Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Space Pups Edition

>Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/19/craftworld-focus-saim-hann-oct-19gw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fnAYHVXR0Hg

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

I can’t decide between 10 Warp Talons or 10 Raptors

Yes.

Space Wolves have a plethora of interesting characters with cool models and rules, once you get past some stupid names.

I'm sincerely not even baiting, dudes like Njal Stormcaller and Arjac Rockfist are legit cool.

go for 23 of each

I feel like making a non-retarded version of the SW. Like, take that Terminator, keep all the wolf pelts, viking runes, all that shit. But instead of some snarling yiff faggot, he'll just be a regular clean cut military Astartes dude with a crew cut and clean shave, and they won't have packs of wolves or ride thunderwolves or any of that shit.

It'll basically be Luna Wolves.

Nth for putting down space yiffs like the dogs they worship/fuck

So according to Imperial Armor, Leman Russes' main gun has an elevation of between -8 degrees and 20 degrees. If this is so, how does the Punisher's infantry-slaying gun even function? It literally cannot aim at its targets considering the Russ is a tank and a fucking tall one at that.

Lets kick the thread off to some discussion.

Games Worshop has come to you, they are bringing out Leman Russ (for the thread edition, my orignal plan was Lion) and they want you to stat him and write his rules.

Go.

Hull down.

are those numbers for each gun?
I feel like some guns get a better firing arc (vanquisher/punisher) while others get worse (demolisher)

12th for Knight Spam

with -8 degrees you hit the ground at 30 m, If the enemy inf is closer than that you have a problem. Assume there is a hord of guard between them and you anyways

Here are a few things GW do not understand:
Humans anatomy
Science
Weapons
Numbers larger than 999
Basic military tactics and strategy
Vehicles
Consumers
Their own rules and mechanics
Numbers regarding military gear

This list is not complete, you can help expand it

It's the same for every variant, -8 to +22. Stats are given in the book for both Ryza and Mars pattersn and their elevation is identical. At least the turret has 360 degree traverse though just like Marine Dreadnougths apparently

Of course the same stats say it has 150mm of hull armor and so are highly dubious at absolute best.

Is 60 Guardsmen enough for most lists?

gulliman stats but better in melee somehow
all space wolves units reroll failed to hits/wounds in combat
all space wolves may reroll one or both dice when charging if within 9" of him
some rapetastic melee weapon

>same for every variant
fuck that, no way they each have exactly the same arcs, also they shouldn't be allowed to shoot flyers by that logic
also I always felt like executioner plasma and plasma sponsons worked like wraith cannons from halo but faster, no idea why, might be a neat conversion idea
gw just doesn't know how things work, like how are valks vtols, why are tau suit legs to fucking small and why do nids grow ak47 looking bioguns?

Would actually love it if someone made an unofficial rule for him in 8th. Have the model but I dont play 30k.

Reposting this question from the last thread:
What's the best way to equip a single deathwatch terminator intended solely for ranged combat?
Hurricane launcher with stormbolter and meltafist sound appealing, just because of the sheer volume of shots.

>closer than that you have a problem

Which is why you got 3 heavy bolters peppering the area with explosive rockets and a heavy machine gun or a twin rocket machine gun on the cupola.

60 guardsmen is such a useless piece of information
points size of game?
rest of list?
regiment?
loadout?
are they infantry/vets/conscripts etc.?
is this elysian/dkok?
come on user, not that hard

Guilliman's statline. Completely immune to psychic powers a la SoS. Full reroll aura for Space Wolves. Weapon hits at S14 AP-3 Dd6 and ignores invulns. 2+/4++, rerolls failed saves against daemons. Can advance and charge, and deep strike.

Cause fuck Magnus

You know he's going to come back just like Magnus, Mortarion, Guilliman, and Lion, right?

>how are valks vtols
They have dinky thrusters at the tips of their wings just like the boxraven does, apparently this is enough.
>why are tau suit legs to fucking small
The same reason Assault Marines and Titans exist.
>why do nids grow ak47 looking bioguns?
Heroic scale probably, that and the alternative is literal dickguns.

