Only four races? Eh. If it's mechanically good I'll play it...

Only four races? Eh. If it's mechanically good I'll play it, if it's adequate I'll wait and see if they're going to release expansions with races I actually care about.

how can you have a 4x game in a setting with no science advancement?
doesnt make sense

You can achieve a similar effect with focus on local capabilities, since it does specify it's a planet based game. Doesn't matter what tech level the universe is at if you can't currently support it.

Theoretically speaking upgrades would probably be classed as an escalation of force. Sort of like how dawn of war did it.

Necrons as a base game race?

That's really unusual.

>No scientific advancement

You rang?

So it's basically going to be a Civilisation 40k mod, turned into a full game?

doesnt look like civilization
looks like endless legend

Chaos, Eldar, Humans, and Necrons-Recovering the ancient and powerful relics of their ancestors
Chaos and Orks-slapping shit together to see what works
Tau-Actual research
Nids-???

For the nids, it's evolving and adapting to the needs of the conflict. All the genetic patterns for their units might be there, but it takes a while for the hive to determine which forces they'll need, and adapting the gestation pits to produce a new or atypical creature is likely at least some investment of time and energy.

Fuck yeah
That's sold me on this

definately a good thing, considering how fucking shitty firaxis is the last couple of years. endless legend pretty much humiliated Civ:BE and civ:VI. firaxis got lazy, and left open an area for an up and comer to roflstomp them

IM SO FUCKING HYPED, I CANT TELL IF ITS THE THOUGHT OF ENACTING PLANETARY HOLY WAR FOR THE EMPEROR OR THE 3 SCOOPS OF PREWORKOUT BUT IM FUCKING HYPED!

looks good so far
Belongs on the watch list, but I'm not reaching for my wallet yet

>Waaaaa why isn’t this developer releasing a game with 15 esoteric races!?

Every 40k vidya ever.

Orks, Space Marines, Imperial Guard, and Necrons as the base factions? That's such a weird decision.

I smell some DLC's coming on ... each one as pricey as the base game ...

If its civ5 with 40k them or more Ill never stop playing it

Otherwise Ill buy it play it once and come back to it in 2 years to log another 200 hours and never play it again

BE was lazy and i'm pretty sure they could have made it better if they gave a damn
Civ VI is a straight downgrade from civ V

>Slitherine
This shit is what has me worried.

>slitherine

What's wrong with Slitherine?

>What's wrong with Slitherine?

Yes, that's what I'm asking.
I have no experience with this company.
What sort of reputation do they have here?

>Yes, that's what I'm asking.
>I have no experience with this company.
>What sort of reputation do they have here?

They must be pretty highly regarded.
I'll go ahead and preorder.

>They must be pretty highly regarded.
>I'll go ahead and preorder.
You can look something up yourself, mongo.

Not the guy you're talking to, but I bet you've never even heard of them before, you're just being a goof.

Sure, you aren't that guy. You just want me to explain my opinion.
Like holy shit google fucking Slitherine tardo

>You just want me to explain my opinion.
Less work than five replies.

I'm teaching you a valuable lesson on how to google, peabrain

Nothing is inherently wrong with Slitherine as a publisher besides their retarded pricing structure.

I'd be more worried about the developers for whom this game is clearly a reskin of another 4X they made that has very mixed reviews.

I don't mind a game that works even if it has flaws, but Siltherine will want to charge 40USD for something that in all likelyhood will only be worth a quarter or half that price.

Then comes the DLC also with retarded prices.

Can you imagine being so autistic you save multiple wojack images? I can't. I didn't even think it was possible.

>justgoogleit
Ok, now what?

No space marines? What were they thinking? The game won't sell.

Are you high?

> in a discussion thread
> refuses to discuss

What's wrong with explaining your opinion? People clearly don't know why you have a distaste for your company, and your repeated, aggressive refusal to explain your opinion implies that you don't actually have a good reason to dislike this company.
This person on the other hand, is actually being helpful instead of just spamming self portraits

After every frogposter is lined up against a wall and shot, we're coming after the wojakposters next.

WHERE ARE THE LEGIONS OF DARKNESS?

THE GODS OF HELL DEMAND THE SLAUGHTER OF THESE ULTRAMARINES

Mediocre to decent games but extremely overpriced.
Ignore that other poster, he's probably just a parrot.

DLC

>Chaos
more like "Gayos", amirite?

>manlet marines

Already dropped

As much as I love the Endless series and Amplitudes willingness to try new ideas with their series, we're now 3 games in and they can't do combat in any way that's good. The closest they got was Legend but even then it's pretty hands-off and ES 2 went back to cards and basically being a cutscene. All 40k:Gladius will need to do to be at least half as good (and with a better than passable combat system) then already it's got my money.

This is the problem with board culture, where morons would rather chain post to belittle someone asking a valid question than take a single moment to answer it. Posting wojacks doesn't make you smart.

That's a crossboarder, not someone from Veeky Forums.
wojack are rarely posted outside of /v/ and /pol/ and are even banned on /a/.

>wojack are rarely posted outside of /v/ and /pol/
allow me to correct you on this, i see it posted everywhere on Veeky Forums , /int/, Veeky Forums and /bant/. its a result of runoff posters from /pol/ (and /pol/ satellite boards) and /v/ infecting other boards.

I rarely browse those boards so I didn't know.

hey, knowing is half the battle.

D A Y 1 D L C
A
Y

D
L
C

I would legit love a 4X game where you play as an empire that is straight-up doomed. You cannot secure your territory, your provinces are constantly on the verge of rebellion, you're hemorrhaging resources everywhere, every victory is just post-poning the inevitable, and the only win-condition is to still be alive after a certain number of turns.

