Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1823: Olbers Paradox edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Jea0eWQv
pastebin.com/3UHL8bCm
youtube.com/watch?v=gUXAMivosHA
youtube.com/watch?v=cQKGUgOfD8U
youtube.com/watch?v=G8uHkTuHU0Y
youtu.be/cUs8FEsDUZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=tIyNAF5rgYk
youtube.com/watch?v=-sqRredXIFI
youtu.be/ZB_ltsS9w4c
pastebin.com/u26SLK0X
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What happened to that Fossil Fighters jump?

Here's the Supernatural Powers section of Hellboy so far. Did I miss anything?
pastebin.com/Jea0eWQv

I'm looking for some music for a scene, but I can't find anything good. The idea is that someone has possessed Jumper's body, and they're now finally able to fight back and turn the tables on the monster that's hijacked their body.

>being possessed
>not pushing the intruder out with a finger-flick

Obvious Virgin Jumper.

This is for you DeSu, my terrible terrible writing.

Jump 01
Origin: Drop-In

Perks:
Peaceful Days are over (Yay less freakouts)
Conquer your demon -100 (Gonna need some minions)
Let's Survive -300 (Protagonist powers!)
Magical Punishment -200 (My greatest power, LOVE AND JUSTICE!)
Bels and Whistles -800 (No Jumper, you are the MC)

Items:
COMP
Headphones (Need some tunes, hope they have a good battery)
Custom COMP Strength -100 (No bully!)

Drawbacks:
And on the eight day
Bel on Earth
Bloodless Killer +200 (No want companion)
Shomonkai Assault +200 (More chances to get close to Amane)
She's a Witch! +100

Pls no bully.
pastebin.com/3UHL8bCm

What's the best way to justify a Jumper without a Jump-Chan-like-sponsor getting co-purchased items, if they drop-in?
Like, for some things I can make it work, like mundane stuff that exists in the setting normally - bags of cash, guns, swords and armor that are special but not unheard of. In those cases the Jumper just shows up in an area where those things are lying around, and nobody will miss them for a while.
But what about stuff that isn't in the setting normally, like a car that never runs out of gas in a mundane setting, or a box of ammo that refills itself, or a wardrobe that fills itself with clothes that fit you, or numerous items from the Dodgeball Jump?
I'm at a loss.
Pic sort of related.

I'm trying my damnedest to leave last threads bullshit in last thread, but I just have to get it out of the way that is the coolest fucking thing, and I am genuinely ashamed that I didn't think of it first.

Here's to hoping Val wasn't serious about taking away our ability to choose, I really want to steal that idea.

And with that, it is out of my system, and there will be no negative repercussions from bringing this back up.

Young Wizards jump when?

I'm gonna leave it in and just ignore people not doing anything neat with it. If people are actually having fun with it, there's no real reason for me to punish them because of some idiots.

If it makes you feel any better someone mentioned how they put theirs as their...rear entrance.

What's the narrative for the jumping at all? You'd have to fit it to that, I feel.

Well, thank you, user, that's nice of you to say. Always fun when someone says your use of a perk is cool.

Will you at least rule that, even if you lose a body part or switch to an alt form that doesn't have it, you always have a weak spot somewhere?

Whatever gives you your powers/perks somehow gets transferred/overflows to nearby objects, imbuing them with power?

Okay, I laughed way harder then I should have. God, the interaction between you and Midori must have been amazing. And then there's Black Frost (even if he doesn't join you on the Messiah route normally)...

>LOVE AND JUSTICE!
>MAGICAL PUNISHMENT!
>Oh God, there are two of them.
>I AM THE MESSENGER OF LOVE AND JUSTICE, BLACK FROST!
>OH GOD, THERE ARE THREE OF THEM.

Quality work, user.

Would he be a berseker?

It all depends on the mechanics you settled on for how jumping works. We won't be able to help much without a bit more to go on.

Most people just settle on the idea that you just have them when you go in, just cause.

If it helps any, in my current chain, where the whole idea is that the whole chain is taking place inside a supernatural book, where all things, including the jumper, can be interacted with like words on paper by my own benefactor figure, all perks and items are just "written into" the jumper's character description. This is also my explanation for jump-fiat.

youtube.com/watch?v=gUXAMivosHA

Probably my favorite come-back music. But, if you want something a little more appropriate for that moment when the tables are turning on the possessor, psyches fragmenting and battling for control, you might want something a little more turbulent.

youtube.com/watch?v=cQKGUgOfD8U
or
youtube.com/watch?v=G8uHkTuHU0Y

The last one is probably the most appropriate, in all honestly, but I like the former more.

Whenever they drop in there is a burst of Unreality that causes weird things Dadaist things to occur for a couple of seconds. Reality rapidly returns to normal but in some cases weird stuff stabilises and gets left behind where your jumper can pick it up.

