Weekend Warcraft Lore General

DON'T TOUCH THAT Edition

Warcraft lore and tabletop, as established in the board games, WC3:TFT, vanilla WoW, and now WoW: BfA.

>Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ENosWOAWUgo
youtube.com/watch?v=Qas9vDLW__c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Alright, /wwlg/, you get to rewrite the lore from the War of the Ancients forward. What's the biggest change you make?

Void Elves > High Elves

What's your character's story and background?

Reminder that pandarens are dumb.

I don't even know what I'd play if I got into a WC campaign, or what I'd RP on an RP server if I had a subscription.

Keep the old gods as pretty big threats, and make it so that Illidan wasn't a dindu.

Make it so the Garrosh didn't go crazy, but it still a young warchief on the way to making the horde a mix of the WC2 and WC3 horde.

Make Varian an angry cunt about the Horde but still sort of valid.

The Broken instead of Dranei join the alliance. Eredar still corrupted Sargeras and the Broken were just the Amish equivalent who fucked off when the Eredar went crazy. Maybe Sargeras saved them during the initial war but went crazy later, and the Broken want to redeem him?

Draenei jewel crafter who during the crash found out he had a calling towards the light as a Paladin. Still autistic about his jewelry though

>Blizzard has the opportunity to defy expectations and make the Pandaren a formidable race
>Decides instead to panda to the Chinese market
>Totally fucks it up

>not pandaring to the Chinese market
>losing all of those juicy dollars

No matter what I would never have been able to tolerate anything more than a single zone on a small island devoted to anything related to pandarens, much less an entire expansion.

Why shouldn't I touch that? It looks legal.

I'm still a fan of my idea to make time travel shenanigans in WoW based around a Legacy Of Kain style time-streaming chamber so then I can have my time-slipped Old God wrapped around it for a fun fucking-up-historical-events-to-create-paradoxes-to-temporally-amputate-bits-of-the-old-god raid.

youtube.com/watch?v=ENosWOAWUgo

user, I don't know what sexual standards you have in your country, but where I come from, ancient cursed idols are not considered capable of consent.

Man, when did LiLi get hot?

Should have built up to it. Having vendors in vanilla or roaming quest givers, some zones in later expansions, just something to build up the Pandaren home land instead of out of nowhere

Make Garrosh not fall victim to Old God influence. That's it, really.

He didn't. That's the big issue with Garrosh. He didn't fall victim to Old God influence. He weaponized the corpse bits of an Old God, but all he did was him and him alone. He isn't an instant of CORRUPTION.

Back when I still played, my favorite character was a young Darkspear who received shaman training from orc and tauren trainers during the early travels of the Horde and is filled with wide-eyed fascination at the new world of elements and spirits exposed to her. She takes to the art fairly well and is basically learning to see the world around her in a completely new light.

I have a plethora of character ideas for WoW RPs, as players or NPCs
Half Blackrock half Firegut Mok'nathal Blademaster mercenary.
Undead who faked her way into the Twilight's hammer to learn how to summon Faceless One flesh to replace her decayed meat.
A dozen Dark Iron ideas.
An older Blackrock (Scarshield technically) retired and hiding in a cave in Hillsbrad
A human girl from redridge whose parents/grandparents ended up enslaved to Black Dragons to escape the 1st war she'd have spent some time at an orphanage but eventually ended up working for the Black Flight again before backstabbing them somehow.
Goblin CRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAZZZZZY HASSAN in Uldum.
Goblin Mace rogue of some kind.
Several Quilboar character ideas.
A couple Forest, Rrost, and Jungle troll ideas (Never saw too much appeal in playing Zandalari directly and the Farakki/Sandfury don't really appeal.)

Shit, just too many to fucking think about

>an instant
An instance. Brain please.

Man blade masters need to come back in the game

Here's a mockup of the Redridge girl.

He wasn't mind controlled, or even getting whispers of new ideas planted in his head, but all his natural emotions were dialed up to 11.

He wasn't 100% himself, he was 200% himself, and that's not good either.

They can really only fit as NPCs, they're too much in the middle of Warrior and Rogue.

god I love the different trolls. Honestly I could run a troll only game just for how crazy it could get.

You could just be an arms warrior and use a katana all day.

