R.I.P. 40k

belloflostsouls.net/2017/10/feminist-40k-admins-respond.html
>However, like all fandoms, it has its dark underbelly: a tribal and woefully toxic group of players who seek to isolate and protect “their” fandom at all costs, similar to a child screaming over “their” section of the playground when it is to be shared for everyone. This has plagued the fandom for generations, and while not exclusive to the game, has turned off many players who feel uncomfortable playing a hobby that requires interaction with such folk. A sample of such fine behavior includes, but is not limited to, demeaning and crass treatment of women in game stores, condoning racist and abhorrent behavior towards minorities or disabled persons, online harassment, and shaming other people for daring to enjoy the same hobby.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wDncDbK2mb4
youtube.com/watch?v=AxV8gAGmbtk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This guy talks about it

youtu.be/wDncDbK2mb4

How about you ignore the websites you don't like a mature human being instead of polluting the board with a thread that will go absolutely nowhere?

Fuck off mate, you've been making these threads 24/7. No point in spamming the board.

Feminism is cancer.

News at 10.

Sorry not the same guy. I didnt see it in the list.

Take a shower, shave, jack off before you come to the store, don't be a bell-end

How is this a problem?

>j-just ignore it i-it'l go away
Thats such a weak willed outlook and also a losing one. They never go away or stop.

No it's not. Radical feminism is cancer. The people who think feminism = all men must die are cancer. The people who think "you know maybe if everyone was treated equally things would be a bit better" aren't even an issue.

You sure are making such a difference there.
How strong you were, posting a thread on a Taiwanese animatronics image board. I wish I was as strong-willed as you are.

It's not about the fat smelly nerds. It's about the 40k

They want female marines and transgender imperial guard.

>click bait site writes click bait article

Truly groundbreaking.

>40kiddies having to face reality
You've been the single largest embarrassment of the hobby for years, time to wake up

>"normal" feminists talk about "toxic masculinity"
>they want to feminise men and boys
>"they just want equality hurr durr"

Thats nice but ignoring an issue and pretending it will go away is still weak regardless of what you say.

Yes, and? Unless you take a rifle and go visit each one of them, they'll indeed never go away and stop. So that thread is quite pointless.
Play games instead of raging about other people, this way you won't look exactly like the people you're complaining about, and you'll spare yourself a peptic ulcer.

Thanks for the tip schlomo!

Will 40k go the way comics did? That would actually really hurt.

No

You give them a hand and they take an arm. Neckbeard white knights don't understand this.

>HURR IF U WANT TO STOP DEM U HAVE TO KILL THEM
Are you like 16 or something?

Remember that simpsons halloween episode with the giant billboard mascots and advertisements?

"Just Don't Look, Just Don't Look."

What hobby table top shit in general or 40k in particular.

If the second no fucking shit. 40k has been the biggest embracement of 40k.
>much profound
>very insight
>so fortune cookie
>wow

If you mean for table top hobbies in general then no. Yu Gi Oh still takes that turd crown.

Probably.

At this point, all "feminism" is radical feminism. If its on the internet and calls itself feminism, its radical feminism.

>You give them a hand and they take an arm.
Either you can't bear that someone is wrong on the internet, or you think that blog articles are the main motive force behind an editorial line. In both cases you should take a long walk in the forest to cool down.

And if you absolutely can't stand an opinon that differs from yours, then go shitpost on BoLS directly. What do you try to accomplish by coming here? Recruit like-minded people? Veeky Forums isn't your personal army, mate.

Yeah. First wave feminism was about voting rights. Now it's about having transgender space wolves.

What's your solution? Make angry threads on Veeky Forums? That sure shows them.

I never said that though did i? Also i didn't make the thread and it's still a better suggestion than ignore it or kill them.

t.feminist male (virgin)

Onan the White, Knight of the Fourth Chan, no matter your valiant efforts to defend fair maidens upon ye internet forums thou shalt not be compensated with licentious reciprocations.

>hobby is full of teenage NEETs, unattractive women and middle aged autists
>somehow a rare collection of people with lots of time/money, interest in violent fascist fantasy literature and poor personal hygiene has not become feminist already

40k is too small and shitty a fandom for them to bother putting much effort into ruining anything.