Camazotz? I mean, I guess he's bloodthirsty enough for that.

I should mention that the Jump should be done tomorrow if everything goes well, probably sometime in the afternoon.

Be a drop in that has the potental to learn each setting's magic, ki, ect systems. You have to learn and earn your powers over the years. With enough jumps you should have the powers to steal anything.

Nice to know you enjoyed it, I actually forgot about her desu but I can see my jumper just making a great team with those two.

Don't forget I had those Knights of mine and influenced them all that time I was in the jump, I forgot to take the ten year drawback in the build but just pretend I did. Now imagine an entire army of tamers dedicated to LOVE AND JUSTICE!

EMIYA never fails, just remix it enough times and you will find a version fitted for it youtu.be/cUs8FEsDUZ4

youtube.com/watch?v=tIyNAF5rgYk

Sorry if you don't find it fitting. It's what came to mind. Also, in case you'd like music for when Jumper's still a puppet:

youtube.com/watch?v=-sqRredXIFI

What kinds of "befriend and/or people by defeating them" perks do we have?

I feel there should be one in a shonen or something.

Cool thanks YJ btw, what happens to the other consciousness when we switch back to one head from the multiple heads thing?

In the SBURB Jump, is there anything really keeping me from having some of my co-players being trolls instead of human or vice versa?

Magical Punishment from Devil Survivor 1.
Naruto has one and so does Nanoha.

Pretty sure the jump says you can only take companions of your own species.

youtu.be/ZB_ltsS9w4c

Tha's supposed to be and/or redeem, by the way, but I dropped a word.

>Physical features purchased here are exclusive to this form
Wouldn't that be everything but Telepath, Elemental Kinesis, and Prophet?

The jump itself stating this?

Generic Magical Girl has one.

How would a jumper go about redeeming Frieza without resorting to straight up mind rape, anyway?

It either temporarily merges with yours, hangs around inside your head, or just 'waits' until you switch back.

Yeah, pretty much. It's more of an alt-form customization section than a powers section, but I couldn't come up with a good name for the section that reflected that.

I hope you eventually roped Amane and Naoya into this. It would be amazing. Almost want Lucifer to come down at some point and see this:

>"Greetings, Children of Men. I have come-"
>"Knights of the Blue Flame, assemble!"
>"Wait, what-"
>"Magical Warrior, Abel!"
>"Magical Warrior, Dolly!"
>"MAGICAL WARRIOR, FROSTY, HEE-HO!"
>"M-magical Warrior, Cain..."
>"Magical Warrior, Remiel."
>Lucifer's face when

Frieza is one of those characters who doesn't deserve redemption and should be killed at the earliest available opportunity.

Thanks.

So it's that time again. I am looking for more suggestions to add to my list of jumps for my rollchain. Here is a list of jumps I have already taken pastebin.com/u26SLK0X .
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

8. Free choice

What are the other ones?

Honestly? Two ways I can see you making them good. Option 1, you go back in time and raise him yourself. Option 2, lots of counseling perks and to help them work through all the anger and need for destruction they have.

Moana.

Just beat him until he understands that violence is not the answer

Veritas.

Fire Emblem Archanea

Jack Slash, most versions of the Joker, and the entirety of the Witch race from the The Witches jump are the ones I can come up with of off-hand.

Metal Slug.

>It's really confusing but everything and nothing is canon.
Does that mean I can use the jump to visit BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle?

Secret of Evermore

Mob Psycho 100
Alternatively, A Song of Ice and Fire

Danny Phantom

Fuck off with your crossover bullshit.

Alright added to the list, thank you for the suggestions.

Amane wouldn't take all that much convincing, she would probably just go with it considering how much I have helped her, plus being the Messiah.

Cain I would have to go for a few months or so of working with him before I could get him to do that, despite him calling me lil bro.

Just think DeSu, I would probably even have enough time to corru- convince Lucifer to join the side of HUGS! All that chaos, now brought to bare on the right side.

Most of the NPCs in Overlord.

The Black and Red Courts in Dresden Files.

Fucking Sheev.

Orchimaru.

Is it even possible to make a Melty Blood jump? Or would it be way to similar to Tsukihime?

>Orchimaru
Reminder that he gets away with everything.

Could demons who qualify for the Hand of Doom pay to get a second one? Because I kind of want both hands to be massive stone behemoths of awesomeness.

Too similar and Valeria would get on your case about just trying to get more from existing settings.

You should redeem Cell. His present self is just a fetus and his future self has only killed Trunks when he first hits the world. So he's not omnicidal yet, and remember that he has Goku, Gohan, Piccolo, Krillin, and probably all the other human fighters too in his DNA. Only circumstances and Gero had him lean more toward Vegeta, Frieza, and King Cold. Good is in him somewhere.

