warhammer-community.com/2017/11/27/chapter-focus-blood-angels/

>Chapter Approved Points Leaks, the tears lmao
imgur.com/a/D1Kxa#wIJNCgr

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=fJQLyBpT4n8

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!) recently updated
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=528950754

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for Dark Eldar are just Diet Slaanesh.

nth for I'm ready to fucking die and am sick of playing a game I don't even enjoy anymore

>am sick of playing a game I don't even enjoy anymore

So stop.

I need another HQ for the 2nd battallion, unsure what to go with. I feel an exChampion is good but he has no entourage to roll with. A dark apostle can help the cultists, but is it worth it? Only other thing would be another sorcerer but they are pricy.

+++ New Roster (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [99 PL, 1852pts] +++
Legion: Emperor's Children

+ HQ +
Daemon Prince with Wings [9 PL, 463 pts]:
>Intoxicating Elixir, Malefic talon, Warp bolter Slaanesh: Warptime
Sorcerer with Jump Pack [7 PL, 126pts]:
>Bolt pistol, Delightful Agonies, Force sword, Mark of Slaanesh, Prescience

+ Troops +
----2 squads of----
Chaos Cultists [3 PL, 40pts]:
>9x Chaos Cultist w/ autopistol and brutal assault weapon, Mark of Slaanesh
>Cultist Champion: Brutal assault weapon and Autopistol
Noise Marines [11 PL, 224pts]
>2x Marine w/ Blastmaster: 2x Blastmaster
>7x Marine w/ Sonic blaster: 7x Sonic Blaster
>Noise Champion: Combi-bolter, Sonic blaster

+ Heavy Support +
Chaos Predator [9 PL, 192pts]:
>Combi-bolter, Mark of Slaanesh, Twin lascannon, 2x Lascannon
Obliterators [10 PL, 195pts]:
>Mark of Slaanesh, 3x Obliterator

+ Dedicated Transport +
Chaos Rhino [4 PL, 74pts]:
>Combi-bolter, Combi-bolter, Mark of Slaanesh
Chaos Rhino [4 PL, 74pts]:
>Combi-bolter, Combi-bolter, Mark of Slaanesh

+ Elites +

Sonic Dreadnought [8 PL, 137pts]:
>Missile launcher, Twin blastmaster
Sonic Dreadnought [8 PL, 137pts]:
>Missile launcher, Twin blastmaster

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [23 PL, 424pts] ++
Legion: Emperor's Children

+ HQ +
Chaos Lord [5 PL, 85pts]:
>Mark of Slaanesh, Plasma pistol, Power sword
---Need another one---

+ Troops +
----3 squads of----
Noise Marines [6 PL, 113pts]
>Marine w/ Blastmaster: Blastmaster
>3x Marine w/ Sonic blaster: 3x Sonic Blaster
>Noise Champion: Combi-bolter, Sonic blaster

Looking to start up a brand new army and taking a serious look at a Nidzilla list. I find it pretty cool that almost every category has at least one monstrous creature in it (HQ, Elite, Heavy, etc).

But are Nidzilla lists any fun to play? How about play AGAINST - will people refuse to play against me?

mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Newish mega folder that is trying to be more up to date and combine both fluff and rules

See

I mean, i guess it's better than outright worshiping slaanesh like they Ynnari do

nth for Nurgle

>7
well you got the get you needed

Nurgle has blessed me

Based pappa is best pappa

I added your folder to my OP, it's just this guy missed it, somehow. The thread isn't even at 300. So now I gotta stay up and make sure the pasta survives past when I'm awake by making the new thread after both sage.

As for completeness: you are missing dual formats for rulebooks. I checked the Damocles section and noted that while you had Montka and Kauyon, you were missing the scan from Burning Dawn/Shadowforce Solaq, which is part of the Damocles series.

And in the black library bit, I think you are doing good, but I've come across The greater Evil in both PDF and Epub, but couldn't find it in your mega.

