EDH/Commander General

Lizard Gizzard edition

Previously: >Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread question
Who's your favorite tribal commander?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/grenzo-heat/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ezuri-morph-swarm/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-09-16-wildborn/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

May as well move the greivance to here.
Oh, and >Thread Question:
Sakashima - Copycat Tribal.

Build Sidisi, go fast and nuke him

>copycat tribal
>consecrated sphinx

mhmm

I literally built Tasigur just to fuck with him.

I'm cool with having pre-game knowledge dictating people's plays, but they need to chill out, it's a fucking game.

Does anybody live in west LA and want to play?

Outside of the eggs what are the other artifacts needed to do that wonky breya combo?

Literally one of three cards that are not in tribe.

I lie when I say "just to fuck with him." But there are some things in there that are purely there to annoy him.

im in fullerton area sadly, but there is a pretty active community in the local LGSs around here.

Why do people like this? She's overcosted garbage.

Sharuum + Sculpting Steel.

Tezzeret + Chain Veil + Mana Rocks.

Isochron Scepter + Paradox Engine.

playing doubles advocate, it's possible he was saving the other 5 mana for something else and didn't want to overextend. Also there is no such thing as a bad move when it results in stopping an opponent's Consecrated Sphinx from hitting the table. Fuck that card. Spitebellows in aptly placed in my Boros deck just for that bitch.

Clock of omens + Paradox engine + anything

edh players will play anything that they think is "unique" just to be different even if it just ends up being 4 color goodstuff

Because I like 4c artifacts you fucking faggot

I knew of these but thanks, gonna search around on my own

I don't know what he could be saving up for that wasn't going to get rid of a game ending board of Vampire tokens.

I'm not salty about it being ConSphinx, I totally understand that it's cancer as fuck. I'm more annoyed that I was so far behind, it was my only play and he was like "Nup, too good." while Markov over there was fucking dicing his mate.

How do you guys feel about wishes? I've been running burning and cunning in my competitive Narset list and they've been great.

in case this isn't an epic bait:

well EDH has no sideboard and the format has too many tutors as it is, so if i saw someone running one i'd probably tell them that they don't do anything

nice toolbox cards but they could just be tutors in the first place desu, if the cards in your sideboard are so useful why arent they in the deck in the first place?

I personally don't give a shit but that doesn't mean is exactly legal. No sideboards and all that but if your meta allows it then by all means do so pretty much what is saying

EDH is a casual format. Any playgroup that doesn't allow this glorious bastard + 200 Kozileks + battle of wits sounds truly awful.

Turns out I have more space in Gonti than I thought. But I want to make sure I have some solid goodstuff there too (along the lines of carddraw, ramp, removal and wraths) before I fill the rest of the deck with jank.

So, Silence the Believers? Go for the Throat? Oblivion Stone? Phyrexian Arena? I’m all ears.

i'd be more inclined to let something like that pass instead of someone running burning wish to tutor up a protean hulk to win instantly

you'll probably want a lot of board wipes. with gonti, you shouldn't really care about your board that much

all is dust if its not already in. Perilous vault can be a budget option

>Burning Wish for a Protean Hulk
Friend I have good news for you, that wouldn't work anyway.

Thinking about building Marath.
I realy like his artwork and using his counters to do janky shit seems fun.
Does anyone here play him ?
What can I expact ?

To the anons talking about building Grenzo in the last thread, here's my Grenzo deck. It works pretty well for me.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/grenzo-heat/

COMBOS
SO MANY COMBOS YOU WON'T KNOW WHAT DO WITH THEM
BESIDES WIN THE GAME OF COURSE
or you could play dino tribal and use Marath as an enrage enabler,
or play naya +1/+1 counters or tokens

Is Star of Extinction any good as a board clear or does nit leave anything to be desired?
I know in theory it can't clear indestructible creatures or ones of a certain toughness and can fizzle if the land it targets is removed but how often does that actually end up being the case in your experience

Mizzium mortars is a better option I find, more flexible and I don't wanna blow up my board, depends on colours and local meta though

Personally I like using it as a finisher with no creatures and Repercussion out.

