How does one play a character with 5 WIS ?

How does one play a character with 5 WIS ?

You don't. Reroll.

Well, that depends on the other attributes.

STR:9
DEX:16
INT:20
WIS:5
CHA:16

It's a gnome wizard

Undead?

Maximum Wizardry

>basic graphing
>20 int

More like:
STR:9
DEX:13
INT:13
WIS:9
CHA:12

Intelligence is knowing how to bring back a bunch of dinosaurs and build a theme park based around them.

Wisdom is the ability to know that bringing back dinosaurs and trapping people on a tropical jungle island is a bad idea.

Aka just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. I could see a high int/low wisdom character having the means to create all kinds of brilliant spells and inventions, but having little thought about what the consequences of what he's done will have. A high potential for people to trick him into making something that seems innocent at first, but had far more sinister applications down the road, like nuclear power, dynamite, or cell phones.

Just be yourself.

DBZA Goku.

Those are really good graphs, can't have been hand drawn right?

Wizards: no sense of right and wrong

"I'm just here for the explosions"

You don't notice things and are lacking in common sense. Whenever something that can control minds shows up, your reaction is "oh dammit, not again...", because inevitably it will take control of your mind.

Your typical genius inventor or mad scientist is an example of high INT, low WIS.

Basically what described.

Fun fact: I rolled up 10 WIS for a character once, but played her for a few sessions as being somewhat lacking in the common sense department. So I asked the DM if I could lower her WIS to 9 to represent how I'd been playing her, and made it clear that I didn't expect anything in return. He said yes.

Good times.

I've seen some mean hand drawn graphs back in the day.

I think they have tools to help draw them.

Psychos fit that bill

Very low wisdom, cant understand risk or fear anything. Rarely learn. Take too many risks

I once ran a game of pathfinder where, by complete coincidence, every PC and even my GMPC had wisdom below 10. It was fun.

Comic relief.

Think of a scenario. Think of a common sense solution (Wis 10-11). Now imagine being ignorant of that (Wis 8-9). Now imagine thinking something just plain wrong (Wis 6-8). Now imagine having utter conviction in it (Wis 4-5). You have arrived. Do this for any problem that needs to be solved. Scale up by a step or two for absolutely dirt simple stuff. Remember that we are talking about lack of Wisdom not lack of Intelligence though.

Underrated.

You could play it as a sensory thing.
Like being nearsighted and hard of hearing.
Basically pic related.

Ignorant and possibly foolhardy, but not necessarily stupid.
Think fresh college graduate.

For a high INT low WIS character.

This is the best example I can come up with.

You forgot the low Charisma.

Dump INT as well, make CHA your best stat, and have your character run for political office.

True

I was referencing how he could do all sorts of math and science but was constantly the victim of jokes and tricks

I thought DBZA Goku was low wis low int

I wouldn't. That's a bit more like you have disadvantage on rolls that involve your eyes, in addition to low wisdom.

Maybe a naive wizard who spent all his formative years fairly isolated except for his instructor and maybe 2 other pupils that he didn't really interact with.

Maybe a sheltered noble who thought everyone had a personal butler before he ran away.

I wish weak willed or suggestible was separate from wisdom saves.

It's hard to make a cleric or druid girl just waiting to fall under the bad guy's spell

Make a sorceress. Clerics are supposed to be strong and faithful.

Airheaded, absentminded, naive, gullible, autistic. Low wis means you're not that aware, of just about anything really. You can still be clever, make plans, learn, and remember things, but you're not very good at 'keeping your head'

the type of guy that will exit combat with forest trolls to pick rare magical plants

smart enough to identify the herb in question and use it effectively, smart enough to correctly carry out the harvesting ritual and differentiate between the desired plant and it's poisonous relative, but not wise enough to realize that digging for not!ginseng while being attacked by trolls is a bad idea

Although I hate the show I can't help but try to correct you here.

He has a decent amount of charisma since he's confident in himself, his low wisdom just makes it hard to translate that to other tasks.

Play it like you have ADHD.

"Hold my beer and watch this."

No wait, that's 3 WIS.

BAPZINGO

charisma isn't necessarily confidence alone though, it's also one's ability to use that confidence to convince others to do things.

>"fun"

When you've graded as many papers...

"Hold my beer, watch this."

Playing a high Intelligence low wisdom character isn't a challenge. Playing a high wisdom low intelligence character isn't a challenge either.

Playing a high intelligence high wisdom character is a challenge. What would a person with 17-18 in both stats even be like?

I imagine they would be like the janitor from Dilbert.

>He has a decent amount of charisma
*Snrk*

It depends on whether you view sheldon as a sociopath. If he is, then it explains why he acts like he doesn't understand social interactions, because he wants people to feel sorry for him so he can take advantage of them.

They're generated in matlab or similar program

It reads right there on the paper that it has been printed. (And then the guy took a red pen and memed all over his paper.)

>Be engineer
>Have class with retarded professor
>When she grades your homework she just remarks how pretty your graphs are
I wish I had professors that easy to impress.