Does the Emperor have a canon personality?

Does the Emperor have a canon personality?

>autocratic control freak with utopic visions of humanity and the means, knowledge, and ambition to make them reality

I think his personality is pretty obvious.

You forgot bad father.

Depends how your relationship with your father is.

Imagine being the only genius in a room full of non geniuses but also being arrogant enough to believe that everyone is retarded as well. Imagine being sick of constantly seeing everyone around you fuck up but still care for them all the same as a parent would. Imagine constantly feeling pressed for time and experience countless frustrations seeing your projects fail or be subverted again and again. Imagine having to repeat the same message countless times and have people still not get it. Imagine living through the deaths of countless loved ones and friends while you're doomed to live on forever. That's the emps. He's a guy who's jaded from millennia of his own and humanity's fuck ups, knows he's humanity's best shot in the universe, is set apart from everyone around him but who still genuinely cares for people deep down and wants what's best for them.

Severely autistic. That or simply nowhere near as perceptive as made out to be. You cannot have lived amongst humans for tens of fucking millennia and so fundamentally misunderstand how the fucking human mind works. How the fuck do you manage that? How the fuck does one not understand such a base instinct as worshiping what is seen as greater? He's witnessed the phenomenon countless times so what the fuck was his excuse?

>genuinely cares for people deep down and wants what's best for them.
Don't give me that. He genuinely cared for his vision of what humanity could be and violently expunged(or later planned to) those elements of it that did not fit into it. People didn't matter, his plan, his vision, his image of and for humanity did.

When I say 'people' I mean in the macro sense of the word.

He lived his whole life with absolutely ridiculous psychic powers and supernatural charisma backing him up, no matter how ridiculous his demands were. He got used to the idea that he could just demand something and get it. If you look at the stuff he says in The Last Church, it's clear that he never learned how to reason with someone. He simply never had to. As a result, he honestly believed that he could just make people give up religion by decree.

He didn't notice most of humanity's mistakes, as evidence by the fact that he makes some pretty common and obvious ones in the creation of the Imperium.

The only theory that makes sense regarding the Emperor is that all the stuff about him having been every religious/historical figure from history or whatever is just propaganda. He's basically just an Age of Strife warlord with Best Korea propaganda to justify his rule (or rather, that of his regime).

Even then, it was clear that the only thing that mattered was whatever was in his head.

Or maybe, just maybe BL writers are just bad and can tell but never show. Everyone is a retard in BL books.

I mean the Emperor's arguments (or the priests) were never meant to be bad on purpose.

Horribly and clumsily detailing what, by all rights, should've remained shrouded in mystery will be 40k's downfall in the end.

He is a tsundere

I got that reference.
kek.

Yeah its
>multiple personality disorder

He was a big guy.

What right does the cancer of today have to deny the glory of tomorrow?
If the Emperor wanted to making humanity into what he believed it should be, then he was under no obligation to take alone those who wouldn't fit into nu-humanity along for the ride.

Seems to be different things to different people.

When he speaks with the Custodes it is as a father figure. Stern, but proud.

When he speaks with the Mechanicum, it was as a scientist. Dry, calculated.

When he speaks with his sons, depending on the son, it is more or less as a parent.

When he speaks to Remembrancers or such, it is as the impossibly wise, golden god-figure.

When he speaks with Malcador, well, we don't really get to see too many implications of him speaking with Malcador, but it seems like Malcador was a genuine friend. Emps puts up with a fuckload of shit from him that he wouldn't take from anybody else, lets him talk back, work on side projects behind his back, and all sorts of weird shit. Doesn't bat an eye at sorcery and Warp magic from him, either.

Sounds like Perturabo to me

Not really.
Sometimes he's the bad father, but not asshole father, the kind of man that knows what has to be done, but does it with a heavy heart. In others he's just a manipulative man that doesn't really care about anything but mankind in general and will show no remorse for slaughtering billions

Hes trying to get humanity evolved to a point where regular people are like him.

He's lonely.

Like I'm a father to a tool in my toolbox or one of my guns?

They were as much his children as my socket wrench is my son.

The primarchs share his genes

People change along their lives. Now imagine someone lived for 5 800 years.

When was the last time your tools talked to you or asked: "Dad, you do know we have our own dreams and aspirations?"

If I ever had an employee under me call me dad, I would inform them otherwise.

Dorn and Ferrus understood their purpose and role and accepted it.

Did you make your employees out of your genes and then call them your sons?

Though, you're right that Emps himself said that he doesn't see them as anything else than tools and weapons and referenced Pinocchio in M30. I bet no-one had a clue what he was referring to.

My tools aren't organic nor share my genes

asshole

>If I ever had an employee under me call me dad, I would inform them otherwise.
Yeah cause its not like he called them his sons. Oh wait yes he did.

He had literal children that he abandoned throughout history.
Then he created his clones and gave them his empire, but fucked up a quarter of them psychologically while ignoring the preexisting mental illness of another quarter.

so you mean watching Rick and Morty while other people around you have never touched the show?

I don't think he really fucked anything as much as none of the Primarchs grew up and developed as he expected them to because they got lost. Whatever plans the Emperor had for them got screwed up in that very instant seeing as they weren't in a controlled environment like he most likely wanted.