Warhammer Fantasy General /wfg/

Teclis' day out edition

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S (embed)
WFRP: pastebin.comq/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

>We're looking for these novels for the archive (not updated)
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer 2: store.steampowered.com/app/594570/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II/
Vermintide 2: store.steampowered.com/app/552500/Warhammer_Vermintide_2/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Age of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HyU_1-Py0dA
youtu.be/Hnfo-cegsG4?t=23m11s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nothing left to lose, might as well join in.

People of the Old World, listen carefully!

As you know, some very strange events have been taking place recently. The entire IP of WFRP was destroyed at the hands of Fantasy Flight Games and Games Workshop. But then, in July, everything was promised to be back to normal. Many of you are doubting if all of this actually happened, but I can assure you that this is not a dream.

Unfortunately,Games Workshop is still alive and the Old World is still in great danger. A small group of warriors has taken up the fight on your behalf. However, the battle has been extremely difficult and they can't win it by themselves

That is why I'm speaking to you right now, to ask for your help. If all of you would raise your hands up to the sky and offer a portion of your energy, we could use it bring WFRP back to its former glory once and for all! No more being ignored in favour of inferior settings! Consider this your first, small stride towards a glorious new age of roleplaying!

Now, let's begin! Raise your hands up! Now!

Get a trip so I can filter you.

goku stop.

I GIVE MY STRENGTH
god I hope 4e is good

So what are the Old World's equivalent to the Finns?

Trying to come up with a campaign hook. I understand that, while technically both serving the Chaos gods, Beastmen and Chaos Warriors/Cultists aren't exactly allies. Is there a feasible situation where a cult might try to manipulate a warherd to sack a town?

Fimir
Included in the norscan roster
ebin memes
no one uses them because they are useless.

The Ropsmenn perhaps?

I feel like the Ropsmenn are supposed to correspond to a specific historical group, but I have no idea which one.
In any case, some of the Ropsmenn lived in Troll Country, which I guess is Finland.

After a bit of googling I discovered this at least:
>Some scholars (supporters of the so-called Normanist theory) believe that Rus’ derives from either a Finnish (ruotsi) or an Old Nordic (ropsmenn, ropskarlar) term, which the Finnic tribes living in what is today northern Russia used to describe adventurers who came from Sweden and created the state that subsequently was called Kievan Rus’.

Which honestly sounds like it should be referring to the invaders rather than the native people who were being invaded.
Realm of the Ice Queen mentions that the "distinctive Górelsk dialect, said to be the unpolluted language of the Ropsmenn (...) is said to be much more musical than standard Kislevarin"
Which, except for the fact that it's a dialect rather than a language, certainly sounds like Finnish.

>Finnish
>musical
Ebin memes

When finns learnt Swedish and made their own version they made it monotone as fuck.

release date?

Do Tomb Kings need to drink blood?

Man Cubicle 7 had better make converting characters easy.

I'm actually pretty hyped

Get a trip so i can follow you.

Fuck you Goku you can't tell me what to do

Any lore about the humans of Albion besides the Truthsayers or whatever? I would like some more Irish barbarian dudes in my Empire army.

Who wears more bling, a knight from bretonnia or the empire?

No release date yet, just "2017." Frankly I doubt that it'll be released this year, and hopefully they spend as much time as possible refining the mechanics.

Bretonnian for sure. They don't give a fuck about practicality.

all you had to do was toss on kfcs face and the entire speech would be 100% believable and lore appropriate

anyway

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Who is kfc

youtube.com/watch?v=HyU_1-Py0dA

> not being hercule, savior of the earth
Get fucked loser

They don't need to do any human thing.

>dumb kangz

who cares

Is there a even character that’s close to being as perfect as Cell? Let alone be him. And I'm not talking about Perfect Cell. I'm not talking about Super Perfect either. Hell, I'm not even talking about SSGSS Golden Cell. I’m also not talking about SSGSS Golden Cell who fused with 9001 SSGSS Golden Cell Jrs & obtained Beerus & Whis' DNA. I'm definitely NOT Talking about SSGSS Golden Cell who fused with 9001 SSGSS Golden Cell Jrs & obtained Beerus, Whis, Champa & Vados' DNA after absorbing enough Spiral Power & Getter Rays to use SSGSS Golden Tengen Toppa Getter Emperor. I'm talking about SSGSS Golden Cell who fused with an infinite number of SSGSS Golden Cell Jrs, wished himself immortal with the Super Dragon Balls & obtained Beerus, Whis, Champa, Vados, Zeno, Madara Uchiha & Ultimate Kars' DNA to obtain Requiem versions of every Stand (including but not limited to Gold Experience Requiem, Made in Heaven Requiem, The World Over Heaven Requiem & D4C Requiem) after absorbing enough Spiral Power & Getter Rays to use SSGSS Golden Tengen Toppa Getter Emperor as he pilots Elder Demonbane with Cosmic Armor, Power Cosmic, and Omega effect, the Anti-Life Equation also flowing through his veins, while he does 101 Push-ups, 101 Sit-ups, 101 Squats, 11 km run per day for over 4 months inside the sun after ingesting Kryptonian DNA (to somehow obtain infinite power from a finite source) after consuming Popeye's Spinach while riding the writer's cock to battle.

