warhammer-community.com/2017/11/13/coming-soon-beastman-underhive/

>latest Peach/Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=3cdk2Fs2CP0

>FAQs and Errata, GW up to 1.3, FW up to 1.2:
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata#40k-errata
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Tyranid Codex (Expires 18/Nov)
>epub
sendit.cloud/ef5u0qlpuyvz
>pdf
sendit.cloud/v7x4wn6b7lfx

those new units look pretty gay

4 u

MORTIAN BATTLE TANKS ARE BACK

>He doesn't like cheapo meganoughts and zippy haulers

This thread belongs to NURGLE

More like Nerdgle

How can you not like this?

Hello friends. Never played Warhammer before, but the first three books of the Horus Heresy arrived today.

What am I in for?

GRIMDARK

Space marine warlord traits

Which 3 are best

Why are the Night Lords so much better than other traitors? Is it because they don't worship chaos?

How should I build my Death Guard? Not all of the elements are exclusive, but I can't have them all.

Terminators? Poxwalkers? Plague Marines? Plagueburst Crawlers? Bloat Drones? Characters? Psykers?

>Black Library
"Pukes externally"
Just read through some of the older rulebooks fluff if you want to really get into 40k and grimdark and shit

What

Would like to recruit /40kg/ into helping me brainstorm - what conversions or paint techniques would you use to bring out more of the horror aspects of Necrons? I can't play my Tomb Kings anymore, and I like the Necrons but I'd want to try and tie into some of those horror tropes that show up in TK armies. How would you make Necrons feel more like Space Undead and less like Terminator Knock-offs?

posture helps. Make them more hunched over. Robots are always so stiff looking

>It does not end well for the T'au
Still has to be one of the stupidest and funny lines i have ever read.

Should I put spinemaws on my 3 Ripper swarms or just put Toxin Sacs on my 6 Tyrant Guard to finish up my list?

Damn new threads.

>Daemonic Instability
>If your army is Battle-Forged, all LESSER DAEMON units in Chaos Daemons Detachments gain this ability. For every model slain by a unit with this ability, they may subtract one from their leadership tests until the beginning of their next turn. For every point that they pass a morale test by, you may return one slain model to the unit, up to their starting unit size. For Nurgling units, you may restore one wound to a wounded model for every point the morale test is passed by, only returning slain models once all living models are at full wounds.

>Daemonic Assault
>If your army is Battle-Forged, all units in Chaos Daemons Detachments gain this ability. Before deploying your first unit, split your entire army into two equally sized halves (in the case of odd numbers of units, one half will have one more unit). Roll a D6. On a 3+, you choose one half of your army to arrive via Daemonic Assault, otherwise your opponent chooses one half of your army to arrive via Daemonic Assault. When deploying a unit arriving via Daemonic Assault, it may be placed anywhere that is more than 13" from the enemy deployment zone and more than 13" from any enemy units. During deployment, any unit with this rule may be placed in the warp instead of placing it on the table. At the end of any of your Movement phases this unit can breach into reality- set it up anywhere on the battlefield that is more than 9" away from any enemy models.

Boom, Daemons are fixed.

>using all the texture plugins for gimp

amateur

You can't be a Ta'u fire warrior of Vior'la, that's like saying a Terran Guardsman of Fenris.

Has anybody leaked any necromunda stuff like points or weapon stats?

>easy build options for everything

Does GW think THATS the reason people dont get into the hobby?

Do they think their target audience is braindead morons?

I was putting together complex plastic models when I was 6

Yuk! I'll be keeping my Cadians thank you very much! They may be cartoony but at least I get to pose them myself. And kitbash. And Convert.

Chapter specific included or just generic?
If just generic, I'd say
1.Storm of Fire
2.Iron Resolve
3.The Imperiums Sword

Chapter specific ones included (also taking CT into account)
1. Ultramarines: Adept of the Codex
2. Ravenguard: Silent Stalker (tricky to use, but incredibly good in the right situation)
3. Storm of Fire (Its just such a great buff to a gunline)

No you fucking prat. PRICE. PRICE IS WHAT'S KEEPING THEM OUT.
And this isn't your blog.

>Do they think their target audience is braindead morons?
Do you not?

One of the main ways children are diagnosed with autism is when they cannot understand that different people share diifferent experiences and hold different opinions than they do.

>kitbash. And Convert.
Why?

Theres no options that would require kitbashing anymore, because taking a thunderhammer and gluing it onto a space marine captain is too hard for little timmy and will scare away his parents money

They're interesting, but they aren't really characters. That's the real issue with Tyranids and lore; it's impossible to make them compelling since it always just boils down to "space locusts that just want to eat everything." There's no personal drama or dilemmas or any of the other hallmarks of compelling characters.

