CYOAG

Shitty things edition

previous thread >Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14130075
youtube.com/watch?v=IoQdx8F5nxw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The fact you can choose semblances that are a copy off the actual show's characters' is a bit weird imho. Isn't the point of the cyoa to imagine yourself interacting with them? How are they going to react when they realise you have their semblance?

people can have the same semblance, the Schnee semblance is hereditary for example

not to mention that you are given yours through magical fuckery anyways

So if you pick the available semblance, you are related to the character somehow through magic fuckery.

Slut

I added some new options, reworded pieces and changed around a few costs.
Unless I missed something big I consider it done.

>you are related to the character somehow through magic fuckery.
no, Yang and Adam have the same semblance more or less, no relation between them

its based on personality in most cases, and magic in this one (the being that brings you to remnant gives you one)

Are they the exact same, though? The show itself has several similar-but-different semblances (Blake vs Sun, for example), common themes that work out differently based on the particular character's style, even among unrelated characters. I'll grant you that the speed one looks a little too close for comfort, though.

I again have to ask about the whole "no godlike powers" and autopilot implementation. Why is it so necessary?

With Role III, you could self-insert as an A-Lister--let's say Superman, since his powerspread is basically everything forbidden.

We can be Superman and we have full agency over what we can do, but in order to actually do any of it we have to zone out and go on autopilot...why? That doesn't actually accomplish anything mechanically, it only makes the experience less enjoyable. Superman is hyperintelligent and has a basic grounding in alien tech, but we don't actually know any of what he'd know. We just know that he would know it, so we can go autopilot/spectator mode and have the character be intelligent before we jump back in. The effect is exactly the same, it's just clunkier and less enjoyable.

Why do this whole song and dance? Is there something I'm missing?

They'll think "hey, we've got similar semblances, neat". It's not uncommon for people to have similar powers. Like, Neon and Ruby both have speed-boosting semblances, that's not anything weird. Blake and Sun can both summon clones. Yang and Adam both store up energy from attacks hitting them to empower their own (though Yang's is an all-around boost while Adam releases it in single iaido slashes). Emerald and Neo can both cast illusions. It's a big world, you're going to get overlap in semblances.

One last dungeon for the road, this one a kitchy novelty dungeon.

>Not even a single locked door, much less shittons of fake keys floating around the shop
>No way to stop adventurers from sharing the nuances of your dungeon
shit/10

CAPITALISM HO!

post oc

Maybe it's to preserve your sense of self? Having your thought processes change can change quite a lot of things you might want to keep as they are to still be yourself.

Literally went ahead and put this together

Like, imagine choosing to be a million year old character. If you really know all they know then your own life will be just a tiny speck compared to the character's.

Million years of memories would fuck your brain up

Fuck
Pc decided to make two different versions wtf

I can post a WIP n a few hours, that counts as OC, right?

That hasn't been OC for a long time.

>Sword
>Revolver
>Tank

>Saber + Waifu
Double magic, time for a rescue mission.

Would you like a headpat?

>Alone
>No weapons
All I want in this world, is to punch waifus

Shh. No OC before I've had my coffee.

Your offer makes me sad.
Because there will never be an actual headpat.

Dumb frogs

Putting up this strawpoll again to hopefully get some more answers.

strawpoll.me/14130075

Can i haz headpats now?

The CYOA specifies your dungeon will grow over time as you acquire more DP, so this shows that.

It's mostly an immersion thing for me; I have a hard time seeing the human mind actually grasping the complexities of various powers. To cast a spell or use some special ability I don't necessarily think you need to grasp exactly how they work.

With godlike powers however you can do anything, so you need to understand how everything works as well, and dumping all the complexities of the laws that governs a universe into your head seems extreme. If you on the other hand can use them without understanding them then you could indirectly give yourself all the powers of the other choices making most of the CYOA pointless.

The thing is sort of that the powers become less immersive the more powerful they are, and I find that mostly fine myself. I didn't intend the whole autopilot thing to be completely automatic it's just to handle what's beyond the human mind.

>Saber
>SAS & QCQ
I MUST KILL FAST BUT BULLETS ARE TOO SLOW

*pats your head in the way it counts*

Fuck off.

>strawpoll.me/14130075
Repost the CYOA and I'll answer.

REVOLER
TANK
SABER

DRIVE ME CLOSER

My copies of the pages are too big.

repostan

Name: Otto Schwartz

Path: Born Hunter (90)
Race: Male
Starting location: Beacon Academy: Vale

Semblance: Juggernaut
Gifts: Boundless Strength (70), Endless Energy (50), Unrivaled Agility (30), Aura of Fear (20), Beacon of Ferocity (10)
Talents: Bladesmaster (-20)

Weapons:
Melee (Axe)- (900) "Sever"
>Dust Compatibility (800)
>Weight Enhancement (750)
>Masterwork (650)
>Stylish (600)
>Dust Infusion (300)

Miscellaneous Items:
Scroll (300)
Armor (200)
Dust Stock x2 (100)
Grappling Hook (0)

Drawbacks:
Outcast (+20 points)

What the future holds:
They Come at Night
The Tournament
The Hounds
>Missions
The Tournament: An opportunity to prove ones strength to the whole world. Perfect!
They Come at Night: The cowards skulk and sneak the shadows, but they shall taste cold steel all the same
The Hounds: Protecting a traitor? what imbecile ordered this mission? what do they mean its not optional?