If there's some progression system for unit that allows them to go long term like Battle of Westnoth or the Heroes mod for DoW 1 I'll think about it.

Can we get a "you don't even need other boards" in here

Some less orthodox chapters and the Guard are occasionally able to pull off some basic tech heres. . . Innovation. Just don't tell those tight asses in the red robes

Was that a catachan devil attacking the ork?

It looks like shit in all honesty.

>4X game
>Has better graphics than fucking DoW3 and has the artstyle looking correct

God damn I hope everyday that Relic gets shut down for their bullshit, but somehow they recieved the license to make Age of Empires 4 and I remember there is no justice in this world.

Oh shit real---
>Slitherine

Oh... Rip

*tips hat*

What the fuck is a 4X game ? Should I get excited about it or is it just something like Armaggedon or Sanctus Reach and all the other cheap trash games GW has been pumping since some years ?

4x game is like Civilization, or the overworld map part of total war, or Endless Legend, etc.

>requisitioning better gear
>increasing local capabilities
>discovering STC
>bringing in higher officials
The simple fact that it has Necrons and IG in the base game rather than the standard chaos and eldar already puts it on my good side.

Not that user, obviously, but Slitherine is a smaller company who makes tablet quality games. They're big fans of the IP and faithful to it, but their stuff is... Pretty jank. The game might not be bad, just don't expect it to be super polished or anything

RTS game, but more like Civilization or Sins of a Solar Empire instead of like Warcraft or Dawn of War.

>RTS
>Civilization
I know what I said.

Turn based, not real time

The only 4xs I've seen to mix RTS and 4x well are total war and Sword of the Stars (rip)

>total war
>4x

Armaggedon isnt bad desu, its just an older style of game.

diff user
They did the Armageddon game.
I find there games are poorly communicative and structured. I often don't see them explaining the direct impacts on damage (this is for panzer general they were a bit better in Armageddon.
I personally don't think they have the ability to do a 4x alpha centari style game.
but total war was bollocks and anything can be better
it was pretty nice
until
>guard suck now go marines
>SHs really easy to kill with the right weapons.
oh and your unit has random hit rolls so it can just do no damage at the wrong time
that's the last one that gets me.

Make it so that you can share your survival time online and compete with other players on who would make for the best Emperor.

eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate
They tend to be longer games and more strategic then RTSs like Starcraft or C&C, but don't have a defined and set starting scenario like grand strategy games

Looks like Sanctus Reach with hexagons.

did they outsource the trailer to deviantart?

It's a catachan devil

Get this man in touch with GW and a competent game studio, stat!

that would be really nice.
Even better if it was randomized, so the actual reasons why you are collapsing varies each time.

I liked Sanctus Reach so I'll be buying this too.

excuse me senpai, Primaris much?

For true 40k flavor give the player comically overpowered equipment that cannot be replaced. Give them a regiment's worth of rifles that hit like a battleship, but ammo has not been made in 5 millennia. Make the player ask before every battle if they REALLY need to sacrifice a whole tank if they could get 500,000 starving peasants killed instead. There are more artifacts in hostile space but you might have to exhaust some you already have to capture them.

So if I play Imperial Guard I should get 100 Baneblades that cannot be replaced?

That and more things like it.

Think of the possibilities...

Hereteks are a thing user.

And so are former human dark age colonies.

What if at some point during the match, an event happens where ALL 100 Baneblades had to be moved to other warzones in the Segmentum and now I have to get new ones by the Baneblades in storage that need some assembly required before use?

Pros:
Slitherine studios
Orks at launch

Cons:
Building shit in a 40k game

They already have models for 3 of those facrions by way of their sanctus reach game.

My guess is sanctus reach gets a necron content pact soonish.

The genre as a whole has had terrible fucking combat since forever, even the best examples of 4x strategy manage to make it barely better than terrible. I'll probably pass.

Don't forget Sins, user.

Basically this.

>Slitherine studios as a Pro
Nigga, you high? Literally the only thing of note they've ever done was build the masterful computer algorithms to power the most faithful recreation of combat ever for Deadliest Warrior.

Yep. The Munitorum are absolute bastards like that.

Think of, like, a committee of the worst fucking boss you've ever had, then add on the second worst, then the worst HR manager, and then the worst union rep. Note that all of those should be civilians. Those assholes are in charge of everything military that you have to wrangle.

Yeah.

Hey Tech-Support, my money is hitting the screen but nothings happening.

What's with the giant wasps?

Yeah, that sounds about right. Also, I was just making a reference to the incredibly stupid excuse given in Soulstorm for the reason why the IG bastion doesn't have the 100 Baneblades it somehow managed to have in what was basically a backwater world in the Imperium at large in the first place.....actually a bunch of that game don't make sense in retrospect.

Sins is a good game. I just wish they fleshed out the story more

>Necrons finally get a spot in a WH game
>IG aren't just sidelined
>WAAAGH magic finally made Orks playable
I like the fucking look of this

I really hope it's not another one of the countles mediocre, low budget 40k games out there. We defiantly need a new solid 40k release to save the game series.

probably Xenos-Barbarian esque entities.

Same way dawn of war worked for researching advanced units

As the scale of conflict progresses the factions requisite better resources/troops etc.

Needs more Tau

Well given 40k's track record with videya licensing as of late, I am going to assume the worst.

Having said that, it is a pleasant change of pace to see such an unlikely combination of starting races, so they certainly get some kudos there.

I sincerely hope you die in a car crash you fucking autistic wretch.