Did he? He died like twice, both in extremely gruesome ways.

Does he even remember that what with them being different horcruxes?

>mfw I'm on FE: Heroes and I can't think of a good title
I need suggestions, people.

Gift of the Shovel Knight from Shovel Knight

Wahahaha from Bastard! Part 1 (and if you want to genuinely redeem them Sympathy for the Devil from the same Jump should work).

What's the best way to get into Tsukihime anyways? I know the power level is balls to the walls but I've always been curious.

Chief Executive Officer.

My Waifu Gun Shoots Only Blanks

Heck, once he hits Perfect Cell form, he starts acting more like Goku with wanting a good fight and going out of his way to get it. You could use that as an in.

He's definitely one of those villains I enjoy killing more than I should.

The Red Dawn? Blood Shadow?

It takes place very shortly after Tsukihime, the Tsukihime jump includes a bunch of stuff from Melty Blood and Melty Blood features the same characters in the same place. It's not possible to do.

Do it.

BIG TITTY DEMON

That's your boss subtitle. Whenever the heroes show up and are all "We've got you now, Xanatos!", you turn and pose forbodingly and the words --
> BIG TITTY DEMON
> -~ RED ~-
-- scroll across the screen!

It's canon now. You can't change it.

is there any kind of stipen/discont on any of this? Alternatively how high is the drawback limit. there's too much good stuff!

>Jumper manages to defuse the Cell situation by convincing him to wait to fight Buu and Beerus
But yeah, by Perfect Cell he's already absorbed a fuck-ton of people in a really horrifying manner. He might have a lower body count than Vegeta, but it'd still leave a bad taste to let him get away with something that you saw happen.

I'd like to support Red Ronin the BIG TITTY DEMON.

Has to be all caps, every time.

Baroness of Bad Decisions.

Don't ask yourself "will I get lawyered out of this on technicality" but rather "can I write a good jump of this"

If you can present a well-crafted jump that is distinct from the existing one, and not just a shoehorn for power or carbon copy, then by all means, do so.

This is the objectively correct choice.

I agree with you, he would make a great hero!
I remember a fanfic about him turning good before, it was interesting. Then again Cell went all science-y when he was good.

I'm seeing this like one of the borderlands title cards.

Wait I would like to change my choice to this it is the only right one.

NO.

...tempting. Very tempting.

Too edgy.

But I don't have a waifu gun.

Feels a bit too... bland, you know?

Oh, I'm just saying that as support for "there's good somewhere in there" since the longer he lives, the more he shows sides of him that parallel the Z warriors and co. If someone really tried, I don't doubt they could pull it out. Also, First Form Cell becoming a good guy and following the footsteps of Goku and Vegeta in the arts of GIT GUD to super saiyan himself into his better forms sounds super cool.

Also voting for this .

>Lawyered out on a technicality
>Melty Blood is clearly a big part of the current jump
Stop trying to push your agenda Timmy.

Why IS everyone okay with Vegeta Houdini-ing his way out of the justice he should get smacked into his ass for all the evil shit he did?

Executive Demon Lawyer

Goku doesn't care about people he doesn't know. Vegeta killed other people than his friends, so Goku doesn't care.

He was repeatedly humiliated, died a few times and helped save the world/universe several other times. He also walked the road to redemption and became a cool guy, so everyone is pretty much calling it square.

Devil's Advocate. (I have no idea whats going on.)

He was the lesser of two evils during the whole deal with Frieza, then they wanted his help dealing with Cell right up until he became perfect and Vegeta became worthless.

After that I think they kind of just got used to him and never bothered to deal with it.

I wanna buy Prehensile Tongue a bunch of times and just be a big ball of tongues.

>Feels a bit too... bland, you know?
Blandness is part of the comedy of it. You are probably going to end up the science demon queen, and several other outlandish things besides, and you will be introduced as first and foremost the CEO. Your title will build expectations that you can subvert some aspects of while playing into others. You can decide exactly how on the nose you want to be.

Not everyone with a stance you disagree with, or opinion on a controversial topic is The shitposter, or even a shitposter.

I back what I have always backed. The maximal number of jumps, and the maximal number of options within jumps.

Thanks for the responses, you've all been varying degrees of helpful.

BIG TITTY DRAGON?

>Title (Free All)
>You have one fancy title relating to yourself, your exploits, or your personality in general. It’s purely cosmetic, but it’s at least badass. Anyone who hears it will at least respect it, even if it’s something outlandish or inappropriate for the setting. People who hear you refer to yourself with this title will indeed, recognize that you are that title. Examples include “Future Witness”, “Lady of the Plains”, “Naga’s Blood”, and “General of Ostia”. If you don’t pick a title, your title will be “Jumper of Worlds.”