Team:
Lutz Eisenblut
Tian Konpeki
Rouge Le'chance
>companions
Lutz: A fellow fighter, albeit unrefined strength. He'll prove himself when needed, he better.
Tian: She may be inexperienced, but there is potential in her- under my guidance she will become a great Hunter.
Rouge: An arrogant haughty snot, shell see just how much better he is soon enough.

Nemesis: Shahor The Ravager
So he thinks HES strong eh? wait till he sees me!

Team: R.O.T.E

I already made that reference you fag

Not a problem I can solve for you. I don't recall who I picked, and I'm sure many don't. Willing to take another look, but if someone has to go find it it's not going to be me.

I don't care about you or whatever you do

Why is she so perfect?

Lüster von Sterling
Background: Silver Spoon
Semblance: Attrition (Juggernaut variant)

Gifts:
Boundless Strength - 20

Talents:
Medic - 30
Engineer - 30

Weapons:
Prosthetic Arms x 2 - 800
Weight Enhancement x 2 - 100
Blaster Augs x 2 - 500

Equipment:
Scroll - 0

Drawbacks:
Hunted - 100
Second Rate - 100

Herr von Sterling has little confidence in his abilities. Less than a year ago he lost one arm in an accident. His family, wealthy investors in the Atlesian military-industrial complex, spared no expense in replacing both the stump and the remaining intact arm. They were eager to test out the latest improvements in robotics and the youngest von Sterling took little convincing.
He agreed, thinking that the new arms would give him more confidence in his abilities. They didn't. In fact, he soon found out that they diminished his aura and semblance. His semblance, which ramped up the power of his strikes as a fight went on, now took much longer to kick in. His aura became pitifully weak and had to be augmented by a built-in generator in his arms, and even that wasn't enough to make up for what he lost.
Regardless, the arms are immensely powerful, striking with the force of a Beringel, and are able to fire energy blasts at range. They are incredibly useful, and that hasn't escaped notice by his family's competitors. Corporate espionage is a thing. So are corporate assassination and kidnapping, interestingly enough. And to be in the defence industry is to live in a cutthroat world where anything goes.

This isn't relevant and getting annoying.

But as it's written, you do that for literally every superhuman ability. Wanna flex that super strength? Time for a VR cutscene. Are you Taylor from Worm? You don't actually control the bugs, you just zone out and they do exactly what they would've done if you could control bugs. Telepathy? Instead of having an actual conversation, you watch yourself having a conversation like it's theater. Harry Potter magic? Too bad, you can't actually cast a single spell--but you can watch as your character does exactly what you would do if you could.

What's the purpose? Clearly, the author has some specific concern in mind.

As for the whole knowledge point, that actually does make sense, nice catch. But I've seen that issue handled better before in ways that don't...strip the fun. One of the ways I've seen this done is that you don't actively know everything the character knows, but you can...well, you can instantly hit up their memory like it's a library as needed and get the facts without attached emotion.

Isn't that from the CYOA in question?

Prime hunter material, muscle-headed thug, bully- Otto is all of these things and more depending on who you ask. In truth all of the accusations placed at his door hold merit in some capacity, Otto enjoys conflict- both causing and partaking in it, and is'nt beyond picking on others towards that goal. Although he prefers if his target has some fight in it, the challenge is what makes it fun after all.

Raised from a young age that a Hunter must be pure, untamed strength- the iron to shield the realms of man- Otto was subjected to strict training and harsh discipline, forged into his families vision of a great Hunter. In battle he wields his ancestral greataxe "sever" (although in truth it is closer to a guillotine on a pole) a mighty weapon wielded by his ancestor- a general during the great war. Despite its hefty size and daunting weight Otto wields it with the skill and artistry others might wield a rapier.

A tenacious and stubborn man, Otto never backs down from a challenge- and is always eager to prove himself as strong- often coming off as arrogant and combative to others. Intimidating in both stature and demeanor most keep a wide berth from him, not that he minds what the weak and cowardly think.

You have so much in common with it.

>*pats your head in the way it counts*
No physical headpat was felt. There is no one but me in my room. Your words are false.

nope

Ah, that makes sense. Complete sense--makes it all solid, in fact. Is there any chance you could clarify the wording regarding godlike powers and autopilot in the text, 'cuz I'm sure I'm not the only one with that issue.

Oh right it's from a CYOA that is actually good and has decent waifus

Reposting because I forgot to add pic last time.
Isran Malva - 20 - Lynx Faunus
Path: No Past, Strange Land.
Semblance: Blank Slate - Consonance
Through her melodies and her chants, Malva is able to control small packs of lesser Grimm or a single greater Grimm. She can only exert her control as long as her targets are able to hear her songs.