2000 point excuse to port my Horus Heresy stuff into 40k

Salamanders Battalion

HQ
Captain in Terminator Armour
Relic Blade, Storm Shield
141 pts

Librarian
Force Sword
105 pts

Troops
Tactical Squad x10
Plasma Gun, Heavy Bolter
105 pts

Tactical Squad x10
Plasma Gun, Heavy Bolter
105 pts

Tactical Squad x10
Plasma Gun, Heavy Bolter
105 pts

Elites
Apothecary
55 pts

Contemptor Dreadnought
Multi-Melta
167 pts

Terminator Assault Squad x5
x5 TH/SS
280 pts

Heavy Support
Land Raider Redeemer
Multi-Melta, Stormbolter
368 pts

Predator
Twin Lascannon, Stormbolter
141 pts

Predator
Stormbolter
140 pts

Predator
Stormbolter
140 pts

Total: 1999 pts

>mfw khorne's a kardashian

I want a plastic Great Unclean One. Can someone sneak in the GW factory and take pictures of the January new Daemon Codex please ?

Be patient, Nurgle will gift you when it is time

Grandfather is most generous.

But I'd prefer those

So stop playing it, stop reading/posting about it and go rub your genitals against those of another.

>that giant fly demon in the background to the left

Why would they refuse to play you? Yes, you can do some fun shenanigans.

Will we be seeing the rest of these guys, eventually?

There's something wrong with your points on the DP. Not a chance it's 463. Should be around 189 without checking my books. Unless I'm reading it wrong.

>all primaris are at least remotely drawn
>majority of DG is just a green smear

DG squatted soon.

>Friend is losing his shit over 4 point conscrits after buying 90 of them.

KoS fucking WHEN

Anyone got the DA leaks from other day? Think it was just the faction trait as far as I know

Tell him I'm laughing at him

One mighty kek

>propainted

Posted this in the last thread but got no replies.

Haven't played a game since the end of 4th ed/start of 5th but lately have been getting into modelling and my heretic chaos cult are starting to come together.

Taken me ages on and off to start to get close to a 600 point list using GSC index. Just want to know if this army can be competitive at all in friendly games. Don't really care about winning but would be nice if the list is fun or will be competitive against casual gamers.

Also what should I look out for when playing 8th? Any huge changes since 4th besides vehicles obviously?

Magus

10x Neophytes w/ shotguns. 2x uprgaded to have flamers.
In Chimera w/ 2x heavy flamers

10x Neophytes w/ shotguns. 2x uprgaded to have flamers.
In Chimera w/ 2x heavy flamers

Toxicrene

The +1 to wound on the charge is pretty glorious.
Deepstrike the priest with the sanguinary guard to give them a rerollable 3+ to hit, S5 treated as one bracket higher (that means wounding T4 on a 2+).

There's probably a more efficient way to abuse this awesome chapter tactic, but this was just a quick test.

It's an awful colour scheme but it does seem well painted from a technical standpoint. Kind of hard to tell because of the blurry images though.

It looks like it's all done with an airbrush though, zero detail work. The blending might look impressive, but with an airbrush even my pet dog could do it exactly like that.

Making my Archon now and I've just got this feeling of dread that the weapons I've picked out for him will be useless once the Dark Eldar codex drops.

Is there a way to get over this? I could try magnetizing but it seems stupid for such a small model.

It's also easy and quick to do, you just put all the models on the table and 2 hours later you are done for a 2k army. The painting after the airbrush is what makes airbrush paintjobs pop, and that's the time-consuming part (that this taufaggot didn't do)

As an avid airbrush fan it's ass hats like this that make people think using an air brush requires no skill and is lazy.

Spraying a lighter shade in areas (whether it would be highlighted or not IRL) to make contrast so the model stands out and calling Pro painted is absolute shite.

Don't even get me started on the guys who blast white/very light blue over a light source and calls it OSL.

