>Contact Information
>Additional Information

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/y7jy6YF
myth-weavers.com/game.php?g=30041
discord.gg/QrnK9f
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/92215/the-hallow-evening-myfarog-2-dot-6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A question for those of you that do play-by-post games; What's a decent site to run a play-by-post game off of? Ideally, I'd like to have a group of about 8 people and I'd basically handle the game as a series of solo campaigns that occasionally overlap and eventually are brought together for what's essentially the climax. Might also have a discord server for the group for post notifications and just group chatter. Any sites or forums work well for that kind of game?

Discord, set different text rooms for each player. Then a communal room for when it overlaps.

What sort of games do the game finder(s) like? Fantasy? Specific rulesets or something else?

Think the majority of people have a specific system they want to play, and an idea of themes or settings they enjoy if that system doesn't have it's own setting to go with it. Personally, I'm always on the lookout for L5R or Exalted games, more of the former right now. Damn shame L5R is so rare ;_;

Run it

Here's the Game Finder discord link:
discord.gg/y7jy6YF

>GM/Player
I do both. I'm not a great DM, but I know the position. I'd like to think that I'm an alright player
>System
I know 5e, learning Pathfinder, learning Star Wars Edge of the Empire, but I'm willing to learn your system
>Time Availability
I'm EST, available pretty much anytime in the afternoon after 2:15
>Text or Voice
I'm flexible
>Contact Information
My Steam Is Chocolate Milk Enema

>GM or Player
GM
>System
L5R 4e
>Time Availability
Play-By-Post
>Text or Voice
Text
>Contact Information
myth-weavers.com/game.php?g=30041
>Additional Information
Play-by-post L5R game, will be leading up to big, empire-affecting events that the PCs will be directly involved in. Details in the forum of the game I linked.

>Contact via steam

I'm a tender soul

How does the gamefinder general feel about homebrew games?

They are games like others.

>GM or Player
Player
>System
dnd 5e or dark heresy
>Time Availability
3pm-5am 'straya time (GMT+10. This can be adjusted with warning)
>Text or Voice
Text preferably
>Contact Information
Steam: Smashing.exe
>Additional Information
Absolute first-timer. I understand some of the basics and that's it. I've lurked for some time and understand the importance of group dynamics and session 0. I'll go as far as a warlock if rolling a caster and enjoy more then humans, elves and dwarves. I will try and reach a compromise if something comes up, and for GM's that run ERP or games with /lewd/ elements. I'm willing to play along

LET THERE BE DARK HERESY GAMES

Not him but I want to play it, not run it.

It feels damn good to have found a good group with whom to play L5R with when Ishigaki posted his story.

>GM or Player
GM
>System
Western IV
>Times Set (with timezone!)
GMT+2, friday evenings.
>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)
Roll20
>Voice or text
Text, possibly voice for OOC but not obligatory.
>Contact Info/Discord Room Link
discord.gg/QrnK9f
>Additional Notes
Western IV is a swedeshit system currently in translation, somewhere inbetween realism and Clint Eastwood, with options to go full Django.

damn, I would love to play this. I'd go full Ladd Russo

>GM or Player
GM
>System
MYFAROG 2.6
>Time Availability
NEET
>Text or Voice
Any
>Contact Information
L0ki/Lowkey#1985
>Additional Information
roll20: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/92215/the-hallow-evening-myfarog-2-dot-6

its expected you dont know anything about the system. this is a oneshot game to try it out

Is it flake to leave a game where the gm hasn't said anything in about a week?

Have you tried talking to him?

Maybe he died.

>would it be flaking if I did the same thing the GM did?
Yes

>GM or Player
Player
>System Preferred
5e
>Times Available (with timezone!)
(EST) Tuesday after 7pm, Wednesday after 7pm, Thursdays, Friday after 7pm, Saturdays before 8pm, Sundays
>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)
Roll20, Discord
>Voice or text
Voice
>Contact Info/Discord Room Link
PM on Discord
>Additional Notes
I can stream campaigns, I know my way around Roll20 and am flexible with character classes.

Do people prefer text or voice games?

Depends on the people.

Both have their advatanges.
The only thing that bothers me about text is that from my experience people seem less likely to interact with each other and their too preoccupied typing out their thoughts.

Voice games:
>Feel more like you're around a real table
>Help keep out autists
>Much faster

Text games:
>Waiting forever for other players to hunt and peck
>Only have one encounter per session because everything takes so long
>Peoples' attention wanders elsewhere when it isn't their turns, meaning it takes even longer because you've got to get their attention when it is

>>Much faster
This meme will never, ever be true. The rest is more mindless voicefag lies about text. Fuck off.

Even in voice games, I don't really see more than one encounter per session because nobody reads/remembers rules for anything.

>Help keep out autists
It's cute how you think that. In reality it filters out only the more tolerable autists while keeping the worst of the bunch.

>GM or Player
Player
>System
D&D5e or Pathfinder. Pretty new to both systems, and I'm also willing to learn any other ones, as long as they're not too complicated.
>Time Availability
PST, Weekends.
>Text or Voice
Text.
>Contact Information
Legal Malvado#4728
>Additional Information
I've played through one short campaign and a one-shot for 5e, I don't have much experience in PF though.

All these salty textfags.

I prefer voice because it's more social, like a normal game. Combat really is faster, and general back-and-forth is a lot easier. It also allows for acting, if you're into that.

That said, it is harder for social autists like me to "break in" to a voice game, although I get over it by drinking.

t. Mic Fellatio

t. typing tuberculosis

Still looking for a SR5 Text game.

Me too.

>"S-so umm, like... Umm, you're all, umm, all at that place right? And the K-king....like, umm tells you to go fight the uh, the guy."
>Having to ask people to repeat shit because their mic is a 5$ piece of hardware from 2003
>Being interrupted by screaming kids, barking dogs and the other players mom asking if he wants to buy tendies with his good boy points over their aforementioned shitty mics.
>Hearing some asthmatic neckbeard trying to do his dwarven accent or voice the sultry Elvish maid.

Nah m8. I'll stick with text any day.

Also even slow speakers talk 20 times faster than a slow typer types.

Difference is, the slow typer will focus on getting something done. The slow speaker will not.

mbup