/swg/ - Mission Control Edition

Previous Thread: Post about FFG, d6, Saga/d20, X-wing, Lego, Armada and anything else Star Wars Related

Legion announcement
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/18/star-wars-legion/

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4
Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Does your party have a CO/boss/master/superior? What are they like?

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/10/20/indiscriminate-devastation/
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!269:248,-1,13:61:16:U.-1,U.-1;269:248,-1,13:61:16:U.-1,U.-1;268:220,-1,-1:56:16:U.110,U.247&sn=Welcome to the SLAM&obs=
sendspace.com/file/qqtr42
youtube.com/watch?v=mMm9ejt01FI
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!269:248,-1,243:61:7:U.-1,U.-1;269:248,-1,243:61:7:U.-1,U.-1;70:100,22,-1:34:17:&sn=Oh god it's EVERYWHERE!&obs=
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Hammers_Elite_Armor_Unit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Two drill sergeants so far. One gassed our barracks, one is starting to whack one of the players with a baton.

Mine were going to have a Connery-like colonel who frequently made subtle homoerotic remarks unintentionally.

Sup /swg/, I'm looking into which artist I should commission to make our lord and savior, Trioculus.

I'm seeing 2 artists that consist of most of the commissions of Star Wars art- Brian Matyas and Will Nunes.

Has anyone had experience with either of these 2 artists for commission pieces?

Local armada regional is in a month. It'll my first tournament above store championship.

I'm trying to come up with a list so I can get some practice in flying it and it's stressing me out.

Did Sheev specialize in dual wielding or single wielding and what lightsaber form did he specialize in?

Nope, guess it really comes down to will they work for memes and /swg/ love

I believe he was practised in Juyo (form 7) primarily and maybe a couple of others

Quoth the Wook:
>He was ambidextrous and could change his fighting style at a whim—keeping his opponents unsure of what his next move would be. A master of every form of lightsaber combat and stances, Sidious drew his opponents in, fighting less than his true capability, and then striking the fatal blow when his opponents thought they had the better of him.
Palps could do it all. He had mix-ups for days.

It's been 2 months since Legion was announced, and aside from demo videos from GenCon, there hasn't been any news since.

Possibly they plan to deliver all the hype around the release of VIII

It has a 2018 release date so I dunno what you expected

Palpatine was more or less master-tier in nearly every saber style, stance, and fighting technique.

Post legend crap you want to be made canon

So, I came back after missing a month or so of /swg/ to find that Ghosts of Dathomir is out. Does anyone have a PDF yet?

Have you heard about the good word of our lord Waru?

Last thread had it

What Legends content I want to see made canon?

Star Wars not being totally bad outside of the original trilogy and parts of the prequels.

These threads, before the dark times and the dark times, and the /new/tv/r9k/reddit/ invasion

Mega link in the OP for canon material is dead.

both classes of based bigass star destroyers

Well, they did say "early 2018." And Armada was released Q1 of 2015 and real previews started in September 2014.

Of course, knowing FFG's ability to meet the timelines they announce, we'll probably get it just in time for Black Friday 2018.

so you don't want any of legends to be made canon?

All I want from Disney is to make him canon again.

Fighting him in JK 3 is a motherfucker, he has like every force power maxed and power buffs himself to hell and back

Got to recommend my bro and fa/tg/uy regourso.

Pretty much these guys beat me to it.

they would ruin him. Honestly there's not a single piece of legends I would want them to touch, because they would just fuck it over.

Yes, cuz everything from Legends is perfect and everything new that's come out is awful

Question time

Were these droids just kept locked in closets on destroyers until palpatine died and they let themselves out? Or were they distributed manually?

Maybe that's what all of the red-robed guard have under their helmets.

My guess would be they were stashed someplace like Vader's castle on Vjun or Byss. They were activated and began searching out the indivuduals when palps didn't send a check-in code.

Distributed manually

That drawing triggers me so hard, every time.