I know this thread's getting removed soon, like all the rest, but makes you really wonder why people who insist on being fans and liking the setting, also say it's racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. So what exactly do they like it for? It's like when people complain how the US or Europe is racist, yet they want to bring darkies into that racist country. Why? Are these the same people who in the 30's would have poured more Jews into Germany to make it less racist? What is their logic? Why aren't they advocating for more black in the KKK or more Jew Nazis? Clearly that's their answer for everything. Or is it just the next form of fedora tipping euphoria?

>40k is too small and shitty a fandom for them to bother putting much effort into ruining anything.
It's the only nerd fandom they *haven't* ruined. They got DnD, they got Magic the Gathering, they always had the World of Darkness, they got video games...

Wherever the uncucked male gathers, feminists will follow there in the hopes of shitting all over their fun.

t. nu-right alt-male tourist

Because cultural works of fiction shape opinions. Pic related, sixty years of hollywood cultural imperialism in France, about who contributed the most to german defeat in 1945.

Nonetheless, it doesn't mean that a racist setting has no right to exist, and the SJW should try to make their own games like Bellum Maga instead of changing/removing the ones they don't like.
On the other side, we have retards that think that getting all defensive over such minor points doesn't sound like suspicious denial to third parties.
Both sides consider that if you're not with them, you're against them, further radicalizing the debate. So instead of discussing whether 40k is racist or not, it devolves into two groups calling each other fascist and white knights, with zero analysis of the setting itself.

Meanwhile 99% of the players don't give a fuck and just want to enjoy their games without people telling them they're enjoying their toy soldiers the wrong way.

>complaining about 40k being gender biased
>when SoB and marines are the male and female complements to eachother
>and there's literally all-female regiments and Amazonian women
>and eldar are totally egalitarian
>and so are Admech if you count cutting off all your parts and replacing them with machines egalitarian
>and necrons are about the same deal, but can express masculine/feminine personalities
>and orks don't have genders
>and tyranids don't have genders
>and chaos doesn't have gender
>but also kinda does and has male/female representation
>and inquisitors in lore seem to be 90% female
>so does every stern second in command that helps the hero in the IG
>and pretty much all the great books have a well-done female character who fits into 40k and works well as a good character, not just because they needed some Mary Sue for representation (grey Knights does this the best)
>and Tau have male/female equality
>and so do dark Eldar
>and so do chaos Marines, at least as far as trannies go
>literally the only complaint I can see and agree with is some female options don't have models (IG), which I'd love to see a sprue set come out for
Y'know they talk about "sexism", but aside from misunderstanding it's a beyond dystopian gothic setting (which is why some of the baroque outfits have weird designs like bookplate), and as such things may be a little unfair (never heard them complaining about the Admech massacring innocent Tau civilians), but all things considered 40k is actually incredibly not sexist. Like I mean in a grimdark setting you'd expect that, but instead there's a ton of intelligent and well-written female characters that stand up by talent and not writing pressures.

But tbqh I think a lot of this is just "we want female marines NOW!", but that's not the point of marines. They're the space warrrior monks, SoB are the space warrior nuns. I don't see this fictional aesthetic choice as sexist

In the Imperium everyone is meat for the grinder, physical biases be damned. Also I think you're right about the female space marines pary, I highly doubt that any of those writers have even read any books or no about the lore. Hell I bet they don't even know what the HH is.

>Because cultural works of fiction shape opinions.

So they want to control the narrative?

>Pic related, sixty years of hollywood cultural imperialism in France

I hope there's more to this claim than a graph.

>On the other side, we have retards that think that getting all defensive over such minor points doesn't sound like suspicious denial to third parties.

So "I don't like this, change it" is not good, but "no, I like the way it is" is equally bad? The onus should be on the person who wants to change it.

>those writers have even read any books or no about the lore

No, they'll just invent ways of ignoring it.

youtube.com/watch?v=AxV8gAGmbtk

"I don't like it" and "I like it the way it is" are both valid opinions.
"If you like [setting] then you're a neonazi and should be neutered and forced to follow gender reassignement therapy" and "don't touch [setting], how dare you imply it could even be less than perfect, I swear I'll kill you and then rape your corpse", however...
I mean, just look at the amount of name calling and actual discussion in this very thread. Only and the user answering him are actually talking about it, the rest is "NO U".

>someone says only two anons are being productive members of the conversation
>big fat (You) right next to it
Nice.

Nah, ignoring these people is the best solution, giving them attention brings their ideas to the forefront of discussion.