Mocking up ideas for my Dark Iron as well as I can without the skintone unlocked for WoWhead or a working copy of Model Viewer for anything else.

Well, they usually used weapons more like big cleavery things.

Female tauren druid with aggression issues. Was basically forced into becoming a druid 'cause her father thought it would calm her down: basically just turned her into a nature wizard with the ability to tear shit up in a multitude of forms.

She pretty much completely bought into the Horde mentality, pledging her newly acquired talents for her faction's (and, more specifically, the orcs') benefit, rather than being buddy-buddy with the Cenarion Circle.

There's a lot more nuance to it all, of course, but she actually did eventually calm down quite a bit as expansions went on, especially after Wrath, becoming much more even-tempered, 'though never serene or tranquil. She even circled back on the Circle, as it were, becoming much more accepting of their teachings and methods. However, her primary allegiance has always remained with the Horde as a whole, even now in Legion.

Is very much a Druid of the Wild, even if she thinks of herself as being a Druid of the Claw; her main spec having changed with every single expansion, with Guardian/Bear being the most often.

It's a death kow
Moo

Li-Legal even!

I wrote way too much more than I should have for my Brewmaster Monk. Gonna' dump for anyone interested:

Year 579 of the King's Calendar - BORN

Darious "Wandert" Newman is born to Bouyer Newman and Kataline Newman in Stormsong Valley, Kul'Tiras. His father, Bouyer Newman, is a Human Shipwright, aged 24. His mother, Kataline Newman, is a Human Holy Priest, aged 22.

Year 586 by the King's Calendar - AGE 7

Family Newman sails from Kul'Tiras to Stormwind, looking to give Wandert an open and diverse lease on life.

Year 592 by the King's Calendar - AGE 13

Stormwind is attacked and raised to the ground by the orcish Horde, leading Wandert and family to evacuate to Lordaeron amidst the warring flames. This marks the begining of the campaign against the Alliance, as the world braces itself for the war of Orcs and Humans.

Year 593 by the King's Calendar - AGE 14

Wandert joins the Alliance Militia of Lorderan to begin training in the way of martial combat, while his father, Bouyer Newman, joins the Lorderan Shipwrights in effort to help bolster naval defenses and his mother, Kataline Newman, joins the Church of the Holy Light in effort to heal the wounded and train in the way of martial combat herself.

Year 595 by the King's Calendar - AGE 16

After training for several years, Wandert earns the rank of being a Warrior of Protection and meets Jennifer, and Arms Warrior, aged 19. Throughout the year, Jennifer teaches Wandert her own take on personal combatives and the two fall in love over the duration. The two remain on the back lines during their deployment, experiencing very little conflcit with the Horde.

Year 596 by the King's Calendar - AGE 17

The war of Orcs and Humans comes to an end with the total destruction of Stormwind and those surviving retire from their ranks or move to secure Alliance lands amongst other, distant territories. Jennifer becomes expecting of child and disenrolls from the Alliance Militia of Lorderan. Wandert and Jennifer elope to the western coast of Dun Morogh at Bouyer's suggestion, as he worries for safety from a potential second attack from the Horde for his son, his son's lover and their unborn child. "Newman's Landing" is a dock made by Bouyer for his personal retreat for between trips of Stormwind, Lorderan and Kul'Tiras.

Since artifact weapons are going away, what was your favorite (who wielded it, for those who didn't play Legion), and why?

Year 597 by the King's Calendar - AGE 18

The family begins to form a self-sustaining farm home, with Bouyer Newman making occasional returning trips to Lorderan to continue shipwright work while providing additional supply for Wandert and Jennifer. After a year's passing, Jennifer gives birth to a healthy baby boy and the two decide upon a name: Daerios Manfred Newman. Wandert and Jennifer spend a loving year together rearing him in blissful, peaceful seclusion from the rest of Azeroth.

Year 598 by the King's Calendar - AGE 19

Troubled by nightmares of guilt and phantoms of the past, Wandert wrestles with plans to return to Lorderan in persuit of justice for a lost Stormwind. After heavy contemplation, Wandert returns to hone his combative skills, leaving Jennifer and Daerios to their life of peace with the goal in mind of securing a safer tomorrow.