There's A LOT of body he can't protect with just that lightsaber. Why draw him with most of his body exposed and in reach of his enemy? I understand that it makes for a better composition, but then why doesn't he have a weapon more suited to his mophology, like a pike or something similar with longer reach?

I just, the lack of thought behind it kills me.

/autism

I love those droids. Fantastic concept.

I agree with the better weapon but that area of a Hutt is hardly a weak spot. No vital organs are in that area and even if you manage to chop him in half there it would probably just speed him up

I'm gonna be running a REUP game soon and I'd like a climactic point of a certain chapter in the campaign to be a small-scale assault on a Rebellion-age Imperial spaceship for the purpose of reclaiming data and/or important person.

Currently I'm looking at the Gozanti-class Freighter.

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/10/20/indiscriminate-devastation/

It's finally here. It looks good. The Os-1 has no point limiter on it. SLAM into harpoon missiles for days. If the PS4 has an EPT I can totally see running three of them loaded out.

>Important Release Update!
>X-Wing Wave XII (consisting of the Alpha-class Star Wing, the M12-L Kimogila Fighter, and the Phantom II) and Wave XIII (consisting of the Resistance Bomber and the TIE silencer) were originally announced as separate waves. Fortunately, we have been able to move our release dates to release all five ships simultaneously!
aka "wave 12 is delayed"

If it comes out in December or first week of January, which given that everything has already been on the boat for a bit now seems likely, then no not really.

What Sith has your favorite design?

BROTHERS, IT WAS ONCE THE TIME OF BOMBS, BUT SOON IT SHALL BE THE TIME OF MISSILES AND TORPEDOES.

>Revan trying to peek out because Malak is blocking his view

What? But everything has less than four agility...

Why are there so many fateposters in /swg/?

This lmao.

Honestly the only shit I enjoyed from Legends were a few Clone Wars novels, the Bane trilogy and the Dark Forces games.

Also Shadow of the Empire, the game not the novel.

X-wing/TIE Fighter were godlike too. And Rogue Squadron. But like, that's it for me

People don't really use missiles and torps that won't hit anymore so I don't think that will really make waves. I guess it's really good if you've brought cluster missiles and you run into the one TIE swarm still being played in the world and miss both shots because you don't have guidance chips for whatever reason, but really what are the odds of that ever happening?

>someone saved the Trioculus card I made as a joke
There probably aren't, just a few active posters who happen to have some Fate-related reaction images.

Easy. Better question: what is the best Vader design?

Dark Helmet, obviously.

The freighter if you want it to be something that can't fightback as hard. But you could choose the intel version of the gozanti to better justify the important file macguffin

this is a very complicated chain of qualifiers

As an outsider, X-Wing always strikes me with how difficult it is to evaluate how good a new ship is going to be - or even what sort of playstyle it will have - unless you know all the upgrades by heart, because they change so much of how a ship can function.

I don't know all the upgrades by heart, but once you get into it, you recognize what good ones there are, or at least, what capabilities are good (i/e EPT slot is always good).

The Star Wing is probably good. K-Wings show us that SLAM n' stuff is pretty useful, and much like Advanced SLAM bombs, the Star Wing has several ways to SLAM and then still do stuff. It also has maneuvering flexibility I think Imperial players will like. It has flexibility in upgrades too, in useful areas, but not unlimited flexibility which has been a real balance problem. It feels good.

BTW, this article confirms the Advanced SLAM nerf, it's in some of the images that it's now Action Bar only.

Advanced SLAM on K-Wings is dead, long live Advanced SLAM on Star Wings.

>f the PS4 has an EPT I can totally see running three of them loaded out.

Yo.

