Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1813: Don't Fall Asleep Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0
>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/iJnWmNFe
pastebin.com/wgeVS7gS
youtube.com/watch?v=aoBWUs8poYU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-GC5rAX0xHg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fast.

But it's my bed time soon

Does anyone know if Val is gonna keep the clause in the Medaka Box jump that prevents you from copying powers by any means?

For those of you magic jumpers, what system do you use? If custom how does it work?

Its val, there will probably be a 1000 cp option to copy powers already in.

ALL OF THEM

I hate that armor.

To be fair, The End is canon.

meme magic.

Just pretend its a witchblade.

I use several different magic systems primarily muscle mystery for utility,Dungeons & Dragons enchantments for defense and high-speed divine words for offense.

but my favorite is muscle mystery,there's nothing like the feel of your bodycords resonating with the universe to shift reality.

I primarily use Mushoku Tensei's magic system or the Gamer's/

>muscle mystery
Where did you get that?

What do I have?
>Final Fantasy 1 Red Magic
>Elder Scrolls Magic
>Ragnarok Online Song Magic
>Chocobo Dungeon Job Crystals, Scrolls, and Seals

I swap between them as needed, though my Elder Scrolls mana pool is so ridiculously huge at this point I tend to default to it for anything but curative magic. The Altar of Spellmaking makes that option particularly tempting. But I have a soft spot for Song Magic and it's sheer versatility. The emotional manipulation that comes with it has saved my life at least once.

Also, that armor win my personal award for "Most Attractive But Least Practical Armor". Very nice.

>implying

HAAAHAHAHAH.
That's like asking if a politician's actually going to keep their word.

hero BBS was the custom magic system option, I cleared real muscle mystery with The jump maker so it's the real thing

I have kinda made my own system for most stuff but I flip between 3 main systems.

1st system and the one I use the most is a combo system of wish magic from fate which can do anything with enough magic, and use it via mushoku tensei magic system by turning all spells from it into MT spells with dark wisdom in overlord. One user called it retard magic, I kinda like that and agree as its basically just wave your hand and shit happens.

Secondly I am now an epic level truenamer from dnd. Its good for dealing with things that are more powerful than myself. Gives me breathing room at least.

3rd system which is the one I like to teach others is Thuum, shouting is really a neat system and I love it, I use shouts for most of my fights and small things, it is slowly becoming my favorite system as I translate other spells into shouts. Probably gonna get more use since Im now child of Talos.

Magic systems are usually unique to the setting. There may be some similarities, but if the underlying philosophy is totally different, then they aren't compatible, and trying to combine them usually has terrible, unpredictable, life-threatening results.
Through careful study, I managed to cobble together a fairly decent "channel will to power" system that is mostly predictable, and has few negative interactions or side effects. Unfortunately it's lacking in real offensive power, since the structure is very simplistic, and direct offensive uses tend to have rather severe backlash.

Wrong link sorry

Why not just learn it during the DC jump? You wasted an opportunity, there. But then again, stupid attempts to power game to get things you could already get much more easily is kind of your thing, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I use mostly Projection from Charmed.
It's pretty much "will shit to happen, insert mana, magic comes out", so it's the least effort and maximum flexibility system possible.

>has never heard of Conjoined Conjures or similar perks

>magic
Fucking primitive bumpkins. Science or gtfo.

exactly how am I supposed to find the guidebook? and wouldn't it be a bigger wank to say "oh I picked up this incredibly powerful magic system for no CP From a Tangent universe in jump"

>>Elder Scrolls Magic

... and Tonal Architecture, albeit crassly used

Patrician taste, you two

Nigger, science is the method of study. Science can be applied to magic.

Either shift yo shit to "Technology" or get the fuck out of my establishment.

I've been having a lot of fun playing with Beatrice magic since it's fairly freeform, especially with Born Class and Lovely Garden. I try to figure out reasonable 'Skill Trees' (Weapons, Crafting, Elements, basic RPG stuff like Necromancy or Curses, etc), come up with cool spells that feel appropriate for the series (lots of freedom for variety since the canon has fire magics so powerful and complex that they can be used to replicate other elements like ice, lightning and wind.), then ballpark upgrades based on how much EXP I think I have on hand. Since I got a Born Class, I can invest in whatever instead of just 'class appropriate' trees. Because I have Lovely Garden I can reasonably come up with whatever upgrades I find cool.

Logically I know my Jumper self would have hundreds of spells and upgrades, but it's easier and more fun to just write down about the notable or cool stuff. Here's all the various spells and stuff I came up with when first imagining this stuff.

pastebin.com/iJnWmNFe

Though I've also been coming up with new stuff as my chain progresses.