Year 599 by the King's Calendar - AGE 20

As if through a higher calling, Wandert finds himself spearheading the first retaliatory invasion of Draenor as the Dark Portal breaches once more into Azeroth. Without fear, he charges headlong into the abyss, arms in arms alongside his allies. He ventures BEYOND THE DARK PORTAL.

Year 6XX by the King's Calender - AGE 2X

Blood soaks deep within the chinks of his plate. Gashes, broken bones and will encompass the totality of his surviving person. Countless bodies lay amidst him - those of Orc and those of Alliance - he remains as most possibly the last breathing soul, gaspnig for breath following a shock of deathly chill. Flames roar in the distance and screaming pollutes the air. The clashing of blades and the cantations of spells tear the mana-strewen air asunder. Disoriented and weak, Wandert reaches forward to pull himself free, his reach failing as his perception of depth serves amiss. He reaches to his eye to find an empty socket, bloody to the touch and reminder of a pain just now realized throughout. He bites into his lips, drawing blood as he writhes in desperately silent agony. Darkness takes his waking conscious once more.

Year 625 by the King's Caldender - AGE 46

The Alliance, in arms with the Argent Dawn, fend off the Legion as otherwordly and demonic forces invade through the Dark Portal once more. As heroes bring much needed aid to those stranded within Outland for so long, a war-scarred Wandert drags his heels into a now seemingly-foreign Azeroth. A life of a secure, peaceful yesterday lingers from a time long ago.

...in the years that followed:

All that remain of his abode, a place for a promising life, lay a wake of certain death. Orcish remains surround a single, fel-charred Human corpse beside his beloved Jennifer's axe. Wandert returns to a nostalgiac Stormwind to inter the body of his late lover.

No records indicate a Newman stonemason, nor any debts, belongings or surviving relatives pertaining to such a name. Ties to any shipwright contrating following the completion of Stormwind return articles of Defias sabetoge and the ruined town of Moonbrook. A list of numbers denotes casualty death tolls.

The Silver Hand. It's about time I got to wield a fuckoff big 2h as a holy paladin

>They can really only fit as NPCs, they're too much in the middle of Warrior and Rogue.
Just put in a Titan Quest style system and let people make their own hybrid classes. I'm sure nothing could possibly go wrong.

And by nothing I mean everything.

Lorderan is discovered to have fallen into control of an undead menace allied to the Horde. No surviving traces remain of his mother's order except that of the stench of death permeating once familiar air. Word of Paladins leading a Silver Hand gives faint, distant faith.

Curious to one last strand of hope in finding any surviving family, Wandert takes sail to his family homelands of Kul'tiras. Upon the turmortelous ocean, a raging Deathwing sunders the world and sends the oceans of Azeorth into a maelstrom of madness. Wandert's ship and crew are washed ashore foreign, distant lands. Among being one of few to survive, he is found by a strange tribe of creatures which introduced themselves as Panderan. Sensing the discord within his heart and the horrors of his past, the Panderen people sought to help Wandert reclaim his lost peace within and to set his life with purpose as it once had before. Over the course of several months, they taught him their martial ways and hoped to instill their philosophies, however, it would seem that his heart and mind were lost to the past and only would his body be salvaged to any form of its prior self. The spirits the Panderen people drank to ease their bodies served to only hush Wandert's blood-caked mind.

A relieving sight of Alliance naval ships meets from the horizon to wash ashore Panderan lands. Upon returning onto a vessel homebound, Wandert overhears conversation of a priestly Newman rescuing hapless Alliance militia. Perplexed as to why someone would impersonate a lost veteran, he begins to raise his opinion before realizing that his son may in fact carry on. Wandert returns to Stormwind in great haste.

Daerios Manfred Newman, a distinguished champion of the Alliance and prior desserter, has established himself a paragon of justice and a shining beacon of light and faith for armies seeking a greater cause. Once again, as such of the wheel of fate turns, the Dark Portal beckons evil once more and a proud, stalwart Daerios is charged with commanding a forward operation, on part of the Alliance armies, to enter an alternate worldline Draenor. Seeking to discover more of his long long son, Darious officially enlists under the moniker of "Wandert" and is granted a position within Daerios' ranks as a veteran yet anonymous soldier. Unbeknonst to his son, Wandert finally has found what he has sought. The two, alongside their compatriots, fight a long and brutal battle towards quelling the Iron Horde menace and succeed valliantly. Following the raid of Guldan's Hellfire Citadel and the slaying of Archimonde, a weary Daerios returns to celebrate yet finds waiting for him a single, solemn soldier. Removing his helmet, he reveals himself to his commander as none other than a long lost father. Between them were no questions nor hestiation; only a warm, tear-meddled embrace did they finally share.

