>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Might fine title there lad. First for the DAWI

What are the regular people up to in Age of Sigmar?

Being faggy regular people.

Populating and defending the free cities. Like hammerhal, anvilhelm, etc.

Thank you. the AoS wiki didn't have anything. I've only ever been interested in the lore of Warhammer so this had been a tough spot where all the old is dead and I can't find anything for the new.

it's in the megas, in the campaign books and novels

Dawi?

You mean the Steamhead Duardin?

There isn't a lot of centralized lore about them yet. We just have bits and pieces spread out over several works. AoS hasnt adopted a core central rules and setting book yet. So you have to hunt around for what you are looking for.

Dawi was what the dwarfs called themselves in the old world.

Steamhead was only ever in the first book, the idea obviously morphed into the Kharadron.

Enjoying the duardin love in this thread.

Here is a piece of official AoS artwork that has some ironbreakers at the bottom

and a gyrocopter in the background

BY GRUNGNI! THE CLASSIC DUARDIN SHALL NOT FALL!

Old world? Is there some fluff I missed? (I started playing 8 months ago)
So the Kharadron are the Steamhead Duardin while the rest are just Duardin? Makes sense.

Don't forget the first book also made a reference to redslayers who searched for urgold

During that time they were still working out a lot of the kinks in the game and setting. I'm pretty sure Steamhead Duardin are the kharadron overlords as well.

Old World is referring to the previous game Warhammer Fantasy Battle and its universe which was destroyed and later became the world you know in Age of Sigmar.

Before AoS there was Warhammer fantasy battle. A tolkien-eque fantasy setting and game. The story of that world lead to its destruction at the hand of chaos. AoS is the sequel to it. Sigmar, archaon, and several others have their origins from the old world.

And duardin is just the term for dwarfs. Regular dwarfs most would consider the dispossessed faction, who are right now seeking to reclaim their mountain holds, or living in the free cities with the humans

I don't play them but I think they're cool.

Had some games tonight will post pics and report later.
death v archaon khorne
seraphon v nurgle
bcr v death
free people v seraphon

Right now if you want to experience the old world, the best means is playing the video game Total War: Warhammer. It's a genuinely good game, and the old world lives on in it.

>normal beastmen look like crap and are armed with rusted badly crafted weapoms
>Tzeentch beastmen are in complete physical perfection and are armed with finely crafted weapons

justify this

Fucking scrubs like you are what keep this piece of shit game afloat you ignorant fuck.

Warhammer Fantasy was a far better game that GW killed for this abortion just to make some quick shekels.

Do yourself a favour, find the old Warhammer Fantasy books and look at them. Then you will know what a real wargame is supposed to look like, not like this kiddie shit.

can someone explain the flying gold dudes to someone who has yet to get into AoS? What the fuck are they? Ground Marines?

Needless to say there is still some bitterness about it from some people, lol

Tzaangor are smarter.

They're Sigmar's warrior elite of immortals that he made out of human heroes.
They're pretty much Space Marines.

It's all part of the plan.

So is Sigmar the Emprah 2: Electric Boogaloo?

Fuck you cunt. Warhammer Fantasy was the best GW game they had made and it's tactical rank and file gameplay was unique along with it's amazing lore. GW just decided to fucking knife us all in the back because they could and that they wanted to appeal to children instead of the mature fanbase the Warhammer Fantasy had.

Fuck GW
Fuck Age of Sigmar
And fuck that prick Kirby.

Think of him more of what you would get if you combine the God-Emperor of Mankind with Zeus and Odin

Sort of, they have similar goals and methods, but in terms of personality they're different.

All you had to do was buy the models but you didn't.

They have a few parallels to space marines, but there are a lot of differences too.

Sigmar is still alive and well, and directing the stormcast eternals in the war against chaos.

The stormcast eternals are all from human heroes who in a past life proved themselves against chaos, and before their death he snatched them up, reforged them into magical warriors, and sent them back to fight chaos some more.

