What's objectively the best beast race?

What's objectively the best beast race?
For me it's the ursa-warrior. Furfaggots not welcome.

the owlbears obviously

You find a skavenslave hiding in your house wat do?

the Mexicans[/spoilers]

Bears is best.

I like Minotaurs. Rat-folk, Lizardmen, and big cat-folk (i.e. Leonin from MTG) are also neato.

This gender dimorphism is just silly.

Goat folk, man. The weird, dead eyes and horns make them truly alien.

>What's objectively the best beast race?

Minotaurs, specifically where it's an uncomfortable, disturbing, chimeric-like beast with the body of a (giant) man and the head of a bull where it's got a seam' around the collar where the fur just stops completely. Like, it should look as though it were the product of some poor asshole being cursed.
Then you just give them a few of the ol' obligatory Minotaur personality features such as: a craving for meat, an obsession for mazes & labyrinths, an almost 'supernatural' sense of direction, and poor impulse control overshadowing a disturbing and cunning intellect.

Class preferences I figure Fighter and Barbarian are of the obvious choices no need to further explain there, but: serial killer/slasher film-esque Rangers & Thieves who find preying on people and animals second nature- while displaying a terrifying amount of stealth for such a big creature, horrifying Warlocks who gained their power by BULLying and raping devils, just to pitch a few ideas.

proto-indo-european werewolves

The welsh?

Looks a bit like transformed and non transformed to me.
There's a rather good comic about were-bears called Ursa Minor. Has this whole history where the werebears have hunted down the more fucked up things.

They are clearly wearing different clothes.

I like Gnolls, fucking sue me.

Femdom a shit.

Not him but it's a picture of a norn woman in front of a transformed norn man.
Here's what the men normally look like.

It's a Norn from Guild Wars. They can turn into bear people at will.

Obviously it’s the snuggily naked mole rat people.
>live in colonies
>behave as ant, brees, and termites
>extremely social
>snuggle for warmth

>incestuous as fuck

Yea and so are ants, bees, and termites.

What’s your point?

I dunno, perhaps skaven because they make good bad guys.

Dinosaur men are the true, ultimate patrician's choice

I gravitate either towards almost fully bestial (so it doesn't look like a human with a dog head) and weird for
spooky forest spirit types or towards full-on catgirls/guys for civilized types.

They're mammals, that's my point.
I know they've kinda adapted to this, but maybe.. just maybe that's the cause of their weakness and greater amounts of MOTHERFUCKING BIRTH DEFECTS

>catgirls
Your kind are literally worse than furfags

Lizardmen, then misshapen amalgamation beastmen, then Minotaurs, then Goatmen, then I don't care, all others a shit.

>an obsession for mazes & labyrinths, an almost 'supernatural' sense of direction

I hate this. The whole point of the labyrinth in the original myth was the Minotaur wasn't smart enough to escape.

Cat-girls have been a staple of science fiction since before anime existed, user. So, please kill yourself for your ignorance and intolerance. Thank you.

The labyrinth literally has ONE PATH.

Hey, that's not fair. I'd say we're equally as terrible.
Pathfinder had it coming.

He still wasn't smart enough to escape.

>Cat-girls have been a staple of science fiction since before anime existed, user.
Perhaps that’s why 99% of sci-fi is crap.

Not kemonoshit animu waifus, which is what generally pops to mind when someone says "catgirl"

Goatmen. Basically Warhammer Beastmen which are awesome. Also Satan.

Sophisticated Wolfmen

Birds!

A lot of animals look cool bipedal but tigers and such always look stupid. I don't know why

Nobody cares what pops to your plebeian mind.

It's is/was a clever play on the original myth.

Make the men look like goats, but the women cute sheep.

HUMANS are the best beast race. They're mammals. Prove me wrong.

They’ve kinda evolved to deal with that.

Plus dogs eat feces, doesn’t mean dog-men have to eat feces

Other cool things about them
>can survive for 5 hours in a 5% oxygen environment
>they literally feel no pain, they have all that turned off to deal with the huge CO2 environments
>huge resistance to cancer, making it nearly impossible to get cancer
>actually cold-blooded

Frog people yo

How do you guys explain beastfolk in your setting?

I'm fond of Gnolls. Throw in a bit of African mythology involving Boudas, and you've got a pretty decent race. I like my beast-people to be more bestial than civilized, and nomadic tribes of Hyena-people raiding their neighbours, eating the dead, enslaving the survivors, and getting some glorious loot is spot-on for my tastes.

Same way I explain ape people

>How do you guys explain beastfolk in your setting?

