Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1892: Splat Splat Splat Goes The Humies Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

How often do you learn things you didn't want to know?

How often do your companions?

What is your Demonbane made of?

My Demonabane is made from Thanksgiving Turkey

Death and Taxes

Mostly flesh grafts from this weird crocodile/human/space whale hybrid I bred.

Your Mom. Its the heaviest Demonbane.

unwashed fursuits

How would the Wyld Hunt in Exalted far against 5 lunars, 5 solars, and 4,900 indestructible golden automata set up in a fortified first age city with essence artillery?

I'm wondering if I can take them.

Fire

You can't catch the mecha if it's on fire

That sounds overpowered, especially Taxes

Why crocodile?

Big thighs do save lives

Shit's legit

Demonbane is supposed to be overpowered user.

Truuu

Depends on how long these Solars and Lunars have been Exalted. There is a sliding scale of power, after all. If you're young, they'll just take advantage of having you all in one place to drop some Immaculate Masters on you, if you've gotten enough experience and power they might not even risk that and just stay away from you while they try to drum up support to wage all-out war.

>Why crocodile?
It's just how it turned out. There's not much crocodile in there, it doesn't look reptilian. I just needed some of their proteins.

>How often do you learn things you didn't want to know.
Started as a psychic, then became an empath dog. Getting one of those power-limiter bracelets did wonders for getting some relief from not knowing things.

>How often do your companions?
We're in a non-hierarchical shared mind state. Anything one knows, everyone knows.

I see you are an adept of Three Yang World Destroying God Suppressing Turkeybane fist.

However! You are still no match for my Heaven Defying Samsara Controlling Nine Yin Potatobane style

>Started as a psychic
If you mean you bought the psychic perk in Pokemon, that shouldn't be relevant, as you explicitly can't read minds.

The Lunars aren't freshly exalted but not terribly experienced either. Basically new PCs. The Solars are the lunars' bondmates and vary in experience from similar to the lunars to a fair bit more experienced.

>Potatobane style
Gotta watch out for this Spudster

>4,900 indestructible golden automata
Do the dragonblooded deserve that much bullying?

Being an Empath has got to be one of the most addictive things ever. Most of the time you will hate it but during those few moments where everyone is enjoying themselves and are having fun and you are just nearby or involved bathing in the satisfaction of everybody it has got to be one of the best and intimate things you could do, doubly so if you share a body or are experiencing the same positive feelings individually.

>Getting a full 8 companions in Lunars costs 600 CP.
Well fuck.

Still not as bad as Infernals though. 1100 for 8 is such bullshit. Goddamn. It was this shit that made me decide to just get that one capstone from Solars and just MAKE my companions some infernal exaltations.

My problem with the Lunars jump is not the cp cost of companions but the fact there is a drawback cap and so few drawbacks. In Exalted - Solars I can take all the drawbacks (Exaggeration not literally all just a large amount) and feel comfortable. But why would I ever want to kill Luna especially with the 0 point drawback, and that sort of thing where it is only worth 300cp along with the low number of possible drawbacks makes it hurt much more.

Isn't that like 1/5 of all Infernals though?

To be fair, not only are you getting 8 of the most powerful beings in Creation and potential successors to the Yozis themselves, but waifuing away 1/5 of the Reclaimation.

An FGO question here.

Is the 3000 cp added to one's Servant Build or rebuilt with 3000 rather than 1000?

Also when it refers to second skill and NP, does this mean new free C-Ranks?

rebuilt

No, just discount

IIRC all servant builds are their own seperate entity. Meaning if you take a base servant build you have that then if you are a demiservant that is seperate but you have the capabilities of both and lastly if you are a grand that is also seperate but at Grand tier but you get the capabilities of all 3

Ah 'kay thanks!

>waifuing away 1/5 of the Reclaimation.
You say that like the average jumper isn't fully capable of waifuing away all of reclamation.

>Ebs

Nope

Jumper shall alter the very nature of that hole in reality to turn the most horrific thing to ever exist into a loving waifu. Don't even pretend a jumper would not or could not do it.

Feedback loops are a very real danger with the shared mind. This leads to pretty strict collectivist controls and responses and a lot of warning about doing anything with a higher emotional or physical response threshold so everyone can brace themselves.

There's also no privacy. Ever.

While obviously you want an off button. But like, unless you are hit with a spell you should feel the pressure rising. And like with certain perks you can set a condition or time limit for when your abilities like shut off so having that allows you to embark on amazing adventures into the human psyche and emotion and yeah obviously very little privacy but at the same time there is something theraputic of sharing everything with someone and just be ok with you in your entirety. To just say that's alright I care for you regardless of the blemishes, the insecurities and the trials.