So just a topic starter I guess.

There are a lot of nifty devices spread out amongst Jumpchain. Things like the SMT COMP, DBZ Scouter, Fallout Pipboy, Digimon Digivices, Yugioh's Duel Disks, and Pokemon's Pokegear.

What's your favorite bit of technology you always seem to lug around? Personally I'm a fan of the Pipboy and upgrading it as I go along.

You may like demons of astlan wizards, that is pretty much how they think too. Magic is literally a science to them.

>Not Magitek.
You insult DOOM!

You go to Danny the Street, talk to Flex Mentallo, and say "hi, can you teach me the Mysteries of the Muscle?"

Well, there's the Flonyard Magic from that perk in Dog Days, and that's about it. I haven't really picked up anything but that,

What the fuck can I use to kill the Greek Pantheon? The whole thing.

that would work if Danny the street wasn't Danny the dimension right now and being a member of section 8 didn't give me the best standing With the superhero community despite my history as the bludhaven shadow

You're right. But shouting "TECHNOLOGY!!!!" as electricity arcs behind you in a dark room just doesn't have the same effect.

Song and Vocal magic really is where it's at. Thuum, Ar Tonelico's hyper-tech "magic", Ragnarok Online's Bard, and a whole ton of others always catch my fancy. I just love that kind of stuff.

I always end up with Kamen Rider Belts now that I know what Kamen Rider is. Sure they're silly and a little higher on the power scale that I usually like to play, but I can't help it! I love modding them with other tech and magic from across the universe and seeing what pops out! Snagging Plug and Play is an absolute must, but other than that it has such a wealth of options.

At least I haven't delved into Soul Magic... yet. That started getting a little out of hand in the last chain.

A bomb.

Marvel Magic has a magical godkiller sword. Something-something Necrosword or something like that.
Assuming you're tough enough to last long enough to sword the various gods in the face that's all you need.

If you're not Sailor Moon has Untouchable or something like that which removes all supernatural abilities except your own in a 3 meter radius for 10 minutes a day.
So Zeus is merely a buff greek dude while you're still a jumper with a god-killing sword.

For a more reliable solution that won't have you dying painfully if you don't manage to kill all the gods in 10 minutes you'll probably do best by becoming a god yourself or something that can go toe to toe with them like an high-essence Exalt.

I am a big fan of my valkyrie core. The thing upgrades every time I chuck some new tech in there.

Tonal architecture is the endgame, I have not figured out the full language yet. As I said Im bringing stuff over slowly, the dragonborn dlc in skyrim shows that 3 is not the limit of thuum. Once I figure out the entire language I will just talk the universe into doing stuff. Plus since I have a perk to turn word magic into an at will magic I will just warp reality. One day.

Reposting final version.

That's... actually a pretty good point. I'll try to think up either a slightly different scenario or a reward, but it won't be a priority since I really want to work on something else right now.

I think that would make kryptonian a bit redundant, but it would fit thematically.

>Go to God of War.
>Pick up Kratos.
>Tell him the Greek Pantheon was really behind his wife and daughter's murder all along.
>???
>Sip an ice cold godblood smoothie and watch the world burn.

Then stop calling it magic, you primitive. It's the etheric sciences.

You can go to the DC universe at any time period, including those from before Danny left for another dimension (he didn't become another dimension, he just lives there now). Not that it matters, because there are still plenty of ways to get to Danny even with him in another universe. And who cares if the superhero community likes you? Flex mostly had self-contained adventures that have nothing to do with the rest of the setting. He won't have any pre-formed opinions of you.

Right now, rebooted chain's only 31 jumps in. Got no ways to combine systems or similar, so right now I'm using... a couple dozen different kinds. My best for combat, at this moment, is from Magi: Labyrinth of Magic via my three Djinn Vessels. Everything else is from my 25 Worlds in Hero BBS.

pastebin.com/wgeVS7gS - a few shamelessly stolen from a friend.

Actually its manametrics

Even if I'm going to be a little bitch in that world, the RIG from Dead Space tends to be a really good piece of tech. Reliable and effective.

Well it's honestly so I could piss Luthor the fuck off.

Actually, even technology is a term we can apply to magic, since skills and methods are technologies, too.

Yeah and it would be a colossal wank with zero CP insurance, so I'm going to do it this way.

>Thuum
>Not reverse engineering the Dwemer method and rebuilding their walking god of omni-negation.
/me sighs

Well, Daggerfall's going well so that's another ten years in which you'll be able to explore the settings metaphysics soon

Fair enough.

Is the Thu'um even really that primitive? It's not something that can be turned into a technology like the Dwemer's method of accessing TA, but it's still capable of sophisticated and powerful effects.

