dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/697553.page
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Greenskinz
pastebin.com/804FLTQc
youtube.com/watch?v=3qrBUsrKBh8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder:

Please dont respond to anti-stormcast shitposters

I thought that slacfag got banned in last thread

There are numerous anti stormcast folk. See facebook for evidence. It's harder to find pro- stormcast people at this point.

Theyre just all fucking goobers. You see them on every single warhammer community post with the same comments. One guy wrote a rant about too many stormcast releases in the holiday bundles. There was one fucking stormcast bundle.

One is too many.

Even 40k can go without a SM holiday bundle.

Then upload the yet to be uploaded novels, or else I will shitpost until The (second) End Times.

That is rich considering that 40k's last four months of releases have been a nigh-non-stop tide of power armor. And people complain about SCE getting half a dozen kits spread over a whole year (4 of which in a single release)

40k is at least getting fucking books and indexes for all factions, which means new rules.
More than half the fucking sigmar range doesnt have a book, meanwhile 40k just got like 5 in the last 3 months.
I dont want more golden fucking soyboys, I want new rules for armies that dont have them, and maybe new models for other armies. Fucks sake, how can you defend a constant stream of the same shit and then call all the multitudes of people complaining about it one shitposter?

>More than half the fucking sigmar range doesnt have a book, meanwhile 40k just got like 5 in the last 3 months.
Yeah, because most of new codices are literally ctrl+c ctrl+v of 7th edition ones + new special rules and a page or two of primaris-related lore

He's right. We can do better, /aosg/

Can we continue the template meme from last thread? It was kind of neat.

You realize that 8th edition 40k is similar to current sigmar rules right? It would take the same effort to port a 7th edition book to 8th editon as it would a fantasy to sigmar, and all the factions are already compatible with the sigmar rules! They just need to make some new rules, some formations, some lore, and some cool items and there done. Its the exact same effort as 40k, theres no excuse. They can just ctrl+c ctrl+v the sigmar index ones + new special rules and a page or two of stormcast-related lore per book.

>It would take the same effort to port a 7th edition book to 8th editon as it would a fantasy to sigmar
But you know that every faction in AoS has a brand new lore like BCR or FEC, right?

pic slightly related

can someone give me a rundown of how this is different from old school fantasy battles

I'm trying to research but it just confuses the shit out of me

or would I just be better off playing total war

Well, you can just read the core rules - they have 4 pages

I guess that answers my question
>or would I just be better off playing total war

I mean I already saw those "core rules" but I didn't really believe what I was seeing.

>I mean I already saw those "core rules" but I didn't really believe what I was seeing.
So you played WHFB, read the core rules and still don't know the difference? I really don't want to be mean but maybe you should stick with Total War then I guess

I didn't read them, I just saw there were a whole of 4 pages of them and thought it couldn't have been all of them if it actually had anything to do with WHFB.

> be a Nurgle player, death guard get a massive release - Nurgle daemons soon...
> all new models are super powered right?
> Nurgle gets blight war - releases featured model... - absolute garbage gimmicky never use buffs.
> new stormcast model YAS QUEEN super killer and cheap on points...
Why the fuck do they do this?? This is why every one hates stormcast

Then read them user. Literally 4 pages - you can do it

>user did not bother reading the rules.
This is why your game died.

Sick of this pro-stormcast poster. Just ignore him.

Mixed GA Destruction army: Y/N?

Y

try not to be mad, some guy said that SC is not going to be the favorite forever and their bullshit is because of a narrative thing. Obviously I thought he was full of shit but maybe you will believe him.

Looks awesome but little synergy between any models. GA Order can still have synergy but not Destruction

My nigga.

I’m on the same boat as you, user. I’ve been hyped for new Nurgle Daemons ever since the Rumor Mill previewed what turned out to be Horticulous Slimux.

“Don’t worry user, with 40K getting all this Nurgle love, AoS Nurgle will release right after!”

“Plastic Great Unclean One, plastic Beasts of Nurgle kit! Soon!”

“Khorne and Tzeentch got their AoS release right after 40K, Nurgle will be the same!”

What did we get? One (nicely sculpted) but ultimately overcosted and unusable character. The fact that Blacktalon is so
good for her cost is just salt in the wound.

Now once again I’m hearing rumors of Daemons I’m January, but this time I’m
not buying into the hype.

I just sit here watching 40K get more and
more new Nurgle stuff, none of which I can even use for conversions.

And what do they release? Another Stormcast character.

Of all the comics you could pick you had to choose garth shiteater ennis.

