Kamigakari Thread

Extended Storytime Edition!

And on top of that, here's a poll to see what people want for the OP image. More variety, staying the same, or if you just don't care.

strawpoll.me/14396561/

Baseline stuff
mediafire.com/file/183vmgy8b3w1uj3/Kamigakari.rar

Expansions and errata
pastebin.com/u/RoyalTeaRed

Google Docs Character sheet (for if you play online)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xY5uiJleOpnlh93SGLq2_iKteOFZnlMH1X-MtEDsWsw/edit#gid=0

Mononoke homebrew Guide, FAQ, And quick rules cheatsheet
pastebin.com/u/HomebrewAnon

JTTRPG Discord - Look for games in "On-Topic", Not "General"
discord.gg/9RUTurB

Remember boys and girls, Japanese schedules suck, so JTTRPGS are good for quick and easy sessions, and can be adapted for longer ones.

So, just asked what kamigakari is.

Kamigakari is a JTTRPG Focused on episodic storytelling, with simple but tight mechanics.

Its design goal is to start players spread out, getting involved with the episodes peculiarities, and eventually coming together to fight a big bad, A la Power rangers, Kamen rider, Magical girl shows, and other such shows in that vein.

TL;DR, Its a Monster of the Week Format game with an emphasis in the fluff on high power shenanigans of just about every type.

So who develops this game?

Is it a bunch of people or just one user?

It's a japanese TTRPG, translated by an user.

Classic.

Previous thread

Thank you translator user, whoever you are.

I am still working on part 4. This cold is trying to get the better of me but I got some soup in me. Expect it soon

>The Lord does not forgive wickedness... in the name of the Knights-Templar, I shall punish you.

That line on page 73 of the core rulebook PDF makes me giggle. I it's good stuff.

I dunno if thats a literal translation or if kamigakari user just has a sense of humor, but thats actually pretty funny.

I know. I wasn't being sarcastic. I genuinely like it and think it's funny.

I didn't think you were being sarcastic, i just didn't know which person had the sense of humor, the translator or the translated.

Ah ok. Thank you for clarifying.

Alrighty, session 4 is fully typed up and about to be posted in this very post.

Session 4 begins directly after 3. Kenta and his father Eiichiro are raiding the Arachne Bank for gold, money and artifacts and are getting away with it too. The Okada Skullomaniacs are loading briefcases and sacks with their ill gotten gains when our party of heroes arrives ready to throw down. Akira was out of commision for this as she had just been backhanded the hell out by Eiichiro (his player unfortunately had to miss this session) so our heroes were down a man, lady, Akira was definitely a girl this session.
So it was Ito, Shizune, Futaba, A crossdressing Taro (in reality I had forgot to swap his sprite back to normal but we went with it) weilding Balmung and Jagasaki VS Okada Eiichiro (A captain of the Okada Syndicate), Okada Kenta (His attractive and cocky son) and something like twenty Skullomaniacs (Powered up Henshin soldiers, based off the first boss the party fought who got beaten up so badly that he got downgraded to a footsoldier). The fight should be tough for the party.

Then Eiichiro reached to his belt and said "Henshin". Getting his own transformation sequence, turning him into another Henshin villain in the form of "Henshin Villain, Captain SKULL". His costume is very picture related.

The fight broke out between the two parties. They have to deal with waves of skullomaniacs and both Okada fighters. Eiichiro and Kenta were both supernaturally powered up with their own henshin like devices. Kenta ran up to Shizune at an incredibly hihg speed, there was a lot of "H-he's fast!" moments as the two fought more directly, with Shizune managing to Judo flip him down with her GOD HAND B Talents.

Eiichiro runs up to Jagasaki and starts pummeling Jagasaki while taking attacks from the ghost, Ito and Taro while Futaba and Shizune took care of the Skullomaniacs and Kenta. Eiichiro was strong and he threw out a few lines like "PREDICTABLE!" and "This city belongs to me! You should just die!". There was a lot of back and forth between the main combatants and the Skullomaniacs came into unison and fired their "SKULL DAI BUSTER" which is a shock of phantasm energy generated through their suits at the party.
Soon enough the Skullomaniacs were dealt with and Shizune and Futaba had managed to take out Kenta. Ito was wounded but was patched up by Taro (who had taken the form of 'Magical Girl' as a mononoke). "Thanks for the healing" "Y-you too".