This isn't an attack on Tyranids (they were what got me into 40k- I love them), just a statement of the facts.

So haulers are just easy-build? That would be disappointing if they had options, but it looks like they don't so at least they might be cheap because of it.

>t. people who have plastic glue fingerprints all over their models when theyre donre

>Farsight dueled the Swarmlord to a stalemate
>Geriatric Tau don't lose to the joblord in melee

Loving Every Laugh

Isn't Tau both the homeworld and the species name? So it would be more like "Human Guardsman of Armageddon"?

>blight hauler has no alternate weapons options because the easy-to-build kit is the only one GW planned on releasing

>Anally devastated ad-homenim

How come you deluded nidfags say nids are more interesting than Chaos when you just explained why they aren't interesting?

It, like with oldcrons, makes them a good antagonist faction. But kind of poor for your dudez, narratives, and back-and-forth struggles.

> jew workshop
> cheap anything
Sweet summer child

Some of us don't need a reason!

(WIP dry fit test, please ignore mold lines and white shit)

How do you prevent fingerprints?

Sand your fingers, fingerprints only hold you back

Storm of fire useful if only hitting one unit? I dont use that big of a gunline only 4 lascannons and a las dread

Demonic instability is way too good. I like the part where they get more resistant to morale the more they kill, which is fluffy and a good mechanic.
However, adding demons to the unit for each point by which you passed the morale check is fucking insane, especially lategame where you dont have enough firepower to force a bad morale check, it literally forces you to ignore attacking the demons, since shooting them might actually create moremof them.

I went for a buttload of poxwalkers, 3 drones and 3 psykers (typhus+2 blightcasters). for the remaining points, I either deepstrike deathshrouds or keep a big squad of plague marines w/ 2 plasma. The poxwalkers are supported by a plague surgeon, typhus and a noxious blight bringer.
So far, pretty fun. Most of my opponents waste so many ressources on the poxwalkers. I'm using 80 right now, but im bumping to 100 soon.

Think they intended the drones to be their customizable fast attack unit.

The blight buggies just fill in fast fire support.

Deff Dread loadout.

2x Skorchas
or
2x Klaws

>more sm and nurgle
Wow, so innovative and inspiring.

Tyrone, pls.

How much glue you using, son? How are your details not melting like candle wax?

I suppose rubber gloves, if we're being serious.

>blight-hauler fags BTFO

What Chaos God should my Warband belong to my dudes? will also accept undivided

I'm finally getting into 40k and I thought a lot about playing Iron Warriors but the whole "your dudes" aspect is pretty appealing

Honestly converting them to be more like that picture would go a long way. Hunched back with armor plates and limbs blasted away, but regenerating. If you're good with lighting make their cores and eyes really bright and their metal dark.

Where did you get that many Poxwalkers? I've got 40 so far, doesn't feel enough desu.

Use less fucking glue.

What units are you planning on using?

Khorne
Reasons:
>Most powerful Chaos god canonically
>Renegades get to Advance and Charge, which means Pistols and Assault weapons are very nice with them
>Khorne is cool
>GW loves you
>FW loves you
>that user over there in the corner doesn’t like you

The first one I ever made had two klaws because I thought it was cooler. Second one had a klaw and skorcha.

The skorcha helps add some decent range without having to rely on their low bs.

Storm of fire is best with heavy weapons that spam tons of shots, like say
>Heavy Bolter/Grav Devastator teams
>Centurion Devastators with Heavy and Hurricane Bolters
>Primaris Aggressors with dakka everywhere
>Killshot Predators with autocannon and bolters
>even just normal marines with bolters
Unfortunately its not that fantastic for high Ap low rate of fire weapons like lascannons.
Its also pretty good if you can somehow get a +1 modifier to your shooting, since then you can proc it on a 5+

Slaanesh is the best for 'general crunch' since they have a stratagem to shoot twice, also their unique physic power is quite good.

If you run Night Lords, Nurgle is good for the leadership debuff.

Khorne is obviously good on World Eaters and Khorne Berserkers which are great.

I like chaos undivided, lets me mix and match marks and dedicated units which is fun. Really depends a lot on how you want to play your CSMs since different marks allow for different units and stratagems.

So how much of a pain in the ass is it going to be painting my World Eaters as Pre-Heresy colours? Also how would their vehicles be painted? Just white with a gold and blue trim?

Why ar people playing Chaos? I can’t see the appeal at all.

Worth running on a 3 man aggressor unit? or would it be better on 6?