Why would he be immune to psychic powers? That's retarded.

Cus wolf power

so which primarchs aren't coming back?
snaguinius (pls no memery gw)
kurze (pls no memery gw)
horus (pls no memery gw)
anyone I forgot (I don't know much about the primarchs)

Because he beats up NEEEEEEERDS.

Valkyries are VTOL because they would look stupid landing and taking off if they weren't, given their role and concept, but GW doesn't realize what a jet has to look like to be capable of VTOL.

So what are the current points of scatbikes and how big do you think the point drop will be?

Whats everyone working on tonight? I've got 6 DE Reavers built and waiting to be primed in the morning when it isn't so humid.

Nid players:

If you've managed to make Shrikes without using the no longer available Shrike wings, how did you do it? My best bet now is to use two pairs of gargoyle wings, like pick related.

>dinky thrusters
like those on the jj abrams star trek and discovery?
>suit legs
fuck physics
>dick guns
what about face guns?

Ferrus Manus of the Iron Hands.
MAYBE Rogal Dorn (he might come back with bionic arms).
Alpharius unless plot twist.

Think everyone else is alive and can always come back. A large amount of loyal Primarchs ran off and didn't actually die.

Are Soul Grinders any good?

I was going to work on my Tantalus this week but the Eldar previews made me shelve my DE until their dex

If they bring back Ferrus they bring back anyone

I prefer literal dickguns. Because that is what they are. Many of them are genitals, there is no way around it. They are shooting infantile rippers. What do you think a fleshborer beetle is? Though, I guess shooting a formed organism rather than the tyranid equivalent of sperm makes them literal vagina tubes. Or feminine dick guns.

Ferrus Manus.

>alpharius unless plot twist
you bet ya, he's coming back
>rogal dorn
he'll be a centurion/dread probably
>ferrus manus
how did he die?

Lord Adorable better come back, otherwise I will be very sad

Tau suits have anti gravity tech, which is why they're so agile. They were much bulkier and less used before they developed the technology. It's why something like the Riptide can function at all, never mind fly around.

The real reason is that Valks, like basically any non-FW Imperial flyer, are just bastardized helo designs with fixed wings. It's no secret the Valkyrie is meant to be the space MI-24 and therefore must have VTOL

>Which aren't
Bitch, they all are. This is the age we're in.

What army best replicates the feel of the Justice Lords, a tyrannical alternate universe version of the Justice League, particularly the animated series version in the now discontinued DCAU?

ferrus got beheaded by fulgrim at isstvan V

M6" BS3+ WS3+ S4 T4 W4 A3 Ld. 9 3+

Wargear:
-Chainsword
-Bolt pistol
-2x Fenrisian Wolf

Ferrus got ahead of himself.

He's been hinted to have suppressed latent psychic power. This could have taken the form of an anti-psyker field, where he functionally imitates nulls by essentially (passively or otherwise) dedicating all his psychic potential to DtW instead of offensive uses.

Plus, if he's been in the Warp for 10k years, he's probably grown inured to it to some degree.

Also, because fuck Magnus

I've been meaning to pick up a Tantalus, such sweet looking model.

>what about face guns?
Looks like shit as a model even if it does work in practice. Think about the Fex and its bioplasma, it's already a cool model it doesn't need a gun too. Gants have nothing going for them and would look derpy if you take away their gun. Even Gaunts have cool claws.

>feminine penis guns
I didn't know I wanted this

Shadowswords really shouldn’t be only 550 points with 3D3 shots

Loyalist Space Marines under a Primarch. Only Ultras right now, but more will come soon enough.

What do yall think of a Crusader being used as an Inquisitor? I'm guessing in the Inq codex they'll have a few more options than they do now.

>no manly beard

Looks a bit silly desu but anything bigger like daemon prince wings is not going to fit easily and is going to cost a lot more than is worth it so....

