Old Thread: >Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/13/coming-soon-beastman-underhive/

>Duncan
Making Mortarion video ATM

>FAQs and Errata, GW up to 1.3, FW up to 1.2:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_LBmUwi6mEo
games-workshop.com/en-US/Tyranid-Army-2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for Tau are the only good guys in wh40k

Blood Angels cannot catch a break. First we piss off a greater Daemon of Khorne, Then we piss off an Alien Hive mind that breeds Hyper Adaptive Killers and then we lose almost all our brothers and end up with a bunch of faceless nobodies.

Hive fleet Kronos STRONK

youtube.com/watch?v=_LBmUwi6mEo

I know;. It's just funny that the Tau get mentioned in the same breath as the Necrons and Tyranids.

Each race is the end of the Imperium.
>when the Tyranids arrive
>when the Necrons wake up
>when Chaos pours from the Warp
>when Tau develop FTL
>when Orks work together
>when the Eldar learn to fuck
They’re all the end of humanity in one way or another. Tau will just end the Imperium/Humanity through assimilation.

they are ranking up points in my tough boys scale I might start collecting them.

What are the essentials for a 750pt army?
I guess something like 1-2 units for objective control, something anti-vehicle and something anti-infantry?

Be at ease brother. When Sanguinius returns, it will be the most glorious day the for the Blood Angels. All the pain and sufferring will be worth it.

>88
>Double the number of khorne
>typhus btfo in his own thread

Gulliman: Here you go. Now sure, it's not got the protective shielding other heavy Dreadnoughts come with, nor does it come with a broad flexibility in armaments, but on the plus side the Cogboys cut all sorts of corners in the life support system and it rapidly kills it's pilot!

Dante: Thanks I hate it

Im looking to start a tyranid army, and, my dex ison the way. What should I purchase for my first 1000 points?
I currently own the genestealers from space hulk.

Why can blood angel primaris take chainswords?

Either that, or 5 carnifexes.
But that's really up to you.

>wanting a noble sacrifice and the whole lore behind them to become moot and bring a dead primarch back
what is wrong with you

>Cogboys cut all sorts of corners in the life support system and it rapidly kills it's pilot!

>5 carnifexes
lucky me that I play for the greater good.
>I'm not spamming 4wep. commander

>‘I have looked into the shadow in the warp and seen the thing that casts it,’ said Mephiston. ‘What assails our galaxy is not an army of individuals, or even a colony of social animals working as one, but a single creature, a monstrous foe of inconceivable dimensions. Scaraban is correct. We have our perception of this predator back to front. It is not as it appears, a host of creatures linked psychically, it can instead be seen as a single, massive psychic presence: a single mind. These monsters that attack us generate it, they make it as a man makes his soul, but whereas ours are individual, theirs is singular, a single predator, not many.’

>‘And when they attack each other?’ said Malphas.

>‘Perhaps the hive fleets are different beings, one mind for each. Perhaps they are all ultimately one. We cannot say for sure. The tyranids are utterly alien. But we know the hive mind is real. This intelligence is emergent, coming from the billions of creatures in the swarms, but it is not an empty intellect, it is aware. It has a soul.’

>‘You say then this being is a warp entity, born of the immaterium?’ asked a Librarian. ‘In our librarius we have theorised it is but another thing of Chaos wearing xenos skin.’

>‘Codicier Laertamos, Brothers of the Red,’ the herald skull announced.

>Scaraban shook his head. ‘I am sure its origins are in this realm of being. We are not alone in holding this opinion of its nature. The reports of Inquisitor Kryptmann, others in the Inquisition and the Magos Biologis suggest so, at least those that support this interpretation. Perhaps what we are seeing is a creature part-way to spiritual transcendence, a gestalt made of the minds of billions of brute animals trapped half in and half out of the warp by unending hunger?’

>‘You suggest we fight a god?’ scoffed a Space Marine of cadaverous appearance. His eyes were sunken in skin that looked dry as dust.

>‘Carnifus, third captain, Blood Drinkers.’

Don't specifically set out to have an objective control unit, just let your heavy weapons camp and your vanguard units late-game sieze.

Because GW are cunts.

The start collecting box is nice.
With your stealers you will have 1 hq, 2 troop and one heavy.

after that you either buy a tyrant, gaunts (or more stealers) or carnifexes.

>when the Eldar learn to fuck
apex kek, le virgin eldar vs chad human

Fuck the commie scum

If you can find it the older Start Collecting Box with a Hive Tyrant, Warriors, and Gargoyles. Carnifexes if they weren’t sold out. The new Start Collecting Box isn’t bad. Swarm box if you can find it.

Any good music/playlists I can put on in the background while playing 40k? Preferably on Spotify

If I put some Marines and a Captain both inside a fortification, can the Marines benefit from the Captain's reroll bubble because they're in the same spot, or do they not get it because they're both treated as being "off the table"

Rolled 5, 1 = 6 (2d6)

Or, Typhus claimed the numbers which should be for Khorne, for Nurgle.