Is user Heart around?

That's not armor but a demon being used as clothes/armor.

I'm a simple man with simple tastes.
Who had already sung one Immortal to death.
I don't need a walking god of omni-negation following me around. It sounds like that would absolutely ruin my property value.

How is using OOC knowledge of a setting to seek out characters and places you think are interesting "wank"? And CP insurance? That's something that shitposters made up, you don't actually need it.

Are there any perks that let you fly or levitate at your running speed?

>and rebuilding their walking god of omni-negation
Yeah, that went REAL well when the elf-dorfs tried it in the first place.

I'm with you, the Pipboy is a fun device to have around and upgrade, despite its initial technological inferiority.

Yes, many flight perks do peg your speed at flying to your ground speed. Off the top of my head, there's a 100CP perk for Gods in God of High School that does so, though I know there are others and I'm just being too lazy to look them up.

A Colt Single Action Army.

>How is using OOC knowledge of a setting to seek out characters and places you think are interesting "wank"?

because we don't know that it's an actual learnable skill and not a chosen one thing for Flex?

>And CP insurance? That's something that shitposters made up, you don't actually need it.

no it's something that Quicksilver made up, and if I happen to run into a setting where the local metaphysics don't allow for muscle mystery I would be screwed out of it, plus if I tried that everyone in the thread would yell at me, same as they would yell at anyone else who tried that.

An M1 Garand.

youtube.com/watch?v=aoBWUs8poYU

I didnt have the inference engine worm power before, and my tech was not as good as it is now. I also did not have the time powers I have now, my plan when daggerfall comes out is to watch and learn from the dwemer then create what I call song rings.

Tonal architecture/thuum shouts bound into physical form, an entire grimoire of spells in the form of a ring. That way the wearer can automatically cast the spells within. Basing the looks off lotr rings.

it may or may not be mostly because I think the idea of an entire opera of magic in the form of music made into solid matter is the coolest thing ever

Not him, explain please?

For starters I'm making my Duel Disk a Device, for reasons that involves (but not limited to) making it Clow Card type compatible.
That being said on the more armor scale, I'm a sucker for the power armor stuff like the Kamen Rider Birth suit, Kamen Rider IXA's suit, or a Symphogear

Thaumatic Engineering would like to have a word with you.

>pastebin.com/wgeVS7gS

We got ourselves a right and proper autist.

Clarktech the word is Clarktech

>Song and Vocal magic really is where it's at.
You can even get into it at the start of a chain.
Ciel Nosurge Player origin is about as safe as it gets.

>Pokegear
>Pip-Boy

Yes to these. Also, hands-free computers of any kind, the Mass Effect Omni-Tool, things like that.

Powerful certainly, but you're basically just yelling notes into creation. The composition gets thrown off course, but no redirected by you

Well, I'm going to steal him in Daggerfall. Cause, I'm putting a lot of effort into the thief and thieves guild perks

I'm sure I'm smarter than telepathic dorfs that could play about with the underlying metaphysics of their universe

I hope that works out for you, user.

>because I think the idea of an entire opera of magic in the form of music made into solid matter is the coolest thing ever
It is pretty darn cool, not going to argue with that

>because we don't know that it's an actual learnable skill and not a chosen one thing for Flex?
Well, fair enough. Flex is technically not a real person. I'll grant you that. But there are plenty of ways to bypass that.

>no it's something that Quicksilver made up
No, it's not. Quicksilver's stance was that things you got from someplace are fiated to work other places no matter what. If your power or magic or technology is drawing on external things, the lack of those external things might be a problem. But Muscle Mystery is internal, it literally comes from your muscles, so that's not a problem.

Clarketech. The "E" in the middle is important because the concept is derived from a quote by Arthur C. Clarke.

Bancho, that's literally the exact opposite of what we're talking about. Clarketech is tech that seems magical, we're talking about magic treated as science/tech.

No it's not. Clarketech is taking conventional technology and advancing it to the point it's indistinguishable from impossible magic powers. This is the opposite, taking impossible magic powers and analyzing them until you can make the process repeatable and use it in technology.

There's not really a difference it's people using knowledge of natural law to affect change in the world around them. Just ask any Rick

I primarily use the magic you can gain from Cardcaptor Sakura, and thanks to "Conjoined Conjures", it's become the foundation of every other non-bloodline related magic system I've learned since. Add in JL Dark's "Prodigal Sorcerer" and "I Cheat"...well, you'd have better luck with writing a list of magic spells / systems I can't learn or reverse-engineer to my magic system.

