/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous thread Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Since anons liked Ranger CYOA last thread, let's start with another of feathersnake's in the same vein. (1/2)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14141386
pastebin.com/cRnK5C1P
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

(2/2)

>OC OC OC OC OC OC OC
Let me know how it is!

But isn't waifu a contaminated term nowadays? I mean even normalfags use waifu to refer to their actual 3D girlfriends

Final version of this for a long time. Input will still be taken, but will be written down for a future date if I revisit this. Enjoy.

ChangeLog 1.1
* Many low powered gifts were reduced in cost by 1.: Curse of Literalism, Gift of Giving, A Field Guide, Favorable Genetics, No More Mood Swings, Call of the Waves, There’s No Place Like Home, A Golden Cap, Feast of the Forest, Sailing the Worlds, There And Back Again, It Doesn't Have To Be A Bus
* Implied that you can visit other lives once you are a Reader
* Several spelling/grammar/clarification
* Few changes/additions to waitlist

Ohhh, tough choice between Aqua and Tera

Terra is best girl, fite me IRL

Aqua a best.

Messed Up Waifu!

>this is OC btw

Scooby-chan. Health is key.

Also, her being disappointed if you stay inside all day isn't a drawback, that's just extra motivation!

>well liked
>Tok
I mean sure it was well liked enough before the end but after the end everyone hates you buddy
2 this still mostly has personality options

penguin afterlife CYOA when

If you take Butler and dream I Shall Wear Midnight, who do you get as your bizzarely competent individual?

Theimatically someone like Vimes or Carrot is perfect, but I imagined it being Ridicully or Moist von Lipwig and I can't stop laughing.

Ripptoe-sama, Won't even bother reading the rest

Protagonist-kun

>Reverse trap
>Competitive
>Somewhat new like me
>Stares at me

whats not to like?

Narratively it will depend on what your goals are. If you're going to actually become a witch, probably an unusually active Granny Weatherwax would suit. If you're going to become a Wizzard, then Ridcully will take you under his wing, sure! Generally just hanging out in/about Ankh-Morpork, then either Vimes, or if you're really lucky/unlucky, Ventinari.

Grape-kun now lives in the kemono friends universe.

>Horned/winged helmets
>Into the trash it goes.

>If you're going to actually become a witch, probably an unusually active Granny Weatherwax would suit.
That's a perfect example, since she takes a pretty active role in mentoring Tiffany. Same thing with Vimes to Carrot, even while dealing with a magic-eating dragon.

>Ventinari as your mentor
Utterly terrifying as it would be effective. He'd be such a great mentor you'd never even notice him doing it. Possibly he wouldn't even notice himself, given how good he is at letting situations just play themselves out.

Merchant build

Dagfinn Haalfdan

STA: 1
PHC: 2
RAC:1
TGH: 2
TRA: 1+1+1+1
SMA: 1+1+1+1
MYS: 0

Job and proficients
>Merchant
>>Finances
>>Riding
>>Sailing
>>Leadership
>>Friendship (boon from Baldr)

Patron God
>Baldr
>>More business opportunities.

Runic Power
>Youth

Items: 5+2
1. Eitr
2. Sons of Sleipnir
3. Cauldron of Eldrimnir
4. Chainmail

Companions 4
1. Reginleif - Shieldmaiden - FUCKING VALKYRIE capable to rise EINHERJAR
2. Asa - Spirit Healer
3. Ihana - Archer, food, translator, tracking, and trapping
4. Yrsa - Ranger, Dark Elves

An adventurous merchant exploring Vinland around, while at the same time helping the Valkryie achieved her objectives.
Strolling places to places conducting business, riding on the sons of Sleipnir, making money and building vast networks. Food too shall be no problem, logistic is never a concern.
Not gonna stand out too much in society, but slowly amassing enough fortune for many generations.
Probably gonna be a good selfless merchant who either buy all slaves and ask them to work on my farm to raise wheat. The slaves will receive pay, and can purchase their freedom after sufficient time. Or if they wish, they can join my company and expedition to work as free man and woman.
Then with my bottomless cauldron, I can at least lessen the hunger problem in the harsh iceland.
My companions itself should be a sight to behold. No warriors would be crazy enough when they behold a Valkyrie walking among my group.
Eventually marry a beautiful woman, retire with enough lands, friends around table, with my boys inheriting my skills.

Such is the simple life of Dagfinn Haalfdan.

Mostly for archiving purposes, but maybe somebody would want to make a build too.

Merchant build

Dagfinn Haalfdan

PHC: 2
TRA: 1+1+1+1
SMA: 1+1+1+1
MYS: 0

Job and proficients
>Merchant
>>Finances
>>Riding
>>Sailing
>>Leadership
>>Friendship (boon from Baldr)

Patron God
>Baldr
>>More business opportunities.