Year 635 by the King's Caldender - AGE 56

Having finally reunited with his son, Wandert combats the Legion forces with a renewed vigor. Despite his body aged and his wounds never fully healed, he nevertheless presses onward.

What does Veeky Forums think, lads?

Also, because I fucking had to...

Fuck, would have been a neat WoD hero class. Have a Yoda style movement spec, a honorable dueling spec, and a jedi not quite magic spec

Lore wise? It's probably a tie between Xal'atath and the Aldrachi Warblades.

Design wise in general? Maybe the Scythe of Elune or the Fangs of the Devourer.

The ones I actually used most of the time and begrudgingly grew to like them once I got a certain skin? The Fangs of Ashamane.

You want some bullshit?

www.wowhead.com/item=124224/mirror-of-the-blademaster

So you had a human from Kul Tiras who dodged most of the fighting in Warcraft 1 and retreated to a corner of Dun Morogh with his wife and new kid. He went through the Dark Portal and came back during TBC a broken man to find all his family dead and gone. While sailing to Kul Tiras, Deathwing shipwrecks him on Pandaria, he learned to be a brewmaster monk, and he eventually discovers and reunites with his wayward paladin son.

Pretty crazy for a human backstory, but Azeroth is a crazy world.

Yep, that's a perfect synopsis for that giant wall of a story. I'm gonna' copy that as a TL;DR for my profile, I appreciate it!

Appreciate the feedback, brochaho.

Undead Priest. Views undeath as a new lease on life and an opportunity to travel without the inconveniences of insomnia or jet lag. Has a tendency to find humor in most situations due to the sheer absurdity of said situations. Neutral in attitude towards most things; has been described by colleagues as being agreeable and easygoing. Enjoys cooking.

This is a pretty boring write up.

I did a thing when I was full of angst and emo

The fact that he's undead and not letting it keep him down is meant to be admirable enough, but there's unfortunately a whole bunch of quirky chipper undead out there.

What the fuck

I should have my character host Azeroth's version of Jackass.

>HI I'M JONATHAN MAXWELL, WELCOME TO JACKASS

Makes me miss the idea of roleplaying during vanilla/TBC. Though I'm sure these kinds of characters are still played, it seems to match the naivete of vanilla exploration.

Undead shadow priest

nice, i'll use this as a monologue when we turn to the forsaken in my next amateur zinwrath movie

Do it, you wont

I'd just make a class with literally every teleport/portal/shadowstep thing. Because why the fuck not?

Yeah, post cata you get the lore of everything dumped on you too fast. I *LIKED* not knowing what the fuck was up with Un'Goro until you were level 78 and visited its mirror image in Northrend.

Can anybody explain how this form of storytelling works? There doesn't seem to be any coherent story being told yet it all works and flows together so well and by the end you're just satisfied.
youtube.com/watch?v=Qas9vDLW__c

I actually would enjoy watching that.

Or rather, they'd make Rogues obsolete as DPS as they do the sneaky stab stab thing 100 times better.

Undead Warsong Orc Warrior stitched back together.

Got killed by the Scourge Invasion pre-Wrath event, got revived for experimentation by the Royal Apothecaries, got broken out when they came to stomp Putresses' shit in. Spent most of his time after that leading small groups in campaigns under Garrosh, reimprisoned during Siege and broke out again during the chaos. With Sylvanas in charge he's actually been climbing the ranks due to his face value.

Before the death thing he was a pretty generic reckless young warrior. The death's tempered him and allowed him to learn real self-preservation.

Tauren Hunter who is a wandering mercenary/bounty hunter. In Pandaria, he rescued a small village from Mogu and they started venerating him a la Jaynestown.

Why do we have so many flavors of elf and yet only one pure human faction?