All I know about the Ropsmenn is that they apparently introduced the worship of Tor to Kislev.

So for TWW, when we see Kislev, we probally won't get Bear Cav, but War trained Bears are canon?

yes

also if elsas dad is a LL he will ride a bear. or they may give bear mounts to all lords like how all the elves can get dragon mounts

Boris Ursa fits the timescale. He dies at about the same time as Azhag the Slaughterer.
And between him and Katarin they would have a warrior LL and a caster LL.

But it wouldn't make sense for them to both exist at the same time.

So can anybody find any lore references to some of the places marked in the map of the chaos realms? Some of these places seem like great adventures for advanced characters to go die.

There's lore for the Forge of Souls and The Drifting Castle.

>end up at the seven stones and just like...lay on the grass and chill

i want werebears

Sigmar bless /twg/'s memes.

What book is this image from? Storm of Magic?

Eh, I'm sure they can bullshit a reason he'd be alive. Maybe just pull a 'he never really died, just faked his death so he could fuck off with his bear and have kickass adventures' thing.

>not a single bit of facial hair

Horrible.

I'm more interested in the war-game but I own all the RPG books since they're full of good tidbits. Sigmar's Heirs is probably the most detailed information we'll ever have on the Empire.

What do you expect from Southern-softies?

t. Ostland master race.

So, tg, how do you use skaven?

My friend and I finish a dwarf-elf ME campaign a few days ago, and started up a skaven coop vortex campaign. We're having some trouble using their initial units effectively.

Any recommendations on skaven strategy?

What's an ME campaign?

you got a problem with that.

mortal empires

Oh, nobody knows anything about the vidya here.

We can only tell you how to play Skaven with their 7th edition book.

>Is there a feasible situation where a cult might try to manipulate a warherd to sack a town?
That seem like standard cultist shenanigans. Any number of reasons might lay behind it.

Clanrats to the meatgrinder and any unit that actually does damage you flank with or if you only have clanrats try to kill the enemy lord before your army is dead.

Skaven armies are cheap as fuck to field so be the rat and drown the enemy in bodies.

get some mods
clanrats and slaves are fodder
skaven tech is cool
Warlocks are cool.

So when are we getting 4th edition? I'm hyped as fuck, guys...

Their women fight. Apparently with spears.

>I'm hyped as fuck

Yeah I know but I can't help being hyped, I love WFRP (2e mainly) and it's been ages since I've had something new on it.

I play 2e weekly and the more I do the more I appreciate how good 3e was. I have very low hope for 4e.

I'm hoping Genesys will work well for Warhammer Fantasy and gets a good online following.

What is it that you dislike about 2e, and what is it you like about 3e?

Aside from the setting, the casting mechanic and the basic idea of careers, I don't like anything about 2e. Character creation, how the skills work, the encumbrance system, all of it. None of it is enjoyable at all.

I like having a greater level of control of character creation and advancement that 3e offers. I like the simpler skill list and stats, I like being able to learn tricks to help differentiate one character from the other, I like the less linear die rolling and general more narrative focus without losing the terrible threats that WFRP should have.

3e's packaging/release style was a train wreck, it could really use a revision with lessons learned, but I find the fundamental core of the game good and enjoyable, as opposed to pretty much everything in 2e.

Not buying Star Wars Saga, shill.

What?

Wasn't Saga Edition Star Wars the second d20 version? I had that.

>Setting
You don't like the Old World?

>The casting mechanic
What's wrong with it? I mean yeah it's quite risky but that's the point of warhammer magic, it's a form of balance as well.

>Careers
They definitely make more sense than classes, though I agree that except for your starting career it doesn't make much sense to go and keep changing careers, especially when your character isn't doing what he's supposed to be doing and he's adventuring instead.

>Character creation
I've changed it to make it less random. My players roll for all stats and can then swap them around in order to place the good rolls on the stats they need. If someone is particularly unlucky, I just give them the average racial score.

>How the skills work
Just make sure you're giving out situational modifiers almost all the time (as it should be) and the skill system works just fine.

>The encumbrance system
Just don't use it, use common sense instead. If someone is carrying too much heavy shit start giving out penalties but if he's not blatantly overloaded don't waste time keeping track of encumbrance.