>Ixalan cards finally dropping steadily in price
Soon

How could I forget about the fucking dinos.
Thanks user

DINO COUNTERS LET'S GO

Yea Hardened Skales would be a must have for me. Doubling Season would also be nice but it's over 50$.
What else could I run that has a similar effect and is not over 20$ ?

primal vigor is around $15 but it's symmetrical

Eh I'm probably too far, 805

Artifact equip or draw? Which ones does well against Timmy faggots

I put a bunch of flavorful cards in my version.

Eliminate the Competition.
Underworld Connections.
Undying Evil.
Gonti's Aether Heart.
Increasing Ambition.
Ambition's Cost.
Ancient Craving.
Succumb to Temptation.
Drain Life.
Inspiring Statuary.
Exsanguinate.

Don't forget to put Cabal Coffers / Urborg in the deck, he's super reliant on those to make lots of mana.

Also, Liliana of the Dark Realms is the closest thing Black has to actual ramp.

She combos with any infinite mana setup.

>Which ones does well against Timmy faggots
Counterspell tribal.

Post "I win" cards

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ezuri-morph-swarm/

Alright so I went and spent about $12 and bought a ton of morph creatures to throw into an Ezuri deck, anyone have suggestions? Currently planning on adding Champion of Lambholdt but if there's any ultra jank I missed feel free to throw some my way.

I'd like some serious advice for my Mina and Denn deck:
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-09-16-wildborn/

I know I am going to be taking out the two Embodiments, as I feel they pull my deck's focus away (Mostly landfall into tokens). I'm also taking out Grove Rumbler and Zendikar Incarnate as the former just doesn't do enough most of the time (7/7 trampled usually) while the latter is usually just a big dumb creature.

Any other advice or suggested replacements? Horn of Greed is the obvious choice, even if opponents get to draw off of it as well. Maybe some other card draw as well, as I seem to run out of gas when I'm not already way ahead.

Storm Cauldron

Why the fuck would you ever play this when Scion exists?

Sundial maybe.

More like 'you die' but close enough

holy shit why didn't I know about this version

>Why would anyone build a janky, casual deck in my 100% competitive format?
Back ye heathen

Yeah man that version is the best. I do like the other one ties in with the animate dead version, but man the Kopinski one is so badass.

Even in a casual game, Scion is just better. Build dragon tribal, Scion is best dragon. And dragon tribal isn't competitive - for that you go Scion ramp/combo/control. If you're playing dragons, there's no reason not to play Scion unless you're going for Door to Nothingness shenanigans.

This would be the only reason.

hour of devastation, chain reaction, mizzium mortars, and blasphemous act do its job better

What to imprint in mono blue that let's me go infini-win? I thought about Boomerang, but it doesn't actually win me a game and one of my friends in the battlegroup would keep playing until I chipped all of his life away with my measly creatures, making it a miserable experience for every one involved I also thought about Oona's Grace for a mill win but's a one mana to much to imprint.

forgot the pic

Dramatic or Reversal with mana rocks that produce 3 works and you don't even need Engine

didn't think about that card desu I'll pick it up, but I already bought the Engine ( I went blind into it figuring there would always be some use, eve in other decks) and now I want to put up one janky infinite combo. I mean I wasplay mono-red I would just imprint shock, as silly as it sounds, and it would be gg.

It's worth having the Engine. It allows you to stumble into combos every game. You don't even need to go infinite, just have enough nonland mana producers and you can take over a game.

Mizzium Mortars is a better option in my opinion. If you're really concerned about fat board states blasphemous act is a good one as well. However start of extinction is great flavor in a dino-deck!

Star has a bad problem where someone can destroy the land in response and ruin the whole thing.

and star costs fucking 7, if youre mono-red then maybe its an option but with any other color there are MUCH better cards that have the same effect

Blasphemous Act is the best. Rolling Earthquake and Starstorm are also great.

All is Dust > Oblivion Stone > Blasphemous Act > Chain Reaction >>> Starstorm > Rolling Earthquake >>> Star of "Ghost Quarter is out so I can't wipe the board" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> trash that deals fixed damage below 10

I forgot about star storm!

I remember seeing some user talking about their Yisan deck. I looked up a primer and HOLY SHIT this actually makes me want to play mono green. It plays so blue it looks ridiculously fun!

Anybody have any tips or experience playing Yisan?

Help me edh general.
I've spent the past month trying not to blow all my cash on cardboard.
Then I spend 20 bucks on nothing but mana.
It hurts so good

>Then I spend 20 bucks on nothing but mana.
So you bought two lands?