Khorne BTFO.

Also on the roll of a 7, Angron is after Fulgrim.

>‘Is there a better word for such a thing?’ said Mephiston.

>‘Blasphemy,’ muttered Carnifus.

>‘Then should we not take the fight to it psychically? Destroy the mind and the bodies will follow.’

>‘Dammanes, seventh captain, Brothers of the Red,’ said the herald skull.

>‘We cannot fight it in the warp, my brothers. Its presence there is so overwhelming that the Emperor himself would not prevail,’ said Dante. ‘When these things are separated from their mind, as has happened in my wars against them, be it by psychic or physical means, they remain alive, and savage, with a will and intelligence of their own to fall back on until they are enslaved again. The Leviathan must be killed in the flesh, then the mind will die, for the mind is generated by the creatures it guides. It is a thing of this world that is half in the next. That is its weakness. Its creatures seem endless, but kill enough of them, and the hive mind is weakened. Kill all of them, and it is over.’

Hivemind confirmed to be a Warp God. This means it can be killed. This is good news.

>Warriors
>Gargoyles
I guess if you want your army to start out like shit this is the proper way to go.

Ive been looking for that box, hard to find at a decent price.
What about this kit anons?
games-workshop.com/en-US/Tyranid-Army-2017

w-whats wrong with warriors?

Just have to kill every Tyranid. Well thats simple.

> 88
> Double Khorne's number
> 16
> 1 + 6 = 7
Nice try

>that pic

Wait I thought that type of assasian used warp fuckery to incapacitate their victims. Why are the Tau freaking out, they dont ahve a connection to the warp.

Ace Combat OST.
Drakengard 2/3, Nier and Nier:Automata OST.
Gundam 00, Gundam Unicorn, Gundam Thunderbolt and Gundam Stardust Memory OST.
Anything Hiroyuki Sawano.

Expecially Ace Combat stuff.

>Still 8
Please dont emberass your maggot lord any more.

Warriors can be cheap Synapse anchors, or even a decent HQ. Gargoyles are good screens.

trygon/mawlock is always good
broodlord is a beast
genestealers are nice
hormagaunts are good
termagaunts are best taken with a tervigon
gargoyles are... gargoyles

You know when Dante saw Sanguinius After fighting the Swarmlord it made me wonder does everyone see that when they die? Like do all of the Death Company see him and does he guide all of them to side of the emperor in peace after they finish their duty?

What is this excerpt from?

It's doable.

This is mortarion tier autism

>Tau fucking anything
Literally nothing the Tau make, think up or develop can threaten the Imperium

You know why? They have FTL, you dumb fuck. It's still slower than Warp travel.

Nothing really, at 27 points per model they're a passable little bit of everything unit with heavy Bolter shooting, four power sword attacks on the charge and a support power.

The only downside is they're kinda a fire magnet if you're aiming to rely on them.

Drop the gargs with a flyrant to screen him. Boom

not the best one honestly, those gargoyles aren't worth what you pay for them. See of you can find an old "death storm" box you can split with a BA player

>The only downside is they're kinda a fire magnet if you're aiming to rely on them.
I tend to run mine along with nidzilla, my enemy rarely has enough heavy guns for everything in my experience

The Imperium disagrees. The Tau threat is equal to the Necrons and Tyranids.

I'm no expert, but I think the main point, why the t'au are "harmless" is, because they are such a small empire, with next to no troops compared to the imperium.

It's strongly hinting that Sanguinius's soul is pretty much alive and BAs keep his body in stasis. Dubs will bring him back sooner or later whether I like it or not because primarch is literally raining cash, especially Sangy.

Not gonna lie, i'll definitelly get him if he's back.

Yeah that's a good kit.
All units are between viable and really good.
Can't go wrong with that.

Except for the gargoyles. But at the price they are basically included for free.

Not to meme, but does anyone have the "Crusade and other stories" book pdf?

>termagaunts are best taken with a tervigon
That's a funny way of spelling 'devilgaunts are best taken with a Trygon into deepstrike'

repostan

#
Thats honestly cool as fuck, reminds me of the theory that the nids are running from something and are trying to gain enough mass to survive the next encounter with it

>Kill all of them, and it is over.’
oh
sure
just
fucking kill ALL the tyranids in forever
great fucking plan
what are you gonna propose next?
kill ALL the orks?

It may.
But I don't "Want" it. New-GW is doing some pretty stupid stuff lorewise, I don't mind the Primarchs coming back since it has been teased over and over again, but bringing dead ones is a little fucky.

Dante is a special case I guess, The Sanguinor has saved him on numerrous occasion, even when he was a child. Sanguinius must had sent the Sanguinor to aid Dante.