Who said it was perfect? Nobody. And just because it's not perfect doesn't mean someone can come and dictate how it should be changed, because all the people enjoying it now are "wrong."

fuck off with this bullshit, noone reasonable is going to fucking listen to this stupid shit

If you don't point out the faults in their argument, people will actually listen to them, because they're not hearing anyone saying they're wrong.

can you really tell the difference now? I mean if I had what you would call a radical they would be spouting the same bullshit as te non radicals

Problem is that there's a lot of unreasonable people in the world.

Nobody said 40k players should be neutered either, user. I think you're missing the hyberbole.

>The people who think "you know maybe if everyone was treated equally things would be a bit better" aren't even an issue.

Then they're not feminists.

>The people who think "you know maybe if everyone was treated equally things would be a bit better" aren't even an issue.

People are already treated equally. Feminists are people who want even more.

Yes, they're just saying it's a bunch of horrible people who hate women and want to subjugate them in their fantasies, and they should be driven out and replaced with non-binary genderqueer otherkins, who represent the community much more accurately. That's totally different, I'm sorry.

this guy is crybaby that hate everything new and is cancer of the comunity
but most of his lore video are fine

>I swear I'll kill you and rape your corpse
Who has ever fucking said this?

On topic though, if they want whatever in 40k, no one is stopping them. Convert those female space marines, paint them brown if you don't like white people, do whatever the fuck you want, and if you do it well, I'll give you compliments for your hard work.
Don't however come to the discussion demanding things to change because your feelings are hurt. The problem with this and many other similar situations is that they don't know shit about what they want to change. They come in, see all the male models, and expect this to be the setting. Only if they would open up a book and get to know it better, they'd realise that their demands are null

>female conversion kits
Sign me up, this is a good point.

Thank god GW proven that they don't listen to anyone, be it rabid "redpilled" retards or rabid feminists, if it could affect their bottomline.

No they won't because nobody is noticing them anyway. Its like someone putting up one flyer on a telephone pole in the corner of a backwoods town that says "all men are evil." If you just ignore the flyer nobody will ever notice it, but if you start posting pictures of it online saying how awful it is you will bring the ideas it espouses to light spreading them. Feminist 40k is a no name group, their posts only get like 2 shares and a dozen comments. If you really hate their ideas the best you can do is to ignore them and let their ideas wither and die.

Or you know you could keep spreading this shit until mainstream feminists pick this shit up and use their numbers and influence to convince GW to change. I don't play 40k so I don't really give a shit which course of action you take.

People who react hysterically to all minority messages like this have little control over their own emotions, so expect full blown shitstorm. Two groups of immature 30yo babies yelling at uncle GW.

>scoffs his way through the entire article
>argues against every single point, including the ones he agrees on
>tries to mitigate every single valid point the article makes with "Yes, but is that *really* an issue though?"
>holds article to obnoxious standards that he doesn't hold himself to (How much is "many" exactly? Do you have any statistics to back that up?/Says that there is a "minuscule" number of toxic players but doesn't provide an exact number for minuscule or stats to back it up either)
This is just a garbage video all around. He chose the worst approach to making an argument and it consists entirely of "Nuh-uh" and sliding goalposts.
The fact that you hold this up as some sort of great takedown is totally ridiculous.

So how has the whole "just ignore it" been working out for fighting this whole feminism thing so far? This shit seems to be spreading just fine on its own without me having to do shit about it. How many threads have we had here about it, and I bet you, not all of them are by people who even give two shits about 40k.

/co/ here, pretty well.
Most marvel titles marketed at a feminist audience completely crashed and have been rebooted.
Speaking of which, one Marvel exec once said "we make better sales when we anger the nerd; unanimously acclaimed titles don't make as many sales as controversial ones" Draw your own conclusions.
And eurocomics don't give a fuck about SJWs and continue to draw nude prostitutes on their covers.

>So how has the whole "just ignore it" been working out for fighting this whole feminism thing so far?
In 40k? Just fine, I don't see any feminist influences in 40k. You react to individual cases you retard. If there are 50,000 protesting in Washington demanding that all 12 year old boys be castrated it is a good idea to speak out against those ideas. If there is a self published book that has sold 12 copies that suggests that the world would be better off if white men went extinct you are better off ignoring that book than giving it publicity.