Eventually it's just Eiichiro Vs the party and Jagasaki powers up his finishing move:
'Jagasaki clenches his fist. Coils of black wind seep through the gaps in his fingers, spiraling in every direction. "I'll grind you to dust!" All at once the dancing energy ceases it's movement. "Dandan senboname!" Crying out, Jagasaki tosses the sphere into the air. With a downward arc the sphere of energy erupts into a shower of black spears.'
'The spears rain down without end. Impaling Eiichiro through his back mortally wounding him as he falls to the ground face first onto his stomach. The magical weaponry sticking out of his back as he lies there motionless.'
Okada Syndicate 0 - The Party 2

The party relaxes a little after their victory. Jagasaki laments that they were much too easy and Shizune chastises him by saying she would prefer if their enemies didn't get suddenly stronger. Ito surveys the area making sure his job was done, pilfering anything he could get from the now dead Yakuza leader, including his hat and scarf.

Meanwhile at the Ito household, Yuuna is minding her own business when she see's a figure approaching her. The Black Dahliah. (A prolific serial killer mentioned in Session 1, picture related)

Session 4 END

So that was session 4. VERY SHORT. It was pretty much a combat encounter but the events of this session lead into session 5. Which I am writing up right now, as well as any side bits that appear between then and now (though I believe 5 follows straight after 4), it's going to be a longer one.

In the mean time, I am happy enough to answer any story related questions.

Player here, since it was asked for, will elaborate on Akira/Ito's scene

Akira's quickly rushed to hospital following his close encounter of the sword kind. Ito shows up the next morning as soon as visitors are allowed in; Akira is still woozy from pain and drugs and lack of sleep because of the pain and drugs. To Akira's enormous surprise, the first thing out of Ito's mouth is an apology. Akira wonders if he's dreaming.

Ito's explanation is that since the ghost hunt was his idea and he dragged Akira along, he felt responsible for what happened. Therefore Akira should join his gang so Ito can make it up to him, offering such generous rewards as hooking him up with free (stolen) beer and helping him look tough and get a girlfriend. Akira decides he's definitely dreaming.

It's playing out awkwardly because Akira's not entirely all there and Ito's flip-flopping between trying to look apologetic and playing up his tough guy persona and Akira calls him on it. He says Ito needs to walk the walk before he talks the talk. Ito points out which one of them is in the hospital bed and which one isn't.

Then things get tense. Akira, his filters off because he's drugged up and still thinks he's dreaming, starts arguing with Ito saying that what matters is he finished the mission, that Ito couldn't have taken that same attack and lived, and all his talk of sticking together and looking out for each other is bullshit. Ito gets very angry about this.

/p1

pt. 2

Little bit of character history which hasn't yet come up in the game itself - Akira's family gave him a kind of elite child soldier upbringing, wanting to use him in the future for shady stuff (hasn't been elaborated on that I can rememer). Part of that is the whole "failure is not an option" creed which Akira has taken to heart - he's disposeable as long as "the mission" is a success. Ito, meanwhile, grew up without his father and has some pretty bad abandonment issues over the whole thing. He internally blames his dad for not actually being there for some of the hard times he and his mother lived through.

So, Akira's accusation there made Ito threaten to punch him back unconscious and leave Akira to the nurses. He doesn't go through with it since he still feels guilty, but ends up storming off in an angry huff. Akira turns over and drifts back off to sleep wondering if his family would be proud of his performance.

So far Ito hasn't brought it back up again because Akira hit a nerve there, and Akira thinks the whole thing is a dream so the set-up from that is still in-line to go off somewhere down the line.

How do you GMs organize archived conversations with your players and convert what you learned, brainstormed, r found out from them into useful notes?

It's something I am not good at.