When a stormcast eternal dies, his soul gets taken up again to Azyr (sigmar's home) where the soul gets reforged again and sent back into the fight. The cost however is it takes time to be reforged, and each time it happens, the individual loses some of his/her memories and individuality. With enough reforgings they essentially become mindless beings of holy vengeance.

Its an army of holy paladins

Right now all I have is a golden armoured autist with a hammer riding a 6 legged horse REEEEing at mutants
Is he actually capable of understanding human emotions?
that sounds kind of interesting, albeit ripped from the Halls of Valinor
>oh they die but they don't
also a little god tier plot armour

Also being auxillaries alongside the stormcast

>also a little god tier plot armour
Keep in mind there is a cost to it. Not only for the guy getting constantly reforged. There is a finite amount of resources to keep doing this, and it's not instantaneous, it takes time.

What is at stake are the battles themselves. they have lost battles, and while most of them come back to fight again, what they were fighting for could be lost. Like defending human cities, fighting for relics, or even realmgates.

It's an interesting take on an answer to the numberless hordes that are chaos. So far in the story it's working well, but not like the SCE are absolutely steamrolling everyone. There are victories and losses still.

oh. That doesn't sound terrible, so why does everyone hate it?

Piss off mate, I had just started a tomb king army when shit began hitting the fan.

Because To them it represents what they replaced, the old world

Also GW keeps pushing them. I like them, but there have been so many releases for them while other factions in so much more need get left behind. GW is pushing them as much as space marines and people who are not interested in stormcast eternals are getting irritated, and understandably so.

>join thread to celebrate orkz
>nuthin' but filthy 'umies n stunties
gits! the lot of ya!

Personally I like the skaven most, but I understand the frustration. I wanted to play Necrons to try them on but I found out my lgs doesn't even stock any of them besides scarabs. but at least I actually like the Space Marines

>tolkien-eque

Literally how?

>Orkz

It's Orruks now.

Calm down. I am not calling whfb a tolkien-clone, but it had a lot of similarities.

>nations and continents mirroring our own
>orc, elves, dwarves, humans

Among others. Of course the differences are what made it so cool, but to the layman I just call it tolkien-esque to convey a general sense of it.

>Humans, Dwarfs, Elves, Orcs.
>Fantasy world with a grounded setting
>Forces of good against evil
Yep, nothing tolkien like about it.

tolkien-esque generally refers to a magical fantasy setting with orcs dwarfs elfs and such. its just a general adjective

yeah, also if you play them straight out of the box with default color scheme and stormhost it's pretty bland desu.

which is a shame, as they're the souls of mighty warriors from battlefields old and new like a combination of einherjar meets soul calibur, so the creative Your Dudes potential to have each be specific heroes is really high. pic related is my conversions I just got primed last night

damn dude those are sexy is that a death guard scythe or are you happy to see me?

I think its a scythe from a mortis engine kit

it's a cairn wraith scythe and flaming bright wizard or flagellant head. castellant has a fyreslayer head, heraldor is a khorne aspiring champion upper half, liberator prime lower half, paladin protector spear, gargant hacker pole, karl hero upgrade pick axe and lots of greenstuff. neave has two vulkite karl axes, and celestant is pieces of two sce heros that I forget, runefather head, protector spear pole and decimator axe head.

the decimator unit are reforged empire greatsworders with manly moustaches and feather plume hats that I'll be doing up with red and white checker armor and the liberators all have auric hearthguard beards and mohawks. I'm currently cutting up stuff for the other liberators to be like blood angel death company skull faces and black armor since they've been reforged too many times so they don't even remember their names, they only remember how to kill.

holy fuck dude, looks like some major time investment, looks great

>literally npc sidekicks

what does npc stand for?

Non Player Character / Not Playable Character

Are dispossessed playable? Like do they have rules and whatnot?

I think they do, I think that user was trying to meme- saying that the dwarves arn't prominently promoted by GW

Oh but then they're not an NPC? okay

They do, but people give armies without battletomes a hardtime.