Counterspell. Negate everything everyone tries to do until your whole table stops playing with you.

Close
nykthos, caged sun, and a few sol rings

Being a poor fag sucks unsurprisingly

Last night I just cast villainous wealthy where x = 30 and I fucking love that shit. What are the other good play your opponents shit on sultai?

I want to pick up hedonists trove, Gonti lord of luxury, oblivion sower, but I couldn't think of anything else that quite does what villainous wealth does.

i cant believe how cheap this card is for how many games it wins.

Rare from a recent and popular set, unplayable in other formats, can only be played in 4 out of 32 color combinations in commander.

But user. Gold buys death... And death earns gold.

But that's no fun!

You should be running the basic bitch:
>Torment of Hailfire
>Exsanguinate
>From Under the Floorboards
>Dread Summons

Too if you don't already.

SOON.

If they have a creature out to begin with, you can use Reality Shift to exile their entire library. Plus it's good on its own.

Exsanguinate and Torment of Hailfire are by far the best when it comes to actually winning, but they're also really boring.

Most things in that category are

Thanks that will do

>Why the fuck would anyone build X in EDH?
You're in the wrong thread if you really need to ask that.

I'll never stop singing praise to Shift, it's a great sleeper and more people in Ux should play it.

Does Fist of the Suns work on Chromanticore's Bestow cost?

Chain Reaction blows most of the time.

12/1/2004: You can't pay more than one alternative cost for a spell. For example, you can't cast a spell using its flashback ability by paying {W}{U}{B}{R}{G}. Likewise, you can't pay {W}{U}{B}{R}{G} to cast a creature with morph face down.

>villainous wealth

Never heard of that card

>Looks it up

HOLY SHIT THAT'S AMAZING.

And? If there are at least 3 dudes on the board then it is still better than all of the earthquake variants, and if there aren't AT LEAST 3 guys out you shouldn't be trying to wrath anyways.

I play Oust, Vandalblast, Akromas Vengence, Ravages of 2ar, and Time Stretch for burning and pongify, dismantling blow, evacuation, sunder, and misdirection for cunning. Also Sheldon has stated that sideboards are a by group basis. Not explicitly stated that sideboards aren't allowed.

Not true about the Earthquake variants. Starstorm trumps Chain Reaction most of the time, because instant speed, if you are killing tokens it will be cheap anyway and finally, it can deal with big stuff if it comes down to it.

Wraths in this format aren’t just about answering swarms. They also are about clearing out hexproof creatures. Sigarda, Gitrog with Greaves, etc. You frequently need wraths to answer just a couple of creatures.

All that being said, Sheldon is a cuck so I guess that argument doesn't really work.

They are absurdly powerful if your group let's them work as printed. That being said, I don't like the idea of letting them work, even with a sideboard. Tutors don't need to be any stronger than they already are, and it also adds an extra dimension of hassle when using them, whether that's everyone now needing to assemble a sideboard (even if they don't run wishes themselves, thanks copy effects) or dealing with some guy sifting through his whole collection to find the perfect silver bullet answer to something.

I wish Sheldon didn’t feel the need to clarify that they don’t work without sideboards. MTG already has rules for how they work outside of tournament magic.

But then again, I don’t think “super-tutors” would be good for the format. I just want “Research” to do something. Basically, they aren’t janky enough.

>tfw I love my EDH deck but have no playgroup and hate League games since its 99% tryhards
What should I do? Its about $1000 deck but it just gathers dust since ive got no one to play with. Im really thinking about selling it but its such a nice deck and I like the flavor so much.

>Hates tryhards
>Has a $1000 deck

Unless its a foiled/expedition/masterpiece out janky deck then you have no say when it comes to tryharding.

How hard have you looked for a playgroup? Are there any LGSs near you that just have casual congregations of EDH players? If not, what about other venues? A university near my house has a burgeoning EDH scene, for example, and it's mostly populated by people who are skilled without feeling too Spiky.

>money = power
(you)

Post the list. That'll settle things better than any snide insinuations.

post your dick

What cards would benefit the most if Hybrid were considered "Or" instead of "And" for Color Identity?

Not the same user. I just thought that the idea that cost equals power is so stupid that it couldn't have been anything other than bait.