Also I am submitting a complaint GM, you've twice missed out Ito's points-game quirk. Sometimes during fights or scenes Ito will loudly declare something like "150 points for knocking off the Yakuza bosses hat" (which Ito did, after Jagasaki had already rendered the man wearing it a shredded corpse). Nobody else takes these points seriously but will try to win anyway, if only to one-up Ito at his own game. This causes shenanigans later.

Thank you very much for laying out the scene and it's meaning.

It's both nice on it's own and as a supplement to the storytime.

Sumanai...

I jot notes down on paper after the session. If I don't remember stuff at that point, it probably wasn't important. And if it was, the player will probably remember. And if neither the player nor I remember, then there isn't a problem.

Is there a setting for Kamigakari that you're meant to use, or is it more like GURPS?

Hey, maybe we should put that blurb in the OP?

This game sounds awesome. I really wish I could get my players to buy in, but there's some hardcore anti-animoo types among the group. Even if they agreed to play, they'd never get into the spirit of it.
In the end it'd be either kicking out a bunch of good friends, or playing a severely gimped game... dammit.

There's a default setting with a city described in the book. It also comes with a map.

kamen smooth criminal

Thanks for the excerpt. I've editted Part 3 and added that on.

The stuff thats helping storytime, but comes from the players, i'm coloring the checkbox green, as a way of saying its not from the GM's mouth.

And here's 4 because all i had to do was throw it in paint and crop it.

Thats not a bad idea, actually. I'll try and word it a bit better in the OP though.

Thanks for the caps, I feel like i'm just piling work on you, especially now that p5 is on the way.

Man, your players are on the SPOT. If only I could have those more often... But y'know what, I can't complain, I had a successful campaign.

Like i said, 4 was just taking a screenshot and cropping it in paint. Took literally a couple seconds.

You do you dude.

>Eiichiro runs up to Jagasaki and starts pummeling Jagasaki while taking attacks from the ghost, Ito and Taro while Futaba and Shizune took care of the Skullomaniacs and Kenta

wait I thought you said

>A crossdressing Taro (in reality I had forgot to swap his sprite back to normal but we went with it) weilding Balmung and Jagasaki

so Jagasaki was both being a weapon in Taro's hand, and getting punched by Okada?

That was a grammatical error on my part, I was listing off the party side which should have been "Taro weilding Balmung, and Jagasaki" VS Okada and so on. Poor grammar on my part basically, i'll watch out for that

>A crossdressing Taro (in reality I had forgot to swap his sprite back to normal but we went with it) weilding Balmung and Jagasaki VS Okada Eiichiro

Looks like just some missing grammar. It's Taro wielding Balmung, and Jagasaki, both fighting Okada

I'm torn between betting on Yuuna or Black Dahlia.

I guess it depends on how drunk Yuuna is, how dahlia fights and kills. also if dahlia has powers that make most attempts by mortals to harm her ineffective.

>It's Taro wielding Balmung, and Jagasaki, both fighting Okada

Ahhhhhh. That makes much more sense.

Thank you.

With you trying to get better and your players and random anons helping by calling out things for you I'm sure you will improve.

Ok here comes part 5 and it is a long one so I am dividing it up into two parts to give you guys something to read while I write up the rest.

SESSION 5 START.
We open directly after that stinger at the end of session 4. Akira wakes up from her slapping and meets up with Taira who formally introduces herself as Akira's big doting sister. Shizune almost refers to Akira as a boy but changes her reference to 'Akira-chan', Taira calls Akira her little sister. This is only going to add more to the levels of CONCERN over Akira's predicament.
They all introduce themselves to her, some begrudgingly (Jagasaki). They exchange niceties and Taira asks to be excused for a moment as she steps aside. The party hears a loud bang. It came from the direction of Taira, she had saw a straggling Skullomaniac, pulled out a pistol and blew his brains out. Taira returned to the conversation apologising as if she had done something incredibly trivial.
The party is momentarily shocked by this but are kind of unable to comment because the situation seems a bit too bizzare. The topic shifts to the Arachne Bank. Now this was the very same bank that Akira offered to put in a good word for Shizune to her mother to land her friend a job. Shirai has to break the news to Shizune:

"So, Akira tells me your looking for some kind of work. I'm not going to lie, my little sister here managed to piss off our mother something fierce, but i'm sure given enough time I might be able to find something for you"
Mitsuki Shizune : "... is that so"
Mitsuki Shizune gives a little smile but it's visible that she died a bit inside

She asks if Akira is alright after being roughed up by those Yakuza goons and Akira mentions that she has been through worse, like in that balmung fight. Futaba boops her on the head with a swift karate chop reminding her that she shouldn't be getting hurt in the first place. Taro laments his current state of dress, complaining about a stupid perverted sword.
Ito is about to bail on these losers when he feels something warm in his pocket. It's his phone, it looks like someone tried to call him but he was busy during the fight and didn't notice, the heat from the device burning his leg from the light. He flips his phone open and checks what it is, it's a voice mail message. He of course goes to listen to it but unfortunately for him it blasts out on loudspeaker. Delinquent B had previously sent Ito a mixtape over the phone and he simply forgot to turn off loudspeaker. It was a message from his mother, and boy was it embarrasing.
"Hi Daiichi, just leaving you a little message. You're little friend B-Kun dropped off some of the homework you've missed from school... actually from the looks of it, it's all the homework you've missed from school. Can you at least pretend to study a little for me. Anyways, keys under the mat like usual and we also got ourselves a bottle of that plum sake you were telling me about, i'm not going to drink it without you" Yuuna laughs a little. It's a nice laugh. "Still B-Kun was telling me about some friends you've been hanging around with but from what he's describing it doesn't sound like a little gang so that's a start. You should invite them over, we have leftovers that need to be eaten and i'm not getting any thinner" she pauses a little "Still come home safe, love you" The message ends there.

They rush into the living room to find Yuuna's body covered in blood with bloody scars all across her body and torn clothes from knife and scissor attacks, I didn't go into super detail because imagination makes this 1000 times worse.
Now allow ole Kansainon to interject into the story for a moment to tell you something. I am a pushover, a huge pushover even. I felt really bad for throwing Ito's cinnamon-bun of a mother into this situation, so in Discord I asked the player to roll me 1d100 and then 1d100 again. I didn't tell him what it was for. The effect of the first d100 was "What are the chances that she is still alive" and the second was "Is she alive". The player rolled like a 97 on the first roll leaving him only a 3 out of 100 chance of failing the second, he passes the second roll.
Her life signs are faint, but Yuuna is still alive. It looks like she was more tortured than murdered in this case. Taro immediately works some healing magic on her but Shizune takes a closer look and see's that she has been cursed in such a way that the wounds would be twice as painful and three times as slow to heal, she did not mention this to Ito. Our Orange haired delinquent was already calling an ambulance while the crew was helping Yuuna and looking for anything magically out of the ordinary. A bit of sifting around and the group can tell there is some kind of perception blocking magic in the air, no sound could be heard coming from within the range of the spell. All of this was rather nasty stuff and everyone was shaken up

WHOOPS. Looks like I missed this part

As you can imagine, Ito is rather red faced and goes to leave as quickly as he can. Shizune and Akira launch at this oppertunity, which was BASICALLY an invitation from Ito's mother to raid his fridge to eat leftovers, and Shizune could NOT turn down this feast (ALRIGHT AKIRA-CHAN, I GUESS IT CAN'T BE HELPTED IF YOU WANT TO GO) and Taro also feels a little peckish.
So the group basically invites themselves over to Ito's place for some free grub. Ito can't exactly turn them down because his mother gave the OK and he comments to himself that he is going to beat B-Kuns ass with his own headphones.

Where does this go in the chronology here? If i'm making screenshots, i wanna at least get the story in the correct order.

Ito didn't have much to do other than to pace, wait for the ambulance and to take inventory of anything that was stolen. On the surface, not a lot was stolen. It looks like the Dahlia started breaking and flipping shit open for the sheer fuck of it, the fridge was raided and clothes were strewn out. It all seemed so random, she had stolen some of Yuuna's clothes and underwear and one of Ito's uniforms. Some jewelry of sentimental value was stolen but there were three distinct things that were stolen that could not be forgiven.
First was the only picture of Ito's father taken from the family shrine. The picture was of Yuuna and her then boyfriend sometime after highschool, Yuuna looks a lot like a Yanki delinquent with her arms around Ito's father with a beer in her hand.
The second thing that was stolen was the family sword, a very ancient and powerful blade weilded by papa Ito. This pissed Ito off to no end.
Finally, and the absolute worst thing that was stolen. Yuuna's wedding ring. Taken right off her finger.