I didn't take good pictures this time because it was a really involved game that went all the way to turn 5!

BCR v. Death, Total Conquest, 2k

1 huskard thundertusk
2 butchers w/ cauldron
1 Skal w/ hunter, 6 frost sabers
4x mournfang
4x mournfang
4x mournfang

vampire lord on zombie dragon
necromancer
wight king
mortis engine
40 skelebros
10 skelebros
10 graveguard
5 black knights
6 vargeists

I had less drops so let him take 1st turn. We postured 20"-ish away from eachother while expanding our models into proper positioning t1. bone zone dead center across from my huskard, butchers, and mournfang unit 1, vargeists and 10 skeles on the left across from my mourn unit 2, and zombie dragon+ knights+ GG to the right against mournfang unit 3.

t2 I won init and gave it to him, wanting to set up the t3 double. he made a fort around the right point of GG, knights, vampire dragon. on the left he camped out inside buildings closing in on my left point. the middle skeletons, heroes, and mortis began the creep up. I put the mournfang into cover between my point and the fort+dragon, set up counter charges along my backline to clean out my points if he took them, and galloped thundertusk on top of the center rock pile deadly terrain (come at me). fired 6mw main cannon into necromancer who death saved 2, took 1, and shipped 3 to skeleton horde, who death saved 1, then on his turn came back. oof. 1 damage dealt with frost wreathed ice gg me.

t3 he won init, sent 3 vargs and 10 skeletons into my left point to capture, charged zombie dragon up the deadly terrain like a baller, didn't roll the 1, and smashed thundertusk for 10 damage (me re-rolling saves from triumph) and got both butchers into combat as well. butchers swung 17 attacks back dealing 1 damage. thundertusk also did 1. he scores 4 points so it's 6 to 2.

>Oh but then they're not an NPC?
Yeah just like Orks in 40k 7th edition

No they're a full army, but they don't have a battletome yet, which puts them at a disadvantage. But they're not too bad. They have decent melee, good shooting, and fairly tough. But they're very slow, in a game which needs speed. Some overcome this with allies. One user likes running ko endrinriggers to fill that gap.

A guy on the Facebook group said there was a major gt in Australia recently and ab dispossessed player took 11th place with them, which isn't bad

>No they're a full army
>no mages
>no artillery
>no monsters
>no cavalry
>no characters
>no role in fluff

So I wanna start Dwarfs.

Do I play Kharadron, Fyreslayers, or Dispossessed? They all have some fantastic as hell models, though I've only looked through the Fyreslayer book so far.

What's the cliff notes weaknesses of all three dorf armies?

>Implying dwarves would use mages, cav or monsters . . .

They're a footslogging army, always have been. They get the exact same artillery they had before, just under a new name (ironweld arsenal).

>No role in fluff.

>ironweld arsenal
Different faction.
>guys look they were named the localnpolice force, they are rekevant!
>meanwhile each great city protected by SCE

Looks like the slavshitpopster is back.

But who built those cities you fucking faggot?
Who rebuilds the cities that Order reclaims?
THE FUCKING DORFS!

>t.legacycuck

>THE FUCKING DORFS!
Nice, now step away and let actual armies fight, angry manlet.

Really with Warhammer games, the meta and rules shift all the time. Mostly go with what you like the look of the most, and what would interest you in terms of the hobby the most.