Mostly Druidic curses: Humans, Dwarves, and Elves in caveman times used to LOVE punishing the worst of their tribes by skinning the head of an animal, placing it over the head of the accused like a cowl, before the Druid would improperly cast 'wild shape' on them and turn the victim into an improper, weird, dysfunctional mutant. It became so popular to do this that creatures like Minotaurs and Werewolves were able to establish viable breeding populations and now even though the practice is largely forbidden the punished still live on in their children whom run amok.

On that note, though, Typhus (Monster God, takes the form of a Red Furred Chimera beastman: goat head, lion head, dragon wings, cobra for a tail) at one point in history styled himself as a 'Lord and Father' of the beast men and began breeding them, domesticating them, teaching them how to forge, farm, and build empires. Typhus is largely credited with turning the Orcs into unsympathetic industrialists and TRYING to make something out of the Minotaurs, but ultimately influencing them to be the LE, uninspired, slavers they are today.

And then shit like Kenku and the three million different species of Fish, Lizard, and Dinosaur beast men are all naturally occurring.

BADGER DUDES. Because Redwall is best furry sophonts.

I always preferred the hares, 'though the badgers were entirely badass.

Spiderbro

Isn't that the agency boss from bojack horseman?

I really like Ratfolk. Smart guys who aren't afraid to get dirty and will show insane ferocity if backed into a corner.

If we're going more on the /a/ side, throw me some dragon-girls.

Might be the way they constantly wrecked my shit in God of War 3 but I hold a dear place in my heart for satyrs.
Only if they're done in a very monstrous, badass manner though.

Groups, usually tribes, that follow practices too savage and cruel will slowly devolve into the beasts they most resemble.
The tendency of primitive tribes to fall to cruel ways leads to a lot of roving monster bands, but it's always a scandal when a supposedly civilized noble house starts to turn to beasts.

Niggers?

burrs n wuff bff

Offer it a wheel of cheese to do housework and slap its hand when it steels shinies.

hippo men

rape you until you die from it.

but frogs are so chill.

>t. brainlet dabbler

Why did Theseus need a thread to trace his steps, according to Greek myth, if all he had to do was walk backwards? The unicursal labyrinth is merely a popular artistic representation, nothing more.

Meant for .

It's based on that artistic representation, but later cultures considered walking through that sort of labyrinths as a way of un-haunting yourself.

I always love rat folk but I'm biased since I love real rats.

Why so mad user?

One of the scenarios in Warhammer RPG 2nd edition features a group of runaway slavenslaves hiding near a village who have been surviving by stealing sheep. They haven't killed anyone but the scenario assumes that the players will just slaughter them after they're found. Trying to help him would be an interesting twist but I would need to find a way to ensure he doesn't stab-stab me as soon as my back is turned. Otherwise and assuming he isn't immediately hostile I'd probably give him some food and let him go.

Actually a huge sucker for the Tauren from Warcraft. Not necessarily because I like Minotaurs, but because I have a massive hardon for Native American aesthetics. If there's a term for the Injun version of weaboos, then I'm whatever it is.

I do overall prefer beast races, particularly big ones like bears, bulls, and crocodiles. Birds are meh. I'd probably like Fox or Wolf people if furfags didn't ruin that. I hate cats IRL so those are out.

But make a beast ace and make it a Not!NativeAmerican then I will fucking play it.

Results of the ancient and extinct Troll race to save at least their souls. It worked, kinda.

Humans are beastfolk too.

>Not!native american catfolk

user's ironic hell.

Creations of a greater power. Gnolls from Yeenoghu. Beastmen of civilized beasts from Baphomet. Other zoological combinations by Demogorgon. Reptilians were the first "beastmen" as creations of Tiamat and ruled before the world was remade.

Been done, and yes it bugged the crap out of me.

Though from what I understand most actual Native Americans find portrayals like this rather offensive.

I use an actual beast race, where they resemble either wolf, bear, cat, rat, or boar, depending on their breed.

fuck you, bear!! jk, ursa's tickle muh urethra

>not wolf, bear, cat, rat and boar at once

weak desu.

Dinosaur people are best

I'd fuck a bear. And you.

Has anyone ever done a chimera beast people?

>this was the original concept for Jurassic World
>dinosaur-human hybrid mercenaries

Oh thank fucking god someone with some sense came onboard that project.

Ape-folk are the true inheritors of the world

me too, and we can get the bear in on it if you'd like

I just change shit over and over and over and over again until they look like weird dudes instead of beastfolk.

already mentioned spiderbros, so I'm going to say octopeople.