Because Warcraft 1 forced the human nations to get their shit together and consolidate, forming the beginnings of what we know today to be the Alliance. That, plus Stormwind is one of the last major bastions of humanity, so things will tend to revolve around that.

Also, races != subspecies

>Elves are degenerate
>Humans are pure

The fact that they're adding draenei with yellow eyes instead of burly and thicc Kul Tiras humans is fucking stupid. Highmountain tauren instead of the taunka (who officially joined the Horde less than halfway through the second zone on Wrath, for Christ's sake) is equally stupid, but draenei with yellow eyes is just really fucking dumb.

Because warcraft elves are fucking faggots and one of the two primary sources of all the bad shit thats happened to azeroth. The other source being the old gods.

Dis is OUR land.

I feel bad for trolls whenever I read warcraft lore man, they were doing really well for themselves then some faggot night trolls couldn't stop huffing magic steroids and fucked up everything forever for them.

>AmaniDidNothingWrong.jpg

Did someone say...

lol, no. Any actually popular game could last this long if it really wanted too.

But they DON'T. They release NEW games with NEW technology that are ADDITIONS and FURTHER the game. WoW is practically the same, actually, no, retract that.

WoW is worse then when it's started, and has added no actual new improvements to anything besides a few quality of life improvements and two new classes. 13 years. Wowoeee...

The success of the game is not a portfolio of Blizzard. It is a portfolio of the genre, and what can truly be done with it, it just so happens blizzard, as well with so many other shit devs, have no idea why this genre is even well-beloved or popular in the first place.

That's why sub numbers are at a million, or even lower, you mouth-breathers.

You are a retarded brainlet still caring about shutting down other people who want to play a game.

No, you're not mainstream, you're degenerate and very likely a cuck lol

Hey. Don't be so hard on elves. Elves are great. They're the #1 killer of elves.

>dredging up Veeky Forums posts from an old thread
>ad hominem
>no quantitative data to support assertions

Your character is an abomination, one that wrecks havic upon nature. You have no right to claim any of the powers you had, your mother was a whore, and your father a simpleton.

Or wait. They were fucking COWS. The fact that the horde even exists is a slight. Taurens already have an animal form, fuckface, they have no need to attune to nature because they are fucking monsters already.

Stupid ass-lore and stupid-ass dindu nuffin taurens. Fuck you and your conceited concept that you could even grasp the bare minimum of how not to be a total retard at Druidism.

That is a pretty solid redeeming feature they have there I will admit.

Also it honestly it kinda surprises me the night elves hate orcs as much as they do considering their own past of being used and manipulated to allow the legion a foothold on azeroth then turning on the legion and freeing themselves. At least the orcs didn't blow up most of azeroth as a result of their fuck ups only draenor You'd think they'd be a little more understanding about that huh. But then again Tyrande is their leader and she's never been the sharpest knife.

Man the Human Paladins have really been out in force the last few threads. Did your tendies get cold or something?

Hate? Sounded like they regarded orcs same as humans, even after Cenarius' death.

Do you even statistics? Legion wasn't as near of a bomb as Warlords was, but the content tap has been just as dry. People leave during the off year. Why do you think they are releasing Classic?

BECAUSE THEY WANT TOO?! AHAHHA

No, it's an admittance that they were wrong, their design was shit, and once classic easily eclipses whatever shit modern wow comes up with, will you please come to this thread and admit how horribly wrong you were?

Holy shit, dude, you went from 0-100 real fucking quick. What do you have against tauren druids?

Nah. What'll probably happen is classic will get a bump in subscription price

>Thinks classic is going to go anywhere but the trash

People throughout the life of WoW used the new features because they were better than the classic alternative, and the content drought there will be ever lasting.

>DINDU NUFFIN ORCS
>AT LEAST NOT ON DIS PLANET WUH WOH

The orcs didn't turn on the legion. They were no longer a useful tool, but oh wait they were again, and got played. They could get played at any ti-oh wait got played by the old gods.

Orcs are the retarded niggers of Warcraft. Everyone hates them, but only tolerates them because wiping them all out would be a bit too much of a hassle, but every day where they nignog around someone gets closer and closer to pulling the trigger.

You'd think Thrall would be a little bit more understanding of humans, considering a few saved his entire species, several times. Then again he is a rather soft hammer.