Like I said there is obviously a lot of downside but the benefits are to scale.

Can Heretic Defence be prevented from activating?

It is still the holy 8 companions.

So, I plan on doing Bloodborne as a first jump because I want to through the Nightmare Mode scenarios without having to deal with Great Ones granted extra power.
If I take No Guard, would Blood Saint + Vile Blood + Bloodied Combat + Hunter's Skill + Steel Yourself + Little Things be enough to survive?

Sure

By you, I mean. I'm thinking... full power attack from a Titan would not be good for most non-Titan's health, especially not for squishy baseline humans.

Alright. Thanks, Val. Having a lot of trouble alloting my CP.

> Most of the time you will hate it
It really depends on how well you can differentiate between yourself and others, as well as if you have the ability to shut it off at any point.

I ALSO became an empath dog, quite early in my chain in fact, and have a tendency to stack empathy perks as well (which are actually fairly rare). But I have NEVER been a collectivist mind, as I strictly value my own emotional privacy.
Or else it's possible I fear social backlash (or even worse, ACCEPTANCE) of people knowing my deepest thoughts and feelings.
And it's kindof great! Because you quickly get a handle on what you can do to make people happier and smooth out their moods, know if something's bothering them, know when's a good time to hang out, that kind of thing. You can be a little ray of sunshine, if you want to be.
But, if you can't fix something, if someone's just generally depressed, or if you're actually the cause of misery, it can get pretty oppressive.

... and, yeah, you learn some things you'd have been better off knowing. People think they're being really sneaky, but an empath always knows what you're up to.
Even if they didn't really want to.

Yes.

Episode G is already jumpable right?

Mmmhm

>Mmmhm
How is that measured in NuBees?

How is what measured in NuBees?

I think he means (noncommital grunt noises) to NuBees as an exchange rate. Like 1 Mmm=0.5 microNus or.

I don't know, I'm just overanalysing some user's funpost.

Are you making an monogatari jump?

1 NuBee usually equals quite a lot of grunting noises but I dunno about non committal ones.

Mmmmhm.

What happened to the jumpmaker of the difficult name anyway?

>NuBee usually equals quite a lot of grunting noises
nice.

Damn how do I make italics work on Veeky Forums?

What jumps allow you to replace the protagonist? I know that Worm and Smartphone do.

Fallout 4 and I believe Fire Emblems Avatar?
It was definitely one of the earlier Fire Emblem Jumps.

I think there's a perk for that somewhere?

Are there any power sharing perks that would let us give out exaltations to whoever we want?

Skill Book Crafting from Generic Isekai or Sacrificial Bestowment from Shin Megami Tensei

There's a drawback for it in the Universal Drawbacks Supplement, if you use such things.

You could use the Universal Drawbacks Supplement if that fancies you
Do we? I think we have perks to self-insert you as part of someone's family, but I don't think that we can replace a person (unless you are killing them)

Can Ajimu from Medaka Box do anything against a Yog outer god?

Of the difficult name? Assuming you're talking about me, a combination of being busy with uni and a lack of motivation/inspiration to write. The revulsion I've developed for 2e doesn't help either... I should get back to it and at least finish the updates though.

Depends on how you value her 4th-wall breaking abilities. Max wanking usually puts her in the universal range due to some of the names of her skills, so if you assume that she can't interact without your 'narrative', she would be just an ant to you then.

You could include some 3e stuff if that would make it more enjoyable for you, jumpers will just fanwank their preferred canon anyway.

I feel the need to ask this since it just came into my head, but... what is your favorite kenomimi? Cat, Fox, Rabbit, Wolf, etc?

Mardukth? What about it has made you hate 2e?

Any chance of companions being made less expensive so we can get a full 8 without killing the rest of our builds?

You an SBer?

Thanks!

Please stop.

This is serious business, user. And several SBers have been revealed among us, so it's working exactly as intended.

For Giant's Will, can you choose something like "stars", "the sun", or "space", or is it more limited to the lesser elements?

Kamen Rider... Kabuto, has one?

What are some jumps that can provide a challenge to a late-chain Jumper?

None unless the character specifically goes looking for trouble.

Any if you downplay yourself. Otherwise, probably only Umineko, Marvel, DC or Dies Irae. Maybe Lovecraft if you want to go full Nodens and go hunting beyond the veil.

Maybe. Neither of them have much in the way of 3e stuff yet, especially not Infernals which is the big one for updating... I suppose I could go for it with the artifacts though. Put things like Sozen or Irenio's Bell up for purchase.

Mhm. It's a combination of things. Mostly I think it's that I've gotten really used to 3e, which actually manages to get me hyped. The confirmation that inner worlds will still be a thing for 3e Infernals excised my last doubts. Also, the thread arguments really helped me see all the bad of 2e.