I guarantee if you took away the airbrush from the guy who painted these his models would look like shit.

A airbrush is a tool in a painters kits, it shouldn't be a crutch.

Rant over

mmmh what is this lovecraftian horror?

source?
Also, drink those salty tears.

Whats the big deal couldn't he just repurpose them as guardsmen

My local club was taking inventory recently; discovered a whole 7th ed Tau meta army that some WAAC fag had "donated" after 8th came out.

No one wanted to touch it, i'm almost proud.

Any admech veterans:

Yesterday I put my order in. Two of the following:
Start Collecting Skitarii
Skitarii Rangers
Kastelan Robots
Kataphron Battle Servitors

I also ordered the codex+cards, and 4 Ironstriders.

For a Mars list, what would be the best list for 2000? I’ve got Cawl from the box set.

I hope we get the Embo looking dude, at least

What’s in it? Tau are pretty good now without being autistic (provided no spamming of commander squads).

I wonder, are there any Death Company Librarians in the Blood Angel lore? I have a death company army already and was considering painting a librarian black but I like to be fluffy

Stick a Librarianought with them.

My friend is offering to sell me his spartan for £80, it's fantastically well painted though I might end up stripping it as it doesn't match my scheme, depends on whether I can reconcile the difference (it helps that its heavily weathered.) I do need a decent transport / more firepower for my new army and buying a legit new one would be £43 more.

Do you think it's worth it?

Cawl
6 dakka kastelans
2 onagers with magnetised icarus/laser destroyer
2 units of 5 rangers with 2 transuranic arquebuses to camp on objectives in cover
rest of the skitarii vanguards
Plasma kataphron destroyers
secondary HQ should be an enginseer (cheaper) but a TPD will work until you can get one

Make sure you build dragoons as the ranged variant is doodoo. You'll need the melee support anyway.

TArqs are nice but a bit point heavy. Only bring them if the enemy is relying on character buffs.

Plasma Vanguards are my personal favourite. Arc rifle rangers are also nice.

Neutron laser is great. Eradication thingy is too random.

just get a new one from HERRO and save a gorillion moneys if you really need it
I'd only buy it from him if I intended to keep the paintjob

If I was going to make a big china order I would but I'm not currently and china wouldn't turn up for quite a while and it's also the convenience of having a fully painted one ready to go right away, hence the dilemma.

Leaked point changes from CA 2017

I’m only getting 4 robots because price. I could add another box to the order though. Is 6 dakkabots necessary?

Conscripts bumped to 4 pts was retarded. They could have just had a tag “Conscripts RFG” and it would be the same thing. If conscripts could have something other than just a big 30 man blob and no rules about orders failing half the time, you could make an argument to justify the cost, but this change was just cementing the GW sales pitch of “Your infantry suck again, but hey, look how great your tanks are! Go buy 12 of them.”

>t. salty guard WAACfag

Next summer.

>we need him to look cool
>have him kill a guardsmen

Everytime

He is not wrong thou. Why would you ever take Conscripts when they do not bring anything outside of big blobs?

Now the tank comment is retarded. Since we all know GW only cares about Primaris sales

I think I will paint my Librarianought black with red stripes...

I'd try to see if I could come up with a satisfying explanation for leaving it as is, still if you really want one soon I guess you can go for it

Can't believe we get more death guard stuff, fricking excited

Also what’s the points/wargear

Someone had said the vanguard were not as cost effective and the arc rangers would be a better investment. Also I’m getting 4 TArqs for two 5 man squads and fielding the other 30 as forward troops. I should have 4 arc rifles and two plasma culverns.

Problem is my list is 150 ish over so how do I fix it?

Its more annoying from an internal balance issue than an external one. Why would anyone buy a conscript blob when MSU, Ld7/8 infantry are available for the same price?

And why would anyone buy an Atlas when you can get two techpriests instead?