Runic Power
>Youth

Items: 5+2
1. Eitr
2. Sons of Sleipnir
3. Cauldron of Eldrimnir
4. Chainmail

Companions 4
1. Reginleif - Shieldmaiden - FUCKING VALKYRIE capable to rise EINHERJAR
2. Asa - Spirit Healer
3. Ihana - Archer, food, translator, tracking, and trapping
4. Yrsa - Ranger, Dark Elves

An adventurous merchant exploring Vinland around, while at the same time helping the Valkryie achieved her objectives.
Strolling places to places conducting business, riding on the sons of Sleipnir, making money and building vast networks. Food too shall be no problem, logistic is never a concern.
Not gonna stand out too much in society, but slowly amassing enough fortune for many generations.
Probably gonna be a good selfless merchant who either buy all slaves and ask them to work on my farm to raise wheat. The slaves will receive pay, and can purchase their freedom after sufficient time. Or if they wish, they can join my company and expedition to work as free man and woman.
Then with my bottomless cauldron, I can at least lessen the hunger problem in the harsh iceland.
My companions itself should be a sight to behold. No warriors would be crazy enough when they behold a Valkyrie walking among my group.
Eventually marry a beautiful woman, retire with enough lands, friends around table, with my boys inheriting my skills.

Such is the simple life of Dagfinn Haalfdan.

Also, I've been posting wip for months, so can't even call it fresh OC now

Well whats to like

>Reverse traps are gay
>Competitive girls are trash sub girls are better
>So
>being this much of a faggot

>Merchant build

Still missing half of the text, but closer to finish.
You ever read my cyoa, Tok?

I don't read WIPs. If it's finished Ill give it a read later.

wrong image...

BEST GIRL?

strawpoll.me/14141386

Would probably be a nice addition to make combination perks when choosing the elemental guardian option, like lava powers when choosing earth and fire or something

Well my old build is still waiting for that sweet sweet DLC but i want to know how exactly how does the life support field works

Aqua or Terra.

Igni would be irritating and Aura is uncontrollable.

Terra.

>waifu that cannot be controlled
Unacceptable.

Rippetoe-sama sounds good.

What was the right one?

>TFW you want to waifu terra and aqua but you can only waifu one

Here's a cyoa:

You see a post on /cyoa/ of a supposed author that asks readers to give their opinion on what length of CYOA should they make next from the options he presents:
(Choose one)

1) A short and simple CYOA,

>A textier two-page CYOA
this one

Option 2, I think. But 3 might have better waifus.

Is option 3 DTF? If so then 3

The author delivers the CYOA eventually then.

(OC)

Option two. Anything that can be skimmed is too boring.

>Huscarl (+1 TGH)

>Veteran warrior x2 (+2 PHC)
>Leadership Prof x1 (+1 SMA)
>Friendship prof

Patron God :

>Odin (+1 MYS)

STATS:

Physical combat: 4
Ranged combat: 1
Toughness: 3
Tradesman: 1
Smarts: 2
Mysticism: 1

RUNIC POWER:

>Youth

EQUIPMENT

>Helmet
>Svalinn
>Surtr's fragment

COMPANION

>Harald the Great
>Helga

And thus with unbreakable shield, flaming sword and a sensible helmet, the saga of Aeric the Eternal begins.

Obviously Aqua and Terra most popular by a mile; though Igna has at least one vote in the strawpoll. Interesting; I guess not too surprising, given their low-key nature and the audience. Not a bad thing!

Maybe; my goal was to keep this as simple as possible, and I wouldn't want to expand the size. I think combination powers can be inferred, though. For example, being able to control both fire and earth would naturally let you control lava flows. Thanks for the input, though!

Basically, its a skill you can use on any ally and they don't die if hp reaches 0, but knocked out until battle end.

Because you skim it.

I skim it because it's short and boring as hell. If I don't need more than the name of the option to know what it's about I don't need to read the rest.
See for an example.

Can be used only one or multiple times?

90% of authors here wouldn't be able to pass a highschool literature class. I appreciate their efforts but I appreciate it even more when they can honestly evaluate their skills and cut down on writing as much as possible so as to not embarrass themselves and drive away readers with walls of barely legible text.

I'm ESL by the way.

This looks hella fun. Gonna play it later at home.

Does anyone here discuss traditional choose your own adventure stories? I remember reading some decent fantasy cyoa books when I was younger and have been considering writing one myself

Good thing no one chose option one. I like short cyoas, but that one came out pretty bad.

You're out of points, /cyoag/, but I'll post the other two later.

We don’t discuss anything. Only shitpost

Pretty much never, no.

No, sorry.

The cyoa here actually has them in it, ironically enough, so your timing is good. I've never seen them actively discussed here though.

All gadgets, unless used by Officer class that gets 1+ charge to all gadgets, or are melee gadgets that get extra charges from other melee gadgets, can be used once per battle.

pastebin.com/cRnK5C1P

CYOA novels aren't really the focus of this thread. It's more of a user-generated content writing prompt mess. I mean, I think CYOA books and gamebooks would be germane to Veeky Forums, but they probably deserve their own thread.