>devilgaunts are best taken with a Trygon into deepstrike
funny how you say 'take only hormagaunts and the cheapest HQ für 2000 points'

Go read Devestation of Baal.

You'll see that them hinting at Sanguinius' souls being alive is flat out confirmed

>Dubs will bring him back sooner or later

Posting to bring Sanguinius back.

The way I see it is that Culexus have effectively "negative" souls, so despite having minimal warp presence, the Tau still feel complete revulsion and pain in the presence of one with his helmet at full blast. The Necrons have something similar as seen in the Cain novel Caves of Ice, where stormtroopers were driven insane just by the sight of one.

Man I wish I had 400 Hormagaunts

a devilgaunt is a nickname given to termagants with devourers.

unit nicknames should die, imo. Unless they are adopted by GW. they just confuse new people.

thank god no one uses the old tau suit nicknames.

rollin for revive

Are Gargoyles really that bad, fellas?

>400
its only 344 and 4 Neurothropes

They can ? We're does it does so ?

its less that they're bad and more that there are better options, they make for good cover/screens
but without the "we take the objective and also deny anyone else claiming it" special rule they dont have many other niches.

You fucking tell em

*Blocks your path*
Wanna see my new fortress, kid?

With all the Primaris running around like right now, i'm too tired to care about what they are doing with the lore. I just want to have fun moving model on weekend with my friends.

Yes.

For 50% more points you effectively get a faster termagant that dies just as easily.

I manta strike my soul cleanse squad here and my fireknives here

he is literally the worst possible Primarch to bring back, it would completely ruin him and the entire BA chapter

I'm pretty sure the devourer gaunts were called devilgaunts in one of the old codices somewhere (4th or 3rd)

>Kill all of them, and it is over.
No shit?
HEY GUYS I KNOW HOW TO WIN THE WAR!!
KILL THE ALL OF THE ENEMY!
GAHH, IT'S SO SIMPLE!

Holy shit BL, I know your writing can be terrible but this is pathetic

I'm good, thanks.
> Wanna see my Greater Good?

SOONER OR LATER

Buddy, the lore is already beyond repair. What in all the hells are you complaining about at this point?

*teleports behind you*
You want to see my ovipositor friend?

because not everyone has the same opinion as you?

>cant follow a simple conversion
>calling others pathetic
They were discussing which is the best way to deal with the nids and settled on physically purging them

How easy would it be to file and greenstuff a Tervigon sac into some kind of biological gasbag? My 30k Admech need themselves an Arvus Lighter and I was thinking of making some kind of small airship using those, greenstuff and plasticard for a laminated metal frame around the balloons. Could do the same but smaller for Vulturax and go Skymech, which I haven't seen anyone try before despite the fact that the HH Admech pack some seriously badass flyers.

Might just be simpler to sculpt a greenstuff gasbag and put some bulges and texture on it with sculpting tools, but I needed some Termagant weapons to arm my Corpuscarii conversions anyway so I might as well buy a couple Tervigon Brood Progenitor kits if I can find any.

I respect your position yet I can't side with it.
I don't care if im called a babbling autist, a solid and stable lore can't be fucked in the sake of money, especially if there are many other aspects they could explore without fucking up things.

A dude made something better then the GOD EMPEROR ALMIGHTY OF HUMANKIND, but it's okay because "he had 10000 years and all the stuff the Emperor used!". Im still angry.

It just means that unlike the Chaos Gods whose minions deaths are temporary and require other means of containment, the Hivemind depends on its foot soldiers to manifest in the Warp. The Hivemind can be killed forever. There are a finite number of Tyranids out there. With each victory, they grow less in numbers.

>implying he could block a path

Oh my, dat classic warrior on the right

If your opinion is the heresy novels hadn't already raped the lore, and that the 8th ed fluff wave isn't compounding it by bringing all that mess into the present... Why the hell would I respect your opinion?

For 2k points maybe.
But why would you stop there?

To re-stoke the helmet shit from last thread. From a novel

>The holo missiles exploded with such force the Space Marines’ headless corpses were flung into the road.
>‘I still can’t believe they weren’t wearing helmets,’ said Ob’lotai in disbelief.
>‘Pride,’ quoted Farsight, ‘is the ruination of both warriors and kings.’
>‘They edited out the blood again,’ said Bravestorm, flexing his onager gauntlet. ‘Why not celebrate it?’

.. wait, is this the first official vag on a GW mini?

thats true, most games should be played with 10k anyway.

how can grey knights even compete?

The emperor didn't create the astartes. Malcador the sigilite did.

The emperor created the primarchs, and so far no one else had made a better primarch.

because you're not autistic, you're able to understand that your opinion isn't gospel?

Have you looked at the Kharadron Overlords from AoS?

I believe the abbadon model is like 15 years older then the tervigon