Two Rho Vets and Karsabi would be a fun list

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!269:248,-1,13:61:16:U.-1,U.-1;269:248,-1,13:61:16:U.-1,U.-1;268:220,-1,-1:56:16:U.110,U.247&sn=Welcome to the SLAM&obs=

>strawmanning this hard
No, only that they would ruin the good bits of legends they would choose to adapt in order to earn money based off nostalgia. For example the character assasination of Thrawn on Clone wars is a perfect example of their hackery. Kill yourself dear user.

Yeah I put out a PDF for it. sendspace.com/file/qqtr42

Thinking of starting Destiny.

Anyone got any good tips for a beginner, except get 2 starter boxes?

Get the two-player box instead of the old starter deck.

two-player box rundown
youtube.com/watch?v=mMm9ejt01FI

draft set is about to come out, its a good way to start building decks on a small budget. 15 bucks for a neutral blue red and yellow character is a good guarantee you can build something out of packs.

If you follow the mantra of most tcg players, buy singles and not packs.

Best use for this I can find:

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!269:248,-1,243:61:7:U.-1,U.-1;269:248,-1,243:61:7:U.-1,U.-1;70:100,22,-1:34:17:&sn=Oh god it's EVERYWHERE!&obs=

Rho Squadron Veteran — Alpha-class Star Wing 21
Saturation Salvo 1
Harpoon Missiles 4
Munitions Failsafe 1
Os-1 Arsenal Loadout 2
Ship Total: 29

Rho Squadron Veteran — Alpha-class Star Wing 21
Saturation Salvo 1
Harpoon Missiles 4
Munitions Failsafe 1
Os-1 Arsenal Loadout 2
Ship Total: 29

Colonel Vessery — TIE Defender 35
Ruthlessness 3
Ion Cannon 3
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II 1
TIE/D 0
Ship Total: 42

100pts of splash everywhere. You hit with your harpoons, you hit with your harpoons. You miss, you hit with your harpoons, and now you don't need to reload next turn.
Meanwhile doubleshooting Vessery with Ion Cannons.

I'm just sad that I can't use this on a punisher

So Veeky Forums who do you think did it better? The Imperial Remnant or the First Order?

Yeah, the Punisher was very much shafted in heavy bomber design. It ideally needs better repositioning and either an EPT slot or pilot abilities so good you don't give a fuck.

>pilot abilities so good you don't give a fuck.
Don't remind me how badly redline got screwed over

Don't worry, FFG saved Kihraxz and StarVipers of all things, they'll remember to save the Punisher one of these days.

Kind of shot themselves in the foot making the first imperial aces pack double squints, now that I think about it. Could have got more mileage out imperials.

Arquitens light cruiser is another good choice. Star destroyer-shaped, but still manageable if you have a blockade runner too

Is this even a question?

Empire helmet, first order body

Remnant hands down. Hell even Mr. Evil Twirly-Mustache Guy aka Zsinj is more interesting than Ginger Hitler and Darth Columbine

But is it better than the Waru

I'll never ever consider Rebels canon instead of this

Saturation salvo is a trap.

I've seen double-rho with HLC, linked batteries, LRS, and Crack for 64, leaving space either for a third Rho or an ace. An average of 11.25 damage on round 1 and 10.54 without TL each other round. Need to leave an engagement? Slam some 3's!

Or something involving the ordinance title and munitions- the issue there it it's outclassed as a munition carrier on the generics due to not wanting deadeye. Guidance Chips nerf when though?

Rebels is a million billion times better than that garbage. TFA is better than that garbage.

You have absolutely zero idea about what you're talking about.

Ooh yr rilin' me up

Tell me how Vader having a secret apprentice that is stronger than himself, met Yoda and started the Rebellion make any kind of sense? Or the fact that the rebel leaders were brought to the fucking Death Star? I'll for your lackluster response

What the hell have you been smoking and where can i get some, because that seems to be some heavy shit.

How is Saturation Salvo good? It gives you a 50% chance for 1 damage if you miss with a missile or torp- you could just have your shots be designed to actually hit, as in this low-agility enviroment, it's hard to miss a 4-die shot.