Ah man, remember when Primarchs were the progenitor of the Legions instead of fucking 12 feet tall movie superheroes that are strictly better than humans in every conceivable way and spend their time getting involved in soap opera dramas? Good times.

Its cheaper than that, are you including sponsons?

It can pretty reliably make its points back in a phase
Stupid

As a SM Mighty Hero, he'd have had at least W5 and A5, user, if you really are going to base him on RT Russ.

They're actually like 402 base.
>yfw Shadowsword is very nearly as good as the Falchion for a value approaching half its price

If you want a storm shield inquisitor just use hector rex for now

I wouldn't even bother, they're probably getting removed from the Codex anyways.

Alright, makes sense I guess. My friend threw a shitfit about it, but he's a hardline WAACfag, so I'll use it as +3a/6 until an Errata comes out, if it does.

Someone like him was spotted leading the Legion of the Damned, wasn't he? They're basically Emps-aligned daemons.

He's had 10000 years to grow one, give it time.

M - 9"
WS - 2+
BS 2+
S - 6
T - 6
W - 8
A - 7
LD - 10
SV 3+

Frostblade Mjalnar - S +2, AP -3, D - 3 (any wound roll of 5/6 causes 2 addition attacks, these rerolls can cause addition rerolls).

Helwinter - S x2, AP - 2, D-d3 (must make at least 1 attack with this weapon, on a wound roll of 6, it inflicts D3 mortal wounds instead.

Plasma pistol

----

And they shall know no fear
Armour Elavagar - Leman Russ has a 4+ invulnerable save.
Wolf-Lord - If your army is Space Wolf battle forged, you recieve D3 addition Command Points if Russ is your warlord
Fenrisian Ferocity - You can re-roll and failed charge rolls for friendly Space Wolf units within 9" of Russ, in addition all units within 6" generate one extra attack in the combat phase
Wolfs revenge - If playing against Dark Angels or their successor chapters (but not Fallen) you must challenge their warlord to a duel although Russ cannot be used for this duel. You may choose any other Space Wolf HQ model in your army or any elite model. This is rule also counts for Thousand Sons but only if Magnus the Red is present.

Just finished the voidreaver (on right), taking a small break to do terrain before doing the rest of the troupe models I have.

Harlequins are dope, but I also ally them with dark eldar for larger games

You do know the difference between being a psyker and null right? Hint nulls aren't psykers.

He's Beowulf, that's why

You are wrong, here is the official, 100% confirmed list of primarchs returning, in the correct order:

The Lion, because Dark Angels have unique models, and a release of their primarch would boost sales of these pre-existing models. This also makes it less necessary to create new molds while still making new money.

Leman Russ, because Space Wolves have unique models, and a release of their primarch would boost sales of these pre-existing models. This also makes it less necessary to create new molds while still making new money.
Sanguinius, because Blood Angels have unique models, and a release of their primarch would boost sales of these pre-existing models. This also makes it less necessary to create new molds while still making new money.

Dorn will never come back, Corax will never come back, Vulkan will never come back, Ferrus will never come back.Jaghatai Khan will never come back.
Why? Not because of lore reasons, but because of the fact that they would not boost sales of the same models as the three primarchs previously listed.

This is the same reason why Magnus and Mortarion came back, with Angron and Fulgrim sure to follow suit. Because Tzeentch, Nurgle, Khorne and Slaanesh models already exist, and boosting the sales of pre-existing molds is more financially responsible than creating new ones.

Cynicism aside, I'm glad to see how many new models Death Guard recieved I expected something smaller, on par with the Thousand Sons. The fact that Death Guard are pretty much a full army gives me hopes for the arrival of the other two chaos god specific traitor primarchs.

Although it's different because it's the shooting phase there is a tau rule called volley fire that actually specifies you getting an extra shot and not a shooting attack so I guess that means they actually have the difference in mind when writing the rules

should I field 2 different IG patrol detachments to keep my doctrine for my guardsmen, and have doctrines got my scions?
or should I field a single detatchemnt and keep my scions undoctrined but get 3cp?

