>Trove:
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previous Thread
Question:
What archetype from Xanathar Guide to Everything are you most hyped about?
Do you think they'll make Bard of Whispers actually good?

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/NathanBStewart/status/918896885783347200
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_insulation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ectotherm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Storm Barbarian.

Reposting here for the user asking about magic items per level.
In White Plume Mountain in Tales from the yawning Portal, which is meant to level you up from 8 to 9, you find: Wave, Whelm and Blackrazor (legendary sentient weapons), spell scroll of fear, like 40,000 gp, spell scroll of hold person, potion of flying, potion of mind reading, 3 more spell scrolls, +1 chain, googles of night, stone of good luck, boots of striding and springing, potion of greater healing, scroll of protection, armour of vulnerability, ring of protection, ring of spell storing. That is 1 level worth in an official wizards module.

Witch Bolt
Casting time: 1 action
Range: 30 feet
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute
Make a spell attack against a creature, dealing 2d6 lightning damage on a hit. For the duration, as long as you gave a free hand or a focus, you may use your bonus action to make a spell attack against a creature within 30 feet, dealing 1d6 lightning damage on a hit. Against the initial target, this secondary attack hits automatically.
Damage increases by 1d6 on the initial attack per spell level, and 1d6 on the secondary attack every 2 spell levels.

Decided to do a quick Witch Bolt fix to make it less trash.

None because I'm a forever DM and it just means more classes I'll need to learn

Player wants to take revised ranger 4/kensai monk 5 for his level 9. Ive been handling UA multiclassing on a case by case basis. I know RR is frontloaded, but the player is arguing that 4 levels isnt a small dip, so the frontloaded features arent unbalanced

specifically I'm trying to tell him not to have the extra Natural Explorer features (intiative adv., no difficult terrain, attack adv against enemies on first turn)

hoping for Kensai Monk with better wording and less wasted monk features

Warlock was here.
Wizard a cuck.

My players successfully interrupted an evil druid ritual.

The druids are pissed, naturally.
What can I throw at them, that is not blights?

I don't wanna cheapen their victory over the ritual, they played it cleverly, but a cool combat would be nice at this point of the story.

>Barbarian is getting three paths
GISHFAGS BTFO AGAIN

mobile.twitter.com/NathanBStewart/status/918896885783347200

you really don't need to temper that combination. He'll be less effective than a 9th level barbarian. Don't tell him that, but it's the truth.

Twisted animals under the control of the druids pursuing them

if you allowed him to multiclass on UA, you shouldn't be stripping his features after the fact. You should have just said no upfront.

I need my precious Storm Herald to be buffed.

Squirrels

I told the group multi UA but only with PH classes. Hes arguing that revised ranger is "not really UA or PH"

how about a curse in which areas they go to begin witnessing famine if they reside there too long?

>An announcement is made
>Quick, I will pretend this announcement is in some way related to my pet shitpost topic!
wew lad

Storm Herald would be all the Gish I need if they just gave you even an elemental cantrip per path.

As someone who wants stone Sorcerer, I'm more glad we got the other two Barb subclasses that were really cool. Zealot and Storm are sick

what your thoughts on female tiefling tail going down their butt and wrapping around their thigh?

Why did you change Witchbolt up?

Keep all of the original wording (1d12, use an action, etc.) except triple the range to 90 ft.

>Play Storm Herald
>Take Magic Initiate
I swear, some players are unimaginative, and then some players are anti-imaginative.

Definitely needs it

Here's a list of some homebrew minor magical items, for characters up to lvl 4. What ya think?

27 subclasses
Everyone gets at least two but wizard
There are 12 classes
So 4 classes get 3 subclasses
Two of them are Barbarian and Fighter
And we already have two for Sorcerer and for Bards

I kinda prefer it as a short range force-lightning deal. Just a flat range boost would solve it though

I'm not spending a fucking feat for that, cuck. My shamanistic knowledge transforms the primal rage within me into magical power, now gimme the fucking cantrip.