Ffg stop it plz
I don't have that much money to spend on xwing

>For example the character assasination of Thrawn on Clone wars is a perfect example of their hackery.
this sentence proves you have no idea what you're talking about

>Thrawn on Clone Wars
You're not even trying. And the post I replied specified "any" legends material. Don't spout generalist crap and then walk it back when someone calls you out

I'm not him but you're overstating some things.

>stronger than Vader
arguably, but I'll give you that. keep in mind, Luke was stronger than Vader too.

>met Yoda
his clone walked past Yoda. they barely spoke. it was lame fan service, sure, but it was barely significant.

>started the Rebellion
saying he "started the rebellion" is like saying Vader "started the Empire". he played a hand in it, but even in the game's story itself it's Organa, Mon Mothma, Bel Iblis and Kota that start the rebellion.

I like pieces of both.
This shit was a pretty fun vidya with cool physics but a shit ass story that contradicts Legends more than Rebels does lol.

It's a 1pt upgrade, and with good reason. The point is you pair it up with Arsenel Loadout, never spend the TL and fire every turn with it. You either hit and Harpoon, or miss and get the effect and don't need to reload next turn. So you can reposition your TL if needed.
I'd also be interested in whether this card's effects can proc the Harpoon effect if the effected ship rolls a crit. My instict is no, but it could be a cool combo.

It's not really all that great outside of things with reload access like this or the Kimogila. The Kimo has the added draw however of being able to pair this cards effect up with Captain JoJo, for yet more ways to get his ability to work.

Again though. 1pt upgrade. It was never going to be completely bonkers. Linked Batteries is interesting. It could work on a B-Wing that doesn't want to put Fire-Con into it's Systems slot, or Predator into it's EPT. It's got obvious synergy with an HLC Assault Boat. A Rhoboat with Crackshot? That clocks in at 32pts. Leaves you 36pts left to spend on another ship. I think the standard Quickdraw build clocks in around that price tag doesn't she?

Huh, so the Hell's Hammers were in Rogue One.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Hammers_Elite_Armor_Unit

Are the animated Star Wars shows (Clone Wars and Rebels) worth watching?

>The hammers, in a tread tank.
>But tread tank still has the silly side guns like their legends hover tank.

Acceptable.

Clone Wars has some good, a lot not so good, but overall very worth it.
The best episodes are the ones centered on the actual clones.
I couldn't get into Rebels. Felt aimed at way too young an audience. Been meaning to give it another go since Thrawn was introduced.

Yeah, they've pulled back on that "younger audience" aspect.

Unless you think watching Mandalorians get literally incinerated before your very eyes is "for the kids".

I mean, thats for the whole family really. I feel spending time in front of the old Mandalorian fire to be very rewarding and educational.

It is for Mandalorian kids

As much as I dislike Rebels and nucanon in general all of it has been leagues better than Farts Unleashed. What a miserable game.

Why, in EotE, is the DC-15 a blaster rifle instead of a heavy? Can anyone justify this?

Clone Wars, past season 2, is pretty good. It's an anthology show with arcs, the best ones being
>Umbara (Clones)
>Jedi Temple Bombing (Doubt among the Jedi)
>Return of Maul (Exactly what you think)
>Prelude to Order 66
>Insurgency on Onderon (Republic sponsors rebels on a Sepratist world, and the beginning of Saw Guerrera)
There are also a lot of one off episodes that are worth watching on their own. You'll get used to Anakins Padawan, and eventually you'll wonder why she wasn't in Episode III, since Lucas was actually thinking about doing that, but cut the idea for time

Rebels is not nearly as good overall, but there are a couple episodes each season that are pretty good. It hasn't quite improved over time as TCW did.

Because the DC-15 has several patterns, and the most common one wasn't the huge-ass rifle we see in AotC. Most models were shortened.

SAVE THE THREAD! SAVE THE GAMES!