It was supposed to be inserted into but I accidentally skipped it

So i can just slip it in there at the end?

Shizune called up her friend in the Demon Hunters society: Goezome Hibana. They reached her and gave every detail they could give and Goezome had a big suspicion of who it could be. There was one last piece of information they gave to agent Goezome, and it was like one last final fuck you to Ito, the initials B.D . Goezome clued them in as she knew exactly who they were dealing with. She tried to convince them to stay away as it was too dangerous but as the scene lay there before them, it was VERY PERSONAL.

Pictured here is Agent Goezome Hibana because I don't think I have actually shown an image of her. This ends part one of a two parter for this episode, mostly because this is a looooong game with a side taking place inbetween this and the next session.

You could just slip it in at the end of that post for screencapping purposes, it was a silly mistake on my part really.

So which one is the foxgirl?

anybody tried any 1800's games yet?

Wild West, late edo period, Bakumatsu period, Meiji Era, Napoleonic France, Victorian British empire, All the little germanies.

no shortage of settings to go all ANIME on.

>So which one is the foxgirl?
Futaba's mother's mononoke, named Taro, is a male kistune.

Futaba tried to corner Akira and make them admit they were a shape shifter. Akira claimed they were simply a master trap. So Futaba said "prove it, make a trap out of Taro".

Akira accepted the challenge and passed with flying colors.

Taro hadn't undressed from the Trap job Akira did on him by the time shit hit the fan, so rather than be recognized as himself in drag, Taro decided to take on a magical girl alter ego for the moment.

at least that's how I understand it. I'm not the GM or one of the players so I'm just going by trying to interpret what I've read.

None that i've heard of yet, but One of the storytime anons has done this weird Isekai type thing.

I wonder why Dahlia thinks fucking with the Ito family is a good use of her time.

I suppose we will find out.

Another player here
That's exactly what happened (though Taro HATED it)

Sorry, I just died last night. I am even still a little tired right now. I'll clear up some details. Basically everyone in the Onigata family (in this case Seika and Futaba) are paired with a mononoke partner. Futaba has Taro and her mother has an unnamed nine-tailed kitsune who took on Akira's battle damage from the balmung fight

As for Taro being a magical girl, Taro still being in trap form. That was a mistake on my part that stuck when I forgot to change the sprite back to normal, and funnily enough the best mononoke Futaba could use at the time was a "Magical Girl" so we went with that, at least on the mechanical level. I think we came up with the scenario that Balmung and Taro met while he was dressed up, Balmung in this case only letting Taro use him if he is dressed like that became a sort of short timed running gag.

The second part is coming after I get a little more sleep.

Take your time man. Thread probably isn't going anywhere.

Black Eagle Group > Heilong

>Futaba has Taro and her mother has an unnamed nine-tailed kitsune who took on Akira's battle damage from the balmung fight

Ohhhh. I thought Taro and the mononoke that ate Akira's permanently crippling and near fatal wounds like they were a breakfast bagel were the same person.

I thought Taro was Futaba's mother's partner but being a doting... (wasn't sure if they were more like a father, a manservant who helped raise Futaba, or a manservant who grew up beside Futaba) something to Futaba indulged her in things like letting Futaba's friends dress him up, despite Futaba not being a child anymore.

You can take it a bit slower dude.

It is almost done now, truth be told I was so tired I ended up sleeping most of the day away. Be prepared for a lot of story split up into parts of course as now i'm in the zone.

CONTINUING ON

Ito is waving down the ambulance that is coming down the street. The party dispels the lingering perception blocking magic from the area which blocks both sight and sound for Innocents. I forgot to mention that the magic blocks sight which makes it very easy for a prolific killer to hide bodies in plain sight.

