So what do you guys think is the best way to get maps for your online games?

So what do you guys think is the best way to get maps for your online games?

I've saved some and will commence dump now, but I can't just find a map for every situation. I'm thinking of making them in photoshop with hand drawing and stealing assets from other maps but is there an easier way?

Other urls found in this thread:

mipui.net/app/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>So what do you guys think is the best way to get maps for your online games?

Go to the roll20 trove and download the Gabriel Pickard map packs, then build your own maps in photoshop or some other image making software.

Do any of you have like a world map from Faerun or Oerth? not the flanaess or the "sword coast and friends" map that are everywhere. I mean the entirety of the damn thing.

Adding in my pathetically small supply available on this device.

Seriously pathetically small supply.
1/2.

And 2/2.

>but I can't just find a map for every situation
That's why you find the maps you want beforehand. Just select any map and put it in a folder and create a story for each location.

The what and the where now?

OP you can find a pretty staggering array of very high quality maps on deviantart

Ask for the roll20 trove in the PDF request thread. Download the map packs in the Gabriel Pickard folder. Build maps in photoshop like gif related.

Gabriel Pickard makes many different map packs on Roll20 with a bunch of premade and modular parts to make just about any kind of battle map you can think of. I'll post more demo gifs after this post.

Last gif

Whoops. I lied. Here's one of a premade set with each level of the castle.

Shamelessly shilling the eloquen/tg/entleman who made a free, open source map maker and posted it for all of us to use.
mipui.net/app/

>dat lower right seam

Map generator that would work with selected environment theme, size and key elements. It also probably doesn't exist.

OP here again, thanks guys! Will be trying all these out. Have this gif as a reward

What would be a good program to use to do this other than photoshop? Paint,net could work but you wouldn't have be able to really do changes to object locations because of its limitations. I want to get a head start making maps for my campaign I'm designing and looking for good tools to use.

this is a good reward.

Jesus this has come far.

One single thing, if that great user is reading this:

Angled walls are better if they start in the middle of the side, rather than at a corner.

Pic related.

On the left side, it is not obvious whether you're allowed on the angled tiles - they're half size, is that enough?

On the right side, the blue angled tiles are 7/8ths the size of a regular tile, and the yellow angled tiles are 1/8th of a regular tile. Clearly you're allowed on the blue and not allowed on the yellow.

I have *no* idea how difficult it would be to implement walls that start in the middle of tile sides, but I'd appreciate it if you did.