Paladin

I'm playing a paladin for the first time soon and could use some inspiration. Can we get a paladin art thread. Bonus points for anything necrotic like picrelated.

>Grey Knight Prestige class
>'Paladin'
Oh Zarus/Pelor or whoever the fuck claimed that one layer of the Abyss that gives a template so powerful it makes you a demon Lord that can ignore the alignment system and penalties of that system in all functional game aspects such as aligned spells with incredible negative side effects!
I am not joking, this is a thing.

Gotta go with the original

Remember a paladin's righteousness stems from his love of Justice. Injustice should hurt you like seeing your dog killed before your eyes.

Or Love, or Freedom. Stand for something YOU love. Don't follow and obey, feel something. Remember love hurts. Charge your smite with a feeling of love, whether passionate or painful.

>Sci-Fi Paladin's, enjoined to ensure the laws of combat are followed, hard, brutal and strong, but with aid when needed.

>Real life Paladin, despises those who would prevent honest people defending themselves. Given his whole adult life to the enforcement of the law and he defense of it's people.

>Senior Paladin Hartman, despised by the recruits, pages and squires for his hard and brutal training methods, they gradually come to admire and respect Old Ironhart for his refusal to take anything less than their best.
>After they earn their Knighthood they look back fondly on his harsh methods and thank him for making them the men they are. For without him, the Order would surely fall.

was she really this cute?
i mean medieval ppl tended to be ugly

playing paladin is too hard.
If you really roleplay how you paladin would react you will probably be called that guy.

It's mind mindbogglingly simple to play one, if you are act like an inward fart and detect evil and go full on Inquisition, of course they you are that guy. But if you graft on the hard Drill Sergeant or the kindly old man who fights reluctantly, you may well be invited back to a game.

>cant stand to see evil unpunished
Only this already makes me have to play paladin and be called that guy, there's always a fag who will kill a guard, or do something moraly wrong.

Probably not...

We know she was brunette, 5'2", well built (she was a farmer's daughter who became a soldier, that's gonna make you fit). At the time of her trial, her hair was cut short, although that might have been the work of the people trying her, and wore men's clothes (which is why she was burnt at the stake).

>l kill a guard, or do something moraly wrong.

Killing a Guard, no shit. If you have a strict Paladin in your party and he does that, I argue he is That Guy.

>I shot someone lolrandom in front of the Cop PC
>I got arrested by him.

Gee willikers, I wonder what happened.

this is what makes paladins hard to play without making the session a shitfest
there's always the ones who either kill for fun or that kill for a greater good, but a paladin is the guy who never makes concessions, he will not kill a family of peasants to save a village.

Is this bran stark?

If you end up serving a god make sure you look up their adornments and shit so you can describe that. In 5e paladins don't have to serve a god though.

CHEERLEADER

Not every Campaign suits a Paladin being part of it, likewise not every campaign is suited to a retarded knife-wielding murderer.

>wojack 1.0

>Real life Paladin
now, what part made you think that

The part where I do research on the issues instead of wikipedia.

This is how I paladin. Starting a dump since OP wanted art, not arguments.

God bless you.

And may Sigarda's light shine upon you as well, smoll user.

Alright I'm out fo images I can use my good goy pass on, hope it helps I fucking love paladins

>White birds
>Birds with only two eyes each.
No.

What is this and where do I buy it?

Sauce is Lake of Fire

My art is more cleric than paladin, but that's close enough right? Just trade in the sword for a blunt weapon.

And ending my dump with my favorite

I'd say killing innocent people for fun as a non-evil character in a non-evil party makes you that guy.

On the one hand, I'm sure that most Albigensians didn't deserve to die, but on the other hand, I'm really fucking sick of hearing about Gnostics being the secret good guys.

>i mean medieval ppl tended to be ugly

your sources being?

>playing paladin is too hard.

Playing a paladin depends entirely on how much your DM will screw you over for playing it correctly. Although, paladins have definitely mellowed out over the decades by doing away with things like Oath of Poverty and such.

>dat feel when you've seen too much shit to remain true

Everyone was covered in shit, user.
Would Terry Jones lie to me?

I love paladins

>Gray Guard

Fuck that shit. All these alignment spin-off Paladins came about because people couldn't play Paladins correctly. Can't do it? Congratulations, you're now a fallen Paladin.

Not to mention giving them some more flexibility in beliefs and taking away the DM's codified no-fun button.

Also pretty much every guy under her was really insistent that they totally did NOT want to hit that and any feelings they had for her was completely platonic or like their love of the church.

>Sheriff Clarke
To be fair, Sheriff Clark was worse.

>Would Terry Jones lie to me?
Well, yes. He has dementia.

Perhaps, but he didn't THEN.

didn't need those feels, dammit

>A qt will never wage war on your neighbors and kill countless Englishmen because a voice in her head kept telling her that you must be king.

Hard to say. She's described as beautiful in a plain rural girl way, and definitly wasn't up to the beauty standards of the period (i.e. chubby and whiter than coke).
She had very nice breasts, according to the knights that served with her.

That aside, she's 100% paladin material
>passes through enemy lines of defense, parading with her flag, and doesn't get shot at.
>breaks swords on prostitutes' backs
>banters with church theologians
>finds buried sacred swords
>inspire french soldiers more than whores and alcohol

I prefer his work on paladins of the light and paladins of justice for black moon chronicles.

>Neeshka in a thread about paladin art

What the hell

You can find a lot of great artwork on Pinterest

Yeah, when I play a paladin, I always make sure to lock someone in a room and leave them there until they die of thirst. It doesn't get anymore lawful good than that.

Have you ever watched Star Wars? Just act like Luke Skywalker. Not hard. Not That Guy.

even paladins need waifus and neeshka was best girl

The paladin moral is unbreakable, no concessions.