And why is it so hard for GW to make a vanquisher cannon better at Anti-tank than the battle cannon?

Ironstriders aren't that bad. Also there is a ranged variant of Dragoons so saying "build dragoons" might be confusing for someone new.

If you're bringing destroyers then cost efficiency is the last thing you're worrying about.

GW is incompetent.
They are riding on the shoulders of giants.

For fuck sake I’m almost sure the rules bloat is bigger than 7th right now, percentage wise. Since 8th rulebook is like 2 pages and one of it is for colouring

>saying conscripts are dead makes a 3E player a WAACfag

Boy I sure love when the power wheel spins everyone points the finger.

Most I’ve ever used for conscripts was just a some long lines pushed up along the front of my table edge to fuck with the alpha strike cheddar. Use what tools you have, faggot. Cheap bubble wrap counters you? Bitch to GW maybe they’ll nerf guard again instead of fixing their stupid rules.

I’m playing Mars so I need them. I figured 6 Destroyers and 4 Kastelans was a healthy number for 2k

>trading armies
retarded

>mars needs destroyers
For the stratagem? Inflitrators with flechette will do you better senpai

I figured he meant the Taser Lance.

Is the serpenta worth it or should I save the 36pts

>percentage wise
and what's the significance of this?

>I need them
You don't need them. The +1 to hit stratagem is nice but it's by no means needed on Mars, Cawl already means you're hitting quite a bit.

Destroyers are widely considered over priced and inefficient, 6 of them are going to eat a shitload of points. They're by no means a bad unit but if you're really that worried about cost efficiency then leave them at home.

But muh 52 mortal wounds!

Comparison.

Been playing since 2nd and I do not recall this level of FAQ/Erratas so fast and for so many things

percentages mean nothing

They could have just had another page or two and we probably would have avoided at least half of the entries on the faq.

But then again knowing the 40k playerbase, maybe there was no avoiding it.

90% of all percentages used in conversation are made up on the spot anyway

CA buffs them hard.

35->30 base cost, phosphor blaster 8->6

Net gain of 7 points dropping the plasma destroyer to 63 points per model. Drops my 6 from 420 to 378.

It means something when most of the rules aren't even in your rulebook and you have to cart around 4 books and a stack of dataslates just to play a casual game with friends.

You mean like in 7th edition, where over half of the special rules in your codex were only explained in the rulebook, and the rest in supplements and campaign books?

>buffs them hard
It's not that much of a buff. It's certainly an improvement but that's still almost a quarter of your points into 6 models that die a lot faster than you'd expect. You'd still get more mileage out of two more bots than 6 kastelans.

>Tau hoofies on gunslinger grill
Oh nooo shes half tau because she has a nose

not like rules made after a book can magically be included in the base rules. i still don't get why percentages matter here. if you lack even 1 rule from your book, you need to get it from somewhere else and you've "needed" at least 2 books and FAQ to play since the beginning of 40k pretty much

Yes, just like that. So then they tried to simplify everything in 8th before realizing that there was a reason all of that bloat was there in the first place and then desperately trying to shoehorn it all back in and making the problem even worse than before.

I use my Codex and everything else is on my phone in PDF form.

this cracks me up every time but then I notice the shopped in mouth and the laughter stops

What do you guys do with all your spare Datasmiths?

>where over half of the special rules in your codex were only explained in the rulebook
If you played an army for any period of time you generally started to just memorize all of the relevant rules anyways, and rules like Relentless and shit were easy as hell to remember.

IMO the systems biggest fault was the book's formatting.

AoS player here. Plan on including some 40k elements to my daemon army, so i can do AoS and 40k. But just curious, is there any particular reason why AoS isn't popular as 40k? Seems like everybody just wants to play 40k at my local gaming group.

well for the most part I just don't own any

You could always use them to make custom Enginseers.

guaranteed replies

Because 40k is an interesting setting and fantasy is just a d&d knockoff.