Shizune is talking to Goezome for advice on how to take on the Dahlia. Goezome refers them to the best mage they have in the Osakan division, an american witch by the name of Dorothy. She sets up a meeting between the group.

Yuuna is in a stable-ish condition and is hauled off in the ambulance wagon and the crew bides their time waiting for the meeting. Said meeting was outside a location of great power, a place were strong fighters gather on a daily basis:

The local convenience store.

Dorothy is a witch in the traditional sense, pointy hat, staves and potions. She is also a blond haired american so she stands out like a sore thumb even when she is not in her regalia. She sits outside drinking a soda and eating snacks she shoplifted using magic much to the chastisation of Akira and maybe Shizune but only because she actively worked at that store.

This witch is up for the job and all she needs to track down this killer is some essence or ether of hers. Every time the Dalia would kill someone the trail would go too cold to gather aether from but this crime had only recently happened, Jagasaki had formulated a bit of magic which captured the "scent" of the crime. This more or less gave the witch the tools she needed to track her. She had pinned down the Dalia's location to an old Catholic school building on the edge of town: Saint Augustine.

Shizune had "Other Obligations" and could not immediately join the group at the school (what those obligations are have since not been discovered even up until today, maybe we'll find out later as the game progresses)

Now this place was creepy and I described it as such. The area around the school was laden with the same thick perception altering magic which had a tinge of curse on it. Thankfully our party managed to get through it avoiding the would be curse that would make their bodies feel heavy like lead.
They were inside now hunting for the Dalia. The air is thick and heavy and there is the scent of blood in the air. They make their way through room after room looking for their mark when they come across bodies and bodies of all kinds in all manner of positions (not going to go into detail, use your imagination) it was several flavors of fucked.
And then Dalia did the thing villains always do, taunting the hero. She used magic to amplify her voice so it echoed throughout the school. "Didn't your mother tell you it was rude to come into somone's house without knocking" she cackles as if her joke was GENUINELY funny, you know the laugh.

Eventually they find the Dalia, she was standing in a room that was completely red top to bottom, she was ready to confront them alone. She gave them one last laugh and shouted "Knives!" and a bunch of floating knives materialized from beneath the floor and the fight began.
Something became apparent to them immediately, the Dalia was able to shift through the floor as if it were water and she were a shark acting like pseudo teleportation. It wasn't her sinking into the floor, she was turning her own body into blood and using that to course through the room at a fast speed, chucking knives all along the way.
Another thing that was apparent when Akira was cutting through her like ribbons was that she was not getting NEARLY as hurt as she should be. Her body was turning into blood on impact softening the blows. She even ended up teleporting behind characters like Akira whispering the incredibly creepy things a killer like her would say like "I'm just going to eat you up" and the like.
So here you have this bloodshifting psychopath shifting all across the room taking effectively half damage from every attack. From the corner of the room Shizune had arrived using magic to hide her presence. The party was up one more fighter and Shizune launched a bolt of lightning at her, her magic was electricity based. I'm not a scientist but blood is mostly water right? So Dalia had a weakness to electricty which severely weakened her status and power

The party was starting to do actual damage to her, she was bleeding her actual own blood. She launches her finishing technique at the party: RONDO OF BLOOD. She took ALL of the blood in the room and turned them into physical knives and launched them at the party. This hits half the party which are Jagasaki, Futaba and Shizune for BIG DAMAGE. Akira is still up and throws her blades at The Dalia wounding her down into the singles when Ito got in there and went for the finishing blow.
Ito takes his wooden sword and swings down, hundreds of of phatasm blades and crash down in a rain down on the Dalia and he finishes it with one blow of his wooden katana. The Dalia sits there, nothing has happened to her. She is already dead. She explodes in a gout of blood, she tries to reform but she just keeps exploding over and over again. It was as if every bit of pain she had inflicted on Innocents was being transfered back into her tenfold.

She was being crushed by the weight of her
sin.