Speaking of Stormcast, have a WIP of a count-as Shadespire warband.
I plan on using the Ironjawz cards for them, with the paladin-type as Gurzag Ironskull, the armored gryph-hound as Bonekutta and the other two as Hacka and Basha.
What are you guys working on?

could Tyranids work in AoS without being too setting breaking?

No.

No, AoS is a setting for armies composed of people and not NPCs.

working on an army designed to not win tournaments, but absolutely wreck stormcast opponents. That's the victory that counts, and stormcast seem to make up half of entrants nowadays.

A noble cause user, but you can’t really wreck an army that has very little in the way of exploitable weaknesses.

I don’t think they even have a hard counter.

>What are Skaven and Ogors?

That's a tremendously stupid idea, buth in concept and in practice, but as long as it makes you happy I suppose that's enough.

Sure, but they’d need to be powered down in a way that the other races actually have a chance against them. Most of the ranged options would have to go or be heavily reduced in number

Oh wow, we went for most of the year without that dipshit question, I think.

>chaos rats
>sumos who share nothing with Tyranids other than eternal hunger
Yeah no

Mortal wounds and model count?

Why not? There's not much of a setting to begin with

Yes, just strip off everything that makes them tyranids and you you could introduce them.
Get rid of the numbers, get rid of the space travel, get rid of the planet-eating, get rid of their speed and mobility (in terms of deployment and such) and make them keep bases.
And then you're still stuck with a npc faction with zero identity beyond 'hungry space bugs'.

Deadfolk arise !
i'm slowly starting a death army, and my first objective is to have 1000pts of undead
for now i have :
1 vampire lord on foot
1 wight king with a great banner
10 graveguard with heavy weapons
a block of 40 skellies with spears (leftover from fantasy)
this amount to around 700pts, so i was wondering what i should add to have 1000pts
the hexwraiths seems neat and fast, but i have also a converted zombie dragon lying around
what do you think fellows ? what should i pick ?

Someone of DakkaDakka already built a mini-battletome about it:

>dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/697553.page

i don't understand your obsession of putting nids in AoS
it just doesn't make any sense
it doesn't fit fantasy. The nids are sci-fi monsters for fuck sake !
as a nidfag, i find this even more ridiculous considering we finally have a good codex to play in 40k

good god, what bullshit

every time I've read a fan made warscroll it think it's made by a 12 year old for his TOATALLY FAVVV faction

Honestly. Off all the 40k shit I could maybe see Kroot in AoS, since their tribal culture and tech level on display with the models could be somewhat explained. Everything else? No way.

Okay found all my Dwar- Duardi- Dispossessed in a box (Thankfully 1 sq inch of plastic is seemingly unbreakable) and I have some freeguild on the way in, What is a good Combined Order Army w/o SCE? Do I need any pointy eared f- Elve- Aelfs?

was thanquol thing so sad?

Depends on what you already have.

on the other hand, lizardmen in space would be totally rad

wait that's actually their fluff for AoS

Any tricky way to play 1000pts Beastmen on budget? They seem to be pretty expensive desu. The battalion box has only 360pts - yeah, it gives you 40 models but it's more expensive than a start collecting box and has no hero model. Even with two battalion boxes, a beastlord and shaman it's just 890 pts. Why beastmen units are so cheap point-wise? Are they so shitty or what?

bumping with the dragon pic
sorry for the shitty phone quality

they are pretty shit yep
maybe add some heavy hitters, like dragon-ogre or minotaurs stuff

What are you working on /aosg/?

this dude the basing is incomplete, and i need to clean the paint on the dragon

I am waiting on an order of round bases and astrogranite so I can rebase my Dispossessed from square to round.

Just fill the rest with Chaos Monsters to summon with your Shaman.

Do regular orcs still exist in AoS fluff? Are they all Ironjawz now?

Yeah, there are still green niggers.

Arboyz are regular orcs. Also Greenskinz are a separate faction on their own

He's fucking 200 pts? I've never checked his actual cost. I just believed the player when he showed me the picture of the profile on his phone that said 120 pts. What a cheating cunt. I don't care if he's trash that's just fucking bullshit.

They are the Greenskinz faction.

>whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Greenskinz

There also are the Bonesplitterz for all your savage orc needs.

I've got like 60 warriors, 10 old warriors I style as long beards, 10 thunderers, 2 warden kings, enough slayers to make an army of unbound, and a rune lord. I also have 10 guard, 10 gunners, general, demigryphs, luminark incoming

Yep, Horticulous is in fact 200 fucking points.