Give it at least one skorcha so it has alittle more threat range.

Is it possible to remove their lower jaws? Maybe parts of their skulls? Make them look a bit more ragged/undead?

"Blight Buggy" just gave me a stupid idea and I love it!

Take a Plaguereaper, give it a "Fortress of Arrogance' style Pulpit, and stick Morty on the top.

We'll call it...THE BLIGHTMOBILE!

But the only super heavy you get is a blood vaccume that costs 888

Tau is the species, the apostrophe indicates the homeworld.

There's an user that uses pre-heresy emperors children colours for primaris. So I can't imagine it would be difficult, just find source artwork and roll with that.

Why ar people playing Tyranids? I can’t see the appeal at all.

That's a good question, I was thinking of avoiding bezerkers for now since the models are old as shit and I'm new to hobbying and don't trust myself to do conversions that don't look like total shit yet

What sort of units have a lot of cool tricks up their sleeves? Sorry to ask to be spoon fed, I'm about to read the CSM codex to get more of an idea

I like Khorne but the reason above is my main concern

Thanks, will my warband rules basically just revolve around what I say they're a "successor" of like with Space Marines?

I kinda like the undivided aspect too, if I'm honest I'm more excited about fluff than crunch since I'm at uni and might not get much time to play any time soon anyway

Reminds me of Hirohito's line when he announced Japan's surrender to his people in 1945.

"the war situation has developed not necessarily to Japan's advantage"

Humans have a particular fear of the long, gaunt, and skinny. Give them a hunch, yes, but also look for ways to make their limbs unnaturally long.

You could always just make a splinter group of Iron Warriors. All of their sensibilities but none of the strings attached. You also could do something dumb like make them a Tzeentch worshiping Iron Warrior splinter that is using fire and magic to try to one up their competitors on the Daemon Engine market. Keep the iron look but replace the hazard marking with blue or something.

I can try this tomorrow. Might do the trick.

They probably like the lore behind the legions.

Hey the Gorkanaut/Morkanaut has no alternate options and it's not in an easy to build kit.

If it did I'd strip all the ranged weapons off both of them and make them actually decent.

Lol. The placement of the pupils on the eyes is going to make or break this model.

For your 'legion trait', Alpha Legion is good for shooty armies. Renegades are good for stabby.

If you go shooty, Obliterators are good, as are havocs with special weapons. Get some vehicles like the forgefiend, hellbrute or predator/land raider.

If you go stabby, get rhinos, possessed, daemon prince, berserkers and helldrakes.

Lots of good stuff, just need to build well.

Or
Take Kans instead

Why don't the thread starters for 40kg ever put links to previous threads??

he should make dynamic duo with disapprovingly looking commissar - I mean, that backward motion is technically retreating...

because exposition to 40k makes people lose all sense of continuity

Does that mean if a Guardsman starts moonwalking it doesn't count as retreating because they're still facing towards the enemy?

Not if you go to FW user.

Cool models. Get to play the villain.

>buying from nazis
Just no

Or make the hazard stripes yellow and blue or black and blue

Possessed are good this edition. Right? R-Right?

Not that user but I'm stealing this concept

Does anyone have experience using phosphorescent paint?

You can call anyone a nazi these days.

The logo for Kiss uses two nazi like symbols, they had to change it during their European tour,

Is that glow in the dark paint, or explosive paint?

that's the opposite of what he said Y'FAG!!!!

Alright, I think I’ve finally finished it! What do you think of my list, anons?

Court of the Nephilim King
Tyranid Battalion Detachment

HQ
•Hive Tyrant with Stranglethorn Cannon, Scythes of Tyran, Adrenal Glands, and Toxin Sacs, 192

•Tervigon with Monstrous Scything Talons, 243

•Old One Eye, 200

Troops
•Termagants with Fleshborers and 10 Devourers (30), 160

•Tyranid Warriors with Boneswords, Deathspitters, Flesh Hooks, and Adrenal Glands (3), 90

•Tyranid Warriors with Boneswords, Deathspitters, Flesh Hooks, and Adrenal Glands (3), 90

•Ripper Swarms with Spinemaws (3), 39

Elites
•Maleceptor, 172

•Tyrant Guard with Crushing Claws, Adrenal Glands (6), 300

•Hive Guard with Impaler Cannons (3), 144

•Hive Guard with Impaler Cannons (3), 144

Heavy Support
•Carnifex with Tusks, Bone Mace, Monstrous Scything Talons, Adrenal Glands, Chitin Thorns, and Spore Cysts (2), 224

Total: 1998

Hopefully I’ve got all the points right

Love this!

>cool models

Most of the csm range looks dated at best.