So, I know Warhammer isn't high art or anything, but I just reread the Lizard Army Codex and found a plot hole...

So, I know Warhammer isn't high art or anything, but I just reread the Lizard Army Codex and found a plot hole. The Slann Priests are servants of the Old Ones and were actually directly educated by them, and now serve as the leader of the Lizardmen armies. However, what isn't explained is why the Slann didn't bother updating their armies tech level by a few thousand years. Why don't the Lizard men have access to tanks, guns, and other modern equipment when their leadership should be completely versed in how to make higher technology?

The Great Plan is just that, a "great" plan. It's not a foretelling of the future, or a blueprint to the universe.

I'm talking about the fact that there basic scientific knowledge is vastly superior to what they're shown using, or at least should be.

you dont know what plot holes are

also only the first generation slann had direct contact with the old ones and they are all dead so youre wrong about that too

the entire point of lizardman motivation is that they dont know 100% what they are supposed to be doing according to the old ones because all their information sources are fragmented. so they each read over what they have and try to come up with ideas on what they should do

>you dont know what plot holes are

I do.

>also only the first generation slann had direct contact with the old ones and they are all dead so youre wrong about that too

No, several of the second generation were described as having learned magic directly from the Old Ones, but that doesn't matter. They should still have been informed of how basic mechanical machines work. It makes no sense for the descendants of a star faring race to be using stone age technology.

>the entire point of lizardman motivation is that they dont know 100% what they are supposed to be doing according to the old ones because all their information sources are fragmented. so they each read over what they have and try to come up with ideas on what they should do

That's an esoteric plan left over from their gods. I'm talking about their day to day living and daily grind. Which, would benefit greatly from even the simplest introduction of rudimentary scientific knowledge. Like, they understand advanced animal husbandry, farming, and masonry, but don't know how to smelt iron or make gun powder?

Go ahead and train a monkey to build a car, then come back and argue this point again.

Just because they were trained by a super advanced race doesn't mean they can do everything that race could do.

>No, several of the second generation were described as having learned magic directly from the Old Ones, but that doesn't matter. They should still have been informed of how basic mechanical machines work. It makes no sense for the descendants of a star faring race to be using stone age technology.

This entire argument assumes the Old Ones were some generic space faring race that used advanced technology. There's no evidence of that.
Besides
>learn how to build a crane
or

>just think about moving the rock with your mind and it happens.

>Go ahead and train a monkey to build a car, then come back and argue this point again.

False equivalency.

>Just because they were trained by a super advanced race doesn't mean they can do everything that race could do.

If they can build stone pyramids and can make tools. Then they can build guns and basic machines.

>This entire argument assumes the Old Ones were some generic space faring race that used advanced technology. There's no evidence of that.

Yeah, this is pretty much the only explanation I can think of. The Old ones didn't use technology, they thought shit into existence, or were possibly a "good" version of chaos daemons. Which, would explain why their servants are relatively simple, or its possible the Old Ones didn't give a shit and had a hands off approach about everything.

Nigger, Sumerians built stone pyramids and tools, and they didn't have nuclear devices. Were you dropped on your head when you were born?

>If they can build stone pyramids and can make tools. Then they can build guns and basic machines.
Ah, of course. That's why the Aztecs fought off the Spanish with guns and tanks.

Aliens built those pyramids, with their mind magic!

The Old Ones didn't have conventional tech like guns and tanks. They used psychic abilities based on the Winds of Magic. This is what the mage-priests inherited and they're masters of it

I'm refuting the point they were uneducable monkeys. They were clearly programmed with the ability to technology up to a point, and some of them were even given rayguns, like the hand of the gods. However, there's no good reason why they weren't given access to better tech. It's shitty writing.

Actually they clearly were an advanced race what with their pyramids turning into spaceships and skaven infiltrators freaking out because when they get to the bridge of one of the ships they hear Eldar over the vox.

Addendum: Also they used to have allied Amazons armed with laspistols and IoM level infantry tech.

>The Old ones didn't use technology

Not really. In armybooks lizardemns have lazers mounted on dinosaurs, for example.

Trained by the old ones doesnt nesessarily mean much. An engineer can train you to be a plumber, and you can be the best plumber on earth but you'll never design the sewage treatment plant the engineer can design

Any time GW tried and failed to blend Fantasy with 40k I cringe hard.

Which are powered by magic crystals, not technology

Yeah magic crystals are totally different
>My phone has a saphire glass screen
>Silicone crystals form solar pannels
>Diamond superlasers
>Obsidian blades are sharper than a surgeon's scalpels
>Crystal radio sets
>all Lenses ever

>the old ones didnt use technology

you people are so retarded its beyond saving.
None of you people have read any of the lizardmen army books or this thread would be completley pointless.

1. the old ones HAD sci fi technology
2. the lizardmen KNOW of said sci fi technology
but
3. they dont USE said sci fi technology because they consider it sacred.

so lets adress all the IDIOTIC points in this thread

>Pyramids werent built by either technology or conventional labour, they were built by kroxigors
>Only the first generation Slann got to know the old ones
>Each of the slann only got a PART of the great plan, never the whole thing
>Amazons use literal laser guns, these literal laser guns are discribed to come from the old ones
and now one of you faggots is gonna say "But its just a magic crystal"
No its not you mongoloid its a literal laserguns look up the old models
>Magic crystals and sheeiit
Most of the old ones artefacts are direct callbacks to 40k

From the Albion campaign
>A power fist
>a power sword
>n iron halo

fand of course rom the lizardmen armybook
>the Piranah blade, a literal chainsword
also
>the old ones arrived in silver ships
>slann codex had them also using laserguns
>the old ones are also present in 40k when they fought the necrons and created the eldar, the same eldar who got contacted by the skaven in the end times
>40k Orks got their technology programmed into their minds by the old ones

Seirously you faggots go on my nerves, did none of you even BOTHER to read the lexicanum page on lizardmen before posting in this spergtastic thread?

and yes the old amazon lore DIRECTLY points out that the reason the lizardmen do not use laserguns is because they consier em sacred or too dangerous to use while the amazons have no suchs qualms

The great plan intended the warhammer world to fight chaos without technology
The old ones have 40k for doing the same thing but with more tech

Much of the older technology either stopped functioning with the opening of the gates or became too unstable to be used, or the lizardmen were not instructed on whether to use it or how to use it
The slann do not possess the same knowledge as the old ones, they are more like big calculators, and if they did, tzeentch fucked up with their mind during the catastrophe anyway