But for now, I described dispossessed here Fyreslayers are a horde army. They rock in melee but die in droves. They have a battletome and are really good right now competitively

KO have transports and some good shooting, but short ranged. But they have the speed over the other dwarves

>cont
bottom of t3, I heal tusk up to 5w. shoot mortis engine, other butcher puts +1 to hit on middle MF, mystic shield unbound. right MF fall back out of cover to protect point. left MF charge the 10 skeletons and kill them all, capturing. butchers retreat to make room for middle (+1 to hit) MF, who charge zombie dragon and delete him. he comes back to life with the ring, and sets up 11" away next to mortis engine, as I didn't leave a place for him to drop with those right MF, expecting him to roll the needed 3+. I score 3 and it's 5 to 6, whoever wins prio will be in a great place.

t4 he wins prio, heals zombie with mortis once-a-game, rolling 17" and does 3 mw to basically my whole army. zombie drinks chalice as well and is sitting at 10 life. the bone zone starts spreading over deadly to my bottom left point, capturing it, and with the full 40 he'll just have it for the game. mortis shifts right around the fort. zombie dragon kills butcher #1 but couldn't get close enough to bottom right point. vargeists consolidate around his upper left point. he scores 4, up to 10. my turn tusk heals 1 from pelt, fails blizzard heal. voracious maw unbound. skal ambush in to upper left point. skal pistols actually hit stuff on the right, cleaning out 5 skeletons. MF charge upper left point, sabers charge, hunter fails charge. I kill enough dudes to capture. tusk charges over deadly to get bone zone into combat so they can't spread to upper left, roll a 3, safe. right MF charge black knights, killing them. GG pile in and kill 1 mourn. tusk piles in like a peninsula so only 8 skeletans get to attack and chooses not to swing (or he'd remove the closest 2 and be out of combat). score 3 so 8 to 10.

t5 I win prio, finish off upper left guys, heal up tusk, middle MF kill zombie dragon again, right MF kill remaining GG but can't finish off mortis engine. I score 4 so it's 12 to 10. his t5 mortis engine retreats onto bottom right point, scores 3, GG, 12 to 13 Major Loss.

Mature fanbase right here folks.

Is that astrogranite on the base?

>playstyle dorfs cliff notes

KO have attack on titan zipline harpoons, fast, great shooting, a flying tank, and have jetpack squads of chainsaw terrorists. Glass Cannon Army, unforgiving of mistakes, fun.

Fyreslayers are 90 vulkite berserkers deepstriking from tunnels backed up by lava balloon lizard mounts that explode when they die and lots of great hero buffs. horde, low diversity, on pcp, fun.

Dispossessed are blocks of solid, save re-rolling, battleshock resistant, two handed axe in one hand holding shield in the other dudes with good shooting and runelord stacking invuln/rend buffing heroes with a once per game teleport. kinda horde, slow, put the durable in duardin, fun.

Hm. So kinda like
Fyreslayers - melee centric
KO - Ranged Centric
Dispossessed - both?

I'm a bit off put because I like the Fyreslayers but most armies run 90 or more dudes for their lists and that sounds ridiculous. On the other hand, I dunno how I feel about transports and war balloons for KO. And on the other other hand Dispossessed don't have a book and are Mega footsloggy. Do they even have behemoths or anything without Allies?

I believe he used sand+elmer's glue, then mechanicus grey+wash over it. I used astrogranite for my bases and covering the stonehorn's horns and found it quite nice, but both work.

>friend just started Seraphon
>he friends are picking Sylvaneth and skellies
>other friends have Stormies, Khorne, Ghosts, Ogres, fly dorfs, orcs, elves
>tell me to get because I played fantasy
>have some wood elves and Tzeentch daemons
>try a Game of each
>not sure how I feel about either anymore
>can't decide what I want to play
This is the worst feeling. Fuck.

>Dispossessed - both?
Neither of them

don't feel like you can't play what someone else is. depending on the army they could be quite different even though it's the same faction, and who knows where you'll be in a few years, or what people will do once the inevitable 2nd army collection begins. play what you like!

I think neither is what I meant. So I'd be a fool to play Dispossessed right now, if they don't have a book? Which sounds like a shame because that was the army I wanted to start back in WHFB honestly. I really dislike the horde aspect after playing orks in 40k. Hmm.

Tzeentch obviously, 9 kek dice to rule the game.

Wood Elves will be rebooted but it's uncertain if this will occur in 2018. If you like shooting trees then fuck it, pick Sylvaneth insted.

