Gnolls - Replacement for humans?

So, could it be gnolls are a great replacement for humans from in some settings?
Because if you want to replace the apes with something else it would seem gnolls could be great as hyenas share some of the traits early humans shared:
>Omnivore
>Social
>Savanna animals.
>Live for rather long time for there size.

Of course if you want to make have them as wide spread as humans you would need to have them adapt to different climate, but they, that is exactly what humans did so all you need to do would be to make some gnoll races.

Now of course some will go:
>Why would I use dickgirls?
Don't use spotted hyenas then. And heck vanishing of body parts is common in evolution, so who knows if that even stays. So yeah if you get ideas like that please don't mind this and scroll down.

I'm not a furry.

Beastmen are not furries my friend, also I have to note these are gnolls who should be neither cute not sexy in any way, with females big and monstrous and males small and beaten.

user, you're supposed to fap to femdom THEN post, not the other way around.

Great? If you're a furry. And one of those "humans are boring, play a kitsune" chumps.

>pseudopenis

All your qualifiers apply to 90% of fantasy races

>Beastmen are not furries
Gnolls are. They are just for edgy furries.

No.
Because, and hear me out here, most people don't like gnolls. Doesn't matter if they share traits with early humans, if you're going to substitute humans for a beast race, players are going to want a cool animal.
Wolfmen, foxmen, cat people with variety for all kinds of big cats, lizard people, maybe elephant men, or bird people, but only if they're birds of prey. Maybe insect people, or ratmen, or cute bunny people.
But nobody gives a flying fuck for gnolls, except femdom retards and futa lovers. You faggots are bottom of the totem pole, even for other furries.

>Elephant men
Nigga I'd play a Gnoll for days before I played a fucking elephant man.

So does that make the d&d dragon born furry too?

Maybe, depends on how you do it.

Technically dragonborn would be a scaly but then again you can make them just as magical realmy (and arguably more) then any gnoll

maybe if it's in your own setting and it depends on how you do it.
at least dnd lore wise they're evil demon servants who are birthed when hyenas eat too much and explode.

Funny, because this idiot didn't even read the whole post...Also femdom is a thing for majority of beastmen and majority of humans if you go with ancient tribes...So yeah shut the fuck up.

Yeah, I tend to make them just natural species, same for elfs and orcs, both being type of ape.

>and majority of humans if you go with ancient tribes
Oh? Have you unearthed this mysterious evidence of ancient matriarchal civilizations that has eluded archeologists for decades? And no a fat fetish statue is not evidence

>all the gnoll hate ITT
>not turning gnolls in your campaign into a marauding culture similar to historical Khorasmia
Fucking plebs

>Have you unearthed this mysterious evidence of ancient matriarchal civilizations that has eluded archeologists for decades?
We wuz queens and shiiet

>with females big and monstrous and males small and beaten
Does this sound like a human equivalent to you?

Fact one of oldest language in Europe uses female form when talking about people in general (Instead of male as English or russian) and fact that lots of old panthons were full female in the past before the genders were flipped.

Yeah....instead of you know making shit Veeky Forums sits around and complains...Sad.

Many such cases

Around where I live...yes
Also idea of human replacement is to be interesting in there own way...and this could be really interesting if you worked on the idea instead of fantasising about your fetishes.

And tries to help like this one tend to fail....ironic....I recall magic realm thread not long ago that made more good shit then most other threads do in a month.

>your fetishes
>YOUR fetishes
Don't you attempt that shit on me

Well mine are different, so yeah wording is correct.

pantheons such as?

I don't know, maybe? But taking into consideration that humans in fantasy settings are considered the "average" race to make comparisons with every other one, plus the staple race to play if you don't know what to play, I wouldn't do it.
That said, that's completely up to you. Gnolls are kinda cool, but their portrayal as completely savage and terrible in every way makes them hard to think of them as a character race.
Gnolls as a race work in fantasy settings because they can cover a niche in certain environments, and playing a gnoll character can be interesting, but swapping humans for them... best case scenario you'll just have a setting without humans and that's it, worst case you'll have humans but with hyena/dog heads.

>Beastmen are not furries my friend
Don't even try, user. People here just won't listen or don't care.

Baltic, old Slavic and others going north from there

What said. Taking away humans and putting gnolls in their shoes is a closet-furry move. Making gnolls less barbaric than they usually are in D&D canon is a better move.

Of course, you could also just make it some grand plan by Yeenoghu to pull a Lolth under everyone's feet. Have the gnolls integrate into society as sleeping agents of slaughter, unaware of Yeenoghu's schemes, and then one day, he presses the "FUCK! MURDER! KILL!" switch and chaos ensues.

I like that idea...gonna give it to orcs actually become they are already in most societies and mine are demon made anyway.

To make things interesting, have only the orcs that are attuned to good/lawful gods(Clerics, Paladins, etc) be unaffected by the "Call of the Blood" or whatever you name it. Half-orcs wouldn't be as strongly affected, not being full-blooded orcs.
This creates some interesting implications, the first that with orcs rampaging across the globe in an unstoppable blood-fury 28 Days Later-style, any orc would be under suspicion of being capable of going batshit insane and kill everyone around them. The second is that if one of the PCs is orc-blooded, you get to play Palpatine to try to make them slip up and kill everyone in the party in a rage.

I like idea of the opposide, saying that only good ones go killing, maybe the god worship makes them more susceptible to influence of demons (I like making gods weak in my settings)

>I like making gods weak in my settings

All standard fantasy races are apes. Orcs, Elves, Dwarves, Halflings, Gnomes

>Replacement for humans?

I just used Changelings for that.

Yes and you think I use any of them?

Hobgoblins are better replacements for humans

I mean, those seem like pretty general points, for the most part. Not sure that it warrants replacing humanity with gnolls or some other race.

I prefer to use them as a cannon fodder race. There's basically nothing you could do with them that you couldn't do with any of the traditional player races (god knows there are a lot of them), and you can always shift their cultures around to suit what you want out of a campaign. Declaring gnolls as the "standard" race just comes off as a bad attempt to be clever at best and a worse attempt for a closet furry to put his favorite race in the limelight.
If anything I actually prefer to have them be one of the least morally ambigious "evil" races, since the others have been water down in a lot of ways it's nice to have that contrasted with these sadistic slaving hyena-folk who worship a demon with no real good side. That allows more options in story telling then having them behave just like humans