I guess I can respect your difference in opinion, despite my disagreement. My group rolls for everything (even the character's name), and it's incredibly fun.

Encumbrance is the fuckin best, too. Our group is used to 5e D&D, and we hate the whole "my character is a pack mule and negates the need for bookkeeping." Lugging around a maul might not be the hardest thing ever, but you can bet that you're going to have a hard time carrying it in addition to a full suit of armour, three swords, and a shield.

C7 are a safe pair of hands, they did a good job with their Middle-Earth RPG. I couldn't really think of a better match to be honest, if they fuck it up then 4E was never meant to be.

I do like the setting, that is why I play. If I didn't I wouldn't bother with this at all. I like the casting mechanic too, magic should be dangerous in the setting. Setting, casting mechanic and basic idea of careers are the only three I *do* like.

The other three things you are fixing, or suggesting fixes with house rules. I can't judge a game by house rules, only what is written in the book.

Encumbrance as an idea is fine, it's just a bit brutal in 2e. Maybe if I had more control over my stats it wouldn't bug me as much, but I suspect it would work better with a "Base Vale + Strength related value" so that everyone can at least carry a few basic items.

WFRP link in OP is dead, anyone know where I can find some resources for that?

Khorne.ru/2nd

Some.
>The Garden of Blight
Is a garden full of short lived monsters, everything there would fuck you to death, literally. As the border of Nurgle and Slaneesh, the place is always on an orgy of procreation, birth and death.
>Lair of the Thirteenth lord
Possible lair of the the Horned Rat.
>The Marcher Fortress
Is a Hellraiser dungeon cranked up to 11. Its a place of craven delights and is the bastion of Slaneesh against Khornes hordes. Those who die from getting OD'd with depravity are mulched in a giant grinding wheel and used as mortar for the defenses.

Superior skaven tactics. Almost never auto resolve, it fucks you. Send your slaves in, wrap around back and flank with everyone else. Should be status quo on all units. Abuse menace below and warp bombs. Keep lords close but not in the fight unless they are tooled out for it. Killing a skaven lord is instant loss. Also skaven magic is fucking powerful.
Like the tabletop, I always go fluff firat. My skill army is all plague monks, plague catapults, abominations and some globadiers. My queek army is very fighty. Point warplightning cannons at bug monsters, watch Eagles and dragons die before they even reach you.

youtu.be/Hnfo-cegsG4?t=23m11s

I made a thing

That's a nice thing... I would run them 7 x 3 though... sorry I just... wherever I go I must stratagise.

just stretch them wide and give them unit filler

That sounds like a good idea, thanks.

How can I find games? Any specific facebooks group I should look for? I live in Ontario Canada if that helps

Any local game stores around you? If so, check like their facebook page and leave a post asking if anyone wants to get some games in.
It's not easy. Some one I know from my local game store has been trying for a while and we still can't find enough regulars.
Still, don't give up.

That's a norscan tribe.

Faggot fucktard spotted

Half the point of playing a Warhammer RPG is that you're not playing a hero destined by fate to save the world. You're playing a mud grubbing peasant (possibly literally) who's a little luckier than most. The random generation is a large portion of that because it means you can't make your custom-designed archetype. If you really dislike the character you roll, there's nothing stopping you from refilling a new character. The important bit is that you basically are playing a person, with flaws and strengths in places you didnt plan for instead of being a custom hero you made up.

Skills are simple as they are in 2e, I'm not aire what's so complicated about them.

Having played EotE, I can say I do NOT want that dice system in a warhammer game. Not because its bad, but because it doesn't fit the setting. Warhammer is not a 'cinematic' and narrative based universe. Things don't happen because they'd be dramatically appropriate. Your characters can die, easily, to random goblins. Your wizard can be sucked into a portal to Hell while trying to save them. Then the survivors are burned at the stake for having travelled with the wizard.

3e wasn't just a mess because it was practically a board game. It's because it was a dice testbed for fucking STAR WARS, about the least Warhammer-y universe there is.

No.

Nagash used an Elixer to turn himself into a Lich.

Neferata modified his Elixer and made vampirism. They're the only ones who need to drink blood.

Nagash killed everything in Nehekhara and raised it as what are basically Wights. The ones who had the best burials AKA the high nobility and royalty were restored to their full intelligence beyond that of any normal Wight. Those are the Tomb Kings.

Been browsing the T9A galleries, looks like people have been managing to turn the shitty steampunk AoS Dwarfs into proper Dwarfs.

>yfw making a Cloak Of Beards

Just had a killer game of Mordheim this day! My Dwarf treasure hunters finally took home a win after a tremendous loosing streak to the same team over and over again.