Fact is that any Chaos Daemon is cash because you might end up playing them for 40K aswell.

>Gross

full disclosure, dispossessed is a definite step down from fyreslayers and KO in terms of competitiveness, but also to be fair those two are 2 of the 4 strongest armies in the entire game right now (next to tzeentch and stormcast). And dispossessed shooting is like a C+ (which isn't too bad in aos actually, since many armies just don't even have any like ironjaws and the entire grand alliance death).

What is this picture from? It's so comfy!

>So I'd be a fool to play Dispossessed right now,
Yes, wait untill GW give them actual models and battletome

You could do mixed duardin.

Dispossessed battle lines and fire power
KO speed and some shooting in the form of endrinriggers and skywardens
Fyreslayer big monster beatsticks

Nobody new wanted to get into WFB because the existing player base was made up of toxic people like you. You're so toxic that you are posting hate in a thread about a game you hate. Can't you see that you are the problem?

Wouldn't I lose Allegiance traits and all that though, that seems dunb to do. The only one without traits is Dispossessed right?

>meanwhile, typical AoS-player
>REEEEE
>Appologize to Age of Sigmar

speaking of the dwarfs, what if any thing have the Chaos Dwarfs been up to, or were they completely squatted?

They were mentioned, but nothing specific

Pretty sure some became the Fyreslayer rune dudes and others stayed Chaos Dorfs and helped build the Chaos spiky forts.

>So I'd be a fool to play Dispossessed right now, if they don't have a book?
Only if your only interest is playing tournament competitive. Otherwise they are fun to play, and if you like the model range and hobby aspect, it will not be a wasted effort. Besides, collecting now will give you something for when and if their battletome finally drops. It's really up to you.

what I learned this time:

I've improved a lot since my last battle against death (where I positioned 45% of my army "just out of charge range" ...and then got charged by a fully buffed 40 skeletons and every single mournfang died). I ended up rushing a decision or two in bottom of t3 and top of t5 which were notable mistakes. putting wounds on the wrong guy so that when he died and was removed the mortis could fit close enough to the point, and not putting enough attacks on the engine on my last turn to assure its death, though that was guesswork. Overall I think I played much better.

This time I tried some non-standard stuff like forgoing stonehorns entirely in favor of equal points worth of mournfang and that's just unquestionably better. Furthermore, I'm completely sold on units of 4 MF instead of the standard msu of 2 each everyone told me to run. Yes, having 2 reduces the chance of brutal battleshocks making 80-point ogors run for each point you fail it by, but it's more important not to lose the combat activation game. with weapons at 4+/3+, two ogors just aren't impactful enough, they end up being fat guys who miss all the time. you need 4 worth of swings to get good work done before your opponent can activate. with butcher buff they killed a 440pt mounted vampire lord on the charge twice in one game before he could swing, in msu land he'd be hitting back. a charge-focused bruiser style army like this needs to hammer down when we get the charge and just risk it with battleshocks. sometimes you gotta bet big to win big.

also with units of 4 I was able to actually capture objectives, instead of having a huge behemoth watch helplessly as three surviving battleline waltz up and auto-steal. 4 MF are 320 vs a stonehorn at 360-380, same save, nearly statistically identical offense, and double the wounds (and stone skeleton does fuck all against non-mws now). my three meticulously customized and painted stonehorn are shelf-tier in ghb17.

>Otherwise they are fun to play,
>non-supported army

If you do that, you would have to go to grand alliance order allegiance, which isnt too bad because dispossessed allegiance is pretty mediocre. So you wouldnt be losing much.

>ironweld arsenal
>Different faction.

Duardin-made cannons manned by a duardin crew fighting alongside other duardin are totally a different faction.

a game on the table next to mine from lgs! look at all that proper terrain too, so good.

>>guys look they were named the localnpolice force, they are rekevant!

Ah yes, look at these guys, they clearly just mounted police.