EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Previously: >Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread question
Where does your group play and what do you think makes it better or worse than any alternatives?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-ruined-earth-makes-titania-happy/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-11-17-from-the-deep/
youtube.com/watch?v=mLwGfoybuPw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>No Edition
>Shit question
>shit commander
2/10, try harder next time.

We play in a bar. One evening of the week is magic day there. It's pretty good because there are no underage people and no weird game store rules.

>being this butt hurt

bump with best commander

They managed to write EDH/Commander in the subject field, so this thread is already above average quality.

i still think sappling is better for tree folk and you dont miss anything worth much when not running white with fast tree man

If you CHOOSE to make the OP, you should CHOOSE to do it well. The CHOICE is yours, and you CHOSE to be a faggot.

This is true, hence the 2 points, but after making OPs of expected quality for over a year straight I expect nothing less then copy-pasted perfection. You have to change, what, like three things?

So I got my Worldly tutor, Noxious revival, and some other goodies not pictured recently and I'm looking for some targets to "cheat" into play with Zoologist, Gamekeeper, Thicket Ele, etc.

All I can think of is Eldrazi really but I'd love some hilarious/janky targets. I just play commander for the goofs and gaffs so I'm not looking for the best of the best (Which is why I don't want to use Eldrazi)

Can you imagine being this much of a faggot?
I bet he plays Dust Drinker.

I think you're thinking about it wrong. When I saw noxious revivial you know the first thing I thought? Build a golgari discard deck, and use it to utterly fuck someone with a card you know they don't want. It's the same reason I run prying questions, you slap down a card you know they don't want to draw on top of their deck, fuck their curve, and come back with two scoops of raisins in their raisin bran.

But, seems like you're building the wrong deck. Go Maelstrom Wanderer, manipulate your top deck, cascade into game winning combos.

Best commander coming through
>thread q
At a card shop
I like it better because as much as I like my playgroup I don't really want to have them over to my place.
On the other hand, once a week I'll have my brother and best friend over and that's always fun

ok laugh if you want at this because I don't really play commander much, but I wanna start.
I don't really want a supercharged ubercompetitive deck as much as I want something functional with a fun theme I can go to my game store and play with people and make friends
I'm posting asking if there's anything glaring I'm missing out on or if this is too jank even for commander or if it just won't work in edh etc etc
just does it look solid enough to spend money on

dies to mannichi

I'm trying to get help making Titania. I REALLY don't like/play Green, so I figure I make a deck to get over this dislike. I settled on her because she's really different from the usual. I want to make the deck STAX oriented, with token swarm as a finisher but I don't know the best way to go about this. Plz help.

Decklist: tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-ruined-earth-makes-titania-happy/

dies to doomblade

>this user is actually way closer than he thinks he is
I play Yosei stax, and I run Hokiri in my Mirri deck.

But my claim to fame? I used to run a Jeleva discard deck, and since Kess came out, it's become degenerate on a level I couldn't have imagined. One part mill, one part discard, one part reanimator, long story short, no one has any cards and I've built my deck to work around it.

Plz, post on tappedout. I really don't wanna spend the next 15 minutes looking up cards just so I critique a deck.

I CHOOSE to make it the same way every time because i LOVE watching you sperg out like the AUTIST you are and there is NOTHING you can do about it

get bent fag lord

If you said nothing, that user looks like a huge autistic douche.

Since you said something, not only does he look correct, but now you look like an even bigger faggot. Well done, you've out done yourself.

The only Golgari commander that's discard themed is Nath, right?

Depends on how you look at it. Nath is the only one with built in discard mechanics, Meren is fucking perfect for breaking the symmetry of mutual discard.

>oh no mom im getting cyber bullied

who cares what some asshole on Veeky Forums says, im going to make the thread the same way i always do every single time, if you dont like it make it yourself once the thread reaches the bump limit

Post cards that get you killed first in a multiplayer game.

If you didn't care you wouldn't have said anything.

Is this real life?