I like it. Good, simple and pretty kickass.

Defense site:
Neid Foods.

Drawbacks:
Nocturnal (+5)
Cerebral Lifeline (+5)

Companions:
Lily (22)
Huan (20)
Eva (16)
Camille (13)
Bell (10)
Ansa (5)

Infrastructure:
Food Supplies (5)
Ammunition (3)
Rainwater system (0)

>take To Give To the Poor, No More Mood Swings
>Go be an animorph
>Be hyper competent child-terrorist shitting on alien invaders

I'm gonna make some extra reps for Arnold-tan next time.
I want to be Arnold-tan's ottermode little spoon.

>without access to your other powers

It's only without access to other powers if user actually takes the drawback "A Child Soldier". If you just take the "Animorphs" dream by itself, user can do exactly as described.

Thats if I want to get back 2 measley points for going it without those powers. Not worth it.

Also, The Cycle of Life would probably be required to make it out of Animorphs as well without becoming a suicidal wreck

Alright, let's fucking do this.

Class
>Skald

Abilities
>Friendship
>Languages
>Sailing
>Veteran

Patron God
>Thor

Runic Power
>Youth

Equipment (5 slots + 1 due to 2 TRA)
>Chainmail
>Helmet
>Shield
>Talisman
>Gram

Companion (2 SMA, so 2 slots)
>Eyfura
>King Gjuki

2 or 3.

Looks good I'll make a build tomorrow

I'll start with the Drawbacks

>Cerebral Lifeline (+5)
>Nocturnal (+5)
Extend End Time (+2)

That be 24

>Defense Site
Neid Foods Supermarket

>Companions
Lily (Free)
Huan (-2)
Hailey (-3)
Eva (-4)
Heidemarie (-3)

>Infrastructure
Surveillance System (-2)
Plumbing (-1)
Solar Panels (-3)
Ammunition (-2)
Rainwater Harvesting System (-3)
Bicycles (-1)

Dawn of the Dead, user edition

Stop being autistic, tok.
Roseanon never said they would include your autistic ass in their cyoa.

This is a bad sign

kek

St. Misunne Church Outpost say that Ivy is free, but there is no companion named as such.

I don't know, I'm willing to kick back and see where this leads. If nothing else it'll be good for a few chuckles at the image of Donald Trump the Archmage.

Is it supposed to be Genevieve? That fits the "church" theme

DSA?

>Defense site
Senbou high school

>Companions
Charlotte (free)
Eva (free)
Sui -4
Bell -3
Tama -2
Huan -2
Lily -2
Friendship is magic motherfucker.

>Infrastructure
Bycicles-1
Plumbing-1
Survellance system -2
Workshop-2
Solar panels-3
Rainwater harvesting-3
White chocolate crate (Lifetime supply my sweet tooth shall not be denied)

>Drawbacks
Extend end +2
Nocturnal +5
Magical girl mutation +6

Surpisingly i think this is going to be smooth sailing until the end, it almost feels kinda comfy.

I made an unkillable person with powerful companions

Occupation
>Skald

PHC: 3
TRA: 2
SMA: 4
MYS: 2

Job and proficients
Skald
>Veteran Warrior
>Friendship
>Sailing
>Leadership

Patron God
>Odin (the obvious choice)
>triple stamina, no need to eat or sleep

Runic Power
>Youth
>Rejuvination

Items: 5+1
1. Cauldron of Eldrimir (infinite food)
3. Tarnhelm (Invisibility)
4. Andvarinaut (Ring that creates its weight in gold every day)

Companions 4
1. Reginleif - Shieldmaiden - obvious choice, #1 front liner (cooking, tracking)
2. Melnir Oldbone - Wight, can't be killed #2 Front Liner (expert partier)
3. King Gruki, #3 Front Liner
4. Asa, mage (with front liner capabilities)

So I am essentially Immortal, (eternal youth, tripled stamina, rejuvenation from wounds at will, invisibility from helmet). My PC is really kind of a utility character, and the party will do most of the fighting. First thing we do is head backs to King Gurki's homeland where I use my invisibility helmet to sneak around until I get an opportunity assasinate his brother and any other claimants to his throne. This let's Gurki regain his crown. Because of I just did him a huge favor (and because of my friendship proficiency), Gurki throws me a bone and gives me command of a few dozen dwarven warriors, and we go our seperate ways. I use the passive income from the magic ring to keep everyone supplied and the magic cauldron to keep everyone fed.

(Part 1/?)

No Native American Magic?

I AM OFFENDED!

We really don't need this every thread

the only thing indians were good at was getting diseases and dying

is correct.
I noticed that along with a ton of spelling mistakes. I'm making CYOAs to improve my english, along with creative writing and photoshop.
Sorry.
Ivy was her original name, but I changed because it didn't felt right.

Oh, but there is one thing in the companions section that readers might think is a spelling mistake but it isn't.

Eh, i will get necrofauna to purchase internet access.

We don't need waifu cyoas every thread. But would you look at that?