For instance:
> Heavenly Body Magic (Fairy Tale) + Potterverse Magic
I can create a miniature star made of Fiendfyre.
> Rune Magic (Fate Servant Supplement) + Script Magic (Circle of Magic) + Cardcaptor Magic
The Runes I write on whatever I'm enchanting grow more effective and stable as the years pass by.
> Ancient Belkan Magic (Lyrical Nanoha) + First Magic (Fate Stay Night) + Rune Magic
Cartridge enhanced magic-based creation / materialization known as "Denial of Nothingness" (faking an unknown Rare Skill for the win!)

I think you get the idea...sometimes I find myself just scribbling down the kinds of combos I can come up with using the magics I have. I hardly ever use just one system on its own, usually that's when I'm using it for the first time.

We're all autists, user. Even you. Even me. I know I'd love to visit Silica, I love bioluminescence and all that. I'd also end up dying of starvation after getting lost.

Anyway. Moar builds.

(Animal Crossing) #24
-Background: Shopkeeper (Free) -Time to open up shop.
-At Peace (900CP) -Adapting to things is good.
-Employee of the Month (Free) -All the know-how to run a business, and tailoring!
-Villager's Life (700CP) -Menial tasks don't bore me, and awesome gardening.
-One-Man Construction Crew (550CP) (Discount) -I will build shit SUPER QUICKLY. Months of effort in a day!
-Nook's School of Merchantilism (250CP) (Discount) -Currency anywhere, and my businesses perform amazingly.
-Clothing (200CP) -Some extra clothes could be nice.
-Jumpington's/Expanded (0CP) (Discount) -Holy fuck, this superstore is huge.
Dice Rolls: 15 years old, City, Pear Trees
-End Choice: Next Adventure

...so after being a horrific "all evil must die must fight all evil NEVER LET EVIL RISE" sort of asshole. This is a good place to get situated and just calm the fuck down. Just sit back, relax, and try to rebalance myself. You know, not be an asshole. Even if needing to deal on the department level isn't exactly my idea of fun. But that's what I have employees that learn super quick for. Just need to let them handle it while I go off and do fun stuff. Like tinkering with my new tech! And going fishing! And being FABULOUS.

Rick is a piece of shit that's too busy masturbating his ego to actually know anything about science OR magic.

That's actually a Divine Power perk, and I don't have enough CP for Hybridization too. Do you happen to remember any of the other perks?

Right, but I can't use extant physics to sing someone into being a frog.

that just means you need to physics harder!

>spreading the glory of PING to the omniverse
I like you. You can come over to my house and fuck my sister

If I was going to go full Vocal Magic, I'd faceplant right into Ar Tonelico's Reyvateil-Origin and go full bore.

I've never played Ciel Nosurge or heard of it beyond this board here, so you're probably right about it being the safer option.

Uh, Lifeless Being from Tales of Symphonia? Nah, probably too expensive if that's all you're getting it for. That's the only one that comes to mind, though like I said I know there are others. I'll take a look around, but it's a big drive. I'll tell you if/when I find anything, though.

Not him, but Hyperdimension Neptunia has one.

>Not him, explain please?
Its from Exalted. Its a type of demon that can be used as clothes or armor.

>probably
Player origin has you playing through Ciel Nosurge.
That’s it.

These are rick and morty fans.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=-GC5rAX0xHg

What motivates you to make Jumps?

For me, it's spite.

Guilt and hype, if either of those are high enough I can finish a jump, if neither hits a high enough point the jump languishes half way done.

I like how the video has almost half as many dislikes as likes.

Peronelle are a type of demon in Exalted. They're amorphous blob-monsters, and one of their most common uses is to flow over a person and act like armor to dampen blows. They're not actually that great armor, but since they're skin-tight they stack with normal armor, so you might as well have one. They also can shapeshift and change color to disguise themselves as tight clothing or just blend into your skin.

Ah, so the Old Ones' plan to seed madness among the fandom populi of the Internet has reached its next stage.

It is only a matter of time now. In a way I suppose they have already won.

What are some good cursed items to use Rulebreaker from Waltraute with? Been drawing a blank on anything outside of Norse myth for the past hour and a half.

Part of it is guilt, but most of it is wanting to just make my friends happy.

The other part is because no one fucking else will do the IPs I'm doing.

I like writing up Jumps and visiting the settings I make Jumps for. I put extra effort in because I take satisfaction from a job well done.

but seriously you can do that in Fallen London with just physics.

I got bored and stopped doing it, for the most part. Too much energy for very little payoff, unless nobody else would ever make it.

Every artifact-grade magic item in D&D has a curse to go with its power. So that's a lot of good stuff.

So apparently Galactus was eaten by Ego in Old Thor’s timeline.