You seem to be rather bottom befuddled, perhaps you should stop acting like a faggot if you don't want people to call you a faggot.

call me a faggot all you want, it means less to me than the itch on my leg. im going to make the next thread i make the same regardless of what you or anyone else in this thread says

Spent 12 euro on this shit, after many months I still haven't drawn a single card with it.

>Black
>Playing some evasion
>Not playing best girl
Pitiful

>being this upset about the thread OP.

Jesus Christ you guys really need to get laid or something.

Dies to Negate

>call me a faggot all you want, it means less to me than the itch on my leg. im going to make the next thread i make the same regardless of what you or anyone else in this thread says
Seems to me that said itch is rather significant. You should get that shit checked out user.

dies to pact of negation

Dies to Nix

Can Mannichi work?

I mean, it's probably fine in the 99 for combat fuckery, but I think it's a sub-par commander. Personally, I'd use it it switch tree of perdition's power and toughness after tapping it to oneshot a player.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-11-17-from-the-deep/

I made an account and learned how to use it just for you user hopefully the link works

Dies to mental misstep.

Tree of perdition would just die and its ability would fizzle.

Ah-ha! An user who doesn't understand the stack.

>you tap the tree
>activate mannichi in response
>mannichi resolves first, swaping the tree's power and toughness
>the tree's ability is already on the stack before state-based actions occur
>the tree turns out to be fine, target opponent now has zero life
>even better, at the end of turn, the tree now has power equal to target opponent's life total

This had better be trolling. If it is, good job, you got me.

>boros have so many cool looking commanders
>they are all shit

You forgot a step:
>mannichi resolves first, swaping the tree's power and toughness
>tree dies
>the tree's ability is already on the stack before state-based actions occur

And thus the ability resolves but exchanges don't happen if one side is missing. Same for Switcheroo and the other tree.

>should I look up how the interaction actually works?
>nah, I'll just assume I'm right and call the other guy stupid

Ya I actually had to look it up. The key is "exchange". You can't exchange with a zero value because there's nothing to exchange.

>Where does your group play and what do you think makes it better or worse than any alternatives?
Not a native English speaker, are ya?

So that faggotry aside, let's get to the other faggotry
Any good ideas for altering kynaios and tiro of meletis?
A store owner suggested I get it altered in a hopes I stop referring to the deck as 4c sodomy

To be fair, I think that the exchange clause makes sense in the Switcheroo case (can't exchange creatures if they're not on the battlefield) but in the tree's case you should be able to use "last known information" (similar to P/T values for a creature you Fling) to calculate exchanged values.

But then it'd be too easy to kill people so this was probably the better solution.

But, the flip side, based on the article I just read, you can turn to frog the tree while it's on the stack, set it's toughness to 1 even though it doesn't have any other abilities since the ability is on the stack already, and skullcrack someone for the game.

I wish I could put the tree in my commandzone, fuck.

>Where does your group play and what do you think makes it better or worse than any alternatives?
Across a couple different LGS's in town. More and more we're playing at each others houses though. What used to be our favorite LGS has become pretty liberal with the banhammer recently - our token stoner guy guy booted a few months ago because the one girl at the shop accused him of threatening her life (which for anyone who know's him is ridiculous) and just the other week another chill guy got banned for calling a tranny at the store an asshole (the reason for it being that he tried to give said tranny a high-five to congratulate her on her new job and she called him gross and wouldn't do it).
I'm starting to believe that "LGS Virgin vs Kitchen Table Chad" meme might have some merit.

Been playing a werewolf deck since Halloween and it's been really fun and more efficient than I expected though I'm only running 20 werewolves
And my non werewolf cards are mostly removal and card draw
The edh rec list is pathetic don't know what to do for finishers and protection against wipes
Anyone got lists and suggestions that aren't just throwing more bad werewolves in

throw more bad werewolves in you fucking pleb what kind of tribal player are you

Heroic Intervention, Craterhoof, Triumph of the Horde.

If you're playing werewolves, you're playing RG.

>vexing shusher
>heroic intervention
>asceticism

Now, for finishers? I mean, I can list the normal beaters that gruul can use, or xenagos, but try triumph of the hordes, seize the day, aggrevated assault, or even MLD + heroic intervention.