Congratulations! Now it's overpowered.

Dragonborns best borns.

I am going to really enjoy my Dragonborn Strength Hexblade.

Why do fireball and lightning bolt do so much damage?
Shouldn't the highest damage spell at a given level be single target? To that it's a trade-off between AOE doing more damage to a crowd but less to a single target?

This Or just play a high Elf or any of those other races that get a cantrip

Revised Ranger is UA, but it's kind of a special case since WotC wrote a foreword saying they fucked up the PHB ranger, and basically confirmed it for a future book

To be honest Revised Ranger is fine, the Natural Explorer change prevents Ranger from being a one trick pony only on a single terrain type. In PHB Ranger if you picked a terrain that want featured in a campaign, you were kind of screwed.

Yeah, Zealot is easily in the top 10 of all UA archetypes.

Have you considered not being entitled and recognizing that realizing your character concept is not always a matter of a single class/subclass combination and that this is the game working as intended?
Alternatively, and this might sound crazy, have you considered talking to your fucking DM?

I hope they give us a proper dronken monk. It's pretty underpowered compared to most other monk classes. All it pushes you to do is to run into combat, fist of fury, and then walk out again. Rinse and repeat.

Why would you want a cantrip?

>GISHFAGS BTFO AGAIN
>Implying Storm Herald isn't Rage-gish

>meat cleaver
>sword

Jesus Christ go back to /pfg/

Did you even read the post that one responded to?

Maybe he means like Gust or something from the EE book?

>elf barbarian
Get the fuck out of here

I quoted the wrong person...

A meat cleaver isn't a hafted weapon, so it's actually more similar to heavy chopping swords (e.g. falchions) than it is to axes.

Magic items per level is totally up to the DM. It's better to give them out rarely but make them important in my experience. (Each items becomes more unique and interesting, don't just give them a +1 sword).

>I want a cantrip on my Barbarian
>But I don't want to play a race that gives me a free cantrip

Stop

>>elf barbarian
>Get the fuck out of here
Shit taste detected

>Magic items per level
More like levels per magic item amirite?

We want a cantrip on our Storm Herald Barbarian, retard.

Yeah, so...take the race that gives you a cantrip?

so play an elven storm herald

It's not just Elf Barbarian that's stupid, it's specifically HIGH ELF Barbarian.

It's a pretty large meat cleaver. Have you seen the things butchers use? This fellow is definitely not wielding a dagger.

these are correctly amazing.

These are both stupid ideas desu

So go for one of the other races tjat gives you a cantrip, like a Tiefling or Genesi.

Or again, Variant Human with magic initiate. Then you can get two cantrip and a spell

not that user, but the biggest problem is that the cantrip would then be based on a tertiary (at best) stat.

>I want a cantrip on X class
>But I don't want to use Race or a feat for that

That's stupider desu senpai

then play a swole elf

>Genasi
That's the first smart thing you've said, but it's still shittier than the Storm Herald being altered to also have a cantrip.
>use your VHuman feat on Magic Initiative instead of Martial / GWM / Shield Master / Sentinel / PAM / Tavern Brawler
oh jeez user

>Druids are pissed, naturally
>naturally

You cheeky bastard

>More like levels per magic item amirite?
Well, maybe 1 item that the party may share as they see fit per level.
MAYBE.

Why can't high elves be barbarians? Elven races aren't divided by culture, they're divided by heritage and genetics. A particular high elf society can easily regress to a tribal stage, or you could come up with a hundred other explanations.

>That's the first smart thing you've said
>I am the arbiter of the quality of others' posts despite having several people disagreeing with me

Might not be a problem depending on what cantrip he wants. That said, there aren't too many Wisdom based elemental cantrip anyway.

Actually, an axe would give it the [thrown] property, so that'd be nice.

>I want a thing
>So take X which gives you it
>No you idiot I want it for FREE

How about quit being a whiny baby?