I pulled a "not really win" last week, when my team was, yet again on the brink of destruction. All due to to my first three out of actions of the game (while my team was literally slaughtered to one man standing!). The game ended and while I won, my heroes suffered injuries (beyond recognition!), and many of my henchmen died. All in all, I didn't see it as a win at all. To top it of, the loosing team didn't get a scratch on them...

But enough of that! Today, today I won a major victory! I succeeded in just about everything I set out to do incredibly enough. Not only that, my guys finally did what I wanted them to! My tank, well he tanked, instead of dying to a light breeze of air! My ranged units, they actually killed something and not shooting air puffs though their guns! My close combat units, believe it or not, took something out of action unlike the usual "standing about" thing they do! It all went so smooth that both me and my opponent looked shocked at the moment he bottled! All in all I lost a beardling. But my opposition, first real loss in the campaign, died with both his leader and a hero! They both rolled a 15! He then proceeded to roll a leg injury on one of his fast heroes that's meant to really rush in to the fray. And not only that, several of his henchmen where gutted as well. It was a devastating blow to the once dominating team on this campaign, leaving only a broken and miserable player.

Im not even sure why I go online to tell about it, but Im just so happy I finally won something with my team!

Well done Mahdood

That sound like some right proper Dwarven vengeance many grudges where struck out that day.

Indeed it was, indeed it was! This team has plagued me from the start, and has only had straight victories throughout the campaign. Thus gaining a total of 10 free victory points to the leader (for winning leader free XP bonus), and I can tell you right now a good 6 of those where from my team getting butchered! And by now the team featured a minotaur, full rooster with maxed out models, well geared heroes and a beefy leader to boot!

But scenario played him a trick, and he only started with 2/3 of his team on the board. Overconfidence took hold, and he bum-rushed me safe in the knowledge he still outmatched me. But little did he know my grudge had sprung fire in the eyes of my warband! Not only a great boost to my gang in terms of money, but also giving me some well deserved XP and skills.

Thanks man! Games like this makes you really just rush home to start painting and converting stuff for future matches. Unlike horrible defeats where you barely look at the army-transport for a week in pure shame.

good job

Damn fine candy bar.

So what is preferable if your goal is immortality? Liche or Vampire?

Depends.
For a mortal, anything that will let you survive longer is the goal. Most Undead are assholes, and vampires especially so since vampirism amplifies their personality traits which turns the ambitious into Skaven-like paranoia.

Once you have immortality, you want to get freedom over yourself since most ways of obtaining immortality mean swearing yourself to a master. This is part of why Undead are so backstabby.

Finally, you'll want the longterm plans of first making sure you can always resurrect yourself, then the even longerterm plan for what happens when Nagash comes back.

The Tomb Kings were basically a one-off thing, Nehekhara itself is so uninhabitable that Mannfred is the only canon character to have managed to take their secrets and he had hundreds of years plus an army to do it. So you have no hope of finding the secret burial techniques, let along getting someone to cast the "kill everything and resurrect it" spell that Nagash is probably the only one to know how to use and only after sucking a literal pyramid full of Warpstone.

Becoming a Wight is easier, you just have to be a badass warrior someone will want to raise that is buried with pre-Sigmar burial rites in a place where the Death Wind blows strongly. So be a hero and be buried in Sylvania. You'll be enslaved and your willpower may be low, but you'll still survive the end of the world and Chaos will never eat your soul.

To become a vampire, you have to have a vampire want to turn you. That makes them a potential rival, so you have to be useful enough as a servant. In novels there's humans who serve vampires as servants just for the purpose of being turned, but the vampire doesn't because the mortal's usefulness is only as a living person to do shit for them. Also, you then have to worry about other bloodlines, politics, failing your master...

There's probably ways to become a ghost. We don't know them, ghosts just kind of exist.

As far as I know, Nagash and Arkhan are the only Liches. It wasn't pleasant for them, it was more their backup plan when getting killed. You need to be an epic tier necromancer in life to do that, but even Kemmler never did.

So...vampire. A kiss-ass who doesn't fuck up vampire. One who has enough people loyal to them that if you die, you'll be raised by them to continue doing whatever it is that makes them like you. Maybe spread the legend that you can make people fall in love, or slay monsters for poor people or something.

Or turn yourself into a Dwarf. Dwarf souls apparently last forever in the world according to their early Warhammer lore on Dwarf beliefs which were confirmed to be true in End Times.

Most of us play the vidya user.

So is there a difference between a Lich and a Liche in warhammer? Kemmler beat a coven of liches, so it doesn't make sense if he couldn't become one one himself.

liche = necrach
lich = holy shit its nagash AHHH

Thoughts on Mel Gibson playing the role of Orion?

Posting pics from a 6 person triumph and treachery game today. Please excuse the unpainted models some of us are pretty new to fantasy. The armies were Bretonnia, wood elves, skaven, dark elves, ogres, and undead legions.