I've been watching Commander Vs and notice every episode is the same shit
>only one guy knows how to play and gets shat on because of it
>one guy just plays combos and gets asshurt when he gets targeted
>other guy plays random cards or just tries to mill
>other guy is timmy as fuck and misplays out the ass
Are there any GOOD commander videos on youtube?

Alright first is Jeremy and third is Steven but I'm not really sure who you mean with the other 2. Justin doesn't get nearly as asshurt as he used to and Suarez misplays as much as the rest of them

Lab Maniacs and TT3 are Spikes, but they know how to deck build and play. Lately they've been fumbling, few games and very long matches, but they're better than all the gimmicky shit.

NO you fucking IDIOT. That is NOT why it doesn't work. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT. STOP NOOBSPLAINING THINGS TO PEOPLE WHO DO UNDERSTAND IT.

>first is Jeremy
Jeremy isn't that good

That's not Ghave

the qualification was "knows how to play", I'd assume he meant Suarez or Jeremy. And since Jeremy happens to get btfo'd really early a lot that fits the second qualification of getting shit on.

Post an image or webm to describe your deck.
Starting with an easy one.

Older Vs videos with McDarby or Lab Maniacs if you enjoy high powered EDH. I also like Commander Clash because they're always doing fun stuff and low-powered decks.

You seriously aren't running some form of protection for something that scary? Come on dude, lightning greaves aren't that expensive and everyone can't be running counterspells/bluefags

My main man!

Any secret tech you're rocking?

Currently, I fucking LOVE crystaline crawler. That shit is super underrated.

I assumed 4 was Jeremy because alot of his decks are big dumb creatures which he plays against everyone's more cutthroat decks. 2 sounds like Suarez which I can kinda see with how he always ends up with what he exactly needs and he ignored rules in past videos. Which leaves Justin as being 1 but I don't know if Justin is THAT good

>Thread question
We play at each other's houses/apartments. It's nice, since we either go out afterwards to bars or just hang out and get pizza/wings and drink beer.

Don't know if they're good or not but I like to watch MTG Muddstah and Jolt mainly because they're 10~20 minutes video instead of the 1 hour+ that you find when you want to watch some EDH

There's a guy who posted his Mannichi deck here and it looked fucking baller. I'll try and comb the archives to find it

I... I want to win though

Winning is for losers.

Who's a fun commander for a Big Black Deck? I run Volrath and it's super one-trick, I kind of want to move to like Chainer or something, especially since I'm in a creature-heavy group.

If he's not getting ANY cards he's facing instant removal, before his first opponent hits UUD. This means Greaves won't help

Guessing Ayli or Atalya.

Also re-posting mine from the dead end of last thread.

He's not wrong though

Hidetsugu?

Oloro
Yidris

Your pic is faggy and dumb

>Ayli
Close.

Probably a stupid question but I just want to make sure I understand this interaction.

In an Inalla deck, when I cast Disciple of Bolas and place its ETB trigger on the stack first followed by Inalla's and use the copy's ETB to sac the original, the originals trigger can still sac the copy when it resolves because the effect is still on the stack right?

That's more like it

No, but he looks hellua fun and I suppose would fit the image!

Karlov, then.

Bw partners

Anyone?

Can't post webms with sound because Veeky Forums is gay so here

youtube.com/watch?v=mLwGfoybuPw

Oloro.

Now guess mine.

At least he didn't add a random discord server

yes

>Sell a shit ton of NES/SNES games including things like Little Sampson
>Buy cards I've always wanted like Gaea's Cradle
>I now have access to two Cradles in any deck I want thanks to Growing Rites

Now I don't feel too bad about getting rid of my old games.

No... I think folks are overlooking the obvious answer but maybe I communicated poorly

Cool, thanks.

What about Karn and Ugin?

np

MonoWhite Goodstuff.

Uril the Miststalker

Some kind of U/G depravacy.

Razaketh, Sheoldred are some of the stronger ones