Gifts:
Beacon of hope (90)
Bastion of Will (80)
Paragon of Beauty (70)
Exemplar of Intelligence (60)

Talents:
Tactician (30)
Medic (0)

Drawbacks:
Fated (400)

Equipment:
Combination (1100)
Silverbeak (Rapier + Violin's Bow)
Custom (600)
Violin.

Upgrades:
Masterwork (500)
Stylish (450)

Items:
Scroll
Survival gear (250)
Armor (150)
Outfit (140)

Challenges:
Deep in the Wild it Stirs
The Father of Death
Light up the Night

Teammates:
Natasha Grunwert
Lapis Sandway
Cerna Von Auric

Foe:
It That Speaks

Malva is quite a peculiar individual. Calm, peaceful and prefers fixing wounds to causing them. Her violin is possibly her most prized possesion, made of painted hardwood with silver accents and strings made from Grimm fur, yet she doesn't seem to recall where she got it from. All she knows is that everytime she plays it, those around her become docile and, if they're Grimm, they even become submissive to her. Humans and faunus are not particularly affected, due to the very nature of the strings. Despite her relaxed demeanor, one thing you can be certain is that she'll be the last to back off from a fight, regardless of the odds.

You need to look beyond the physical for the true headpat in your heart.

I think he meant to pat your delicate parts since that is the only patting that Really counts

Okay, got them smaller.

After y'all get your minds refreshed, vote in the strawpoll.

I can't do the impossible, I can't see the invisible, I'm not particularly good at rowing, and fighting the power is either too hard or complicated or I just don't know how to do it.

But yours will be the drill to pierce the heavens.

Just skip to the companions and post a link to his deviantart

Then you'll just have to settle for imperceptible headpats happening to you while you're unaware. Sorry user.

Companions are on pages two and three, so I might as well have started with page one.

Anons i recently bought a skullcandy Crusher Headset and it is fucking mindblowingly good, the bass is literally tickling my ears

I didn't pick any. I also never actually finished my build, because I could never come up with answers for the questions on page 5, it felt weirder than normal in waifu building.

Official thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=IoQdx8F5nxw

Takana

Will update the CYOA itself later.

Godlike = Basically having access to every power but with no clear boundaries between one power and another.
Autopilot = Handles parts of actions to make a role being easier to get into, so when casting a spell you may be the one saying the magic words and flicking the wand while the autopilot handles building up the mana and shaping it.

Go back in your cave, Tok.

He's Nowhere near Tok's level of Baiting.
Tok is a Master Baiter.

I confirm

Oddly fitting. I can almost hear Tok in the background.

>Tok
>Master anything

It is the ideal music for a thread where people slowly descend into madness

What gave me away?

I remember I made a magical girl sentai team, so I had several companions. Here are my reactions going through now, though I confess I don't know why it's important.

I will add my "yes"es to the strawpoll.

Symbi: No; Skipped past ridiculous breasts
Angela: No; I don't like mind-fuckery
Star: No. Cute enough, shitty perks.
Jean: No. Ok, but insufficiently cute.
Hylie. No. too skinny.
Celeste: Yes. Attractive proportions, cute, good personality, good perks.
Boxxy: Yes. Good skills and independence; attractive.
Cecelia: No. Close call, because perk 2 is great, but not a fan of stoners.
Morticia: No. Boring perk, uninspiring picture.
Bliss: Yes. Partly because top tier author, but useful perks and cute.
Athena: No. Absurd breast size.
Minuet: No. Don't like mind-fuckery.
Jane: No, absurd breast size
Makise: Yes. Attractive, cute, great magical girl.
Zoey: Breasts are at least human-sized, if very very large, but not otherwise inspired by her.
Beri: No, slimegirls are trash.
Wynne: Yes. Perk 2 is one of the most abusable things on here. Erasing news reports or propaganda. Clone thing is pretty cool. Cute.
Achelle: No; ugly picture. I'm shallow.
Callie: No Eh, fine, but not inspiring.
Vixine: Yes; cute, like her personality
Rose: No, stupid alien breasts
Aki: No. If it was the pic shown, maybe, but stats say "34F" breasts. Look back and forth between those stats and the pic.
Shiroma: No, loli
Andrea: No, psycho
Shana: Yes, one of my favorites. I want to be friends with her.
Hera: No, high maintainance brain problem.
Dorothy: Yes; perks are great, cute.
Enoki: No, too slutty for me.

>55838572
Nobody else would bother saving your shitpost.
Not even gonna give a (You) now that it's confirmed.

You are always around after all

Obviously the ring, because independence and purpose is more crucial to identity than genitals.

Nice. I liked all the dungeon images from the last thead and wish I could do one, but my computer is busted and I am not going to even attempt doing on on a phone.

I would normally agree, but i really don't want to be a woman

>but not a fan of stoners
The fuck we do to you?
We just wana chill.

Where is that gif even from

>We just wana chill.
And you're welcome to do so... over there.
If I'm choosing a friend or a romantic partner, I'll pass.

Fuck...

This made me nostalgia way too hard.

Fair enough m8. I'll be here blazed off my ass looking for the perfect show.