>"normal" feminists talk about "toxic masculinity"
Because to a normal feminist, "toxic masculinity" doesn't mean masculinity is toxic. Toxic masculinity refers expectations and external pressure to act in stereotypically "masculine" ways when it is ultimately self-destructive.
Men are more likely not to report abuse, not seek treatment for sickness or injury, engage in violent behavior, etc. because they are expected to "man up" and "take it like a man".
That's toxic masculinity.

>In 40k?

No, in general. People ignored it for decades and brushed off any critics as mongoloid cavemen who hate women, and here we are.

>You react to individual cases you retard.

So what is this, if not an individual case, you smart person you?

A normal feminist drinks male tears and won't shut up about how being hit on at a bar is basically rape. Also, 70% wage gap. 1 in 5 college students raped. And Evergreen University is the most Racist place on the planet (intersectionalism, remember?)

have you read the second part of his post?
react to individual cases ≠ react to every single case

>So what is this, if not an individual case, you smart person you?
A case so small that reacting to it helps them more than harming them.

Then I must have not met a normal feminist in my life, because even the most benign ones sound in real life like they're posting on tumblr.

Also, maybe men wouldn't suffer from "toxic masculinity" if feminists weren't belittling those things whenever they're brought up. You constantly see men's issues being torpedoed from discussion, men's shelters being closed down, etc. I remember a local case where a man called the cops because his wife was beating him, and the female officer basically told him to stop calling or she'll ask his wife to beat him even harder.

>react to individual cases ≠ react to every single case

This is an individual case and I am reacting to it. I have not reacted to every single case. I have complied with your guidelines so what is your problem?

This is ridiculous. 50% of marines are female anyway.

>you are better off ignoring that book than giving it publicity.
Dude, just reread his post entirely, it should click.

You are helping feminist 40k you colossal retard. You are giving them publicity, spreading word about their existence.

Well so are you, so I guess we're retards together.

JUST GIVE US PLASTIC SISTERS FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

Fine, lets ignore it. Once we have pink female space marines and half the primarchs are genderqueer demineutrals, you have no right to go "why didn't anyone do anything to stop this?"

Could someone send the archive link, please? No way I'm giving them views.

>NO U
Oh my, you can't make that shit up.

Yeah, on that topic I think ADB constant retcons and shitty writing are a bigger menace by far.

Besides, I play tau, my faction has already been fucked over by adding countertheme giant robots and putting skimmers and client races under the rug. I survived and just don't play anything above a XV9. It's not hard. No GW police is gonna cut your hands if you don't paint your marines with the official paint schemes.

>NO U
>Oh my, you can't make that shit up.

Are you actually retarded? You bitch to me about "giving them attention" and "bringing this topic up" when all I'm doing is discussing it in the threat that was already there. And so are you discussing it, so you're also giving them attention, by your own logic, so I guess were all retarded up in here.

>ADB

Only carnac gives a fuck about BL writing.

And GW's not gonna tell me not to play WHFB, Mordheim, BFG and Necromunda either, but it sure would be nice to not have to live as a recluse and hope that one day someone would like to play those games again.

Calm down user, you're talking about two different persons.
You're reacting to the case, one user is telling you to shut up/choose your fights better, I'm telling you that "so are you" isn't a great argument, and the thread is autosaging.
So I don't consider that myself or the other user are publicizing feminazis (and you should definitely choose your fights better.

>I'm telling you that "so are you" isn't a great argument

I think it's perfectly appropriate for the "by posting in an autosaging thread on an anonymous Bengalese stone carving website, you are making it that much likely for feminists to take over" level of post.

One thread gets less notoriety than two threads. If I can convince you choose another hill to die on than you will stop spreading this meaning there will be fewer threads about this topic in the future.

Where is it spreading? Do posts from this thread go off and sprout threads of their own? What? I didn't make this thread, I'm only posting in it, as are other people, including you. If I'm making it worse by posting here, then so are you.

>Don't talk about fem40k because it will give them publicity
By that logic
>Don't talk about rapists because you give them publicity

Surprisingly many fa/tg/uys wanna take it up the ass apparently

never heard of copycat crimes?
besides incriminating and discussing are two different things. shitty comparison famalam.

Both are fucking something up. Seemed fitting to me.
And if you're saying not discussing a problem is better than letting people know about it and fearing copycats will show up, I can't help you.
I'd rather know that there are people raping out there and be aware, than not and get surprised by it when it's too late.

Beautiful