What's the easiest way to fix the Fell chassis'?

Flachion needs to become 6d3 shots but its still worse than two Shadowswords because the 'swords would have 52 wounds+regiment(hello valhallan). Even if you used Supreme Command with 3 psykers for a 2+ and -1 to hit and an aux giving only one regiment rules they're still better.

Fellblades cannon is worse than the Baneblade cannon. You pay a lot for 8 lascannons. A bane with 4xLC/HB is still over 100 points cheaper though. You have 4 fewer LC shots but a lot more secondary arms and regiment rules.

Marines get reroll auras on characters but thats even more points on top.

I''m thinking primary weapon buff+points reduction or primary weapon buff+wound increase without point increase.

looking good!

finish your bases, please.

I've seen it a million times.

But that really is a fucking garbage picture.

Thousand Sonfag here, I agree. One of the reasons I liked Wrath of Magnus was it felt like two armies with powerful generals were going at it, several named characters popping up at different points. Wish there'd been more Sorcerer characters though and less daemons.

Nijal Stormcaller is seriously cool, even if he's a wolf wolf.

You can desummon after barking.

The actual list is Lion, Angron, Russ/Sanguinius, Fulgrim, Sanguinius/Russ (whichever didn't arrive before), in that order.

He can't be a null. Nulls don't have souls, Lemon does.

Thats not bad actually. I'd probably make him a bit faster though. Hes probably going to come back part Wulfen or something so more attacks and more movement at the very least. Probably around 520 points or so.

Gargoyle wings look silly as hell, and break the general rule of every tyranid organism having exactly six limbs now (Even if they are fused at the elbow, like with the pyrovore and Stonecrusher carnifex).

I personally took the spare upper body I got in a warrior pack and put it into the spare lower body I got in a ravener pack. This makes for 1 shrike per 6 other models, and is very inefficient unless you want a lot of warriors and raveners.

Almost finished building my fourth plague drone, and ran out of glue. Going to pick some up after work tomorrow and maybe prime too if it isn't humid.

He seems like a bit of turd compared to Greyfax (who I intend to count my Crusader model as).

That dreadnought is so tiny
HE"S CUTE

is jurgen soulless?
he is unpleasant, but he is otherwise a real standup dude
phlegmatic, but he still feels emotion

We might get rules for the other Primarchs once they're HH models come out.

>where he functionally imitates nulls by essentially (passively or otherwise) dedicating all his psychic potential to DtW instead of offensive uses.
Man, reading is so hard nowadays.

Feminine dick guns are not for sexual, they are for launching deadly parasitic organisms which eat you from the inside out.
If that is your fetish, though, they may be for sexual.

>Sanguinius, because Blood Angels have unique models, and a release of their primarch would boost sales of these pre-existing models. This also makes it less necessary to create new molds while still making new money.
user Didn't you hear the other user the other day. He said that No more non primaris models will ever come for blood Angels. Manlet marines are being squatted remember why would you bring back a Primarch to a squatted chapter?

He’s really good, dominate + smite, S4 and a 2+/3++

Yes I read that. Its still dumb as fuck and makes no sense.

A TSfag that doesn't spend his time going REEEEE YIFFS REEEE? You're a regular unicorn m8

holy shit harlequins

ballin.

Jurgen does not have a soul. Nulls can have any kind of personality but still not have a soul. Everyone has a Ba, but not everyone in 40k has a Ka.

They're not squatting anything, they're just not releasing new non-Primaris models (Primarchs don't count).

Each Astartes Codex will definitely accompany another wave of Primaris releases, considering they said there are 3 more of those happening. One each for BA, SW, and DA makes a lot of sense no?

>Source: my ass

t. retard who doesnt know shit about souls in 40k

No matter what you do to it it's never going to be a fair comparison when guard gets special rules for their vehicles. You are paying for the better BS, T9 and 2+ armor I guess. The Fellblade cannon is more versatile at least