If the Orcs hadn't been beaten by the Humans they would have fucked up Azeroth too, and then the Night Elves would have had to go over and kick their asses. but I guess Medivh PREDICTED they would get stomped in the SECOND war and not have the mental thought to consolidate their gains and play on the defensive in new and unexplored territory. They are just braindead foot soldiers, so maybe Medivh was right all along. But now that the Legion is defeated, their purpose is over.

>Legion wasn't as near of a bomb as Warlords was, but the content tap has been just as dry.

Not really, Legion's approaching it's third raid tier, while WoD only had two, and introduced two four new zones and a new dungeon, while WoD got Tanaan.

>Illidari will never be an independant faction
>The legion will never be a faction
>the various humanoids like gnolls and centaurs and shit will never be a faction
>ogres are still not playable

If I could go back in time, I would make WoW a 4-way war, with a new faction being added each expansion.

It would have so many benefits.
Characters and places would look less cartoony since the factions with have a more consistent aethetic and ideological/historical theme.
You could group with people of different factions since instead of it being an allies vs axis type of situations, it's more like a "We're not your buddies, but we're willing to let you help us since the majority of our enemies are from a faction that isn't your faction".
Grouping with someone of a different faction would make you temporarily friendly or neutral with npcs of their faction, thus increasing the amount of content available, and increasing the importance of working together with other players.

No more sylvanas as warchief, you wouldnt have nelves and tauren constantly killing eachother, way more content available to your character with only slightly more development work, factions having a unique feel, yadda yadda.

They represent everything WoW is: compromise for a shitty alternative. Druidism is organically tied to Night Elves. It will never be separated from them, but might as well has been, since 10 year young druids are now as powerful as those who have been harnessing their powers for thousands of years.

The Kal'Dorei will never reach their previous height, and that's because of WoW. Their stories have been co-opted by the other races, and that's retarded. Make your own damn stories about Tauren worshiping the grass or whatever.

No, the new features were forced on them.. Retard. Literally. New expansion came out, everyone was forced to peel over. By the time of Cata, this had grown daunting, as Blizz didn't know how to handle world development so they just resorted to killing old fan favourites, destroying old zones, and making new ones out of their arseholes. Why do you think there won't be new content? lol, any game produces more content, idiot. Then again, it WOULD be like blizz to never produce new content for the fastest growing game of the year, just to say 'oh we TOLD YOU SO that the OLD GAME SUCKS! only the new game is ALLOWED new content!'

Which is a dumb statement. If you don't know how to create more vanilla wow content, you don't deserve to create vanilla wow.

Content =/= players
Blizzard repeating the same old shit isn't drawing in new players. Go back to Mists of Pandaria. Shit was not stable. They don't know to stop the hole from leaking.

This guy gets it. Entirely. You cucks will be sipping up Blizzard's cumtrails rather then reforming, and looking towards a better game. You either demand it from Blizzard, or make your own. You don't keep playing the shitty product because its 'good enough(with horrendous lows)'

>10 year young druids are now as powerful as those who have been harnessing their powers for thousands of years.
Player characters are known to be highly adaptable and very fast learners.

And if tauren druids got you that twisted, how hard did you shit your pants when the Darkspears learned how to reach the Emerald Dream thanks to the cheeky loa?

>No, the new features were forced on them.. Retard.

No, ultimately players have chosen to use the tools Blizzard gave them.

>Blizz didn't know how to handle world development so they just resorted to killing old fan favourites, destroying old zones, and making new ones out of their arseholes

They did that because vanilla levelling was shit and they wanted to speed it up for new players so they could reach current content.

>Why do you think there won't be new content?

It would no longer be classic, would it?

The best Tauren druid isn't a player character, lol.

Oh but I forgot this PC meme around the WoW fanbase, just a note: You aren't special.

There's about 40 'canon' PCs running around. Likelihood is, your special-snowflake Female Tauren Likely isn't even on the list.

Troll druids don't even exist in-game, lol. I can think of maybe(maybe?) one npc, and even blizzard forgets about that one. Literally just a player balance thing. No one recognizes them as even having the potential. Trolls exist out of pure spite, they'd rather practice voodoo then any of the actual class-specific tasks anyways.

You don't even know what the emerald dream is if you think Trolls have any impact on it.

