bossnob with the PK had 6 attacks hitting on 3+ as well.

My opponent was kind of dumbstruck when he realized 1 squad of ork boys had oneshot his Knight.

>mfw

That movie was hilarious. The sick part is how much of it was actually true.

They can screech autisticallyn and make the enemy flee that way.

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I want to adopt and nurture Nurgle kitty.

It would look less hideously generic with a properly gaudy 40k paint scheme, rather than just having the chapter colours as peripheral trim. I really question some of FW's paint schemes, they tend towards too much pseudo-realism.

And does this whole tank scream looted Tau tech to anyone else?

Post dudes/armies.

It's a fantastic film, and underrated in terms of how relevant it is today with all the DoD boondoggles that really aren't adding to our effectiveness.

Like a new superheavy tank with no transport capacity in an army comprised of super soldiers =

>156 S4 attacks hitting on 2+

I WANNA GET OFF GORK AND MORKS WILD RIDE

Rolled 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2 = 9 (6d3)

Oh no! this R'Varna has just directly targeted your warlord with its submunition cannons!
Can he/she/it survive?

Kitty Nurgle will bring the Toxoplasmosis of Love into your heart.

Orks might not be amazing, but when Gork and Mork align the stars for them they are absolutely disgusting.

Rolled 1, 6, 5, 3, 1, 2, 1, 2, 4 = 25 (9d6)

>one of the most advanced suits in the empire
>4+ bs

Rolled 5, 4, 2 = 11 (3d6)

pfft, what was that?

Anyone can help with building a standard tau list. I would like to know what units should be taken, which are to be avoided.

The front and the rest of that vehicle just look like they have no business being part of the same tank.

I've seen children build more appealing looking tanks out of cardboard.

I used to have a cat like the Khorne one. He was a good boy despite his temper and outward appearance.