I like to imagine elfs as aztecs. Culturally developed, but savage as fuck. Also, they're as fertile as pandas so througout their long lifespans they might only get 3 kids. Thus, they'd rely on slaves and raids and sacrifice to keep up their fancy civilized lifestyle.

I kind of thought that was the point of the item when I first read it.

Or just play variant human you dumb niggers.
Magic initiate, you get TWO cantrips woaaaah. And a spell! Imagine!

yeah, they're mostly Int/Cha spells which aren't exactly high ranking stats for barbarians.

Ah yes, all those Elven genetics that mean they are born with knowledge of magics and archery, rather than cultural instruction.

What is it with these fucking reptiles wearing nothing at all? They're just begging to go into torpor. If they wore a damn sweater, maybe they wouldn't need a party member to drag their heavy ass out of a dungeon every week.

What does "gish" mean? From what I've seen here, it just seems to be a synonym for "class I don't like"

We already suggested that. We've suggested everything short of multiclassin, and he'd probably still say no to that because it isn't free

>using your variant human feat on magic initiate instead of any of the multitude of other feats that are far better for a barbarian

>compared to most other monk classes
Way of the Four Elements is crying

You didn't even read my post, did you?

>wear a sweater
>cold blooded
what exactly do you think a sweater will accomplish?

Well, it originally was supposed to be equipped quickly to make sneaking and 2 weapon fighting more feasible, but I got the feedback (mostly from this board) that that'd be kind of a dissapointment, so I tweaked it to be a thrown weapon.

It'd just be more fitting to catagorize it as an axe if I want it to be thrown.

Yeah, which is why I figures the guy just wanted Gust or Mold Earth or something for flavor

>I want to literally get everything for free with zero opportunity cost

You faggots are the worst

The opportunity cost is me taking Storm Herald instead of one of the other paths. I'm saying it should be a standard feature of the archetype. Try to keep up.

I've been running it so that deaths in our ToA campaign are feeding the soulmonger, is this a good idea? Would it cause the unborn god to grow too powerful?

Insulation?

Well, at least Four Elements monks get choices in what to pick. The drunk munk is a straight path, with only 1 special move that can be used more than once. Worst thing is that it's not a new move, but just a tweak to an existing one. Imagine a ranger who only gets an improved Hunters Mark, or a paladin who's sole upgrade is a free dodge per rest and a smite with disengage.

Reminder to run your games without the 3 broken feats
GWM, Sharpshooter, and xbox expert

and everything becomes peachy

It's a githyanki term for 'skub'.

And I'm saying fuck you, no it shouldnt

I don't like stereotyping any race as only a single culture, but that is a cool concept for an isolated jungle/faraway elf society.

Every race obviously includes both genetic and cultural features, you don't have to be a sarcastic bitch about it. But it's easy enough to imagine that elven societies, varied though they may be, all still have certain cultural hallmarks in common - for example, archery, which fits equally well in a savage tribe as it does in a sophisticated society.
And magic can absolutely be genetic if you decide it is. I mean, it clearly is for tieflings.

>Insulation?
they don't generate heat. Insulation would keep them cold.

thats fucking badass m8

What's your favorite modules? (not only the 5e-made modules).

I've been saying all along it should be a defensive subclass that focuses on dodge-tanking and using reactions to make attacks after a successful Dodge.
Perhaps not even requiring a reaction

Thanks man.
Yeah, it'd make for nice barbarian elves too. You could play as Moctezuma rather than Sparkly-eyes Arakatharicarathanice

Not if you have a pair of sweater puppies to generate warmth

The Gith had a type of warrior who was a dual Fighter/Mage, called "gish" in their language.

That's what the death curse is, right? The Soulmonger absorbing souls?

they would have to be literally puppies for this plan to work.

"Gish" is a fighter/wizard in Githyanki society. By extension, the term is used for other characters combining melee weapons with magic use.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_insulation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ectotherm

But you're wrong.

>I want a cantrip on my class that doesn't let me cast spells as a defining feature