Eventually she was reduced to nothing but a dead bloody puddle and there was a distinct clanging sound as Yuuna's wedding band hit the floor. Ito pockets the ring as the smell of blood lifts from the school and the air grows thinner. The party takes a look around the room and see's that the bodies that littered the room were not actual corpses but trapped manifestations of the spirits of the people killed by The Dalia.
The party eventually finds a room in the building just littered with stolen goods, including everything from Ito's house. This was the Dalia's motive as most of what was in this room (a lot of it being items with high sentimental value she would take just to fuck with people) was magical in nature, she had been targeting homes and families with magical heirlooms and weapons, casing them and killing the owners, Yuuna just happened to be unlucky enough to be the owner of her husbands godslaying sword. A sword that was now in the hands of one worthy to wield it.

Having defeated the villain of the day the party needed to rest, one thing led to another and Shizune's apartment was the destination of choice. You could not have picked a crappier place to hang out at, the place was like one room with a single futon and a small couch squeezed in.
I am going to mention something that I missed out before. Akira finally confronted Shizune about the I.D. She revealed a bit about her backstory of who she used to be back in Tokyo, the unfortunate event of her parents gambling mania forced her into Osaka and she changed her own name and through her poverty her appearance. Nothing changed between the two as Akira accepted her for who she was despite the secrets she had kept. Shizune was not ACTUALLY poor, she was living a life of poverty as she was saving money to buy her old home back in Tokyo, which is why she was working so hard all the time, doing odd jobs for the society and working crappy hours at the combini.
At Shizunes apartment the group just sat and chilled out for a bit, ordering pizza most of them would chip in for, most and drinking what was in the fridge which consisted of just bottled tap water. The Dalia would be the first in a line of foes the group would come up against and only more battles lay before them
And that is the end of the session, again I must sincerely apologise for the lateness in getting this out, sleep is a mistress of cruel origin. As always i'm open for questions and i'll be writing up the next part as we speak. Also I think from this point on i'm going to write them out as "episodes" as opposed to sessions, where an event can cover multiple session just as to make the story more fuller if you understand me.

Here is a class rundown

Is there something like that for the different races?

GM asking for help here.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to handle describing a certain Anime trope. (The game I'm running is online and text only instead of voice.)

You know that thing in anime where some characters have a single upper tooth or tiny fang that pokes out when they smile or open their mouth?

I'm having tor trouble with that it in terms of visualization and in terms of giving it meaning.

Anybody got advice on how to utilize anime tropes that convey things about the character based on anatomical features using text?

Refer to it as a 'toothy grin?'
What do you want it to say about the character?

So, the Cute Little Fang, as said by TVTropes?

first.
>Is there something like that for the different races?

know I don't have anything like that. Sorry.

second.
I love that image. Fuckin Saved.

I suppose in the context of the character I'm currently thinking of it conveys a sense of determination, fighting spirit, and danger. They are generally someone who is quick to smile and never say die in the face of danger, for better or worse.

yes. or at least that's part of it.
"These indicate, generally, that the character is mischievous, slightly hostile, or a trickster, but not actually "bad." " is a bit of a thin description

Unfortunately, Cute little fang is about the best descriptor your gonna get if you wanna be concise about the fang itself.

You'd probably have the best time trying to describe the smile as a whole than describing the fang specifically. Like "A beaming grin"

There isn't one for the races that i'm aware of. Each race is pretty capable in all area's though, so having one as concise as that would be difficult. There's also a fair amount of overlap on some of the more mundane stuff.

Ah. so describe their expression in general. only describe their tooth when you have reason to describe the distinctive details of their face, like when describing them for the first time.

Yeah, thats the gist of it.

Nerd playing Shizune here
She almost died that one fight, and Jagasaki went medieval on Dalia because of that, which was actually somewhat out of character for him at the moment (he even princess-carried her to the hospital after the fight).
The meaning of it gets revealed through bits and pieces later on.

>The Dalia sits there, nothing has happened to her. She is already dead. She explodes in a gout of blood, she tries to reform but she just keeps exploding over and over again. It was as if every bit of pain she had inflicted on Innocents was being transfered back into her tenfold.

A lot of this doesn't make sense.