>Content =/= players

I was referring to his comment about content though. "The content tap" has not been as dry as WoD.

>Blizzard repeating the same old shit isn't drawing in new players.

But you think classic will despite it being the oldest shit?

Have Tauren been druids for a very long time? You sound like you're a Night Elf fanboy and have autism.

Ultimately the players have not, since more then 50% of the playerbase plays on PRIVATE servers.

They invalidated past content. They didn't make leveling any less shit. Its arguably more shit. Just faster. You braindead gremlin.

And no, your last point, is just the dumbest argument by nufags who want to retain their precious polished turd of a game. New content is REQUIRED for ANY game. New CLASSIC content was PLANNED that wasn't Burning Crusade. They decided that loot-pinata enemies were more fun then actual development or any sense of accomplishment/story. They were wrong. They have sacrificed everything for Red versus Blue, except when Big Bad shows up, and everyone can see right through this.

Do you think numbers dropping drastically is a normal thing? Would you be shocked to know that league has only GROWN in numbers? Consistently? ARE YOU AN IDIOT?

They're doing something wrong. This must change.

According to Chronicles, tauren have been druids for just as long as night elves, if not longer.

They've never been druids, Faction balance for a game that doesn't need hard-line factions. IE retarded.

>You sound like you're a Night Elf fanboy and have autism.
Common trait amongst NElf fanboys.

As I implied in my other post, alliance and horde would be split into a total of 4 factions.

Humans, dwarves, gnomes
Orcs, trolls, ogres
Undead, ghosts, pale elves like the dark rangers or the wretched dudes in the belf starting zone.
Nelves, tauren, (treants? furbolgs? dryads?)

Expacs add the following:
Illidari would be pretty much the same as it was in wc3, with dranei, belves, and naga
Scourge would be insect guys, ???, ??? (I never played wotc)
Legion would be ????? (I dont remember the race names)

For each race you could do ??? (maybe a questline, or getting to a certain something with a character of the relevant faction) to use that race in another faction it would make sense for them to be in. Maybe if you have a decent rep with a faction that your race seems like a fit for, you just say to a representative that you wanna switch?
E.g. you could do this to play a belf that's actually a high elf in the alliance, have a tauren instead be in the horde, etc.

>Tauren druids don't exist
>Troll druids don't exist
There's revisionism, and then there's this.

Nulore to support gameplay. Retarded. Since lore was changed originally to support gameplay. Why go back and change it, if it is apparent to everyone what the nulore is?

Taurens practiced with sticks and stones. They weren't druids. They were back animals who had the idiocy to get in a turf war with mongloid centaurs, when they are a nomadic people. That's like saying the chinese didn't invent meritocracy, or agriculture, or civilization, or anything else in the eastern hemisphere. The aboriginals in Siberia did. They just were too stupid to learn how to use weapons that they got wiped out by the mongols.

You see how dumb that is? you see how unresolved that is? do you see how that panders not to 15% of the fanbase that already has no identity, but to less then 5%? When that 15% has druidism tied to their very being and culture, with the 5% have a lot of other stuff going on that they could draw from?

>Nelves, tauren, (treants? furbolgs? dryads?)
>le Cow Elf meme
Night Elves historically hated the Tauren, barring brief cooperation during the War of the Ancients. There's never been any love between the two races and the NElves were perfectly fine leaving the Tauren to their fate at the hands of the centaur.

Tauren are not reluctant tagalongs for the Horde. Not even the death of their leader shook their devotion to the Horde for any considerable length of time. They bleed red and black the same as the orcs and trolls.

>more then 50% of the playerbase plays on PRIVATE servers.

You have a source for that?

>They invalidated past content. They didn't make leveling any less shit. Its arguably more shit. Just faster. You braindead gremlin.

It's better by dint of being faster. You can go through one to sixty faster than it used to take you to go through the barrens.

>New content is REQUIRED for ANY game.

No it's not.

>New CLASSIC content was PLANNED that wasn't Burning Crusade.

Never implemented though, was it? So not part of classic.

>Do you think numbers dropping drastically is a normal thing?

For a game that's 13 years old? Absolutely. Anyway BC was more popular than classic, and Wrath has the high point, so shouldn't they make a Wrath server?