120 pts seems more reasonable, but I am afraid your friend was actually cheating.

For what you get, not even close to worth it. Which sucks because the model is great and I wanted him to at least be playable.

Nope.

As a gardener, they could have at least given him some ability to corrupt terrain, or something. Into the trash it goes.

Has any meta narrative actually been revealed yet? or is it all speculation, mystery and the chaos/stormcast fight for land control premise still?

That'd actually be a cool concept for a nurgle daemon character. Give him a spell\ability to overgrow terrain with plants from Nurgle's garden, maybe reduce the stats of any model in that terrain, or make things in that terrain have to roll or take a mortal wound.

But naw, we got slugboy's shitty beast of nurgle synergy.

How well does my Dispossessed dudes' lore fit into the overall lore of Age of Sigmar?
pastebin.com/804FLTQc

The armies of Order are making their footholds secure.
Nagash has decided to go go to war against Sigmar.
Chaos and Destruction continue to fuck things up.
They said they're going to show us the fate of Slaanesh next year at some point.

Still the same shit.
>Order is retaking the mortal realms from chaos.
>Chaos is defending their holdings from order.
>Destruction just wants to fuck up everyone's shit for lawls.
>Death is mad at Sigmer because he cucked Nagash out of delicious Stormcast souls.

Very nice, good job.

But I want to keep the brayherd allegiance pal - I can run only up to 200pts of allies in 1000pts games

Let's say anything else remains as it is, including the cost.
Gains the following.
>Gardener of Nurgle:
Units within 7" of this model treat all terrain as Deadly in addition to all other rules it might possess. Nurgle units within 7" of this model instead treat all terrain as Damned and Arcane in addition to all other rules it might possess.
>Murderous Shears:
A wound roll of 6+ made for the Lopping Shears instantly causes d3 Mortal Wounds in addition to all other damage that attack would inflict.

youtube.com/watch?v=3qrBUsrKBh8

Didnt this guy used to work for GW? Why is he running a youtube channel now

He got fired iirc
Or he left
One or the other

Shoutout to GW for producing a tool that's ACTUALLY high quality and extremely useful.

If you don't have the handle, get it, because it also makes for a great buttplug

how do you mitigate the wobble from Arkanaut airship stands?
I get real nervous watching my frigate jiggle back and forth.

Add more stands?

Are you just going to be a smartass or are you actually going to explain how to go about that? Theres only enough room for one stand on the model.

unless you're implying I should just drill random holes in my ship and stick stands in them? because that would look like trash

That's exactly what I am implying.

waiting on celestial warbringers upgrade packs

I have no idea if they're compatible or not but maybe try finding one of the other flight stands on ebay and see if they'd work better.

The 40k Harpy or Corvus Blackstar flight stands look like they may not wobble as much.

Alternatively you could ask some Dark Eldar players in the 40k threads how they make sure their Raiders don't wobble, they look like they use the same kind of stand.

He left. He likes gw games but he couldn't be honest about them. Also he was having to do a different job than what he originally signed up for and didn't enjoy it as much. So he left. He said he holds no ill will toward GW honestly

I like these ideas. It would at least make him worth his cost.

Has anyone used him? I feel like even building an army around him to make use of his ability would leave the player seriously gimped.

Beasts of Nurgle aren’t really that great to begin with. Plus the models are god awful.

Everything

I guess you could bring Slimux, a general with an aoe buff command ability and MSU Blightkings to satisfy battleline requirements and then load up on single Beasts of Nurgle.

See I thought about running him as a “counts as” Harbinger of Decay, because it has the Daemon keyword, so it kind of fits.

That's probably the best way to go about it. I've also seen people use him as Epidemus.

Some brutes, only some straps horns and the weapons left

love the white lions, wish their rules were better

Soon

Shamans can summon while keeping Allegiance

Thinking about starting up wis AoS

I have the silver tower minis and would like to know between the two new battleforces

picking picking kharadon and tzeentch

which would be the better choice? are the competitive

local players are sigmar and 1 undeath

Tzeentch are magic.

KO are shooty

Theyre not so bad, 2 attacks 3s to hit 3s to wound -1 rend isnt so bad. Yeah phoenix guard are better but they still hold up

Tzeentch most competitive army in the game. Your theme is cheating on dice rolls.
KO glass cannon. Your non-khemist heroes suck, you're very killy, very unforgiving.

Thanks I think I'll pick up that Tzeentch battleforce

Executioners are flat out better