Well have you ever seen that thing that tends to happen in anime and by extension samurai films

The samurai goes up against his opponent and delivers a quick cut or a combination of attacks, slowly walks away and sheaths his sword. There is the clink of the sword sheathing and his opponent is either cut in half, or explodes or what have you

Basically it was something rather similar, he had delivered the blow and she had a delayed reaction before exploding into gouts of blood.

if you want an anime equivalent to what happened, this might not be the best pick but Lust from full metal alchemist getting melted to bits by fire kind of fits.

You say that the dalia's motive was to steal magical without explaining why she wanted to.

Nothing presented in the Dalia's behavior so far in this story suggests her motive was to aquire equipment or money or some higher motive other than to continue having fun killing people, possibly especially powerful people.

Like I'm all for it being revealed that a character has more complicated goals or reasons for doing things than it initially seems, but there's no hints at that before, and no explanation for this new information.

I'm not going to lie it wasn't the best thing i've done as a GM, I think it was the first time I tried to use a "serial killer" kind of character so I definitely missed a few marks here and there.

A lot of her character was "Kills for fun", it's very two dimensional but that's what the character was played as. As for her motivations, well there is some stuff that comes up later which sort of links in with that, overall i'm not super proud of how it went down looking back at it but the actual in game reaction and experience was decently good in a kind of "You had to be there" way.

That is understandable. Thank you for explaining.

post delinquents

There are no side straps on the bottoms she is wearing.

I guess they are either held on by spirit gum, or else magnets attracted to either metal implants or surface piercings.

What are Yama-uba?
The Wikipedia article on them is a mess.

Honestly speaking, its hard to say. The tales of them are all over the place.

The basis for them are seemingly frail old women who live in the mountains, and they seem to have many supernatural abilities. However, to actually say what they are is difficult.

Frankly speaking, just take it as "Weird old monster lady with weird powers". Thats about the best you are gonna get.

Here's one. I'm not sure if this is closer to "In an actual gang" or "Delinquent" but it should work.

Book says not to use Aramitamaized Godhunters against a low-level group, but is there a problem with giving Aramitamaized mononoke an extra ability or two?

Sweet.
Got motorcycle gangs. Or better still combat from motorcycle.

(I'm more interested in armed mounted rider vs armed footslogger. But combat where both parties are motorcycle or at least Vehicle mounted would be appreciated too.)

Thank you players in this storytime .

You guys are adding a lot of life to this story that makes it more interesting.

Why did the party pick Shizune's apartment? Did she offer?

I can see why Ito's home would be a poor choice, also why Akira may not be in a position to host guests (mom is mad and who knows what secrets would have been revealed).

Perhapse Futaba didn't want to visit one of her families properties with a group looking fresh from a violent bloodbath because it could have undesired effects on her idoling work?

We collectively decided it was funnier to cram into Shizune's apartment, so that's what we did. Bullying Shizune is a favorite pastime in the party

Kansainon is a little scatterbrained (if you couldn't tell by now) so I can re-run that scene a little.

Everyone turned up at Shizune's apartment, regardless of how she felt about it. Jagasaki had to take a smaller, more human form I don't have a picture for because of the sudden lack of space. Ito immediately raids Shizune's fridge, comments on how empty it is and reaches for a tub of ice cream. Jagasaki threatens him with a swift and violent death if he so much as touches it so Ito opts to order pizza instead.

Pizza arrives, party banters a bit. At some point during the Dahlia fight Jagasaki acknowledged Shizune as his "master" so Ito asks if this is her gang headquarters; Akira and Onigata mention it's not very well defended. Shizune starts to explain she set up magic barriers before realizing what she's been dragged into implicitly agreeing she's now a rival gang leader to Ito. She tries to backpedal but it's too late, Ito won't take no for an answer.

Shizune changes topic by telling everyone about her family history and real name as described by GM. Onigata and Akira offer sympathy, Ito comments on how parents can be unreliable. The atmosphere starts getting awkward so the party members peter off a little, Onigata and Akira returning home and Ito just driving off without any particular destination in mind.

Also it's probably obvious by this point but there's at least three players as well as the GM in these threads. I'm trying to hold off on posting to save circlejerking our campaign too much as well as not steal the fun from the GM, but I'm happy to elaborate if people ask

Not at all. Go for it.

Try without the extra abilities, if they take it down in like a round or two go with giving the next one an ability or two