Lunar companion prices won't change, I'm afraid. But Infernals are getting a cost slash, bringing them to 700 for 8. I still feel that they should be expensive, just because of how significant getting an Exaltation is, but I went juuust a bit overboard with Infernals.

Yer a weirdo. But nah.

So. . . 3e exalted jumps after the updates?

No, that's when he leaves and moves on to greener pastures.

How did the exalted beat the primordials in 3e when perfects aren't a thing?

Mmm, not that involved with them so most of the time it just depends on the artist more than the animal. I think the ones I enjoy most are a tie between cats and foxes.

Stick to nature stuff that happens on Earth.

This made me realise just how dangerous Umineko is, because it's full of beings that are basically bargain bin Yogs but which also boast arbitrary years of experience at all the cunning and meta fuckery Ajimu was hyped to have.

>What are some jumps that can provide a challenge to a late-chain Jumper?

Go to a superhero setting, sandbag a lot and go at the Cosmics

Looking forward to beat them and seal them into Shining Trapezohedron myself

>The confirmation that inner worlds will still be a thing for 3e Infernals excised my last doubts.
>M
>F
>W

It's...it's all I ever wanted...

Yeah but you'll be dead by the time they come out with the book,

We shouldn't be paying most of our budget just to have a party, these are table top RPG games. We NEED a party. Close to half our budget for a circle and more than half for a standard jumper party is just too much.

Especially when a party of fellow exalts come standard for players.

But have they confirmed devil tigers?

I get the impression the devs are leaning towards the whole zerg rush respawn thing more than the GLORIOUS DAWN COCKSLAPS SWLIHN WITH BADLY WRITTEN LETTERS! because of how weaksauce Charms currently are, but to be fair because weapon Evocations are basically multi-functional Noble Phantasms they probably had MUCH more raw firepower than 2e's Exalts in melee combat. Also 2 Perfects technically are still a thing; Heavenly Guardian is nerfed but Adamant Skin and Seven Shadows Evasion just take longer to activate.

Also if the Primordials and other beings in the nebulous E6+ range didn't have perfects either, they couldn't just perfect away so many attacks.

They are also not in full control of the narrative, though.
Using some of the perks of Medaka Box would put you in a pretty good place against them even if you weren't a Voyager. I mean, Battler punched Bern after being erased by her and defeated Featherine's hero-cats because he was the protagonist of the story, with the Witch of Stories being unable to interact with his story. Having that boosted Not-Equal capstone would make you a scary foe in that setting.

>implying I'm not Walt Disney's preserved head posting from a basement in Florida

They confirmed AGAINST devil tigers a while ago.

>Having that boosted Not-Equal capstone
>Jumper activates meta power
>Smug Featherine looks up from the book she was writing and waves

I can't help but feel that sounds like trying to escape a rogue yappy dog, by rolling around in raw meat and jumping into the Sarlacc pit.

Do NOT bully Best Death!

The thing is that you're not going to where Featherine is, you're going to the actual real world author of the Umineko story.

>just because of how significant getting an Exaltation is
Why? In an Infernals game all the players get an Infernal Exaltation. The jump is balanced around Infernals. The game is meant to be played with a group of infernals. Having a circle (coven?) isn't some special thing that should cost a lot of cp.

>Especially when a party of fellow exalts come standard for players

Don't remind me nobody plays Exalted anymore...

I was going to speculate on whether those beings might be able to prevent you from reaching all the way to the real world author, but I now have a much more important question: What the fuck is a hero-cat and how many does Featherine own? Isn't Bern a cat too? Is it cats all the way down?!

>Don't remind me nobody plays Exalted anymore...
People don't play anymore? Didn't they just release a new edition with further books on the way?

I don't think these guys can interfere with how perks from other jumps work.

Well, I do but that ventures into the area of jumpchain fanwank so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Nah, she was just an observer in Umineko, not the actual writer.

>What the fuck is a hero-cat and how many does Featherine own? Isn't Bern a cat too?
Apparently some chimera of past-protagonists that she owns as familiars
>Isn't Bern a cat too?
Yes
> Is it cats all the way down?!
Probably

There isn't enough of a world to play in without going through fan material. Especially if you want other Exalts that aren't Solars to have a presence in your games.

Same guy but wrong post? I was thinking of her writing something and it automatically happens power. The one that instantgibbed Lambdadelta, and I think most of the other characters too at different point.

Oh, yeah, wrong quotation. She has power over the story, but she is not the definitive author of the setting (she even says that the control over Ange and Battler's story was only theirs).
Remember that she is not omnipotent, she is just at the last boundary before omnipotence.